PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Melvin Ingram visiting Chiefs

Pages : [1] 2

The Franchise
03-20-2021, 08:45 AM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Former <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chargers?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chargers</a> veteran pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is set to visit the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> this coming week, source said, the first visit for the veteran. After seeing him twice a season, KC could bring in Ingram to face his old team.</p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1373283204023656458?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 20, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 08:46 AM
I'd have zero issues with this.

carcosa
03-20-2021, 08:47 AM
1,000 POSTS LET'S GOOOOOOOOO

Chiefs=Champions
03-20-2021, 08:48 AM
I know he's not a perfect scheme fit, but I'd love to sign Ingram. He's still a top notch pass rusher.

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 08:49 AM
I know he's not a perfect scheme fit, but I'd love to sign Ingram. He's still a top notch pass rusher.

as a situational pass rusher/rotation piece, he's a good fit.

Archie Bunker
03-20-2021, 08:50 AM
Yes please

Chiefs=Champions
03-20-2021, 08:53 AM

True enough. There's always room for good pass rushers.

siberian khatru
03-20-2021, 08:54 AM

Assuming his knee is OK

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 08:56 AM

What do you mean "situational"?? He can stay on the field on all three downs imo as he's been solid against the run too.

Warpaint69
03-20-2021, 08:59 AM
Assuming his knee is OK

I’m guessing his visit will include a physical

MahomesMagic
03-20-2021, 08:59 AM
Hopefully he is healthy. That's my main worry with him.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-20-2021, 09:01 AM
Damn. I didn’t think they’d take on his size in this defense but if they think it can work, let’s go.

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 09:03 AM
What do you mean "situational"?? He can stay on the field on all three downs imo as he's been solid against the run too.

I mean that he's a little small to be a 3 down, play every snap LDE going up against the typically bigger power guys at RT. He's a more natural fit as an OLB in a 3-4. Of course, we're in nickel 70% of the time, so it's not a big deal. He's also getting a little long in the tooth, and has had some injury issues. He'd be better served keeping him somewhat fresh and rotating him with someone like Danna, who is kind of his mirror opposite. Keep a guy like that somewhat fresh and he'll feast late in games.

He's a good player that's past his prime, which is totally okay; that's exactly the type of guy The Patriots used to win most of their Super Bowls.

RunKC
03-20-2021, 09:03 AM
Pass rush would be amazing with Ingram. The guy is an excellent #2. Go watch the week 2 game.

That guy was giving us fits

pugsnotdrugs19
03-20-2021, 09:04 AM
My guess is visit = if physical goes well, he signs.

And you know this guy is ready to win some real games and stick it to the Chargers who didn’t extend him last year when he wanted it.

The Franchise
03-20-2021, 09:05 AM
Damn. I didn’t think they’d take on his size in this defense but if they think it can work, let’s go.

Wonder if he could play the SAM in our base defense on a couple of snaps.

Chargem
03-20-2021, 09:06 AM
Would be a fine pick up I think

wazu
03-20-2021, 09:08 AM
My guess is visit = if physical goes well, he signs.

And you know this guy is ready to win some real games and stick it to the Chargers who didn’t extend him last year when he wanted it.

Was the zero-sack season his way of getting revenge?

pugsnotdrugs19
He’s basically Justin Houston without the possible hard feelings there between Houston and the team.

RunKC

I don’t get this line of thinking. The guy was 6’2” 264 lbs at the combine

Archie Bunker
He’s about Danna’s size, I don’t see a problem there.

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 09:09 AM
He’s basically Justin Houston without the possible hard feelings there between Houston and the team.

with more consistent effort.

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 09:10 AM
I mean that he's a little small to be a 3 down, play every snap LDE going up against the typically bigger power guys at RT. He's a more natural fit as an OLB in a 3-4. Of course, we're in nickel 70% of the time, so it's not a big deal. He's also getting a little long in the tooth, and has had some injury issues. He'd be better served keeping him somewhat fresh and rotating him with someone like Danna, who is kind of his mirror opposite. Keep a guy like that somewhat fresh and he'll feast late in games.

He's a good player that's past his prime, which is totally okay; that's exactly the type of guy The Patriots used to win most of their Super Bowls.

I understand but with him being decent against the run too we've got to keep those kind of guys on the field as long as possible because that's an area we have to improve aswell as the pass-rush. Right now Clowney, Dunlap and Ingram are available and Veach has to get it right.

Chargem
03-20-2021, 09:11 AM

At the combine 9 years ago?

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 09:11 AM

He's listed at 247 right now. That's pretty light for a LDE in a 4-3, at least as a 3 down player.

He's not a prototypical LDE, but he is a talented player, and I'm sure Spags would be happy to have him.

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 09:14 AM
I understand but with him being decent against the run too we've got to keep those kind of guys on the field as long as possible because that's an area we have to improve aswell as the pass-rush. Right now Clowney, Dunlap and Ingram are available and Veach has to get it right.

Well, I'd argue that part of the pass rush problem is guys wearing down and getting tired. I would argue that rotating guys in and out and keeping fresh horses is important late in games and late in the season.

I'm not saying you need to hide him or anything, but why use up all his energy on first down running plays when his true talent is in rushing the passer? Let Danna chase RB's. Use Ingram to rush the passer. That's all I'm saying.

And he'll still have some burst in the 4th quarter, when he can tee off.

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 09:16 AM
Ingram thrived with just Bosa alongside him so having Frank and Chris could be huge for him. No other team in the league would have a better trio imo. I also think Ingram's attitude could breath new life into the DL room.

Easy 6
03-20-2021, 09:18 AM
I'm down, he was a huge part of a D line that always made life hard on us

If he gives us what Ogbah did, thats enough to justify it

Marco Polo
03-20-2021, 09:20 AM
I approve

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 09:21 AM
Well, I'd argue that part of the pass rush problem is guys wearing down and getting tired. I would argue that rotating guys in and out and keeping fresh horses is important late in games and late in the season.

I'm not saying you need to hide him or anything, but why use up all his energy on first down running plays when his true talent is in rushing the passer? Let Danna chase RB's. Use Ingram to rush the passer. That's all I'm saying.

And he'll still have some burst in the 4th quarter, when he can tee off.

We've had a problem against the run for years...it would be utterly naive to leave a good run stopper out on downs just to "rest" him. Either he can handle the job at hand or don't bother signing him and go get Clowney...that's my opinion. Can't keep turning a blind eye to the run D.

Chief Roundup
03-20-2021, 09:21 AM
Meh whatever, he has never been someone that worried an OT.

The Franchise
03-20-2021, 09:22 AM

ROFL Holy shit.

notorious
03-20-2021, 09:23 AM
I'll trust my eyes.

The guy is pretty good.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-20-2021, 09:26 AM

I recall Schwartz once speaking of him as one of the best players he faced through these recent years in Kansas City.

RunKC
03-20-2021, 09:27 AM
He's listed at 247 right now. That's pretty light for a LDE in a 4-3, at least as a 3 down player.

He's not a prototypical LDE, but he is a talented player, and I'm sure Spags would be happy to have him.

I just want a quality rusher on the left side on key passing downs. We get that and we are in great shape

smithandrew051
03-20-2021, 09:27 AM
I’m in. Let’s go.

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 09:29 AM
We've had a problem against the run for years...it would be utterly naive to leave a good run stopper out on downs just to "rest" him. Either he can handle the job ay hand or don't bother signing him and go get Clowney...that's my opinion. Can't keep turning a blind eye to the run D.

You're making my point for me.

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 09:31 AM
I just want a quality rusher on the left side on key passing downs. We get that and we are in great shape

He's absolutely that.

Sassy Squatch
03-20-2021, 09:32 AM
I recall Schwartz once speaking of him as one of the best players he faced through these recent years in Kansas City.
He's not bullshitting either. I can remember Ingram pushing Schwartz shit in during a number of games. That 29-28 debacle from 2018 in particular.

Titty Meat
03-20-2021, 09:33 AM
Yeah as the 3rd pass rusher that would be a nice pick up

In58men
03-20-2021, 09:35 AM
Give me Reynolds, Ingram and Okung. I would give this FA a solid B+

The Franchise
03-20-2021, 09:36 AM
Give me Reynolds, Ingram and Okung. I would give this FA a solid B+

I see you’re being smart this morning. I agree.

louie aguiar
03-20-2021, 09:42 AM
Yes, I’m in for this

Pasta Little Brioni
03-20-2021, 09:44 AM
A whole lot of dumb on this board. Would be a solid move.

ljmhawk
03-20-2021, 09:47 AM
not a fan of this...watched Hard Knocks last year and he looked fat and out of shape and he never practiced.....and he’s hurt a lot.

In58men
03-20-2021, 09:48 AM
Updating: I’m told Melvin Ingram’s visit with the #Chiefs is currently scheduled for Tuesday, per source.

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 09:48 AM
You're making my point for me.

No I'm not..he's proven he can play all three downs..YOU are speculating about him only being "rotational" because he "MIGHT" wear down..so it's a futile point rooted in nothing factual tbh.

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 09:58 AM
No I'm not..he's proven he can play all three downs..YOU are speculating about him only being "rotational" because he "MIGHT" wear down..so it's a futile point rooted in nothing factual tbh.

He's had injury problems and declining production, and he's over 30. There's nothing speculative about that.

He's 247 lbs, which is very small for a 3 down DE in Spags system. Find me another guy who started and played all the snaps for Spags at that weight. I'm not talking about situational/rotational guys.

Ingram is more of a 3-4 OLB type physically. His best usage would not be on first down, and playing 50 snaps a game. He's not at that stage in his career.

You're confusing what you WANT to be true and what all of the evidence says IS true.

Still a good player, and would be a good signing, and can be a difference maker, but I think you rotate him out on early downs, short yardage, and early in games and use him on passing downs and especially late in games where he will be really effective.

nychief
03-20-2021, 09:58 AM
definition of brokedick.... but any rush is worth a shot.

gblowfish
03-20-2021, 09:59 AM
This guy has been a total pain in our ass for years. If he's healthy, pay him and plug him in. He can cover and rush the passer. Good player.

MTG#10
03-20-2021, 10:04 AM
Can he play tackle?

Lilmrp117
03-20-2021, 10:07 AM

He's proven he can play 3 downs in a different scheme with a different team. He hasn't proven he can play de in a 4-3. Do you not see the difference?

Maybe we can fit him in more than just situationally since we play nickel a lot, but that remains to be seen. What you are saying is proven is not proven.

Chief Roundup
03-20-2021, 10:13 AM
ROFL Holy shit.

Twice in his career, he has had 10 sacks. Justin Houston is much better.

Chief Roundup
03-20-2021, 10:14 AM
When healthy Bosa is better.

The Franchise
03-20-2021, 10:15 AM
When healthy Bosa is better.

No one has said he’s better than Bosa.

louie aguiar
03-20-2021, 10:16 AM
This guy has been a total pain in our ass for years. If he's healthy, pay him and plug him in. He can cover and rush the passer. Good player.

Agreed. He always seems to make plays against us. This would be a double win since you add him to the chiefs and take him away from the chargers.

Chief Roundup
03-20-2021, 10:17 AM
No one has said he’s better than Bosa.

I didn't say anyone had. I was responding to someone else's post.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-20-2021, 10:28 AM
Pass.

Chief Northman
03-20-2021, 10:31 AM
Can’t hurt.

KPass, Okafor and D. Wilson all need replacing. Getting Taco back and an experienced vet like Ingram are great for depth. I fully expect an Edge player to be selected early by KC in the draft.

Easy 6
03-20-2021, 10:35 AM
Can’t hurt.

KPass, Okafor and D. Wilson all need replacing. Getting Taco back and an experienced vet like Ingram are great for depth. I fully expect an Edge player to be selected early by KC in the draft.

Theres just no way around it, we need pass rush help

When Clark and Jones get doubled up, we don't have anyone who can consistently take advantage of that... no one you mention has proven capable of it, nor has Danna

JakeF
03-20-2021, 10:51 AM
We don't have anyone to play opposite of Clark. Ingram is a solid guy who is a good pass rusher when healthy.

As long as the money isn't huge.

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 10:52 AM
He's had injury problems and declining production, and he's over 30. There's nothing speculative about that.

He's 247 lbs, which is very small for a 3 down DE in Spags system. Find me another guy who started and played all the snaps for Spags at that weight. I'm not talking about situational/rotational guys.

Ingram is more of a 3-4 OLB type physically. His best usage would not be on first down, and playing 50 snaps a game. He's not at that stage in his career.

You're confusing what you WANT to be true and what all of the evidence says IS true.

Still a good player, and would be a good signing, and can be a difference maker, but I think you rotate him out on early downs, short yardage, and early in games and use him on passing downs and especially late in games where he will be really effective.

Declining production? Last year he was injured for the majority of the season so that is not really a clear indication that he's slowing down. Before that he had four years of getting seven or more sacks. And as others have pointed out we play a ton of nickle so imo that undermines your argument when it pertains to the scheme and what Spags has done in the past with guys of Ingram's size. He doesn't need to play 50 snaps...but just reducing him to a pass rusher only is naive imo. As much as you'd like to ignore it the run d must be improved this year if this team plans to progress.

The Franchise
03-20-2021, 11:03 AM
Maybe you sign a guy like Ingram and draft a bigger DE like Basham. On obvious passing downs you can move Basham inside and put Ingram on the edge.

smithandrew051
03-20-2021, 11:07 AM
Maybe you sign a guy like Ingram and draft a bigger DE like Basham. On obvious passing downs you can move Basham inside and put Ingram on the edge.

If you aren’t going to have a great player opposite Clark, we might as well load up on several solid players.

Danna, Taco, Ingram. Might as well have several competent bodies to go with a draft pick or two.

Bowser
03-20-2021, 11:09 AM
I'm perfectly fine with this, and every Chiefs fan should be as well.

Chiefspants
03-20-2021, 11:19 AM
Worried about this dude’s knee. Justin Houston has actually been the far better player over the last two seasons (but may be more expensive/not want a reunion).

TEX
03-20-2021, 11:44 AM
I'm perfectly fine with this, and every Chiefs fan should be as well.

Im not. His game has really tailed off. Plus he's often injured.

TEX
03-20-2021, 11:46 AM
If you aren’t going to have a great player opposite Clark, we might as well load up on several solid players.

Danna, Taco, Ingram. Might as well have several competent bodies to go with a draft pick or two.

Well, this makes sense.

TEX
03-20-2021, 11:47 AM
Declining production? Last year he was injured for the majority of the season so that is not really a clear indication that he's slowing down. Before that he had four years of getting seven or more sacks. And as others have pointed out we play a ton of nickle so imo that undermines your argument when it pertains to the scheme and what Spags has done in the past with guys of Ingram's size. He doesn't need to play 50 snaps...but just reducing him to a pass rusher only is naive imo. As much as you'd like to ignore it the run d must be improved this year if this team plans to progress.

Injurirs are part of declining production, especially over 30.

ForeverIowan
03-20-2021, 11:51 AM
Clark, Jones, Wharton, Ingram on clear passing downs to pin their ears back and get after the passer. Hell yes!

pugsnotdrugs19
03-20-2021, 12:00 PM
Melvin Ingram Top 100 video from 2019: https://youtu.be/9A-ACYcR7sk

2018: https://youtu.be/MD-rXGBilgA

Gets a sack over Mitch in both. Dude definitely has some swagger about him.

JakeF
03-20-2021, 12:01 PM
Im not. His game has really tailed off. Plus he's often injured.I don't know about this. The 2020 season just sucked for him.

He had a serious knee injury last year and missed 9 games. He missed 3 games in 2019. That's it since 2014. Ingram had 42 sacks during the 2014 - 2019 seasons.

Ingram re-injured his knee last year so the chargers put him on IR a 2nd time. You can't bring a player back from IR more than once so Ingram spent the rest of the season not playing. That helps us(if we sign him) because he got extra time to heal last year.

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 12:01 PM
Injurirs are part of declining production, especially over 30.

A freak injury one year shouldn't define a players current abilities imo. Houston was written off the same way by Chiefs fans and yet he's had two injury free years and 19 sacks since he left.

Chris Meck
03-20-2021, 12:05 PM
A freak injury one year shouldn't define a players current abilities imo. Houston was written off the same way by Chiefs fans and yet he's had two injury free years and 19 sacks since he left.

nobody's saying it does.

Post 30 year old, 247 pound guys coming off a knee injury probably shouldn't be asked to play strong-side defensive end every snap.

As a rotational player on a reasonable deal, he's a great pick-up.

4 and a half stars, would sign again.

kccrow
03-20-2021, 12:06 PM
Well... I'm not thrilled. There was a time when I would have been but he looked like shit last year before the injury.

I'd rather have Vernon at this point. I guess though, these are the only 2 guys left really. One can hope Ingram returns to form.

OKchiefs
03-20-2021, 12:08 PM
Well... I'm not thrilled. There was a time when I would have been but he looked like shit last year before the injury.

I'd rather have Vernon at this point. I guess though, these are the only 2 guys left really. One can hope Ingram returns to form.

Didn’t Vernon tear his achilles late in the year?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-20-2021, 12:09 PM
A solid 74 rating on PFF

kcgreene
03-20-2021, 12:10 PM

Yep. Week 17 I believe.

kccrow
03-20-2021, 12:16 PM

Ah yes, fuck I forgot that even happened. Well hey, lets sign all the broke dicks wtf.

Chargem
03-20-2021, 12:18 PM
Ah yes, fuck I forgot that even happened. Well hey, lets sign all the broke dicks wtf.

I think Dunlap is still available

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 12:28 PM
nobody's saying it does.

Post 30 year old, 247 pound guys coming off a knee injury probably shouldn't be asked to play strong-side defensive end every snap.

As a rotational player on a reasonable deal, he's a great pick-up.

4 and a half stars, would sign again.

We'll see how Spags uses him but I simply disagree with you just like I did over the running back sitiation last offseason and we all know how that turned out :D

TEX
03-20-2021, 12:38 PM

Naw, that's where your wrong. A player isn't on the decline, until the decline starts. Many times, it's because of an injury, especially when said player is over 30, like Ingram...Houston was written off because he was given the big contract and was anything but a leader afterwards, even when healthy. Funny that you mentioned Houston, as I'd rather have him over Ingram. I'd prefer Clowney over both, if the price was right.

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 12:44 PM
Naw, that's where your wrong. A player isn't on the decline, until the decline starts. Many times, it's because of an injury, especially when said player is over 30, like Ingram...Houston was written off because he was given the big contract and was anything but a leader afterwards, even when healthy.

Er Houston had injury problems the last two years he was here..then he left and done great with no injury problems. So your theory simply didn't add up when it came to Houston and I see no reason why Ingram cannot do the same thing.

kccrow
03-20-2021, 12:45 PM
We'll see how Spags uses him but I simply disagree with you just like I did over the running back sitiation last offseason and we all know how that turned out :D

It turned out to be a terrible use of draft resources by Veach. Let's do it again!

Bowser
03-20-2021, 12:46 PM
Im not. His game has really tailed off. Plus he's often injured.

We're not giving him Frank Clark money, and his snaps will be limited. Fantastic complimentary piece on pass rush downs.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-20-2021, 12:48 PM
It turned out to be a terrible use of draft resources by Veach. Let's do it again!

That’s awfully premature.

TEX
03-20-2021, 12:50 PM
Er Houston had injury problems the last two years he was here..then he left and done great with no injury problems. So your theory simply didn't add up when it came to Houston and I see no reason why Ingram cannot do the same thing.

It does add up. Houston was milking KC and wasn't playing hard. He had "something to prove" in Indy. Even then, his stats have declined from his first year in Indy to his second year, right? He is also NOWHERE NEAR the player he was before the injury. Right? He is over 30, right? Ingram might play OK after his injury, but I bet it's also the beginning of his decline. Anyway, if KC signs him, one of us will get to say,"I told you so." I hope it's you.

JakeF
03-20-2021, 12:51 PM
Melvin Ingram and Aldon Smith would add talent and depth to our DE position without costing a ton.

TEX
03-20-2021, 12:51 PM
We're not giving him Frank Clark money, and his snaps will be limited. Fantastic complimentary piece on pass rush downs.

Might be, in that type of a situation.

cabletech94
03-20-2021, 12:53 PM
DONT LET MELVIN LEAVE TOWN, CLARRRRRRK!!!!!

MahomesMagic
03-20-2021, 12:56 PM
I think Dunlap is still available

I would too. He might be asking for too much money. If he lowers his price sign me up.

UChieffyBugger
03-20-2021, 12:59 PM
It does add up. Houston was milking KC and wasn't playing hard. He had "something to prove" in Indy. Even then, his stats have declined from his first year in Indy to his second year, right? He is also NOWHERE NEAR the player he was before the injury. Right? He is over 30, right? Ingram might play OK after his injury, but I bet it's also the beginning of his decline. Anyway, if KC signs him, one of us will get to say,"I told you so." I hope it's you.

Declined? 11 sacks for a team lead by a garbage qb to 8 sacks in a team that went to the playoffs is hardly bad is it? :evil: the fact is he had injury issues and was 30 when he left and then ge turned it all around in Indy. Last season was a one off for Ingram injury and stats wise so that's why it's not impossible for him to have a big year in KC if he signs imo.

ntexascardfan
03-20-2021, 01:04 PM
If we're not going to get one of the tackles we targeted in FA, then we need to get a pass rusher in FA. We can't go into the draft needing to find an edge and a LT.

Willie Lanier
03-20-2021, 01:17 PM
Why don't we just bring Justin Houston home?

Iconic
03-20-2021, 01:41 PM
Lol it would be fucking dope to see Houston come back on a discount to try and win a ring with us

GayFrogs
03-20-2021, 01:56 PM
I remember Houston being washed up by about 2016

The Franchise
03-20-2021, 02:07 PM
I remember Houston being washed up by about 2016

37.5 sacks in 4 years is washed up?

notorious
03-20-2021, 02:47 PM
Houston disappeared in big games.

Ingram has never played in one.

kccrow
03-20-2021, 03:38 PM
That’s awfully premature.

Is it? He sure didn't look like the 2nd coming of Marshall Faulk, much less any of the other backs he's been compared to. The continued case for not using 1st round picks on fucking RBs.

I love a good RB and would take one in round 3, maybe even 2 if he looks special, but you sure as fuck don't waste a 1st on a RB ever. I get that teams do, but I'd consider it an especially stupid move.

I've tried to defend the pick to some extent in the past because of the level the offense was at and what a good RB could have done for the team. It proved to be a bad thought process and I should have stuck to my guns. You just don't get appreciably better production out of a 1st round RB as you do a later-round RB.

MTG#10
03-20-2021, 03:41 PM
Is it? He sure didn't look like the 2nd coming of Marshall Faulk, much less any of the other backs he's been compared to. The continued case for not using 1st round picks on ****ing RBs.

I love a good RB and would take one in round 3, maybe even 2 if he looks special, but you sure as **** don't waste a 1st on a RB ever. I get that teams do, but I'd consider it an especially stupid move.

I've tried to defend the pick to some extent in the past because of the level the offense was at and what a good RB could have done for the team. It proved to be a bad thought process and I should have stuck to my guns. You just don't get appreciably better production out of a 1st round RB as you do a later-round RB.
He was basically a 2nd round RB, its not like he was taken in the top 20. He also had one of the worst run-blocking lines the league and a coach notorious for ignoring the running game. He'll be fine.

tyreekthefreak
03-20-2021, 03:58 PM
Why don't we just bring Justin Houston home?

Houston had lost the fire! That's why he was let go. No way they bring him back!

Dante84
03-20-2021, 03:59 PM

Great, so he’s complementary to Frank Clark then. I like it even more!

Titty Meat
03-20-2021, 04:15 PM
Houston had lost the fire! That's why he was let go. No way they bring him back!

That's why he had 19 sacks in 2 years in Indy?

Skyy God
03-20-2021, 04:30 PM
Why don’t we sign Houston and Berry to give the defense AIDS??

Easy 6
03-20-2021, 04:49 PM

Ingram has never played in one.

I was thinking EXACTLY this about Houston earlier today, yeah sure he usually feasted during game X... but when it counted he always pulled a Houdini

FRCDFED
03-20-2021, 04:53 PM
Is it? He sure didn't look like the 2nd coming of Marshall Faulk, much less any of the other backs he's been compared to. The continued case for not using 1st round picks on ****ing RBs.

I love a good RB and would take one in round 3, maybe even 2 if he looks special, but you sure as **** don't waste a 1st on a RB ever. I get that teams do, but I'd consider it an especially stupid move.

I agree with kccrow. Even at the time I didn't see what everyone (I don't mean that literally) saw in an undersized RB. I'm not completely against taking a RB in the first but sometimes players just need to play and leave the roster decisions up to Veach. I definitely would've preferred one of the larger RBs that had comparable or higher production in college.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-20-2021, 04:54 PM

I think what he did running behind a pretty shitty offensive line was admirable at times. He clearly was creating the majority of his yardage, or half of it.

I was thoroughly disappointed in his pass game usage but I can’t fault him for that. For whatever reason, Andy didn’t use him like I thought they drafted him specifically for. Maybe it was the lack of an offseason. Idk, it has to change.

Point being, I think the best is in the near future for CEH, by far.

staylor26
03-20-2021, 04:54 PM
I agree with kccrow. Even at the time I didn't see what everyone (I don't mean that literally) saw in an undersized RB. I'm not completely against taking a RB in the first but sometimes players just need to play and leave the roster decisions up to Veach. I definitely would've preferred one of the larger RBs that had comparable or higher production in college.

1. Size is not even remotely an issue with CEH.

2. Mahomes didn’t make the pick. Veach did. You can’t possibly believe otherwise. That’s silly.

3. CEH was and still is the best fit for the Chiefs out of all the RB’s. We haven’t even gotten him involved in the passing game yet, so it doesn’t surprise me that people are disappointed. That will change.

Chiefshrink
03-20-2021, 05:32 PM

Spags can use any talented player, I totally concur.:thumb:

Chiefshrink
03-20-2021, 05:33 PM

2. Mahomes didn’t make the pick. Veach did. You can’t possibly believe otherwise. That’s silly.

3. CEH was and still is the best fit for the Chiefs out of all the RB’s. We haven’t even gotten him involved in the passing game yet, so it doesn’t surprise me that people are disappointed. That will change.

I agree thoroughly and you fix our o-line and you will see why we picked him in the 1st.;)

tyreekthefreak
03-20-2021, 05:37 PM
That's why he had 19 sacks in 2 years in Indy?

He lost the fire in KC! We all saw it. Two years ago nobody was sad to see him leave. Now some want him back thinking the outcome will be different!!!!

tyecopeland
03-20-2021, 05:39 PM

CEH averaged 4.4 ypc. Damien averaged 4.5 the year before but remember all the people posting about how his long runs didnt count. CEH did 4.4 without any run longer than 31.

htismaqe
03-20-2021, 05:40 PM
CEH is undersized?

ROFL ROFL ROFL

staylor26
03-20-2021, 05:52 PM
CEH averaged 4.4 ypc. Damien averaged 4.5 the year before but remember all the people posting about how his long runs didnt count. CEH did 4.4 without any run longer than 31.

One guy was playing behind a relatively healthy OL and the other was playing behind a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Not to mention CEH probably had more rushing yards than Williams has ever had in a season.

But totally fair comparison!

tyecopeland
03-20-2021, 06:04 PM
One guy was playing behind a relatively healthy OL and the other was playing behind a bunch of 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Not to mention CEH probably had more rushing yards than Williams has ever had in a season.

I was agreeing with you. Reread my post.

staylor26
03-20-2021, 06:08 PM
I was agreeing with you. Reread my post.

Sorry I misunderstood your point. My apologies.

tyecopeland
03-20-2021, 06:20 PM
Sorry I misunderstood your point. My apologies.

it's ok. I had meant to include something about the o line anyway to further help clarify.

I would disagree that we didnt involve him in the passing game though. He got more than 50 targets in 13 games. Maybe he will run more advanced routes this next year but he was already involved.

staylor26
03-20-2021, 06:40 PM
it's ok. I had meant to include something about the o line anyway to further help clarify.

I would disagree that we didnt involve him in the passing game though. He got more than 50 targets in 13 games. Maybe he will run more advanced routes this next year but he was already involved.

I shouldn’t have said they didn’t involve him in the passing game, but that they didn’t to the level that I, or many, expected. I think part of that is because he went off the field on 3rd down so often due to pass blocking.

I fully expect him to be used more in the passing game next year.

Wisconsin_Chief
03-20-2021, 08:39 PM
Ingram is twice the player of Tanoh and Okafor if healthy.

Sign him up.

Willie Lanier
03-21-2021, 12:57 AM
You guys can fight me all you want on the Justin Houston issue; I still like the guy and don't think he's washed up. Melvin Ingram would be a great contingency plan, but it's not my first choice

Chargem
03-21-2021, 03:23 AM
You guys can fight me all you want on the Justin Houston issue; I still like the guy and don't think he's washed up. Melvin Ingram would be a great contingency plan, but it's not my first choice

I'd be fine with Houston, if it was for a sensible deal

Willie Lanier
03-21-2021, 04:54 AM
I'd be fine with Houston, if it was for a sensible deal

Agreed

BlackOp
03-21-2021, 05:26 AM
I was thoroughly disappointed in his pass game usage but I can’t fault him for that. For whatever reason, Andy didn’t use him like I thought they drafted him specifically for. Maybe it was the lack of an offseason. Idk, it has to change.

Clyde was open a LOT..Mahomes doesn't like to utilize his RBs in the passing game...he's always pressing the ball down field.

Your criticism should be pointed at Mahomes...CEH could have had 200-300 more all-purpose yards last year...but would that have taken away from longer plays that happened?

Skyy God
03-21-2021, 07:33 AM

Yeah, but what’s going to be his sack to locker room cancer stages ratio??

O.city
03-21-2021, 07:39 AM
I’d sign Ingram and Houston

Sign some corners and safeties and just load up the defense in free agency

Hit the offense in the draft

-King-
03-21-2021, 08:11 AM
Much much much rather have Dunlap or Houston. Ingram is to small to play DE here and is coming off a season where he had 0 sacks and was put on IR twice.

O.city
03-21-2021, 08:13 AM
Much much much rather have Dunlap or Houston. Ingram is to small to play DE here and is coming off a season where he had 0 sacks and was put on IR twice.

He’s versatile and can play all over the dl, where as the other two are more de only kinda guys I’d think.

I’d rather have Houston but he’s probably more pricey and that bridge is likely burned

-King-
03-21-2021, 08:17 AM
He’s versatile and can play all over the dl, where as the other two are more de only kinda guys I’d think.

I’d rather have Houston but he’s probably more pricey and that bridge is likely burned

What do you mean can play all over the DL?

O.city
03-21-2021, 08:19 AM
What do you mean can play all over the DL?

Stand up, kick inside on some 3rd downs, etc

Just seems more versatile. Or atleast he was. May have lost that now

RunKC
03-21-2021, 08:21 AM

That’s why they’re having him in for a visit. The good thing is he didn’t appear to have a major knee injury as he came back. To my knowledge he didn’t have surgery. Feel much better about those guys than the ones who blew their knee out.

I like Ingram bc he can play anywhere on the line and even drop in space to cover on fake blitz designs. He’s really versatile and a lot stronger than people know.

Surprised you don’t remember that guy giving us trouble in week 2 last year.

-King-
03-21-2021, 08:25 AM
Stand up, kick inside on some 3rd downs, etc

Just seems more versatile. Or atleast he was. May have lost that now
Why can't Houston stand up or play inside? He's way more equipped to play there than Ingram. And he got his 22 sack season playing standup OLB.

Coogs
03-21-2021, 08:26 AM
I’d sign Ingram and Houston

Sign some corners and safeties and just load up the defense in free agency

Hit the offense in the draft

I like this plan.

O.city
03-21-2021, 08:26 AM
Why can't Houston stand up or play inside? He's way more equipped to play there than Ingram. And he got his 22 sack season playing standup OLB.

He can.

He’s not gonna come back to kc so I’m not sure why we’re talking about it

scho63
03-21-2021, 08:30 AM
Remember when we had broke dick QBs and NO ONE came for a visit during FA?

I called this once we drafted Mahomes that he would attract FA's for us like never before.

-King-
03-21-2021, 08:31 AM
That’s why they’re having him in for a visit. The good thing is he didn’t appear to have a major knee injury as he came back. To my knowledge he didn’t have surgery. Feel much better about those guys than the ones who blew their knee out.

I like Ingram bc he can play anywhere on the line and even drop in space to cover on fake blitz designs. He’s really versatile and a lot stronger than people know.

Surprised you don’t remember that guy giving us trouble in week 2 last year.

If they signed him, that would be fine. I wouldn't be upset. But I do think that Houston and Dunlap are much better fits and much more productive players.

Sure-Oz
03-21-2021, 08:32 AM
Yes if he's healthy sign him.

staylor26
03-21-2021, 09:00 AM
If they signed him, that would be fine. I wouldn't be upset. But I do think that Houston and Dunlap are much better fits and much more productive players.

Justin Houston isn’t coming back here. I don’t know why you can’t get that through your head.

-King-
03-21-2021, 09:01 AM
Justin Houston isn’t coming back here. I don’t know why you can’t get that through your head.

I'm stubborn maybe.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-21-2021, 09:23 AM
Was scanning through Ingram’s Instagram earlier to see what he’s up to and he looks healthy.

Between he, Clark, and Taco you have some legitimate edge rushers there. I’d keep trying to add to the arsenal but it’s way better than what we finished the season with.

KCUnited
03-21-2021, 09:49 AM
We know Houston can play corner in dime situations as well

Easy 6
03-21-2021, 09:57 AM
We know Houston can play corner in dime situations as well

LOL, yep... Grampa Bobs genius scheming proved that

ThyKingdomCome15
03-21-2021, 11:38 AM
Clyde was open a LOT..Mahomes doesn't like to utilize his RBs in the passing game...he's always pressing the ball down field.

Your criticism should be pointed at Mahomes...CEH could have had 200-300 more all-purpose yards last year...but would that have taken away from longer plays that happened?

Yeah, Mahomes needs to swallow his pride and take some notes from Captain Check Down, Tom Brady. Mahomes is still growing as a player. It's easy to forget he's 25 and has only a few seasons as a starter under his belt. Hitting shifty RB's being in the flats repeatedly is very deflating for a defense.

In58men
03-21-2021, 11:42 AM
Yeah, Mahomes needs to swallow his pride and take some notes from Captain Check Down, Tom Brady. Mahomes is still growing as a player. It's easy to forget he's 25 and has only a few seasons as a starter under his belt. Hitting shifty RB's being in the flats repeatedly is very deflating for a defense.

He could be a little sketchy, I think in one game he got CEH killed. Didn’t see the defender and he just trucked him. I’m sure he doesn’t want to get our 1st round RB hurt by making a terrible throw. It’s understandable, he’ll work on it.

Chargem
03-21-2021, 11:42 AM
Remember when we had broke dick QBs and NO ONE came for a visit during FA?

I called this once we drafted Mahomes that he would attract FA's for us like never before.

You say that in the week that Trent Williams turned the Chiefs down despite a personal recruitment effort by Patrick, and JuJu turning down the Chiefs to play for the Steelers for less money.

It's probably better than it was, but I don't think we're seeing any "ring chaser" effect on free agency yet. We will have to prove we are a dynasty for that.

Dunlap is my preferred option, I assume he would cost more than Ingram though.

TRR
03-21-2021, 12:35 PM
You say that in the week that Trent Williams turned the Chiefs down despite a personal recruitment effort by Patrick, and JuJu turning down the Chiefs to play for the Steelers for less money.

It's probably better than it was, but I don't think we're seeing any "ring chaser" effect on free agency yet. We will have to prove we are a dynasty for that.

Dunlap is my preferred option, I assume he would cost more than Ingram though.

Hard to compare this year with the cap number being lower. But I would disagree that we aren’t seeing a positive effect from Mahomes/ring chaser effect. LeSean McCoy, LeVeon Bell, Terrell Suggs, Stefen Wisniewski were all signs of that. Kyle Long to a degree as well this offseason. You also saw it with all the one year deals players took last year to stay together. I think the question is...have these types of signings worked out in KC’s favor?

Pitt Gorilla
03-21-2021, 07:30 PM
Wonder when we'll hear about Ingram.

Titty Meat
03-21-2021, 07:33 PM
Wonder when we'll hear about Ingram.

Tuesday when he visits

scho63
03-21-2021, 07:34 PM

Both guys stayed put. That means shit to me.
It's the guys that switch teams that count.

-King-
03-21-2021, 07:34 PM
Hard to compare this year with the cap number being lower. But I would disagree that we aren’t seeing a positive effect from Mahomes/ring chaser effect. LeSean McCoy, LeVeon Bell, Terrell Suggs, Stefen Wisniewski were all signs of that. Kyle Long to a degree as well this offseason. You also saw it with all the one year deals players took last year to stay together. I think the question is...have these types of signings worked out in KC’s favor?

That's ...a terrible list lmao. Especially when the best player by far is a player we got off waivers and not a player who chose us.

DaneMcCloud
03-21-2021, 07:43 PM
That's ...a terrible list lmao. Especially when the best player by far is a player we got off waivers and not a player who chose us.

Yes, it is a terrible list of broke dicks.

Suggs had to be convinced by the Chiefs top brass to play for KC after being claimed off of waivers.

Pitt Gorilla
03-21-2021, 08:03 PM
Tuesday when he visits

Sorry, I meant after that. How many visits is he taking?

Titty Meat
03-21-2021, 08:10 PM

Hopefully he doesnt leave here

mlyonsd
03-21-2021, 08:12 PM
Maybe he doesn't want to miss any March Madness.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-21-2021, 11:11 PM
Looks like the price wasn't right for Ingram.

htismaqe
03-21-2021, 11:13 PM

He isn't even visiting until Tuesday.

The Franchise
03-21-2021, 11:17 PM

Looks like you need to learn to read.

thabear04
03-21-2021, 11:18 PM
Was scanning through Ingram’s Instagram earlier to see what he’s up to and he looks healthy.

Between he, Clark, and Taco you have some legitimate edge rushers there. I’d keep trying to add to the arsenal but it’s way better than what we finished the season with.

Don’t forget Mike Danna he was great coming in.

BryanBusby
03-21-2021, 11:19 PM
He isn't even visiting until Tuesday.
Lmao

Fucking Bart why did you not sign this POS before he ever got on the plane??????

rabblerouser
03-22-2021, 05:10 AM

Fuck, with Wylie up there, I bet CEH got first defensive contact at least 3 yards deep, more often than not...

rabblerouser
03-22-2021, 05:11 AM
I'm stubborn maybe.

And definitely stupid.

it's a bad combination.

PHOG
03-22-2021, 07:23 AM
Lmao

****ing Bart why did you not sign this POS before he ever got on the plane??????

Bart Vatch is DEFINITELY slipping! :)

htismaqe
03-22-2021, 07:28 AM
Fuck, with Wylie up there, I bet CEH got first defensive contact at least 3 yards deep, more often than not...

At one point, CEH was leading the league in yards after contact while having one of the lowest yards before contact in the league.

ChiefBlueCFC
03-22-2021, 08:57 AM
Did we sign this pos yet

htismaqe
03-22-2021, 08:58 AM
Did we sign this pos yet

He's visiting TOMORROW.

:D

InChiefsHeaven
03-22-2021, 04:19 PM
He's visiting TOMORROW.

:D

SO??? IF BERT VATCH WAS WORTH A SOGGY BOOGER HE'D HAVE SIGNED THIS FUCKER ON THE PHONE!!

TIME TO FIND ANOTHER GM!!!!!!!!!!:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

New World Order
03-22-2021, 04:35 PM
I want Williams, Ingram and Hilton.

THAT would be a pretty good offseason

BossChief
03-22-2021, 04:40 PM

I’ll take Ingram, but he’s not one of my first 2 choices at DE. He’s smaller, isn’t good in the run defense scheme snd I have a hard time feeling like he will be super motivated to kill it in KC.

Mr. Kotter
03-23-2021, 11:52 AM
Well...anything at all, yet? Surely, the local sports show hosts have been watching it...no?

htismaqe
03-23-2021, 11:55 AM
Well...anything at all, yet? Surely, the local sports show hosts have been watching it...no?

Logistics issues. Won't be in KC until tomorrow now.

Mr. Kotter
03-23-2021, 11:56 AM

Gotcha, thanks.

htismaqe
03-23-2021, 11:58 AM
I’ll take Ingram, but he’s not one of my first 2 choices at DE. He’s smaller, isn’t good in the run defense scheme snd I have a hard time feeling like he will be super motivated to kill it in KC.

Hopefully he can keep himself healthy. The last thing we need is him and Taco Charlton fighting over the ice bath.

The Franchise
03-23-2021, 12:00 PM
Hopefully he can keep himself healthy. The last thing we need is him and Taco Charlton fighting over the ice bath.

Sammy Watkins leaving freed up a spot.

ptlyon
03-23-2021, 12:02 PM

Must not be any massage parlor openings

htismaqe
03-23-2021, 12:03 PM
Sammy Watkins leaving freed up a spot.

I think Sammy had one just for himself.

ModSocks
03-23-2021, 02:17 PM

I'll take Ingram.

Williams doesn't excite me much as i believe we already have good candidates on the roster, and i don't think Hilton, another small receiver, brings anything to the offense that we don't already have.

MahomesMagic
03-23-2021, 02:20 PM
I'll take Ingram.

Williams doesn't excite me much as i believe we already have good candidates on the roster, and i don't think Hilton, another small receiver, brings anything to the offense that we don't already have.

Hilton doesn't bring anything that we don't have?!

He automatically moves ahead of Hardman and Pringle.

ModSocks
03-23-2021, 02:22 PM
Hilton doesn't bring anything that we don't have?!

He automatically moves ahead of Hardman and Pringle.

He's another small framed speedster. Hardman already does that. Pringle can do that already.

I think the Chiefs want something more Watkins like. Like Conley was. Or Pringle even. Someone with some size to beat press coverage.

duncan_idaho
03-23-2021, 02:37 PM
Hilton is a small-framed speedy guy, yes. But he also is physical and handles contact a lot better than a guy like Hardman.

He still has some wiggle and speed left, but he's become more of a crafty technician than I realized (his recent highlights show a lot of that). He wins through contact to get open, he works the middle well, he has a lot of subtle little tricks.

He definitely offers something. And wouldn't be the worst guy in the world to have around guys who are similar now to what he was when he was young.

Chief Roundup
03-23-2021, 02:38 PM
He's another small framed speedster. Hardman already does that. Pringle can do that already.

I think the Chiefs want something more Watkins like. Like Conley was. Or Pringle even. Someone with some size to beat press coverage.

Do they want someone who sucked? That is what Conley was. Conley was a 50/50 jump ball type that could not improve the rest of his game. He is not the type that they want. He went to Jacksonville and has sucked over there also. They would probably give him back for a bag of dicks.

Titty Meat
03-23-2021, 02:42 PM
Do they want someone who sucked? That is what Conley was. Conley was a 50/50 jump ball type that could not improve the rest of his game. He is not the type that they want. He went to Jacksonville and has sucked over there also. They would probably give him back for a bag of dicks.

Conley was a free agwnt this year and signed with Houston yesterday

ModSocks
03-23-2021, 02:46 PM

Im not saying they want specifically Conley, but i bet they want a guy with some size. Reid has always liked a blend of size and speed in his receiving group. When i say a receiver like Conley, i mean in comparative SPARQ.

DaneMcCloud
03-23-2021, 02:52 PM

Chris Conley signed a 2 year, $4.5 million dollar deal with the Jaguars after the 2018 season. During that time, he had 1,246 yards and 7 TD's, all the while playing with multiple shitty QB's.

Contrast that to Sammy Watkins, who was paid more than $40 million by the Chiefs and had 1,613 yards and 8 TD's over 3 years, while playing with Patrick Mahomes.

If you think that Conley "sucks", what does that say about Watkins?

Chief Roundup
03-23-2021, 03:01 PM
Chris Conley signed a 2 year, $4.5 million dollar deal with the Jaguars after the 2018 season. During that time, he had 1,246 yards and 7 TD's, all the while playing with multiple shitty QB's.

Contrast that to Sammy Watkins, who was paid more than $40 million by the Chiefs and had 1,613 yards and 8 TD's over 3 years, while playing with Patrick Mahomes.

If you think that Conley "sucks", what does that say about Watkins?

Watkins has been limited by injury. Conley was targrt 90 times in his first season with Jags and caught 47 balls. He is healthy and puts up worse stats than Watkins.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

DaneMcCloud
03-23-2021, 03:13 PM
Watkins has been limited by injury. Conley was targrt 90 times in his first season with Jags and caught 47 balls. He is healthy and puts up worse stats than Watkins.

Except that's a fantasy, not reality.

poolboy
03-23-2021, 03:40 PM
I would love a consistent wr2.....
Tyreek and Kelce combined...375 targets
Hardman 60
Pat had 580 attempts....leaves a bunch of t's available

JakeF
03-23-2021, 03:47 PM
I would love a consistent wr2.....
Tyreek and Kelce combined...375 targets
Hardman 60
Pat had 580 attempts....leaves a bunch of t's availableYea, another good WR will help a lot. Remember when Watkins stayed healthy for half a season? Our offense was practically unstoppable with that extra target.

Our Oline is still a mess but another WR and more pass rushers will help us a lot too.

crispystl
03-23-2021, 04:06 PM
Yea, another good WR will help a lot. Remember when Watkins stayed healthy for half a season? Our offense was practically unstoppable with that extra target.

Our Oline is still a mess but another WR and more pass rushers will help us a lot too.

Yeah it just clicks along at another level with that 3rd/4th viable option.

TEX
03-23-2021, 04:10 PM
Yeah it just clicks along at another level with that 3rd/4th viable option.

Yep. The year they were unstoppable was when they had Watkins and Kareem Hunt as viable receiving threats.

ThyKingdomCome15
03-23-2021, 05:54 PM
Ingram visits tomorrow. After our initial whiffs he's looking better and better.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chiefswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/23/kansas-city-chiefs-2021-free-agency-de-melvin-ingram-visit-delayed-by-a-day/amp/

KChiefs1
03-24-2021, 06:41 AM
Have we signed this pos yet?

htismaqe
03-24-2021, 09:04 AM
Watkins has been limited by injury.

No more needs to be said.

The #1 ability that matters is availability.

Any further discussion of Watkins is useless because he can't stay on the field.

arrwheader
03-24-2021, 09:05 AM
Can we stop bumping this thread with WR talk.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

In58men
03-24-2021, 02:09 PM
The Melvin Ingram visit to the #Chiefs ends without a deal, as they two sides could not yet come to terms.

Per Ian

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Bowser
03-24-2021, 02:11 PM
The Melvin Ingram visit to the #Chiefs ends without a deal, as they two sides could not yet come to terms.

Per Ian

ROFL ROFL ROFL

https://media.tenor.co/images/1768a9d6cd3eca522da26163eff9006f/raw

Doesn't Vortch know we need to sign all the things, immediately??

O.city
03-24-2021, 02:12 PM
What is happening.

BossChief
03-24-2021, 02:13 PM

Per Ian

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Another failed physical.

ModSocks

Per Ian

ROFL ROFL ROFL

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xz7_3n7xyDg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In58men
https://media.tenor.co/images/1768a9d6cd3eca522da26163eff9006f/raw

Doesn't Vortch know we need to sign all the things, immediately??

Something is definitely not right lol.

I’m tired of being optimistic.

staylor26
03-24-2021, 02:15 PM
Something is definitely not right lol.

I’m tired of being optimistic.

Oh you’ve been “optimistic”?

I’d hate to see fucking pessimistic then.

New World Order
03-24-2021, 02:15 PM
What a trash offseason so far

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-24-2021, 02:16 PM
Starting t to worry about Veach

In58men
03-24-2021, 02:16 PM
Oh you’ve been “optimistic”?

I’d hate to see ****ing pessimistic then.

Why you so pressed?

Is it because we can’t sign anyone?

staylor26
03-24-2021, 02:17 PM
Why you so pressed?

Is it because we can’t sign anyone?

Ironic. I’m obviously not the one pressed that we “can’t sign anyone”.

In58men
03-24-2021, 02:17 PM

Sounds like he’s getting arrogant.

In58men
03-24-2021, 02:18 PM
Ironic. I’m obviously not the one pressed that we “can’t sign anyone”.

Oh, I’m sure that’s a true statement.

staylor26
03-24-2021, 02:18 PM

Sounds like he’s getting arrogant.

But those of us calling out this fucking stupidity are being told that nobody is saying shit like this.

LMAO

In58men
03-24-2021, 02:19 PM
But those of us calling out this ****ing stupidity are being told that nobody is saying shit like this.

LMAO

You’re really upset about this.

BossChief
03-24-2021, 02:19 PM
What is happening.

Veach isn’t going to spend over what he sees as the right value for anyone. He does all of his homework and has no desperation. He’s going to let the right situation happen and trust his evals and be disciplined in his offers.

In58men
03-24-2021, 02:20 PM
Veach isn’t going to spend over what he sees as the right value for anyone. He does all of his homework and has no desperation. He’s going to let the right situation happen and trust his evals and be disciplined in his offers.

So we just go into the season with not much depth?

staylor26
03-24-2021, 02:20 PM

They aren’t done signing people you dumb motherfucker.

In58men
03-24-2021, 02:21 PM
They aren’t done signing people you dumb mother****er.

You sure about that?

JakeF
03-24-2021, 02:22 PM
They aren’t done signing people you dumb motherfucker. How do you know what they are going to do?

BossChief
03-24-2021, 02:24 PM

We’re a little over a week into the new league year. Be patient.

staylor26
03-24-2021, 02:26 PM
You sure about that?

How do you know what they are going to do?

This is what I’m talking about. It’s fucking March 24th and these idiots think the Chiefs not being done signing guys is arguable or even a question.

Holy shit you 2 are fucking retarded.

TribalElder
03-24-2021, 02:28 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Melvin Ingram visit to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> ends without a deal, as they two sides could not yet come to terms. <a href="https://t.co/Dp0PxxuXL1">https://t.co/Dp0PxxuXL1</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1374815531837063171?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love that we aren't in a panic and overpaying everyone

O.city
03-24-2021, 02:29 PM
Verderame says it was a good visit and Ingram wants to weigh his options.

The Franchise
03-24-2021, 02:29 PM

This. So far it seems like all of these guys want one year deals with bigger guarantees. We can’t afford that right now.

Toad
03-24-2021, 02:30 PM
What other options would he have to weigh?

RunKC
03-24-2021, 02:37 PM
Verderame says it was a good visit and Ingram wants to weigh his options.

That’s usually not a good thing

Bowser
03-24-2021, 02:39 PM
What other options would he have to weigh?

A couple million more to live on South Beach (or something similar), most likely.

Bowser
03-24-2021, 02:39 PM
This. So far it seems like all of these guys want one year deals with bigger guarantees. We can’t afford that right now.

All these free agents are hedging their bets and chasing one year deals in an attempt to get bigger numbers when the cap explodes in a couple of years.

smithandrew051
03-24-2021, 02:40 PM
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Melvin Ingram visit to the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Chiefs</a> ends without a deal, as they two sides could not yet come to terms. <a href="https://t.co/Dp0PxxuXL1">https://t.co/Dp0PxxuXL1</a></p>&mdash; Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) <a href="https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1374815531837063171?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 24, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I love that we aren't in a panic and overpaying everyone

On the other hand, I’ve heard of this player so I will be pissed if we don’t sign him

-King-
03-24-2021, 02:46 PM
I really thought we'd sign him today. Welp.

Try to get Dunlap or Houston I guess.

AdolfOliverBush
As if the season hinges on signing this dummy. LMAO

Gravedigger
Losses are piling up at this point.

Red Dawg
03-24-2021, 02:47 PM
Anyone leaving here without a deal wants big money. We don't have it.

louie aguiar
03-24-2021, 02:48 PM
It looks like we'll be shopping from the bargain bin

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-24-2021, 02:49 PM
Anyone leaving here without a deal wants big money. We don't have it.

Impossible!! We tried signing Williams who wanted 23 mil

staylor26
03-24-2021, 02:51 PM
Impossible!! We tried signing Williams who wanted 23 mil

There’s a difference between 1 year deals and long term, especially when you’re dealing with a reduced cap.

BossChief
03-24-2021, 02:54 PM
Tons of good FAs still out there and the draft aligns perfectly with our current needs.

smithandrew051
03-24-2021, 02:56 PM
Is there a limit to how much cap space we can roll to next year?

Unless we pull off a trade, it might make more sense to save the money for better free agents next year.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-24-2021, 02:57 PM
Is there a limit to how much cap space we can roll to next year?

Unless we pull off a trade, it might make more sense to save the money for better free agents next year.

Nope. You roll over whatever is there.

ModSocks
03-24-2021, 02:59 PM
Tons of good FAs still out there

lol. There's temp gap fillers out there, sure. But the impact guys are pretty much all gone.

smithandrew051
03-24-2021, 03:07 PM
Nope. You roll over whatever is there.

That’s probably the smart play now. Why overpay someone who isn’t a star?

Just fill out the rest of the roster in the draft and with UFAs. Hope for the best from there.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
03-24-2021, 03:08 PM
On paper this team ain’t a super bowl team. Playoff yes super bowl no

New World Order
03-24-2021, 03:10 PM
We can say this has been a shitty offseason without criticizing the GM.

Veach would probably be the first to tell you this is not what we wanted.

TambaBerry
03-24-2021, 03:11 PM

We have Mahomes it's always a super bowl team

smithandrew051
03-24-2021, 03:13 PM

Can you please point me to the Super Bowl team in the AFC?

KChiefs1
03-24-2021, 03:15 PM
Have we signed this pos yet?????

pugsnotdrugs19
03-24-2021, 03:16 PM
Can you please point me to the Super Bowl team in the AFC?

Took the words out of my mouth.

It’s a slow fuckin’ market right now. Have the Chiefs gotten better overall so far? Na, but they’re a few moves away from having a totally different outlook.

Just don’t pay good to great money for mediocre play. The market will come to you.

pugsnotdrugs19
03-24-2021, 03:19 PM
Am I disappointed not to get Hilton? Somewhat.

If they had given him even close to $10m for a season? I’d be irate.

The Franchise
03-24-2021, 03:25 PM
Am I disappointed not to get Hilton? Somewhat.

If they had given him even close to $10m for a season? I’d be irate.

And that’s the thing. People have always criticized Veach for overpaying. He’s not doing that this year (unless you think Thuney was an overpay) and people are freaking the fuck out.

He seems to have a line that he’s willing to go up to and not cross. I’m glad he’s doing that.

New World Order
03-24-2021, 03:29 PM
And that’s the thing. People have always criticized Veach for overpaying. He’s not doing that this year (unless you think Thuney was an overpay) and people are freaking the **** out.

He seems to have a line that he’s willing to go up to and not cross. I’m glad he’s doing that.

I mean, we're on the verge of a dynasty and we haven't improved this offseason (so far).

I think there's some understanding there.

The Franchise
03-24-2021, 03:32 PM
I mean, we're on the verge of a dynasty and we haven't improved this offseason (so far).

I think there's some understanding there.

Zero improvement?

This is why the whining is bullshit.

smithandrew051
03-24-2021, 03:34 PM
And that’s the thing. People have always criticized Veach for overpaying. He’s not doing that this year (unless you think Thuney was an overpay) and people are freaking the fuck out.

If the cap is going to be higher next year and more stars will be willing to commit to long term deals, it probably makes sense to just roll the cap space so we can be bigger players in a more meaningful free agency year.

I’d rather wait a year and sign Allen Robinson to a multi-year deal than to pay big money to TY Hilton or Juju for 1 year.

TEX
03-24-2021, 03:37 PM
We can say this has been a shitty offseason without criticizing the GM.

Veach would probably be the first to tell you this is not what we wanted.

Thus far, it hasn't been what I like , but there are still months to go in the offseason.

Cosmos
03-24-2021, 03:51 PM
Hope Veach doesn’t loose the slip with our draft picks’ name on it...on the way to the podium.....s/

staylor26
03-24-2021, 03:52 PM
Zero improvement?

This is why the whining is bullshit.

But we’re making all of it up. Nobody is being that negative.

O.city
03-24-2021, 03:57 PM
Free agency is for MAYBE grabbing a blue chip guy for a fuck load of money and filling some gaps

Gap fillers are what the chiefs need. They have plenty of star power. Now, you can never have enough stars but for fucks sake.

Get a LT in the draft. He doesn’t have to be a world beater, just be capable to start and we’ll be fine.

staylor26
03-24-2021, 03:58 PM
Free agency is for MAYBE grabbing a blue chip guy for a fuck load of money and filling some gaps

Gap fillers are what the chiefs need. They have plenty of star power. Now, you can never have enough stars but for fucks sake.

Get a LT in the draft. He doesn’t have to be a world beater, just be capable to start and we’ll be fine.

So would you take Liam Eichenberg at 31?

That pretty much describes him.