PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

staylor26
04-25-2024, 10:13 AM
While I think it's more than possible, I can't put all of the stock into a singular rumor. Veach moving into the top 20 for a huge question mark doesn't seem to fit his m.o.

If we were talking about Fashanu or Fautanu, I'd feel a lot differently than doing it for Mims.

Ohh it's not because of the Schrager mock. If you look at the 1st round mock I did in the draft section last night before his was even out, I also had them trading up for Mims.

Just a gut feeling on draft day.

ljmhawk
04-25-2024, 10:31 AM
Ohh it's not because of the Schrager mock. If you look at the 1st round mock I did in the draft section last night before his was even out, I also had them trading up for Mims.

you want them to draft a guy who is hurt all the time and 6 starts?

VAChief
04-25-2024, 10:36 AM
Agree 100%.

I mean he's a pass-catching TE. This isn't a premier in-line guy or anything, he's a move TE.

Okay - so why would I rather have him than someone like Mitchell who's taller, faster and not that much lighter?

I'm just not understanding this idea that we need to go crazy chasing a TE. They're found all over the draft and few of the truly premier guys (1 of them, to be exact) came from the 1st.

Just completely out on Bowers.

And come draft day, I suspect many others will as well.

We shall see...

Plus with the signing of I. Smith, I think the Chiefs see TE as not a top priority this year. We have other more glaring needs to fill out our roster.

Titty Meat
04-25-2024, 11:10 AM
I changed it.

After getting FAU and Karlaftis right the last 2 years, I had to make it official for some good juju.

I schooled you on the Sneed trade value

Rain Man
04-25-2024, 11:20 AM
My final answer is Kingsley Suamataia.

My top five likely choices are:

1. Suamataia
2. Jordan Morgan
3. Xavier Legette
4. Tyler Guyton
5. Xavier Worthy

Hoover
04-25-2024, 11:28 AM
I just saw Veach at Best Buy. Said if Penix gets drafted in the middle of round one the Chiefs ability to maneuver goes to shit. Said that Mims is an option if he’s there at 32, but in no way would they trade up for him. So if there moving up it’s goi g to be a big jump for one of their top 3 LTs.

While WR would be in play at 32, he doesn’t think the value is right. Feels like he would go DT or CB because of the value over grabbing like the 8th best WR. As he check out he looked back at me and said, Hoover, don’t be surprised if we fucking trade up for a fucking guard. I’m going to take the best player off the board.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-25-2024, 11:28 AM

It's Pretty Rickey why you think tackle:)

staylor26
04-25-2024, 11:31 AM
It's Pretty Rickey why you think tackle:)

Lol no I've maintained that my best guess is they trade up for a LT, or they take a WR at 32.

Tribal Warfare
04-25-2024, 11:32 AM
Lol no I've maintained that my best guess is they trade up for a LT, or they take a WR at 32.

It'll be Fashanu or Mims if they trade up

Warrick
04-25-2024, 12:00 PM
I'm going to change my pick to Kingsley Suamataia, I'm having my doubts the Chiefs will find a team willing to trade up with this year. More likely they trade back once all the higher tier OL and WRs are gone.

MahomesMagic
04-25-2024, 12:11 PM
I hope they pick someone that gets on the field this year.

T-post Tom
04-25-2024, 12:40 PM
Lots of smoke out there. Chiefs are going to move up for Brian Thomas Jr. at WR. They'll go with either Smith, Taylor or Morris at LT. That's my shot and I'm sticking to it. LFG! :)

493rd
04-25-2024, 12:41 PM
Going with Tyler Guyton from OU. Final answer.

Red Dawg
04-25-2024, 12:42 PM
LT. Who? Don't know but I still think an LT. Our biggest concern and Mahomes needs on that's actually our LT.

neech
04-25-2024, 12:46 PM
Going with Tyler Guyton from OU. Final answer.

That's my answer also 493rd.

saphojunkie
04-25-2024, 12:50 PM
Seattle has hired Washington's OC and their OL coach. I don't see how Fautanu gets past them at 16...

Unless we trade up to 16 and take BTJ

gordonelloyd
04-25-2024, 12:50 PM
Best left tackle they can get, hopefully trading up if the price isn’t outrageous

493rd
04-25-2024, 12:52 PM
LT. Who? Don't know but I still think an LT. Our biggest concern and Mahomes needs on that's actually our LT.

Yup. Are Veach and Andy willing to roll the dice by waiting and addressing the LT need later in the draft??? I think you go get a guy that is plug and play to protect the franchise - Mr. Patrick Mahomes.

Wisconsin_Chief
04-25-2024, 12:53 PM
I have a feeling nobody is going to be willing to trade with Veach unless he allows himself to get absolutely fleeced, so I hope he doesn't do that. Unless of course they have someone on their board they have decided is their next must have guy, I hope they just stand pat at 32. I do have a feeling they have their eye on someone huge (I still have a nostalgic soft spot hoping they want to pull off a blockbuster and land Alt) so it'll be really interesting to see if anyone is willing to bite.

I've been thinking for months it will be Jordan Morgan at 32, so I'll stick with that. Seems like a very safe pick, his pass blocking last year was tremendous, just 2 sacks allowed in 477 drop backs and 37 starts at LT, he's NFL ready. If we can't make a huge move, I think he's the guy.

Ming the Merciless
04-25-2024, 01:08 PM
Trade back and pick the next Sky Moore from jack shit university.

id like to trade you to the Orange Mane or Bills Planet

neech
04-25-2024, 01:09 PM
Watch us draft someone and we're all like...Who?

Warrick
04-25-2024, 01:10 PM
I hope they pick someone that gets on the field this year.

No doubt, I don't want to see a FAU pick again when they had plenty of depth in that position last year... I understand you're in KC and you feel the need to make a pick. Just trade back this year if you find yourself in the a similar situation.

poolboy
04-25-2024, 01:14 PM
Jordan Morgan

Wisconsin_Chief
04-25-2024, 01:15 PM
Jordan Morgan

Yip.

SAGA45
04-25-2024, 01:20 PM
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.

Thought you were pretty dug in on McConkey. Your logic for why they'd pick him was quite sound. But I get it. All the smoke about Veach wanting to go after an OT is hard to ignore.

Wisconsin_Chief
04-25-2024, 01:32 PM
Thought you were pretty dug in on McConkey. Your logic for why they'd pick him was quite sound. But I get it. All the smoke about Veach wanting to go after an OT is hard to ignore.

That's just what Burt wants you to think... :hmmm:

staylor26
04-25-2024, 01:41 PM

The debate going on in my head is whether the Chiefs are more likely to trade up or stay put.

I've been adamant throughout the last few weeks that it's likely either trade up for a LT, or take a WR at 32.

saphojunkie
That's just what Burt wants you to think... :hmmm:

https://y.yarn.co/853a173c-3160-4274-bebd-92007c373124_text.gif

DJ's left nut
Watch us draft someone and we're all like...Who?

Nah - these bases have been pretty well covered.

It's gonna be someone we've been talking about for a bit. Most surprising candidate that I could maybe see happening if he slipped would be Cooper DeJean who nobody's really discussed but mostly because he's a DB that's likely to go top 15-20. Seems unlikely we're trading up for a DB in this draft.

But man, Spags would LOVE that kid. He'd be a supercharged Mathieu in this defense. Or a really clean replacement for Sneed that could also slide to the slot/box in 3-safety looks.

DJ's left nut
04-25-2024, 01:42 PM
The debate going on in my head is whether the Chiefs are more likely to trade up or stay put.

I've been adamant throughout the last few weeks that it's trade up for a LT, or take a WR at 32.

Bottom line is that I don't think we'll pay what it takes to get past 18ish and if this draft goes chalk I don't see anyone worth making that move for past about 15/16.

staylor26
04-25-2024, 01:43 PM
Bottom line is that I don't think we'll pay what it takes to get past 18ish and if this draft goes chalk I don't see anyone worth making that move for past about 15/16.

It's definitely possible that you're right.

saphojunkie
04-25-2024, 01:44 PM

It's gonna be someone we've been talking about for a bit. Most surprising candidate that I could maybe see happening if he slipped would be Cooper DeJean who nobody's really discussed but mostly because he's a DB that's likely to go top 15-20. Seems unlikely we're trading up for a DB in this draft.

But man, Spags would LOVE that kid. He'd be a supercharged Mathieu in this defense. Or a really clean replacement for Sneed that could also slide to the slot/box in 3-safety looks.

Shit this is the first DB scenario that has made sense

T-post Tom
04-25-2024, 01:45 PM
I have a feeling nobody is going to be willing to trade with Veach unless he allows himself to get absolutely fleeced, so I hope he doesn't do that. Unless of course they have someone on their board they have decided is their next must have guy, I hope they just stand pat at 32. I do have a feeling they have their eye on someone huge (I still have a nostalgic soft spot hoping they want to pull off a blockbuster and land Alt) so it'll be really interesting to see if anyone is willing to bite.

I've been thinking for months it will be Jordan Morgan at 32, so I'll stick with that. Seems like a very safe pick, his pass blocking last year was tremendous, just 2 sacks allowed in 477 drop backs and 37 starts at LT, he's NFL ready. If we can't make a huge move, I think he's the guy.

Rams will. Played poker with Stafford and Veach last night in Leawood. It's happening. ;) Brian Thomas Jr. gonna look good in Red, White and Gold...

saphojunkie
04-25-2024, 01:46 PM

If you want an OT or Brian Thomas, it has to be 16 at the latest. After that, you aren't finding a dance partner until 22, which puts you in the Ad Mitchell/Xavier Worthy field. Tackles remaining are Morgan, Guyton, Shacklebolt.

DJ's left nut
04-25-2024, 01:47 PM
Shit this is the first DB scenario that has made sense

It's really the only one I can come up with.

I kinda feel like the other two 'premium' DBs in this class are largely wasted on us. Those are your very traditional hyper-athletic sorts of guys and I just feel like we get diminishing returns on those. We can take a lesser athlete and get him playing NEAR that level so I don't think we draft for premier athletic traits at that position.

But if you take those traits and add DeJeans physicality, versatility and play strenght/aggression, you get a guy that will absolutely turn Spags head.

If he could have any defensive player in this entire draft, I think he might just choose DeJean. Over Murphy/Newton or any of the DEs.

DJ's left nut
04-25-2024, 01:48 PM
If you want an OT or Brian Thomas, it has to be 16 at the latest. After that, you aren't finding a dance partner until 22, which puts you in the Ad Mitchell/Xavier Worthy field. Tackles remaining are Morgan, Guyton, Shacklebolt.

19 is viable, IMO.

But yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you. 16 is the landing spot. And if they'd take 32 and next year's 2nd for it we might just do it. But I don't think they would.

saphojunkie
04-25-2024, 01:48 PM
It's really the only one I can come up with.

I kinda feel like the other two 'premium' DBs in this class are largely wasted on us. Those are your very traditional hyper-athletic sorts of guys and I just feel like we get diminishing returns on those. We can take a lesser athlete and get him playing NEAR that level so I don't think we draft for premier athletic traits at that position.

But if you take those traits and add DeJeans physicality, versatility and play strenght/aggression, you get a guy that will absolutely turn Spags head.

If he could have any defensive player in this entire draft, I think he might just choose DeJean. Over Murphy/Newton or any of the DEs.

stop making sense I want Brian Thomas

O.city
04-25-2024, 01:49 PM
It'll take next years 1

saphojunkie
04-25-2024, 01:49 PM
It'll take next years 1

aka pick 32 i'm fine with it

staylor26
04-25-2024, 01:51 PM
It'll take next years 1

I think next year's 2nd and our 3rd this year might get it done.

saphojunkie
04-25-2024, 01:54 PM
I think next year's 2nd and our 3rd this year might get it done.

I'm going to assume it takes a fifth round sweetener.

DJ's left nut
04-25-2024, 01:55 PM
It'll take next years 1

I think you can probably get a little higher than 16 with that. But yeah, it well could.

Something like 32 and next years 1st for 16 and pick 118 in the 4th would be pretty damn close. And I wouldn't necessarily hate that - we can get another guy with that 118 that can likely contribute, I expect an OT who's slipped a bit and can get moved inside to G long-term would be a good target around there. Or that pick could be packaged with 64 to move up a bit.

Let's say we traded 32 and next year's 1st for 16 and 118 then we packaged 118 with 64 to get up to 51.

With that we came away with, I dunno, Thomas Jr and Kinglsey or maybe that gets you Fautanu and Worthy.

It's not the worst of ideas.

Titty Meat
04-25-2024, 01:56 PM
Jordan Morgan

That's what I'm sayin

saphojunkie
04-25-2024, 01:59 PM
I think you can probably get a little higher than 16 with that. But yeah, it well could.

Something like 32 and next years 1st for 16 and pick 118 in the 4th would be pretty damn close. And I wouldn't necessarily hate that - we can get another guy with that 118 that can likely contribute, I expect an OT who's slipped a bit and can get moved inside to G long-term would be a good target around there. Or that pick could be packaged with 64 to move up a bit.

Let's say we traded 32 and next year's 1st for 16 and 118 then we packaged 118 with 64 to get up to 51.

With that we came away with, I dunno, Thomas Jr and Kinglsey or maybe that gets you Fautanu and Worthy.

either of those scenarios is fucking gangbusters

SAGA45
04-25-2024, 02:00 PM

I agree. Toub would love e him too - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0iaADQYVURRHHT5UMrGYMRkFbLc3KNzD59912sxsz8Eirt5UDSU13WA1qHModKUuxl&id=100056338976992&mibextid=RtaFA8

DJ's left nut
04-25-2024, 02:03 PM
either of those scenarios is fucking gangbusters

I'm being fairly aggressive with both of the 2nd round selections.

Let's say it's Walker/Legette or Paul/Fisher with that 2nd rounder instead. Both sets are pretty universally agreed to be 2nd tier guys, no? I think you could safely assume one/both of those players will be there around that pick in the early 50s.

Giving up that additional 1st rounder stings but IF you think the depth of this class is such that a guy like Walker or Paul is going to be someone that sneaks into the late 1st next year anyway, you go ahead and pull that trigger and figure the 'additional' 2nd rounder you gave up to get them is simply the cost of getting the player a year early.

nychief
04-25-2024, 02:05 PM
Darius Robinson.

DJ's left nut
04-25-2024, 02:05 PM
I agree. Toub would love e him too - https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0iaADQYVURRHHT5UMrGYMRkFbLc3KNzD59912sxsz8Eirt5UDSU13WA1qHModKUuxl&id=100056338976992&mibextid=RtaFA8

He's a damn fun player.

Titty Meat
04-25-2024, 02:07 PM
Yeah as much as it pains me to say it DeJean would be a tremendous pick

DJ's left nut
04-25-2024, 02:10 PM

Wouldn't worry about it too much.

He's just too versatile to slide far. He'll be on everybody's draft board. Some defensive players just don't fit schemes so if they teams that like them like someone else a little better and then they end up in a pocket of teams that they lack the scheme versatility to fit, that's when they slide.

DeJean, OTOH, can play on every single defense in the league and play well. He'll be in the top 5 for defensive players on every draft board in the league, IMO. He's not gonna get past 20 (if that) and I don't think we'll trade up that high for him.

Wisconsin_Chief
04-25-2024, 02:12 PM

If that dude falls to 32 because of how everything shakes out and we can’t trade up, Veach will have that pick in within 5 seconds. He has shown many times he will not reach for need, that’s what loser teams do. If a talent like DeJean is there that late, he’s taking him.

SAGA45
04-25-2024, 02:14 PM
Darius Robinson.

I would love this pick!

DJ's left nut
04-25-2024, 02:14 PM
If that dude falls to 32 because of how everything shakes out and we can’t trade up, Veach will have that pick in within 5 seconds. He has shown many times he will not reach for need, that’s what loser teams do. If a talent like DeJean is there that late, he’s taking him.

The only thing, the ONLY thing, that might lead to that?

Oh c'mon, we all know what it is.

Say it with me now - White. Defensive. Back.

And really I don't think that'll matter. But if he does slide past even 24ish, that's 100% the reason why. Because there's nothing in his measurements or his film or anything else that says he should even make it to 20. He's a fantastic football player and premium athlete. Smart, fast, physical - there's really not a miss on his resume.

Hoover
04-25-2024, 02:20 PM
Elite punt returner too.

I don’t see it. But he would improve return game over night and is a Swiss Army knife at DB

ForeverIowan
04-25-2024, 02:49 PM
Go get the monster Mims at tackle and lock that position down for the next decade. Best to break in a rookie left tackle while we have the best left guard in the game next to him as well. Makes all the sense in the world.

ThrobProng
04-25-2024, 02:52 PM

And really I don't think that'll matter. But if he does slide past even 24ish, that's 100% the reason why. Because there's nothing in his measurements or his film or anything else that says he should even make it to 20. He's a fantastic football player and premium athlete. Smart, fast, physical - there's really not a miss on his resume.

Gritty, gutty, brings his lunch pail to work...

Wisconsin_Chief
04-25-2024, 02:54 PM

It would be quite amazing if NFL GMs could be that ridiculous, but then again I should be used to it by now. :D

SAGA45
04-25-2024, 03:05 PM
Gritty, gutty, brings his lunch pail to work...

Blue collar. Just a football player.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-25-2024, 03:07 PM
Knowing Veach, I think he trades up tonight for Brian Thomas Jr

dlphg9
04-25-2024, 03:47 PM
I'd love Thomas Jr. or Worthy. I want nothing to do with Mitchell. He might be the only guy I'd be mad about drafting.

Okchief80
04-25-2024, 03:51 PM

Please please please let this happen!

DJ's left nut
04-25-2024, 03:53 PM
Blue collar. Just a football player.

That's the thing about DeJean.

Don't need the typical 'white guy' pablum.

This dude is shot out of a cannon. He's a premier athlete to go along with all the white guy pablum.

I mean if you just said "He's a bigger Trent McDuffie" I don't think you'd be too far off. Kid is can play.

xztop123
04-25-2024, 04:02 PM
As per every year I have no idea but I’ll go back and see who guessed right and give their opinions more credence in the future.

ToxSocks
04-25-2024, 04:06 PM

If it's a trade up it's gotta be for a LT.

Im with you though in wanting BTJ. I just sincerely don't believe they'd pull the trigger.

UChieffyBugger
04-25-2024, 04:06 PM
I think Thomas goes earlier than people think tbh. I hope we stand pat and get AD Mitchell. He's young and has all the attributes to be a number one some day.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-25-2024, 04:07 PM
Yep it’s for Brian Thomas

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#chiefs</a> have really been working to see if they can get up from 32. The thought around the league is it&#39;s would be for one of the speedy WRs.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1783611822681272741?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 25, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

ToxSocks
04-25-2024, 04:07 PM
I think Thomas goes earlier than people think tbh. I hope we stand pat and get AD Mitchell. He's young and has all the attributes to be a number one some day.

I agree on Thomas and i wouldn't be shocked at all if he went before Odunze.

Totally disagree with you on Mitchell though.

ToxSocks
04-25-2024, 04:09 PM
Yep it’s for Brian Thomas

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/chiefs?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#chiefs</a> have really been working to see if they can get up from 32. The thought around the league is it&#39;s would be for one of the speedy WRs.</p>&mdash; James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesPalmerTV/status/1783611822681272741?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 25, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That guy don't know shit.

UChieffyBugger
04-25-2024, 04:15 PM
I agree on Thomas and i wouldn't be shocked at all if he went before Odunze.

Totally disagree with you on Mitchell though.

What's wrong with AD?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE!
04-25-2024, 04:15 PM

James Palmer doesn’t know shit?? He’s the one who had the legendary interview with Frank Clark. He’s locked in as anyone with Veach

ToxSocks
04-25-2024, 04:32 PM
What's wrong with AD?

"Wrong" probably isnt the right word. I know i probably sound like a hater but....i think he's a whole lot of projection based on combine results with very little actual impressive play on the field.

I don't wanna get into it too much because for all i know, the Chiefs may take him tonight.

And i don't wanna come off as a hater because i don't HATE the prospect.

I just think that he's really being overhyped and hasn't actually demonstrated the things people are saying he can do.

To keep it positive though, he has a great catch rate (albeit very few high level catches in his "tape") and he looks like a fluid athlete with great testing and good measureables.

Justman59
04-25-2024, 04:36 PM
Legette, my two cents

SAGA45
04-25-2024, 04:36 PM
That's the thing about DeJean.

Don't need the typical 'white guy' pablum.

This dude is shot out of a cannon. He's a premier athlete to go along with all the white guy pablum.

I mean if you just said "He's a bigger Trent McDuffie" I don't think you'd be too far off. Kid is can play.

You're preaching to the choir.

UChieffyBugger
04-25-2024, 04:42 PM
"Wrong" probably isnt the right word. I know i probably sound like a hater but....i think he's a whole lot of projection based on combine results with very little actual impressive play on the field.

I don't wanna get into it too much because for all i know, the Chiefs may take him tonight.

And i don't wanna come off as a hater because i don't HATE the prospect.

I just think that he's really being overhyped and hasn't actually demonstrated the things people are saying he can do.

To keep it positive though, he has a great catch rate (albeit very few high level catches in his "tape") and he looks like a fluid athlete with great testing and good measureables.

I've seen people say he has similar route running traits to Ceedee Lamb. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Veach agrees.

xztop123
04-25-2024, 04:44 PM
Brian Thomas reminds me of Mvs too much. I don’t think he’s the guy

ToxSocks
04-25-2024, 04:44 PM
I've seen people say he has similar route running traits to Ceedee Lamb. I guess we'll have to wait and see if Veach agrees.

For sure. I mean, i could be totally wrong but....idk, i like what i see from other prospects more.

Bump
04-25-2024, 04:45 PM
I wanna see a trade involving the Chiefs tonight!

MahomesMagic
04-25-2024, 04:47 PM

What MVS was supposed to be in our wildest dreams maybe.

Because if you place the ball anywhere out there BTJ is grabbing it and running in for a TD.

staylor26
04-25-2024, 04:48 PM

Lol wut?

Icon
04-25-2024, 04:50 PM
I'm not a fan of AD Mitchell. He admitted to letting up running routes so "save his energy". He reportedly has some character issues at both Georgia and Texas although it might be related to his diabetes problem. He also gave this weird ass interview at the Combine that makes me question how smart he is and how much he likes football. Overall, he just doesn't strike me as a baller. My 2 cents.

xztop123
04-25-2024, 04:52 PM
Lol wut?

Long lanky go route guy with great speed and catch radius

Limited route tree (most go and stop and go!

High hips. Not much over the middle. Not much yac. Not a ton of agility.

ToxSocks

Nah.

I personally think BTJ is one of the most complete players in the draft, not just WR.

Great speed. Big enough hands. Long arms. Tall, lean, smooth athlete. Test tube WR, physically.

He can run right by a DB or he can body a DB. Great ball tracking. Can jump over a DB. Catches with his hands, not his body. He can make guys miss in the open field.

I struggle to find what he's NOT good at...and i would take him over Odunze if im being totally honest.

MahomesMagic
I'm not a fan of AD Mitchell. He admitted to letting up running routes so "save his energy". He reportedly has some character issues at both Georgia and Texas although it might be related to his diabetes problem. He also gave this weird ass interview at the Combine that makes me question how smart he is and how much he likes football. Overall, he just doesn't strike me as a baller. My 2 cents.

You interviewed him at the combine?

Tell us more.

MahomesMagic
04-25-2024, 04:53 PM
Nah.

I personally think BTJ is one of the most complete players in the draft, not just WR.

Great speed. Big enough hands. Long arms. Tall, lean, smooth athlete. Test tube WR, physically.

He can run right by a DB or he can body a DB. Great ball tracking. Can jump over a DB. Catches with his hands, not his body. He can make guys miss in the open field.

I struggle to find what he's NOT good at...and i would take him over Odunze if im being totally honest.

He's an elite vertical weapon. Scary.

What he won't be is a volume #1.

ToxSocks
04-25-2024, 04:55 PM
Long lanky go route guy with great speed and catch radius

Limited route tree (most go and stop and go!

High hips. Not much over the middle. Not much yac. Not a ton of agility.

Often times "Limited route tree" isn't an indictment of the player, but the offense and coaching.

There's nothing about him that suggests he can't run more elaborate routes. And he's certainly agile for a 6-4" WR and there's plenty of evidence of him making guys miss in the open field. And honestly, how much does he even need to "wiggle" in the open field when he can just flat out run by guys.

He's a much more physical WR than MVS and is a real contested ball threat.

ToxSocks
04-25-2024, 04:56 PM
He's an elite vertical weapon. Scary.

What he won't be is a volume #1.

IDK. When i watch him i think, AJ Green?

MahomesMagic
04-25-2024, 04:57 PM
Often times "Limited route tree" isn't an indictment of the player, but the offense and coaching.

There's nothing about him that suggests he can't run more elaborate routes. And he's certainly agile for a 6-4" WR and there's plenty of evidence of him making guys miss in the open field. And honestly, how much does he even need to "wiggle" in the open field when he can just flat out run by guys.

He's a much more physical WR than MVS and is a real contested ball threat.

I expect Buffalo is working hard at getting him.

It makes too much sense for what they want to do post Diggs.

I don't see us out bidding them for a WR but that's why we have to watch it.

ToxSocks
04-25-2024, 04:58 PM
I expect Buffalo is working hard at getting him.

It makes too much sense for what they want to do post Diggs.

I don't see us out bidding them for a WR but that's why we have to watch it.

Agreed. IMO, he's gotta be Buffalo's #1 target.

MahomesMagic
04-25-2024, 05:00 PM
Agreed. IMO, he's gotta be Buffalo's #1 target.

BTJ would be inserted as the 1, Shakir 2 and then teams pick their poison.

If you try to stop Allen running and McDermott's Bully Ball then they throw it over your head.

hawkchief
04-25-2024, 05:10 PM
I want McConkey. Sick of the prima Donna’s like Tyreek, Hardman, Rice and Toney etc. Ladd’s a good kid, has and no drama.

Mr_Tomahawk
04-25-2024, 05:12 PM
Mahomes to McConkey.

Kiimo
04-25-2024, 05:19 PM
I want McConkey. Sick of the prima Donna’s like Tyreek, Hardman, Rice and Toney etc. Ladd’s a good kid, has and no drama.

lol what a lunch pail, first in last out kind of guy. real good parenting. head is screwed on right.

dirk digler
04-25-2024, 05:30 PM
I have no idea but I am sure he will be great.

Kiimo
04-25-2024, 05:32 PM
BRIAN

THOMAS

JUNIOR

RunKC
04-25-2024, 08:21 PM
It’s 9:20 PM and the Rams are on the clock at 19. I think we’re going to draft Fautanu

ChiefsFanatic
04-25-2024, 08:43 PM
It’s 9:20 PM and the Rams are on the clock at 19. I think we’re going to draft FautanuSo, it's your fault.

DavidB
04-25-2024, 09:32 PM
WOW! We got Xavier Worthy! WOW!

ThyKingdomCome15
04-25-2024, 09:38 PM
I CALLED IT ON THIS THREAD... TWICE!!!

Only one right answer... LMAO

Kiimo
04-25-2024, 09:56 PM
If we stay at 32 I would be juuuuuust fine with this. Even if Adonai Mitchell is also available.

YES

Pasta Little Brioni
04-25-2024, 09:59 PM
Xavier Worthy

Yup

Lzen
04-26-2024, 09:00 AM

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="15268759" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="0.753125" data-width="30%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/pedro-monkey-puppet-meme-awkward-gif-15268759">Pedro Monkey Puppet GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/pedro-gifs">Pedro GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Coogs
04-26-2024, 08:37 PM

We wound up with two of your four and still have next years 1st. Got to be pretty happy with that.

I know I am.

ThyKingdomCome15
04-26-2024, 08:54 PM
Chiefs make a splash...

XAVIER WORTHY

Just having Worthy on the field with Patrick's ability to improvise will pose a threat the Chiefs haven't had since Tyreek Hill left. Worthy is our guy.

:)

ThyKingdomCome15
04-26-2024, 08:58 PM
Rashee in trouble, Mecole hasn't been resigned, the only right answer is Xavier Worthy.

I'm telling ya this kid has "it."

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QEjGmOGKjAk&pp=ygUZeGF2aWVyIHdvcnRoeSBoaWdobGlnaHRzIA%3D%3D

I would like to add two guys (who seem nice) disliked this post. :thumb:

bsp4444
04-29-2024, 07:14 AM
Unrelated but related, my boss's son gets to announce the Chiefs first round pick. Part of the Make-A-Wish foundation.

Boy did good!
He got a football autographed by most of the top prospects...man that ought to be worth something someday.

O.city
04-29-2024, 07:56 AM
Wouldn't worry about it too much.

He's just too versatile to slide far. He'll be on everybody's draft board. Some defensive players just don't fit schemes so if they teams that like them like someone else a little better and then they end up in a pocket of teams that they lack the scheme versatility to fit, that's when they slide.

DeJean, OTOH, can play on every single defense in the league and play well. He'll be in the top 5 for defensive players on every draft board in the league, IMO. He's not gonna get past 20 (if that) and I don't think we'll trade up that high for him.

This guy doesn't know shit

Couch-Potato
04-29-2024, 08:22 AM
Not my first choice, but I think it will be WR Xavier Worthy.

lol called it