CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 08:37 PM
I cant wait!!

http://www.heraldnet.com/Stories/00/9/20/EBOWL.jpg
This place will be loud!!

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 09-21-2000).]

Phobia
09-20-2000, 08:44 PM
Joe it looks beautiful, but it also looks like a lot of fans are going to be a long way away from the field. I hope I am wrong and it is just an optical illusion brought on by the artists rendering. Good Luck.

Oh yeah, when is it suppossed to be finished?

ColoradoChief
09-20-2000, 08:45 PM
Joe - That shadow looks kind of evil.

ColoradoChief
09-20-2000, 08:48 PM
Logical - That is one of the best things about Arrowhead, I don't think there is a bad seat in the house, and I have sat 5 rows from the top corner of the stadium.

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 08:52 PM
Jim, I see your point, the lower level does not have a very steep grade. I'm sure the experts who designed it knew what they were doing (I hope lol) It is supposed to be ready for the opening day of 2002, .......Joe

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 08:53 PM
(accidently duplicated)

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 09-20-2000).]

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-20-2000, 08:56 PM
Joe,
What is the expected seating capacity? I think I had read somewhere about there being a tower beyond one of the endzones. Is this true or am I thinking of another new stadium?

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 09:01 PM
Djay, it will seat about 66,000 And I'm not sure about the tower thing...It will be natural grass and 80% of the fans will be undercover. I just cant wait! It is already taking shape right now. BTW 70% of the concrete used in the Kingdome is being re-cycled for use in this stadium....

Bwana
09-20-2000, 09:16 PM
Looks pretty nice. It does somewhat resemble the new Paul Brown Stadium. Who is putting it up(architects)?

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 09:21 PM
Lead Architect Ellerbe Becket, in association with
Loschky Marquardt & Nesholm

Structural Engineer Skilling Ward Magnusson Barkshire <BR>

ColoradoChief
09-20-2000, 09:22 PM
Joe - How much does it really rain there during the season?

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 09:27 PM
Jeff, LOL, ALOT!! especially between november and January, Sept, Oct, can be pretty nice for the most part....Joe

Got sunburned at last weeks game:^)...

ColoradoChief
09-20-2000, 09:30 PM
Joe - I always hear that it rains a bunch there, but never knew when. My buddy got a sun burn on his bald spot at this weekends game, it was pretty funny.

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 09:33 PM
Luckily I dont have a bald spot...:^)

It was nice last week though, now we are on the road until the Oct, 15th Indy game, so the sunburn days are most likely over....... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

ColoradoChief
09-20-2000, 09:37 PM
Joe - I was actually talking about the Chiefs game here, of course it was good to see a donx fan wear some red.

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 09:41 PM
Morph, Yeah I knew that.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

CASHMAN
09-20-2000, 10:17 PM
More features....

The "Red Zone" suites: The plan is for the Seahawks' stadium to be the first to offer suites on the field. The so-called "Red Zone" suites are located behind the north end zone and just four feet above field level. The goal is to give fans an unique, up-close view of the game.

The "Hawks Nest": Also on the north end is a section that is designed to be like the Cleveland Browns' "Dawg Pound." To draw fans into that section, team officials are planning not to put a net up on field goals and extra points, thereby allowing fans to keep footballs that go into the crowd.

New seats: The plastic, cramped seats at the Kingdome were rivaled in discomfort level by Husky Stadium's metal bleachers. The new stadium will feature a new seat that is wider and more form-fitting, while club seating will offer padded seats. The marketing department is also researching the possibility of adding laptop-like computer screens to the club seats to make the games more interactive (although that feature may be more than two years away). The units would provide the opportunity to watch replays from different angles and see players' statistics.

Natural grass: There will be no more turf burn on this field. The artificial turf of the Kingdome will be replaced by natural grass. Field Turf, which is the new surface being used at Husky Stadium, is not out of the question -- but the construction taking place now is designed for natural grass.

elvislivesinkc
09-20-2000, 10:40 PM
Very impressive, Joe. I especially like the skyboxes on the field (guess you can't call them skyboxes anymore). I always wondered why no one did that. I would rather have seats close to the field that a box half-way up the stadium.

Looks like a nice place to kick Seahawks butt!

Chieficus
09-21-2000, 12:09 AM
Ellerbe and Becket's Kansas City office, OF COURSE, are the designers. All the best stadiums come from Kansas City firms nowadays!

Chieficus
09-21-2000, 12:15 AM
For a great cup of coffee, go to Seattle. For great weather, San Diego. Great stadiums, Kansas City. Hairy biker chicks, Oakland. Cheesecloth rushing defense, Denver.

It's all here in the AFC West, if you know where to look.

47mack
09-21-2000, 05:12 AM
Lol at DanT's Raider smack.

Now that Seattle is playing outside, the AFC West is now the only division in football where every team plays on grass.<P>

47mack
09-21-2000, 05:13 AM
Playing on grass is the right thing, unless you're Bam Morris.

[This message has been edited by mizzou5 (edited 09-21-2000).]