PDA

View Full Version : And we thought JR and Gun were the only confused coaches...

AustinChief
09-25-2000, 12:44 PM
"On first and second down, we need to put ourselves in an area where we're third-and-short more often than we did (last week), and that's what we're focused on. Running it would be good, but I still want to mix it. I don't want to be predictable, but I want to be productive. That's the whole thing - if you're predictable, then that's not good. But I don't want to be nonpredictable but nonproductive. I want to be predictable and productive; or nonpredictable and productive, one of the two. It's very ... very ... philosophical. I don't think I could say that again."

- Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Gary Crowton on playcalling.<BR>

wutamess
09-25-2000, 12:47 PM
So this is what brings you an 0-4 record?!?!

That is hilarious.

Bwana
09-25-2000, 12:48 PM
I never thought Gun & JRaye were confused.

------------------
CHIEFS

Donkey Drew
09-25-2000, 12:48 PM
Okay...

I think some of these NFL coaches have been brain washed by political debates...

It's like that Simpson's Halloween episode where Dole and Clinton were replaced by aliens... only applied to the NFL...

twirling... twirling... twirling...

------------------
Lightening Crashes... and i am there...

ansonsdad
09-25-2000, 12:49 PM
That Razzle Dazzle offense would mess with any OC's brain. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

AustinChief
09-25-2000, 12:51 PM
Gunther Cunningham on confusion among the coaching staff:

[i]I'm not confused and neither is anyone on this staff. We all know where we're going, and it's back to Arrowhead for a Monday Night Football matchup. We'll fly there tonight in a large jet, together as a team, and we'll all arrive at exactly the same time. If you call that confusion, so be it.</i>

ColoradoChief
09-25-2000, 12:52 PM
Dole - I read this too and just hadn't decided if I should post it, too damn funny.

AustinChief
09-25-2000, 12:54 PM
Hey Chieficus: So that was your mother that began crying as her placenta fell to the floor?

ColoradoChief
09-25-2000, 12:54 PM
''Usually surrendering that much real estate requires a treaty.''
- Sports writer Jeff Legwold on the Chicago Bears defense.

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 09-25-2000).]

AustinChief
09-25-2000, 12:55 PM
Bob Dole just felt it was too close to our reality a couple of weeks ago to let it slide, Morph.

Kurt Surber
09-25-2000, 01:08 PM
This is as close to on-topic a place as I can find to post this. But did anyone notice the glorious realization of what seemed to be the most dunderheaded of the Chiefs' philosophical planks?

A coupl'a weeks ago we were discussing the merits [or lack thereof] in JRaye's statement that, when the team was deep in its own end on offense, his mandate was to run three ultra-conservative plays , punt and allow the defense to take it from there. Well, well, well. In the Donkey's game, they downed a punt in the third somewhere around our 5-10. 3 straight runs yeiled us around -2 yards and we punted from the endzone. Then we recover the fumble at midfield and go on to score.

I'm still not sold on that philosophy, but surely that series really reinforced the Chief's faith in it.

Donkey Drew
09-25-2000, 01:09 PM
Hey Chieficus: So that was your mother that began crying as her placenta fell to the floor?

Not quite... but yeah, that little tag line down there is partially based on that song... (Lightening Crashes is actually my favorite song)... kinda a combo of that and the fact that I'm a junior in college studying Meteorology, and I'd be in heaven if I could have a good storm 365 days out of the year... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Lightening Crashes... and i am there...