PDA

View Full Version : If Gunther is gone at season's end.......

kcmax
09-26-2000, 06:32 PM
......who would we want to replace him?

My vote? Stanford's Tyrone Willingham. Nobody gets more out of his players at the college level, and he has NFL experience. I also wouldn't mind Bill Cowher, if he can't stand another season in Pitt.

htismaqe
09-26-2000, 06:36 PM
My vote is for Dom Capers. I also would like to see Bill Snyder from K-State, although not until he leads them to a national championship. Hopefully this year! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!

Buzzbait
09-26-2000, 06:43 PM
I think this post is way premature. Almost to the point of being pathetic. All Gun's done since he became head coach is miss a division title by a kick, infuse our lineups with young starters, work w/ CP to bring KC the most productive draft in years and play 3 very tough teams to the wire. Man, some of you guys are really embarrassing...

AZ

[This message has been edited by AZChief (edited 09-26-2000).]

htismaqe
09-26-2000, 06:47 PM
Az chill out. It was a hypothetical question, and one that I have seen numerous times on both boards. Why don't you take a little valium and relax a little; you are wound to tight. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------

Buzzbait
09-26-2000, 06:52 PM
I'll leave the "chillin' out" to you...

I'm sick of these type of posts. Hell, I think people should support the players and coaches or find an organization they feel more comfortable pulling for.

If you enjoy pills perhaps Denver may be a natural fit for you.

AZ

htismaqe
09-26-2000, 07:05 PM
If you don't like these kinds of post than ignore them. It's that simple. Furthermore I am chilled out. I'm kickin' back and enjoying the evening. I never said that I enjoyed pills, you are putting words in my mouth. I was only trying to help with the tension. If you have a problem with pills then drink a little booze and relax. Anything to keep you from biting peoples heads off when they have done nothing to deserve it.

------------------

Quarterback
09-26-2000, 07:09 PM
Moot point. Gun will be back.

kcmax
09-26-2000, 07:10 PM
Guys, I wasn't trying to tick anyone off. AZchief, i'll admit it was premature. But embarassing? As far as i'm concerned, Gun brought this topic onto everyone when he contemplated retirement after week 1!Was that premature? Emarassing? STUPID?!?! Everyone's opinion counts. Sorry I p!ssed anyone off.

htismaqe
09-26-2000, 07:12 PM
Good point about the retirement!

------------------

kcmax
09-26-2000, 07:15 PM
Thanks raiderhater......

Buzzbait
09-26-2000, 07:17 PM
Mi, I think the tone of my posts was distorted by the pill poppin', liquor drinker among us! I'm not pissed, I just hate to see these kind of posts at a time when I feel the team needs support.

As for Gun's comments, I think he's addressed that. I'd blame the distortion more on Kevin Lockett (the Leak) and Bill Maas (the Mouth). What Gun said was, after a tough loss he feels like quiting. In fact, he discussed it with his wife because losing hurt him so much he felt like quitting but he's not. He's not quiting and neither should they. It was an analogy that apparently didn't get through to KLock. Kansas State is not known for producing scholars (see Kevin Keitzman). Rock Chalk Jayhawk...

The only stupid and embarrassing part of the story was that it leaked.

AZ

htismaqe
09-26-2000, 07:18 PM
Don't mention it. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

Quarterback
09-26-2000, 07:21 PM
They look like quitters the last two weeks?

It's obvious these guys love playing for Gun...Look at the other second year coaches...What are their records so far?

htismaqe
09-26-2000, 07:22 PM
Uh., Az that goes Rock Chalk Chickenhawk. No wonder you you are dumping on people for no reason, you are a Gayhawk! By the way, how are things up on Snob Hill?

!!!KANSAS STATE WILDCATS!!!

------------------

Buzzbait
09-26-2000, 07:22 PM
After rereadng my first take it did come across a little strong with no liquor or pills. Maybe I should walk the dog before I start posting after a long day at the mill. Sorry, for the tone.

Please support Gun, I can't take an empty Arrowhead again in my lifetime.

AZ

htismaqe
09-26-2000, 07:24 PM
Apology accepted.

------------------

kcmax
09-26-2000, 07:27 PM
No problem AZ. BTW, I DO support this team & staff. I would love it if Gunsticks around, I like his fire. I just thought it would be a good topic for discussion. Were cool. GO CHIEFS!

Buzzbait
09-26-2000, 07:30 PM
cool. Perhaps KU and KSU could merge and be solid in hoops AND football. Beating Nebraska three times a year (2 hoop, 1 foot) would be fun. I cheer for the 'Cats once a year (lately)...when they play NU.

AZ

Ozarks-Chiefs-Fan
09-26-2000, 07:30 PM
Will the "real raider hater" please stand up!

I feel I've had my moniker stolen (by someone that can't spell).

I'm an original, I was a Chiefs fan and raider hater from 1963, the year the Chiefs moved to KC from Dallas and were called the Texans (not Houston!)

------------------
Nuc'em all and let those who remain sort them out!

JOhn
09-26-2000, 07:34 PM
r8ter-h8ter -

Touche on the spelling bit.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

I think we can distinguish between you two. We're ALL raiderhaters!

Buzzbait
09-26-2000, 07:36 PM
In my book there can never be too many raida' haters. I'll let you guys settle the Username dispute. Perhaps, one of you could select a particular Raida you really hate and knock him. I think "GayTatum32" has a nice ring or perhaps "HLong,boylover75." I could go on for ever.

AZ
really not too homophobic...

kcmax
09-26-2000, 07:39 PM
How about Junior "bite the pillow and" Seau?

htismaqe
09-26-2000, 07:40 PM
Az, the only time I root for the chickens is when they play the Cornballs. It didn't use to be that way until I lived in Nebraska for 18 months. We moved up there right after they won their first championship, and were there when they won their second. It was no fun.

r8er h8er, I have been using this moniker since I was on the old board, and started using it over here right away. I don't ever remember seeing a moniker like that or I would not have used it. As for the spelling, I spell it that way because that is the way that I have grown up pronouncing it. It ryhmes, and sounds good so I spell it that way.

------------------

[This message has been edited by raiderhader (edited 09-26-2000).]