PDA

View Full Version : Rams

Coogs
09-27-2000, 02:10 PM
I know I shouldn't look forward to this game, but I can't help it. I think we just about have the perfect defense to unrail that offense. I know Gun will put a lot into it, because it will mean more to him than Martz. I'm not the only one that thinks so either. Check out Dr. Z's Rams comment in his power ranking:

I can't see anyone slowing this monster down until Oct. 22, red-letter day at Arrowhead Stadium. <P>

Frazod
09-27-2000, 02:23 PM
Ok, your saying that KC has the perfect defense to derail the Rams.

KC narrowly defeated the Broncos, who gave the Rams all they wanted offensively (I'm not slighting KCs win)

KC lost to Indy - great offense and the Titans, so-so offense right now.

I just don't see it happening.

------------------
~Brad2K~

Kick his a$$, SeaBass!

flowergirl
09-27-2000, 02:28 PM
Considering how wild and wacky this season has gone, anything can happen. The Rams surely won't go undefeated, they've got to have a down game sometime. I just hope that with the close proximity we don't get a bunch of people selling their tickets to Rams fans and lose the big HFA...

ColoradoChief
09-27-2000, 02:31 PM
I think the one advantage we have right now is that we are stopping teams from getting any big plays. We have given up a couple, sure, but generally we have made the teams work for every score.

The one thing we have to do better then the Donx and most other teams who have lost is to tackle. They have made a lot of points on missed tackles this year, and if we don't make those tackles we will lose.

Coogs
09-27-2000, 02:36 PM
No, I said "just about" perfect defense to counter the Rams. We can't play them in a shootout, but I think we can hit them hard at Arrowhead. We can pressure without blitzing and we've done a good job of containing RBs we played against. I know James got his c-note, but more than half of it came in the 4th quarter on a day when it was 105 and 80% humidity and our offense had been getting three and outs all day. We do a good job of covering the underneath stuff while still keeping a safety deep for help.

We'll see what happens when Oct. 22 rolls around, but it wouldn't be the first time a star offensive team limped out of Arrowhead. I just got excited when I saw Dr. Z's take because I think the same way.

KC Jones
09-27-2000, 03:15 PM
I still say Kurt Warner is either the luckiest bastard QB or the best...that pass he threw Sunday on the blitz that went for a TD...no way he sees the guy breaking on the ball...a foot lower and it's a TD the other way...sometimes it looks like he just throws it up for grabs...most of the time his receivers come down with it...ouch...

I think our D can hold them to 28 points or less...can we score more?...should be interesting...but I think we can... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Chieffan
09-27-2000, 03:16 PM
I don't understand where everyone sees the great defense. I don't think our d-backs have protected the pass very well this year. Also, we aren't rushing the KC style. What happened to the feared KC defense? I think Warner could give our d-backs a hard time.

KC Jones
09-27-2000, 03:35 PM
****ing Warner gives all D backs a hard time...any D that can hold them to less then 21 points should give their team a chance to win...I hate to admit it but Warner looks like he's for real... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Are there anymore Arena League QBs out there?

Still think the Chiefs should win...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

ROYAL.WILLIE
09-27-2000, 03:38 PM
we shouldn't be looking this far ahead right now... but when in Rome...

47Mack is right when he mentions that Warner is going to destroy our DB's; did we notice how much room we were giving up to Rod Smith on Sunday?? We'll have to do more of the same against the Fantastic 4: Faulk, Holt, Bruce, and Az
The key is going to be Faulk, he does a great job of not taking a big hit; Warner will make some mistakes (as will Grbac)
Look at it this way: Their offense is alot better than our defense, but i am willing to say that our offense is alot better than their defense by at least the same margin.
It'll be a shootout with the chiefs winning at home: 35-31

kcred
09-27-2000, 04:00 PM
KC's D matches up pretty well with St Louis because we have good cover CBs, solid Safeties, and most importantly, an excellent LB corps. Bush, Patton and Edwards have done a great job containing 'underneath' patterns -- precisely what St Louis employs: they throw to those speedy WRs short, and allow their athleticism to make big plays. Our LBs are fast enough & cover well enough(especially Edwards) to slow that attack down. Our Secondary has done a good job containing WRs - they don't give up too many big plays (StLouis' other favorite attack method). Now, KC cannot hope to stop the Rams' offense -- I don't think any D could do that... including the '85 Bears. Our best hope is to contain them - hold them to FGs & knock the snot out of Warner. My biggest concern: Marshal Faulk & screens, draws and counters - the guy is a killer... our aggressive D makes us susceptable.

wutamess
09-28-2000, 06:52 AM
Thankfully this game is at Arrowhead. Not only do we get the HFA, but also the Rams aren't as explosive on grass. Honestly, I don't see the Chiefs winning this game, but if they can keep it close anything could happen. The problem is that I am sure the Rams are going to run a lot of multi-WR sets to bring Warfield/Bartee onto the field. I can see Warfield getting beaten deep a couple of times for TDs (like Jacquez Green did @ TB last season). We'd also better hope that the Rams defense isn't going through a resurgence right now too. They moved Kevin Carter to DT last week and switched a few other things, and ended up with a hatful of sacks against Atlanta. If they get pressure up the middle on Grbac consistently, we could be in trouble on offense aswell.

kcred
09-28-2000, 07:56 AM
Cormac - I watched that game... the Rams D looked great mainly because Atlanta's OL SUCKS! No, wait, they SUCK BIG TIME!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Haven't seen that many 'ole' blocks & total whiffs in my life! It was almost like the OL didn't want to block. Perhaps it was something Chandler said...

wutamess
09-28-2000, 08:23 AM
HardCore,

Hopefully we'll do a much better job at pass-blocking.......poor "Crystal Chandelier" http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif