PDA

View Full Version : Bronco's Rat Shanahan worked out Steve Bono on Tuesday

ROBHONDA
09-27-2000, 07:55 AM
Its true, go into the Denver Post bronco sight. If Griese does not pass his throwing test TODAY/Wednesday, Shanahan will sign BONO
to a contract for back up.........

HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR HARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
you've got to be kidding ME ?????!!!

ITS TRUE.

------------------
Chiefs Rock

Frazod
09-27-2000, 07:58 AM
No big deal ... it's friggin insurance. Look at the KC depth at QB. If he doesn't sign someone and then Gus headbutts something, then it's Drew's boy - Jarrius.

So, why not go find a QB that is at *least* somewhat familiar with the system.

G_Man
09-27-2000, 08:01 AM
Bono is the worst NFL QB I've ever seen. At least Leaf and Kordell have some physical talent.

They'd be better off signing Ted White to a one-year deal!

ColoradoChief
09-27-2000, 08:01 AM
Brad - It is still kind of funny, understanable, but it doesn't make it any less funny. You know, Deberg and Kenny might be available.

Frazod
09-27-2000, 08:04 AM
I think they should give Maddox another chance... BOOMER - BOOMER - BOOMER!!!

47mack
09-27-2000, 08:04 AM
That would be hilarious if they signed Bono.

The-Man
09-27-2000, 08:47 AM
Everyone here expected Marty Schottenheimer to win the Superbowl with Bono. What's changed now. You all thought Bono was good enough when blaming our playoff failure in 95 on Marty, so isn't Bono still good enough to win the Superbowl for the Donkey's? I mean since he was good enough for us and all.

Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Wrasse
09-27-2000, 09:01 AM
Bono NEVER had any talent. I was calling for Gannon every day back then, and noone was happier than me when Marty pulled the plug on "Oh-no" in 96. I blamed him and Lin Elliot for the 95 loss, not Marty.

Steve can't throw. He can't run. The only passing play that ever seemed to work with him was the "15-yard flea flicker", which I don't think I've ever seen before or since.

One thing though......as much as I hated having his no talent, pathetic butt on my team, I NEVER once booed him.

http://smsuperfan.tripod.com/chiefspin.gif

One Arrowhead Dave
09-27-2000, 09:28 AM
Cannibal-

"Everyone here expected Marty Schottenheimer to win the Superbowl with Bono."

Wrong.

Please do not put words in my mouth. It is unsanitary.

xoxo~
gaz
brushing his teeth.<BR>

The-Man
09-27-2000, 09:47 AM
Everyone was a bad choice of words.

I should have said numerous.

There are numerous people on this board that expected Marty to win the superbowl w/ Steve Bono, Lin Elliot, Willie Davis and Keith Cash. They blamed the 95 playoff loss soley on Marty Schottenheimer. [And I just had this conversation recently].

Now people are talking about how funny it is that Bono was worked out by Shannahan because Bono sucks so bad.

JOhn
09-27-2000, 09:51 AM
Initially I thought Bono would be a decent QB for us. It became obvious very quickly that he was a no-talent. I was pretty realistic about our chances with Bono and never thought we could win the SB with him. I'm shocked we got to the playoffs.

You could probably stand to back off the generalizations, Cannibal. Most of the membership on this board know that you are a brash & assertive individual. You have nothing to prove to us. I know you aren't here to make friends but it would be nice not to feel alienated by you.....

ALL generalizations are false! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

JOhn
09-27-2000, 09:52 AM
Cannibal,

It would only be funnier if Rat were working out Lin Elliot!

G_Man
09-27-2000, 09:55 AM
Maybe Bono just needs a little more time to develop. Paul Hackett's offense didn't help him, either.

BroncoFan
09-27-2000, 09:57 AM
Looks to me like it is poetic justice!!!

This is good news for us. Imagine Arrowhead if Bono was to step out on the field as a BRONCO--me thinks Elvis would not be the reason for the boos.

The-Man
09-27-2000, 09:57 AM
Phobia-

I agree that it is funny that they worked out Bono. I just don't like the double standard. I've actually read people's posts saying that Marty should have won the Superbowl w/ Bono.

I won't name names though. That's why my post appears to be a generalization.

The-Man
09-27-2000, 10:03 AM
dawsonpa-

I would love that!

It would be awesome to see Bono get crushed play after play.

I gaurantee you that he'd quit though. He'd fake an injury so he wouldn't have to play.

ROBHONDA
09-27-2000, 10:07 AM
I hope Bono does get hooked up with Denver.
I would love to see the bronko nation spin this.

I always thought it was the system, so any
pint sized QB should do the job. They've got a couple of QB's already, maybe its not the freaking system. Maybe it was #7 all along.

------------------
Chiefs Rock

Gaz
09-27-2000, 10:28 AM
Maybe the Rat will rethink his decision not to pursue Steve Young.

Luzap
09-27-2000, 10:50 AM
Please, Cannibal, name names...I want to hear this. Cut and paste the comments for all to see, make the eat their words.

Who in their right mind thought Marty was going to the SB with Bono?

The-Man
09-27-2000, 11:01 AM
That's okay Titus, the people who said it know who they are.

Naming names is not necessary.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 09-27-2000).]

Luzap
09-27-2000, 11:07 AM
Hey somebody! Let Cannibal know that Denise has stolen his password! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

I guess Im old fashioned, I allways thought the most honorable thing to do was if you were going to call someone out, you at least have the sack enough to call them by name.

Notice by my post to BroncoFan, when you are right, you're right.

The-Man
09-27-2000, 11:10 AM

The-Man
09-27-2000, 11:11 AM
Like I said they know who they are.

Maybe we'll see if the aforementioned has enough "sack" to come forward and admit what they said.

Luzap
09-27-2000, 11:18 AM
LOL! They do? Maybe you could help them remember. Geez it was only 4 years ago.

You know what I think, maybe you just made this up and that no one really said it.

Gaz
09-27-2000, 11:23 AM
It was me. I admit I have hopes that the Chiefs will win the SB every year, even when Todd Blackledge was QB.

(Although I must admit I wasn't on the board back then so I didn't actually post it)

The-Man
09-27-2000, 11:30 AM
Think what you want. You do seem awfully worried about it though.

Coogs
09-27-2000, 11:44 AM
I can't believe someone would've thought Bono was very good during the '95 season. I also add Marty to the blame list for that loss.

1) All season long Bono was lobbing balls up and our receivers were pulling them away from DBs. He was not throwing accurate strikes down the field, he was lucky. Bono did suck, but we were playing good enough to win in all other areas.

2) In the Colts loss, we kept going with pass plays despite Bozo's play, the cold weather, and how good we were doing with the run. That is why I blamed Marty in addition to Elliot and Bono.

See, you can think we we're going to get further than the Colts in the playoffs, AND blame it on Marty, AND think Bono was not a very good QB.<P>

Luzap
09-27-2000, 11:44 AM
Worried? Me? No. If you are trying to imply that I was one of those 'aforementioned', I would welcome you to paste any one of my posts where I said that. Since you wouldnt be able to do said feat, I am not worried.

I dont have a problem with who said it, it's laughable to even suggest. I do, however, have a problem with your accusation w/o being up front about who your talking about--that's a tired and cowardly tactic, that is better served staying on the other BB.

The-Man
09-27-2000, 11:48 AM
Actually what KCJones said is just about exactly what you said about 2 weeks ago KCTitus.

So do you guys think we could have won the Superbowl with Steve Bono?

Luzap
09-27-2000, 11:54 AM
Well, If I actually did say that 2 weeks ago then Im sure you can go back and find it and paste it here for me.

I have never posted anything like what KCJones said in the last two weeks.

So you were in fact accusing me of stating this nonsense, now I call on you to prove it. Do you know what the term Libel or Slander means?

The-Man
09-27-2000, 11:58 AM
I didn't cut and paste it, but you did say it. I was on another Carl Peterson rant while you were blaming our playoff losses on Schottenheimer.

So do you think we could have won the Superbowl with Bono at QB. Or do you think our lack of playoff success that year was due to lack of skill position talent?

Luzap
09-27-2000, 12:02 PM
You're in luck! NONE of the previous posts have been removed from this BB. Go ahead and find it...rather than talk out of your a$$ about it.

The first step is to post the 'evidence'...

The-Man
09-27-2000, 12:02 PM
Do you think we could have won the Superbowl with Bono at QB, or do you think our lack of playoff success that year was due to lack of skill position talent?

Luzap
09-27-2000, 12:03 PM
You're in luck! NONE of the previous posts have been removed from this BB. Go ahead and find it...rather than talk out of your a$$ about it.
The first step is to post the 'evidence'...<P>

The-Man
09-27-2000, 12:05 PM
It's a simple question...

Do you think we could have won the Superbowl with Bono at QB, or do you think our lack of playoff success that year was due to our lack of skill position talent?

G_Man
09-27-2000, 12:06 PM
KCTitus,

If you didn't say it, why were you the only one requesting a name from Cannibal after his first post on this topic? Seems like you KNEW who he was referring to the whole time...but how could you have known the post was directed at you if you didn't say it?

SOMEONE CALL CNN! We have evidence of telepathy right here on Chiefsplanet.com!!

Luzap
09-27-2000, 12:06 PM
Yes it is a simple question, however do dignify it with an answer would be to imply that somehow I posted this bullsh!t you keep referring to.

Why dont you go back and find what I posted. Maybe if you pull your head out and READ it, you wont look like such a jacka$$ right now.

Duck Dog
09-27-2000, 12:08 PM
Cannibal,

Surely you're not that simplistic?

Of course the Chiefs could have won the Super Bowl that year with Bono. A little luck here, a pass dropped there...

I would dare say that the best team in the NFL doesn't always go all the way (I can't believe you don't understand this).

Luz
going back to remedial football...

Luzap
09-27-2000, 12:08 PM
Hey, Clint. Read the 2nd paragraph of #27. It will answer your questions. That's me. When I accuse someone of something, I say it to their face rather than act like a pu$$y.

Thanks for jumping in.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 09-27-2000).]

The-Man
09-27-2000, 12:09 PM
Well then Luz, I don't expect to see you laughing at the Broncos for signing Bono.

Duck Dog
09-27-2000, 12:11 PM
Cannibal,

What's so difficult about this?

Of course I'll laugh my keester off if they do that! It's funny that one of our hated division rivals is reduced to signing our QB rejects!

Luz
can't you see that?...

[This message has been edited by Luzap (edited 09-27-2000).]

G_Man
09-27-2000, 12:14 PM
KCTitus,

I hardly believe that you're SOOOO concerned about some "anonymous poster", or Cannibal's "pus*y-like" tactics. I believe that you knew immediately that his comments were directed at you.

How you knew, considering you "never said it", remains a mystery.

The-Man
09-27-2000, 12:16 PM
Oh... okay, he was good enough to win the Superbowl for us, but for the Broncos he's a scrub.

That's exactly what I was talking about.

If anyone here is a P()ss it's KCTitus, he can't even answer a simple question.

Luzap
09-27-2000, 12:17 PM
Clint: What did I know again? All I did was see Cannibal post that 'everyone thought that Bono was going to take us to the SB', and then he reduced it once to 'numerous' people and all I did was ask him who and after a few 'back and forths' he did start accusing me.

Maybe I was lucky, I dont know.

That said, it's nonsense, I would never have posted anything like that and to me it's laughable to suggest.

Luzap
09-27-2000, 12:17 PM
What question Cannibal? Oh, yes, you are a coward...

The-Man
09-27-2000, 12:22 PM
You did say it and I'm not going to go back through hundreds of posts to try and find it.

You're the coward for not admitting it.

You know it's true or you wouldn't be acting like such a little biotch trying your damndest to deny it.

Luzap
09-27-2000, 12:35 PM
dont get mad Cannibal. It's your credibility. Im not denying anything. I cant you have proven nothing.

I have said now 2 times that your assertion is laughable at best. If you want, I can reciprocate and start making sh!t up that you said. I guess since it's ok for you to do it, I guess I can do it back. Right?

The-Man
09-27-2000, 12:38 PM
Tell you what KCTitus, I'll find it with my cable modem when I get home tonight. It'll make looking though the posts a little more tolerable.

But I will find it and when I do you will look like a complete fool and a wimp for not admitting it before this.

Luzap
09-27-2000, 12:51 PM
What am I admitting to? That I said Bono was going to take us to the SB? If that's what you claim I said, the 'fool' and 'wimp' monikers will stay where they are right now--with you.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 09-27-2000).]

Frazod
09-27-2000, 01:10 PM
Damn ... who da thunk that frickin Bono would spark such a debate?

Luzap
09-27-2000, 01:41 PM
I found the post...The one I 'think' Cannibal is referring to:

yeah, during that 13-3 regular season we relied on Elliott a lot didnt we? As I recall, we had some close games but in the end won most times NOT the result of Elliott.

Our TEAM led the league in rushing offense scoring, defense and turnover ratio. None of which showed up in that Indy game. Maybe we should have played like we did in the regular season rather than hide our heads in the sand like Marty allways did in the playoffs. But I digress...

I dont see where I mentioned Bono, but maybe Cannibal will be able to make the 'leap' in logic.

Chief Henry
09-27-2000, 01:45 PM
Boy,
are the Donx that DESPERATE that they will sign an EX-CHIEF QB????? ROTFLOMA!!

I wonder if our Donkey brotheren will consider this a "good" move??? I doubt it!

The-Man
09-27-2000, 01:48 PM
What topic was that on KCTitus?

Luzap
09-27-2000, 01:50 PM
The 'Will you all agree' post...

The-Man
09-27-2000, 02:21 PM
KCTitus Regular Post# 44
posted 09-14-2000 08:54 AM

Probably. Maybe we should have the type of team that doesnt RELY on kickers to win games. Thinking back to 1995, had we actually played football, we might not have needed to rely on ol' greasy toe elliott.

Cannibal Regular Post# 46
posted 09-14-2000 09:03 AM

The reason we had to rely on Elliot was because our skill players were Steve Bono, Willie Davis and J.J. Birden, none of which belonged in the NFL as starters for any team, let alone the Chiefs. RRBC didn't help either.

KCTitus Regular Post# 47
posted 09-14-2000 09:09 AM

yeah, during that 13-3 regular season we relied on Elliott a lot didnt we? As I recall, we had some close games but in the end won most times NOT the result of Elliott. Our TEAM led the league in rushing offense scoring, defense and turnover ratio. None of which showed up in that Indy game. Maybe we should have played like we did in the regular season rather than hide our heads in the sand like Marty allways did in the playoffs. But I digress...

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 09-14-2000).]

The above replies are what I was referring to. In number 46 I stated that our playoff failures were due to a lack a skill position talent and I mentioned STEVE BONO.

In your reply # 47, you insinuate that we had enough talent to win in the playoffs with the talent we had but that Marty Schottenheimer was at fault, "for having his head in the sand".

Admittedly, you did not say he Steve Bono was good enough to win the Superbowl here, but you did insinuate that he was good enough for the Chiefs to win in playoffs. <BR>

The-Man
09-27-2000, 02:24 PM
To sum it all up, people like you and others who thought the 95 playoff loss was Marty's fault and thought Steve Bono was good enough to win in the playoffs should not be laughing at the Broncos.

If he was good enough for us, he's good enough for them.

Luzap
09-27-2000, 02:36 PM
*sigh* wonderful leap in logic there, Cannibal, I applaud you. I said nothing about Bono, YOU did. I INSINUATED nothing.

You can apologize any time for your asinine accusation.

The-Man
09-27-2000, 02:40 PM
KCT-

If Marty had not had his "head in the sand" how far could Steve Bono have taken the Chiefs in 95?

Mosbonian
09-27-2000, 04:07 PM
OH-NO-BOOOONO is still out there? Damn! Perhaps the donks can make a Bono / Elliot package deal. Sign him rat.......P-L-E-A-S-E!!

seclark
09-27-2000, 04:25 PM
You two buoys stop that fighten and get in the house right now, take your bath & go to bed without any supper!!!!!!!!!!!

Luzap
09-27-2000, 04:57 PM
Cannibal: obviously you still have not read my post.

We led the league in rushing offensive scoring in 1995 yet we threw the ball. Who's fault is that? My guess would be the head coach for the dumbass game plan.

Also, our defense did not shut down Indy. Harbaugh went up and down the field. Who's fault was that? My guess would be the head coach for the dumbass game plan.

What this has to do with the price of tea in China, I will never know.

Just a sidenote: so you dont 'insinuate', 'infer' or otherwise read into this post, this post in no way is stating that Bono is a SB QB in any way shape or form.

(sad when I have to be this blunt, but now I understand why newspapers are written at a 4th grade level--maybe it should be lower)

The-Man
09-27-2000, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I understand why they’re written at a 4th grade level as well. Because people like you don't seem to be able to read and comprehend too well. Otherwise you might be able to read the questions I've asked you.

We'll try again:

If Marty's "head had not been in the sand", how far in your opinion would Bono have taken us?<BR>

Quarterback
09-27-2000, 08:41 PM
If Bono is tangible....It only shows the lack of capable QB's out there.

Wrasse
09-27-2000, 08:45 PM
Come on Rat.....sign Stevie boy!

http://smsuperfan.tripod.com/bono.gif

QBKirk
09-27-2000, 09:15 PM
What has Steve Bono been doing since getting waived?

I have to give major props to his agent for "rat"tling Shanny's cage that he is still alive.

Does this mean he is blaming Ferrotte for the loss. It must be nice to be a wide receiver (Smith), a DB (Crockett gave up those 3rd down completions and was right beside Alexander on that last catch), or the OL (allowed the Chiefs defender to smack Ferrotte's arm) in Denver.

Shanny sure does panic quickly about his QB situations doesn't he?

Luzap
09-28-2000, 06:23 AM
Cannibal: I refer you to #60. Read it again, and again, and it might just, maybe, possibly sink in. If not, try pressing your head up against your monitor and it might sink in through osmosis.

If you read it, you will find my answer.

The-Man
09-28-2000, 07:24 AM
No you still didn't answer the question.

You remind me of Clinton, only it's obvious that you're not nearly that intelligent.

Luzap
09-28-2000, 07:35 AM
LOL...this is fun. You still want to play?

Ok, you can retract your accusations and then I will dignify your question with an answer. Until then, you can continue to try to insult my intelligence, but it is you that are looking the fool.

Try to have a nice day.

The-Man
09-28-2000, 07:48 AM
I'm not "retracting" anything.

If you don't want to answer the question then don't answer it. I already know the answer anyway I just wanted to see you type it in a reply.

Luzap
09-28-2000, 08:01 AM
You know the answer? Hmm interesting. Since I have never yet once even mentioned Bono and you've got some hard on about the guy, I have no idea what you know.

Maybe you want to have steamy sex with the man.

You've more than proved to me that you're not a man enough to admit your mistakes. I was willing, had you found a quote from me about Bono, to admit I was wrong that's why I went looking for the quote. I found it and posted it and noted that it said nothing about Bono, but here you hard on and all stroking about Bono.

Maybe you could prove you are a man and stop this nonsense and admit your mistake.

The-Man
09-28-2000, 08:19 AM
"Hot Steamy Sex"?

You truly are a sick individual and have taken yourself to a new low. I thought you were above that. I know I've gotten under your skin, but don't you think you're overreacting a bit?

I made no mistake.

You said it was the coaches fault that we lost in the playoffs in 95, rather than not having enough skill position players. That is why I asked you if the coach had "coached a better game" how far would Bono have taken us. Because obviously you think we would have won the first game with him if not for Marty.

How far would the great Bono have taken us?

I don't see what's so hard to understand about this.

[This message has been edited by Cannibal (edited 09-28-2000).]

Luzap
09-28-2000, 08:26 AM
geez...I guess it's true. You can lead a horse to water but you cant make it drink.

In an effort to spare all of the other patrons from this any further...I will spell out my post as pasted from a couple of weeks back.

I blame Marty for the loss because he did go with the passing game rather than our running game. It was a mistake because of who our QB was. --do you understand now?

Our running game led the league in scoring and our Defense was tops that year as well. Neither of these two phases of the game were used to their potential. So, yes, it was Marty's fault for relying on Bono.

Now, please tell me the point of this? Please tell me where I stated that Bono was a SB QB? You can retract your BS anytime.

The-Man
09-28-2000, 08:28 AM
How far would Bono have taken us?

Luzap
09-28-2000, 08:29 AM
He took us nowhere. I think I've been more than fair, here, Cannibal. If you wish to continue to be a punk about it, you can email me at gtitus@kansascity.com.

Im through with this thread.

The-Man
09-28-2000, 08:35 AM
I agree he took us nowhere and wouldn't have taken us anywhere with any coach. Which is what I was getting at the entire time.

I'm through with this thread as well.