PDA

View Full Version : Flanagan on Dennis Miller

Chiefaholic
08-23-2000, 06:03 AM
Check out this bit from Jeff Flanagan's story in the Wednesday KC Star on Dennis Miller.

John M.

Did Dennis Miller officially drop his first F-bomb as a commentator on "Monday Night Football?" Some of us think he may have, including Christian Vedder, who brought up the subject while doing his sports stint for Randy Miller's morning show on Q-104.

"I'm trying to find some other people to confirm what I thought I heard," Vedder said.

Well, I thought I heard the same thing.

As ABC was showing Packers coach Mike Sherman on the screen, Al Michaels commented on how strange it looked to see Sherman have two microphones, a separate one coming from each headphone.

"Wow, quadraphonic," Michaels said.

That's when Miller appeared to say, "(F-bomb), it's Dolby, man."

ABC quickly went to a break without any laughter from Miller's partners, Michaels and Dan Fouts.

Hmmmm.

To reach Jeffrey Flanagan, call (816) 889-7827, enter JEFF (5333) and leave a message. Or send e-mail to jflanagan@kcstar.com <BR>

AustinChief
08-23-2000, 06:13 AM
I didn't hear it, but I did hear the assinine comment in the 4th quarter.

Miami is down by 4 and Miller states "Hey, guys, if they get this field goal and the extra point, we could be going to overtime."

Pure genius.

The Blessed Virgin Larry
08-23-2000, 06:30 AM
I didn't watch the game because I wasn't in the mood to listen to Miller. It's the first time that I've ever skipped a game because of the broadcaster. I'm NOT going to be able to stomach him for the whole season.

shakesthecat
08-23-2000, 07:03 AM
I hope he said it, then ABC will get rid of him, and he can use it as an excuse, to help his ratings, that way no lawsuits. I really don't care how they get rid of him, just do it.

Luzap
08-23-2000, 07:32 AM
Amen!

Chief Henry
08-23-2000, 07:35 AM
Hey Guys, I like Dennis Miller. Even if he did say the F Bomb, so what!!

------------------
EDDL

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-23-2000, 07:39 AM
EMZ - our problem isn't with dropping an F-bomb. The concensus is that Miller doesn't belong in the booth. I think most of us like him, too. Just not in a commentator booth.

I'm all about sense of humor & being a smart *** and I thought I could handle all he could dish out. However, multiple (non-funny) jokes on EVERY play is getting old quickly. If he were more selective, I think the show would be much better....

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 07:39 AM
EMZ96: other than it being a violation of FCC regulations, nothing I guess.

Having listened to him in 3 games, he's still trying too hard to be funny.

ddpatterson
08-23-2000, 07:41 AM
As a novelty, Miller was OK the first game. The novelty has worn out.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up</I>

CASHMAN
08-23-2000, 07:41 AM
I watched the game the other night... I like Miller. I think he should try not to look like such a slob, but I think he's funny.

C'mon - it's preseason... of course he's running through jokes at a rapid pace. Let's see how he does when the season is live. There is a learning curve, ya know.

htismaqe
08-23-2000, 08:21 AM
Mile High,

No one is up in arms about Miller, people just think he's bad at the job.

If this were Rush Limbaugh doing as poorly, do you think people would be saying, "c'mon, it's only preseason?"

I think Rush's detractors would be screaming holy terror to have him removed, especially if he said something like, "hell."

Luz
just an observation...

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 08:26 AM
I will give Miller and the boys some credit. They did discuss RBBC and how it was an abject failure.

Comparing it to another failure, beauracracy.

Why is it that everyone can see this but our coaching staff? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

ddpatterson
08-23-2000, 08:31 AM
Greg,
I really believe that Gun would like to change it, but he doesn't have that one back that he has faith in yet. If one of the backs currently on the roster steps up and just wows him, the SitCom will finally, mercifully, come to an end. If not, I fully expect him to make a push to address this issue next offseason.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up</I>