PDA

View Full Version : Trying this thing out...

ROBHONDA
08-22-2000, 04:06 PM
Well I finally made it over here and just wanted to see how this board looks.I also wanted to say hi to all the regulars from the Star board since I haven't been around much.

Coogs
08-22-2000, 04:07 PM
Welcome DartGod! Beware your name could win you a personal troll though. Explain later..

gotta go.

------------------
ct
the freedom of choice is truth
the fear to choose is [b]hypocrisy</B>

G_Man
08-22-2000, 04:08 PM
welcome to the NEW AND IMPROVED CHIEFS BB!!!!! dartgod.

------------------
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!

Dr. Red
08-22-2000, 04:20 PM
Welcome, Dartgod! Good to have you over here.

Mi Casa es Su Casa, or something like that.

Chi Town

AustinChief
08-22-2000, 04:21 PM
Glad to see you made it, Dartgod.

Here's to another great season of watching Chiefs Football! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb//biggrin.gif

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
www.nightwolfgraphics.com

BigMeatballDave
08-22-2000, 04:23 PM
Greetings dartgod. I just landed over here
this afternoon too. Its working good for me.

About football, I just hope the Chiefs have been sand bagging with their offense..

chiefsfan58
08-22-2000, 04:25 PM
Bob! Hey glad you could make it by! So what's for diner?! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb//smile.gif

htismaqe
08-22-2000, 04:28 PM
Welcome Dartgod,

Join the fray.

Luz
breaking out the cigars and brandy...

TheFly
08-22-2000, 05:04 PM
Hi Bob,Are you going to be posting info for the Chiefs BB Keeper league over here?

DaKCMan AP
08-22-2000, 05:14 PM
ansonsdad - Are you part of the league? If so who are you? Do you have the info?

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 08-22-2000).]

HankStram
08-22-2000, 05:17 PM
I must admit, whoever designed this BB did a great job. Kudos.

TheFly
08-22-2000, 05:19 PM
Yeah,I'm the Santa Fe Slackers,and I have the info.Just waiting to hear who everyone kept.

DaKCMan AP
08-22-2000, 05:21 PM
That makes sense. Not everyone has announced their keepers yet and we are 4 people short right now. Russ might take one of those spots, but 3 we have not heard from.

DaKCMan AP
08-22-2000, 05:23 PM
ansonsdad - BTW do you have any idea where you finished last season, we are trying to verify things so we can setup the draft order.

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-22-2000, 05:25 PM
If you guys need someone else, I'm in. Been trying to join a BB FFL for the past 2 years but my timing is always poor.

------------------
I'm still trying to find out what the definition of IS is.

DaKCMan AP
08-22-2000, 05:27 PM
Phobia - Send me an email to morphinism@hotmail.com and I will send you the info after we decide what we are going to do.

Duck Dog
08-22-2000, 09:40 PM
I really do like this BB. Before tonight, I thought that this would be a place for lurking, but I am working on getting my regular status. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Pam
educating for the future :)

Mosbonian
08-22-2000, 09:41 PM
Pam,

Only 13 posts to go!

------------------
Jim Reynolds

Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

Duck Dog
08-22-2000, 09:46 PM
Cool,
But me thinks it will have to be tomorrow. 6:30 comes early.

------------------
Pam
educating for the future :)

AustinChief
08-22-2000, 09:54 PM
Bob - Hello and welcome. Glad you could make it.

AustinChief
08-22-2000, 09:56 PM
Morph - If you need someone, I am in.....

So far it has been a lot of fun working with the other FFL.

Email me and let me know what to do.

------------------
Puttin' on my game face!

TheFly
08-22-2000, 11:21 PM
Morphius-Sorry to disappear on ya.I may have finished second.As I recall,I had a chance to win it in the last week,but lost my final game.There were a couple other teams in the running as well,I just didn't pay much attention who was third,fourth,etc because I knew I hadn't won.I led the league in scoring though,so that's why I think I was second.

ROBHONDA
08-23-2000, 07:03 AM
If I remember right I finished in 5th place. I was in first most of the season and had a bad 2 or 3 weeks at the end.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 07:33 AM
Does anyone have a problem letting Kloster take Dartgod's friends team? It will be his first league, so it could be fun.

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-23-2000, 07:36 AM
Uh - correction, Morph. Not my first league, just my first BB related league. I may not win the whole thing but I'll score some serious points. That, I'll guarantee.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 07:36 AM
I should add that so far we have heard from 7 of the original and the only keepers I'm missing so far are the Slammers (Dharv) and Dartgods. That means that there is a spot for Russ as well if we don't hear anything from anyone else.

Dartgod - Was Zimmerman the one that is going to be gone?

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 07:37 AM
Phobia - I try to help you out and you come back with that, sheesh. (grin)

Luzap
08-23-2000, 07:37 AM
Luz,

Can you fax one of them cigars and brandies?

It's going to be a long day!

:d

Dev
~trying to get rid of the lurker status...

ROBHONDA
08-23-2000, 07:47 AM
Yeah that was Zimmermans team. I'm sure he won't be back. Kloster can take it if he wants. Can you post my roster here and I'll let ya know my keepers today?

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 07:48 AM
Morph: I sent mine in this AM and my brother told me that he sent his in as well.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 08:02 AM
Phobia - Pick 4 players from the list, all must play diff posistions and 1 must be a defensive player.

Jeff Blake, Brian Griese, Gus Ferotte, Edgerrin James, Terry Allen, Robert Smith, Brian Mitchell, Michael Westbrook, Kevin Johnson, Derrick Mayes, Corey Bradford, Terrell Owens, David LaFleur, Olindo Mare, Dexter Coakley, Micheal Barrow, Donnie Abraham, Todd Lyght, Willie Williams, Troy Vincent

Dartgod - Here is your list of players:
Mark Brunell, Chris Chandler, Marshall Faulk, Rickey Watters, Richard Huntly, Priest Holmes, Darnay Scott, Albert Connell, Sean Dawkins, Tony Martin, Rod Smith, Rickey Dudley, Tony McGee, Brett Conway, Greg Biekert, Shawn Barber, Chris Dishman, Victor Green, Marquez Pope

Titus - I received them both, I also have a list from Rocky and expect him to actually sign up for the league some time today.

ROBHONDA
08-23-2000, 09:41 AM
Jeff, here is my list of keepers:

Mark Brunell-QB
Marshall Faulk-RB
Albert Connell-WR
Greg Biekert-LB<P>

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-23-2000, 09:55 AM
Blake
James
Westbrook
Vincent

Not a lot to choose from. I should have let you pick.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 09:55 AM
Dartgod - Got it.

Kphobia - Come on now you wanted in...

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-23-2000, 11:07 AM
Can I take back the post where I said I was gonna score a lot of points? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 12:45 PM
Kphobia - Got your picks on file...

Andrew showed up so we have one person who has not shown up and that spot is Russ Bliss's unless the user claims it. Only missing DHarv's keepers.

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 12:53 PM
Have we figured out the draft order/finishing order? Sorry, I shouldve Cut and pasted that post from last year...

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 01:00 PM
Titus - We have a bunch of people fighting for the middle of the pack.

1 - Me
2 - Nathan
3 - Gregg
4 - DHarv ?
5 - Dartgod ?
6 - Rocky ?
7 -
8 -
9 - Slackers
10-

Andrew, Kphobia and Russ I'm waiting on. I think if we can't figure it out then we should move the newbies to 9th and 10th.

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 01:03 PM
Im pretty sure those top 5 are right. I know Zimmerman didnt win, cause it was someone who posted on the BB.

I thought it was Rocky's team.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 01:17 PM
I can't believe I didn't cut and past the results from last year. I will have to check my PC again tonight to see if I can find something, but have been unlucky so far. Of course it is probably on paper somewhere barried at home. Ughh.

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 01:18 PM
I actually did stumble onto some of my old FFL print outs and thought they might be useful, but they were weeks 4, 5, 6...

No good for anything.

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 01:21 PM
Morphius,

1. Why do you have a question mark by my name and .........

2. Did you really finish in last place?

TheFly
08-23-2000, 01:23 PM
KCTitus-I might be able to recall who won the league if I saw the team names.I know I spent a good part of the season looking over my shoulder.

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 01:24 PM
Morph: post the names, would you?

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 01:26 PM
Dr Red - Rocky also tried to claim 5th or 6th place, so I put ? next to them, but that is the order I'm going with so far.

I started off losing the first 8 and have no RB's as keepers right now. It was pretty pathetic and I was never anywhere but last place all season long. Though Nathan only beat me by one game.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 01:31 PM
Kansas City Bullseyes, Bob Sherman
Kansas City Monarchs, ROXE ZIMMERMAN
KC Slammers, Tim Brister
Iceland Jookies, Gregg Titus
Papillion BugEaters, Jeff Packard
Santa Fe Slackers, mike schwegmann
Kansas City Pyscho's, Tim Andrew
Richmond Hopheads, Nathan Titus
KC Big red bashers, D. Harvey
Colorado KC, Rocky Mueller

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 01:34 PM
Well you and I both know I finished in the bottom half.

Since I've ran leagues in yahoo and currently run one I don't see how we are going to do the keeper thing. I'm all for it cause it's something I haven't done before.

Yahoo doesn't have the format for that I believe. Have you researched this?

The autodraft will distribute players wherever it wants and will not take into account that we are a keeper league. You can go into the league options as a commisioner and check out what you can do.

Otherwise we need to e-mail yahoo if there isn't an answer to our question of how to do a keeper situation in our league on the FAQ.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 01:42 PM
Dr Red - Basically it will take some work on our parts, and there will have to be some trust involved. I will send the list in two parts the first is who saved who (I have verified them all so far), the second list is by position.

If we stick with auto this year we will do the following things, if we do live we will draft the players first.

1 - Each person will have to move these players to the bottom of the rankings, so that they do not get drafted.

2 - We then do the draft as normal.

3 - We then drop the players we don't want and sign our keepers.

It is a pain, but worth a try.

TheFly
It may have been Tim Brister that won,although I am not certain.Is there any way to dig up last years standings at Sandbox?

Raiderhater
Slammers and Monarchs were #1 and #2.

I believe ansonsdad is right.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 08-23-2000).]

htismaqe
08-23-2000, 01:50 PM
Since you all seem to be FFL types, Bob Dole found it interesting that Tony G. was the highest ranked KC fantasy player on the CNNsi list at #21 (one spot behind Keyshawn Johnson and one ahead of Drew Bledsoe). Elvis came in at #28 (just ahead of Ricky Williams) with Slymo at #77 (one behind Tim Couch and one ahead of Jeff Garcia and ahead of both Rod Smith and Ed McCaffrey).

<a href="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/fantasy/football/news/2000/08/22/si_pvr/">Player Value Rankings</a>

[This message has been edited by Robert_Dole (edited 08-23-2000).]

TheFly
08-23-2000, 01:54 PM
Wow, they think highly of Sylvester Morris!

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 02:05 PM
Brister won, and he is the one guy that has not said anything about being back.

Gregg - Slammers said they finished in 6th, Slackers finished in second?

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 02:06 PM
Brister was the owner of the Slammers correct? Or did you mean Psycho's.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 02:10 PM
Titus - Ouch, my brain hurts. OK, for some reason Harv are the Slammers this year, hence my confusion.

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 02:11 PM
First I never said I finished sixth. I said I finished last. Ken e-mailed me saying he thought I finished 7th.

I'm the slammers.

I will look forward to picking second.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 02:14 PM
DrRed - I remember that it was Titus's little brother that was one game from last, I remember very well that Nathan and I could have switched place the last week, only I lost and he won, neither of us advanced.

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 02:15 PM
This is the final order of who won, isn't it? This looks familiar to me.

Kansas City Bullseyes, Bob Sherman
Kansas City Monarchs, ROXE ZIMMERMAN
KC Slammers, Tim Brister
Iceland Jookies, Gregg Titus
Papillion BugEaters, Jeff Packard
Santa Fe Slackers, mike schwegmann
Kansas City Pyscho's, Tim Andrew
Richmond Hopheads, Nathan Titus
Colorado KC, Rocky Mueller

<BR>

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 02:16 PM
DrRed - BTW who is Ken?

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 02:21 PM
Sorry, Dr. Red that is WAY OFF. I know for a fact that it went:

Jeff
Nathan
Me

The reason I know this is because that was the only thing to be excited about with 1 or 2 weeks left in the season.

There's no way you finished Last, 9th or 8th.

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 02:21 PM
Hey jeff shot ya back and e-mail.

I'm keeping:

QB- Steve McNair, RB- Corey Dillion, WR- Chris Carter and LB- Derrick Brooks.

Hell guys, I don't care where we pick I just don't want a bunch of guys who won last year picking before guys who did worse in a fricken keeper league. It's unfair and don't make sense.

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 02:23 PM
Morph,

I meant jeff. I wish
we had a copy of the finish from last year. Then there would be no question.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 02:25 PM
DrRed - I agree, and I would have the data available had I not moved. Sherman fell a bunch of places in the last 2 weeks after holding first almost all year long. I will see what I can dig up, but I'm pretty sure you were in the bottom half of the draft.

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 02:27 PM
Drew Bledsoe was my only QB. Jake Plummer was my backup.

We know what he did last year. There's no way I won or was even top five. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 02:29 PM
I know I didn't finish any better than 7th so I should at least draft 4th or higher.

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 02:30 PM
Dr. Red: what was your team name? Are you D.Harv?

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-23-2000, 02:31 PM
How 'bout we just do the order alphabetically by team name?

Phil
GM of AAAAAAAPhobia

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 02:34 PM
Steve Mcnair was always injured last year and you all know what dilfer and garcia did. My tight ends and defense sucked last year also. There's no way I did well last year.

QB: Steve McNair (Ten)
Trent Dilfer (TB)
Jeff Garcia (SF)

RB: Corey Dillon (Cin)
Erict Rhett (bal)
Napoleon Kaufman (Oak),
Ken Oxendine (Atl)
Karim Abdul-Jabbar (Cle)
WR: Cris Carter (Min)
Mushin Muhammad (Car)
Ed McCaffrey (Den)
Troy Edwards (Pit)
Rob Moore (Ari)

TE: Stephen Alexander (Was)
Cameron Cleelan (NO)

K: Gary Anderson (Min)

D: Derrick Brooks (TB)
Barry Minter (Chi)
Andy Katzenmoyer (NE)
Lance Schulters (SF).<BR>

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 02:35 PM
Yes I'm d.harv.

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 02:37 PM
D. Harv did finish 7th, right behind me.

I thought you were Tim Brister. The Slammers last year were the winners not the team called Slammers this year.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 08-23-2000).]

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 02:46 PM
This is ugly, sorry about some of the confusion. After I hear from one guy the order should be set. Anyone think giving Brister till Friday is not long enough, since most of you got the email last week. Harv it took me a while to get it to you because I had to do some real digging to find your email again.

Raiderhater
08-23-2000, 02:50 PM
Morph: if he doesnt respond by Friday, we've got to move on. That only leaves us that last week to get our draft straightened out, rankings done before the start of the season.

Wont Yahoo cut off around the 31st for Drafts?

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 02:59 PM
Titus - I sent Russ and email this morning and told him to pick his keepers, so we can move quickly. Rocky said he would log into yahoo tonight and create his team.

TheFly
08-23-2000, 06:02 PM
Yikes-You guys deserve to pick first just for thinking so hard.Thanks for shouldering the load.

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 08:32 PM
We need to have a backup plan in case yahoo puts someone's keepers on someone else's team.

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 08:34 PM
I guarantee you it will mess up cause your depending on all 10 players to move 40 players to the complete bottom of their preferences. Someone is gonna forget something cause this is a human process.

DaKCMan AP
08-23-2000, 09:03 PM
Dr Red - You know a little more about Yahoo then I do, this is my first time there. I think what I'm seeing in the rankings we should be able to put all of our keepers first so that we get them and then rank the other players appropriatly.

There is no way to do it so that if someone makes a mistake, unless we all have our profiles set so that Dartgod can mess with our teams. We will have to work on an honer system and if anyone drafts another teams player make him give it up. It was something I warned about at the end of last season, so for this season I can't think of a better way to do it. Of course if Dartgod could put the players on our teams before the draft that would be cool, but I doubt it will let us do that.

Bob Dole
08-23-2000, 10:46 PM
I totally believe that the honor system will be followed in this situation. It unfortunate though that the computer could of autodrafted another player instead of the one that will have to be given up.

I like yahoo though and once the ball is rolling it's better than sandbox.

G_Man
08-23-2000, 11:00 PM
Well there is DR. RED the MANNNNNNNN !!!!!!!! what is up dude? looks like i have a tough team on the yahoo fantsy lg.
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

------------------
HAVE A NICE DAY!!!!