PDA

View Full Version : Peter King's MMQB

AustinChief
10-23-2000, 08:14 AM
So Bob Dole has been waiting for it all morning, just to see what ol' Pete has to say about KC's dismantling of the Lambs.

He moves KC to number 9 in his Top 10 and names Gun his Coach of the Week. That's it.

Bob Dole is disappointed there wasn't more commentary on the game.

KC Hawke
10-23-2000, 08:16 AM
is that a power poll of some sort Bob Dole?

Quarterback
10-23-2000, 08:29 AM
It just shows how biased thr media has become. After the game, noone relly wanted to know how the Chiefs did it. Stopped the best offense in the league. Instead, they fawned all over MM. Asking him what went wrong, and are you guys ok. What about how we are a bigger, more physical team who PUNISHES QB's. We desrve major props, but we'll never get them, because they all predicted the Chiefs to suck this year.

AustinChief
10-23-2000, 08:32 AM
The ranking is just his opinion of things.

Bob Dole noticed, too, that most of the articles seem to be of a "what happened to the Rams?" nature, rather than "KC really put it to the defending world champs."

Oh well...life as a Chiefs fan.

Milissa
10-23-2000, 08:38 AM
i listened to kmox radio out of st.louis last night...pretty funny, really. the announcers and callers did make a big deal out of kc tailgaters and admitted there was no comparison between cities. no place like arrowhead.
sec

KC Jones
10-23-2000, 08:38 AM
What did I hear from the Rams media guide...oh yeah...how they made too many mistakes, too many turnovers, too many hurt players, etc....of course that was only on offense...they didn't bother to explain how their defense allowed 47 points...just because you turn the ball over doesn't mean the other team has to scores...and besides...didn't we get just like 17 points off the turnovers...7 on the block...means we scored 30 on our own...hey if you ask me...they are an overrated team that met their first good team yesterday...

you know what I have to say...read the thread I'm about to start...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

pauly24_76
10-23-2000, 11:39 AM
Well...not only did Peter King say little...but T.J.'s take on ESPN.com was a joke. He listed his top ten teams...and the Chiefs didn't break the list...but the RAVENS were in the top ten after several weeks of poor play. How can the Ravens be listed in front of the chiefs in ANY opinion poll? Geeze...what league is he watching?