PDA

View Full Version : Rationalization? 17-4.....

JOhn
10-23-2000, 10:31 AM
is the combined record of the opponents in our 3 losses. The combined margin of loss is 19 points. 2 of the games were decided by a combined 6 points. Clearly, our coaching staff made poor decisions in all of those losses. This team can play wide open and I anticipate they will throughout the remainder of the season....

For those of you predicting 9-7 or below, do you wish to modify your predictions at this juncture?

DoktorSmith
10-23-2000, 10:46 AM
Boy, you ain't kiddin. If we play like that from now on, I think we are going to see some serious points. I think it is fairly obvious that we can play the Rams game on offense BETTER than they do, and our defense is obviously a HUGE factor. Sorry I missed you yesterday Phil. My girlfriend inadvertantly turned off my alarm and by the time I woke up, it was too late to drive over. I really wish I could have been ther with you guys, especially to share the experience with fellow Chief fans. Did you guys have fun?

JOhn
10-23-2000, 10:52 AM
It's cool, Dave. Next time, I'll give you a wake-up call. It was slightly disappointing to have so many no-shows but we made the best of it. I was skeptical that the people from out of town would make it and it looks like I was right. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

JCL was on a hunting trip and drove in from Centerville. He arrive near the beginning of the 2nd quarter. We'll have to schedule another "party" soon. Nov 5th @ Oakland would be cool since we have a debt to pay....

DoktorSmith
10-23-2000, 11:01 AM
Ooooohhhh, that could be a nasty game for the Raiders. I am sure we will pay them in full.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Ugly Duck
10-23-2000, 11:13 AM
If think about it the Rams are just like the Raiders of the mid 90's all the talent in the world but folds under pressure(playing real football teams). http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

[This message has been edited by ChiefPriority (edited 10-23-2000).]

Phobia
10-23-2000, 11:42 AM
No, I think I will stick with 9-7. Four other losses. Oakland, New England, Buffalo and I have a bad feeling about the last game against Atlanta, so that is four more losses. I admit that 10-6 is more likely than it was but the long road string (5 of 6) makes 10-6 the best I see for us.

Mi_chief_fan
10-23-2000, 11:44 AM
Logical,
you really think we're going to lose to Buffalo at home?
Based on what?

TEX
10-23-2000, 01:07 PM
I'll take the 5th. (8-8 looks conservative I'll admit). We've just got to run the table in the division... I'd feel much better then

Phobia
10-23-2000, 11:41 PM
Historical problems beating two AFC East teams, one is Miami (the jinx is alive from the longest game) and Buffalo. Buffalo has a great Defense and when it gets cold we will return to the conservative style that Buffalo will stop. Finally Flutie is the same style QB as Gannon with magical type luck to go with it. The Chiefs do not do well in containing those type of QBs (See Gannon, Harbaugh as prime examples). I hope I am wrong but that is my take.

CASHMAN
10-23-2000, 11:49 PM
Hey Chief fans.. Never mind us.. Just look right by and start focusing on the game after us , Cause we won't be a problem at all for you.

Chalk it up as a "W"

Holmgren is calling Sunday opening day 2, He's trying to fire the players up by challenging them to win all their games in the 2nd season(if you will) You gotta try something to fire these guys up! We'll see

Please dont embarass me Seahawks!....Joe

flowergirl
10-23-2000, 11:57 PM
No way Joe, I am not falling for that one. Trying to soften us up are you? In this day and age of parity anything can happen. Your damn Seahawk team is built to play well against us, and they always do. We have way too many problems in Seattle to take this one lightly...

CASHMAN
10-24-2000, 12:10 AM
BTW,
If anyone on the BB finds themselves at the Chiefs game in Seattle, It would be cool to hook up. Go to the boats... Go to the Ballard yankee diner boat before the game, at halftime, or after the game and I would be happy to buy a beverage or two of your choice...south end of the stadium, cant miss it! remember no alcohol sales at Husky stadium.....Joe

Chiefnj
10-24-2000, 12:22 AM
Relax, Wolf. No problemo, you guys should plan on not trying very hard, rest yourselves. Heck, don't even put the first stringers on the plane for that long, nasty ride. This one is in the books, no need to prepare. Trust me...

CASHMAN
10-24-2000, 12:32 AM
Listen to Duck Wolf, He is a man of wisdom and Seahawk smacking experience....Joe

if you need something to listen to for a few minutes check ot Holmys press conference....
http://playlist.broadcast.com/makeplaylist.asp?id=598652

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 10-24-2000).]