PDA

View Full Version : Which Regulars have been missing lately?

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-24-2000, 10:47 AM
I haven't seen much of Gaz lately on here, which led me to wondering, of all the regulars, who has been missing here as of recently?

mmaddog

Cormac
10-24-2000, 10:49 AM
Postman Al.... I just emailed him to see whats up.

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-24-2000, 10:53 AM
jq:

I hope he hasn't gone postal and been put away for a few weeks. That loss to you guys was enough to make him "go mail".

BTW, what's your take on the Chiefs/Hawks game this week? You think Holmgren has given up the season and is playing for an additional 1st round draft pick, or do you think he will pull the upset this week?

mmaddog

------------------
Knock, Knock..Who's there? Dewey..Dewey Who?
Dewey Remember These...Yes We Do...

Cormac
10-24-2000, 10:59 AM
Actually I think Holmgren has too much pride to tank a season...... From the look on his face after the game Sunday, I think you'll see an inspired effort from his team.
Seattle is weak in the trenches and it hurts them.

ansonsdad
10-24-2000, 11:00 AM
Mark - I don't know how much of an upset it would be to lose to a division rival at their house. We have had a traditionally difficult time with Seattle on their turf.

I expect this to be a hard fought game, with 9 points or less deciding the outcome. Of course, the Chiefs will win http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

BTW, haven't seen much of Gaz, Austin Chief, Wolfman (I think he posts in the evening now) or Bronco Chic (she couldn't keep off this BB for a while - I think this last loss to the Gals just killed her).

Cormac
10-24-2000, 11:04 AM
I also haven't seen much of Jim Reynolds (logical).... I like reading his insights.

Phobia
10-24-2000, 11:12 AM
Mark and JQ

Been on vacation the last two weeks. Attended the Raider game, congrats JQ. I also unfortunately totaled my 2000 Jaguar (minor scratches for me and a bruised shoulder from the shoulder harness), so I have been dealing with that. But I am back now. I

[This message has been edited by Logical (edited 10-24-2000).]

Cormac
10-24-2000, 11:23 AM
Wow.... mention someones name and they appear..

Okay.... Salma Hayak!
Jennifer Alba!

KUmmPUKE
10-24-2000, 02:06 PM
Will be a regular some time in the season can't seem to shake the LURKER tag j/k know that it take so many post's

CHIEFS 54
WOW

JOhn
10-24-2000, 02:12 PM
18 more posts for you, head.

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 02:42 PM
I had sinus surgery on Thursday and did not feel much like posting afterwards; too busy trying to keep my brains from leaking out through my nostrils.

Between the painkillers, the Broncos losing to Cincinnati and the Chiefs DOMINATING the Rams, I felt much better by Sunday.

xoxo~
gaz
still draining gallons of unsavory fluids from his head.<BR>

Gaz
10-24-2000, 02:44 PM
Doesn't sound like any fun Gaz.

Hope you get to feeling better.

CASHMAN
10-24-2000, 02:47 PM
Sinus surgery? Yikes! that does not sound fun at all, hope your feeling better.

I hope they put you out when they operated!....Joe

Gaz
10-24-2000, 02:49 PM
Maybe Gaz won't be out of breath on the dreaded 2 wheeler from heck.

One Arrowhead Dave
10-24-2000, 03:08 PM
Thanks, all.

There was a very BRIEF conversation concerning local Vs general anesthetic. I advised the ENT surgeon that if he planned shoving sharp implements up my nose under local anesthetic, he had best install some hard restraints on the bed. He came around to my POV and I was out of it for the surgery.

I am apparently in the running for the gold medal for septum deviation. I am a contender, baby!

Recovery from this surgery consists of mopping copious drippage in a startling assortment of colors and viscosities and consuming warmfuzzy painkillers while your nose oh so slowly shrinks back to normal size.

xoxo~
gaz
first time he can recall being happy about shrinkage.

[This message has been edited by Gaz (edited 10-24-2000).]

BroncoFan
10-24-2000, 03:29 PM
I am here, just can't post as much during the school year.

Gaz,
Hope ya get to feeling better!

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-24-2000, 03:42 PM
Gaz:

Thanks for making me spew my HI-C Orange drink all over my computer here at work. Now I know why we missed your presence...You seem to have an odd way with words no matter what the situation.

I was on the sidelines for a couple of days myself after the Raiders game, thanks to the spineless efforts of our Coaching staff and my inability to recognize the damage that can be done punching the floor no matter how thick the carpet is. The cast stays on for another few days and then I get my writing hand back.

Logical:

Good to hear that you came out of the wreck physically o.k., but I feel your pain in losing the Jag.

To all others who have been AWOL for even a short time, welcome back.

------------------

BroncoFan
10-24-2000, 03:46 PM
I like that statler song Kilgore.

Tex ritter and all

RAGTOPRAIDER
10-24-2000, 03:51 PM
Gaz-
A good bud of mine had a septum spanking some years ago, and wound up with a lovely raccoon bruise across his eyes. Do you anticipate the Lone Ranger look? If so, avoid 7-11's. Masks make those folks nervous.
sniff, sniff.

Phobia
10-24-2000, 05:34 PM
Mark,
I appreciate your understanding on the car.

Gaz,
Sounds brutal, recover quickly.

Out for now

ColoradoChief
10-24-2000, 05:59 PM
Logical - Good to hear that your are doing OK, hope for your sake that it was someone else's fault, or real good insurance.

Gaz - Hope you start to feel better soon, I kind of understand why you would get that surgery, I don't breath much out of my nose either...

Cormac
10-24-2000, 06:10 PM
Man... all these post Raider game injuries... Coincedence??

Hope you guys get off IR before the game in Oakland, hehe.....

Tom_Barndts_Twin
10-24-2000, 06:45 PM
Gaz:

So glad you are back! What were your thoughts on Sundays game? Did you enjoy Faulk puking? What about Warner being sacked? 4-6 weeks out?

I picture you with an empty horse feeder on looking something like "Saturday Night Live"'s Theodoric of York skit! With the drainage and all! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Stryker
hope all is well!

Yosef_Malkovitch
10-24-2000, 08:15 PM
Pam:

Didn't think anyone would recognize the lyrics......I am a longtime Statler Brother fan, one of the oddities of my varied musical tastes.

mmaddog

------------------

htismaqe
10-24-2000, 09:21 PM
Well, I feel loved http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Actually I have been on more lately, but wife gets cranky if i spend to much time on here.

But hey I guess I wasn't missed that much http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

ColoradoChief
10-24-2000, 09:23 PM
Nevermind...

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 10-24-2000).]

10-24-2000, 11:13 PM
JOhn! I was wondering if you'd given up in disgust after Gun decided to abolish the committee. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

How are you taking it?

htismaqe
10-25-2000, 09:12 AM
Yosef,
Actually I have been calling for 1 back...

START MOREAU!!!!

One Arrowhead Dave
10-25-2000, 09:22 AM
Stryker-

I watched the game in disbelief. I was stunned. Until the last few minutes, I was certain that the Rams would uncork it and blow past us. Sure, we had all discussed how we could shut down the Rams, but I for one did not think it possible that ¾ of our main coaching staff could possibly hold it together for an entire 60 minutes. Historical precedent was certainly against it. I was wrong and eat my serving of humble pie with delight.

I could not have designed it from scratch any better than it turned out. The INT from Hasty was the perfect beginning to a rout of the pretty boyz of the NFL. And who better to open the can of whupass?

The only complaint would be kickoff coverage on ST. Maybe they were just tired from kicking off so much. Thank goodness Sauerbrun can tackle.

It was a textbook example of an attacking, aggressive Offense and Defense. It was what I always knew my Chiefs could be with the proper game plan and fearless attitude. And coming on the heels of the violation of my sinus cavities, the good vibes no doubt made me heal faster.

xoxo~
gaz
still riding the high from that game [but it could be the lortabs]<BR>

One Arrowhead Dave
10-25-2000, 09:27 AM
Well, folks, I gotta go. Today the Good Doctor is removing the plastic splints that held my septum in place. BTW, For those who had this surgery before, I am pleased to declare zero external bruising. Clean living apparently DOES have some beneficial side effects...

Hasta, y’all.

GO CHIEFS!

xoxo~
gaz
ready to start breathing again.<BR>

Hoover
10-25-2000, 02:36 PM
Gaz,
Good luck, here's to a speedy complete recovery.