PDA

View Full Version : Lurkers' Moving Over As Well...

ChiTown
08-21-2000, 01:27 PM
Lurkers post here as to why you moved!!

I don't post much but read a lot. The day of all the political post occurred was great. I was quite hooked. Football fans are passionate people re:fan=fanatic. Fanatics can feel strongly about their convictions. It should suprise no one that politics can be fanatical.

Now you guys can post anything you want...I'll read all about it. It makes for interesting reading whatever the topic.

**AA GGAATTZZ**
In the closet and liking it!

Dr. Red
08-21-2000, 01:33 PM
I have been moved to here because of the lack of reliability of the kc star's site. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif<P>

JOhn
08-21-2000, 01:42 PM
Welcome Brett, lurker or no, new folks are allways welcome.

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 01:47 PM
Brett, Welcome. I imagine the honeymoon will be over real soon and people will start keeping your interest once again.

Glad you made it.

TheFly
08-21-2000, 01:53 PM
I don't know if I'm a lurker [I like to think of myself as occasional contributor]. But I'm over here b/c I got kicked off the board [after 3 years w/o incident] the day before the politics brouhaha.

My sin, suggesting someone [I think it was JoeB] "lighten up" about the innuendo etc. on the board. This was the post where JoeB [and if your out there Joe, I really meant no malice in suggesting a lighter approach] was complaining that he couldn't let his grandkids read the board. Then the posts with the dubious double meanings [cigarette - fag, (bowling) ball, etc.] started. Then Joe called the posters something like "classless idiots" and I suggested he approach things with a little more humor.

ALL my posts were pulled and my login was revoked. I e-mailed asking for an explanation three times. Then when the political blow-up occurred I read the writing on the wall and gave up on the site. [Though I do admit a base compulsion to go back and read the present tripe for a chuckle].

I, like I think a lot of people, liked the fact that you got to know people and could reliably bounce stuff off them and get useful feedback. This "Chiefs threads only" B.S. is like someone inviting you over for a dinner party, get together to watch the Chiefs play, then yells at every one who makes small talk in the den or the kitchen.

Unless things improve, I think KansasCity.com just threw its last Chiefs dinner party worth going to.

Kurt Surber
08-21-2000, 02:11 PM
Lurker,
This is JoeB. You must have mistaken me for someone else. No. 1, I didn't have that conversation with anyone, and:
No. 2, I'm only 26, I have no grandkids(none that I know of, at least). Actually, I don't think I ever read the particular thread you were talking about.

Kurt Surber
08-21-2000, 02:13 PM
Sorry lurker, I meant JC Johnny.

TheFly
08-21-2000, 02:16 PM
Actually, I think it was JoeCool. Knew it was Joe something.

Kurt Surber
08-21-2000, 02:17 PM
Too many Joe's?

BroncoFan
08-21-2000, 02:19 PM
That was Joe-Cool crying about his grandkids... I was really trying to be PC about the whole thing but he was pussing out.

mystery dude
08-21-2000, 02:23 PM
nice board...Good job!

TheFly
08-21-2000, 02:24 PM
KPhobia - I'm still enjoying this great new site too much to get too pi&*ed [remember, use your punctuation substitutions judiciously] about events back on the dead board.

ChiTown
08-21-2000, 04:20 PM
I did it, I posted my second topic. Whew, now I'm good for a year.

Lurker-in-Chief

Michael Michigan
08-21-2000, 09:13 PM
Hello all,

I was a long time lurker on the old board as well but I rarely posted. I was more than happy to move over to this board. Censorship is for communists.