PDA

View Full Version : No Chief running game = Raider Win!!!

BroncoFun
11-01-2000, 11:32 AM
The pathetic Chief ground attack which is averaging 3.2 yds per carry will spell doom for the Chiefs Sunday in Oakland. The Raider pass defence is much stronger than either the Rams or Seahawks. Against a poor Seattle secondary Elvis put up three picks. Combine all this with a sellout home stadium and the result is an 8-1 Raider record.<P>

KCFan95
11-01-2000, 11:38 AM
Ya, shure. Last week you let the Charger's TE kill you for over 100 recieving yards. Gonzo is a much better TE than they have so I predict 150 yards just from him. If you double team Gonzo our WR will break a few long ones. Then, when you pull the eight men out of the box, the running game will keep Gannnon and company off the field, protecting our lead. Then the race for the division win will just begin!

------------------
GO CHIEFS!!!! Squash the faiders like the scum that they are!!

Jeff_000
11-01-2000, 11:40 AM
Turtle--
Besides Woodson, who else is in the Chokeland secondary? Their DEFENSE is better than either of the two mentoined, but what about your offense? Only 15 pts. vs. SD? The Raiders will have to score more than that this Sunday.

You are right, though . . . the Chiefs running game is pitiful.

As far as a sellout goes . . . I guess that means Duracell's earnings will increase. Or do they use Energizers?

MM
--Doesn't see how a sellout of Darth Vaders is an advantage.

BroncoFun
11-01-2000, 11:57 AM
If you watched the San Diego vs Oakland game you would have seen how well the Charger defence played. Like all other AFC West teams (and most of the NFL) the Chargers hate the Raiders, and always play their best games against the Raiders. (I think you would agree that the same is true of the Chiefs) Junior was on fire and and so was Harrison. Granted that Woodson is the only ProBowl DB but Eric Allen is playing well and Anthony Dorsett is really coming on. If you remember the Oak/KC game in Arrowhead, Gonzo got off to a good start in the first half but failed to finish well after Gruden made second half adjustments.

I'll be back after the game for my accolades!

[This message has been edited by terrapin (edited 11-01-2000).]

DoktorSmith
11-01-2000, 11:59 AM
I don't think it was so much the Chargers defense as it was the Raiders offense. That was pretty pathetic. Most teams score in the red zone.

KC Jones
11-01-2000, 12:00 PM
if YOU remember the KC/Oak game...you would know that it wasn't the adjustments Gruden made...it was our conservatism that led to our demise...

I like turtle soup...and it's lunch time too!

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 11-01-2000).]

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-01-2000, 12:03 PM
We're gonna hold you to that turtle boy. Speaking of crappy running games, how is Wheatley? Heard he had a pretty bad sprain of his ankle. Surely you won't run those sweeps to Kauffman that work like once a game will you? Or just quarterback keepers and bootlegs?

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-01-2000, 12:04 PM
DP

[This message has been edited by DJay23 (edited 11-01-2000).]

Jeff_000
11-01-2000, 12:05 PM
58--
You hit it on the head. I guarantee the Chiefs won't go into a shell this time.

Terrapinhead--
Yes, the SD defense did step it up . . .but so should've your team. But they didn't. If SDs half-a$$ed TE can get 100 on the Radiers, then TG should have, oh, about 200 yards receiving. (Probably not, but I guarantee it will be a ton). Who can cover him? Not Dorsett. Woodson, but then who covers the WRs?

Face it, you don't have an answer for the Chiefs passing game . . . the only one that can stop it is Elvis.

We'll see what happens.

MM
--Waiting for the Faders to show . . . shouldn't be long.

BigChief
11-01-2000, 12:06 PM
Yet another `Der fan that can`t spell. It is just sad Amus. Don`t dose boyz gets no bringins up?

BroncoFun
11-01-2000, 12:22 PM
ptlyon,

So sorry that my poor spelling so upset your delicate nature that you felt the need to use a racest reply such as Amos and Andy.

You show so much class.<BR>

Scorpdork
11-01-2000, 12:32 PM
Terrapin....

I only hope you are not in that shell come Sunday! I want you to pay attention to the game to see if level of football knowledge will increase! Chiefs will take Oakland to school this time,Prepare for class, School opens @3:15pm CST.Please attend!

BTW...We will allow you to have plenty of SNICKERS ,"Not going anywhere for awhile"

[This message has been edited by ROYC75 (edited 11-01-2000).]

BigChief
11-01-2000, 12:32 PM
LOL

Chiefnj
11-01-2000, 01:20 PM
Hey Terapin....Actually, in view of traditional Raider tendencies (which may or may not apply anymore), it could be a good thing that Oakland had a tuff time at Qualcom. They usually let down after a big win (complacency?), and come back strong after a tough loss. Its possible that we saw a microcosm of that principle in the second half of the Bolt game. It looks like they came out for the second half with the mistaken idea that they could coast through the game and end up with another 12-0 half. But SD took it to them bigtime. They finally shook off the cobwebs for the winning drive with several starters out. That frightening wake-up call will probably have a positive effect on the team going into the Chiefs game ('cept for the dang injuries). At least they won't be feeling smug and content when KC comes to town.