PDA

View Full Version : I thought this was a football related site?

BroncoFun
11-01-2000, 11:43 AM
I post on many NFL and NCAA football sites and I have never seen as many non-football related posting anywhere as there are on Chiefs Planet. What gives? Are you bored with your team or do you fail to realize that there are political and other BBs that are more apropiate for these topics?

Oh and....GO RAIDERS!!!

Gaz
11-01-2000, 11:45 AM
Does anyone out there have a good artichoke dip recipe?

DoktorSmith
11-01-2000, 11:47 AM
No, but I make a mean salsa. Serrano's are really the way to go, they add so much flavor, and you can tone it down with cilantro if need be.

Luzap
11-01-2000, 11:49 AM
Can you have red wine with fish?

Gaz
11-01-2000, 11:49 AM
bishop,

We make our own salsa as well. I am not familiar with 'salernos'. We grow and use jalapenos. Are they similar?

KCTitus
11-01-2000, 11:50 AM
I am finally going to post my barbecue sauce recipe this weekend. You guys got try this

Gaz
11-01-2000, 11:50 AM
Gregg, as my favorite PBS chef Justin Wilson would say, "Serve whatever kind of wine you like best".

punkyQB
11-01-2000, 11:51 AM
red wine and fish is the way to go...

DoktorSmith
Socially, it is a faux-paus, however I do, on occasion, sit by myself, and have a cabernet with some salmon. In the right quantities, they are quite delectable.

KCFan95
terrapin,
what you have encountered here is a BB with an intelligence level above--give me da ball man! We all enjoy talking football, but enjoy the higher intellectual pursuits as well. Fortunately for you we understand that these pursuits are far beyond the typical faider fan. So please, just stick to the trash talk because we would not want you to strain that tiny little pea you consider a brain.<BR>

Luzap
11-01-2000, 11:52 AM
Mark: Justin Wilson...wasnt he the guy from New Orleans? I loved that guy. Everything had Cayenne pepper in it. Love that hot stuff.

Gaz
BD, I have been looking for a good BBQ recipe. I have 9 full racks of baby backs just waiting for the right sauce.<P>

DoktorSmith
...what comes next????

...oh yeah... OUCH!!!

KC Jones
11-01-2000, 11:53 AM
Titus, I think you can get away with a nice Rose with fish...but to be sure I'd ask Emily Post....<P>

Jeff_000
11-01-2000, 11:53 AM
Turtle Boy--
You see, unlike Faders fans, we have the IQs and abilities to actually think of and discuss things other than football. Also, try reading the article on the home page . . . it may help.

MM
--Has a life outside of football.

Gaz
11-01-2000, 11:55 AM
Gregg, Bingo!

He is through making new shows but our local PBS station replays his old shows every Saturday. I caught a few before FB season. He was even funnier in the 70's.

DoktorSmith
11-01-2000, 11:55 AM
mylonds,
Serranos are actually a pepper as well. However, they can be dangerously hot. If you like kick, it is definately the way to go. Might want to give it a whirl sometime. I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good sinus clearing. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Snapper
11-01-2000, 11:56 AM
Isn't justin Wilson the "ooohweeeeeee, don't dat nice" guy?

My Woman says I'm not being sensative enough to her needs, what should I do?...turn up the game to drown out the noise?

KC Jones
11-01-2000, 11:56 AM
Turtle soup is wonderful...a great Cajun dish...I guarooonteeee!

Jeff_000
11-01-2000, 11:59 AM
Turtle soup, turtle gumbo, turtle pate, turtle salad, cream of turtle, turtle tar-tar . . .

MM--
Figures turtle boy can relate to Bubba.

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 11-01-2000).]

BroncoFun
11-01-2000, 12:13 PM
First of all, to tell me to stick with my trash talk exhibits so much CLASS. Further, comments like "pea brain" and "we can discuss more than "give me da' ball" definetly display your IQ or lack there of. I was asking an honest question because it seems unusual for posts like "Bush vs Gore" to be on a football BB. Why is it that whenever someone feels that a post has questioned them their reaction is to attack the persons IQ? I guess I forgot that Missouri is the center of all culture and class.

Gaz
11-01-2000, 12:14 PM
LOL I actually did see Justin make turtle gumbo once.

KCTitus
11-01-2000, 12:18 PM
Personally I like frying jalapenos in a frying pan and putting salt on them. Barbacue a double cut ribeye steak and eating them together. MMMMMMMMM

Luzap
11-01-2000, 12:21 PM
Terrapin: Are you that crass to think that all of us are in Missouri?

KCTitus
11-01-2000, 12:22 PM
terapin,
Please teach us how to be CLASSY and intelligent like all those Faider fans.

Mi_chief_fan
11-01-2000, 12:23 PM
terrapin-
If not stabbing the other teams fans and using a football game as an excuse for a drunken riot means we lack culture and class, than I guess your right.

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-01-2000, 12:26 PM
terrapin:

1)You are making an incorrect assumption that all posters here are from Missouri with your latest comment.

2)I find most Chiefs fans here are reasonable and intelligent so I don't mind the engagement of thought on things besides just football. I don't have the time to jump back and forth between the Political BB and Chiefs BB, so I lend my opinions here where I am able to do both.

If you see a non-football thread just pass it over. Or even better, start one that will get good responses.

mmaddog

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-01-2000, 12:28 PM
terrapin:

1)You are making an incorrect assumption that all posters here are from Missouri with your latest comment.

2)I find most Chiefs fans here are reasonable and intelligent so I don't mind the engagement of thought on things besides just football. I don't have the time to jump back and forth between the Political BB and Chiefs BB, so I lend my opinions here where I am able to do both.

If you see a non-football thread just pass it over. Or even better, start one that will get good responses.

mmaddog

KCFan95
11-01-2000, 12:30 PM
terrapin,
thanks for takin' the bait friend! Too funny. By the way, I live a little further NW than you seem to think.

terrapin I read some of your other posts and they all had an edge of smack to them so I just thought that I would return the favor. We actually really enjoy having other fans on our board and we try to keep the jabs friendly, but one must still have a thick skin. As someone already stated, read the article on the homepage and that may clear things up. We love to talk football, but we try to keep a bit of diversity. Join in!

Dev
~enjoys a new faider toy...

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-01-2000, 12:31 PM
Oh and ....GO CHIEFS<P>

Jeff_000
11-01-2000, 12:35 PM
Terrapin--
Again, read the article on the opening page (not because I wrote it, but because it may explain a few things to you). It should explain a little history of this board and the reason the BBAs allow the NFBTs.

Anyone who knows anything about football knows that a Raiders fan has no right to rip another team's fans for their "lack of class" whether real or perceived. It is the equivalent of Bill Clinton giving a seminar on ethics or Dubbya Bush teaching a public speaking course—it just doens't make sense.

MM
--Nothing but class

BroncoFun
11-01-2000, 12:36 PM
Of course I realize that you all KC fans are not from Missouri. I do know many people from Missouri and the mid-west and find them to be some of the warmest and most hospitable people that I know. Please also realize that not all Raider are knife stabbing stupid drunks.

Chief Joseph
11-01-2000, 12:40 PM
Terrapin,

I feel like the members of this board are interesting enough to discuss both football and politics. Why go to 2 different sites? Post what you enjoy and ignore the rest.

Luzap
11-01-2000, 12:53 PM
Mark M: I enjoyed your article.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 11-01-2000).]

BroncoFun
11-01-2000, 01:10 PM
Mark M

I also enjoyed your article. Thanks for the info it answered the question that I asked on this post. I actually was curious about the non-football related topics because so many of the BBs had the same rules that you said the Star had. What irritates me is how quickly people start to attack a curious question.<BR>

Gaz
11-01-2000, 01:13 PM
I was just looking for an artichoke dip recipe.

Jeff_000
11-01-2000, 01:29 PM
Wow! Thanks. I was actually surprised they posted it. It's the first thing I've ever submitted . . . good to see those two English degrees are paying off!

Terrapin--
Your question was understandable. It's just that the NFBT is a touchy subject around here. It's the reason this board was started.

MM
--Dreams of being the next Twain