PDA

View Full Version : Houston (04), Jacksonville (05), and Detroit (06)....

kcmax
11-01-2000, 02:02 PM
....selected for Super Bowl sites. Here's hoping the Chiefs make it to the big one in 06, right in my back yard!

JOhn
11-01-2000, 02:15 PM
I hope they make it to all 3.... For sure, I'd like to see them make it in 2004 because, as a season ticket holder to Texans games, I'll have priority to purchase SB tix!

Chief Henry
11-01-2000, 02:15 PM
AWESOME! A Super Bowl here in Houston again! Now, IF only the Chiefs would represent the AFC, I'd only have to drive about 5 miles to get to the game. My dad took me to the only Super Bowl here in Houston way back in 1973. - it was at Rice Stadium. I believe it was Super Bowl 7. I do know that the Dolphins beat the Redskins 14-7 to complete their undefeated season.

I KNOW that many of you saw that funny play that lead to the Skins only score. Placekicker Garo Yepermian attempted a 42 yard field goal - it was blocked into his arms and he tried to throw it away, but he dropped the ball and it was picked up and returned for a Washington TD. It was the most bizzare football play that I have ever witnessed in person.

JOhn
11-01-2000, 02:26 PM
Come on, Steve....

I know where you live and I know where the new stadium is going to be. You have at least a 12 mile journey. Let's be honest - we're all friends on this BB. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Chief Henry
11-01-2000, 02:31 PM
Phil,
You do know where I live, but you don't know where my mom lives. She lives in Meyerland and we're trading houses in the Spring. She gets the condo off Memorial and my wife and I get the house a few blocks behind Meyerland Plaza. So, in 2004, I will live only 5 miles away from the new stadium - actually it's closer to 4. I know I didn't play fair because you had no idea about the planned move. *grin*<P>

broncosrule
11-01-2000, 02:44 PM
Anybody know how our roof is coming along (you know, the sliding Royals/Chiefs thing)? I personally think it would be pretty cool.

------------------
GO PITT!

JOhn
11-01-2000, 02:46 PM
Ahaaaaaaaaah!

You know I was just jerkin your chain anyway. Meyerland is pretty nice, isn't it? Sounds like a pretty cool trade! Are you still working for 6 flags or did you move on from that thing?

ColoradoChief
11-01-2000, 02:47 PM
Pitt - I have not heard much in KC about the dome, but could have missed it.

kcneo
11-01-2000, 02:51 PM
Pitt:
I think the roof thing for the sports complex was nixed(at least for the time being). I think the recent improvements to Arrowhead and the baseball stadium had a lot to do with it. If it ever comes up on the ballot, I will definitely vote for it. (Jackson county res.)

rh http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

[This message has been edited by redhed (edited 11-01-2000).]

Chief Henry
11-01-2000, 04:33 PM
Phill,
Yep, I'm still at Six Flags for a few more weeks. If all goes well, I'm going to open up a co-branded Great American Cookies/TCBY store in Meyerland Plaza this March. My wife left Six Flags about a month ago and accepted the position of Marketing Director at the new Downtown Hardrock Cafe. She has an extremely cool gig. It affords me the luxery of providing me with time to grow the business. Get this, after I leave Six Flags, I'm going to work part time during the build - out phase of the store (Dec. - mid March)at the Oshmans Supersports on Gessner and I-10 in the bike Dept. It will keep me buisy and I'll have the freedom to be involved with the building of the store and all the problems with inspections that are sure to arise. Plus, now when I wreck my bike, I'll have the access of the bike shop! *grin*

Meyerland is a nice area - it's right next to Bellaire and Maplewood. It's like most of the neighborhoods right outside the loop in Houston in that there are some new big 2-story houses replacing the PERFECTLY GOOD 30-year-old- 1-story houses. We plan to remodel my moms house, but it doesn't need much work! It's all good - but things could change.

G_Man
11-01-2000, 04:39 PM
I can't stand the fact that Houston has a SB already, and they don't even have a FREAKING TEAM YET!!!!

IMO the SB is only held indoors or in warm climates because of those stupid, worthless halftime shows. I hope there's a ____ing monsoon in Jacksonville during the 2005 SB!!!

G_Man
11-01-2000, 04:40 PM
I can't stand the fact that Houston has a SB already, and they don't even have a FREAKING TEAM YET!!!!

IMO the SB is only held indoors or in warm climates because of those stupid, worthless halftime shows. I hope there's a ____ing monsoon in Jacksonville during the 2005 SB!!!

Chief Henry
11-01-2000, 05:09 PM
Clint - LOL!,
I CAN'T STAND the fact that I've lived in Houston my whole life and SUPPORTED the CHIEFS! *gerin*

Hey, I went to Super Bowl 7 (Fins vs Skins) in Houston back in 1973 at Rice Stadium and it was a horrible - rainy - cloudy day! I'm glad the new stadium will have a retracting roof! Now if only MY CHIEFS could be in that Super Bowl in 2004!!!!

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-01-2000, 10:59 PM
I understand the economic prosperity that a roof on a football stadium, whether retractable or not, would bring but it's just not football to me. A retractable roof would be ok at the Truman sports complex if it is only used on rainy days for the Royals and for the hosting of a Super Bowl. I do not want to see our beautiful gem of a stadium covered up like some of the other sissified stadiums in major sports. The elements are what make football a game of incredible strategy and speciality, especially in the play offs. Am I alone in this or would others here cringe to see a perfectly cold and rainy Kansas City day in December ruined by a roof? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by DJay23 (edited 11-01-2000).]

ColoradoChief
11-01-2000, 11:35 PM
I'm still believe that the NFL should really set up a rotation that includes all stadiums. If they don't think that fans would show up and watch a football game in the snow and love every minute of it they are very mistaken. Sure it might be an ugly game, but people would remember it for a long time.

Of course then the NFL would have to change the Superbowl so that it is about the fans and not a get together for the famous and popular.

The number of golf courses should have nothing to do with a chance to get a superbowl.