PDA

View Full Version : Getting Chiefs Tickets

KC Hawke
11-01-2000, 04:28 PM
My wife and I have informally committed to seeing a Chiefs home game next season.

My questions are:

Do tickets become available when the season schedule is released?

How do I get tickets living in Texas?

What should I expect to pay for low-level, mid field seats? Is that even possible?

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gifThanx to anyone who could help http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Chief Red Pants (edited 11-01-2000).]

JOhn
11-02-2000, 08:04 AM
If you expect to get lower level, midfield seats, you'll HAVE to go through a broker. Pick a game that isn't necessarily marquee or you can expect to drop between 2-3 bills per seat. Seats can be purchased from ticket master by anyone the day after Johnson County residents take first crack at them. This year, many tickets were available on that second day. From what I understand, most seats are taken on that first day so there is very little to pick through on day two. Resign yourself to dropping at least $500 for 2 tix if you really want those type of seats. I got lucky for the Bills game this year - and only spent <$250 for 2 seats in row 3, 20 yard line. The nice thing about most brokers is that they include a "complimentary" red parking pass with your tix so you'll be close....

Titus knows more than I do because he's been going through a broker for several years. I've been lucky enough the past few years to experience a Chiefs game at a location in close proximety to where I've lived at a reasonable price. Unfortunately, you'll pay through the nose for the Arrowhead experience. It's well worth it.

JOhn
11-02-2000, 08:06 AM
I'd also post your email addy so Titus or someone else can forward broker info to you.

47mack
11-02-2000, 08:11 AM
If you want tickets, all you have to do is go the Taco Bell across the street from the stadium prior to kickoff or approach any of the scalpers inside the stadium parking lot. I went to many games this way including the major games like the Raiders & Broncos and I have never paid more that face value. The ticket brokers make so much money from ripping people off by scalping the tickets in Kansas that they send scalpers out to the stadium on gameday to get anything they can for them since it's all profit anyway. If you want to throw your money away go to a broker, otherwise you can easily get tickets for face value or less on game day.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!

KC Hawke
11-02-2000, 02:39 PM
how do you pay face value from a scalper?

anyway . . .

if anyone wants to offer more help http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif
email me at: mejoza@ivilliage.com

47mack
11-02-2000, 02:50 PM
I just used the word scalper for lack of a better word. Maybe I should have just called them independent tickets salesmen. There's always a bunch of them by the gas station(Amoco?) & Taco Bell right across from the stadium. I don't know if you're gonna get midfield at the lower level, but there's no bad seats at Arrowhead. The last game I went to I paid $65.00(total) for 2 tickets right above the tunnel where the players come out by buying them this way. At the cold weather/rainy games, you can get tickets even easier.

------------------
It looks I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue!