PDA

View Full Version : Dan Williams done?!?!?!

Mike
08-24-2000, 04:49 PM
From a post on the kcstar BB:

"TOPIC: Dan Williams Done?
Rob Dreher (KsBronco), 08/24/00 03:33 pm
Mitch Holthus reported on my radio station in Hutchinson this morning that there is a good chance that Dan Williams is done. He reported that he wasn't at the team get together on Wed. and doesn't know if he wants to continue with the Chiefs. Is this old news to you guys? Know anymore details? Just thought I would let you know!"

Maybe dreams do come true... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 08-24-2000).]

redbrian
08-24-2000, 05:03 PM
He's a waste of cap dollars now, but KC would take a huge cap hit if he quits, wouldn't they?

HankStram
08-24-2000, 05:03 PM
God knows I hope you are right. What has he done for us other than cost us a lot of moolah? I hope he retires....or maybe just let us take the (rather substantial) cap hit and BLOW HIM OUT. Nothing would be more refreshing to me than to see Gun finally get rid of all slackers and cancers and let the young guys have their shot.

------------------
Some days you eat the Bear...some days the Bear eats you....

Mike
08-24-2000, 05:06 PM
Yes, but it might save them in the long run. And if it's Dan's decision, they don't really have a choice. The part about him not knowing "if he wants to continue with the Chiefs," could be either that he wants to be traded (unlikely) or that he wants to retire (also puzzling). How does a retirement affect our cap? Isn't it much the same? Of course he could restructure...

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 08-24-2000).]

redbrian
08-24-2000, 05:14 PM
How sickening.

He gets his the chance to start with the Chiefs after an injury-riddled stint with Denver.

He has the first decent season of his career with KC in '97.

He holds out for an entire season & then receives a mammoth contract he knows he doesn't deserve.

He then fails miserably in '99, when he's able to play at all.

He gets outperformed this offseason by another injury-riddled D lineman who makes half what he does.

Now this! Even if he comes back, he's already shown his total lack of motivation, heart, and gratitude. He can join Bono and Grbac in the club of undeserving Chiefs that would rather play somewhere else.

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

redbrian
08-24-2000, 05:15 PM
I almost forgot... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------

HankStram
08-24-2000, 05:17 PM
Don't hold back Clint....tell us how you REALLY feel. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------
Some days you eat the Bear...some days the Bear eats you....

redbrian
08-24-2000, 05:17 PM
Maybe Gunther can hire O.J. to properly "motivate" Danny!

redbrian
08-24-2000, 05:20 PM
Anger....rising...
Rage....building...

Where does KC find these guys?

I guess his holdout should've been a clue. How does that saying go?

"Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

It seems VERY appropriate in this instance! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Clint in Wichita (edited 08-24-2000).]

ddpatterson
08-24-2000, 05:34 PM
Let me just throw my .02 in.
Maybe Dan is just having a tantrum, since there is the possibility that he is losing his job to Browning.
Also, I don't think Detroit took a big cap hit when Sanders quit. If they had traded him, they would have.

------------------

Red Eyes
[i]Chinn Up, it ain't nothin' but a thang.</I>

King_Chief_Fan
08-24-2000, 05:41 PM
Hey, fellow Chief fans!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

AustinChief
08-24-2000, 07:27 PM
Much of a cap hit? Didn't Barry have to pay $ BACK to Detroit?!? I'm pretty sure he did. I for one would LOVE to see Williams go. How much was his signing bonus? If we released him, we'd take the remaining part of his bonus all on this year, right? But we wouldn't take his salary, would we? I'm still not sure how that works. Anyhow, I'd love to see Gun dump him to light a fire under the other veterans. Then maybe he could threaten Alexander and Dishman into performing....

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2000, 07:31 PM
Yosef - Check out the FYI from Adam Teicher: thread, it talks about the cap hit.

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 08-24-2000).]

AustinChief
08-24-2000, 07:32 PM
Aight. Thanks.

Bob Dole
08-24-2000, 07:33 PM
If he's dead weight get him the hell out of there.

AustinChief
08-24-2000, 07:40 PM
He's been dead weight ever since he got his fat contract. Pisses me off that these guys seem to only play hard in the last year of their contracts. Don't they care about winning anymore, or is it just about taking home a check every week?!?

Bob Dole
08-24-2000, 07:45 PM
Well I trust gun on his judgement to put the best foot forward on the defense. His defenses have been great over the years and I'm not going to go against him. I guarantee you William's *** is toast if he's not performing up to expectations especially with the difference of only taking a cap hit of 1 million this year versus taking a cap hit of 4 million next year.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2000, 07:49 PM
Dr Red - Are you sure it is not $1 mil this year AND $4 mil next year?

------------------
"Thanks for being a part of my life!!! I never knew what evil was before this!"

Bob Dole
08-24-2000, 07:51 PM
I thought it was or 4 million. You may be right but I read Adam's response and that's what I got from it.

DaKCMan AP
08-24-2000, 07:54 PM
Dr Red - It was worded pretty poorly, but I know we owe him a bunch in signing bonus, so I don't think we could get off with just a $1 mil cap hit.

milkman
08-24-2000, 08:00 PM
Williams sucks. I hope we dump him ASAP.

It's too bad NFL (and for that matter all professional sports) players don't get paid based on their performance - for example, a third of their salary based on years of experience, a third based on last year's performance and a third based on their current level of play. One would think that such an "eat what you kill" system would greatly enhance the level of competition in the league, illiminate slackers like Williams and Rison from playing good for one season and then coasting, and above all, MAKE SENSE.

Imagine that - no fat contracts for bums, no salary caps, no holdouts, just the highest level of competition available. In a perfect world.....

AustinChief
08-24-2000, 08:31 PM
We waisted good money on that boy

AustinChief
08-24-2000, 08:33 PM
Looking for some draft help next year on the Def line.

------------------
We interrupt this marriage to bring you the NFL season.:cool:

The Blessed Virgin Larry
08-24-2000, 08:44 PM
This is exactly why I've said all along that Carl caved too quickly after Williams held out. No way should Williams have been givin that much $$$. I sure hopes he quits rather than us having to cut him. Williams is an ungrateful S.O.B. who just might be playing games. I'd make him quit rather than release him because of the cap hit.
BTW, whay don't the Chiefs play him at DE? That's where he had his 1 GOOD YEAR. Plus, a DE is less likely to get injured than a DT.