PDA

View Full Version : Tim Grunhard Says He'll Play

DaMook
11-03-2000, 07:47 PM
from nflscoop.com

Kansas City's favorite Irishman, C Tim Grunhard, is hobbling towards the end of the rainbow looking for his pot of gold. The 11-year seasoned pro, who prefers a menu of meat and malted beverages to a diet of Met-Rx shakes and healthy food, is optimistic that he will play this weekend. NFLScoop caught up with Chiefs head coach Gunther Cunningham earlier today and here is how Cunningham feels. "Grunny said he is playing to prove to the young guys what you have to do at this level. He is on a mission like you can't believe. There are not enough words to describe my respect for Tim Grunhard, I expect him to play." Grunhard is still expected to be a game-time decision.

Buzzbait
11-03-2000, 09:16 PM
That sums up beautifully why ol' Timmy is my favorite Chief...even if he did go to Notre Dame.

AZ

JAXCHIEF
11-03-2000, 09:24 PM
I respect the Grun enormously. Guys like him are on the endangered species list in the NFL. I just hope he doesn't injure himself further. I can understand him pressing to get back to smack around the Raiduhs, though.

TFM
*admittedly old-school in work-ethic

ColoradoChief
11-03-2000, 09:30 PM
Grunhard is what everone expects an old school (hate that phrase) football player to be. The fact that he knows this is important game and against a rival he is doing anything he can to get ready for the game. I hope that he doesn't leave after this year, this guy is a leader.

ColoradoChief
11-03-2000, 09:33 PM
Well I got interupted during that post and TeenagerfromMars jumps in there with basically the same thing I was thinking.

Welcome to the BB TeenagerfromMars, it is good to have you aboard.

LD for KC
11-03-2000, 11:01 PM
What I want to know is, how does a tenager from Mars know enough about the NFL to know that Grunny is old school? You mean to tell me the NFL is popular on the Red Planet as well as our own planet?
I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Football is[?b] the greatest game in the solar system!

------------------

[b]Red Eyes
A message to The Three Stooges from Judge Smaels.
"Well, the world needs ditch diggers, too"

DIEHARDCHIEF
11-03-2000, 11:09 PM
Martians have long supported the Chiefs. It's not called the "Red" planet because of the color, that's just a coincidence.

JAXCHIEF
11-04-2000, 12:29 AM
DJay23,

Our Martian secret is out! We've been monitoring the ritualistic wars of the gridiron for many cycles around the sun.

OK, here's a little riddle for you galactically-inclined: Martians are Chiefs fans. Where do the Raider fans reside?

(It's not difficult. Think "Black Hole.")

TFM
*Showing just how juvenile I am...

JAXCHIEF
11-04-2000, 01:05 AM
milkman,

One Martian year is equivalent to approximately 2 Earth years. I've been watching long enough to see changes in the players and to know that, when you get right down to it, football is about lining up and smacking the hell out of the organism opposite you. :^)

Hoover
11-04-2000, 09:58 AM
Grunny is living proof that Guiness Stout can cure anything. Liquid Bread - Nature's perfect remedy for what ails ya.

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Sic' Em Grunny!!

GO CHIEFS!!!! Beat the Black and Silver 'til they're Black and Blue.<P>