PDA

View Full Version : Did Anybody See the Mich. North Western Game?

htismaqe
11-04-2000, 06:32 PM
I only saw the last 10 minutes or so. That NU receiver had to be sick to his stomach when he dropped that ball. I bet now he is the happiest person on the team. Not to mention the most relieved! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
THE SILVER AND BLACK AIN'T WORTH JACK!

elvislivesinkc
11-04-2000, 06:41 PM
I missed the game. Did Northwestern actually win?

------------------
Frazod

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF DENISE! DEATH TO OAKLAND!

htismaqe
11-04-2000, 06:44 PM
Yes they did win. 54 - 51 I am pretty happy about it too, because I hate Michigan.

------------------

elvislivesinkc
11-04-2000, 06:54 PM
Wow. Sounds like one hell of a game. Had too many errands to run today, though. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

I'm glad Northwestern won. I have nothing against Michigan, but its always nice to see a powerhouse team get dumped by a perrennial doormat like Northwestern.

Hopefully Mizzou will likewise return to glory someday and actually beat the Nebraska Bronc... er, I mean Cornhuskers.

------------------
Frazod

CRUSH YOUR ENEMIES, SEE THEM DRIVEN BEFORE YOU, AND HEAR THE LAMENTATIONS OF DENISE! DEATH TO OAKLAND!

htismaqe
11-04-2000, 06:58 PM
It was a great game. It was won in the last 2 minutes. And I am always for seeing the Hussies get beat! Although I had rather hoped that they and KSU would be undefeated when they met next week. Oh well, GO CATS!

------------------

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 07:09 PM
You guys shouldn't hate the Huskers so much, it is the only thing that people in NE have to live for. They even have suicide hotline commercials on the Radio after a loss. They can't be all bad, they wear <font color=red>Red</font> http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

[This message has been edited by morphius (edited 11-04-2000).]

htismaqe
11-04-2000, 07:30 PM
Morph, it is because the team is all they have that I hate so much. I lived in Nebraska for 18 months. We moved up there right after they won the championship in '94, and had to live up there win they won thier second the following year. The people up there are so obnoxious about there state. They think that they live in the greatest state in the Union. And it is just because of thier football team. Now don't get me wrong, they are really nice people, they don't even realize that they are being obnoxious. I used to just think of them as a conference rival, but after living up there and having those obnoxious big red fans trying to convert me, (and they had no idea that the more they tried the further away they pushed me) I HATE THE CORN BALLS!

------------------

[This message has been edited by raiderhader (edited 11-04-2000).]

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 07:45 PM
Raiderhater - I never liked them very much, I had to live up in Omaha for 10 years. I kind of root for them for some of my family, but I have always been a OU fan. After those Championships it was enough to drive someone nuts, that was the only thing on the news for years. I can see why it would drive you bonkers, it is horrible.

The people you talked to up there had probably never been out of state, the ones who thought it was a great place always seemed to be rather sheltered.

htismaqe
11-04-2000, 07:51 PM
there have been studies done that show that crime goes down across the state when the Hussies are playing. Even the criminals stay home and watch the games! It is crazy up there. You say that you are an OU fan. Well wouldn't you know that my family moved to Oklahoma in Febuary, and now we have to put up with you obnoxious Doomer Sooner fans. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif Isn't life grand?

------------------

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 07:54 PM
RH - LOL! Living in Omahell was bad enough, I refuse to ever move to OK.

htismaqe
11-04-2000, 07:58 PM
I don't think that it is that funny. But it was a family move so I didn't have much say in it. Good news though, after Christmas I am moving to Kansas City with my grandparents so I can get state residency and go to KSU.

------------------

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 08:04 PM
RH - I see your point, I found it funny because it was not me http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif Good to hear your coming back to civilization.

htismaqe
11-04-2000, 08:16 PM
Civilization is right! We are not to far from the Arkansas border and a lot of those Arkies have sifted over through the years. You can imagine what that has done to society around here. I really wish I was moving up there now because my favorite time to be in KC is the football and holliday season.

------------------

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 08:22 PM
RH - I was forced to move to Omaha because of a family move as well, so I understand your pain. It took me 10 years to escape, I hated it up there. Of course with any luck the Chiefs will still be playing in Jan.

testguy_ie
11-04-2000, 11:00 PM
Morph,
Omahell? LOL! I guess that is the same as Hellevue, huh? It wasn't that bad, was it?

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 11:11 PM
Postal - Omagahd is not horrible, but I can say that KC is tons better. It is a horrible place if your single, I have seen guys go without decent dates for a long time, move away and find someone rather quickly. When I was looking at an apartment down here a lasy asked me what I thought of Omaha, I said "It is like KC, with nothing to do". Her mouth dropped and she paused for a second, and said that a girl was in the other day that said the exact same thing.

My real feeling on it is that it is an OK place to live, but the taxes are too high, the city doesn't think before it does things, there is nothing for younger people to do and as soon as they find something they make sure that they can't do it anymore. It is small enough that finding single women who have not been taken through high school is difficult.

Not a place I will move back too.

testguy_ie
11-04-2000, 11:22 PM
Morph,
Good point about the single life. The more I think about it, the more I agree with you. Of course, being the old married man that I am, it wouldn't apply to me anyway.

testguy_ie
11-04-2000, 11:24 PM
Bud Light induced double post.

[This message has been edited by PostalChief (edited 11-04-2000).]

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 11:29 PM
Postal - The people are pretty nice up there and it is an OK place to raise kids. Luckily I wasn't single when I was there, I could have dated a couple girls, but just kept them as friends and they were all psychos.

The fact that Omaha would not allow gambling at a horse race track other then betting on the horses shows how hypocritical they are. It was the one thing Omaha had going for it for a long time, and they killed it. Someday they will figure things out, but it will be a while.

testguy_ie
11-04-2000, 11:33 PM
Morph,
I meant to tell you that I finally bid and got a job with the weekends off. I would be willing to come down to KC and watch an away game with you and Russ. Is he still thinking about a get-together for the SF game?

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 11:38 PM
Postal - Congrats on the Bid, that has got to be great. I, luckily, have not worked weekends in about 3 years and hope to never have to again. I'm still waiting to hear what Russ has planned, but it would be great to have you come down.

testguy_ie
11-04-2000, 11:46 PM
Morph,
Yeah, the only good thing about working weekends was the Sunday premium pay. Which I'll gladly give up to spend quality time with the family instead of sleeping all day.

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 11:49 PM
Postal - We might have to find a place with a metal detector by the front door before letting you in. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

By Quality time, you meant quaolity time watching football with the children, correct?
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 11:53 PM
Damn, I found this quote and I have not seen Packfan for a while.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Helvetica, verdana, ariel">quote:</font><HR>"I've always liked Derrick Alexander," Raiders coach Jon Gruden said. "I remember when I was a receiver coach at Green Bay, he was a guy that (general manager) Ron Wolf was thinking about taking. We liked him tremendously coming out of Michigan.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

testguy_ie
11-04-2000, 11:55 PM
Morph,

EXACTLY! Except my wife, who unfortunately is a Niners fan, doesn't share my enthusiasm for the Chiefs. My daughter is coming around slowly, but surely.

ColoradoChief
11-04-2000, 11:59 PM
Postal - At least your wife likes football, I have to keep trying subliminal messages like the commerical.

"I like football"
"I like to watch football on TV"
"I like to football all day Sunday and Monday nights too"

testguy_ie
11-05-2000, 12:06 AM
Morph,
The past few years during the regular season we've dominated them, but the away game against them in 91', when Young was hurt and Bono started for them, we got spanked. I lost a huge bet with the wife. I'm still the predominant dishwasher in the family because she won't bet against the Chiefs anymore. LOL!

ColoradoChief
11-05-2000, 12:10 AM
Postal - That is scary, what a horrible bet. It is probably a good thing you didn't bet on the preseason game, and it might be a better idea if you don't bet on the game in a couple weeks, we need that win.

testguy_ie
11-05-2000, 12:15 AM
Morph,
What's funny is that we both watched that game and while she enjoyed watching me curse at the TV screen, she acknowledged that it was only preseason and it didn't mean anything. Guess I got me a keeper, huh?

ColoradoChief
11-05-2000, 12:18 AM
Postal - Sounds like you do. Of course she didn't let you come down to the first get together, so we will have to see will do the last minute change of heart again.

testguy_ie
11-05-2000, 12:26 AM
Morph,
You must enjoy rubbing salt into old wounds, eh? There's no doubt in my mind that she would enjoy coming down to KC to watch a Chiefs game. Anything to get out of Omahell! heh heh

ColoradoChief
11-05-2000, 12:33 AM
Al - Too funny, I'm kind of evil that way. I'm IM'ing with Gerken right now. Is that too many conversations with Postal employess from Omahell all at once?

testguy_ie
11-05-2000, 12:38 AM
Morph,
Tell Gerken to venture over to the 111 belt on Tour 1 once in awhile. I know he must still work overtime, huh? I'm there Monday night through Friday night. Of course that might be too much for a Donkey fan to handle.

ColoradoChief
11-05-2000, 12:44 AM
Al - He said to say hi to you. I will tell him he needs to stop by, of course he might get lost, he can't seem to do much without getting lost. Of course it makes him perfect for Union Stewerd.<BR>

testguy_ie
11-05-2000, 12:50 AM
Morph,
Ouch! I'll tell him you said that. Gonna call it a night, so I'll catch you later. Huge game tomorrow, so get focused. Catch up with you Sunday night.

Al