PDA

View Full Version : Warfield to Start; Bartee to Nickle

Buzzbait
11-23-2000, 04:58 PM
Here's Gun's statement:

"I'm going to start (CB) Eric Warfield at the corner (in place of rookie Patrick Dennis). I'm this close from playing all 65 plays (in a game) man-for-man. We didn't get these corners to sit there in zone and catch the ball in front of us.

Basically, I'm tired of it. It's not my style as much. We brought the young guys to a point that I think they're ready to do that. I think (CB) Patrick Dennis, (William) Bartee, and (CB) Eric Warfield really show the kind of corners I like to have around here. The thing about Eric Warfield that was upsetting was he got injured in pre-season and then didn't say anything, tried to play through it. It was a severe disc problem in his back and he got sent to LA and fought his way through it. Now he looks like he did last year."

I'm glad he's tired of the zone like the rest of us. I understand we had to "protect" the young guys in the secondary but, Argh!, it's so frustrating. Hopefully, Warfield will play up to his potential and have a good game.

I haven't given up on Gun quite yet...but should we still be adjusting our personel and defensive scheme in week 12? I'm worried about this team's future.

AZ

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

ddpatterson
11-23-2000, 07:45 PM
Too bad it's 11 games too late.

Political Observer
11-24-2000, 05:58 AM
And when the game is over Sunday, and Warfield has been burned by their best receiver repeatedly, Goother MaGoo will have some new excuse ready to cover the coaches.
Dennis has been getting burned, and Warfield will get burned, because of the cushion technic being taught, and the scheme being used, which has CBs covering a side, rather than matching against specific receivers. Our corners will continue to struggle as long as "The spineless jellyfish Stooge" and "Limp Willie" are running the defense.
the milkman
sick of excuses

darkchief
11-24-2000, 10:20 AM
At least it sounds like Gunther is busting somebody's balls on defense. Of course we all know how we very seldom get to see the actions behind Gunther's words.

Guess we'll see Sunday.

scooter

kcmax
11-24-2000, 05:06 PM
Great. Looks like our season is starting to turn around. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Chief Henry
11-24-2000, 07:40 PM
Gun is in WAY over his head. His coordinators saw to this. Who cares??? I'm ready for the season to end so heads can roll and the team will really improve.

One Arrowhead Dave
11-25-2000, 10:28 AM
Eleven games into the season and NOW Gunther sees that we should not be playing zone with the players on our roster. Now that our season is effectively over, he is going to step up and command that we drop the stinking zone that put us in this position to start with.

Okay, that did it. Gunther has officially exhausted the last of my goodwill. All FOUR Stooges must go next season. Gunther is clearly not fit to be Head Coach. I realize that the Coordinators are a HUGE part of our problem, but Gunther retained them despite their obvious ineptitude. Issue me my DUMP THE GUN placard and save me a place in the protest line. This is the last straw.

xoxo~
gaz
washing his hands of Gunther and leaping on the bandwagon.<BR>

Political Observer
11-25-2000, 10:45 AM
Welcome to the bandwagon Gaz. Certainly took your time about it. Please remember to make that 5 Stooges, as Limp Willie must be included.
the milkman
making sure no one is excluded