PDA

View Full Version : Hackett let go!!

Kurt Surber
11-27-2000, 01:34 PM
USC canned Paul Hackett today. Isn't the answer to our coaching woes obvious? [smile]

KC Jones
11-27-2000, 01:36 PM
It would be just like the Chiefs to rehire this guy as our offensive coordinator...although, we did go to the playoffs more with him then with JR...hmmmm...Paul would you like a job?... :(

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Kurt Surber
11-27-2000, 01:49 PM
Am I too delusional, or too mired in a bygone era, to hold out hope for a Schottenheimer return? I don't think anyone can make a case that Gun has more of [or even as good of] a grip on the team than Schott did at his worst. This team has more talented players than it did when he took over in '89. Most of roster from when Schott 'lost control' is gone and most the remainder will [or should] be a salary cap casualty. Grbac and the WRs appear to have 'seen the light' and should be capable of leading themselves. Schott could shore up the Running-O and overall-D, as is his forte. Naturally - Raye, Stock and Schott Jr., need to be GONE. If there is any possibility that he could replicate what he's done everywhere else [including here a decade ago], I would even offer him Peterson's job.
I could see Schott conflicted over reasssuming the reins from Gun [tough thing to do to a friend], but I could see him jumping at the chance to show Peterson he can do HIS job better.

[This message has been edited by JC-Johnny (edited 11-27-2000).]

KC Jones
11-27-2000, 01:51 PM
that's what's so sad, this team DOES have more talent than a lot of the playoff teams...has to be the coaches...I don't see any other reason for their under achievement... :(

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Spott
11-27-2000, 02:20 PM
Actually I wouldn't be adverse to a Hackett return as OC. Offense was the strength at USC. ST and turnovers by Palmer was Hack's undoing.

What I would like to see is Al Saunders as HC/OC and Cowher as DC. I don't know if Cowher would be interested but some of our best defenses were under Bill. The HC at Stanford would also make an excellent OC.