PDA

View Full Version : No doubt in our minds that Kurt has got to go...Would Willie Shaw be the answer?...

KC Jones
11-27-2000, 01:40 PM
He's a defensive minded guy...he's respected around the leauge....

Has to be an improvement over Kurt...

Can anyone tell me what qualifications Kurt has to be a DC anyway...did he ever even play pro ball...or is it just because he's Marty's brother....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Hog Rider1
11-27-2000, 01:43 PM
I don't think Shaw is the answer. The Raiders ran him off and look how much better the Raiders defense is this year. I say we need to clean house totally and NOT hire anymore Ex-AFC West coaches.

KC Jones
11-27-2000, 01:45 PM
Okay, I'll buy that...so who's available?...or who can we lure away from another team?...

Right now I'm am extremely unhappy with our coaching staff....I could do a better job...or at least no worse...

Snapper
11-27-2000, 01:45 PM
lets see....soft zone defensive coach...ummmm...NO!!!!

I'd rather see PeeWee Herman and Forest Gump coaching next year. they have to be better than the hellen keller quads...er uh, Gunther and stock,raye, schot...

[This message has been edited by Iowanian (edited 11-27-2000).]

KC Jones
11-27-2000, 02:02 PM
But was the soft zone Shaw's idea or Guns directive?...

He comes from a very aggressive team and we definitely need to go back to a more agressive D....

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."

Cormac
11-27-2000, 02:04 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa..

Willie Shaw is the man!

Promote him as fast as you can!

No lead will be safe with him you see!

He's the genious with the prevent D!

Proctor and Jeff Richards think he's great!

Promote him and you'll be 8 and 8!

When your D is in a world of hurt!

You'll be saying bring back Spurt!

Now you know you should have kept Zook!

Because the Raiders have the West in the book!<P>

One Arrowhead Dave
11-27-2000, 02:10 PM
I would like to have Gunther Cunningham as my DC.

xoxo~
gaz
trying to make it seem less like a demotion.<BR>

Hog Rider1
11-27-2000, 02:12 PM
Where I'm located, I see every Saints game and there defense looks pretty awesome. I know most people would want an offensive minded head coach but I wouldn't mind hiring Ron Zook. He's the Saints defensive coordinator and he was a Chiefs defensive coach last year.

KC Jones
11-27-2000, 02:12 PM
JQ, you're a sick poet pup...

So why don't you shut the **** up...

just kidding of course, the raiders are good

better then I thought they ever would

but I'm sick of having to look at Gruden

his silly smile and his face of brooden

I have a feeling the Raiders will fold

because as we all know...the Raiders suck... :D

Okay Gaz...I would definitely agree with that choice...think we can get Gun to take a demotion...let JR be HC...ahhhhhh!

------------------
joe

[This message has been edited by 58Forever (edited 11-27-2000).]

Cormac
11-27-2000, 02:18 PM
Any coincedence the Saints D looks like the Chiefs D of old?

Joe... keep hanging on to those "fade" dreams....hehe

KC Jones
11-27-2000, 02:21 PM
have to hold on to 'em JQ...I can't have everything in my life going crazy... :(

I can't believe I'm saying this but I am impressed with the way the Raiders have handled their success to this point...no fading at all...Gruden is a good coach who seems to have the team motivated well...still think you have to watch out for the big post season let down though.... :p

------------------
joe

dtforever
11-27-2000, 02:39 PM
Chief fans,

While I agree that the Chiefs coaching sucks, making JUST a change a coaching isnt going to get the job done. The Chiefs have a bunch of career underachievers that suck no matter who the coach is. Chester, Dan Williams, Lew Bush, Carlton Gray, ect. They dont have the players to be a good defense and they dont have the coaching. Peterson should be shot for signing these losers. Chester is a known cancer, Williams bailed on the Chiefs for a year, the 1-11 Chargers didnt need Bush, and Gray was cut twice before he signed. In addition to an overhaul in the front office, the Chiefs desperately need a guy who can get to the QB. LoRoi Glover is the main reason the Saints defense is so good. Just like Jevon Kearse was key for the Titans, and Derrick Thomas was key for the Chiefs for so many years.

It takes much more than just coaching. Some of you guys need a reality check: The Chief players arent as good as you think. Not even close.

KC Jones
11-27-2000, 02:52 PM
I beg to differ Pack Fan...I think our players are as talented as we think...save the few exceptions that you mentioned...and even they are better than most...they lack motivation...if that is their fault...then fine...they need to be gone...if that is the coaches fault...then they need to go...

IMO we are every bit as talented as Miami or the Jets...we just haven't played that way...

broncosrule
11-27-2000, 03:00 PM
Packfan, Chet had a great game yesterday. That's at least two straight for him. He may have started slow, but he's turned it on now while everyone else has regressed. Give him his props.

------------------
GO PITT!

Hog Rider1
11-27-2000, 03:12 PM
Pitt Gorilla,

As much as I hate to say this, I agree with Packman's assessment of McGlockton & Williams. The press makes it a big deal to talk about Chesters encroachment/off-sides penalties. He did it again yesterday and it gave the Chargers a 1st down.

I'm all for cutting both of them lose after this year and draft at least two defensive tackles in next years draft. And I'd use the first round pick on a DT.

G_Man
11-27-2000, 03:42 PM
Shaw is awful. He's the 4th Stooge.

Kurt Surber
11-27-2000, 03:49 PM
If one play can break a player's plate [see, Simmons, Wayne - MNF], the offsides by McGlockton last week against the Bills does it for me. 80,000 fans screaming, Bills backed up to shadow of own goal-line, Johnson looking nervous, this is the reason they call it home field advantage. Then Chester 'the snap-count molester' saves the Bills the trouble and jumps offsides himself. Why didn't just flip the crowd 'the bird' instead?

DoktorSmith
11-27-2000, 04:05 PM
DO NOT HIRE FROM WITHIN!!! We need an outsider to come in and take over as HC and GM. The rest of the coaching staff will fall inline accordingly. The new coach will have absolutely NO ties to the current coaching staff and will make all of the CORRECT and necessary changes. None of the coaches in the organization are ready for the HC responsibility as of yet. Not until they are mentored by a proven leader will they be ready to step in to a HC position.

ddpatterson
11-27-2000, 04:06 PM
While i definitely think La'Roi Glover has a lot to do with NO's defensive success, you have to give a lot of the credit to the coaching staff. Although he was always an above average player IMO, he was never really heard of until this year because the coaching staff moved him from NT to a DT position on the OG's outside shoulder. Our coaches would be too dumb to make any adjustments like that. We focus on moving FBs to HBs.

As for Ron Zook as HC, I wouldn't object. Right now I think we NEED a defensive coach, just not Gun. I think it actually IS a coincidence, however, that the NO D looks like the old Chiefs because Zook was only here for one year ('99, not exactly a year of stellar D), if I'm not mistaken. They also have McCarthy as OC down in NO, who I wouldn't mind having back. Too bad we let the good ones go and keep the Schotts, Rayes, and Stocks.

KC Jones
11-27-2000, 04:49 PM
Okay, so apparently Shaw would not be the perferred choice...that being the case...who is available?.....

------------------
joe

Political Observer
11-27-2000, 06:21 PM
Some names have been metioned in previous posts.
Gary Kubiac and Marvin Lewis (Ravens DC) as well as Ron Zook as possible HC Candidates. The more I've thought about it, the more I like Lewis, as long as he brings Jack Del Rio, Ravens LB coach along as the Chiefs' new DC. He's a young guy with an agressive attitude, that many people feel is on his way to becoming a HC somewhere in a very short time.
the milkman
he'd kick some slacker a$$

Luzap
11-27-2000, 06:24 PM
We DEFINATELY need YOUNG and new blood.

I like all of the names mentioned except Kubiak. Im not convinced he's really contributing to Denver's success.

One thing is for sure, we need an offensive minded HC.

ddpatterson
11-27-2000, 06:28 PM
The more I think about it, the more I want to get a defensive-minded HC like the ones mentioned: Lewis, Zook, etc. He would definitely have to have a mind for offense, but I just think we need a bigger fix on D than O right now. A RB would solve most of our offensive problems, along with an effective gameplan and a competent coordinator. Our defense and STs need a lot more work.

[This message has been edited by G_Man (edited 11-27-2000).]