PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Raiders rule the world!!

Gaz
08-21-2000, 03:43 PM
Thought I'd plant the RAIDER flag here as well. RAIDER recap so far.

1) New aggressive defensive scheme looks great! First team D hasn't allowed a first down through the whole first qtr. the past two games.

2) Offensive line and running game looks strong. Wheatley looks stronger and more sure than last year.

3) Jerry Porter will be great. Reminds me of Keyshawn the way he runs routes and blocks. Should have been a top 15 pick, IMO.

4) Jano has struggled a bit adjusting to th 9 step kickoff approach vs. the 7 step college approach. Strongest leg strength I've ever seen.

5) Team chemistry is great. Gruden is a leader. He is similar to Parcells in that players love to play for him.

------------------

Kiss My A_s_s I'm A Raiders Fan!!

ct
08-21-2000, 03:45 PM
hboy--

Don't forget:

New-blood WR Andre Rison!!! WOO HOO!!!

What was Al thinking...

Eric

BroncoFan
08-21-2000, 03:47 PM
Hey, JQ. Andre Rison needs a loan. He's good for it. Trust me!

------------------
[i]"Regular" as in "Contributes Often" not shits on schedule.</I>

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 03:47 PM
Hey, wait a minute you guys said no trolls here. What gives?

jes bustin your chops hb.

------------------
~Duckaholic~
[i]Shoot 'em in the lips</I>

Shootr
08-21-2000, 03:48 PM
guess we had to welcome our first troll sooner or later. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/wink.gif

Welcome jq! Good to have you(did I really just say that?).

ct

Gaz
Thought I'd drop in to say what's up!

This IS a good format if you can get the thread heding to post top to bottom rather than bottom to top.
Is there an edit function?

This is the same format as the Jim Rome BB which I left because it was turning into a picture posting contest.
Lots of luck Chiefie boys, see ya!

------------------

AustinChief
Holy ****...the profanity filter doesn't check the signature...Kyle?

------------------
:rolleyes:Parker:D

[i]It is no coincidence that fascism is often referred to as a "reactionary movement".</I>

shakesthecat
08-21-2000, 03:49 PM
there goes the neighborhood.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

------------------
joe

"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car."

BroncoFan
08-21-2000, 03:51 PM
Shockey, make sure you credit Jack Handy on that quote....

------------------
[i]"Regular" as in "Contributes Often" not shits on schedule.</I>

Lurker Brett
08-21-2000, 03:53 PM
Pineapple!! Wassup, my little biatch?!

K.M.A.I.A.C.F.Y.F! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Gaz
08-21-2000, 03:54 PM
HM,

Any vet of this forum knows that there are ways around the filter.

Rison is not a bad risk at the minimum salary. Hopefully he'll be wanting to prove the Chiefs wrong. Did you guys know he was paid 300,000 by KC to renogotiate his salary this year? Remember that when he scores against you.

------------------

[This message has been edited by hawaiianboy (edited 08-21-2000).]

shakesthecat
08-21-2000, 03:55 PM
Kphobia, you mean it's one of his deep thougths?....I saw it on a bumper sticker...

shakesthecat
08-21-2000, 03:59 PM
Al Davis just signs our rejects to spite us...I'm surprised he didn't try to get Bam out of jail and sign him....

and to give Mr. Handy his due...I have added his name

------------------
joe
"I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car." (j. handy)

Gracie Dean
08-21-2000, 06:08 PM
JQ welcome aboard even if you are a Davis kissin cousin. Rison ought to help Jano stay in trouble and maybe Jano can teach Rison about those special mixed drinks.

------------------
Jim Reynolds

58Forever
08-21-2000, 06:12 PM
I'd like to know what world you're in, cause I'd like to stay FAR away. Any team that's 3-18 out of the last 21 games shouldn't be ruling anything.

Duck Dog
08-21-2000, 06:48 PM
j q:

Whassup!!!!

We all need a poster boy to kick around!!! Thanks for dropping in to give us someone to kick around!!!

mmaddog
Release The Hounds!!!!!

alanm
08-21-2000, 06:53 PM
Rison signed with Oakland because he heard Jano could keep him out of jail. He has such a great rapport with law enforcement.

:rolling eyes

alanm
08-21-2000, 06:54 PM
what am I doing wrong on the smilies?

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 07:52 PM
Oakland raiders rule what???/

The only world the oakland raiders rule is one where Rick Springfield is still in the top 10, inch wide glitter ties are still popular, and the Aries KCar is the future of gas economical vehicles around the world.

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 07:52 PM
KC Red put a : before AND after the rolling eyes.

G_Man
08-21-2000, 07:55 PM
Which world, the bizzaro world? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 07:56 PM
Da Wolf...

LOL!

Me Rich Gannon, me have friend Andre Rison and we be good enough to win everyting from other teams. We have de trophy and make Master Davis real proud.

Cannibal
08-21-2000, 08:08 PM
Hey HawaiianBoy.....you are a prophet, and I see your take on world domination as astute. Porter was a force out there against the Boys. He was blocking those guys so hard they wanted to fight him. I watched Kowski make three 57-yarders in a row off the dirt in practice, then he barely missed from 60. David Dunn was tough, also.

Are you the jq HawaiianBoy?

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 08:17 PM
Duck, Glad you made it over...

http://www.geocities.com/russandbeth/bizzaro.jpg

Me Bizzaro Raider

Gracie Dean
08-21-2000, 08:20 PM
That SuperRaider is too energetic to be real.

------------------
Jim Reynolds

Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

AustinChief
08-21-2000, 08:24 PM
Jim, Actually it is a picture of Andre Rison after being out in Westport until 4:00 am. He put on the wrong costume before heading to the field.

Gracie Dean
08-21-2000, 08:31 PM
LMAO, they will love the dre on a Friday night (if he survives). http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

------------------
Jim Reynolds

Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

G_Man
08-21-2000, 09:00 PM
Looks kinda like Bresnahan...

Chiefnj
08-21-2000, 09:00 PM
Yeah right... they couldn't even beat Denver last year during the horrific 6-10 campaign.

<BR>

Gaz
08-21-2000, 10:47 PM
Well, I see the change of address hasn't improved your smaque talk ability any.
Pretty weak efforts guys!

Take your shots now. The regular season won't afford you many chances.

------------------
The only way to brainwash a Chiefs fan is to give him an enema.

------------------

[This message has been edited by hawaiianboy (edited 08-21-2000).]

Frazod
08-21-2000, 10:55 PM
Pineapple, nice to see you in yet another BB. We've got to stop running into each other like this. I've been laying kinda low, hoping my team gives me some ammunition to throw at you in '00. I'll see ya over at nfltalk.com for the real rants. Enjoy Rison...

Gaz
08-21-2000, 11:00 PM
Azzzzzzzzzman...

Gave up the NFLtalk gig... Too many morons... If I feel like throwing an old fashioned rant maybe I'll go to Jim Rome's site. I killed them last year to the point they were posting pictures for smaque.

------------------

sd4chiefs
08-21-2000, 11:05 PM
"Oakland Raiders rule the world" ???

Hmmm? . . . . . you mean the world of mediocrity?

(sorry, had to do it)

Frazod
08-21-2000, 11:13 PM
Pineapple, when did you leave nfltalk.com? You Detroit, 69er, Bronco Bradely, HC and I had a pretty little good AFC West Crew going. I stopped posting daily but planned on going back once the season got rolling. Ignore the morons...

Gaz
08-21-2000, 11:20 PM
Azzzzzz,

Too many morons there. All it did was irritate me. I don't have too much time to post any way, got alot of travel time coming soon.
I do get to take in the Raider/ Seahawk game this week with the possibility of sideline passes.

------------------

WarPaint
08-21-2000, 11:39 PM
hello barndts twin long time since i have seen you on a board, were have you been????? and hey jq whats up with the attitude???? oh well to be excpected from a raider fan.

Gaz
08-21-2000, 11:44 PM
Cash?

Attitude??

Please elabrorate.......

------------------

Kiss My A_s_s I'm A Raiders Fan !!

sd4chiefs
08-21-2000, 11:47 PM
CASHMAN: Hey! it has been a while. I've been gone most of the summer. I dropped in a couple times on the "other" BB, but not too much football talk was going on so I chose to abstain.

Anyway, great new place that Kyle(AustinChief) set up here!

BTW, you'll have to excuse jq's attitude: Being a Raider fan he's pretty much bitter about life and the fact that his team hasn't seen a playoff game from the sidelines in about 7 years. We feel for you, jq. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

gh4chiefs
08-21-2000, 11:48 PM
jq, cool your going to the game! Is Rison going to play?..

WarPaint
08-21-2000, 11:51 PM
I hear you tom butt you cant blame him for being a true fan, so why is he posting on a chiefs board?????? you do remember me tom from the BB as CASH??? i am sure you do oh well its great to have you back on board and posting again.
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/cool.gif

Gaz
08-21-2000, 11:54 PM
Joe,

Yep... got a comp ticket and sideline pass.... Don't know a thing about Rison.... All I know is the boys look good....
I love the new defensive scheme we got (hope the Chiefs are enjoying Shaws soft zones) and the way we run the ball...

It's going to be a good year for the Raiders.

------------------

Kiss My A_s_s I'm A Raiders Fan !!

sd4chiefs
08-22-2000, 12:09 AM
CASHMAN: Yeah, sure I remember you. You posted under Scott Cash on the "other" BB, right?

As far as jq goes, you have to admire him. He is definitely a true fan. I feel sorry for him of course, but nevertheless I admire him.

It's good to be back and good to hear from you again.

WarPaint
08-22-2000, 12:13 AM
You are good TOM, yes admire is all i can say about jq. but oh well so what have you done this summer anything exciting????

sd4chiefs
08-22-2000, 12:22 AM
CASHMAN: A few things. Took a couple family vacations with the wife and son to Texas and Florida.

I spent a large part of my summer in Atlanta because of my job. I normally work in KC but they needed me in Atlanta for most of the summer to do some training and other things. It was okay, but I missed my family.

Glad to be Home and ready for football season to start!!!!

GO CHIEFS!!!

WarPaint
08-22-2000, 12:26 AM
TOM-were do you live at in KC?? north south?? i just moved from out north at the coves a few years back.

sd4chiefs
08-22-2000, 12:34 AM
CASHMAN: Technically, I'm not in KC(even though I consider myself as being). I'm in a little suburb south of KC called Lee's Summit.

WarPaint
08-22-2000, 12:36 AM
TOM- right outside of independence correct????

------------------
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sd4chiefs
08-22-2000, 12:45 AM
CASHMAN: pretty much. I'm about 10 minutes south of there.

WarPaint
08-22-2000, 12:47 AM
TOM- i worked in independence for awhile and also know alot of people there as well. well i am off to bed so take care and i will talk at you later.

sd4chiefs
08-22-2000, 12:50 AM
CASHMAN: Goodnight. One more post and I'm saying goodnight too!

sd4chiefs
08-22-2000, 12:51 AM
Alas, my work here is finished.

(feeling like he accomplished something tonight)