PDA

View Full Version : More details on the Stai trade...

G_Man
08-21-2000, 09:40 PM
President/general manager Carl Peterson said the Chiefs would receive either a fourth- or fifth-round pick from Jacksonville in last week's trade that sent guard Brenden Stai to the Jaguars.

The Chiefs would receive a fourth-round pick if Stai starts nine or more games. Otherwise, it's a fifth-rounder.
http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/sports.pat,sports/3774b285.821,.html <P>

Frazod
08-21-2000, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the information regarding Stai's trade. I think we should get the fourth round pick provided Stai can stay healthy.<BR>

htismaqe
08-21-2000, 09:45 PM
In that case (listening to the Jacksonville commentators this last game) it will be a fourth. They were really building him up.

I was hoping for a 3rd, but I guess it's pretty much a free pick for us anyway.

Luz
way to go carl!...

One Arrowhead Dave
08-21-2000, 10:30 PM
Does anybody have a preference: Stai vs Blackshear? I knew virtually nothing about either before they came to KC. But Stai seemed to be a good run-blocker, could get out ahead and clear a path, according to Gun. Thoughts?

FloridaChief
08-21-2000, 10:34 PM
Cormac - Stai was 5th on the depth chart at OG. Blackshear, at #3, was clearly ahead of him.

Frazod
08-21-2000, 10:36 PM
Cormac, I watched Stai a lot at Nebraska a lot. I really liked him, he'll be a solid guard for Jacksonville. I know very little about Blackshear except for last years Street and Smith's said he's ready to have a break out year and be an All Pro. I guess that didn't happen. Oh yeah, he's huge as well.

htismaqe
08-21-2000, 10:39 PM
Call me a homer, but I pretty much trust Carl and Gun on this one.

I was thinking that maybe there was an ulterior motive for picking up the extra pick, but time seems to be running out for any kind of trade option.

Luz
but you never know...

One Arrowhead Dave
08-21-2000, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. The only impression I had got was that Blackshear was overweight and there might have been some concern over his motivation. But that was very early in TC. I am not concerned about Stai leaving, I am sure they (Carl and Gun) know what they're up to. FWIW, I thought that was excellent work by CP, signing these guys to try to ensure that the O-line stayed at the highest level.

By the way, speaking of CP, how much peace and quiet will this BB have before we are graced by the presence of Packfan..... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

htismaqe
08-21-2000, 10:56 PM
Pakfan is welcome here.

We need opinions from people that think differently from ourselves...

Luz
can't believe I really said that...

Gracie Dean
08-21-2000, 10:58 PM
Luz,

I even promise on free spin card on the Carl Peterson rant if he visits. We do need opposing opinions because without them all is boring. Ignoring my own signature!

------------------
Jim Reynolds

Please no squiggles in my discussion zone!

One Arrowhead Dave
08-21-2000, 11:07 PM
The sad thing is, Packfan does have a point. He just resorts to insults when you challenge him, as I learned a long time ago. So I just choose to ignore his posts most of the time.

DaKCMan AP
08-21-2000, 11:40 PM
A bizzaro Bam Morris deal?

58Forever
08-22-2000, 05:35 AM
I want a #4, and I prefer the 350lb giant Blackshear over Stai.

BroncoFan
08-22-2000, 06:14 AM
I prefer a #3 but I'm not gonna get greedy at this point....

JOhn
08-22-2000, 06:17 AM
#4 is not bad. I would have preferred a 3.

------------------
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?

alanm
08-22-2000, 06:34 AM
I think the signing of both Blackshear and Stai, was an audition to next year with Szott leaving. When Blackshear took his place while he was rehabilitating, I thought that he had probably won the job. The contracts were about the same, so the cap hit is minimal. A fourth or fifth, is a good pickup, for what we spent.