PDA

View Full Version : Attn. Fantasy Gurus and WannaBes alike!!

Coogs
08-25-2000, 02:36 PM
Will be heading out shortly for my league's draft 2nite, with the KC@TB game on a big-screen for all to see.

Our league is a one-player keeper league, and my franchise guy is Fred Taylor. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif
Just couldn't bring myself to give him up.
I should note here, that our scoring system is heavily skewed for Rbs. They are snatched up VERY quickly.

IF, and I repeat IF, I'm able to swing a top Rb as my #2 back, I'm hoping to snag Stacey Mack late as my #4(insurance policy), and TRich as #3, depending on the flow. Just a hunch Tony is gonna see 10 or more touches a game, and unless a gem drops in my lap, 10 touches a game from my #3 Rb ain't too shabby.

Now I freely offered all opinions I could come up w/ for your teams, I could use all your constructive criticisms in return.

Thoughts?

------------------
ct
the freedom of choice is truth
the fear to choose is [b]hypocricy</B>

sd4chiefs
08-25-2000, 02:42 PM
I'd stay away from KC backs. You know as well as the rest of us that there is no "rhyme of reason" for who gets the ball in KC. I'd be thrilled if Richardson got 10 touches per game but I think a more realistic number is 3-5 per game. I wouldn't expect too much in terms of fantasy results from any KC back...

AZ

KCTitus
08-25-2000, 02:42 PM
coryt

You do know Fred Taylor is on the injured list for a few weeks yet don't you?

Yosef_Malkovitch
08-25-2000, 02:52 PM
I've had to restrain myself from being a homer for the last several years of FF. I don't select ANYBODY on the Chiefs except TG & sometimes Edwards, Hasty, or Dishman for a defensive player...

Coogs
08-25-2000, 02:57 PM
Yes, Coogs. Hence the http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

Homer is in full swing, which is exactly why I'm asking my fellow homers if I'm nuts or not? Your point AZ, is precisely why I don't just do it. I'm really high on TRich's potential given any anount of significant touches per game, consistently.

Am I completely overconfident Gun can see what most of us see? If not, does he have the nads to do what he needs to do?

In projecting who may be available at the point I'll look for a #3 Rb, this is about the only 'value' pick, even if it comes with high risk.

Some others I think will be remaining on top of the Rb board:
Fazande/Chauncey (but which one?)
KFaulk
LSmith/JJJohnson
Tiki Barber(maybe)
Like I said, Rbs go very early.

ct

Coogs
08-25-2000, 03:30 PM
Anything else?

Really guys, gimme a quick sound bite before I'm outa here, you thoughts please?

------------------
ct
'Don't think meat, just throw.'

[This message has been edited by coryt (edited 08-28-2000).]

Coogs
08-28-2000, 11:13 AM
Ok, I'll try this again. The draft is done, and with only one possible exception, if I get lucky, here is my roster to start the season.

QBs - T.Aikman, B.Griese (this one hurt, a Cowboy and a Donkey!)
RBs - F.Taylor, J.Stewart, T.Jones, T.Richardson, T.Barber
WRs - C.Carter, R.Ismail, C.Johnson, B.Schroeder, A.Becht
PKs - M.Stover, J.Hanson
Def(team D + STs) - KC CHIEFS!!

I feel damn good about my RBs, even better if FreddieT can get back and stay healthy(crossing fingers as I type, not easy to do, btw).

Got two solid kickers, and a ball-hawking D(I hope).

Not too excited about my Qbs, but fantasy wise, I think I'm OK.

Little unsure of my WRs. Carter will put up the stats, and Ismail and Schroeder should put up decent stats as well. Charles Johnson I just have a good feelin about, but I remind myself, this is still Philly. Becht was a late round sleeper potential pick. Sacrificed proven depth here as a hedge on FreddieT's injury history, taking more Rbs early.

The one exception is Stephen Davis, a franchised player whose owner did not show for the draft. From a league vote, it was determined Davis would be protected through the draft, but available as a FA, TODAY!! Of course everybody wants him in a drop/add, so a lottery will be held late on Monday afternoon. This would be sweet!!!

Thoughts?

------------------
ct
'Don't think meat, just throw.'

alanm
08-28-2000, 11:23 AM
coryt-

I agree that you are out on a limb with your WRs. I would not yet be thrilled with KC for ST [and I am starting to question them on D as well], though perhaps the youth movement will help you out there. However, that same youth movement might hurt you on D. Aikman will be a fine FFL QB, though I would not be all that excited about Griese this season.

Good luck.

xoxo~
gaz
wannabe [heavy on the “wanna” and light on the “be”] guru.<BR>

Coogs
08-28-2000, 11:30 AM
This thread appears to be experiencing technical difficulties, so I'll try this again. My apologies for any repetitions.
-----------------------------------------

Coogs
08-29-2000, 09:27 AM
Feelin better and better about my team every day!!

Yesterday, Thomas Jones officially named the starting HB week 1.

Today, TRich officially named the starting HB week 1!

FreddieT comes back week 3(maybe week 2), and I've got four starting HBs on my roster, baby!!!

Now if my WRs pan out as I hope...

------------------
ct
[i]'Don't think meat, just throw.'</I>