PDA

View Full Version : LMAO @ the Redskins...

Michael Michigan
09-18-2000, 11:05 PM
I hope they get crushed in New York next week...

The_Grand_Illusion
09-18-2000, 11:16 PM
I know. I've always rooted against the Cowboys (Unless they are playing an AFC team other than the Chiefs) but tonight I couldn't help but pull for them. It makes me feel better about our team when I look at "The best team that money can buy" who barely beat an average at best Carolina team, and lose to an always streaky and questionable Lions squad and a pretty banged up Cowboys team that was coming off two very difficult losses.

Woodrow
09-18-2000, 11:20 PM
lets see:

redskins: 1-2 $100 million spent on over the hill has beens

chiefs: 1-2 5 rookies making contributions in the third week of the season.

1-2 sucks either way but id much rather be in our position, with a future

GO CHIEFS!!!!

ChiefsAlltheWay
09-19-2000, 06:41 AM
That was pretty funny seeing Deion getting everybody all hyped up so he could drop the punt. I think that Jeff George will be the starter by the time the Skins host the Bucs in 2 weeks.

bugseytheairdale
09-19-2000, 06:51 AM
Yeah, that Snyder jerk looked like Gunther did in Tennessee, pissed and confused at the same time. Baahhahaaahaaa!

Mosbonian
09-19-2000, 06:53 AM
Hail to the Redskins....FWIW, the same people who just 3 short weeks ago were talking Super Bowl and how great Norv Turner was now want Norv fired, Johnson benched and Deion ran out of town.<P>

G_Man
09-19-2000, 07:02 AM
I loved it when it happened to the NHL NY Rangers last season, highest paid team and didn't even make it to the playoff's. I'm hoping that it happens to the Skins as well. It just bothers me when someone tries to buy the championships, you know like baseball...

ansonsdad
09-19-2000, 07:11 AM
I have to agree gentlemen. I was caught up in some kind of unexplainable Twilight Zone like Vortex myself, rooting for the Cowboys. (Very Rare) The look on that spoiled brat Snyders face was worth staying up for all by itself. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

It looks like they're still the "deadskins!"

DoubleWannaB
09-19-2000, 07:31 AM
Thank you DaWolf, I think it's great...a lot of people said the Redskins bought themselves a SB...I said no way...my prediction was that they would be the most disappointing team in the NFL...so far my prediction has come true...

I wonder who Mr. Snyder will fire first?... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I love it when greedy bastiges don't get what they want.... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/tongue.gif

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Mosbonian
09-19-2000, 08:12 AM
Had to post this from NFLTalk...

IDIOT OF THE DAY: In trying to determine what was the most embarrassing aspect of the Monday Night game in which the Cowboys steamrolled the Redskins, I've determined that it has GOT to be Deion Sanders' arm-waving, taunting, girly dance as he was getting ready to receive a punt in the 4th quarter. No, it wasn't just the dance... it was the fact that when he tried to catch the ball, it bounced right off his face mask, came loose, and almost resulted in a fumble. This is from the same guy who said recently, 'They've cleared a place for my bust in Canton, let's be honest'...<BR>

flowergirl
09-19-2000, 08:17 AM
Talk about poor coaching!! Norv Turner might be the most inept putz I've ever seen on the sideline...except for Jerry Glanville. He'd fit right in with KC. Shame on anyone that wants this idiot in KC. That final possession was one of the worst 2 minute drills I've ever seen...outside of KC.

The Redskins DID waste piles of money on Sanders and Smith, but the Chiefs' are still going to be farther over the cap than Washington next year.

Mosbonian
09-19-2000, 08:19 AM
Next year, yes. Because the salaries dont start escalating for another year. AFter 2001, we'll see who's in better shape cap wise.

Dont panic, Clint. EG's not going to get that roster bonus. He will get a long term deal.

bugseytheairdale
09-19-2000, 08:28 AM
Yeah, that Snyder jerk looked like Gunther did in Tennessee, pissed and confused at the same time. Baahhahaaahaaa!

bigdaddychieffan
09-19-2000, 08:38 AM
So, what's the over/under on Snyder's canning Norv(el) by November?

Snapper
09-19-2000, 08:53 AM
Just take a look at their schedule. They could easily start out 1-5. It'd just a matter of time before jeff George takes over and it wouldn't surprise me if it's as soon as next week. Watching Snyder squirm is almost as much fun as watching Al Davis. BTW, Someone ought to tell Deion that he looks like a retard with that over sized jersey tied in knots.

Mosbonian
09-19-2000, 08:56 AM
It's not the jersey that makes Deion look like a retard. Have you seen his other attire?

Whoever said 'A fool and his money are soon parted' was speaking of Deion.

[This message has been edited by KCTitus (edited 09-19-2000).]

flowergirl
09-19-2000, 09:05 AM
Unless Grbac improves greatly upon last season, he should not get a long-term deal that makes it impossible to dump him.

The idea of Grbac in KC for another 5 or 6 years turns my stomach. He is 30. His physical skills are going to start eroding before any long-term deal is fulfilled...and he isn't the most durable guy in the world...especially after Grunhard retires and Shields leaves after this season!

mikey23545
09-19-2000, 09:10 AM
Yeah,

I think it's a little early to start saying Grbac will get a long term deal.

Just because he had five td passes against two backup corners doesn't mean he's our new QBOTF. He might have five bad games in a row. Plus, you never know when he might get injured again. <P>

Mosbonian
09-19-2000, 09:41 AM
Yesterday's game has nothing to do with my assertion that he will get a long term deal although it did help his case.

Im guessing that like the previous year, he will renegotiate and wont get paid the bonus. That negotiation will mean a few years at the least to spread the impact of signing bonus paid to him.

flowergirl
09-19-2000, 09:43 AM
True...but hopefully his new deal won't force KC to keep him solely because of salary cap implications if they do decide to go in another direction.

Michael Michigan
09-19-2000, 07:18 PM
It's very simple. If Grbac performs well this year he gets an extension. If he does not perform well he gets cut after June 1.

As far as his skills eroding after 30, there are some guys who get better after that age. Look at Beurlein, Testaverde, Chandler, etc. If he's got it, he'd have another 5-6 years in him. He's not all that mobile in the first place, so that wouldn't hurt him. I think he's the type of QB ho would improve as his knowledge of defenses increases and he becomes more savvy as he gets more PT under his belt. But we'll have to wait and see how the rest of this year unfolds...