PDA

View Full Version : Gun probably feels the same, the coaches are not on the fireld.

ChiTown
09-20-2000, 12:08 PM
Fassel isn't blaming special teams coach
Tuesday, September 19, 2000

EAST RUTHERFORD -- He doesn't have too many qualms about his offense or his defense, but Jim Fassel still has concerns about his special teams.

"We can't keep a high-water mark in all areas," he said in the wake of mistakes in Sunday's 14-7 win over the Bears. "Our coverages were much better, but the problem was in our field goal and point-after-touchdown teams."

Fassel said there were four miscues by that unit: a missed field goal attempt by Brad Daluiso, two blocked field goal attempts, and an extra point converted despite a low snap. He absolved special teams coach Larry McDuff for the continuing problems.

"I can evaluate coaches and I'll make changes if needed," Fassel said. "I'm not happy with what happened in the game, not one bit. But Larry's not out there blocking or holding the ball. Because this team is so thin and I want to keep it healthy, he's been directed not to use a lot of [veteran] people. So we're going to play with some young guys and go through some growing pains."

-The Giants special teams are having problems so it must be the coaches fault. This means Fassel is a stooge too.

------------------
CHIEFS

[This message has been edited by Best-in-West (edited 09-20-2000).]

AustinChief
09-20-2000, 12:12 PM
The situation with the Giants' special teams is far different than what we have. Those guys aren't filling their lanes and wrapping up. That falls firmly on the shoulders of the players.

Our problems, especially on offense, are because of playcalling. If anything, we did best on Sunday when Grbac called the plays. We won in spite of our coaches.

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>