PDA

View Full Version : SI King's MMQB

BroncoFan
09-25-2000, 09:17 AM
9. I think Tony Gonzales is the best tight end in football. Catching 10 at Mile High will do that to a reputation.

Thanks for noticing, Peter.<P>

G_Man
09-25-2000, 09:22 AM
Any TE who gets double teamed 3 weeks in a row has got to be pretty high on the list of TE's, I don't think that many are double teamed.

BroncoFan
09-25-2000, 09:24 AM
Bob Dole is excited about the possibilities, now that Alexander has managed to not drop everything thrown his way and Morris (though a bit shaky yesterday) has been allowed to show his stuff. If our coaches can continue to capitalize on things, the future looks bright indeed.

At some point, defenses are going to start cheating the pass instead of the run, and that ought to open things up for whoever we finally start feeding the ball. Tony helped by illustrating again that one guy just can't handle his coverage.

[This message has been edited by Robert_Dole (edited 09-25-2000).]

Boise_Chief
09-25-2000, 09:34 AM
Our passing game is very exciting right now, and I think it could be our savior against teams like the Rams. However, without a running game, EG is going to be seeing multiple blitz packages in his face. We have got to get some assemblance of a running game going if we want to keep our QB alive.

Question is: Is our lack of running productivity due to poor blocking, poor RB execution, poor RB talent, poor play design, what?? This is a mystery to me, but I have not witnessed a tremendous amount of offensive line run blocking in any game (except, possibly SD).

Boise_Chief
09-25-2000, 09:35 AM
Our passing game is very exciting right now, and I think it could be our savior against teams like the Rams. However, without a running game, EG is going to be seeing multiple blitz packages in his face. We have got to get some assemblance of a running game going if we want to keep our QB alive.

Question is: Is our lack of running productivity due to poor blocking, poor RB execution, poor RB talent, poor play design, what?? This is a mystery to me, but I have not witnessed a tremendous amount of offensive line run blocking in any game (except, possibly SD).

DoubleWannaB
09-25-2000, 09:54 AM
Can you believe we're excited about our passing game?...finally, we have the tools...the WRs and TEs and even a QB that can get the job done...

Double Gonzo and Morris and Alexander burns you...Apparently the Broncs choose to double Morris yesterday and Gonzo went crazy...the best part was that EG didn't look to Gonzo on every play...use to be that on a critical drive...like the winning TD yesterday, EG would zero in on one guy and throw it too him no matter what...Denver expected the pass to go to Gonzo and EG goes to DA...this could be very exciting... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

I can't believe I'm saying this but I sure hope the Chiefs can find a running game...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Michael Michigan
09-25-2000, 02:58 PM
ESPN's Joe Theismann reviews five things we learned on Sunday:

3. What has gotten into the Chiefs and quarterback Elvis Grbac?
Elvis Grbac started to play this kind of football a year ago. He is a much more confident football player.

One key to his emergence has been his health. Last year, when ESPN aired the Chiefs 11th game, it was Grbac's 11th start, the longest stretch of his career. Whether he was a backup in San Francisco or he was hurt before that, he never really settled into the position. The more you play quarterback, the more of a feel you get for the game. You are much more familiar with what your offense can do. That's what we are seeing from Grbac. He's continuing to play at a high level he established last year.