PDA

View Full Version : Post your game summary/thoughts here

Pages : 1 [2]

egonzo
09-10-2000, 02:13 PM
GMan, I can't tell you how much fun I'm going to have ignoring your smart *** comments. By the end of the season, you could be writing for Dennis Miller.

Chiefnj
09-10-2000, 02:14 PM
Why couldn't they just get blown out like they were supposed to? I was prepared for that. But no, they get my hopes up and crush me like a bug as usual.

No depression in the world like Griefs depression. Damn these guys!

[This message has been edited by frazod (edited 09-10-2000).]

Clint in Wichita
09-10-2000, 02:14 PM
Crap, well we blew another one.

When was the last time we were behind the Raiders in the standings by 2 games?

dnvrCHIEFSfn
09-10-2000, 02:15 PM
All things considered, I think we did great, and I am not ashamed of this loss.

KCWolfman
09-10-2000, 02:15 PM
Damn this coaching staff.

Playing not to lose means playing not to win.

We'd moved the ball at will when Elvis was passing the ball. Hey, we've got a lead, lets RUN the damn ball over and over.

Geez!

------------------
Misplaced Chiefs Fan
Red and Gold on the Warpath
Nightwolf Graphics (http://www.nightwolfgraphics.com)

KCCory
09-10-2000, 02:16 PM
this is too cruel http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif

Yosef_Malkovitch
Why, when the pass is working does K.C. start running again?

------------------
WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!

Chiefnj
Time to rehash that WE SHOULD HAVE KEPT GANNON thing? What a stud.

dnvrCHIEFSfn
09-10-2000, 02:17 PM
If they played my baby, they would win,,,, http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif ....Just kidding...

Luzap
09-10-2000, 02:17 PM
This game falls directly on GUNTHER and the 3 STOOGES...not the refs, not the ST, not the Defense. This game shows that GC has absolutely no clue as to what he is doing. We gave away a chance at 3 points early in the game to try and get 7 with a play that everyone in the stadium and viewing audience knew was coming.

mmaddog

------------------
"When you're not the lead dog in the pack, the view is always the same"

redshirt32
09-10-2000, 02:20 PM
Gunther is laying this on all the new players and the lack of experience new players bring... Bull$hit!!!!

Sad part is... he believes that...<BR>

Yosef_Malkovitch
09-10-2000, 02:23 PM
you know we are in trouble when the head coach has to sniff smelling salts to stay awake during the game. or do you think he was getting high?

------------------
WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH, THE TOUGH GET GOING!

Clint in Wichita
09-10-2000, 02:24 PM
This coaching staff will never open up the offense and be creative. The coaching staff of the Raiders for example did a great job in their game. We should be 2-0 and we're not. That falls on he HC...

JOhn
09-10-2000, 02:24 PM
Wanted:

OC and DC for a professional football team.

At least high school level experience a plus.

Apply at One Arrowhead Drive.

Luz
do it now...

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-10-2000, 02:26 PM
With a 98.12 QB rating that was brought down by the attempt to recover from idiotic coaching in the 4th, there shouldn't be any damned "Grbac vs. Gannon" crap.

Other than the intentional grounding, Elvis played a hell of a game.

Spooge
09-10-2000, 02:27 PM
Wanted:

OC and DC for a professional football team.

At least high school level experience a plus.

Apply at One Arrowhead Drive.

Forget High School experience... right now we just need an OC and DC with a high school education...

------------------
Lightening Crashes... and i am there...

Bob Dole
09-10-2000, 02:30 PM
Bob Dole,

a little angry are you??????????????

http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/frown.gif)<BR>

Clint in Wichita
09-10-2000, 02:31 PM
Elvis did play a hell of a game. Problem was he didn' get the opportunity he should have gotten. What I don't understand is why the coaching staff acts like they have less confidence in him than the fans do. Let er rip! Whitlock's last article which stated we should throw caution into the wind and just throw the ball and use our weapons was one of the very few articles he's written I've ever agreed with. We play not to lose. Other teams play to win...

KCCory
09-10-2000, 02:34 PM
Pete ****ing Stoyanovich has got to hit the ****ing road!!!

I am so tired of this crap!

chiefsfan58
09-10-2000, 02:35 PM
Man what a piece of crap coaching job. The playcalling by raye is pathetic. Why do we have to think to set up the pass we got to take 20 plays of the game and be unsuccessful? This is bull$hit and gun f#cked up. Period.

chiefsfan58
09-10-2000, 02:37 PM
We had two chances at field goals we didn't take! Why? We know this is going to be a low scoring game. Gun making a statement of attitude just cost you a loss. Period.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-10-2000, 02:43 PM
Bob Dole isn't a little angry.

Bob Dole is a LOT ANGRY.

Our players played their arses off, and the coaching staff ran around with the most serious case of cranio-rectal syndrome Bob Dole has ever witnessed.

Lurker Brett
09-10-2000, 02:56 PM
When in the hell is the idiotic coaching staff going to realize, you can't run the damn ball, without someone who can. I don't know if it is the fault of the line, the backs or who, but every damn time I see a sea of red jerseys, from the Chiefs, and white from the Titans, I know, there is going to be little or no gain. Who else in the stadium and the thousands watching, knew we would run the ball, with less than 3 min. remaining. We could have play actioned and who knows. Our coaching staff is clueless. And I love the zone having Wesley on a wideout, Christ, that was a tough loss.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-10-2000, 03:00 PM
Bob Dole would put the lack of a running game today on the O-Line. There were very few holes for the backs to hit.

Of course, few of the plays were actually imaginative enough to fool anyone. (Except thos 3rd and 14 runs...boy those were tricky.)

morphius
09-10-2000, 03:01 PM
Stoyoanovich and Kurt Schottenheimer cost KC this game.

Every week there's a different goat. Unbelievable!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif

------------------
This is my signature!! There are many like it but this one is mine!!

Clint in Wichita
09-10-2000, 03:02 PM
Gun is full of $hit.

"I told them either draft me a running back or a wide reciever, either one and we'd use em to improve the offense."

What he should have said was the truth. "You can draft whoever you want, but I don't care if I have to line Paul Palmer up in the backfield, we're going to run."

Gun is a dumbass. His promises the last two years to open up the offense and be more aggrressive have all vanished. He should be voted out of office...

Lurker Brett
09-10-2000, 03:03 PM
For whatever it is worth, heres my vote.

morphius
09-10-2000, 03:15 PM
The running game sucks arse when TR isn't running the ball. Why he didn't get more carries I have no idea.

If Cloud had cut inside of his blocker on that 4th and goal from the 3 like he obviously should've, he could've gotten 7 points. Instead, he showed us why he's a scrub RB.

------------------

broncosrule
09-10-2000, 03:33 PM
They played a good game today. Where we got hurt was not making use of Tony G. I don't know if that is more on play calling or the QB.

Huge mistake on Gun to be a stubborn a** on 4th and goal at the one. IT'S CALLED PLAY ACTION!!! IT USUALLY WORKS BEST WHEN THE D IS EXPECTING A RUN! (another spot we could have thrown to Tony G.). I agree with Clint on Cloud not reading the block right. If he had cut off of the butt of his blocker he probably would have made it. Why would you go where to blocker is taking him? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

Thanks Stoyanovich. http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/mad.gif 'NUFF SAID!

Defense rocked most of the game. If only our play calling on all offense could be as good as our defense. Can't bite on the "Music City Miracle".

Nice stick on McNair!!! http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

The straw that broke the Chiefs back? A couple of BS calls from the refs at key times during the game. Last time I checked the ball had to be catchable before it could be considered pass interference. Oh yeah, there also has to be a considerable amount of contact too.

We played pretty well overall. Losing in overtime to the Titans, when the majority was expecting a lot worse (myself included), isn't anything to be ashamed of.

[This message has been edited by Tomahawk 11 (edited 09-10-2000).]

morphius
09-10-2000, 03:35 PM
I'll probably say this two or three dozen times: The Chiefs would've won the game in regulation had Stoyo not missed that chip-shot. The "bad" calls didn't kill us today.

------------------

Bob Dole
09-10-2000, 03:47 PM
I am sorry they lost, but this week is not a good one to lose. Denver is up 27-9 chargers 17-7 seahawks are only 3 points behind the rams.... looks like this week we will be on the bottom of the standings box.

Bob Dole,
I knew you were just more than a little angry
http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

morphius
09-10-2000, 03:51 PM
In a worst case scenario, the Chiefs will get a high first round pick and a 5th place schedule.

Just seeing the silver lining...

------------------

bishop_74
09-10-2000, 03:54 PM
My view is there were two critical series that someone (Gun and Raye) had better learn from...

1st and goal from the three and you can't run the ball in.

1st and 10 with 3:11 left and you run two successive running plays.

It is terribly apparent that we cannot run to set up the pass. It is the other way around. We need to set up the run by the passing game.

As much as I like Gun he better learn quickly that we cannot dominate most teams with our running game.

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-10-2000, 04:59 PM
Despite the bad playcalling and bad coaching, we still almost won the game. KC has the talent. It's just very frustrating right now.
First order of business, JR needs to go along with the unimaginitive offensive system.

Dan

Trying to keep his chin up and calling for JR's head.

Tribal Warfare
09-10-2000, 05:24 PM
mlyonsd hit the nail on the head. we have to pass to set up the run.

------------------
~Thats why they call me slim shady~