PDA

View Full Version : I've mentally prepared myself for a 4-12 season...

09-15-2000, 02:27 PM
And now I kind of hope it happens. We need this to happen so that we can guarantee that we'll:

1) Get rid of the ENTIRE coaching staff
2) Get rid of the RBBC committee FOREVER

Bonus, we get a high draft pick...

------------------
Parker
ChiefsPlanet Administrator
Jimmy Raye for President...anything to get him out of Kansas City
[i]More Moreau</I>

milkman
09-15-2000, 02:38 PM
Then we can draft blackle.. opps, sorry, I mean a QB that will end up sucking and have many more years of losing, yipeee!

Morphius
Might as well prepare yourself...

Mile High Mania
09-15-2000, 02:39 PM
I don't know if I see 4-12 yet. Keep in mind we've played two of the best teams in the entire league. Both games were very competitive as well. In addition, we have a lot of rookies and first time starters out there who will continue to develop. I realize the Offense has really struggled but so far this year hasn't surprised me at all. In fact, I predicted the 0-2 start.

My picks for the rest of the year.

SD-W
@Den.-L
SEA-W
OAK-W
STL-L
@Sea-W
@Oak-L
@SF-W
BUFF-L
@SD-W
@NE-W
Car-W
Den.-L
@ATL-W

9-7, is that realistic?

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

[This message has been edited by AZChief (edited 09-15-2000).]

Phobia
09-15-2000, 02:46 PM
No way we beat Seattle, Denver or Oakland this year. The games we have the best chance of winning are SD, @SF, @NE and maybe @ATL, but that's 3 wins on the road.

I see 4-12 as very obtainable by a one phase offense and a soft zone defense.

KCfanAHaz
09-15-2000, 02:47 PM
AZChief The 2 teams that you called two of the best teams in the entire league have each beaten only the Chiefs. Neither team has won another game besides the Chiefs Game.
So I wouldn't be too sure about them being 2 of the best teams in the entire league.

We couldn't beat Indy at Arrowhead. how will we beat Oakland?

redbrian
09-15-2000, 02:48 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll lose both Seattle games again. Gun can't compete with Holmgren in the coaching dept.

I also think we'll lose at New England and probably both Raider games.

Mile High Mania
09-15-2000, 02:51 PM
I'm gonna get hammered when JQ and Duck see this but despite the results of the Oak/Indy game, I think the Colts are a much better team than the Raiders. I've seen both Raider games and both Colt games and I think the Colts are the better team. They just let up after jumping out to a huge lead and gave it away in the third. I think KC can split with Oak.

The seattle games, you guys may be right. I always take them for granted. Holmgren did take us to school twice last year. Regardless, I just can't give up this early and say 4-12.

Svuba-I think at the end of the year Colts, Tenn will be among the tops in the league. Time will tell.

Titus, we'll beat Sea, Den, or Oak. at least once. C'mon!!

Things are never as good or as bad as they appear.

AZ

[This message has been edited by AZChief (edited 09-15-2000).]

Phobia
09-15-2000, 02:55 PM
What would 4-12 get us as far as a pick next April? Top 5? Top 7? Top 10?

Cannibal: NE is iffy, but with their line in such disarray, I actually think our D could stuff them.

Mile High Mania
09-15-2000, 02:59 PM
Titus, it should get us at least a Top 5. Last year there were only two teams with records worse than 4-12 (Cleveland, NO) and two teams with a 4-12 record (SF, Cincy). I'd rather win...

AZ
thinking his 9-7 was optimistic...

Stuckinbama
09-16-2000, 12:13 AM
I'm STILL holding on to my preseason prediction of 6-10. The game that could have turned the season around was the Titan game - much like the Oakland game did in '97. That game showed me that we do have talent, so all is not lost. However, our coaching staff BLOWS HARD, along with our kicking game (again) and will get outcoached and lose the close ones. I still think we split with every team in the division and beat SF and Atlanta on the road.

Buzzbait
09-16-2000, 12:53 AM
test...

http://www.chickenhead.com/bannertown/images/jack1.gif
http://www.chickenhead.com/features/dirty/index.html

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 09-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 09-16-2000).]

lmiller
09-16-2000, 08:55 AM
I'm just curious what these prognosticators would have the Chiefs record at had we taken the first 2 games (which was possible).

12-4?

13-3?

This team has 7-9 to 9-7 written all over it.

It could be 6-10 or 10-6 as the football has a funny shape to it causing weird bounces. The defense is respectable enough to keep the Chiefs in a majority of the games.

4-12 is an emotional response to 0-2... <P>