PDA

View Full Version : Greg Hill

Chief Henry
09-22-2000, 05:47 AM
I mean Mike Cloud update:

Sep. 22 Cloud looks like he'll get the starting assignment in the Chiefs' offense against Denver. Gunther Cunningham had hinted that rookie Frank Moreau might move into the starting lineup, but on Wednesday and Thursday Cloud ran with the first team.

Snapview: Cloud get's 6 carries max.
(probably more like 2-3)

Snapper's Chicken Butt Diner
Egg sandwiches are our speciality!<P>

Quarterback
09-22-2000, 08:22 AM
Too bad if you're right about his projected carries. The Raiders proved that the Donks are vunerable to small shifty backs. I think Cloud could do very well in that role.

Perhaps Moreau will show more of what he displayed last week.

Gaz
09-22-2000, 08:39 AM
Gun said that "Cloud will get a better opportunity to run the ball" and also said that "Moreau will have a breakout game". Are both of these things projected to happen against Denver, a game where I thought he wanted to use more 2TE Big Tiger sets or even 3TE sets using Jason Dunn with T-Rich as the lone back?

More smokescreens? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/confused.gif

TheBigChief
09-22-2000, 08:53 AM
Difference between Cloud & Kaufman: blazing SPEED (more specifically: Napolean has it, Mike doesn't)<P>

morphius
09-22-2000, 08:54 AM
Being a "starting" RB in KC guarantees no more than 5 carries.

Clint in Wichita
09-22-2000, 09:38 AM
Interesting note in the star today saying that Greg Hill is out of football. Looks like Marty wasn't the only one thinking he didn't deserve more carries...

DoubleWannaB
09-22-2000, 09:40 AM
I figured that guy was going to jail. Wasn't he the one involved with Vanover and co. ?

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-22-2000, 10:14 AM
Dante Hall is definitely a small, shifty back, but the last Bob Dole read, Gun wasn't even making it a top priority to get him on the game squad to replace Thumbs Parker...

aaaaa
09-22-2000, 11:21 AM
Didn't Greg break his leg or something equally gruesome? I bet the reason he's out of football has more to do with an unforseeable medical condition than with any deficiencies that Marty saw in "The Real Deal".

aaaaa
09-22-2000, 11:27 AM
I wonder which Chiefs back is going to have a monster game this Sunday. About the only place that's easier for visitors to get the runs is Tijuana.

scott in spfd
09-22-2000, 01:50 PM
KC should run the ball extremely well on Sunday regardless of who totes the rock. Last year the Chiefs rushed for 188 and 177 yds in their 2 wins vs. Denver (365 rushing yds) using mostly Anders, Bennett and Richardson. Denver is yielding 5 yds a carry this season. If KC does NOT have a breakout rushing game, I'll be very surprised.

Dr. Red
09-22-2000, 02:16 PM
DanT - Yes, Greg Hill broke his leg early in the Rams' 1998 season. After 2 games, he was averaging 120 yards a game, 6.0 per rush, and had 4 TDs. By the time he had rehabbed, the Rams had Faulk and the rest is history.

[This message has been edited by JC-Johnny (edited 09-22-2000).]

Gracie Dean
09-22-2000, 02:24 PM
He was averaging closer to 150 per game and had 4 TD's. He broke his leg in game 4 & only started games 2 & 3 in 98. I remember because I had him on my fantasy team for week 3. He put up about 160 yards & had 3 td's. I outscored EVERYONE on ESPN's fantasy football (not only my league, about 200,000 other people).....

Clint in Wichita
09-22-2000, 03:17 PM
Of course he was with Detroit last and Detroit didn't have a running back, and he still did nothing...

Dr. Red
09-22-2000, 03:20 PM
Da-Wolf - hence our discussion of the effect of his BROKEN LEG on his prospects in the league.

Fat Homer
09-22-2000, 03:52 PM
my only comment of the day since I actually worked...

Gun is confused...one minute he says Moreau is the starter the next...Cloud...I for one don't care who it is as long as they get more than 15 carries...

------------------
joe

"The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
-Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

Clint in Wichita
09-22-2000, 04:08 PM
Maybe I'm confused, but wasn't his broken leg 2 years ago? If the argument is that lingering effects from his broken leg is what is keeping him out of the league right now, I guess it is possible, but I doubt it. Even Terry Bradway was ripping him last year (too bad he wasn't doing that before we drafted him)...

JOhn
09-22-2000, 05:55 PM
I do care who startes and plays for us.

Luz
give moreau the ball...

Cannibal
09-22-2000, 06:16 PM
Hill was always a much better turf runner. He, like many other KC backs, got the shaft. I don't know any other team that would sit a player on the bench after the first carry of the game goes for 30 plus yards.

scott in spfd
09-22-2000, 08:36 PM
I have to agree that KC decion-making re: RBs has shown examples of pure stupidity over the years. Poor Greg Hill is a great example, but he had to compete with Marcus Allen, a person whom none of the present committee need concern themselves. I think its fairly obvious that the 2 best backs on the team are T-Rich and Moreau. I am not opposed to the committee if it churns out 365 yds vs. Denver like it did in '99. You can rush the waterboy for all I care if he gains 177 yds like KC did last year at Mile High....