PDA

View Full Version : 76.5 yards per game?

Baby Lee
09-25-2000, 01:45 PM
What can we do to correct this?

Warrior5
09-25-2000, 01:48 PM
Give TRich the ball!!!! One day in a perfect Universe, our Chief coaches will realize that amoung our current RBs at this stage of thier careers, there is only one man worthy of carrying the ball.

TRICH!!!

I only qualify 'at this stage' because I can see Moreau has good potential. Size, speed, strength, moves. But he's very raw, and not worthy of even 10 touches a game.

ct

Buzzbait
09-25-2000, 01:49 PM
Play the Seahawks http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/eek.gif

Did i just smack my own team? http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Gracie Dean
09-25-2000, 01:51 PM
Play teams with a weak run D?

Find & stick with the "hot" back?

Beat up the offensive line a little for not run blocking effectively?

Insert creative running plays into the playbook?

Focus on WR blocking more?

Run drawplays on 3rd & long? I think we've mastered this one....

I really think we need more line pulling & off tackle running.

More flat passing will force LB's to cheat outside, I think.

These are just a few ideas. I'm certainly not a professional but I think this might bandaid our problem a bit....

Stuckinbama
09-25-2000, 01:56 PM
Quit FOOLING ourselves and find a LEGIT HB to run behind Richardson!

Were you talking about this year?? If so, stick back and give him the carries! IMHO, I wpuld like to see Frank Moreau start with T. Richardson.

Stuckinbama
09-25-2000, 01:57 PM
That should read, "Stick with 1 back and give him the carries."

Quarterback
09-25-2000, 02:00 PM
FWIW Greg, I'd vote for #4 and #8. The swing pass to Cloud allowed Cloud to get outside. He faked a LB out and gained 13yrds. Do this some more and the LB's won't cheat to the middle. Sadly Raye never called that play again. (Vintage Raye!)

Also I'd rip off the Denver sweep. It's such a simple play; OG pulls, tackle trap blocks, OG leads RB downfield, but so effective. Cloud or Moreau could run this beautifully, especially if Rich blocks with the OG. At any rate, we have to get past the 'run to the left of Grunny, run to the right of Grunny' mindset.

DIEHARDCHIEF
09-25-2000, 02:00 PM
IMO I say we keep passing the ball as long as opposing defenses gear up to stop the run. Teams are daring us to beat them with the pass. Kudos to Elvis and company for making that possible. Teams will eventually have to respect the pass and that will open up our running game. Lots of offensive possibilities if our coaches use them properly.

Dan

Quarterback
09-25-2000, 02:18 PM
I'm elated about the aerial show EG has been putting on. It validates everything I've always thought about him.

Now however, I find myself seeking more run. Balance is the key here. If we can get a 60/40 split of pass/run we'll have an O like Indy's. With our re-emergent D that could be a devestating combination. To get that balance we need to be more creative in our running schemes. I think the Denver sweep would be an excellent start. Anything really that gets us outside with a lead blocker.

JOhn
09-25-2000, 02:51 PM
Voices of wisdom; all.

Luz
give moreau the ball...