PDA

View Full Version : Joe Delaney was on ESPN at 12:30

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-25-2000, 01:01 PM
They showed an NFL Films report on some players who have died in their prime and had a nice segment on Joe.

Damn it was fun watching the clips, and brought back some memories. Pretty tough for a 5'9" running back.

chiefsnathan
09-25-2000, 01:09 PM
Was a great story on him.Chiefs should have him in the ring of fame he is a hero

CHIEFS

morphius
09-25-2000, 01:10 PM
I read the topic and immediately thought, "Man, he must've looked awful!"

Sorry, I couldn't resist!

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-25-2000, 01:17 PM
LOL, Clint.

Bob Dole thought about that after he'd already posted it.

Woodrow
09-25-2000, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the heads up about the piece on ESPN.

I am attempting to connect with them and ask for help in promoting the foundation that remembers the heroic act by Joe.

Maybe this will be a start!

------------------
Remember Joe Delaney?
Some of us do and are acting on our belief that he was a hero.
This is a bandwagon that all are invited to jump on!!!

37 Forever

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
09-25-2000, 06:11 PM
It was a good piece--had an interview with his wife in Haughton, clip of Mackovich speaking at the funeral, and a boatload of game highlights. Typically high quality Steve Sabol NFL Films stuff.

Mile High Mania
09-25-2000, 11:42 PM
I've seen that piece many times over the years and always really love it. Joe Delaney was such a breath of fresh air while he graced our team with his presence. I wear his jersey proudly every Sunday and continue to be amazed that the Chiefs still refuse to put a real hero in the ring of fame. It really makes me sick. Even if he wasn't a rookie of the year and a Pro Bowl running back anyone who gives his life while helping save children, should be on the wall.

At least someone has the common sense not to reissue his number despite no "official" recognition.

In closing, my favorite part of that segment is when they show the family picture on the mantle and Joe's wearing a Chiefs T-shirt standing between his children.

Some of us will never forget our first KC hero. It must've been my age at the time (10-11) but he really made an impression on me... on and off the field.

------------------
AZChief

Remember Kansas City's hero, Joe Delaney #37.

[This message has been edited by AZChief (edited 09-26-2000).]