PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Watching this A$$-Whuppin the Colts are Layin' on the Jags?

Chiefnj
09-25-2000, 10:16 PM
Jeez, this is like that Missouri/Clemson game a few weeks ago. Four touchdown lead now. We may have lost to them, but at least we weren't humiliated like the Jags are right now.

Very impressive performance by the Colts.

------------------
Frazod

Have I ever mentioned that I hate Denver?

AustinChief
09-25-2000, 10:23 PM
Tim - It is a great game. It is much easier these days to say I hail from the great state of Indiana.

And of course, I picked them. I can't believe how many people actually thought that a beaten up Jax team stood a chance.

Chiefnj
09-25-2000, 10:27 PM
Yeah, that pick was a no-brainer. I'm no Colts fan, but like them much better than the it-all-came-too-easy Jags. Nice to see the wheels falling off.

I have high hopes for an office pool victory tomorrow - I actually picked the Chiefs!

------------------
Frazod

Lurker Brett
09-25-2000, 10:27 PM
Wolf - Count me as one of those idiots that picked the Jags, especially after hearing of their "impressive" record. What was I thinking, plus it cost me a parlay card worth 300.

Buzzbait
09-25-2000, 10:28 PM
Damn Domes should be outlawed!!... http://www.ChiefsPlanet.com/ubb/smile.gif

Actually I picked the Colts too.

Brunell still in the game is a freaking joke!...
------------------
"life is good"

[This message has been edited by Joe Seahawk (edited 09-25-2000).]

Chiefnj
09-25-2000, 10:31 PM
I don't know if I'm just getting soft in my old age, but Miller is, much like fungus, starting to grow on me. I actually chuckled over his "Hindenbud" comment.

------------------
Frazod

AustinChief
09-25-2000, 10:32 PM
KC - I never called anyone an idiot, I hope you didn't think I did.

Now an idiot is someone who uses a backup QB on the Cowboys as a starter in his FFL when he should have checked the wire to see if Aikman was playing. I, sir, am the idiot.

Chiefnj
09-25-2000, 10:39 PM
Boy, talk about parody. Colts stomp Jags after losing to Oakland. Denver beats Oakland. We beat Denver.

Turning into a very interesting season. My hope for the Chiefs' season is out of intensive care and making a steady progress.

------------------
Frazod

Ugly Duck
09-25-2000, 10:43 PM
Frazod .. in your li'l scenario, you failed to mention that Indy beat KC.

KC lost to Indy who lost Oakland who lost to Denver who lost to KC

I think that's the 'circle' you were looking for. I'm sure you wanted it all coming back to KC.

Clint in Wichita
09-25-2000, 10:44 PM
Yeah. Unfortunately this season is so freaky that I would not be shocked if for some reason we came out and looked flat against Seattle. Hopefully that will not happen, but that seems to be a trend, the expected is not always happening...

Ugly Duck
09-25-2000, 10:44 PM
parody or parity?

Chiefnj
09-25-2000, 10:49 PM
I think we'll do allright against the Hawks, assuming our coaches continue to keep their heads out of their a$$es. Very much looking forward to next Monday. We'll see what happens.

I'm off to bed. Goodnight to all.

------------------
Frazod

Quarterback
09-26-2000, 08:53 AM
A balanced offense clicking on all cylinders is something to watch isn't it! If we cure the running game our O could be a mirror of Indy's.

I was also pleased that the MNF crew gave my adopted home town some good coverage. I always expect the worst when the national media come here.

Chiefaholic
09-26-2000, 11:16 AM
Ahhhh, The Colts aren't so tough. The Raiders can spot them 21 points and STILL beat them. Oakland is just a better team. Indy beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead, so the colts are better than KC. Therefore Oaklnd is a better team than KC because they beat Indy which is superior to KC. Denver beat the Raiders in Oaktown, so they are better than Oakland and Indy and KC. The Chiefs beat the Broncos at PileHigh, so the Chiefs are a better team than Denver. Therefore KC is better than Oakland because the Broncos beat Oakland. So KC is also better than Indy because the Colts are inferior to the Raiders.

See what I mean? Indy isn't so tough, KC is a better team. Uh-oh. The Chiefs LOST to INDY at Arrowhead, so they CAN'T be better. Wait a minute, let me rethink this.....I'll be back when I straighten this out....

aaaaa
09-26-2000, 03:59 PM
Don't forget to account for Slippery Rock State in your pecking order, Ugly_Duck. That's the college (in Pennsylvania, I think) that was ruled the national champion in a famous article a long time ago. The argument for them was based on a long chain of upsets.

I don't know if they still do it, but when I was younger the PA announcer at Arrowhead would sometimes announce the Slippery Rock State score just for giggles.