Home Mail Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > The Gonzo Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 01:11 PM  
RealSNR RealSNR is online now
It was thiiiiis big
 
RealSNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $55733
Raise your hand if you're smarter than John Dorsey and Andy Reid

*raises hand*

**** any and everybody who has ever asked me, "Where's your NFL team, bro?" when I gave a passionate football opinion.

I may not have years of NFL experience or know the first thing about coaching. I may not know jack shit about filling out a roster with quality talent.

But I DO know what a failure of an NFL team looks like. And with this trade, Dorsey and Reid have just presented to me a failure of an NFL team.

And had I been GM, the Chiefs would still have their INCREDIBLY valuable 2nd round pick. They would have all their 2014 draft picks. And they wouldn't be forced to let Albert go and draft Joeckel all in the name of "draft value."

Geno Smith or Matt Barkley may bust out of the NFL. But I'll be damned if I'm going to watch this team build around retread game managing shitasses, and then pat them on the back for doing their best. They're not doing their best. They're not willing to risk their careers on doing things the right way. They're scared pussies who want job security. 7-9 gets you job security, so that's why we're shooting for 7-9.

I'm going to go impregnate my wife right now. I'll bet you by the time my son or daughter is old enough to vote this ****ing trainwreck of a team STILL won't have their shit together.
Posts: 81,624
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:32 AM   #91
New World Order New World Order is offline
Choco Favre
 
New World Order's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Casino cash: $14865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairplay View Post
nine games, am I right?

No
Posts: 24,663
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #92
Rausch Rausch is offline
Mindful Taoist German
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $51762
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
How are they better than the 10 squad? Alex Smith will not have a 27/7 year like Cassel did. Hell, he has never even had a 20 td year.
He's got a ****ing boss line and he'll have every route in 20 yards.

Bowe will take a ****ing beating. Count on that.

This will run Bowe and Charles into the dirt.

...

By the time this staff realizes what they can't do the people that have "can do" will be furious...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 70,463
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #93
New World Order New World Order is offline
Choco Favre
 
New World Order's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Casino cash: $14865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
He's got a ****ing boss line and he'll have every route in 20 yards.

Bowe will take a ****ing beating. Count on that.

This will run Bowe and Charles into the dirt.

...

By the time this staff realizes what they can't do the people that have "can do" will be furious...

We have a qb who wont be as good as Cassel was in 10, we don't have a good corner opposite of Flowers like we had with Carr and we have no WR to take pressure off Bowe.

Maybe this should be a thread?
Posts: 24,663
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:44 AM   #94
Setsuna Setsuna is offline
Paladin
 
Setsuna's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gator Country
Casino cash: $8587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
Dicks.

Lunch.

You do the math...
Posts: 13,215
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #95
Rausch Rausch is offline
Mindful Taoist German
 
Rausch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2000
Casino cash: $51762
Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
We have a qb who wont be as good as Cassel was in 10
No, he'll be much better. His flaws aside he'll be....well, pretty much DeBerg without the toughness.


Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
we don't have a good corner opposite of Flowers like we had with Carr
That's a 50/50 deal.

Smith has some huge upside but he needs serious coaching. In Miami he looked a lot like Bartee (all the talent but no ball awareness or ability to make the play.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by New World Order View Post
and we have no WR to take pressure off Bowe.
You got me there.

Adding another slot WR and drafting nothing does jack $3it for our passing game.

We have 43 slot WR's and no legit no 2...
__________________
Quote:
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there."
Denver rookie QB John Elway, on Jack Lambert, after Lambert and the Steelers knocked Elway out of his first game as a pro (1983).
Quote:
Originally Posted by rico
I wish I always ended up at gay bars.
Posts: 70,463
Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rausch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #96
xztop123 xztop123 is offline
Veteran
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Casino cash: $10709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
There is going to be a run on QBs in the 4th. Everyone knows that.

That being said, when we pick tomorrow, in the 4th or 5th, there will be a legit prospect available with minimal risk and decent upside.

Its not like we "missed out" on all of the QB's. For Christ's sake, its the 4th round and only 3 have gone, and certainly not the three we thought, and definitely not in the order we thought.

I'd be a lot more worried if other teams with the obvious need for a QB were snagging them early and we were left in the cold. But it seems the entire league's worth of talent evaluators felt similarly about the quality of prospects this year.

This certainly explains the shuffling of young vets over the last two months. The one nice thing is that we were the first to pull the trigger and identify this issue, and of the crop of guys who fit that description (Smith, Palmer, Flynn, Kolb) I think we made out with the best player.

Yeah, the downside is that we payed a hefty price for Smith. I like to think our hand was forced because of the interest in acquiring him, but we will never know.

interesting spin on it
Posts: 1,291
xztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutxztop123 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:39 AM   #97
splatbass splatbass is offline
MVP
 
splatbass's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Honolulu, HI
Casino cash: $20660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
There is going to be a run on QBs in the 4th. Everyone knows that.

That being said, when we pick tomorrow, in the 4th or 5th, there will be a legit prospect available with minimal risk and decent upside.

Its not like we "missed out" on all of the QB's. For Christ's sake, its the 4th round and only 3 have gone, and certainly not the three we thought, and definitely not in the order we thought.

I'd be a lot more worried if other teams with the obvious need for a QB were snagging them early and we were left in the cold. But it seems the entire league's worth of talent evaluators felt similarly about the quality of prospects this year.

This certainly explains the shuffling of young vets over the last two months. The one nice thing is that we were the first to pull the trigger and identify this issue, and of the crop of guys who fit that description (Smith, Palmer, Flynn, Kolb) I think we made out with the best player.

Yeah, the downside is that we payed a hefty price for Smith. I like to think our hand was forced because of the interest in acquiring him, but we will never know.
Well said. I agree.
Posts: 9,874
splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.splatbass threw an interception on a screen pass.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #98
beach tribe beach tribe is offline
Keep doubting J MFing Houston
 
beach tribe's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2007
Location: ft.lauderdale
Casino cash: $24136
I was just about to post about how,this draft has proven that there were probably multiple suitors for Smith.
Posts: 21,428
beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.beach tribe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #99
spanky 52 spanky 52 is online now
Starter
 
spanky 52's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Casino cash: $15701
Believe I read somewhere on CP a while back that Buffalo had offered a third for Smith, hence we offered our second.
Posts: 983
spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.spanky 52 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #100
Bugeater Bugeater is offline
Warbonnet
 
Bugeater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palatial Bugeater Estate
Casino cash: $3702780
Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky 52 View Post
Believe I read somewhere on CP a while back that Buffalo had offered a third for Smith, hence we offered our second.
Then we should've just offered our 3rd which would've been a higher pick. If that's true then we all are smarter than Dorsey/Reid.
Posts: 67,609
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:00 AM   #101
L.A. Chieffan L.A. Chieffan is offline
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL
 
L.A. Chieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: American Gardens Building
Casino cash: $18754
guys with a combined nfl experience of like seventy years are no match for the super powers of cp posters
Posts: 17,057
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:04 AM   #102
RealSNR RealSNR is online now
It was thiiiiis big
 
RealSNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $55733
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
guys with a combined nfl experience of like seventy years are no match for the super powers of cp posters
Guys with combined NFL experience of 70 years shouldn't have pissed away a 2nd rounder in this particular draft class on Alex Smith
Posts: 81,624
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #103
L.A. Chieffan L.A. Chieffan is offline
PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL
 
L.A. Chieffan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: American Gardens Building
Casino cash: $18754
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNR View Post
Guys with combined NFL experience of 70 years shouldn't have pissed away a 2nd rounder in this particular draft class on Alex Smith
that's just life your opinion man. ten bucks says Alex Smith has a better season than any qb from this class.
Posts: 17,057
L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.L.A. Chieffan is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:13 AM   #104
Hootie Hootie is offline
Banned
 
Hootie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Casino cash: $5000
you guys are so smart you spent 5 months and 100,000 posts on Geno Smith going #1 and he didn't even go in the 1st round

so much smarter than Dorsey and Andy Reid
Posts: 56,356
Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.Hootie < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
    Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:14 AM   #105
RealSNR RealSNR is online now
It was thiiiiis big
 
RealSNR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Where the hell is SNR
Casino cash: $55733
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan View Post
that's just life your opinion man. ten bucks says Alex Smith has a better season than any qb from this class.
Season? Definitely. Most of them won't be starting a single game.

Career? Doubtful. One of these guys is going to be successful.
Posts: 81,624
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:46 AM.


This is a test for a client's site.
Fort Worth Texas Process Servers
Covering Arlington, Fort Worth, Grand Prairie and surrounding communities.
Tarrant County, Texas and Johnson County, Texas.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.