Home Mail MemberMap Chat (0) Wallpapers
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Hall of Classics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 06:18 PM  
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186407
Mizzou Basketball

MIZ-ZOU



Last edited by Saul Good; 03-11-2012 at 09:06 PM..
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:32 PM   #151
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
You guys actually think your recruits are gonna turn your program around... LOL...
Your program is garbage right now... Couple freshman is not going to change much.. But anyways good luck.
7 straight bowl games and the number 1 recruit in the country along with a move to the SEC, and we're garbage?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #152
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $52603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
You guys actually think your recruits are gonna turn your program around... LOL...
Your program is garbage right now... Couple freshman is not going to change much.. But anyways good luck.
When you started to get a hard-on after Milkman and dipshit started slinging dick-jokes at each other, I suspected you might be a mouth-breathing imbecile.

After paying more attention to your posts thereafter, I think that hunch stands confirmed.

You really aren't very bright, are you? Whatever, not wasting my time with a run of the mill troll. You're just another flame-bating half-wit that can't put a coherent argument together; hardly worth anyone's time.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #153
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $52603
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
7 straight bowl games and the number 1 recruit in the country along with a move to the SEC, and we're garbage?
Stop, just stop.

Seriously, he's another Pawnsmoker. Go look in that OC thread - he and 50/50 are essentially opposite sides of the same coin. He's just a bomb-thrower; don't let him divert the thread. Put him on ignore and move along.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:35 PM   #154
O.city O.city is offline
MVP
 
O.city's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Casino cash: $74623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Because football matters a lot more to me than basketball. Take a look at the #1 overall recruits in the past decade. You'll find guys like Vince Young, Matt Barkley, and Adrian Peterson.
Those guys did end up at some of the "blue bloods" of CFB and came in with loaded classes.

I think Dorial will help the Tiger program more in the fact that he will show similar recruits that it is ok to go to MIzzou.

IMO thats the reason Alabama, LSU, USC etc. can stay that good. They don't just get the top guy, they get multiple guys that are at the top. I think that is what this get could do for Mizzou.

Of course it could go hte other way in that this is just a one hit wonder. I hope not but you never can tell. In the end these are 18 year old kids making these decisions.
Posts: 28,914
O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #155
tredadda tredadda is offline
Moustakas FTW
 
tredadda's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ft Collins, Co
Casino cash: $42318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
What's your point? You don't think having a Calvin Johnson type WR on our team will come in handy?
Yes I do think that he is a great get, but one of the reasons that Peterson, Barkley, and VY have succeeded like they did was because of the talent around them. They went to programs that were consistently stocked. That is where I want Mizzou to get to, but they are not there yet. On one of those programs, DGB would be even beastly-er.
__________________
Posts: 4,125
tredadda has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #156
Simplicity Simplicity is online now
1-0 Royals Game Threads.
 
Simplicity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Iowa... Yeah... Ik.
Casino cash: $123932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
7 straight bowl games and the number 1 recruit in the country along with a move to the SEC, and we're garbage?
Not sure how well you are going to compete in the SEC... Prolly won't even make .500...
Still can't understand why you suspect a number 1 recruit will change everything. He hasn't even stepped foot on a College field. Do you guys even add the possibilty of him being a bust?
__________________
Posts: 2,891
Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #157
DJ's left nut DJ's left nut is offline
Gonna take a break for awhile.
 
DJ's left nut's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbia, Mo
Casino cash: $52603
Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Yes I do think that he is a great get, but one of the reasons that Peterson, Barkley, and VY have succeeded like they did was because of the talent around them. They went to programs that were consistently stocked. That is where I want Mizzou to get to, but they are not there yet. On one of those programs, DGB would be even beastly-er.
If Franklin develops and Mauk is as advertised, then pairing DGB w/ the skill position players he has around him, especially if Josey comes back healthy, will give him as much chance to succeed as Peterson, Barkley or VY ever had.

If Mizzou fails, it won't be because of their offensive skill position players. It'll end up being because they can't run the football against those big lines in the SEC and they can't stop the run; they could just get 'out-physicaled' down there. He'll have better talent around him than guys like Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald ever had.

The offensive talent among the skill position players is world-class. They truly can run with the big dogs in that regard; the question is the big uglies in the trenches.
__________________
If you can't draw a crowd, draw dicks on the wall.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: AJ Jenkins, WR #13
Posts: 19,563
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #158
Fritz88 Fritz88 is offline
Cock Puncher.
 
Fritz88's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Casino cash: $2179192
Posts: 12,402
Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Fritz88 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #159
O.city O.city is offline
MVP
 
O.city's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2009
Casino cash: $74623
I'm anxious to see how Mizzou's offense translates against he Alabama's and the LSU's of the world who have world class athletes on the defensive side. Not saying it will fail just curious.

I'm also worried that Josey won't ever be himself again. If it was just the ACL i'd say it's pretty pessimistic to say he won't but with the Patella and the MCL added it's gonna be a long road.

It really is all about the trenches for MIzzou, especially the dline. Look how many dlineman come out of the SEC and make it to the NFL. IMO they need to focus on taking some of the great athletes they get and putting them on the defensive side.
Posts: 28,914
O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.O.city has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #160
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186407
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
Not sure how well you are going to compete in the SEC... Prolly won't even make .500...
Still can't understand why you suspect a number 1 recruit will change everything. He hasn't even stepped foot on a College field. Do you guys even add the possibilty of him being a bust?
Change everything? We aren't KU. We aren't trying to build a terrible program up to something great. We're trying to build a very strong program into something even better.

I'd rather compete against the best. If I wanted to root for a team that got wins against crappy competition, I'd pull for Northwest Missouri State.

As for the bust factor, the worst #1 recruit in the last decade went in the third round. I'm not too worried a bout a 6'5 225 WR who runs a 4.4 and holds the record for most career receiving yards in the history of high school football being a bust. He might get hurt, but he's not going to fail due to lack of talent.

8 wins has become the baseline for Mizzou football. We did that after losing underclassmen at DE and QB who went top 10 in the NFL draft and had to start a true Soph at QB.

Don't worry about Mizzou football. We're doing just fine without you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #161
Saul Good Saul Good is offline
Supporter
 

Join Date: Jul 2005
Casino cash: $186407
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Stop, just stop.

Seriously, he's another Pawnsmoker. Go look in that OC thread - he and 50/50 are essentially opposite sides of the same coin. He's just a bomb-thrower; don't let him divert the thread. Put him on ignore and move along.
Pawn's one of my favorite posters, actually.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Diddy View Post
Saul 2014
Posts: 30,520
Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.Saul Good is obviously part of the inner Circle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #162
Mr_Tomahawk Mr_Tomahawk is online now
Prestige Worldwide
 
Mr_Tomahawk's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Spring Hill, KS
Casino cash: $118510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Pawn's one of my favorite posters, actually.
Makes sense.
__________________
Adopt-A-Chief: Tyler Bray
Posts: 13,980
Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Mr_Tomahawk has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #163
Simplicity Simplicity is online now
1-0 Royals Game Threads.
 
Simplicity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Iowa... Yeah... Ik.
Casino cash: $123932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Change everything? We aren't KU. We aren't trying to build a terrible program up to something great. We're trying to build a very strong program into something even better.

I'd rather compete against the best. If I wanted to root for a team that got wins against crappy competition, I'd pull for Northwest Missouri State.

As for the bust factor, the worst #1 recruit in the last decade went in the third round. I'm not too worried a bout a 6'5 225 WR who runs a 4.4 and holds the record for most career receiving yards in the history of high school football being a bust. He might get hurt, but he's not going to fail due to lack of talent.

8 wins has become the baseline for Mizzou football. We did that after losing underclassmen at DE and QB who went top 10 in the NFL draft and had to start a true Soph at QB.

Don't worry about Mizzou football. We're doing just fine without you.
8 wins per season is going to turn into 5 wins per season once you begin your SEC play. There is a huge difference between the Big 12 and the SEC...
__________________
Posts: 2,891
Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #164
Bambi Bambi is offline
Supporter
 
Bambi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York City
Casino cash: $128640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saul Good View Post
Would you rather make a FF and not land DGB than the other way around? I wouldn't unless we won the title.
Wow. Maybe one day when you reach greatness you'll realize how idiotic this line of thought is.

#1 recruits are great, but they don't compare to achievement.

Don't be scared to succeed.
__________________
The other thing about B-Rush is that he never lied. Coach Self would be like, “Did everyone make curfew last night? If you didn’t make curfew, raise your hand.” All of us that broke curfew kept our hands down — except B-Rush. He’d raise his hand and tell on himself. Coach Self would ask him why he didn’t make curfew and he’d say, “Because the club was crackin’!” Everyone would laugh and he’d make B-Rush run a little bit.
Posts: 11,989
Bambi has disabled reputation
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #165
Simplicity Simplicity is online now
1-0 Royals Game Threads.
 
Simplicity's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Iowa... Yeah... Ik.
Casino cash: $123932
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm anxious to see how Mizzou's offense translates against he Alabama's and the LSU's of the world who have world class athletes on the defensive side. Not saying it will fail just curious.

I'm also worried that Josey won't ever be himself again. If it was just the ACL i'd say it's pretty pessimistic to say he won't but with the Patella and the MCL added it's gonna be a long road.

It really is all about the trenches for MIzzou, especially the dline. Look how many dlineman come out of the SEC and make it to the NFL. IMO they need to focus on taking some of the great athletes they get and putting them on the defensive side.
Ofcourse it's going to fail...
__________________
Posts: 2,891
Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.Simplicity is not part of the Right 53.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.