PDA

View Full Version : Now Collins is # 2? Why ?

Idahojim
11-30-2000, 05:00 PM
Why now,not sooner? Moon was # 2 and Probally should be all year,if not,why have him here! If Collins is our #2,why not the 1st of the year ? :confused:

[This message has been edited by ROYC75 (edited 11-30-2000).]

Moon§hiner
11-30-2000, 05:03 PM
Maybe it's because Moon looked like a 100-year old man against San Diego.

DoubleWannaB
11-30-2000, 05:19 PM
Yeah, we need to get that guy some practice ASAP obviously.

BigChiefsFan
11-30-2000, 06:15 PM
Moon looked like sh!t, that's why.

I doubt if it's Gun trying to save his a$$ after the debacle in SD. That sucker's already roasted, packed and headed out of town, IMO. Let's just hope the rest of the staff/mgt. goes with him.

If Collins has to play and looks as bad as Moon, then what in the hell do we do?

MM
--With Raye calling the plays, does it really matter?

[This message has been edited by Mark M (edited 11-30-2000).]

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-30-2000, 06:21 PM
You know, Collins could be just as bad, but that doesn't mean that he would stay that way. In Moon's defense, when was the last time he started and had any real play time. Granted he is old. i am not saying that you get him in rythem, and he will look like some young stud out there, but I think that he could get the job done. Collins will probaly be rusty as well, so don't pass judgement on him after one game.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

BigChiefsFan
11-30-2000, 06:31 PM
hader--
Very good point. I hadn't considered that. But why did he look so good to start the game? I would shudder to think that Raye had actually had a decent game plan coming in. I'm kind of curious as to where it went.

How long has Collins been in the league? Five or six years? Is his contract up soon?

MM
--Hopes we don't have to draft our QB of the future...haven't had much luck there.

(Gotta go eat soon...will try to stay around for answer. Don't wanna be Denise-like)

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-30-2000, 06:36 PM
I don't know much about Collins or his current contract. Sorry. As for starting the game good then going bad, well I am afraid that I can't really help there either. It coul be anything, from coaching/playcalling to who knows what. The ebb and flow of a game can be weird sometimes. Sorry I wasn't of much help.

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

BigChiefsFan
11-30-2000, 06:40 PM
hader--
Not a problem. I mean, who do I think you are, Bob Gretz or something? Wait a second--sorry about that. Didn't mean to be insulting. :D

I'll check out the Chiefs site tonight if I can. Otherwise, tomorrow.

MM
--Gotta go get some grub. Type y'all tomorrow.

milkman
11-30-2000, 07:22 PM
hader - Damn you! Now I can't hate Moon as much as I would like to! UGH!!! BTW, Gannon was always that way his first game after taking over starting position.

Gunther has said that Collins has gotten better as the year went along, aapearntly Moon has not.

Gracie Dean
11-30-2000, 08:17 PM
I think Collins is in his second year of a 4 year contract.

Yosef_Malkovitch
11-30-2000, 08:19 PM
Sorry Morph, but I had to point it out in fairness to Moon. He has been getting crucified unfairly. Just continue to take your frustrations out on Gun and the Three Stooges. I don't know why you would change that anyways. :confused:

------------------
WILDCATS 29
corn balls 28

Yosemity Sam
11-30-2000, 09:15 PM
I believe Collins was number 2 for the majority of camp. It would be interesting to see if hes really any worse than Moon.