PDA

View Full Version : Is Trent Green A Chief Or A Ram By This "Deadline"? Time To Make Your Predictions!

AJKCFAN
03-13-2001, 11:27 PM
Heck, we do this in the regular season, so why not do this now. Will Carl "cave in" and fork over the 12th pick or will he tell the Rams to shove it up their arse? Will we see a Trent Green press conference in Kansas City on Thursday or are we going to see a TV crew awaiting Troy Aikman at the airport?

Time to make the call!

My call:

Trent Green wears the Red and Gold, but Carl gets back the 20th pick in the deal.

RJ
03-13-2001, 11:46 PM
Strictly going with my heart, I say Green is still a Ram come Friday morning. If he's a Chief and comes on the Rams terms, I will be one po'd fan.

BTW, Adam, just picked up my e-mail. Thanks, as always, for the info and your efforts.

AJKCFAN
03-13-2001, 11:51 PM
You're most welcome, Randy. You may want to check it again. Had an interesting e-mail come my way from that Philly writer tonight and I just went about e-mailing everybody.

The media buildup is slowly intensifying... we're on to something now!

Pitt Gorilla
03-14-2001, 12:30 AM
I think it's clear; Trent's a Chief! (Hopefully, we get our second back!)

DaWolf
03-14-2001, 12:34 AM
Ain't no way Carl trades the No 1 unless he gets his kind of a deal. He's not getting his kind of a deal, so no dice, Green stays a Lamb...

Logical
03-14-2001, 01:13 AM
Not by the deadline, but yes before training camp. We will give up draft picks from next season IMO.

Luzap
03-14-2001, 07:13 AM
A prediction here is just like rolling the dice (not that I haven't done that a few times)...

If I have to pick, I'd say the odds heavily favor nothing happening by Thursday.

Luz
methinks the rams want this deal too...

Mark M
03-14-2001, 07:19 AM
If it does happen, it won't be our #12.

My prediction: Green stays a Lamb this year, the Chiefs go with Collins, and get Green next year when he's a FA.

Of course, I'm almost always wrong on predictions, so we'll see what happens.

MM
~~Assuring the deal will be done by today by making this prediction.

KCTitus
03-14-2001, 07:27 AM
I predict that by tomorrow we will collectively know whether or not the deal was done or not and whatever happens those who hate Carl will bash Carl for doing whatever he decides to do.

Luzap
03-14-2001, 07:33 AM
BTW, I read somewhere that Green has a contract for TWO more years... (I did a double take and read it twice!).

Was that publication mistaken? Does anybody have the details of his contract?

Luz
i think this is an important factor in the equation...

KCWolfman
03-14-2001, 07:37 AM
Mark - Green is still under contract next year. He becomes a free agent in 2003.

I don't think it will happen before Thursday, and I hope that the Chiefs consider all options (Beuerleine, Aikman) and possibilities (Brunnell) before they pull the trigger.

I have not seen such fervor from the Chiefs fans in such a long time (I guess that is a good thing), but I have not seen so many rammy fans on the other board even after they won the SB. One has to begin to wonder why.

There are rammys posting as Chiefs fans, rammys with multiple sign-ons talking to themselves, and rammys constantly shoving the 'necessity' down our throats. It is worse than when Mike Peterson was shoved down our throats for 3 or 4 weeks before the draft a few years ago.

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

My gut says no, but my head says it will be a deal before the draft.

MrBlond
03-14-2001, 07:45 AM
I think this deal will happen, but not today. Carl has never stuck to someone elses deadline.

shakesthecat
03-14-2001, 08:08 AM
Unfortunately, what I hope will happen and what I think will happen are 2 different things.
I hope we keep our picks and sign Aikman. Our "D" is in greater need.
I think Green will be a Chief. But, will be suprised to see it happen by Thurs.

Warrior5
03-14-2001, 08:08 AM
My prediction, and hope, is that if the Lambs insist on #12, CP sticks to his guns and Green will NOT be in R&G.
I'd like to see the Chiefs give Beuerline a look: family man, class act, thinks on his feet. Don't know his stats, but he's as sure a thing as Green, and probably a whole lot cheaper.

ROYC75
03-14-2001, 08:32 AM
CP will not give in to there demands...too steep for us,if they budge a bit and give us a 2 in return,yeah,it will happen!

ExtremeChief
03-14-2001, 08:33 AM
IMO nothing will happen until draft day unless it is a sweet deal for the Chiefs. I don't think CP likes being given deadlines by anyone, especially our cross-state rival. But, if we can get the 2nd back, it might happen before thursday. (slyly covering my bases)

Bob Dole
03-14-2001, 08:56 AM
Green will still be a Ram when the deadline passes.

(Bob Dole hopes that if Bob Dole repeats it enough, it will come to pass.)

Packfan
03-14-2001, 09:07 AM
Carl Peterson will cave in make the trade. Nothing is more important than keeping Arrowhead filled and a legitimate QB will help accomplish that. Todd Collins is not a legitimate QB and even the dumbest chief fans recognize that. After a few loses, the fans will not tolerate a Todd Collins led offense.

I think Carl will trade the #12 straight up for Green. The Rams want to unload Green as bad as the Chiefs want him. They cant afford to go another year with two high priced QBs on the roster. If they dont trade him, they may end up cutting him which would be a disaster for them.

The trade may not happen by Thursday, but it will happen. Carl has a tendancy to screw things up and pay the price later.

KCTitus
03-14-2001, 09:11 AM
My prediction came true in 1 hour and 40 minutes...didnt even need to wait until Thursday.

Either way, Ken's got both sides of the fence covered.

Alton deFlat
03-14-2001, 09:16 AM
I'd just like to see some progress on the quarterback situation. Whether it's Green, Buerlein, or Aikman, in that order, I think any of them can do a respectable job. I DO NOT want them to "mortgage" the team, to get a signal caller. I'm just getting that Bill Murray feeling from "Groundhog Day", but instead of Sonny and Cher singing on the radio each morning, it's the same old "nothing new" to report on the Chiefs search. Damn the Rams and their cavalier attitude!!! I'd hope the Chiefs acted the same way however, if they had two capable quarterbacks.

redshirt32
03-14-2001, 09:31 AM
My thoughts on the whole fiasco
If we end up without a first and a third along with a second /and we get Green and he goes down in preseason.
CP is writing his ticket out of town with this one.
No green today unless the rams give first!

Mark M
03-14-2001, 09:52 AM
KCWolfman and luz--
I had heard he was only under contract for one my year. My bad.

Either way, I don't think it'll happen unless we get pick in return (which I don't see happening).

MM
~~Thought he had his facts straight.

Packfan
03-14-2001, 10:10 AM
Tits,

You have a serious problem understanding plain english. I said:

"Carl will make the trade"

How is that "covering both sides of the fence'?

To make it real easy for you Titus: I (Packfan) thinks that Carl Peterson (the Chiefs General Manager) will trade his 12th pick in the first round of the NFL draft for Trent Green (QB of St. Louis Rams). Simple enough?

Now try this titus: 2+2=4.

Mark M
03-14-2001, 10:19 AM
Titus--
I'll take this one for you:

Subject of the thread:
Is Trent Green a Chief Or a Ram By This "Deadline"? ...

Packfan's response:
The trade may not happen by Thursday, but it will happen.

So it may not happen by the deadline, thus you're okay if it does or doesn't. Be a man Kenny and just pick.

I think that's what Titus was getting at.

MM
~~Helping out his Ray-South schoolmate

Tribal Warfare
03-14-2001, 10:25 AM
The Rams are sweating (http://www.postnet.com/postnet/stories.nsf/Sports/74B15ADCA891A04386256A0F0013F7C0?OpenDocument&Headline=Rams%20reject%202%20offers%20from%20KC%20for%20Green)

58Forever
03-14-2001, 10:36 AM
The only thing I care to predict is that Elvis will not be playing for the Chiefs next year...

Green or not to Green...Nope, won't get done by Midnight tonight...the Rams are being total assholes...they think they have us in a posistion of desparation...

I've heard they are interested in signing Cortez Kennedy, not unless the unload Green and fee up some cap space, or unless other players restructure...

I'm not sure who's in the stronger position, but if the Chiefs are willing to call this a "rebuilding" year...then I'd have to say we are...

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Green in a Chiefs uniform, but after the report on his physical...even I am starting to believe the price is too high...

If the Rams will give us back our #2 or swap #1s then go for it...if not...let them eat the salary and not sign any body else...Grbac em

58Forever
03-14-2001, 10:44 AM
Just as a point of clarification...the deadline doesn't exist any longer as such...Martz said that even after today...the Rams would consider a trade if they got the right offer...but if we don't, who's in a better position then?....the Rams can't sign anyone because they have no money...if the let Green go today, they free up almost 2 mil
after today...about 1.5 mil...they want Kennedy...this is getting ridiculous...

KCTitus
03-14-2001, 10:56 AM
Packfan: I do understand english quite well. So well, in fact, that I understand your words better than you. Go back and re-read your original post.

First two Sentence:
Carl Peterson will cave in make the trade. Nothing is more important than keeping Arrowhead filled and a legitimate QB will help accomplish that.

- Criticising Peterson for making the trade for a legitimate qb. (emphasis added)

VERY NEXT Sentence:
Todd Collins is not a legitimate QB and even the dumbest chief fans recognize that.

- Critcising Peterson for not making the trade and sticking with an 'illegitimate qb'. FYI, Illegitimate is the opposite of legitimate, it's another say of stating 'not legitimate'--dont want you to get confused.

Of course, now that I've just punked you, yet again, with your own words, I fully expect you to rant on about something else. Just remember, I'll be here to kick your a$$ every time you make dumb a$$ statements.

Mark M
03-14-2001, 10:58 AM
Titus--
So I guess I was wrong, eh?

Well, anything I can find to rip on 'ol Ken about ...

MM
~~Likes to have a virtual punching bag around.

KCTitus
03-14-2001, 11:04 AM
I really hadnt read that far on his post, but that really is just a failure to read and understand the topic question--another problem of ol' Ken.

Gaz
03-14-2001, 01:12 PM
My last prediction was that Grbac would renegotiate, so I have no street cred in the prognostication department.

This is one of the few instances where The Fan and The Engineer are in complete agreement. Any trade for Green that results in us not having a 1st Round pick or [2] 2nd Round picks is totally unacceptable.

My prediction, for what it is worth, is no.

xoxo~
gaz
had his prophesy license revoked.

Packfan
03-14-2001, 01:41 PM
Dipshts (**** and Mark M)

Who cares if its by the deadline or not. I feel like I am talking to Luzap here (thats not a compliment). The Chiefs will get Trent Green. Thats my prediction.

It is very simple!

Titus,

How am I criticising Peterson for attempting to get Green?? I think he will do that because he needs to keep the seats full.

And you agreed that Todd Collins isnt a legitimate starting NFL QB, did you not?? So why mention it?

You are reaching again, titus! You should stop embarassing yourself already!

redshirt32
03-14-2001, 01:46 PM
The longer we wait the better/cp make em sweat wait tell the draft and see what the 12th pick is really worth.

KCTitus
03-14-2001, 02:08 PM
Ken: First off, everything about you is 'criticising Peterson' - dont be such a tard.

Second, you were the one that wrote the post, werent you? No one is that stupid, why dont you re-read your post again get out a dictionary and dummy up.

You wrote: Carl Peterson will cave in make the trade. Nothing is more important than keeping Arrowhead filled and a legitimate QB will help accomplish that. - This has been an ongoing criticism of yours that Carl does not care about winning a championship but rather keeping the stadium full. In fact, it's THE main criticsm you have of Peterson.

Later in the SAME damn post you wrote: The trade may not happen by Thursday, but it will happen. Carl has a tendancy to screw things up and pay the price later

Im not the one embarassing myself here. You could be a man and admit where you misspoke, but I know you dont have the balls.

Mark M
03-14-2001, 02:26 PM
Let me just summarize each and every post Packf*ck has made since day one--
Blah blah blah Carl Peterson (insert some insult here) and (insert some mistake he has made here). Carl blah blah blah blah and blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah your (insert player's position here ) can't (insert some criticism here).

Give us all a break there Ken. If you think that the Chiefs will never win, then why don't you go to some other board (i.e. Packers) and spew your uninsightful, moronic and founded-in-no-fact posts there.

And when you do, try to read what you write sometime. It will save you the embarassment of proving to everyone there what a f*ckstick you are.

Of course, then we wouldn't have a resident dumbf*ck. Every village has to have its idiot.

MM
~~Hopes Kenny doesn't go away mad ... just goes away.

Bob Dole
03-14-2001, 07:38 PM
While you may not agree with everything Ken says, Mark, you have to admit that Carl Peterson has a double chin.

(hehe...Mark said f*ckstick.)

soliday
03-14-2001, 08:06 PM
Ken,
Bite my Elvis.

Soliday

Luzap
03-14-2001, 09:22 PM
Ken,

You hadn't trashed me lately and I was beginning to get worried.

Glad and proud to still be a founding member of your All Idiot Team ~ (I've got the H Back position).

Luz
judge a man by his enemies...

Logical
03-14-2001, 09:38 PM
Ken=Tantrum=Stupidity="Tard"

Can we all say redundant, do I hear a hallelujah brother!

Not expecting Ken to call me an idiot, but will proudly wear the badge.

As obviously black=white and good=bad in Ken's world!

AJKCFAN
03-14-2001, 11:09 PM
Mark:

And I thought you told me you'd be treating Ken nicer, you know, if only for a little while.

I knew that you were blowing smoke up my ***... :)