PDA

View Full Version : If this is true, then Vick is done. Warning: Very graphic and sick

Pages : 1 [2]

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2007, 12:09 PM
yeah i got it:rolleyes: you think the founding fathers gave a shit?

George Washington fought rooster.

:harumph:

The point of civilization is to become more civil. To grow and learn. Not to be stuck in the Dark Ages.

Fire Me Boy!
07-18-2007, 12:10 PM
Then you know that saying organic free range is redundant. ;)
Organic means free of chemicals, natural; free range means allowed to roam. They are not one and the same. A free range chicken, by definition, could be fed processed foods and have chemicals, as long as it's allowed to roam about.

At least that is my understanding from online research. It is possible I'm wrong.

KC Kings
07-18-2007, 12:12 PM
So what's your point? Don't you think the public would have been as outraged if Vick raped, killed or tortured a woman? Didn't he pay an enormous settlement payment to the lady in which he passed a venereal disease?

This time, Vick's involved in animal cruelty. This man obviously has no regard for anyone's life but his own, be it male, female or canine.

Bringing up statistics of other crimes doesn't make this crime less relevant.

The different stats were show how the American public doesn't give a crap about much worse everyday crime, and has no problem blowing this story out of proportion.

Do Google searches on the following...
"Rae Carruth" murder 18,500 hits
"Ray Lewis" murder 44,900 hits
"Sebastian Janikowski" date rape 696 hits
"Michael vick" dog fight 334,000 hits

Some old lady gets mauled by a rott and the American public cries "ban the breed" and calls for the owner of the dog to get nut hooks.
Some 3 year old get analy accosted by a pit bull and the American public cries "Ban the breed" and calls for the owner to get nut hooks.

But now all of a sudden, this violent breed of animal banned in some communities has become a cute a cudly canine companion, and when Vick off's a couple of violent fighting animals the American public cries "ban the QB and give him the nut hooks".

I don't know what is worse, the fact that the American public cries about anything the media tells them to, (see non-stop Paris Hilton updates on CNN for most recent example), or the fact that I am on a football BBS crying about the gullable crying of the American public? I won't for a minute say that killing a dog is ok, or that you don't have to be a sick individual to be able to torture an animal, but I think that people are overreacting.

Pennywise
07-18-2007, 12:12 PM
from what i understand its a drug that makes them hungry all the time. thats why store bought chickens are so fat and the gizzards are outta whack.

They (chicken farmers) give them gatorade where I live.

Thats how they rotate them every 42 days.

penguinz
07-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Organic means free of chemicals, natural; free range means allowed to roam. They are not one and the same. A free range chicken, by definition, could be fed processed foods and have chemicals, as long as it's allowed to roam about.

At least that is my understanding from online research. It is possible I'm wrong.
When it comes to livestock organic usually has to do with the environment as well as what is put in their bodies. At least that is what I have read.

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2007, 12:16 PM
The different stats were show how the American public doesn't give a crap about much worse everyday crime, and has no problem blowing this story out of proportion.

Do Google searches on the following...
"Rae Carruth" murder 18,500 hits
"Ray Lewis" murder 44,900 hits
"Sebastian Janikowski" date rape 696 hits
"Michael vick" dog fight 334,000 hits

Some old lady gets mauled by a rott and the American public cries "ban the breed" and calls for the owner of the dog to get nut hooks.
Some 3 year old get analy accosted by a pit bull and the American public cries "Ban the breed" and calls for the owner to get nut hooks.

But now all of a sudden, this violent breed of animal banned in some communities has become a cute a cudly canine companion, and when Vick off's a couple of violent fighting animals the American public cries "ban the QB and give him the nut hooks".

I don't know what is worse, the fact that the American public cries about anything the media tells them to, (see non-stop Paris Hilton updates on CNN for most recent example), or the fact that I am on a football BBS crying about the gullable crying of the American public? I won't for a minute say that killing a dog is ok, or that you don't have to be a sick individual to be able to torture an animal, but I think that people are overreacting.

None of those people you listed are anywhere near the level of fame and fortune of Michael Vick. Comparing their crimes and the "popularity" of their crimes again, isn't relevant.

Why did people go so nuts about Paris Hilton getting out of jail after three days on a misdemeanor? Because she's wealthy, famous and stupid.

I think Michael Vick is in the same category.

Bill S Preston
07-18-2007, 12:28 PM
Vick needs to be strapped to one of these "Rape Stands" in the prison yard.

Fire Me Boy!
07-18-2007, 12:35 PM

Unfortunately, then you end up with chickens that Moooo.

MOhillbilly
07-18-2007, 12:42 PM

i give my birds electrolyte/vitamin pacs but they dont get to 4 pounds in 42 days.

KC Kings
07-18-2007, 12:58 PM
None of those people you listed are anywhere near the level of fame and fortune of Michael Vick. Comparing their crimes and the "popularity" of their crimes again, isn't relevant.

Why did people go so nuts about Paris Hilton getting out of jail after three days on a misdemeanor? Because she's wealthy, famous and stupid.

So you have compared Vick and Hilton as being in the same catagory, so then can you agree that this crime is being blown out of proportion due to Vick's wealth and status, just as Paris Hilton's crime was blown out of proportion?

I would say that Kobe Bryant is on the same level of fame and fortune as Mike Vick. I would also say that rape is a worse crime than killing a dog. "Kobe Bryant" rape returns 217,000 hits, close to 2/3rds of Vick, and that includes all of the after drama like buying his wife back with a ring. When this is all said and done Vick's dog fighting will probably have been given twice as much exposure as Kobe's rape story.

memyselfI
07-18-2007, 01:03 PM
I think he needs to go to the electric chair...

and I'm against the death penalty. :banghead: :cuss: :mad:

hawkchief
07-18-2007, 01:08 PM
im sure that is a mind blowing concept, do you consider a chicken a pet?

some people do some dont.

what about hunting dogs? more tool than pet? people have pet hogs,hit them in the head w/ a hammer and eat ham on christmas.

WIth your line of "reasoning", I guess you're fine with hitting your dog over the head and eating it, as well?

Molitoth
07-18-2007, 01:17 PM
The earnings from winning these dogfights would seem like nothing to Vick. A couple Grand here and there???? He was in it based on being a SICK F*CK. He should lose his career for this, he has had way too many chances to clean up his image.

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2007, 01:21 PM
So you have compared Vick and Hilton as being in the same catagory, so then can you agree that this crime is being blown out of proportion due to Vick's wealth and status, just as Paris Hilton's crime was blown out of proportion?

I think they're both wealthy, famous and stupid. Paris Hilton may be an idiot (though she was nice to my wife at the Rainbow last night), she certainly hasn't been implicated in animal cruelty.

As far as being "blown out of proportion", I feel that the Hilton case was most certainly blown out of proportion with choppers and paparazzi following her back to second stint to jail, interrupting the normal broadcasting in Los Angeles on the "free TV" channels, just to follow her on a misdemeanor charge. That's overblown, IMO.

The Vick case was just announced. I don't know how you can proclaim that it's "overblown" the day of the indictment. That's premature.

I would say that Kobe Bryant is on the same level of fame and fortune as Mike Vick. I would also say that rape is a worse crime than killing a dog. "Kobe Bryant" rape returns 217,000 hits, close to 2/3rds of Vick, and that includes all of the after drama like buying his wife back with a ring. When this is all said and done Vick's dog fighting will probably have been given twice as much exposure as Kobe's rape story.

Dude, why in the hell are you trying to compare internet hits to worldwide interest in a case? The mere fact that you could compare Mike Vick to Kobe Bryant clearly demonstrates that you don't understand the impact of this case.

Kobe Bryant is a worldwide superstar with three championship rings, playing for one of the most storied franchises in sports history. He was loved worldwide and mostly worshipped in a city of over 25 million people. His rape case caused him considerable damage to his reputation, his endorsement deals and his marriage. He's booed in arenas all over the country to this day.

Mike Vick has been a mediocre QB at best, plays for a sorry franchise in a city of less than 4 million people. While the NFL and other sponsors have tried to "create" him as a superstar, no one's buying it. Now he's implicated in an animal cruelty case which like it or not, impacts almost every American because the overwhelming majority of US citizens own a pet of some kind. And most would be repulsed at the idea of injuring, maiming or killing their pet.

THAT's why this case will garner so much attention. Most people have pets and couldn't imagine harming them. Most people haven't been raped, so there's a detachment there. Is it fair? No. But most people relate items in the media and crimes committed by other as it's relevant to their lives.

Duck Dog
07-18-2007, 01:33 PM
I understand it, I just don't agree with it. And I don't agree that a dog would need to be "controlled"...

I'm not attacking you, Duck Dog. I just disagree with you, and I'm not trying to say you're not entitled to your opinion. I just think that if a dog doesn't want to breed, it shouldn't be forced.

No problem, Man.

stevieray
07-18-2007, 01:36 PM

i think dane has a crush on paris... :)

KC Kings
07-18-2007, 01:40 PM
The Vick case was just announced. I don't know how you can proclaim that it's "overblown" the day of the indictment. That's premature.

The mere fact that you could compare Mike Vick to Kobe Bryant clearly demonstrates that you don't understand the impact of this case.

People are calling for a lifetime ban, over unproven allegations that he killed a dog. That is "overblown", regardless of how early the story is.

I understand the impact of the case. What I don't understand is how you admit that this story is only this big because of the celebrity status and you admit that people "unfairly" care more about this crime over rape because they have pets but they have never been raped. How is that not a definition of being overblown?

Actually, nevermind. I don't want to try to understand how somebody can justify undue attention to dog fighting, and classifing rape as less of a crime than killing animals bred to kill.

Fat Elvis
07-18-2007, 01:41 PM
WIth your line of "reasoning", I guess you're fine with hitting your dog over the head and eating it, as well?

I am. I have eaten another person's pet. It was a pig and it had a name. I considered it a great honor, that the hosts would serve me a meal that consisted of an animal to which they had an emotional attachment. Heck, it is part of our history--little kids cry at 4H fairs when thier animals are auctioned off because they know what is going to happen to them. Older kids just get used to it, moreorless. Killing an animal and then eating it is perfectly fine by me.

The thing with Vick is that he wasn't killing and then eating the animal; he was killing animals because he considered it "fun." There is a huge difference.

Mile High Mania
07-18-2007, 01:43 PM
i think dane has a crush on paris... :)

Paris? Paris Hilton? She went to jail? WTF... no way!

hawkchief
07-18-2007, 01:45 PM
I am. I have eaten another person's pet. It was a pig and it had a name. I considered it a great honor, that the hosts would serve me a meal that consisted of an animal to which they had an emotional attachment. Heck, it is part of our history--little kids cry at 4H fairs when thier animals are auctioned off because they know what is going to happen to them. Older kids just get used to it, moreorless. [B]

The thing with Vick is that he wasn't killing and then eating the animal; he was killing animals because he considered it "fun." There is a huge difference.

This isn't about killing and eating a mature hog that has been raised for food and treated well throughout its' life - it's about inhumanely treating and killing young dogs - animals most people consider pets. That's what is most disturbing to the majority of people and what most of us have zero tolerance for.

memyselfI
07-18-2007, 01:47 PM
People are calling for a lifetime ban, over unproven allegations that he killed a dog. That is "overblown", regardless of how early the story is.

Uh, he allegedly killed more than one dog and he was likely engaged in illegal activity. The NFL does NOT need him. He might need the NFL but if that is the case then he shouldn't be engaging in this sort of behavior.

Adept Havelock
07-18-2007, 01:47 PM

Hey, I'm only calling for a lifetime ban because I can't stand the little fugger, and this is as good a way as any to get it. ;)

Hammock Parties
07-18-2007, 01:56 PM
What a sick human being.... My god, if this child plays in the NFL again, I will not watch another down in my entire life!!! Im not much into PETA, but ****, i would join them just to get my kicks in on vick...

I know they're just dogs and its not like they were children, but my god man.... I just dont know what to say anymore....

ChiefsFan4Life
07-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Uh, he allegedly killed more than one dog and he was likely engaged in illegal activity. The NFL does NOT need him. He might need the NFL but if that is the case then he shouldn't be engaging in this sort of behavior.

Not to mention the GAMBLING aspect of this whole thing. If he was killing and gambling on dog fighting whose to say he wasn't gambling on Falcons games as well?

Fish
07-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Not to mention the GAMBLING aspect of this whole thing. If he was killing and gambling on dog fighting whose to say he wasn't gambling on Falcons games as well?

If he was killing and gambling on dog fighting whose to say he wasn't behind the 9/11 attacks?

LMAO

DaneMcCloud
07-18-2007, 02:11 PM

People are people. Did you expect otherwise? This is the Media Age we live in; get used to it or get over it.

I understand the impact of the case.

Clearly, you don't. YOU are the person trying to compare this case to a rape case. YOU are the person saying it's overblown and that people can't understand the difference between a rape case and animal cruelty.

I don't think there are too many people in this country (or world, for that matter) that DON'T sympathize with a true rape victim, whether they've experience that horrible crime or not. And while I hate to drudge up the past, Kobe's "alleged victim" (which in fact, she was not a victim) had sex with least 3 other men in a 24 hour time period and told others that she was going to nail him. I think that's quite different than innocent animals being electrocuted because they "didn't fight hard enough".

And to base your argument off of internet stats is ridiculous and flawed to begin with.

Demonpenz
07-18-2007, 02:12 PM
it hasn't been a good year for virginia tech

Groves
07-18-2007, 02:14 PM
I think most of the ways that Vick killed or had his dogs killed seems more humane than ripping them limb from limb.

Obviously, some people differ in their views on when babies become babies, but both sides agree that ripping limb from limb is just what they do to a child when they abort it.

If these dogs are innocent and defenseless, the kids we abort surely are, too. It's cruelty, plain and simple, both to dogs or kids.

Silock
07-18-2007, 02:24 PM
private property is private.

But the laws still apply. It doesn't matter if it's "private" or not.

Silock
07-18-2007, 02:24 PM
someones butthurt.

it is a valid point you cant just pick and choose what you consider cruelity to animals. its either all bad(in the case of poultry plants where they are pumped full of drugs and grow so fast there legs cant support them while they sit in there own shit all day only to be draged out put on a hook by the leg have there throats cut and be sent down a line to be cut into part, still twitching) or its not at all.

Life isn't black and white, dude.

Mile High Mania
07-18-2007, 02:27 PM
I think most of the ways that Vick killed or had his dogs killed seems more humane than ripping them limb from limb.

"...Peace, Phillips and Vick executed approximately eight dogs that did not perform well in 'testing' sessions at 1915 Moonlight Road by various methods, including hanging, drowning and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

Ummmm, sure I guess... if you're talking about less blood and guts.

Adept Havelock
07-18-2007, 02:32 PM

Obviously, some people differ in their views on when babies become babies, but both sides agree that ripping limb from limb is just what they do to a child when they abort it.

If these dogs are innocent and defenseless, the kids we abort surely are, too. It's cruelty, plain and simple, both to dogs or kids.

Thanks. We're talking about Vick and dogfighting. If you want to discuss something like Abortion, take it to DC.

Ummmm, sure I guess... if you're talking about less blood and guts.

My thoughts exactly.

Did I just agree with a Donko fan? :eek:

Fat Elvis
07-18-2007, 02:41 PM
This isn't about killing and eating a mature hog that has been raised for food and treated well throughout its' life - it's about inhumanely treating and killing young dogs - animals most people consider pets. That's what is most disturbing to the majority of people and what most of us have zero tolerance for.

Hence my last two sentences....

Coach
07-18-2007, 06:39 PM
That's because for some reason people around here think I'm always being serious when I'm not.....

It's nice for him to explode and all but I was just saying I think the NFL is showing a double standard in their conduct policy.

The Vick stuff is basically ridiculous and they can handle it either way and actually make an excuse for it. I wasn't trying to compare Allen to Vick I was just using Allen as a mild example of a bit of a double standard.

They can go either way with Vick they can not suspend him until he's actually convicted because "he's never been in trouble before" and innocent until proven guilty and all that...also they have some stake as one was once suppose to be someone the game was marketed around.

Or they suspend him now avoid the bad PR of not suspending him and all that comes with that.....and of course the players union freaking out on them for which I'm sure would happen seeing as well it's their job to do that for the most part.

There's pro's and con's to it they are likely weighing those...they almost have to do something to look even remotely consistent in this conduct policy and not look like a few guys were used a scapegoats to get the media off their backs.

Problem is, Jared Allen didn't go running around, killing dogs and waging bets on a dog fight. However, Jared Allen did put himself and others in danger of his actions (His DUI's) but in the process of that, nobody was injured or even killed. I would also like to point out that Allen was indicted by Johnson County.

Michael Vick however, based on the indictment, states that Vick knowingly that there was dogfights in the property that HE owns. I should also mention that placing bets is gambling, anyway you want to slice it. Not to mention that Vick is being indicted by the Federal Gov't, not by a county, or the state.

With that being said, Pete Rose got banned for baseball becuase he was betting baseball games, yet nothing got killed in the process. If Vick is found guilty, then the NFL should seriously consider the thought of banning Michael Vick for life, not becuase of the betting, but also the promoting and betting dogfighting. Not to mention that it's about inhumanely treating and killing the dogs who lose.

The Feds got witnesses who were there, cooperating with the investigation, testifying.

I'm also having a real difficult time seeing how Vick will possibly be able to make an 'ignorance' defense here. His involvement to at least some degree seems pretty clear to me. It's to the point where if he tried to really argue he didn't know in court, I would have trouble not laughing, and I suspect the prosecutors would too.

Vick could cop a plea, but remember if he does that, it's going to carry with it guilt, which means Goodall will wave *his* magic wand and suspend Vick, probably for a awhile, me thinks. This is also the shit that the NFL does not need, yet dumbshits like Pac Man Jones and Michael Vick are doing shit that is causing the NFL to have a black eye, EVEN IF THEY ARE PROVEN INNOCENT!

And just so we're clear, he's already guilty in my eyes, so I won't really hold back on this issue. Sometimes I don't care about innocent until proven guilty, there is absolutely no way that he didn't know something was going on, so he's at least partially involved. I have a feeling he was heavily involved though.

Finally, I must add that the Federal Gov't has a 95% conviction rate of all suspects indicted. So that being said, the next "Mike Vick Experience" commercial will be a kid looking at the world from behind bars.

Joe Seahawk
07-18-2007, 10:06 PM
:)

Sept. 13, 2004: "Every game is a dogfight," then-coach Jim Mora said. "My dad used to say that all the time. It's a dogfight. Unless you're on the field, on the sidelines with the headset on, with the helmet on, it's hard to understand how intense and how emotional a football game is on Sundays in the National Football League. It's a flat-out dogfight. And you've seen dogfights ... it's back and forth and then you get them pinned a little bit and you come back."

Oct. 16, 2005: "The game was a typical Falcons-Saints game," Mora said. "They're dogfights that come down to the end, there've been playoff games that have been like this, there have been regular-season games that were like this and this is just another one in the series of dogfights between the Falcons and the Saints."

Nov. 17, 2005: "When talking to Falcons players this week, the one word that resonated from all their mouths was 'dogfight'," a team reporter said, referring to an upcoming game against Tampa Bay. Several players then used the term during interviews, but Vick used the term "war" instead.

Dec. 12, 2005: "We just know that these New Orleans games, if we let them stick around too long, it's going to be a dogfight," defensive tackle Antwan Lake said.

Sept. 9, 2006: "From Chris Crocker to Michael Vick, throwing a stiff shoulder into the Panthers early and throughout the game will send an undeniable message that they're in for a dogfight, and that the Falcons aren't to be taken lightly," according to a game preview.

Nov. 19, 2006: "It's a dogfight," Mora said. "You know what? We are 5-5 and next week we're playing for the division lead. It's going to be a dogfight from here on out. Right now, parity in this league is huge. Any team can win on any given Sunday."

Demonpenz
07-18-2007, 10:10 PM
nfl players love pit bulls they are like weightlifting body builders just like them. The only thing is we don't get to eletricute ryan sims if he refuses to fight

Chiefspants
07-18-2007, 10:10 PM
Vick needs to be banned

KCBOSS1
07-18-2007, 10:36 PM
Unless he absolutely cleared, he's done. I don't think that there is any way based on surfacing info, but hey, there's OJ.

KCBOSS1
07-18-2007, 10:37 PM
In no way am I comparing killing dogs to killing people. But just in the light of how things can seem to get covered up, I never cease to be amazed.

Smed1065
07-18-2007, 10:39 PM
I am curious to the actual conviction rate that people state. (federal) I did a little research and the highest figure I saw was 91% with the low being around 80%?

Groves
07-18-2007, 11:18 PM
Thanks. We're talking about Vick and dogfighting. If you want to discuss something like Abortion, take it to DC.

I AM talking about Vick and dogfighting. Virtually every post says something comparative. What should happen to Vick, what shouldn't happen to Vick, is it torture, isn't it torture, is there a double standard, isn't there a double standard, who the hell body slams a fish, etc.

I just think it's odd that so many people that don't get upset about ripping humans limb from limb get upset at dogs being treated cruelly. No matter where you stand on abortion, everyone wants consistent thinking and actions.

DC is for political and religious stuff. The Vick Saga transcends all.

bringbackmarty
07-19-2007, 12:11 AM
People should scream about a child being harmed, or a bum being beat up. I for one would be pissed off if something was done to someone I care for and a dog being killed is more important to everyone than seeking justice for them.

Again with the names. You people are so graphic and inhumane.
You people

who you callin you people? Buzzard Butt Licker...

Chief Faithful
07-19-2007, 07:33 AM
yes i ahve hit livestock in the head w/ a hammer then cut there throat to bleed them out. ive even used a cattle prod.

I'm having trouble with the comparison. Killing a pig for dinner is a lot different then what Vick was doing. If you are raising hogs for hog fights, then hitting the non-agreesive pigs and injured hogs with hammers, draining their blood, then burying the carcasses then I think you've crossed the line into cruel and inhumane. Do the same with dogs and now you have broken the law because society has drawn a line.

HonestChieffan
07-19-2007, 07:37 AM
MOHill is just spouting garbage to get a responce so relax.

Vick will and should be jailed for this entire thing. Time to gear up for the pit lovers rushing to defend. Sad lot they are.

Eleazar
07-19-2007, 07:46 AM
There are a few things on CP you can set your watch to. One is Mecca excusing any kind of behavior no matter how despicable. If he'd wandered by Dachau during WW2 he'd have said that we shouldn't point fingers and it's not that big of a deal and everybody else does it too, or that there was one example in all of human history of worse behavior than this, so therefore we can't condemn it.

chagrin
07-20-2007, 05:21 AM
This whole thing is terrible - obviously he deserves punishment, shame to see such a talent waste it.

Red Dawg
07-20-2007, 05:34 AM
this is FEDERAL COURT! If he is convicted of any of this then the only NFL punishment that is right would BANNED FROM THE LEAGUE! Goodsell will have no choice.

Chief Faithful
07-20-2007, 08:24 AM
this is FEDERAL COURT! If he is convicted of any of this then the only NFL punishment that is right would BANNED FROM THE LEAGUE! Goodsell will have no choice.

Everyone is being so careful with this issue by saying, "if" convicted then there should be action taken.

There was no "if" with Pacman, Henry, and Johnson although they did have worse historys to draw upon.

My question: does anyone have any doubts that Vick is guilty? I would like to assemble the court of public opinion. Rain Man, are you available to take the bench?

chagrin
07-20-2007, 08:28 AM
Everyone is being so careful with this issue by saying, "if" convicted then there should be action taken.

There was no "if" with Pacman, Henry, and Johnson although they did have worse historys to draw upon.

My question: does anyone have any doubts that Vick is guilty? I would like to assemble the court of public opinion. Rain Man, are you available to take the bench?

The answer is painfully obvious.

These boys were his close friends, we all know about our close friends and what they do; Vick knew what they did. Best case scanrio, if he physically abuse the animals OR partake of the profits, he still knew what they were doing.

Nobody has lifelong friends that they would let live in their home and all the while be oblivious to something like this. Let's have people start taking responsibility for pete's sake, for their actions!

FD
07-20-2007, 08:28 AM
If he does ever play again, the opposing team better play "Who let the dogs out" when he takes the field.

KCChiefsMan
07-21-2007, 11:57 PM
I got in a conversation at a bar about this whole Vick thing and the guy said
"What's wrong with letting dogs fight it out? What's the difference between that and boxing?"

instead of insulting him and saying what I wanted to I walked away

Ugly Duck
07-22-2007, 01:37 AM
I'll also not argue that pit bulls were originally bred for fighting... it's their instinct. A typical pit bull simply is more aggressive than a typical collie, etc. A pit bull's nature is to fight.

Because they were bred to fight. In pits. Thats why they call them Pit Bulls. They breed for a quality called "gameness" which is determined by an unwillingness to cry uncle in the pit. True story.

BWillie
07-22-2007, 02:48 AM
I got in a conversation at a bar about this whole Vick thing and the guy said
"What's wrong with letting dogs fight it out? What's the difference between that and boxing?"

instead of insulting him and saying what I wanted to I walked away

Personally, I don't give a crap about dog fighting. It just doesn't make sense to me that the same people that condemn animal fighting also eat meat. Almost every animal you eat goes through a hanus process before it is killed, yet nobody cares about those animals. Why are dogs different? Have you ever been fishing? I bet you have. You fish killer, you sons of bitches. Have you ever killed a deer, pheasant, etc? Maybe so. The only reason people find this so bad is because it's a dog and people are emotionally attached to dogs. I don't think Vick is in the right in eletrocuting a dog here, let that be clear, but at the same time I can't really say much because I eat steak and pork, which is a product of horrible and inhumane conditions. Because I do so, I'm not going to be a hyprocrite like everyone else. I have much more of a problem with people getting DUI's and possibly killing one of your all's daughter behind the wheel, but 2 games is all we give Jared for getting 2 DUI's. Dogfighting..people want to ban him for life. Just doesn't seem fair to me

DaneMcCloud
07-22-2007, 02:53 AM
Personally, I don't give a crap about dog fighting. It just doesn't make sense to me that the same people that condemn animal fighting also eat meat. Almost every animal you eat goes through a hanus process before it is killed, yet nobody cares about those animals. Why are dogs different? Have you ever been fishing? I bet you have. You fish killer, you sons of bitches. Have you ever killed a deer, pheasant, etc? Maybe so. The only reason people find this so bad is because it's a dog and people are emotionally attached to dogs. I don't think Vick is in the right in eletrocuting a dog here, let that be clear, but at the same time I can't really say much because I eat steak and pork, which is a product of horrible and inhumane conditions. Because I do so, I'm not going to be a hyprocrite like everyone else. I have much more of a problem with people getting DUI's and possibly killing one of your all's daughter behind the wheel, but 2 games is all we give Jared for getting 2 DUI's. Dogfighting..people want to ban him for life. Just doesn't seem fair to me

Then you're stupid. If you're going to equate the intelligence and awareness of a fish to a dog, then obviously you've never owned either. Or no one has taken the time to show you how truly great, smart and incredible a dog can be.

In case you haven't heard, people don't make cows and chicken family members (well, maybe where YOU live they do, who knows?). Dogs aren't called "Man's Best Friend" for no reason. Dogs are intelligent, help the blind and disabled and are trusted by more human beings than any other species on the planet (and probably in many cases, more trustworthy than other human beings).

So if you don't "Get It", fine. But don't lump yourself with the rest of us (and majority of Americans) that "DO" get it.

DenverChief
07-22-2007, 02:57 AM

tell me what the point of killing a fish or a deer is? to eat. What is the point of forcing two dogs to kill one another? what common good comes from that? before you ask I am against "sport" hunting that is hunting just to hunt and leaving the carcass ....people are against cock fighting yet they are not cute and cuddly like dogs it is because FORCING animals to fight is evil and lets be real the dogs are forced to fight

SPchief
07-22-2007, 02:57 AM
Then you're stupid. If you're going to equate the intelligence and awareness of a fish to a dog, then obviously you've never owned either. Or no one has taken the time to show you how truly great, smart and incredible a dog can be.

In case you haven't heard, people don't make cows and chicken family members (well, maybe where YOU live they do, who knows?). Dogs aren't called "Man's Best Friend" for no reason. Dogs are intelligent, help the blind and disabled and are trusted by more human beings than any other species on the planet (and probably in many cases, more trustworthy than other human beings).

So if you don't "Get It", fine. But don't lump yourself with the rest of us (and majority of Americans) that "DO" get it.

Good post.

DenverChief
07-22-2007, 02:58 AM
Good post.

SPchief
07-22-2007, 03:00 AM
tell me what the point of killing a fish or a deer is? to eat. What is the point of forcing two dogs to kill one another? what common good comes from that? before you ask I am against "sport" hunting that is hunting just to hunt and leaving the carcass ....people are against cock fighting yet they are not cute and cuddly like dogs it is because FORCING animals to fight is evil and lets be real the dogs are forced to fight

Another good post

SPchief
07-22-2007, 03:01 AM

Damn, I'm not a machine. I can't post every minute.

DenverChief
07-22-2007, 03:02 AM
Damn, I'm not a machine. I can't post every minute.

DenverChief
07-22-2007, 03:04 AM
Another good post

speaking of your just a night poster now or what?

SPchief
07-22-2007, 03:04 AM

Sorry, but I'm not gay, your advances would be better advised towards Gochiefs.

SPchief
07-22-2007, 03:06 AM
speaking of your just a night poster now or what?

I mostly post at night. But things will be soon changing. I probably won't be on much at all starting on Friday.

DenverChief
07-22-2007, 03:10 AM
I mostly post at night. But things will be soon changing. I probably won't be on much at all starting on Friday.

why is that?

SPchief
07-22-2007, 03:12 AM
why is that?

Moving up in the world.

DenverChief
07-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Moving up in the world.

doesn't that usually equate to more slack time and therefore more planet time?

KCChiefsMan
07-22-2007, 03:17 AM

People hunt usually to eat, cattle and pigs are raised for people to eat. I'm not a vegetarian but I can see that dog fighting is wrong. Dog Fighting = gambling and entertainment. Hunting/farms = for food. Now you tell me what seems more reasonable? Here are some common methods used by the dogs' owners to prepare them for the fight:
-Starvation to encourage malice
-Beatings to build “endurance”
-Forced exhausting exercise
-Small animals such as cats, kittens, puppies, and rabbits are often stolen from backyards to be used as training bait. They are hung up, then mauled to death.

I'm sure that cattle/poultry and pigs are treated bad as well, but it is for food and that's where food chain logic comes in. If you think that dog fighting is no different in principle than you are stupid.

SPchief
07-22-2007, 03:19 AM
doesn't that usually equate to more slack time and therefore more planet time?

heh, not in my business. In my business, it means later hours and dealing with even more bitching guests than before. But it does mean more money.

Ugly Duck
07-22-2007, 08:36 AM
Almost every animal you eat goes through a hanus process before it is killed

Hanus?

HonestChieffan
07-22-2007, 08:48 AM
I wondered about that. Is it like Hummus?

BWillie
07-22-2007, 10:06 AM

It's not about getting it or not getting it. I have a different opinion than you. Some of you people in here can act immature at times when someone simply disagrees with you. I simply disagree with your thoughts and people call me an "idiot" "stupid" among other things. Come on now

Your point about me ever owning a dog is irrelevant. Yes, to answer that question I have owned a dog. I love animals, and I have many pets. I'm not talking about if someone stole or killed somebody elses pet here. If they find out that Vick and co stole these dogs illegally and did this, throw the book at them by all means. People are emotionally attached to dogs. That is what it all comes down to. There are people that have pigs as pets, even rats. They would argue that nobody has taken the time to show you how great and valuable these animals are. So I don't see where you are going here.

Why does the intelligence of the animal have to do with anything? Sorry to bust your bubble, but there are many animals that are considered more intelligent by scholars. So you are saying, basically, that an animal that is more intelligent more should be spared, and it's ok that other animals are killed and treated in a worse manner than these dogs. Pigs, who cares they aren't very smart, kill them. I'm glad we don't treat the mentally handicapped in the same manner in this country, sheesh.

I'm not lumping myself with anybody. I am outspoken on this issue, because it's something that I believe is punished unreasonably compared to other cases. I realize most of you disagree, but please be respectful when you reply.

Simplex3
07-22-2007, 10:47 AM
It's not about getting it or not getting it. I have a different opinion than you.
Dude, eventually we'll all realize that Dane is from Hollywood and he knows celebrities, therefore he's always right.