PDA

View Full Version : Royals 2009 Kansas City Royals Repository.

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 05:18 PM
Where are y'all getting your draft info? It's time to focus on the future, Royals fans.

What? We traded Raul Ibanez!!

KChiefs1
06-07-2009, 05:27 PM
Where are y'all getting your draft info? It's time to focus on the future, Royals fans.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2009/reports.jsp
http://minors.mlblogs.com/
http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?cat=2
http://projectprospect.com/article/archive/2009-College-Coverage
http://www.minorleagueball.com/

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 05:35 PM
I'm amazed you'd continually claim how you're through with this team and then return and tell us all how you're through with this team.

We heard you the first 40 times.

Find 40 times.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 05:37 PM
You take that "im through with this team" stuff literally?? I take it to mean: I love this team passionately, but im sick of 25 years without playoffs!!

Precisely

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 05:39 PM
Find 40 times.

Still here?

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Still here?

Wow

You've really turned into a real douche. Congrats!

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 05:45 PM
Wow

You've really turned into a real douche. Congrats!

I've turned into a douche? For the last three weeks I get to read you morph into a Ree_Pete-Tard and I'm the douche? LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 05:45 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/draft/y2009/reports.jsp
http://minors.mlblogs.com/
http://www.baseballamerica.com/blog/draft/?cat=2
http://projectprospect.com/article/archive/2009-College-Coverage
http://www.minorleagueball.com/

My two favorites.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 05:46 PM
I've turned into a douche? For the last three weeks I get to read you morph into a Ree_Pete-Tard and I'm the douche? LMAO

Sure

Your opinion is gold. I mean, you're the true, real fan right? No one is allowed a differing opinion without you demeaning them. So yeah, you're being a douche.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 06:01 PM
What? We traded Raul Ibanez!!

Don't make me want to kick Glass in the nuts even more.

Fuck, no, Raul. We're not going to give you another year on the contract.

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Sure

Your opinion is gold. I mean, you're the true, real fan right? No one is allowed a differing opinion without you demeaning them. So yeah, you're being a douche.

Where did I (or anybody) say anything about restricting your opinion? You don't have a differing opinion. You whine about how bad and shitty and crummy and bad and shitty and crummy and shitty and bad the team is.

That's not a differing opinion. That's Ree_run.

What did you expect? Did you think this team would win 90 games? This team would go from 75 to 90 wins?

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 06:09 PM
Where did I (or anybody) say anything about restricting your opinion? You don't have a differing opinion. You whine about how bad and shitty and crummy and bad and shitty and crummy and shitty and bad the team is.

That's not a differing opinion. That's Ree_run.

What did you expect? Did you think this team would win 90 games? This team would go from 75 to 90 wins?

Did you expect people, during this 6-21 streak, to be lauding the efforts of this team/franchise? 6-21 is reminiscent of the teams we have seen in the last 15 years. So yeah, I was hoping we would be able to avoid that sort of slide.

90 wins? Nope. I think I'm somewhere on record as saying 80-85 wins would be a great for this team.

And, where the f is this powertard stuff coming from?

petegz28
06-07-2009, 06:15 PM

Yes you're a dick anymore

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 06:24 PM
Did you expect people, during this 6-21 streak, to be lauding the efforts of this team/franchise? 6-21 is reminiscent of the teams we have seen in the last 15 years. So yeah, I was hoping we would be able to avoid that sort of slide.

90 wins? Nope. I think I'm somewhere on record as saying 80-85 wins would be a great for this team.

I knew you were capable. We already have Pete-Tard to point out how we always swing at the wrong pitch,swing too ealry in the count, swing too late in the count, the ump squeezes every pitcher, Davies doesn't concentrate, DDJ is incapable and every player should be cut and replaced by a player who has Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Cy Young, DNA (or Marco Scutero).

What I'm saying in a roundabout way is: We have two or three tards in every thread. (Hi Pete), so why not concentrate on what it will take to make the franchise better?

Is it worth it to make a play for Francoeur? Personally, I don't think it's worth the trouble. Might as well force these guys to earn their keep, blow the roster up and start again next season.

The POwertard stuff was to get your attention. It worked. What can I say?

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 06:25 PM

Pete, you should always do the one thing that's made you and the Royals and many threads successful... leave early.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Pete, you should always do the one thing that's made you and the Royals and many threads successful... leave early.

Don't blame me cause you are an ass....not my fault

And at least I bought season tickets..I put my money up...dick

petegz28
06-07-2009, 06:36 PM

Yes you are. Because Teahen hit a homerun yesterday and DDJ caught a ball at the warning track...that's promis you can count on

Deberg_1990
06-07-2009, 06:40 PM
Did you expect people, during this 6-21 streak, to be lauding the efforts of this team/franchise? 6-21 is reminiscent of the teams we have seen in the last 15 years.

Yea, i like how we are all just supposed to sit here and take it quietly during this teams recent slide.

I didnt expect them to compete this year, but i did expect to remain around .500 and avoid these long losing streaks.

True fan can spin it all he wants, but this is turning out to be the same old crapola.

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 06:45 PM

Pete, I understand your frustration. You get metaphorically waterboarded by me in about every thread. It kills you. We know that. But if somebody doesn't point out your leviathan ignorance on a daily basis, how will you learn?

Think of it not as criticism, but parenting.

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Yea, i like how we are all just supposed to sit here and take it quietly during this teams recent slide.

I didnt expect them to compete this year, but i did expect to remain around .500 and avoid these long losing streaks.

True fan can spin it all he wants, but this is turning out to be the same old crapola.

LMAO

Sit here and take it? Let's hear your solution.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Pete, I understand your frustration. You get metaphorically waterboarded by me in about every thread. It kills you. We know that. But if somebody doesn't point out your leviathan ignorance on a daily basis, how will you learn?

Think of it not as criticism, but parenting.

I thnk of you as a dumb fuck...

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 06:49 PM
I thnk of you as a dumb ****...

You swung too early in the count.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 06:53 PM
You swung too early in the count.

Is that what your wife tells ya?

Deberg_1990
06-07-2009, 06:56 PM
LMAO

Sit here and take it? Let's hear your solution.

I dont have any cure alls. I wish i did. But every Royal fan alive has every right to bitch and moan. The team is playing horrible ball right now.

Like i said, i didnt expect to win a championship this year, but they should be doing better than this.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 06:57 PM
I dont have any cure alls. I wish i did. But every Royal fan alive has every right to bitch and moan. The team is playing horrible ball right now.

Like i said, i didnt expect to win a championship this year, but they should be doing better than this.

He knows everything...no one else knows near as much as him....

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 06:58 PM
Is it worth it to make a play for Francoeur? Personally, I don't think it's worth the trouble. Might as well force these guys to earn their keep, blow the roster up and start again next season.

Really?

Even if it's for essentially a bag of cash to eat the Guillen contract? Admittedly, this assumes ATL just want to dump Francoeur, which seems very unlikely.

But, in the land of hypothetical, I do this every single day because I'd rather bet on potential. Whereas keeping Guillen and his cash for another season would prohibit the growing process--developmentally and economically.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:04 PM
Really?

Even if it's for essentially a bag of cash to eat the Guillen contract? Admittedly, this assumes ATL just want to dump Francoeur, which seems very unlikely.

But, in the land of hypothetical, I do this every single day because I'd rather bet on potential. Whereas keeping Guillen and his cash for another season would prohibit the growing process--developmentally and economically.

I agree...the whole "play for next year" mentatlity is what ales this team and has for the last decade +. At some point you have to start playing for now, regardless.

Deberg_1990
06-07-2009, 07:05 PM

heh.

I will say this,

If the team finishes worse than last year, i hope they blow this thing up.

There are only about 3 or 4 core guys worth keeping long term.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:08 PM
Yet another rebuild for the Royals?

Royals baseball: perpetually rebuilding.

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:10 PM

You and Pete are kinda Mecca-ish. Waaahmbulancing about how you perceive that 'somebody' says you can't bitch and moan. Nobody says you can't bitch and moan. I'm saying, let's get past that. Again, if you thought this team was going to win 90 games, then you let yourself be fooled.

To go through every thread with the wailing and gnashing of teeth and "Trade him" (for who/what) is a little ridiculous, no? Pete's ignorant and knows no better.

Is DDJ playing well? No. What's the solution? "Trade him" say the masses. But for what? What moves do you make? That's all I'm asking.

Any fucking mental defect can cry about it (hi again, Pete). How about you put some actual thought into something more than "We suck"?

I don't really think that's asking too much.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:11 PM
heh.

I will say this,

If things don't pick up then Moore needs to start building this year. Not wait until the off-season. There is no point in watching Teahen's and DeJesus's if they are going to go. Start working trades, dumping, bringing up minor league talent, whatever the case may be. But the wait and see crap has to stop. Trey says we are playing for "right now". Well right now we are the worst team in baseball, imo. I don't like this coaching staff outside of Kuntz and McLure. Everyone else can go along with the majority of the players.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:12 PM
You and Pete are kinda Mecca-ish. Waaahmbulancing about how you perceive that 'somebody' says you can't bitch and moan. Nobody says you can't bitch and moan. I'm saying, let's get past that. Again, if you thought this team was going to win 90 games, then you let yourself be fooled.

To go through every thread with the wailing and gnashing of teeth and "Trade him" (for who/what) is a little ridiculous, no? Pete's ignorant and knows no better.

Is DDJ playing well? No. What's the solution? "Trade him" say the masses. But for what? What moves do you make? That's all I'm asking.

Any ****ing mental defect can cry about it (hi again, Pete). How about you put some actual thought into something more than "We suck"?

I don't really think that's asking too much.

You're just a class A jackoff. No ifs ands or buts about it.

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:13 PM
heh.

I will say this,

Was that difficult?

That's exactly how I feel. Eat some salary, trade for prospects (b grade most likely) and hope somebody pans out. Continue to pour money into the farm until it pays off. If it doesn't, then it's pitchfork time.

I don't know if Moore has the capital to withstand an overhaul. Too bad for him.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:14 PM
Was that difficult?

That's exactly how I feel. Eat some salary, trade for prospects (b grade most likely) and hope somebody pans out. Continue to pour money into the farm until it pays off. If it doesn't, then it's pitchfork time.

I don't know if Moore has the capital to withstand an overhaul. Too bad for him.

You are such a condescending prick.

Deberg_1990
06-07-2009, 07:14 PM
If things don't pick up then Moore needs to start building this year. Not wait until the off-season. There is no point in watching Teahen's and DeJesus's if they are going to go. Start working trades, dumping, bringing up minor league talent, whatever the case may be. But the wait and see crap has to stop. Trey says we are playing for "right now". Well right now we are the worst team in baseball, imo. I don't like this coaching staff outside of Kuntz and McLure. Everyone else can go along with the majority of the players.

I agree. Id try move as much of the trash as I could come the trade deadline if we are truly out of it.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:15 PM
The problem with this team isn't DDJ, or Mark Teahen, or Jose Guillen.

As I've said numerous times, all of these guys are viable ML players, and you need these kinds of guys to win, too. The problem is that the entire roster cannot be devoid of "star" talent.

Ok, easier said than done. Either draft it or acquire it. We're waiting on the former, and the latter means trades or FA. Top-tier talent won't sign here, yet, so we're forced to consider trading one or more of the following: Greinke, Meche, Soria, Butler, Gordon, Hosmer, Moosetacos.

Or we wait and hope we've been drafting well and acquiring/developing talent in Latin America.

If we want to trade, who here wants to move the players I've listed, since they're the only ones with any value?

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Really?

No. Eat the Guillen salary. (of course we won't). So if Farncoeur is available, and the Braves want to deal him, he'd be better than what we have. So I'm kind of on the fence there.

Guillen is a cancer and his skill are in rapid decline. He needs to be removed before he becomes metastatic.

Deberg_1990
06-07-2009, 07:16 PM
Was that difficult?

I may bitch, but IM pretty much always civil.

For the record, ive defended Mecca alot. I dont always agree with his methods but hes right alot more than hes wrong.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:17 PM
Yet another rebuild for the Royals?

Royals baseball: perpetually rebuilding.

I am not sure what we paid Jacobs....but sending HoRam down shows we are willing to eat some cash. I would seriously look at packaging up some guys like him, Guillen, DDJ, Teahen and Buck and send them packing. Hopefully Gordon comes around as Billy is starting too. I can live with Butler at 1st for a season or two while we get a reasl SS and 2nd basemen and catcher. Honestly I would like to keep Guillen and just move him to the DH role and spot him in RF. But if we have to toss him in on a deal then oh well.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:18 PM
No. Eat the Guillen salary. (of course we won't). So if Farncoeur is available, and the Braves want to deal him, he'd be better than what we have. So I'm kind of on the fence there.

Guillen is a cancer and his skill are in rapid decline. He needs to be removed before he becomes metastatic.

Francoeur aside, if we could get a team to pick up even just next year's salary for Guillen, I think it would be a hugely successful trade.

Salary off the books and the revenue from the new K, and we're looking at a shit ton of cash that *SHOULD* be available to chase top guys. And it's going to take a shit ton to get a top-tier guy to commit.

Our payroll absolutely should be 90-100 mil. next season.

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:19 PM
I may bitch, but IM pretty much always civil.

For the record, ive defended Mecca alot. I dont always agree with his methods but hes right alot more than hes wrong.

You have my most sincere apology if I offended you.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:20 PM
I am not sure what we paid Jacobs....but sending HoRam down shows we are willing to eat some cash. I would seriously look at packaging up some guys like him, Guillen, DDJ, Teahen and Buck and send them packing. Hopefully Gordon comes around as Billy is starting too. I can live with Butler at 1st for a season or two while we get a reasl SS and 2nd basemen and catcher. Honestly I would like to keep Guillen and just move him to the DH role and spot him in RF. But if we have to toss him in on a deal then oh well.

The guys you've mentioned aren't bringing shit in return.

Maybe an A-level prospect, which wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, but...

See my last post on this. DDJ and others are far from the problem.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:22 PM
I agree. Id try move as much of the trash as I could come the trade deadline if we are truly out of it.

Well, for anyone who has paid attention for the last few years, you being one, it is no secret that I was and am a DDJ fan. But he isn't getting it done. And I am at the point that players like him, Teahen and Buck are just part of the losing culture of this team from the Baird era. Maybe they go on to do well elsewhere and I hope they do. But as crapy as this division is this year we really should be competing as we are supposed to be on the upswing. We have taken a big step backwards this year, imo. Some of that was just bad luck. Some of it though is just bad players. And I still do not excuse the guy managing the lineup everyday. It is not a suprise to anyone when Jacobs goes 0-? against a LH pitcher except our coach.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:23 PM
The Baird era?

WTF is that? Is that a synonym for the David Glass didn't give a motherfucking shit era?

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:24 PM

I know they aren't. But that doesn't mean we need to keep them. They aren't doing us any good in the lineup either so you might as well cut your losses and get serious about re-building the team. And of course that means Glass is going to have to up about $20 mil more for payroll and Moore is going to have to quit overpaying AAA talent.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:25 PM
The Baird era?

WTF is that? Is that a synonym for the David Glass didn't give a mother****ing shit era?

Yes. That whole era we aquired players that have become used too and to a point are ok with losing. Cause that is all the know. Was it all Barid's fault? No. But it was still the Baird era.

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:25 PM

I thnk of you as a dumb ****...

You're just a class A jackoff. No ifs ands or buts about it.

You are such a condescending prick.

Always trying to get my attention. XO, Petey

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Always trying to get my attention. XO, Petey

Stay away from me..queer

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:28 PM

George Costanza:

"Mr. Steinbrenner, I think I've found a way for us to get Griffey and Bonds and not really give up too much".

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Perhaps we should all just go to the game and stand in RF and cuss out Guillen???? That will fix the team!!!!

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Stay away from me..queer

LMAO

Is that what your wife tells ya?

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:30 PM
Yes. That whole era we aquired players that have become used too and to a point are ok with losing. Cause that is all the know. Was it all Barid's fault? No. But it was still the Baird era.

I'll stick with the David I don't give a fucking shit about winning Glass era.

Dayton Moore is the first GM of the newly formed ML franchise in KC. We were essentially contracted for a period of time.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 07:31 PM
I'll stick with the David I don't give a ****ing shit about winning Glass era.

Dayton Moore is the first GM of the newly formed ML franchise in KC. We were essentially contracted for a period of time.

This, Baird was handcuffed, period...

Hell our draft picks were all about signability as well

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Perhaps we should all just go to the game and stand in RF and cuss out Guillen???? That will fix the team!!!!

I don't think you'd do it, Pete. You're afraid of your black neighbor. Guillen might know him. :doh!:

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:32 PM
But it's a good idea.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 07:33 PM
I'll stick with the David I don't give a ****ing shit about winning Glass era.

I agree. And I have been until his statement today, been cutting him some slack where others have not. But the last thing I want is a GM who is patting our players on the head for having a good attitude when they lost 21 out of 27 and to pretend there is no problem on offense. I assume that was just media lingo he was yapping. I hope it was.

I bought my season tickets based on the fact he was hired. I could find a lot of things better to spend $1500 a year on if that is the case.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:33 PM
This, Baird was handcuffed, period...

Hell our draft picks were all about signability as well

Yes.

It's truly amazing that out of all that layer of fucking shit, we drafted Greinke. This alone redeems Baird for any and all wrong he might have done. Given the restrictions from ownership, however, I doubt he could use all the TP he wanted to after taking a shit.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 07:34 PM
I knew you were capable. We already have Pete-Tard to point out how we always swing at the wrong pitch,swing too ealry in the count, swing too late in the count, the ump squeezes every pitcher, Davies doesn't concentrate, DDJ is incapable and every player should be cut and replaced by a player who has Ty Cobb, Walter Johnson, Cy Young, DNA (or Marco Scutero).

What I'm saying in a roundabout way is: We have two or three tards in every thread. (Hi Pete), so why not concentrate on what it will take to make the franchise better?

The POwertard stuff was to get your attention. It worked. What can I say?

No on Francouer. We have so many issues on this team, and really, he's not going to solve much of the problem.

We need an everyday 3 hole hitter in the worst gdamn way. Butler, imo, is a guy that needs to bat in the 5 spot. He doesn't have enough discipline, speed or power to bat in the 3 hole. I had high hopes for Gordon at 3, but seriously, his swing worries the crap out of me.

We also need to firm up the middle of our infield. Callaspo and Avilles don't really do it for me. Callaspo has been great at the plate this year, but he's not a sure glove at 2b. Avilles is ok at SS but I have got to believe we can do better. Catcher is a sore spot as well. Who is the last Catcher we drafted that has been worth a shit? Hell, for that matter, who was the last catcher we traded for who was worth a shit? Sunny?

It's just a gawdamn mess, and it shouldn't be this bad in my opinion. I'm frustrated. I'm bitching a ton lately, and I know it. Lately, it's been easier to be a sarcastic prick than to continue to get my heart ripped in half by this team - year after year.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:35 PM
Dayton Moore should be receiving the majority of the criticism for this year's team.

Do I want Hillman as the manager? Absolutely not. But a GM is far more important than a manager in baseball, and Moore has done a very, very poor job assembling the current ML roster.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Dayton Moore should be receiving the majority of the criticism for this year's team.

Do I want Hillman as the manager? Absolutely not. But a GM is far more important than a manager in baseball, and Moore has done a very, very poor job assembling the current ML roster.

:toast:

DeezNutz
No on Francouer. We have so many issues on this team, and really, he's not going to solve much of the problem.

Why no?

We'd be getting a guy with huge upside for very, very little of real value. The money for Guillen has already been spent, so it's not like we're throwing anything out the window, and Francouer would be an upgrade over Guillen right now.

Win, win.

If JF doesn't meet his potential, no biggie. Hell of a lot less cash to have to eat then.

petegz28

Yes but Moore has done a lot in getting our farm system together, starting the academy in the Domincan, etc. etc. He has done a lot we do not see. That being said, the offseason moves he made this year for the most part were a step in the wrong direction.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 07:39 PM

He's been great at getting bullpen help, but he spent his money wrong this year. We got power, but man did they even scout mike jacobs or look at his hr's? I thought he'd be a good addition with the power but didn't realize how shitty of a ballplayer he is so far...

Cocoa is a good addition, just been unhealthy, hopefully he pans out. I still think they have set the offense up to fail with the lack of OBP, and well talent around. We have no true #4 hitter, and maybe butler will be a 3 but he needs to hit for more power. Hopefully Dayton is learning from the mistakes and gets us more help, but we need these picks to come through in a huge way.

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Unfortunately I don't think this team makes any moves. I'd love it if we did. I'd like to shore up the infield. If we could take some of the pressure off the pitchers defensively, then concentrate on the offense.

Although I'm about to explode watching these guys AB's.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 07:41 PM
Yes but Moore has done a lot in getting our farm system together, starting the academy in the Domincan, etc. etc. He has done a lot we do not see. That being said, the offseason moves he made this year for the most part were a step in the wrong direction.

I agree with that and the drafts and it may payoff big time here soon, but it will be a few years atleast before we reap any benefits there. He needs to be more careful with his mlb talent via trade or fa.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:42 PM

I'm talking simply about the construction of the ML roster.

He made so many stupid moves this off-season, it makes me question whether we can trust that he's making sound decisions elsewhere.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Unfortunately I don't think this team makes any moves. I'd love it if we did. I'd like to shore up the infield. If we could take some of the pressure off the pitchers defensively, then concentrate on the offense.

Although I'm about to explode watching these guys AB's.

No patience at all, makes me wonder if seitzer is dealing with idiots too? he got canned in ARZ, but maybe wrongfully so, considering most of their talent are idiots that dont listen to coaching either and they are by far more talented than our guys.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Why no?

We'd be getting a guy with huge upside for very, very little of real value. The money for Guillen has already been spent, so it's not like we're throwing anything out the window, and Francouer would be an upgrade over Guillen right now.

Win, win.

If JF doesn't meet his potential, no biggie. Hell of a lot less cash to have to eat then.

Honestly, I think it's the fact that he's an Atlanta Brave. I know - it's weak. He's 25 and has lots of upside. I just can't get past the "it's another Brave" issue.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 07:43 PM
I'm talking simply about the construction of the ML roster.

He made so many stupid moves this off-season, it makes me question whether we can trust that he's making sound decisions elsewhere.

$9 mill for farnsworth was inexcusable

I sure as hell would love to have orlando hudson right now at 2b. I am just glad we didnt get furcal, even though i wanted us to. He's pretty weak this year

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Honestly, I think it's the fact that he's an Atlanta Brave. I know - it's weak. He's 25 and has lots of upside. I just can't get past the "it's another Brave" issue.

Tony Pena, Jr. syndrome...

Yeah, the over the counter shit doesn't do much to clear this up.

I sure as hell would love to have orlando hudson right now at 2b. I am just glad we didnt get furcal, even though i wanted us to. He's pretty weak this year

If we'd only snagged Milton Bradley...

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:49 PM

We need an everyday 3 hole hitter in the worst gdamn way. Butler, imo, is a guy that needs to bat in the 5 spot. He doesn't have enough discipline, speed or power to bat in the 3 hole. I had high hopes for Gordon at 3, but seriously, his swing worries the crap out of me.

We also need to firm up the middle of our infield. Callaspo and Avilles don't really do it for me. Callaspo has been great at the plate this year, but he's not a sure glove at 2b. Avilles is ok at SS but I have got to believe we can do better. Catcher is a sore spot as well. Who is the last Catcher we drafted that has been worth a shit? Hell, for that matter, who was the last catcher we traded for who was worth a shit? Sunny?

It's just a gawdamn mess, and it shouldn't be this bad in my opinion. I'm frustrated. I'm bitching a ton lately, and I know it. Lately, it's been easier to be a sarcastic prick than to continue to get my heart ripped in half by this team - year after year.

Yea, I'd say that Sunny was the most sound ML catcher we traded for. Porter was a great trade. Paid dividends for seven years.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 07:49 PM

$9MM for Farnsy was bad. I mean REAL bad. That said, he's been nails since giving up that walk off bomb to the Rangers back in late April. He hasn't given up an ER in nearly 17 innings and has only 1 walk in that same time frame. Again, $9MM is way too much, but he appears to have at least found a bit of a groove.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Tony Pena, Jr. syndrome...

Yeah, the over the counter shit doesn't do much to clear this up.

If we'd only snagged Milton Bradley...

Milton and his sandy vagg...im sure ryan lefebvre wouldve loved to call bradleys ab's every night or month whenever he plays hehe

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:53 PM
No patience at all, makes me wonder if seitzer is dealing with idiots too? he got canned in ARZ, but maybe wrongfully so, considering most of their talent are idiots that dont listen to coaching either and they are by far more talented than our guys.

Either that or he F'ed them up.

My personal feeling is that most of these guys got to the bigs by doing it one way and they aren't going to change. Their money is guaranteed.

Of course that's pure speculation. Except for Guillen.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 07:53 PM
$9MM for Farnsy was bad. I mean REAL bad. That said, he's been nails since giving up that walk off bomb to the Rangers back in late April. He hasn't given up an ER in nearly 17 innings and has only 1 walk in that same time frame. Again, $9MM is way too much, but he appears to have at least found a bit of a groove.

From Rany's latest entry. Explains why Farnsworth has been so "good":

"but Hillman was understandably so reluctant to trust Farnsworth in key situations that not one of his last 15 appearances came with a Leverage score of more than 0.30 – where 1.00 is average, and a “key” situation might easily rate 2 or higher."

In other words, Farnsworth has excelled in zero-pressure situations. Hell, there are posters on here who experience more panic when they press "submit."

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 07:55 PM

Most of those are low leverage situations, save for the last one. Still if we candeal him and dump THAT salary, then Moore gets a little capital back.

Sure-Oz

"but Hillman was understandably so reluctant to trust Farnsworth in key situations that not one of his last 15 appearances came with a Leverage score of more than 0.30 – where 1.00 is average, and a “key” situation might easily rate 2 or higher."

In other words, Farnsworth has excelled in zero-pressure situations. Hell, there are posters on here who experience more panic when they press "submit."

ROFL

WilliamTheIrish
What Rany said.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 07:59 PM

Agreed. But, you have to start somewhere. AND, he needed to get his confidence back after getting his a-hole ripped to shreds in April.

That said, the last game he pitched he came into the game in the 7th with game still hanging in the balance and pitched a solid 1.1 innings to hand it safely over to Soria. Like I said, it's a start.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Agreed. But, you have to start somewhere. AND, he needed to get his confidence back after getting his a-hole ripped to shreds in April.

That said, the last game he pitched he came into the game in the 7th with game still hanging in the balance and pitched a solid 1.1 innings to hand it safely over to Soria. Like I said, it's a start.

Given the state of our pen, I absolutely agree that he should go back into the fire. Just not on consecutive days/nights. Apparently, Farnsworth's rigid mental makeup cannot endure THIS much stress.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Most of those are low leverage situations, save for the last one. Still if we candeal him and dump THAT salary, then Moore gets a little capital back.

That's all I really care about at this point. Get him looking better, just enough to trade him to some contender looking for a right handed set-up man.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Trading Farnsworth would be absolutely beautiful.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 08:08 PM
What about trading Cruz? i hope that guy can do better as the setup guy now that soria is back.

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Trading Farnsworth would be absolutely beautiful.

And it would be beautiful for two reasons:

1) He's gone.

2) It would show me that Moore may have learned that he's not a miracle worker. He's a GM of a really bad team. Admitting his mistakes and making some lemonade would be a sep in the right direction.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 08:09 PM
What about trading Cruz? i hope that guy can do better as the setup guy now that soria is back.

Nah. Keep Cruz for a while. This guys game went to shit when Soria hit the DL. I think he'll be a better pitcher (mentally) now that he's back to his normal role. jmho

WilliamTheIrish
06-07-2009, 08:10 PM

That's a sticky situation. Cruz was fine until the team was forced to overexpose him. He's not a closer. He can get that out in the 7th and then two in the 8th and turn it over to Soria.

Sure-Oz
06-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Cruz has what 1 more year on his deal? I think he'll do better as the year goes.

DeezNutz
06-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Nah. Keep Cruz for a while. This guys game went to shit when Soria hit the DL. I think he'll be a better pitcher (mentally) now that he's back to his normal role. jmho

We sure better hope so.

Eating a contract is one thing. Burning a second-round pick would piss me off.

Someone commented recently, however, that one concerning thing with Cruz is that his SO total is way down. Not at all a good sign, since he was a guy who could get the swing and miss.

ChiTown
06-07-2009, 08:16 PM
Cruz has what 1 more year on his deal? I think he'll do better as the year goes.

It's a 2yr contract with a club option in yr 3 that would pay him $4MM.

KChiefs1
06-07-2009, 08:23 PM
The Royals teams of the 70's & 80's were built with a strong farm system(Brett, White, Wilson, Leonard, Splittorff, Saberhagen, Gubicza) & key trades(Otis, Rojas, Patek, McRae, Mayberry, Porter, Gura, Leibrandt).

You have to have both working to field a powerhouse team.

petegz28
06-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I don't really have a problem with Cruz or Wright and for the most part Farnsworth, though we overpaid him big time.

Our bullpen went to shit the minute it became obvious we couldn't score for shit. Frank White even talked about it some today about how it is an added pressure on your pitching staff when they know 1-2 runs given up is probably going to cost you the game.

teedubya
06-07-2009, 09:04 PM
I vote we change the name of this thread to:

2009 Kansas City Royals Suppository

WilliamTheIrish
06-08-2009, 01:12 PM
The battle for Cleveland starts tonight. Win the series and the Royals can stay out of last place in the AL Central.

MIAdragon
06-08-2009, 02:09 PM
You guys need to suck hard for the next 2 years and pick this kid up 1st overall. O M G.

Bryce Harper
6'3, 205
Position: Catcher
Las Vegas High School
Arm Strength: 95 mph (reported)
1st Team All State (Apparently as a 9th grader)

He is being called the LeBron James of baseball.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQQ5cZD8PgU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jQQ5cZD8PgU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Bryce-Harper-punches-his-ticket-to-Cooperstown-a?urn=mlb,167844

petegz28
06-08-2009, 02:12 PM
The battle for Cleveland starts tonight. Win the series and the Royals can stay out of last place in the AL Central.

Well as usual you are on top of your game.

We don't play tonight

Sure-Oz
06-08-2009, 04:39 PM
i'll take bryce harper, but he'd be a bust with us....

I wish we had the #1 overall this year, damnit

MIAdragon
06-08-2009, 05:18 PM
i'll take bryce harper, but he'd be a bust with us....

I wish we had the #1 overall this year, damnit

He'd go #1 THIS year too

Sure-Oz
06-08-2009, 05:20 PM
He'd go #1 THIS year too

Maybe, just maybe him and Straussberg would be def. 1 and 2

MIAdragon
06-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Maybe, just maybe him and Straussberg would be def. 1 and 2

Strasburg scares me, the fact that the kid came to college 30lbs over weight couldn’t run from here to there with out puking it was so bad that the coach told him to quit this was not for him, then there is the mileage on the arm and of course the douche bag Boras.

DeezNutz
06-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Jeter just hit his 8th HR on the season. He'd be our fucking clean-up hitter.

Related to this conversation, just say no to a pitcher at #1 overall, assuming there's a viable position player to select.

Plus, this kid's negotiation is going to be an uber bitch.

MIAdragon
06-08-2009, 07:29 PM
Jeter just hit his 8th HR on the season. He'd be our fucking clean-up hitter.

Related to this conversation, just say no to a pitcher at #1 overall, assuming there's a viable position player to select.

Plus, this kid's negotiation is going to be an uber bitch.

He only has 2 outside that bandbox

DeezNutz
06-08-2009, 07:44 PM
He only has 2 outside that bandbox

Coors East? LMAO

But I'm not mad at 'em, since Jeter is part of my fantasy team. Blow wind, fucking blow111

KChiefs1
06-14-2009, 04:12 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 align=left><TD colSpan=22>American League Central</TD></TR><TR class=bg4 id=special align=left><TD align=left width="19%">Team</TD><TD align=right width="5%">W</TD><TD align=right width="5%">L</TD><TD align=right width="7%">Pct.</TD><TD align=right width="7%">GB</TD><TD align=right width="9%">Home</TD><TD align=right width="9%">Road</TD><TD align=right width="9%">East</TD><TD align=right width="9%">Cent.</TD><TD align=right width="9%">West</TD><TD align=right width="6%">L10</TD><TD align=right width="6%">Strk</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Detroit (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/page/DET)</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>.540</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>17-11</TD><TD>17-18</TD><TD>4-10</TD><TD>14-11</TD><TD>14-4</TD><TD>6-4</TD><TD>L 2</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Minnesota (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/page/MIN)</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>.500</TD><TD>2˝</TD><TD>21-12</TD><TD>11-20</TD><TD>6-16</TD><TD>11-9</TD><TD>10-7</TD><TD>6-4</TD><TD>W 2</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Chi. White Sox (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/page/CHW)</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>.469</TD><TD>4˝</TD><TD>16-18</TD><TD>14-16</TD><TD>5-9</TD><TD>14-14</TD><TD>7-9</TD><TD>5-5</TD><TD>W 2</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Kansas City (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/page/KC)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>34</TD><TD>.452</TD><TD>5˝</TD><TD>18-15</TD><TD>10-19</TD><TD>7-10</TD><TD>13-16</TD><TD>4-6</TD><TD>5-5</TD><TD>W 3</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD align=left>Cleveland (http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/teams/page/CLE)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>.438</TD><TD>6˝</TD><TD>15-16</TD><TD>13-20</TD><TD>12-14</TD><TD>14-16</TD><TD>0-3</TD><TD>6-4</TD><TD>L 1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Reaper16
06-14-2009, 05:41 PM
Yes.

It's truly amazing that out of all that layer of fucking shit, we drafted Greinke. This alone redeems Baird for any and all wrong he might have done. Given the restrictions from ownership, however, I doubt he could use all the TP he wanted to after taking a shit.
I can't possibly even begin to consider that statement. Baird was a shite GM with or without Glass' financial restrictions.

DeezNutz
06-14-2009, 08:12 PM
I can't possibly even begin to consider that statement. Baird was a shite GM with or without Glass' financial restrictions.

What? How can you possibly say that?

All of his moves were predicated by the bottom line, which was always ridiculously tight. We have absolutely no idea what kind of GM he could be.

As I've said numerous times, the fact that he was immediately hired by the Red Sox should tell you all you need to know about Baird's baseball IQ.

Sure-Oz
06-14-2009, 08:14 PM
I think Glass is still a big reason Baird failed here, period.

petegz28
06-14-2009, 08:16 PM
I think Glass is still a big reason Baird failed here, period.

I do too...though Baird was not great.....he was handicapped by the whole "signability" thing

DeezNutz
06-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Baird certainly had his failings; it's only common sense that this had to be the case.

But try to pinpoint his biggest weakness:

1. He didn't draft well. No ****ing shit. Signability. Glass wouldn't spend money.
2. We didn't get good/decent FA's. No ****ing shit. Glass wouldn't spend money.
3. We didn't re-sign our own players. No ****ing shit. Glass wouldn't spend money.
4. Players were rushed and called up too soon. No ****ing shit. Glass wouldn't spend money.

Reaper16
06-14-2009, 08:53 PM
Baird certainly had his failings; it's only common sense that this had to be the case.

But try to pinpoint his biggest weakness:

Well, off the top of my head:

Traded Johnny Damon and Mark Ellis for Angel Berroa, AJ Hinch and Roberto Hernandez

Traded Dye for Nefi Perez

Traded Beltran for Teahen, Buck and Mike Wood

Signed Juan Gonzales

Signed Terrance Long

Signed Bonito Santiago

Signed Darell May

Signed Jose Lima

Signed Scott Elarton

etc.

The trades are the worst part. The utter lack of capable player evaulation behind those trades was astounding. The Beltran trade alone is a damnable, fireable abortion of a decision that completely erodes any goodwill earned from drafting Greinke. That trade should have set up this franchise with three cornerstone players. Instead, Baird wouldn't even consider a deal that didn't include the Royals getting a 3B, C & P. Baird utterly fucked the franchise on that trade. And Glass had nothing to do with Allard's crippling stubbornness.

DeezNutz
06-14-2009, 09:46 PM

Traded Johnny Damon and Mark Ellis for Angel Berroa, AJ Hinch and Roberto Hernandez

Signed Juan Gonzales

Signed Terrance Long

Signed Bonito Santiago

Signed Darell May

Signed Jose Lima

Signed Scott Elarton

etc.

The trades are the worst part. The utter lack of capable player evaulation behind those trades was astounding. The Beltran trade alone is a damnable, fireable abortion of a decision that completely erodes any goodwill earned from drafting Greinke. That trade should have set up this franchise with three cornerstone players. Instead, Baird wouldn't even consider a deal that didn't include the Royals getting a 3B, C & P. Baird utterly ****ed the franchise on that trade. And Glass had nothing to do with Allard's crippling stubbornness.

All of those signings were on a shoe-string budget. Sorry, but you're not getting top talent when you're trying to get someone at no more than 5 mil. per year. So, yeah, Glass had a hell of a lot to do with it.

Glass dictated that Dye be traded for ML talent. That's how you get that cluster ****.

The organization wouldn't re-sign Damon and Beltran, and the latter was traded only months before he hit FA.

I'd say Glass had everything to do with your entire list.

Baird is the easy target. I understand this. Unfortunately, most of this venom is misdirected, since the main culprit was the owner.

As I have repeatedly said, Baird may indeed be a poor GM, but his tenure in KC gives us very little to base this upon because ANYONE would have failed.

KChiefs1
06-14-2009, 09:55 PM
The Royals could only afford to sign one of these guys...Sweeney, Beltran, Damon or Dye. Due to Sweeney's involvement with the community it was decided that signing Sweeney made the most sense but unfortunately for everyone involved right after signing that contract the injuries started to pile up on Sweeney.

Make no mistake about it....David Glass screwed this organization many years while pocketing Steinbrenner's cash instead of spending it like he should have...

DeezNutz
06-14-2009, 09:56 PM
The Royals refused to sign more than one of these guys...Sweeney, Beltran, Damon or Dye. Due to Sweeney's involvement with the community it was decided that signing Sweeney made the most sense but unfortunately for everyone involved right after signing that contract the injuries started to pile up on Sweeney.

Make no mistake about it....David Glass screwed this organization many years while pocketing Steinbrenner's cash instead of spending it like he should have...

FYP.

Reaper16
06-14-2009, 09:58 PM
I think that Glass is the easy target. Everyone knows he was stingy during those years. I'm not absolving Glass in any way; he's been a canker sore at best.

Just because Allard wasn't allowed to spend big money on good players doesn't mean that he should have spent decent money on terrible players. Look at what the Marlins can do on a shoestring budget... two championships. Allard made personnel decisions that were flabbergasting... decisions that were irrelevant to budget. Baird was terrible; I can't understand how you can't see that.

DeezNutz
06-14-2009, 10:00 PM
I think that Glass is the easy target. Everyone knows he was stingy during those years. I'm not absolving Glass in any way; he's been a canker sore at best.

Just because Allard wasn't allowed to spend big money on good players doesn't mean that he should have spent decent money on terrible players. Look at what the Marlins can do on a shoestring budget... two championships. Allard made personnel decisions that were flabbergasting... decisions that were irrelevant to budget. Baird was terrible; I can't understand how you can't see that.

You think the Marlins won two championships operating like the Royals?

Is that the reason for the fire sales post championships? To unload those 35 mil. payrolls?

DeezNutz
06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
When someone flat isn't provided the resources to do his job, I have a hard time being critical about his inability to do his job.

Frankly, I expect failure.

Blame goes to the person not providing the resources in that case.

Demonpenz
06-14-2009, 10:05 PM
baird and glass can equally kiss my ass for pissing away an era of baseball. George clooney and chris o'donnell had a better run as batman and robin

Reaper16
06-14-2009, 10:08 PM
You think the Marlins won two championships operating like the Royals?

Is that the reason for the fire sales post championships? To unload those 35 mil. payrolls?
No, the fire-sales were to maintain the cheap-ass payroll. Championships bring nice arbitration claims, etc.

The Marlins didn't operate like the Royals. I'm arguing that the Royals should have tried operating like the Marlins if Glass was absolutely committed to hamstringing his GM with a paltry budget.

DeezNutz
06-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Why can't you cook me a gourmet meal?!? I gave you five fucking dollars and you had an entire store at your disposal. What the fuck is wrong with you? Why am I eating fucking mac and cheese again?

DeezNutz
06-14-2009, 10:11 PM
No, the fire-sales were to maintain the cheap-ass payroll. Championships bring nice arbitration claims, etc.

The Marlins didn't operate like the Royals. I'm arguing that the Royals should have tried operating like the Marlins if Glass was absolutely committed to hamstringing his GM with a paltry budget.

From Wikipedia, a trusted scholarly site:

"1997: First World Series title

In addition to hiring Leyland as manager, the Marlins signed third baseman Bobby Bonilla, outfielder Moisés Alou, and pitcher Alex Fernandez to lucrative free-agent contracts, raising expectations to levels far beyond what they had ever been in franchise history."

I would have loved for the Royals to try to imitate this. The '97 team wasn't cheap. They were loaded with stars.

Now, the '03 team is a better model, but signability picks (see: Royals, a painful fucking history) don't usually turn out.

Reaper16
06-14-2009, 10:17 PM
From Wikipedia, a trusted scholarly site:

"1997: First World Series title

In addition to hiring Leyland as manager, the Marlins signed third baseman Bobby Bonilla, outfielder Moisés Alou, and pitcher Alex Fernandez to lucrative free-agent contracts, raising expectations to levels far beyond what they had ever been in franchise history."

I would have loved for the Royals to try to imitate this. The '97 team wasn't cheap. They were loaded with stars.

Now, the '03 team is a better model, but signability picks (see: Royals, a painful fucking history) don't usually turn out.
I stand corrected about the '97 Marlins.

But I will not budge from the position that Baird & Glass deserves equal amounts of scorn and blame.

DeezNutz
06-14-2009, 10:25 PM
I stand corrected about the '97 Marlins.

But I will not budge from the position that Baird & Glass deserves equal amounts of scorn and blame.

I think you're being very unfair to Baird.

Glass was on record as saying he was committed to changing the economic structure of the game. This was priority #1.

The perfect microcosm for this worthless **** was the '03 draft. In the middle of a very promising season, he went all-time cheap on the ****ing draft. This was the Aviles draft where the team took primarily college seniors and offered each of them, regardless of round, $1000 to sign. The ultimate signability draft.

Thus, while everyone in KC was buzzing about the resurgent Royals, David ****ing Glass was making sure that he was torpedoing the organization for years to come. We're still feeling the effects of these types of decisions.

I think it's unreasonable to bitch about the quality of how one does his job when he's not provided resources to, now the crazy part, actually do the ****ing job. And this was Baird.

Would he have been good had he had the resources? Who the **** knows. He might have sucked an impressive penis, but at least we'd have known. Currently, this is guesswork.

He signed 3rd-tier FA's and they sucked! Umm...yeah. That's why he was a 3rd-tier FA; he really did suck.

Sure-Oz
06-15-2009, 05:19 PM
Horacio Ramirez-R-Nationals Jun. 15 - 4:18 pm et

Nationals signed LHP Horacio Ramirez to a minor league contract, and assigned him to Triple-A Syracuse.
Ramirez was designated for assignment by the Royals earlier this month after posting a 5.96 ERA in 19 appearances (one start).

Damnit!11111111111

petegz28
06-15-2009, 05:26 PM

Nationals signed LHP Horacio Ramirez to a minor league contract, and assigned him to Triple-A Syracuse.
Ramirez was designated for assignment by the Royals earlier this month after posting a 5.96 ERA in 19 appearances (one start).

Damnit!11111111111

Oh noes!!!

wait...are we stuck eating his contract now?

Sure-Oz
06-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Oh noes!!!

wait...are we stuck eating his contract now?

Probably, who cares

Shouldve used that mill to get juan rivera

Mojo Jojo
06-15-2009, 06:18 PM
Just watching the CWS and the play-by-play guy says the LSU batter has the sweet natural swing you see in guys like Raul Ibanez (Former Royal) and Carlos Beltran (Former Royal). It's times like this that I just hate being a Royals fan.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-15-2009, 11:04 PM

Damnit!11111111111

haha awesome. the nationals rule.

Mama Hip Rockets
06-16-2009, 05:01 AM

:cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sure-Oz
06-16-2009, 08:59 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4265038

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Farnsworth gets 4 stitches in left hand
Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Royals right-handed reliever Kyle Farnsworth had his left index finger bandaged Tuesday after being bitten by one of his two bulldogs.

Farnsworth received four stitches from the bite after breaking up a fight between the two bulldogs on Tuesday morning.

The wound was in Farnsworth's non-pitching hand.

"He's got stitches in his left hand," Royals manager Trey Hillman said. "He didn't get hurt playing ball. He got hurt at home Monday."

Hillman said Farnsworth should not miss any time with the injury.

"I'm planning on him wrapping it up and having him available," Hillman said.

Farnsworth is 1-4 with a 3.43 ERA in 23 relief appearances with the Royals. Farnsworth has also pitched with the New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers, Chicago Cubs and Atlanta Braves.

LMAO

Dartgod
06-16-2009, 10:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4265038

Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Farnsworth gets 4 stitches in left hand
Associated Press

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Kansas City Royals right-handed reliever Kyle Farnsworth had his left index finger bandaged Tuesday after being bitten by one of his two bulldogs.

Farnsworth received four stitches from the bite after breaking up a fight between the two bulldogs on Tuesday morning.

The wound was in Farnsworth's non-pitching hand.

"He's got stitches in his left hand," Royals manager Trey Hillman said. "He didn't get hurt playing ball. He got hurt at home Monday."

Hillman said Farnsworth should not miss any time with the injury.

"I'm planning on him wrapping it up and having him available," Hillman said.

Farnsworth is 1-4 with a 3.43 ERA in 23 relief appearances with the Royals. Farnsworth has also pitched with the New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers, Chicago Cubs and Atlanta Braves.

LMAO
Stupid fucking dog. The right hand, dammit!! :cuss:

Sure-Oz
06-18-2009, 03:19 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&page=rumblings090618&campaign=rss&source=MLBHeadlines

From Jason Stark:

Royals: Ron Mahay, LHP
Oh, it's possible the Royals could do something bigger than this. Mark Teahen? David DeJesus? Jose Guillen, if anybody would take him? You'll no doubt hear their names in the next month. But "they're in a hard position," said an official of one club, "because they're kind of going for it. They're over the rebuilding thing, at least in rhetoric. So I don't know how much they want to take a step back."

But Mahay is one guy who might be exportable. He'll turn 38 this week. He can be a free agent this winter. And he "is on this damn list every year, it seems like," said one exec. The Royals balked at moving him last July, when they had him signed for another year. But unless they charge back into the thick of the race, this year should be a different story. And that 1.137 OPS by right-handed hitters against him is more excellent incentive to deal him.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 01:26 AM
Looks like this trade may backfire now, and no way we re-sign him to that $8 mill deal....atleast i hope not. Sucks for cocoa if he is out for the year.

http://www.kansascity.com/385/story/1262826.html

Posted on Fri, Jun. 19, 2009
Crisp facing possibility of season-ending surgery
By BOB DUTTON
The Kansas City Star

Royals outfielder Coco Crisp could be heading for season-ending surgery if an upcoming examination confirms the injury to his right shoulder as a torn labrum _ as is now feared _ instead of a strained rotator cuff.

“I don’t know what it is yet,” general manager Dayton Moore cautioned. “We’re going to get a second opinion, but he’s been battling this for about five weeks now. He tried to play through it before we made the decision to put him on the disabled list.

“Obviously, that’s not a good sign.”

Crisp, 29, now is restricted from all swinging or throwing activities. He hasn’t played since June 12 but began experiencing shoulder pain in early May, which roughly correlates to his sharp drop in productivity.

Club officials had hoped rest would permit Crisp’s shoulder to strengthen on its own, but results to date have been discouraging.

Moore said plans call for Crisp to undergo an examination Monday by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala. Andrews has long been acknowledged as an expert on shoulder injuries.

If a torn labrum is confirmed, Crisp and the Royals face a choice between additional rest and immediate surgery. Further rest could allow him to return later this season but surgery at a later date could extend his recovery period into next year’s spring training.

Crisp’s contract status also clouds the issue. His three-year deal for $15.5 million expires after this season, but the Royals hold an option to retain him next season for $8 million. He becomes a free agent if the club exercises a $500,000 buyout.

“It’s a setback,” Moore said, “but injuries are a part of the game. I expect our players to handle it and dig a little deeper. They’ve got to come out and perform. As they say, there’s no crying in baseball.”

Crisp batted .261 with a .382 on-base percentage in 32 games through May 12, but declined to .164 and .239 over his next 17 games prior to being placed on the disabled list.

It is perhaps no coincidence that his drop in production mirrors the Royals’ struggles. The club was 18-11 through May 7 but have just 11 victories in their last 36 games.

The Royals are replacing Crisp in center field with a platoon of utilityman Willie Bloomquist and backup outfielder Mitch Maier. Manager Trey Hillman said earlier this week that David DeJesus will remain in left field rather than return to his former position.

The club has few alternatives within its minor-league system.

Veteran Tim Raines Jr., a recent acquisition, is batting .111 in 14 games while playing center field at Class AAA Omaha. He hasn’t played in the majors since 2004. Class AA Northwest Arkansas is using José Duarte, a speedy 24-year-old prospect who batted .182 at Omaha before being dropped a level.

Moore also sees few trade possibilities.

“Who are we going to get?” he asked. “Between Mitch and Willie, we’ll see what happens. We’re looking forward to getting Alex (Gordon) back. We expect him to boost us a little bit.

“But we’re not going to replace Coco. We all know that. We were excited to make the deal to get him on our baseball team. When he was healthy, he was getting on base and making great plays. It’s a loss for our team.”

Buck making progress

Injured catcher John Buck tested his recovery from a herniated disk by taking part in early on-field batting practice for the first time since suffering the injury May 30 against Chicago.

“Everything felt good,” he said. “I also caught 70 pitches off the machine today. I don’t know what the next step is. They won’t tell me.”

Hillman said he expects Buck’s rehab plan to include a minor-league playing assignment before he returns to active duty. The timetable for that assignment remains uncertain but seems unlikely to start before the end of the month.

“How close is he to going out?” Hillman asked. “I don’t know. We’re going to continue to inch it along and make sure he’s OK.”

• Gordon is tentatively scheduled for a Monday examination on his surgically-repaired right hip. Barring setbacks, he remains on track to return to active duty after the All-Star break. Coming out?

A reminder: Saturday’s game starts at 3:10 p.m.

The original 6:10 p.m. start was changed to accommodate Fox television. Gates will open at noon to the Outfield Experience and at 1 p.m. for the rest of the stadium. Because the game is a nearly sold out, the Royals are advising fans to come early to avoid long lines at entry points.

The first 20,000 fans receive a free Royals cap courtesy of The Golf Shop.

Club officials say approximately 4,000 tickets remain for Sunday’s series finale.

Minor details

Left-hander Mike Montgomery, the 36th overall pick in the 2008 draft, settled for a no-decision Thursday night despite allowing just one earned run in six innings in Class A Burlington’s 5-4 loss at Peoria.

Montgomery, 19, yielded two hits while striking out seven and walking none. He is 1-1 in seven starts for the Bees despite a 1.99 ERA.

Etc.

• David DeJesus got his 30th RBI when he opened the Royals’ first inning with a homer. That boosted him into a temporary tie for the club lead with José Guillen and Billy Butler until Butler got No. 31 on a homer in the eighth inning.

• The crowd of 37,660 was the Royals’ sixth sellout of the season.

• Miguel Olivo’s homer in the seventh inning was his 10th of the season. That matches Mike Jacobs for the club lead.

• Cardinals third baseman Khalil Greene left the game in the fifth inning after suffering a bruised left foot earlier in the inning on a foul ball.

• The Cardinals hold a 31-24 advantage in the all-time series, including a 19-12 edge at Kauffman Stadium. No, those numbers don’t include the 1985 World Series.

• Cardinals first baseman Albert Pujols scored the 1,000th run of his career in the third inning on Ryan Ludwick’s home run.
To reach Bob Dutton, Royals reporter for The Star, call (816) 234-4352 or send email to bdutton@kcstar.com.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 01:36 AM
btw this picture accompanied this article...

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/06/19/18/542-RoyalsCardinals_525p.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Apparently trey snuck up behind tony at the cards dugout before the game and had a nice 20 minute chat with him while treys team was in the clubhouse. Anyone find this very odd? Hugging the opposing manager in his dugout and being buddy buddy, isn't that off limits? It's not like they said hi real quick on the field. Why the hell would he go to their dugout, really...it's the fucking opponents area...

btw-this has ps butchering written all over it. i have a feeling people will be talking about this picture, trey just seems very lost with everything.

ChiTown
06-20-2009, 06:08 AM
Is there ANY chance we could actually show up today against the Card's and keep the opposing team to under 10 runs?

I know, wishful thinking.............

34-15 in the last 3 games:doh!:

ChiTown
06-20-2009, 06:46 AM
If anyone has one, I'd like an objective opinion relative to this team's progress from last year. We are on pace to finish with about 71 wins, 4 fewer than last year.

I'm looking for silver linings...............

Demonpenz
06-20-2009, 07:52 AM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pt2djS57K94&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pt2djS57K94&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

DeezNutz
06-20-2009, 07:55 AM
If anyone has one, I'd like an objective opinion relative to this team's progress from last year. We are on pace to finish with about 71 wins, 4 fewer than last year.

I'm looking for silver linings...............

Baseball References' stats for '09 are through 66 games. Approximately 40% of the season is complete, so here's a look at our "progress."

2008 Hitting: .269/.320/.397 and 691 runs scored
2009 Hitting: .254/.318/.405 and 276 runs scored (on pace for about 23 less runs)

2008 Pitching: ERA 4.50 and WHIP 1.375
2009 Pitching: ERA 4.30 and WHIP 1.393

2008 Fielding: .984 fielding percentage and 96 errors
2009 Fielding: .980 fielding percentage and 50 errors (on pace for about 120)

Oh, sorry, you were looking for silver linings...hmm...the new K is pretty cool?

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 11:52 AM
Royals send Davies to AAA Omaha and call up Robinson Tejeda

per 610

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 11:56 AM
It wouldnt suprise me if another move is made. Bruce Chen has been pitching pretty well after TJ surgery this year with a 3.38 era and 3 shutouts in omaha, and he is a lefty with a 4-2 record

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 12:14 PM
Trey didn't seem like Chen would come up, but they dont need a start till the 27th...so maybe ponson gets the spot back (blah)....

Gordon is progressing, and Buck is going to block balls today, according to trey

BigRock
06-20-2009, 12:31 PM
btw this picture accompanied this article...

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/06/19/18/542-RoyalsCardinals_525p.standalone.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Apparently trey snuck up behind tony at the cards dugout before the game and had a nice 20 minute chat with him while treys team was in the clubhouse. Anyone find this very odd? Hugging the opposing manager in his dugout and being buddy buddy, isn't that off limits? It's not like they said hi real quick on the field. Why the hell would he go to their dugout, really...it's the ****ing opponents area...

btw-this has ps butchering written all over it. i have a feeling people will be talking about this picture, trey just seems very lost with everything.

Trey was actually going for the Tazmission. But when LaRussa wiggled out, Trey had to play it off like it was a hug.

petegz28
06-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Trey didn't seem like Chen would come up, but they dont need a start till the 27th...so maybe ponson gets the spot back (blah)....

Gordon is progressing, and Buck is going to block balls today, according to trey

Don't give a fuck if he likes Chen or not. If the fucker can pitch then that is that. I know..the Royals have a rule about no LHP starting but too fucking bad.

DeezNutz
06-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Don't give a **** if he likes Chen or not. If the ****er can pitch then that is that. I know..the Royals have a rule about no LHP starting but too ****ing bad.

?

The team force fed us HoRam. I'm sure they want a LHSP. Must be something we're not aware of with Chin Nuts.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 02:03 PM
Chen is coming off surgery, so who knows....

he's had 3 out of 4 starts with runs allowed.

apparently ponson isnt close to starting cause he has a pitch count in the mid 40's right now

MIAdragon
06-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Royals Still Scouting Jeff Francoeur
By Eddie Schmid [June 20 at 7:14pm CST]
According to Mark Bowman at MLBlogs, the Royals retain interest in Braves OF Jeff Francoeur and are keeping an eye on him this weekend. However, Bowman notes that if a deal were to happen, the Braves might have to be willing to assume the $12MM owed to Jose Guillen.

Guillen is owed another $12MM in 2010 before his contract expires. The Royals' interest in Francoeur is well known, though supposedly not everyone in the KC front office is keen on him. It isn't clear if the Braves would be willing to add any payroll, let alone any payroll that would involve a potential headcase like Guillen.

Reaper16
06-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Jeff Francoeur is not an upgrade in any fashion.

DeezNutz
06-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Jeff Francoeur is not an upgrade in any fashion.

Yes he is because he has upside.

Plus, it would be nothing short of a coup to shed Guillen's contract.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 06:33 PM
I would def. want Francoeur just to get rid of guillen. His value is dogshit too, and he is young still. Maybe a change of scenario will help, and if not hell we have a younger version of guillen minus the bitching

DeezNutz
06-20-2009, 06:34 PM
I would def. want Francoeur just to get rid of guillen. His value is dogshit too, and he is young still. Maybe a change of scenario will help, and if not hell we have a younger version of guillen minus the bitching

Exactly. And at a fraction of the monetary cost.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Exactly. And at a fraction of the monetary cost.

I hope we can get him honestly...he plays pretty good defense and has an arm if i recall as well.

cootrade
06-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Dear spam lovers,

I'm so pleased to share my goods with friends all over the world.

We wholesale coons Rocky Mountain, North Pacific and Common Garbage Coons etc.
See more detail, pls visit our website: coontrade.com

We are honest and serious supplier and as request our reply as follow:

1.All our coons are good quality with original box, with the tags and style code number.

2,We have a safety express to worldwide, so pls have a reassurance.

3.You can place bulk order, we also accept small order and drop shipping

4.Delivery time: After receive the payment delivery within 24 hours, 4-7days you can receive.

We are looking forward to do business with you. Do not hesitate and contact with us!

Best regards,
Vivian

doomy3
06-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I like to quote spammers 'cause I want the admins to hate me too

Die.

Reaper16
06-20-2009, 08:15 PM
DON"T QUOTE ARRRGGHHHHH!!!!
Its obvious that you're a bot troll, but I checked your site anyway. Me being a sneakerhead, its obvious in about six different ways that all your shoes are fakes.

teedubya
06-20-2009, 08:25 PM
I like Billy Butler and Zack Greinke on this team... Meche sometimes. That is about it.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 08:34 PM
I like Billy Butler and Zack Greinke on this team... Meche sometimes. That is about it.

Soria too, but we never see him

sedated
06-20-2009, 08:36 PM
Die.

It will get deleted here soon. But good thing you quoted to preserve it.

teedubya
06-20-2009, 08:37 PM
Soria too, but we never see him

DUDE! You're right... I fucking LOVE Soria... it's been so long since I've seen him though, I forgot about him. LMAO. True story!

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 08:39 PM
http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?n=Dan%20Cortes&pos=P&sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=451135

Dan Cortes, wtf has happen to him this year? Last years #'s were pretty decent, horrible this year.

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 09:02 PM
DUDE! You're right... I ****ing LOVE Soria... it's been so long since I've seen him though, I forgot about him. LMAO. True story!

ROFL

petegz28
06-20-2009, 09:25 PM
We have minimal building blocks but the ones we have are good...

Meche
Greinke
Soria
Bannister (?)
Butler
DeJesus
Crisp (if he didn't injur himself out of a career)

You can build a solid team with those guys but you have to get some power and some defense to go along with it. I have no problems with Butler in the #3 spot if he continues to develop. Otherwise he is a #5. DeJesus and Crisp can be a good 1-2, I have no problems with that.

Bring someone like Scutaro to play SS, get yourself a smasher for DH and RF, get a decent fucking catcher and we are onto something.

DeezNutz
06-20-2009, 09:27 PM

Meche
Greinke
Soria
Bannister (?)
Butler
DeJesus

You can build a solid team with those guys but you have to get some power and some defense to go along with it. I have no problems with Butler in the #3 spot if he continues to develop. Otherwise he is a #5. DeJesus and Crisp can be a good 1-2, I have no problems with that.

Bring someone like Scutaro to play SS, get yourself a smasher for DH and RF, get a decent ****ing catcher and we are onto something.

With his injury history and 8 mil coming due next season, you can cross Crisp off the list. Dude won't play another game for KC. Sucks. He's kind of like the B. Croyle of MLB.

petegz28
06-20-2009, 09:34 PM
With his injury history and 8 mil coming due next season, you can cross Crisp off the list. Dude won't play another game for KC. Sucks. He's kind of like the B. Croyle of MLB.

all the more reason to sign a Scutaro

Sure-Oz
06-20-2009, 11:33 PM

Agreed...and Crisp will def. try to avoid surgery cause he wants to get paid but he likely has no choice. He'll get his 500k buyout and not be a Royal unless he wants a HUGE discount. It's too bad, i was hoping he'd be pretty solid for us.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 08:49 AM
Doing some browsing on Royals Corner, and there was some discussion about possibly trade Meche. With the injuries around the league, he would likely be the best available pitcher at the deadline. Plus he's under contract, at a reasonable rate, for the next 2 1/2 years. Thus, trading him should net a lot in return.

Meche has been great and is one of my favorite Royals, but I'm afraid that we have so many holes that he'll be gone before we're actually ready to contend.

I'd seriously listen to offers. But will the man dumb enough to throw big money at the likes of Farnsworth and Guillen have the savvy to pull off a productive trade?

Al Bundy
06-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Doing some browsing on Royals Corner, and there was some discussion about possibly trade Meche. With the injuries around the league, he would likely be the best available pitcher at the deadline. Plus he's under contract, at a reasonable rate, for the next 2 1/2 years. Thus, trading him should net a lot in return.

Meche has been great and is one of my favorite Royals, but I'm afraid that we have so many holes that he'll be gone before we're actually ready to contend.

I'd seriously listen to offers. But will the man dumb enough to throw big money at the likes of Farnsworth and Guillen have the savvy to pull off a productive trade?

If you are going to trade Meche they need to take Guillen in the trade as well.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 08:59 AM
If you are going to trade Meche they need to take Guillen in the trade as well.

That would be icing.

If you could get back 3-4 legit prospect, I'm talking some of the best young talent in a team's farm system, that's a deal that stands on its own.

Oh, as an aside, Moosetacos is hitting around .260 in A ball.

Al Bundy
06-21-2009, 09:02 AM
That would be icing.

If you could get back 3-4 legit prospect, I'm talking some of the best young talent in a team's farm system, that's a deal that stands on its own.

That isn't good at all.

MIAdragon
06-21-2009, 10:14 AM
That would be icing.

You really think he would bring anywhere near that?

Sure-Oz
06-21-2009, 10:28 AM
I think we should be a bit patient on moose and hope he breaks out a bit. isn't he playing 3b or of now?

I would def. listen for offers for meche as well, he has a great contract and his a high game pitcher, probably a #2 on a good team and would bring in alot.

petegz28
06-21-2009, 10:30 AM
I think we should be a bit patient on moose and hope he breaks out a bit. isn't he playing 3b or of now?

I would def. listen for offers for meche as well, he has a great contract and his a high game pitcher, probably a #2 on a good team and would bring in alot.

Once again though we are back to having to trade our players we would otherwise keep ....we trade Meche..then we have a hole in our rotation...it just seems like we are always robbing Peter to pay Paul

Sure-Oz
06-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Once again though we are back to having to trade our players we would otherwise keep ....we trade Meche..then we have a hole in our rotation...it just seems like we are always robbing Peter to pay Paul

That said, i bet they don't trade him unless they are blown away by an offer. I think meche will be here the remainder of his contract unless that happens. We really need our minor leaguers to get ready and just deal with what we have right now unfortunately.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 10:55 AM

I think it would compare to the Bedard deal. For a team trying to make a push, Meche would be a heck of a get.

WilliamTheIrish
06-21-2009, 10:56 AM

Meche
Greinke
Soria
Bannister (?)
Butler
DeJesus

Bring someone like Scutaro to play SS, get yourself a smasher for DH and RF, get a decent ****ing catcher and we are onto something.

Expectations were raised (and there's really nothing wrong with that), when we went out 18-11. But most of us saw the warts the team has. I know you saw them too, Pete. IMO, the complete destruction of Aviles' and DDJ's bats are the crown jewels to what has ailed us. Losing that production has killed us, in combination with the below average D from each.

I agree that Butler may have a place in the 5 hole. I think Jake is serviceable as LH DH and after that it's 52 card pick up. I think we have to hope that our draft picks pan out as MLB players.
I didn't think that DM had bungled the money aspect too badly until we spun into June like Henry Blake's helicopter into the Sea Of Japan.
In the end this is just a long winded way of saying "This f'ing team kills me".

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 10:58 AM

That's the price we pay, unfortunately, for Glass not caring about winning for years. As we continue to stock our farm system, this will be less the case.

Yeah, but just as a "for instance": I would be tempted to trade Moosetacos and another lower-level prospect for a Matt Holliday, assuming he could be locked up long term. A proven impact bat that could be with the organization for 5 years or so would be hard to pass on.

The proverbial bird in the hand being worth more than 2 in the bush...

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Will, what are your thoughts on the possibility of moving Meche?

WilliamTheIrish
06-21-2009, 11:00 AM

I don't know if he would, but teams looking to make the run will often give up more at the deadline for solid arms in an attempt to make a great October/November run.

And if Guillen is part of the deal it's addition by subtraction.

petegz28
06-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Expectations were raised (and there's really nothing wrong with that), when we went out 18-11. But most of us saw the warts the team has. I know you saw them too, Pete. IMO, the complete destruction of Aviles' and DDJ's bats are the crown jewels to what has ailed us. Losing that production has killed us, in combination with the below average D from each.

I agree that Butler may have a place in the 5 hole. I think Jake is serviceable as LH DH and after that it's 52 card pick up. I think we have to hope that our draft picks pan out as MLB players.
I didn't think that DM had bungled the money aspect too badly until we spun into June like Henry Blake's helicopter into the Sea Of Japan.
In the end this is just a long winded way of saying "This f'ing team kills me".

DDJ is starting to come back around. Does it have anything to do with him being back in the leadoff spot? Maybe. Avilles well....we probably should ahve seen that coming to be honest. Fuck Jacobs.....I'd rather keep Guillen than Jacobs

WilliamTheIrish
06-21-2009, 11:04 AM
Will, what are your thoughts on the possibility of moving Meche?

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. The franchise is so threadbare of MinLB talent it would have to include a high level arm prospect and something for the middle infield.

I would rather throw FA money at power corners than toss it at a guy like Scutaro. As you have mentioned time and again, the team has a plethora of middling big league talent. If we had a real superstar (home grown or FA) it's a different season. Maybe.

WilliamTheIrish
06-21-2009, 11:11 AM
DDJ is starting to come back around. Does it have anything to do with him being back in the leadoff spot? Maybe. Avilles well....we probably should ahve seen that coming to be honest. **** Jacobs.....I'd rather keep Guillen than Jacobs

Yes, we took a real gamble on Aviles. I wanted him to be successful. As for the Jacobs/Guillen debate: They are both pretty empty players.

Personally, I think Guillen is more cancerous as he pulls shit in the field thathas led to runners moving into scoring position when he should have kept them at first.

*The throw home that bounced around the backstop like a pinball machine in Zack's last start is his latest sin.

The guy needs to go. ANd Moore needs to admit it by giving him away for nothing if need be.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 11:17 AM
I don't think it's a bad idea at all. The franchise is so threadbare of MinLB talent it would have to include a high level arm prospect and something for the middle infield.

I would rather throw FA money at power corners than toss it at a guy like Scutaro. As you have mentioned time and again, the team has a plethora of middling big league talent. If we had a real superstar (home grown or FA) it's a different season. Maybe.

Yep. This is the year to get optimum value for Meche, especially considering that there won't be many other high-quality arms available at the deadline. Next year would still be ok for return value, but it would be noticeably less.

At this point, my outlook for this franchise, with Moosetacos and Hosmer not exactly lighting up lower-level minors, is so bleak that I don't care where the money is spent, so long as it brings a high-quality position player.

I think it would be foolish of us to place all of our eggs in the Hosmer/Moosetacos basket, so I would be actively listening to any inquiries into their availability. With Andrew Miller, Detroit schooled us on the art of flipping a top prospect into top ML production.

Sure-Oz
06-21-2009, 11:17 AM
That's the price we pay, unfortunately, for Glass not caring about winning for years. As we continue to stock our farm system, this will be less the case.

Yeah, but just as a "for instance": I would be tempted to trade Moosetacos and another lower-level prospect for a Matt Holliday, assuming he could be locked up long term. A proven impact bat that could be with the organization for 5 years or so would be hard to pass on.

The proverbial bird in the hand being worth more than 2 in the bush...

I would def. do that trade as well if we could get holliday for the next 5 years or so...i dont think anyone except soria and greinke are off limits.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 11:19 AM
The guy needs to go. ANd Moore needs to admit it by giving him away for nothing if need be.

It would be theft if Moore could turn Guillen, -1 year of his salary, into Jeff Francoeur.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 11:20 AM
I would def. do that trade as well if we could get holliday for the next 5 years or so...i dont think anyone except soria and greinke are off limits.

The only minor quibble I have, and I know this won't be popular, but I'd even consider trading Soria. Don't want to, necessarily, but the only player on this roster whom I wouldn't touch would be Greinke.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 03:48 PM
We just need to be patient, Royals fans.

2012 will be here before we know it.

KChiefs1
06-21-2009, 04:02 PM
They are unbearable to watch right now.

BWillie
06-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Defend your midget GM now Royal Fans

Reaper16
06-21-2009, 04:24 PM
Allow me to offer my thoughts on the matter: "Uuuuuuugggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh."

Bowser
06-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Defend your midget GM now Royal Fans

He's doing a hell of a good job with the draft and in Latin America, but he's sucking hind tit when it comes to the major league roster so far.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 04:30 PM
He's doing a hell of a good job with the draft and in Latin America, but he's sucking hind tit when it comes to the major league roster so far.

We have no idea if he's doing a good job in the draft or LA. We're hopeful, and that's all.

Ok, KC fans, whom do you want?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/09/2010-mlb-free-a.html

MIAdragon
06-21-2009, 04:32 PM

Holliday will be playing left field for the Yankees next year bank on it.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Holliday will be playing left field for the Yankees next year bank on it.

I wonder what kind of contract he'll be looking at? 15 per?

It's time for the Royals to go balls deep. Identify two targets, find out what the top offer is, and blow it the fuck away. Must. Get. Talent.

Bowser
06-21-2009, 04:35 PM
We have no idea if he's doing a good job in the draft or LA. We're hopeful, and that's all.

Ok, KC fans, whom do you want?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2008/09/2010-mlb-free-a.html

OK, so far he's making the right moves on paper with the draft.

And for next year, I'll take a Brian Roberts, Miguel Tejada, Cliff Lee, and Brandon Webb. :D

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 04:40 PM

And for next year, I'll take a Brian Roberts, Miguel Tejada, Cliff Lee, and Brandon Webb. :D

I'm going to be the pessimist here, but I think he's been doing an ok job. Nothing more. The Hochevar selection was a joke. Moosetacos was a surprise, since Porcello was the hands down 2nd best player in the draft, with Wieters also a very, very high prospect. Love the Hosmer draft. Don't like the Crow selection.

MIAdragon
06-21-2009, 04:42 PM

Roberts is not a FA, Tejada is 56 years old and with Webb it really depends on what his injury actually is.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I'll take Jason Bay and/or Matt Holliday. We have to get a front-line bat. Balls deep time, Dayton. Time to go all in.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 04:44 PM
For pitchers: Lee or Bedard.

MIAdragon
06-21-2009, 05:03 PM
I'll take Jason Bay and/or Matt Holliday. We have to get a front-line bat. Balls deep time, Dayton. Time to go all in.

Hehehe Bay will re-sign with the Sox.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 05:04 PM
Hehehe Bay will re-sign with the Sox.

I'm sure he will. But it's not done, yet, so we can remain in dreamland for a little while longer.

Honestly, the FA list is pretty paltry.

Holliday might well be the top prize. Nady would draw some interest from me, too.

MIAdragon
06-21-2009, 05:09 PM
For pitchers: Lee or Bedard.

Bedard scares me, will he be healthy? Lee on the other hand IMO wont be worth the contract he's going to get.

Bowser
Who are we kidding here? I'd take anyone off that list.

MIAdragon
I'm sure he will. But it's not done, yet, so we can remain in dreamland for a little while longer.

Honestly, the FA list is pretty paltry.

Holliday might well be the top prize. Nady would draw some interest from me, too.

Nady would be a decent pick up Dye might not be a bad *cheap* option either.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Bedard scares me, will he be healthy? Lee on the other hand IMO wont be worth the contract he's going to get.

Understandable. With either of these guys we'd be hoping for Meche II, Return of the Southpaw.

MIAdragon
06-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Understandable. With either of these guys we'd be hoping for Meche II, Return of the Southpaw.

Duchscherer IMO is the best FA starter next year.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Duchscherer IMO is the best FA starter next year.

He'll be 32 and coming off elbow surgery and back problems. He'd have to be on the cheap and an ancillary addition, not someone whom the organization would be counting on.

MIAdragon
06-21-2009, 05:22 PM
He'll be 32 and coming off elbow surgery and back problems. He'd have to be on the cheap and an ancillary addition, not someone whom the organization would be counting on.

He should be cheep, it seems most of the SP in this FA class are all injury risks.

Brad Penny may be someone that you guys should look at.

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 08:18 PM
Chen likely to start this Saturday in place of Davies. Per The Star (end of article: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/1265025.html)

Sure-Oz
06-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Chen likely to start this Saturday in place of Davies. Per The Star (end of article: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/royals/story/1265025.html)

Probably be his one and only start and then the AS break...the royals believe that he has no real future with team i heard somewhere. I hope he does well but apparently throws in the upper 80's

DeezNutz
06-21-2009, 08:28 PM
Probably be his one and only start and then the AS break...the royals believe that he has no real future with team i heard somewhere. I hope he does well but apparently throws in the upper 80's

He better have pinpoint control or we're going to have dead fielders all over the place. Teahen better up his life insurance policy.

petegz28
06-21-2009, 09:09 PM
caught Trey after the game. You would surprised to know he took 0 responsibility for our loss

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 06:01 AM
Rany with the historical perspective (www.ranyontheroyals.com):

Worst. Five Game Stretch. Ever.

It just keeps getting darker.

Maybe Disgruntled Reds Fan Caller was right. After bashing Cincinnati in three straight, and after Gil Meche threw a brilliant shutout (along with 132 pitches in sultry conditions) against Arizona on Tuesday night, the Royals looked like they were once again using NL competition as a springboard that would rebound their record towards .500.

Then they lost, 12-5, on Wednesday. Then again, 12-5, on Thursday. Then 10-5 on Friday; 7-1 on Saturday; and 12-5 yet again today.

The standard nomenclature in baseball deems a “blowout” to be a game decided by five runs or more. By that standard, the Royals have been blown out in five consecutive games.

These being the Royals, of course, you’d expect that this has happened to them before in the recent past. You would be wrong. The Royals had never lost five consecutive games by five or more runs. Hell, the Kansas City Athletics never did so.

The Royals are just the ninth team in the Retrosheet era – since 1954 – to lose five consecutive blowouts. With many thanks, as always, to the great Bil Burke at Baseball Prospectus, here’s the Hall of Shame:

Year Tm Dates Scores

1956 WAS 6/12-17 3-9, 4-13, 2-7, 0-7, 2-20

1957 WAS 5/02-06 1-6, 6-11, 2-8, 2-7, 2-8

1981 CHN 5/13-19* 3-8, 1-6, 0-5, 1-6, 1-6, 0-5

1983 STL 6/24-28 2-8, 3-10, 0-5, 1-6, 1-10

1994 FLA 6/18-24 3-11, 1-6, 2-7, 3-9, 0-9

1996 DET 5/16-21 3-8, 6-11, 4-16, 3-14, 1-7

2000 DET 4/18-24* 0-7, 0-10, 2-7, 6-14, 4-9, 4-10

2002 FLA 7/13–17 2-9, 3-10, 3-8, 5-10, 0-10

2009 KC 6/17–21 5-12, 5-12, 5-10, 1-7, 5-12

*: 6-game streak

Amazingly, three of these teams – the 1983 Cardinals, the 2000 Tigers, and 2002 Marlins – all finished the year a respectable 79-83. Then again, the 1996 Tigers lost 109 games, and the 1981 Cubs went 38-65 in the strike-shortened year (they started the year 5-27.) The Senators were 59-95 and 55-99 in 1956-57. I think it’s a nice touch that two teams on this list (the 1956 Senators and 1996 Tigers) played an extra-inning game during their streak. Think about it.

And just one other team – the 1983 Cardinals – managed to lose five consecutive blowouts while playing all five games at home. The Royals won’t get the chance to make it six straight at home, but they do have a chance to tie the overall record with six straight blowout losses on Tuesday in Houston.

Way to go, boys. In six weeks, you’ve gone from leading the division by three games to plumbing depths of incompetence that none of your famous forebears ever managed to reach. If this is progress, I’m the King of England.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 07:22 AM
Amazing isn't it? in other news my fantasy team went 14-0-0 this past week, wow, i've never dominated any team that bad before! with 4 major players injured :) sorry that just felt good!

sportsman1
06-22-2009, 08:10 AM
I have defended Hillman.. b.c of the shit offensive talent that was assembled. At this point though you starting blaming management, because losing in this fashion is just pathetic.

Deberg_1990
06-22-2009, 11:11 AM
I have defended Hillman.. b.c of the shit offensive talent that was assembled. At this point though you starting blaming management, because losing in this fashion is just pathetic.

Its a combination of both.

Mostly i blame Dayton though.

The fans of KC and media should be outraged. The problem is, the fans have been conditioned to just accept things as "same old Royals". "Its never gonna change" etc...

Unacceptable!

The team assembled this year is garbage.

petegz28
06-22-2009, 11:18 AM

The fans of KC and media should be outraged. The problem is, the fans have been conditioned to just accept things as "same old Royals". "Its never gonna change" etc...

Unacceptable!

Hillman has a lot of this on his shoulders. He has no idea what he is doing. His lineups and decisions of every game show that. Pulling Bannister after 86 pitches and only giving up 2 earned runs? Consistently running Jacobs out there in the #4 spot? These are things that lose the clubhouse for a Manager.

gblowfish
06-22-2009, 11:22 AM

Unacceptable!

I agree with this completely. Fans should be outraged. Getting swept at home by the Cards is just flat out unacceptable. It's like the Chiefs going zero-for-AFC West at home. Can't have it, heads must roll.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 11:53 AM
26 years since a team has been blown out in five consecutive games at home, and only one other time since 19fucking54?

Fuck you, Royals. But no major changes are needed!

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Tomorrow, Guillen better be batting cleanup with jacobs at #5-8 honestly...

No reason to keep a cleanup hitter that isn't hitting or getting on base. Guillen has 33 rbis in 54 games i believe, not bad considering...

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
Tomorrow, Guillen better be batting cleanup with jacobs at #5-8 honestly...

No reason to keep a cleanup hitter that isn't hitting or getting on base. Guillen has 33 rbis in 54 games i believe, not bad considering...

Exactly.

He's so bad right now that it's imperative to limit his ABs as much as possible. #8 or out of the lineup.

Deberg_1990
06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
I agree with this completely. Fans should be outraged. Getting swept at home by the Cards is just flat out unacceptable. It's like the Chiefs going zero-for-AFC West at home. Can't have it, heads must roll.

Not sure what the attendence has been like these past 6 weeks or so at the "K" ??

Regime changes usually happen when $attendence$ drops right??

Agree 100% though. Heads need to roll.

petegz28
06-22-2009, 12:07 PM
26 years since a team has been blown out in five consecutive games at home, and only one other time since 19****ing54?

**** you, Royals. But no major changes are needed!

If Hillman had not already lost the clubhouse, he did after this weekend. Personally I think he did Saturday but let's look at the Hillman highlights of the weekend.....

Friday Night....intentionally walk the bases loaded with 0 outs
Saturday...pulls a hot pitcher after only 86 pitches
Sunday...arguably reaps what he sowed last Tuesday from Meche's performance

I could add a few more that lie directly on him, like not calling for a bunt when the Cards entire infield was crashing the plate with a runner at 3rd 1 out and a less than stellar batter in Maier at the plate. I know is sounds funky but you put a bunt down either line, preferrably 3rd and the run scores easy and the "crashing" backfires cause people have to cover a base...instead we hit right into it.

I just think no matter what sport it is, the team reflects the attitude of the head coach.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Exactly.

He's so bad right now that it's imperative to limit his ABs as much as possible. #8 or out of the lineup.

I'd honestly bat him 8th or 9th at this point....

He is totally lost at the plate and is killing this team in key situations

petegz28
06-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Not sure what the attendence has been like these past 6 weeks or so at the "K" ??

Regime changes usually happen when $attendence$ drops right??

Agree 100% though. Heads need to roll.

The attendance is not going to drop too much cause of the whole "new K" deal.

But, Glass cannot say they aren't making enough money now to sport a $100mil payroll. The town has shown they will pack the stadium if the team is doing good. They will not however continue after this season to do it just because they want to go see the new ballpark.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 12:14 PM
If Hillman had not already lost the clubhouse, he did after this weekend. Personally I think he did Saturday but let's look at the Hillman highlights of the weekend.....

Friday Night....intentionally walk the bases loaded with 0 outs
Saturday...pulls a hot pitcher after only 86 pitches
Sunday...arguably reaps what he sowed last Tuesday from Meche's performance

I could add a few more that lie directly on him, like not calling for a bunt when the Cards entire infield was crashing the plate with a runner at 3rd 1 out and a less than stellar batter in Maier at the plate. I know is sounds funky but you put a bunt down either line, preferrably 3rd and the run scores easy and the "crashing" backfires cause people have to cover a base...instead we hit right into it.

I just think no matter what sport it is, the team reflects the attitude of the head coach.

I don't think he'll finish the year. This fucking wagon is on fire and going out of control. Can't wait for Mt. Guillen to sound the final horn.

I'd honestly bat him 8th or 9th at this point....

He is totally lost at the plate and is killing this team in key situations

Absolutely. Probably not 9th, though, simply because it's kinda like a 2nd leadoff hitter (or at least it should be).

gblowfish
06-22-2009, 12:14 PM
I disagree on attendence. The new "K" will be a ghost town after the All Star Break. The team will be 15 games under .500, 10 games plus out of first, Chiefs camp will be starting up, it'll be hot as Hell....

People will show up for promotions like free stuff or fireworks or Buck Night, but lots of games will have 12,000 or less after July 15th.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 12:15 PM
The attendance is not going to drop too much cause of the whole "new K" deal.

But, Glass cannot say they aren't making enough money now to sport a $100mil payroll. The town has shown they will pack the stadium if the team is doing good. They will not however continue after this season to do it just because they want to go see the new ballpark.

Time to open the books.

Until he proves otherwise, there's no justification for our payroll NOT to be 90-100 mil. Preferably much closer to the latter.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 12:17 PM
Petro blistering Hillman. Comparing his use of SP to Buddy Bell.

Bell, the same person whom many in this town label a complete idiot, did a much better job of protecting the arms of his SP.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 12:20 PM
I'm glad Petro is ripping him, wish i could listen....

I wonder if KK is still on Trey bandwagon?! He has been a super mess lately, esp with that dugout bs...

petegz28
06-22-2009, 12:21 PM
Just turned on 810 and the first thing I hear is Petro "Trey Hillman's instincts suck"......

and now he is going on about how Hillman has no approach and he is inconsistent.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 12:25 PM
Just turned on 810 and the first thing I hear is Petro "Trey Hillman's instincts suck"......

and now he is going on about how Hillman has no approach and he is inconsistent.

Good, about damn time we're hearing this crap.....drama baby drama!

Deberg_1990
06-22-2009, 12:26 PM
I disagree on attendence. The new "K" will be a ghost town after the All Star Break. The team will be 15 games under .500, 10 games plus out of first, Chiefs camp will be starting up, it'll be hot as Hell....

People will show up for promotions like free stuff or fireworks or Buck Night, but lots of games will have 12,000 or less after July 15th.

Agree. If this team is still bad (most likely) once the Chiefs camp starts, attendence will be toast. That "New K" smell only lasts so long.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Beautiful stadium and it deserves a winning team or atleast a team that can stay within .500. Our division isn't even that tough, this is the best time for the Royals to be getting better and improving the franchise.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 12:29 PM
People will keep going to the K because of blowjob Wednesdays.

Of course, you're pitching to Glass, but it's still a hummer. Wait...

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Petro: "Get Gil Meche on the trade block as quick as possible."

Apparently Soren might read Royals Corner and/or ChiefsPlanet.

petegz28
06-22-2009, 12:42 PM

I really don't want to trade Meche. I don't. I think it is stupid. We need him to be build a winning team. That being said whoever we get better be in the lineup from day 1 and it better not be a Buck\Teahen situation.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 12:52 PM

Probably...i love RC, i check that alot but hardly post there.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 12:53 PM
I really don't want to trade Meche. I don't. I think it is stupid. We need him to be build a winning team. That being said whoever we get better be in the lineup from day 1 and it better not be a Buck\Teahen situation.

When we're good, he won't be.

I'll take 3-4 high-level prospects with high upside.

Saying you want someone in the lineup on day 1 is how you get Perez for Dye.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 12:56 PM
When we're good. He won't be.

Agreed...i think he could def. bring us a haul. I just think we won't be good or atleast a .500 or barely above ballclub for another 2 years minimum. His value is really high right now, and he is def. 'cheap' when it comes to price tag for other clubs.

petegz28
06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
When we're good. He won't be.

See, I think we have been down the whole "prospect" path way too much. It is time to bring in a player who can start today, not 3 years from today. Otherwise Moore and his whole "we are playing for this year" statement just gave way to the perenial "we aren't playing for this year" statement we got when Baird was here.

If that means you take Meche, Teahen and Guillen and trade them all for 1 guy who can hit a solid .290 and play good defense then the deal is done.

petegz28
06-22-2009, 12:59 PM
In fact right now the only peeps off-limits are Greinke and Soria. Everyone else including Moosetacos and Hosmer are on the block as far as I am concerned.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM
I think they have to get atleast AA to AAA guys that are ready to be called up honestly. I hope we entertain offers on almost everyone.

petegz28
06-22-2009, 01:04 PM
I think they have to get atleast AA to AAA guys that are ready to be called up honestly. I hope we entertain offers on almost everyone.

That just amounts to adding more Bucks and Teahens if you ask me.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 01:05 PM

I say wait and see...hopefully we can get Frenchy for Guillen but i bet that doesn't happen. No way the Braves trade for a guy that is a DH. I bet they'd love to have DDJ instead but hell no for Francouer. Frenchy probably can be had for next to nothing, but we really need to get Guillen off our books fast. Hopefully Mahay, Guillen and Jacobs are dealt.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
See, I think we have been down the whole "prospect" path way too much. It is time to bring in a player who can start today, not 3 years from today. Otherwise Moore and his whole "we are playing for this year" statement just gave way to the perenial "we aren't playing for this year" statement we got when Baird was here.

If that means you take Meche, Teahen and Guillen and trade them all for 1 guy who can hit a solid .290 and play good defense then the deal is done.

I edited my last post:

That's not how things work. You don't trade one legit guy and two middling talents and get something big in return.

Demanding day 1 starters is asking for Perez II.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 01:07 PM

We didn't get much value b/c of when we traded Beltran; it was a year too late. As Sure-Oz has said, we'd have been better off to take the draft picks.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Jacobs has zero value, IMO. Guillen is a replacement-level RF with a big contract, so he's essentially worth a bag of small dicks. Not even just dicks, but embarrassing ones.

Arsonist
The problem is that we can't trade for good players cause none want to be here so we have to take minor league peeps. Sucks but thats life as a royals fan

Arsonist
Jacobs has zero value, IMO. Guillen is a replacement-level RF with a big contract, so he's essentially worth a bag of small dicks. Not even just dicks, but embarrassing ones.

like small china man dick?

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 01:10 PM

Yeah, it will be very hard to part with those guys honestly...

I wish Jacobs would start hitting HR's too....do something. It wouldn't suprise me if the guy continues this way if he's out of the league in the next year or two. Plays horrid 1b, and is a DH basically.

DeezNutz
06-22-2009, 01:11 PM
The problem is that we can't trade for good players cause none want to be here so we have to take minor league peeps. Sucks but thats life as a royals fan

"Want" doesn't play a role in trades unless you're worried about inking the guy to a long-term deal, which definitely needs to be a concern.

Sure-Oz
06-22-2009, 01:14 PM
Doesn't gil have a no-trade clause? or am i wrong? I really hope they listen, i wonder if they Angels would part with any of their guys that they'd rather block, like brandon wood etc...

Dartgod
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
Hillman has a lot of this on his shoulders. He has no idea what he is doing. His lineups and decisions of every game show that. Pulling Bannister after 86 pitches and only giving up 2 earned runs? Consistently running Jacobs out there in the #4 spot? These are things that lose the clubhouse for a Manager.
Don't forget putting a .218 hitter in the #2 hole (Hernandez on Saturday).