PDA

View Full Version : Video Games Elder Scrolls V

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10

allen_kcCard
11-22-2011, 08:38 AM
As an example, I just went in to a kill X bandit leader quest, and was doing fine taking on two bandits per room going in. Then I get to the last one and there are 5 people. I blast the hell out of the first couple and hurt the third, and am OOM. Lydia traps me from going back out of the room, so I have to run on in and run up and kill the one I hurt with my axe and there are two left. Lydia goes down in a heap while I use a the last of my mana to heal since I was pretty hurt from another caster that was hitting me and I try to use some potions to get mana back up and get my power to regen magic going as well. I zap once, and then one of the melee against me comes up and nails me with a hit that ends it....now doing the whole thing over again since I didn't save before the last room.

I drank about 10 minor healing potions, 4-5 to get magic back up, and still died. Bah.

Frazod
11-22-2011, 09:12 AM
Finally got my smithing skill up to 100 and constructed myself a set of dragonscale armor. I'll need to kill a couple more dragons to get enough to deck Lydia out in the dragon plate.

Still haven't encountered anything to give me the raw materials to make daedric stuff, though.

Almost to level 37.

drunkie
11-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Actually. I'm trying to build a magic user as well. I really don't want to use archery seeing as how everyone else already has.

Really wondering how i'm going to go about it since i haven't played much elder scrolls in the past.

haha dawg you just want to run around in a dress.

well if i was you an making a mage. first i would make sure i picked the right race. a high elf for the magicka regen. then make sure you use the stone on mage to get that bonus also.

state points i would prolly start of with putting 100% state points into magicka. then as you level i would add life. stam would never be picked. once you reach the point where magicka is not an issue just stock life.

then for my perks i would worry about making 1 form of damage. if you spread your perks around to much you become weak

so pick a tree to focus on. i would prolly roll with destruction. pick a skill bolts,fire, or ice. i doesn't really matter which. don't waste perks into the other 2 skills for now. so if you pick fire for example. leave the ice an bolts alone. max fire perks an the rest of the skills in the destruction tree aside from ice an bolts.

i would also work on enchanting right away get that leveled an perked up as fast as you can. also the alchemy should be leveled up but no perks in it.

also the alteration tree. you will need this tree to protect yourself.
i like the glass cannon builds so i always stock the damage first. but as you play you will notice what route to go next with your perk. if your clowning all the mobs already you can start getting more of the alteration or enchanting perks going

smithing is pretty worthless for you so don't waste states there. sneaking,lockpicking,an pickpocketing also kinda worthless for you to put perks in.

thats how i would do it homie

htismaqe
11-22-2011, 10:14 AM
Damn...I'm still playing Fable 3!!!

:(

Sofa King
11-22-2011, 10:17 AM
haha dawg you just want to run around in a dress.

well if i was you an making a mage. first i would make sure i picked the right race. a high elf for the magicka regen. then make sure you use the stone on mage to get that bonus also.

state points i would prolly start of with putting 100% state points into magicka. then as you level i would add life. stam would never be picked. once you reach the point where magicka is not an issue just stock life.

then for my perks i would worry about making 1 form of damage. if you spread your perks around to much you become weak

so pick a tree to focus on. i would prolly roll with destruction. pick a skill bolts,fire, or ice. i doesn't really matter which. don't waste perks into the other 2 skills for now. so if you pick fire for example. leave the ice an bolts alone. max fire perks an the rest of the skills in the destruction tree aside from ice an bolts.

i would also work on enchanting right away get that leveled an perked up as fast as you can. also the alchemy should be leveled up but no perks in it.

also the alteration tree. you will need this tree to protect yourself.
i like the glass cannon builds so i always stock the damage first. but as you play you will notice what route to go next with your perk. if your clowning all the mobs already you can start getting more of the alteration or enchanting perks going

smithing is pretty worthless for you so don't waste states there. sneaking,lockpicking,an pickpocketing also kinda worthless for you to put perks in.

thats how i would do it homie

Sweet. I didn't pick high elf. But i have been putting everything into Magicka, with 1 into health.

Also been working over the fire group in Destruction. Just started enchanting, and have nothing into alteration.

Still a very low lvl.

drunkie
11-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Finally got my smithing skill up to 100 and constructed myself a set of dragonscale armor. I'll need to kill a couple more dragons to get enough to deck Lydia out in the dragon plate.

Still haven't encountered anything to give me the raw materials to make daedric stuff, though.

Almost to level 37.

Gloombound minehas the ore, the hearts you can buy from a vender in the mage college

Pants
11-22-2011, 10:18 AM
What's the point of alteration? I never even looked into those pussy talent trees.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2011, 10:22 AM
Right now I am really underpowered feeling at just under level 20 or so.

Trying to go full caster and running into some problems with it. I can one shot most lesser things, but harder named things, dragons and giants are a lot harder and I end up with a 2h weapon slashing at the end to kill them, but with no stamina, and half as much hps as mana.

I am using apprentice lightning bolt, and have the adept chain lightning, but it costs too much mana to cast more than once, and I can't get destrction to go up enough still to get the perk to make apprentice spells cost half. I guess I need to use the apprentice trainer more, but that is getting expensive, and it is a pain to go back to them every level to try to max out using that.

Been trying to use archery more, but that just goes against what I intended for the character for the most part.
sounds like we are in the same boat

Mr. Laz
11-22-2011, 10:24 AM
What's the point of alteration? I never even looked into those pussy talent trees.
not worth the points, armor spells are about the only thing worth anything. It would help if the armor spells would last longer.

i haven't tried mass paralysis though.

Rank Spell Name Description

Candelight Creates a hovering light that lasts for 60s.
Equilibrium* Convert 25 points of health into magicka per second. Caster can be killed by this effect.
Oakflesh Improves the caster's armor rating by 40 points for 60s.
Magelight Ball of light that lasts 60s, and sticks where it strikes.
Stoneflesh Improves the caster's armor rating by 60 points for 60s.
Detect Life Nearby living creatures, but not undead, machines, or daedra can be seen through walls.
Ironflesh Improves the caster's armor rating by 80 points for 60s.
Telekinesis Can pull an object to you from distance. Add it to your inventory or throw it.
Waterbreathing Can breathe water for 60s.
Transmute* Transmute one piece of unrefined Iron Ore to Silver, or Silver Ore to Gold
Detect Dead Nearby dead can be seen through walls.
Ebony flesh Improves the caster's armor rating by 100 points for 60s.
Paralyze Targets that fail to resist are paralyzed for 10s.
Dragonhide Caster ignores 80% of all physical damage for 30s.
Mass Paralysis All targets in the area that fail to resist are paralyzed for 15s.

Frazod
11-22-2011, 10:26 AM

Parker! You're alive! Good to see you posting again.

drunkie
11-22-2011, 10:32 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SXF0KScG0Qg/TriS4G_L0iI/AAAAAAAADrw/nudar_5RDSI/s640/skyrim_st_alteration.jpg

it is basically the mages armor tree. warriors have there heavy armor tree. archers have the light armor, this is the mages armor.

here are the spells for it

Candlelight
Detect Dead
Dragonhide
Ebonyflesh
Equilibrium
Ironflesh
Magelight
Mass Paralysis
Oakflesh
Paralyze
Stoneflesh
Telekinesis
Transmute
Waterbreathing

to lazy to post what all of the spells do. but spells like Dragonhide: Caster ignores 80% of all physical damage for 30s. just helps you live a lil better

that spell would help the guy above who is getting nuked fighting 5 guys at once. cast this spell he takes limited damage for 30 seconds so he doesn't have to waste magicka healing himself.

drunkie
11-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Magic Resistance:
Level 1 - Blocks 10% of a spell's effects.
Level 2 - Blocks X% of a spell's effects.
Level 3 - Blocks X% of a spell's effects.
Requirements:

Apprentice Alteration
Alteration Level 30

Mage Armor:
Level 1 - Protection spells like Stoneflesh are twice as strong if not wearing armor.
Level 2 - Protection spells like Stoneflesh are X as strong if not wearing armor.
Level 3 - Protection spells like Stoneflesh are X as strong if not wearing armor.

these are the skills in alteration worth having perks in. mages don't have the armor that other classes do. this keeps the lil squishy mages alive

Pants
11-22-2011, 10:42 AM
Magic Resistance:
Level 1 - Blocks 10% of a spell's effects.
Level 2 - Blocks X% of a spell's effects.
Level 3 - Blocks X% of a spell's effects.
Requirements:

Apprentice Alteration
Alteration Level 30

Mage Armor:
Level 1 - Protection spells like Stoneflesh are twice as strong if not wearing armor.
Level 2 - Protection spells like Stoneflesh are X as strong if not wearing armor.
Level 3 - Protection spells like Stoneflesh are X as strong if not wearing armor.

these are the skills in alteration worth having perks in. mages don't have the armor that other classes do. this keeps the lil squishy mages alive

I got the idea, thanks, drunkie.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2011, 10:44 AM
I got the idea, thanks, drunkie.
bastard

allen_kcCard
11-22-2011, 10:48 AM
[IMG]
that spell would help the guy above who is getting nuked fighting 5 guys at once. cast this spell he takes limited damage for 30 seconds so he doesn't have to waste magicka healing himself.

I am wearing heavy armor, trying to go for armored and blasting spells. Didn't use the spells like those at all so far because I didn't want to have to keep burning magicka to keep the armor spells up, are they really cheap to cast?

Pants
11-22-2011, 10:52 AM
I wish there was a way to make you sprint faster in this game. I want to be able to charge and get in someone's face before they can do too much ranged damage to me.

Sofa King
11-22-2011, 10:55 AM
I wish there was a way to make you spring faster in this game. I want to be able to charge and get in someone's face before they can do too much ranged damage to me.

Hold the alt key.

Pants
11-22-2011, 10:56 AM
Hold the alt key.

Ya, I need to sprint faster.

Fire Me Boy!
11-22-2011, 10:57 AM
I wish there was a way to make you sprint faster in this game. I want to be able to charge and get in someone's face before they can do too much ranged damage to me.

Use your sprint shout?

Pants
11-22-2011, 10:58 AM
Use your sprint shout?

I only have one shout so far. I have one more that I can unlock, but I need dragon souls to unlock it. I've been slaying dragons left and right but I haven't seen the greybeards yet, so I figure the souls I'm sucking in right now don't count?

Good to know there's going to be a sprint shout, though.

Fire Me Boy!
11-22-2011, 11:12 AM
I only have one shout so far. I have one more that I can unlock, but I need dragon souls to unlock it. I've been slaying dragons left and right but I haven't seen the greybeards yet, so I figure the souls I'm sucking in right now don't count?

Good to know there's going to be a sprint shout, though.

Ah, you need to go see the graybeards. They'll show you the sprint shout and show you the rest of your unrelenting force shout. If you're sucking the souls, then you should be collecting them.

Pants
11-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Ah, you need to go see the graybeards. They'll show you the sprint shout and show you the rest of your unrelenting force shout. If you're sucking the souls, then you should be collecting them.

That's weird. I killed a dragon, sucked his soul and immediately went to unlock the fire breath Thu'um and it still said I needed dragon souls to unlock it. We'll see what happens after Greybeards, that's my next step.

drunkie
11-22-2011, 11:18 AM
I am wearing heavy armor, trying to go for armored and blasting spells. Didn't use the spells like those at all so far because I didn't want to have to keep burning magicka to keep the armor spells up, are they really cheap to cast?

haha going with heavy armor? which enchants do you have so far?

i don't know what level you are or anything. but your end goal you want this

-25% Mana cost on Destruction Spells

Enchant:

Headpiece- 25%
Chestpiece - 25%
Amulet - 25%
Ring - 25%

you get free spells that way. you need max enchanting which isn't hard to get

Fire Me Boy!
That's weird. I killed a dragon, sucked his soul and immediately went to unlock the fire breath Thu'um and it still said I needed dragon souls to unlock it. We'll see what happens after Greybeards, that's my next step.

That's happened to me once, too. Except, I don't think I even sucked it's soul. It just died and nothing happened.

drunkie

how many dragons you kill. each shout takes it's own souls

Pants
11-22-2011, 11:21 AM
how many dragons you kill. each shout takes it's own souls

I've killed around 3 random encounters and 2 quest ones so far. Well, I'm not sure whether the 2nd counts as a quest. I was making my way through Whiterun and one of guards said he saw a dragon fly northwest and said "probably going to whatever the name of the place was" and then a dragon skull popped up on my map. I went there and saw a dragon chilling on a rock and killed him.

Fire Me Boy!
11-22-2011, 11:25 AM

Enchant:

Headpiece- 25%
Chestpiece - 25%
Amulet - 25%
Ring - 25%

http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/4865/keyboardr16.jpg

drunkie
11-22-2011, 11:35 AM

this must be typing class. here is a key for you to learn also sir

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp151/justsomedrunk/download.jpg

really the grammar police going nuts in a video game thread. get over yourselves already people

Sofa King
11-22-2011, 11:35 AM

Problems reading?

allen_kcCard
11-22-2011, 01:42 PM

Enchant:

Headpiece- 25%
Chestpiece - 25%
Amulet - 25%
Ring - 25%

I have a lot of enchants, but not that 25% one you mention...mostly crap ones. I am at about 30 enchanting, I must not be doing something right with it...mostly just disenchanting stuff instead of selling it.

allen_kcCard
11-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Looking now, and do you mean the enchantment of fortify destruction?

I can put that on my headpiece, and with my best soul shard can get 8% less mana for casting destruction, but it won't let me do those same things on my head or chest.

I don't have this whole filling soulshards thing figured out either. I have a staff of binding, and some dragon kept resisting me on it, and a random mage I was fighting it told me I didn't have a great enough empty soul shard to store his soul.

Frazod
11-22-2011, 01:57 PM
I have a lot of enchants, but not that 25% one you mention...mostly crap ones. I am at about 30 enchanting, I must not be doing something right with it...mostly just disenchanting stuff instead of selling it.

You need to get your score up, and for stuff you're going to keep yourself, use grand soul gems. For the stuff you're selling, use the lesser ones.

I have a soul-stealing bow that I use with great effect. Mammoths produce grand souls (and the giants too, I think), so if you find the typical giant herding two mammoth things, I find a safe perch and waste the lot of them.

Greasing extinct species FTW! :thumb:

Pants
11-22-2011, 01:59 PM
You need to get your score up, and for stuff you're going to keep yourself, use grand soul gems. For the stuff you're selling, use the lesser ones.

I have a soul-stealing bow that I use with great effect. Mammoths produce grand souls (and the giants too, I think), so if you find the typical giant herding two mammoth things, I find a safe perch and waste the lot of them.

Greasing extinct species FTW! :thumb:

Do they respawn or are they limited?

Frazod
11-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Do they respawn or are they limited?

Not sure.

drunkie
11-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Looking now, and do you mean the enchantment of fortify destruction?

I can put that on my headpiece, and with my best soul shard can get 8% less mana for casting destruction, but it won't let me do those same things on my head or chest.

I don't have this whole filling soulshards thing figured out either. I have a staff of binding, and some dragon kept resisting me on it, and a random mage I was fighting it told me I didn't have a great enough empty soul shard to store his soul.

you must up your skill levels to get the max 25%. like the other guys said use the grand charms. also use

here is a guide for you guys so you know how to get the max gear

1. Once you have 100 in each skill. plus the perks to boost it
2. Enchant fortify alchemy helm, ring, gloves + necklace. The buff should be +25 on each for + 100 total.
3. Put on the gear and make 4 fortify enchant potions (+ 27ish?)
4. Use those potions to make better fortify alchemy gear. Note... You have to be quick because you only have 30 seconds per potion.
5. Use that gear to make better fortify enchanting potions...
6. Keep repeating 4 - 5 until you can make fortify alchemy + 29 on each piece (116 total)
7. Use 4 +32 enchanting pots to create fortify smithing rings, neck, gloves and chest.
8. Make some fortify smithing potions (+130% with your alchemy gear)
9. Craft daedric armor, shield and weapon.
10. Put on your smithing gear, drink the potion (130 + 116 = +246% to smithing), then improve your weapons.
11. Make about 10 enchanting potions (+32)
12. Enchant your gear with the enchants you want

this gives you huge boosts . here is an example of gear made like this. my friend made these he didn't even cap them they can be boosted more if he really wanted to

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp151/justsomedrunk/gear.jpg

Pants
11-22-2011, 02:31 PM
LOL

That is entirely too much work when you're already going to be overpowered even without the maxed out items.

drunkie
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
the giants do repawns. i am not sure of the timer. read a random post claiming. it is every in game month the world repopulates

drunkie
11-22-2011, 02:40 PM
LOL

That is entirely too much work when you're already going to be overpowered even without the maxed out items.

i agree with you sir. i am way to lazy to do it myself. but it can be done pretty easy as you max your smithing,enchanting,an beer making.

Sofa King
11-22-2011, 02:40 PM
the giants do repawns. i am not sure of the timer. read a random post claiming. it is every in game month the world repopulates

http://www.sugarpopphotography.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Pawn-Stars-Rich_240.jpg

frankotank
11-22-2011, 03:07 PM
this has been some interesting reading. I've exhausted both Batman games. on to the next.
so......
MW3 or Skyrim? what say ye?

Pants
11-22-2011, 03:17 PM
this has been some interesting reading. I've exhausted both Batman games. on to the next.
so......
MW3 or Skyrim? what say ye?

Should I eat steak or lobster tonight? What say ye?

frankotank
11-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Should I eat steak or lobster tonight? What say ye?

I ate NINE lobsters for dinner once! I SHIT YOU NOT! what meow bitches?!

(never do that again...)

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 04:22 PM
As an example, I just went in to a kill X bandit leader quest, and was doing fine taking on two bandits per room going in. Then I get to the last one and there are 5 people. I blast the hell out of the first couple and hurt the third, and am OOM. Lydia traps me from going back out of the room, so I have to run on in and run up and kill the one I hurt with my axe and there are two left. Lydia goes down in a heap while I use a the last of my mana to heal since I was pretty hurt from another caster that was hitting me and I try to use some potions to get mana back up and get my power to regen magic going as well. I zap once, and then one of the melee against me comes up and nails me with a hit that ends it....now doing the whole thing over again since I didn't save before the last room.

I drank about 10 minor healing potions, 4-5 to get magic back up, and still died. Bah.
Being a werewolf solves ALL your problems.

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 04:24 PM
you guys should not hide from giants. farm them they are one of the best ways to get gold fast. they also always have hides so you can level your smithing. i have the game on the master level an i still 1 shot the giants. the giants hit hard but they never get close to me. sneak an arrow to the head. smithing an enchanting is your friend
make a cheap set of leather armor an fill it with max smithing enchants an so on i think you get the point. also use enchant and blacksmith potion. when your enchanting max out enchanting so your enchants are more powerful. when sharpen your armor do all the smithing stuff. when done right you can make stuff like this.

http://i407.photobucket.com/albums/pp151/justsomedrunk/understandmemaker.jpg
that is a sword a friend of mines made doing this

i like the game it is great in so many areas. but it is just retardly easy. i stopped playing as i done pretty much all of the real quests already. i am not doing the endless random ones. an i skipped the bards cuz well they just seemed to gay
If it's so easy, play another character and go full caster, full warrior, full thief, full archer, and even moreso go full conjurer, full destruction, full dw, full 2h, full sword/shield. I mean seriously. You aren't very imaginative. Just throw the game away.:shake:

Buck
11-22-2011, 04:27 PM
If it's so easy, play another character and go full caster, full warrior, full thief, full archer, and even moreso go full conjurer, full destruction, full dw, full 2h, full sword/shield. I mean seriously. You aren't very imaginative. Just throw the game away.:shake:

Yeah, and turn the fucking difficulty up to Master and see what happens.

Frazod
11-22-2011, 04:30 PM
Being a werewolf solves ALL your problems.

You know, I have that, but I've never used it after the initial run. I think I'm just going to look for the cure so I can get a good night's sleep. :doh!:

Buck
11-22-2011, 04:32 PM
I keep hearing people say you can be a werewolf or vampire and I haven't even run into either.

Also, I am Level 30 (I think, haven't played since they made the patch) and I've never even seen a fucking horse.

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 04:32 PM
Yeah, and turn the ****ing difficulty up to Master and see what happens.

LOL never tried that. I will after I get through at least one character. Sounds intense though.

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 04:34 PM
You know, I have that, but I've never used it after the initial run. I think I'm just going to look for the cure so I can get a good night's sleep. :doh!:

I hear ya, but hey I did that al'akir whatever quest and soloed those guys at the end with the werewolf. Use the roar and it fears everyone.

I keep hearing people say you can be a werewolf or vampire and I haven't even run into either.

Also, I am Level 30 (I think, haven't played since they made the patch) and I've never even seen a ****ing horse.
Join Companions for werewolf. Vampire not sure about. Maybe Dark Brotherhood.

Buck
11-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Bro, spoilers.

Seriously, that sucks you just told me that. I'm sort of mad.

Pants
11-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Bro, spoilers.

You kind of find out on their first quest. Not too big of a spoiler.

Buck
11-22-2011, 05:33 PM
You kind of find out on their first quest. Not too big of a spoiler.

Yeah well I haven't done it.

I would have loved to just stumble across that.

Pants
11-22-2011, 05:34 PM
Yeah well I haven't done it.

I would have loved to just stumble across that.

Was trying to make you feel better. :(

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 05:58 PM
Bro, spoilers.

That's how I found out. just stumbling across it. I mean you are level 30. I assumed you had done that quest through. Enjoy the scenery and don't level so fast.

Buck
11-22-2011, 06:04 PM
That's how I found out. just stumbling across it. I mean you are level 30. I assumed you had done that quest through. Enjoy the scenery and don't level so fast.

I don't think you realize how much shit there is in this game....

I've pretty much contained myself to Winterhold, Riften, and Whiterun. I can't help it if I level up that much.

Pants
11-22-2011, 06:06 PM
I don't think you realize how much shit there is in this game....

I've pretty much contained myself to Winterhold, Riften, and Whiterun. I can't help it if I level up that much.

I haven't left Whiterun yet, this game really is absolutely massive. I'm only level 15 though.

Also, I'm weary of exploring all these new places I keep discovering thinking I'll eventually have a reason to go there (like for a quest).

Kraus
11-22-2011, 06:23 PM
I've been stationed out of Whiterun and have been expanding outward slowly. I'm a level 27 right now. I like taking things at my own pace.

Dave Lane
11-22-2011, 06:33 PM

Are you 12? good game if you are Parker :thumb:

drunkie
11-22-2011, 06:36 PM
LOL never tried that. I will after I get through at least one character. Sounds intense though.

it really doesn't do much. i play on master. 1 shot 90% of the game. taking more hits to kill things doesn't make it harder really. great game but they made it very easy. the quests are all very easy to beat.

Buck
11-22-2011, 06:40 PM

...the fuck?

Where did you come from?

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 06:41 PM
it really doesn't do much. i play on master. 1 shot 90% of the game. taking more hits to kill things doesn't make it harder really. great game but they made it very easy. the quests are all very easy to beat.

To each his own. But I feel like you aren't contributing by saying such things when all of us don't care.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2011, 06:46 PM

It says that even if you have a dragon already ... look at the bottom and you will see that it says 'hit R key to unlock'

you have to manually unlock shouts

I guess they figure you might only have 1 dragon soul and 2 shouts. Then you can choose which shout to spend the dragon soul on.

Pants
11-22-2011, 07:05 PM
It says that even if you have a dragon already ... look at the bottom and you will see that it says 'hit R key to unlock'

you have to manually unlock shouts

I guess they figure you might only have 1 dragon soul and 2 shouts. Then you can choose which shout to spend the dragon soul on.

Oh OK, maybe I missed it. I thought I went to unlock it and it said I required dragon souls to do so.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Also, I am Level 30 (I think, haven't played since they made the patch) and I've never even seen a fucking horse.

There are stables outside every major city. :spock:

I am obsessed with stealing horses in Elder Scrolls games. It's my FIRST priority.

Pants
11-22-2011, 07:19 PM
There are stables outside every major city. :spock:

I am obsessed with stealing horses in Elder Scrolls games. It's my FIRST priority.

Some bandits settled in a little cavern right outside of Whiterun and had a horse and a wagon. I obviously rid the society of those scumbags and had a horse all to myself for a while. A fucking sabercat killed it, though.

I don't want to buy one just because you discover and appreciate so much more shit on foot. I'll get one eventually.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2011, 07:19 PM
Oh OK, maybe I missed it. I thought I went to unlock it and it said I required dragon souls to do so.
it does ... but then it still has the button down at the bottom to unlock it.

at least it does for me and i have like 5 dragon souls waiting around to unlock the next shout.

Frazod
11-22-2011, 07:25 PM
The horses are annoying and stupid. One of the cat people hopped off his horse and attacked me - I promptly dispatched him and took his horse, then it charged off after the first bandits I came across and got greased by two arrows. Stupid fuck.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Battle of the Peak (http://i.imgur.com/D2VJx.jpg)

Full set (http://imgur.com/a/un9sC#0)

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 07:27 PM
The horses are annoying and stupid. One of the cat people hopped off his horse and attacked me - I promptly dispatched him and took his horse, then it charged off after the first bandits I came across and got greased by two arrows. Stupid fuck.

Dark Brotherhood horse is practically immortal.

Pants
11-22-2011, 07:30 PM
Ya, they really should have added a way to make you horse stay put.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2011, 07:31 PM
The horses are annoying and stupid. One of the cat people hopped off his horse and attacked me - I promptly dispatched him and took his horse, then it charged off after the first bandits I came across and got greased by two arrows. Stupid ****.
The only horse i've ever had charge into the middle of a battle i was in with a pack of wolves. My AOE fire attack clipped him and he turned on me so i had to kill him.

stupid beast

Frazod
11-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Ya, they really should have added a way to make you horse stay put.

Seriously - the damn thing should be able to follow simple commands. Like STAY. I'm fairly sure the real ones can be trained in such a manner.

Pants
11-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Seriously - the damn thing should be able to follow simple commands. Like STAY. I'm fairly sure the real ones can be trained in such a manner.

The real ones can also be tied to a damn tree. Or maybe just tweak the behavior a little so it won't freaking charge into the thick of things... either way, it was completely avoidable.

Frazod
11-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Fucking Steam is fucked up again - I can't log onto the game. I FUCKING HATE STEAM 4321

I really should just hard install it, but I don't know if I'll lose my saved games if I do that.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 07:41 PM
You don't even need to use Steam to launch the game. Just double-click the exe from the game folder. (not the launcher)

Frazod
11-22-2011, 08:00 PM
You don't even need to use Steam to launch the game. Just double-click the exe from the game folder. (not the launcher)

The game folder is empty except for two folders, instal info and mods. No exe file in either one.

Very, very strange. It's like the game isn't there anymore.

Oh fuck me.....

Buck
11-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Just played for the first time since Saturday.

Fuck yes. Taking a nice break was refreshing.

I am trying to figure out how to disable the markers and the compass, but I can't get it to work.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 08:26 PM
The game folder is empty except for two folders, instal info and mods. No exe file in either one.

Very, very strange. It's like the game isn't there anymore.

Oh fuck me.....

:spock:

Here's where my .exe is located:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

You want TESV.exe

Buck
11-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Okay, finally figured out how to turn off the compass. It's awesome. It sort of sucked knowing that something was near you that you haven't discovered yet. It's cool to discover it on your own.

Basically this is what it looks like. Its fun for exploring.

http://i.imgur.com/6PsbU.jpg

Frazod
11-22-2011, 08:37 PM
:spock:

Here's where my .exe is located:

D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

You want TESV.exe

I backed up my games and am reinstalling the game from the disc.

SomeRandomGirl
11-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Okay, finally figured out how to turn off the compass. It's awesome. It sort of sucked knowing that something was near you that you haven't discovered yet. It's cool to discover it on your own.

This alone makes me want to go out and buy the pc version. I love exploring and finding things.

Oh and I still never found your dragon in the image you posted the other day. I'll admit I went back and looked for another 3 minutes or so.

hometeam
11-22-2011, 08:48 PM
If you are playing on console you are cheating yourself. Once the mods on PC really hit, the game will be infinitely replayable.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Oh and I still never found your dragon in the image you posted the other day. I'll admit I went back and looked for another 3 minutes or so.

http://i43.tinypic.com/n2jw9y.jpg

Buck
11-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Holy shit.

Everyone on PC, turn off the compass.

Imagine this setting.

It's late at night, approximately 11:30 pm. It's pitch black outside and you cant see that far ahead of you as you walk through the forest while a blizzard is hitting. Out of nowhere, you hear the growl of some ferocious beast, and you're not quite sure what it is. There is no red dot on your screen to warn you where the threat is coming from. You have to use your ears to figure it out.

This just happened to me.

It was a bear.

It was epic.

Do it.

WhiteWhale
11-22-2011, 09:10 PM
If you are playing on console you are cheating yourself. Once the mods on PC really hit, the game will be infinitely replayable.

Indeed.

With as aggressive as the mod community is with ES games, I'm not sure why anyone would buy a console version.

I have Morrowind and Oblivion and both have about two dozen mods on them at least. Oblivion might have up to 50. Plus, it's fun to use the construction set to make your own stuff.

Buck
11-22-2011, 09:16 PM
I was just out exploring, sans compass and I see a frost troll right in front of some stairs...so I killed the fuck out of it and headed up the stairs.

THE STORY CONTINUES WITH SOME MINOR SPOILERS
I climb up the stairs and at the top, there is a dead Frost Troll. I think to myself, that's weird, I wonder what the fuck is out here that killed this Frost Troll? So I continue to climb up another set of stairs. At the top of that, there is another dead Frost Troll. Now I know I've never been here, so it couldn't have been me that killed it. I wonder what is going on?

I get to the top of the next set of stairs (these are stone staircases going up a mountain btw), another 2 dead frost trolls. Now I'm freaking the fuck out. I think to myself that whenever I get to the top of this mountain, I'm going to be greeted by some creature I've never seen before. I keep climbing, now there is one more dead frost troll, and like 4 charred human bodies. I get to the top and there is a Shout Temple or whatever they are called and I discovered the location Eldersblood Peak.

It was pretty cool. I never found any other creatures, I'm assuming it was a dragon that took them all out.

Either that or the poor Frost Troll I killed in the beginning of the story. He fought his way past all the other trolls, just to get taken down by the Dovahkiin. Poor little guy.

Buck
11-22-2011, 09:18 PM
I think purchasing Skyrim on the PC instead of Console (I've been strictly console before this game and Battlefield 3), was the best gaming decision I've ever made.

Are FO3 and FO:NV anywhere as close to good as Skyrim is on the PC? I beat both on PS3, but want to know whether or not they are worth picking up in the next steam sale so I can add mods to them and play again.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 09:21 PM
They're basically the same game in a science fiction setting. Probably not as big, but just as immersive and fun.

SomeRandomGirl
11-22-2011, 09:21 PM
Indeed.

With as aggressive as the mod community is with ES games, I'm not sure why anyone would buy a console version.

I have Morrowind and Oblivion and both have about two dozen mods on them at least. Oblivion might have up to 50. Plus, it's fun to use the construction set to make your own stuff.

I came late to the ES games, personally having only played Oblivion before. My husband bought it for himself as a used copy between release dates for games he wanted. I quickly took over his game and it became mine. I replayed that game so many times.

Other than the Total War games and a little Age of Empires, I've never really played any games pc. I played FFXI for 5+ years, but again started out on the PS2 back then, only switching to pc later. I'm terrible at using the keyboard to navigate too, so I have that holding me back. I'm betting after reading this thread and seeing the fun things you guys are doing, I'll probably end up with the pc game too.

That being said, I would probably really enjoy this game on the pc.

SomeRandomGirl
11-22-2011, 09:24 PM
And apparently I'm getting tired as I've now started repeating sentences... too lazy to edit it.

Buck
11-22-2011, 09:24 PM
I came late to the ES games, personally having only played Oblivion before. My husband bought it for himself as a used copy between release dates for games he wanted. I quickly took over his game and it became mine. I replayed that game so many times.

Other than the Total War games and a little Age of Empires, I've never really played any games pc. I played FFXI for 5+ years, but again started out on the PS2 back then, only switching to pc later. I'm terrible at using the keyboard to navigate too, so I have that holding me back. I'm betting after reading this thread and seeing the fun things you guys are doing, I'll probably end up with the pc game too.

That being said, I would probably really enjoy this game on the pc.

I was too. Once you get used to it though, it becomes second nature.

Fire Me Boy!
11-22-2011, 09:35 PM
Sweet. Just got Azura's Star.

QuikSsurfer
11-22-2011, 09:55 PM
Sweet. Just got Azura's Star.

I remember getting that in Oblivion.. First item I ever duped :)

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Anyone come across a headless horseman ghost? I don't know what the f to do.

Buck
11-22-2011, 10:09 PM
Anyone come across a headless horseman ghost? I don't know what the f to do.

I did once. Tried to run after him. He got away.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 10:09 PM
I did once. Tried to run after him. He got away.

If you had a horse...

Buck
11-22-2011, 10:10 PM
Still haven't seen a horse.

Maybe I'll find one and use it.

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 10:14 PM
He's just sitting there. What do I do?

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 10:18 PM
Oh nvm. He was supposed to lead me somewhere but I already found it despite him.

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Wow just came across this dude that shouted my own weapon out of my hand. WTF. I got raped.

Buck
11-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Probably a Draugur Deathlord. They really suck near the beginning.

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 11:19 PM
Probably a Draugur Deathlord. They really suck near the beginning.

Yes! Man I was @ level 9. I had no chance.

Buck
11-22-2011, 11:23 PM
Tip.

Do you have any destruction spells?

If you do, blast him with one, run and hide until your magicka is back up, repeat.

That's what I had to do the first time I faced one.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2011, 11:29 PM
Wow just came across this dude that shouted my own weapon out of my hand. WTF. I got raped.
i never could find my weapon again, i thought his shout actually destroyed it.

That section of the quest was kinda hard for a mage type. Those guys seem pretty magic resistent. The only thing that saved me was that i started running in full retreat and found this round room with a bunch of wooden bridges etc. I could jump from one side to the other and the deathlord guy had to go all the way around the room to get to me. Saved my ass, i was completely out of health pots.

Bump
11-22-2011, 11:29 PM
I have to say, I haven't used one single glitch or cheat in this one. This game is too awesome for that.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 11:31 PM
The most fun way to beat Draugrs is to lure them into deathtraps.

Freaking hilarious.

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 11:32 PM
Tip.

Do you have any destruction spells?

If you do, blast him with one, run and hide until your magicka is back up, repeat.

That's what I had to do the first time I faced one.

i never could find my weapon again, i thought his shout actually destroyed it.

That section of the quest was kinda hard for a mage type. Those guys seem pretty magic resistent. The only thing that saved me was that i started running in full retreat and found this round with a bunch of wooden bridges etc. I could jump from one side to the other and the deathlord guy had to go all the way around the room to get to me. Saved my ass, i was completely out of health pots.

I have fire and sparks, but like once I walked in he was right there to meet me, never thought to run past him. Even then I had that archer elf, he was useless. The thing is, I hit him with a 2H axe power swing and his health barely went down. I think I ventured too far is what it is.

Setsuna
11-22-2011, 11:34 PM

Freaking hilarious.

???? I noticed in that one place that there is this rainbow color stuff on the ground and if you put fire on it, it like ignites wildly. Kind of like napalm. It was great until I was standing right on top of it.

Mr. Laz
11-22-2011, 11:37 PM
I have fire and sparks, but like once I walked in he was right there to meet me, never thought to run past him. Even then I had that archer elf, he was useless. The thing is, I hit him with a 2H axe power swing and his health barely went down. I think I ventured too far is what it is.
Do you have the Summon Flame Atronach yet?

always good to summon one and leave him to die while you run your ass off. :)

try and find the room with all the hanging rope bridges and plan your escape.

The bad guys never usually jump, so if you can get them to a place to jump across and leave him stuck while you range attack the hell out of them.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2011, 11:39 PM
???? I noticed in that one place that there is this rainbow color stuff on the ground and if you put fire on it, it like ignites wildly. Kind of like napalm. It was great until I was standing right on top of it.

Yes, that's one way.

There are alot of pressure switch traps in dungeons though.

There's the standard "huge blades swinging in a tiny hallway" trap.

There's also a trap that makes jets of fire come up from the floor.

My favorite is the pressure switch that makes a huge spiked gate slam shut against the wall super fast.

You can lure them all into these traps with a bit of planning. Make them chase you to their doom!

MMXcalibur
11-23-2011, 12:09 AM
I just received this game in the mail yesterday and started up. I played Oblivion enough to know how to get around in Skyrim and primarily used bow/arrows with a dagger. What weapon does everyone recommend?

Started off as an Imperial, using a Greatsword and bow/arrows. I don't know if that's a "fun" weapon to use throughout the game, so tell me which is the "funnest" weapon to use going through the game? I'm kind of interested in casting spells now too...

Mr. Laz
11-23-2011, 12:37 AM
I just received this game in the mail yesterday and started up. I played Oblivion enough to know how to get around in Skyrim and primarily used bow/arrows with a dagger. What weapon does everyone recommend?

Started off as an Imperial, using a Greatsword and bow/arrows. I don't know if that's a "fun" weapon to use throughout the game, so tell me which is the "funnest" weapon to use going through the game? I'm kind of interested in casting spells now too...
bows are way strong in Skyrim

Sniper time

imo magic isn't as strong since you can add magic weapons and get the best of both world. Weapons also have % damage increase perks where magic is mostly just cheaper mana cost perks.

as for fun, strictly depend on how you like to play.

Fairplay
11-23-2011, 01:11 AM

Sniper time

imo magic isn't as strong since you can add magic weapons and get the best of both world. Weapons also have % damage increase perks where magic is mostly just cheaper mana cost perks.

I agree. I went big into the magic but wasn't impressed.
I liked the bow and the steady hand perks makes it real fun. (level 25 currently)

If i was to do it over i would start out a mixture of one-handed, bow and heavy armor perks.

I don't think it would be very fun to smithing your weapons and armor to the point you are virtually unkillable. Might as well play it in God-mode. Boring.

Fairplay
11-23-2011, 01:25 AM

I killed it by conjure Flame Atronach and Bow attack so i could be safely away from him.

Keep backing up and conjure some more. Having duel conjure perk really helps also.

Mr Luzcious
11-23-2011, 07:28 AM

Sniper time

I haven't actually looked at the melee weapon perks, so I don't know exactly how they compare, but destruction has 2 levels of % damage perk for each element.

htismaqe
11-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Is ANYBODY using melee weapons? If I wanted to snipe with a bow all the time, I'd go play Assassin's Creed or something...

Setsuna
11-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Is ANYBODY using melee weapons? If I wanted to snipe with a bow all the time, I'd go play Assassin's Creed or something...

I am. I like using conjured sword and some other 1H. But those moon weapons are sick as heck though. Going to DE them and self heal. Score!

Fire Me Boy!
11-23-2011, 08:22 AM

I have a glass mace for close combat. That thing rocks, too.

Also, my sneak is pretty high, and I've invested some perks in it, so I use a dagger quite frequently. For instance, I had a master conjurer kicking my ass repeatedly last night. The final time I did it, I sneaked up on him and slit his throat for 15x damage with my dagger. Dude went down in one.

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 08:26 AM

Freaking hilarious.

Amen brother! i do that every chance i get. Hilarious.

Pants
11-23-2011, 09:19 AM

I am using two axes. It's so satisfying. I don't use any offensive magic at all, it's probably going to come back and bite me in the ass eventually, but I'll deal with it.

Also... Laz, you were 100% right about having to unlock the shouts. Just like you said... it was right there on the bottom, I just had to hit a different button. :)

Frazod
11-23-2011, 09:37 AM
The bow is my primary weapon, switching to melee when they charge. Was taking on a cave full of necromancers - when I got to the boss, Lydia (as always) charged in and blew my cover, and I proceeded to get slaughtered. After that, I left her behind and was able to pick them all off from cover. Works for me. :thumb:

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 09:59 AM

I switch to sword/magic for close quarters.

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Where do you guys store all your shit? I got a ton of stuff that i would like to not be carrying anymore.

Also, Lydia died on me. Can i get her back or is she gone?

QuikSsurfer
11-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Where do you guys store all your shit? I got a ton of stuff that i would like to not be carrying anymore.

Joined the Mage College yet? If so, use your apprentice quarters to store your stuff.

Pants
11-23-2011, 10:05 AM

Buy a house or use the two barrels right outside the smithy in Whiterun. Pretty much just read the damn thread, Sofa.

Also, I got my first slow-mo dragon kill last night. It showed me jumping up on the dragon's neck, driving one axe into one side of his face and hacking the other side of the face with the 2nd axe until the dragon went down. It was so epic, I about JIMPed.

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 10:06 AM
Joined the Mage College yet? If so, use your apprentice quarters to store your stuff.

I started in Riverrun, went to Whiterun, and then decided it's probably smart to go do the actual mage shit first. So in the middle of my 5 hours session last night i made the trek to the college and got going on all that shit. I'll have to get to my quarters and unload a bunch of shit.

Thanks.

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 10:52 AM
This fucking game is all i can think about right now.

It's really making work into, well, more of a hassle.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2011, 11:01 AM
Buy a house or use the two barrels right outside the smithy in Whiterun. Pretty much just read the damn thread, Sofa.

Also, I got my first slow-mo dragon kill last night. It showed me jumping up on the dragon's neck, driving one axe into one side of his face and hacking the other side of the face with the 2nd axe until the dragon went down. It was so epic, I about JIMPed.
I wonder how many people are using those 2 barrels? ROFL

Some big ass containers. :D

never had a slo-mo for a dragon but several others ... they are cool. First time it happened it freaked me out i thought the game was crashing. Heh.

Pants
11-23-2011, 11:18 AM
I wonder how many people are using those 2 barrels? ROFL

Some big ass containers. :D

never had a slo-mo for a dragon but several others ... they are cool. First time it happened it freaked me out i thought the game was crashing. Heh.

I'm using those two barrels because of frazod's advice and I really only store smithing supplies there. Everything else I want to keep goes inside my house.

And yeah, I get slow-mo's all the time, but that was my first dragon kill one. They're usually really quick, but this one took a while, so I just sat back and enjoyed the show.

Fish
11-23-2011, 11:35 AM
Skyrim hoarding...

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3kuZsSZyLno?version=3&feature=player_embedded" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

htismaqe
11-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Fuckers. I gotta go get this game now.

Frazod
11-23-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm using those two barrels because of frazod's advice and I really only store smithing supplies there. Everything else I want to keep goes inside my house.

Exactly. I use one barrel for armor and weapons and the other for components. I store potions, ingredients and other miscellaneous crap at various separate places in the house.

If only I was this organized in real life. :D

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 12:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5RZDm.jpg

Mr. Laz
11-23-2011, 12:07 PM
is it my imagination or do you level up faster doing smithing/enchanting/alchemy than you do killing stuff?

btw do they have the frost Atronach or only flame?

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 12:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/5RZDm.jpg

I'm going to go full on nerd here....but if General Tullius is a Soldier....he'd be a white card.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 12:13 PM
UNDEAD PACK MULE

Many of you might already know this, but some might not. If you're anything like me and you have the compulsive need to loot entire dungeons but are eternally over-encumbered this might help.

Basically you need to find a staff called "Staff of Zombies" or "Staff of Reanimation". This staff allows you to reanimate a weak dead body for 60 seconds. You can obtain it from shops or a random wannabe mage in the wild.
Once you have cleared a dungeon simply store as many items as you wish into a weak dead body (plentiful in most dungeons) and then reanimate him. There seems to be no weight limit to how much they can carry which is what makes this much better that bringing a follower along - especially in Dwarven ruins where all the scrap metal is very heavy.

The zombie will them follow you anywhere you go and will even fast travel with you back to your home. You can reanimate him as many times as you like as you progress through a dungeon gradually adding more stuff. He's basically an unlimited pack mule. You can even make him follow you inside your house so once he drops dead you can retrieve all your items and store them with ease! Yesterday I looted an entire Dwarven ruin in Markarth in 1 trip and had enough metal to smelt 350 Dwarven ingots. The best thing is the staff is cheap to use and you can use it on the same guy forever.

My character is a warrior so I use this method - I know the other method posted before used with the conjuration spell "Raise Zombie" - but the disadvantage is it's one use only as the body melts into ash after 60s. There is a more powerful zombie spell called "Dead Thrall", but you need 90 conjuration so this method is great for lower level or non-magic characters.

Pants
11-23-2011, 12:26 PM
is it my imagination or do you level up faster doing smithing/enchanting/alchemy than you do killing stuff?

btw do they have the frost Atronach or only flame?

Yeah, I brought that up earlier. I have to put the breaks on smithing because it levels me up too fast and it's a useless skill as far as survival out in the wild goes. You don't want to outlevel your primary skills progression.

Reaper16
11-23-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm going to go full on nerd here....but if General Tullius is a Soldier....he'd be a white card.
Typically. But Magic allows for certain elements of flavor, and even certain gameplay mechanics, to shift to other colors if it fits the flavor of the world that the block is in.

Besides, Green has had soldiers for a long time. They're typically always Elf Soldiers (as in two different creature subtypes), but Soldier is not at all uncommon anymore in green.

Blankey
11-23-2011, 12:53 PM
This thread just jumped to a whole new level of nerd.

allen_kcCard
11-23-2011, 12:57 PM
Fail on the troll skull hoarding video.

Would have been win if he would have unrelenting shouted all of them.

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 01:02 PM

Good god man.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 01:10 PM
Good god man.

I knew that would bring you out.

Sofa King
I knew that would bring you out.

Well I'm here. What'd you want?

The Franchise
Typically. But Magic allows for certain elements of flavor, and even certain gameplay mechanics, to shift to other colors if it fits the flavor of the world that the block is in.

Besides, Green has had soldiers for a long time. They're typically always Elf Soldiers (as in two different creature subtypes), but Soldier is not at all uncommon anymore in green.

Yeah....but he's not an Elf Soldier.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Well I'm here. What'd you want?

Buy all of my casino cash for $60 (real money) so I can go out and buy this game.

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 01:15 PM
Buy all of my casino cash for $60 (real money) so I can go out and buy this game.

If you can afford your 28 kids I'm sure you can spend $60 more for a game.

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 01:22 PM
If you can afford your 28 kids I'm sure you can spend $60 more for a game.

You must have me confused with Mr. Plow.

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 01:25 PM
You must have me confused with Mr. Plow.

He's the gay midget right? Goes by this avatar?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar16856_20.gif

Pants
11-23-2011, 01:26 PM
He's the gay midget right? Goes by this avatar?

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/customavatars/avatar16856_20.gif

Ya, that's him.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2011, 01:46 PM
Where the hell does Amren go?

i have his dam sword and now i can't find him again.

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 01:49 PM

You didn't toss it into the Pit of Fire to save him?

Mr. Laz
11-23-2011, 01:51 PM
You didn't toss it into the Pit of Fire to save him?
now you're just messing with me :harumph:

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 01:52 PM
now you're just messing with me :harumph:

You're supposed to fall for that.

Pants
11-23-2011, 01:54 PM

Make the quest active and see where the arrow points you to. He likes to hang out in Dragonsreach (Whiterun castle) a lot so I would look there. He can be on the 2nd floor by the maps, which is where I found him.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 01:55 PM

You don't have a decent PC?

Pants
11-23-2011, 02:00 PM

Console experience > PC experience.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 02:04 PM

Your mother.

Sofa King
11-23-2011, 02:24 PM

hahahahaha

Tell me another one!

The Franchise
11-23-2011, 02:32 PM

Umm.....the PC version still costs money.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Umm.....the PC version still costs money.

Pirate it.

Fire Me Boy!
11-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Pirate it.

Some people are only thieves in the gaming world.

Buck
11-23-2011, 02:44 PM

Now That's What I Call Trolling 23!

Fire Me Boy!
11-23-2011, 02:45 PM

Tebow > PC experience

WhiteWhale
11-23-2011, 04:57 PM

In the end I can play this game with an x-box controller on my TV. When are you downloading your construction set? Oh wait.... :p

Pants
11-23-2011, 05:19 PM
In the end I can play this game with an x-box controller on my TV. When are you downloading your construction set? Oh wait.... :p

True dat. I don't do that, so I hadn't thought of it. PC > Console, after all.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 05:25 PM

Hey asshole.

I can play the game with an xbox controller on my TV, too.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 05:26 PM
BTW, why would anyone want to play this game with an xbox controller?

Keyboard and mouse > *

Idiot console fanboys.

Pants
11-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Hey asshole.

I think that's what he was saying, lol.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 05:34 PM
ohhhhhhhhhh

/rage

Pants
11-23-2011, 05:36 PM

Keyboard and mouse > *

Idiot console fanboys.

It literally makes me chuckle hearing that because I used to think just like you.

The only times a keyboard + mouse are required are when you're playing isometric perspective games like RTS or Diablo style hack and slash RPGs. You'd be surprised how much the vibrations of a controller make a game feel more visceral. I was playing Crysis 2 on my PC (pirated) and it felt so incredibly flat compared to the FPS games I play on the 360 and I realized it was due to the lack of any tactile feedback.

I like when my controller vibrates when I land a solid hit on a monster in Skyrim. I like how it vibrates harder when it's a power attack.

Hammock Parties
11-23-2011, 05:48 PM
LMAO

I don't care about vibrations.

Archery in this game is far superior with a mouse.

Pants
11-23-2011, 05:55 PM
LMAO

No doubt. It does feel flat as shit once you get used to that feedback though. Happened with Witcher 2, happened with Crysis 2 and happened with Dragon Age 2 for me.

Buck
11-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Vibrating mouse and keyboard. Patent it.

Mr. Laz
11-23-2011, 06:11 PM
LMAO

shooting of any kind is superior with a mouse

The only thing a console controller does is supply all the customized buttons you need for the games automatically.

But anyone experienced using a PC can do the same with a gaming pad or key mapping program.

Pants
11-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Vibrating mouse and keyboard. Patent it.

Been done already, it was garbage. Don't get me wrong, that's not the sole reason why I prefer to play certain games on the box as opposed to my PC.

Frazod
11-23-2011, 09:42 PM
Finally getting into the thieves guild/dark brotherhood stuff. Streamlined the stuff I carry and left Lydia at home.

Off to quietly pilfer and kill!

keg in kc
11-23-2011, 10:19 PM
You guys don't get it. Pants doesn't play with his controller. He sits on it.

Oooh, critical hit. I need a tissue.

GordonGekko
11-23-2011, 11:21 PM
Witcher 2, happened with Crysis 2 and happened with Dragon Age 2

Damn, time for the gaming industry to come up with new creative content, too many sequels for cash

Pants
11-23-2011, 11:29 PM
You guys don't get it. Pants doesn't play with his controller. He sits on it.

Oooh, critical hit. I need a tissue.

Well, I don't see you massaging me down there.

Setsuna
11-23-2011, 11:39 PM
Keep it clean boys. No blood, puke, feces, etc.

keg in kc
11-24-2011, 12:30 AM
Well, I don't see you massaging me down there.Well, Frazod did mention he was about to start working on his stealth, so maybe that's him.

Bump
11-24-2011, 12:32 AM

Keyboard and mouse > *

Idiot console fanboys.

idiot console fanboys? or maybe it's people who don't budget $1000 per year to upgrade or replace broken PC garbage.

ReynardMuldrake
11-24-2011, 11:24 AM

Keyboard and mouse > *

Idiot console fanboys.

You enjoy your sweet 2.1 setup while I'm rocking the 5.1 home theater with a 12" sub. The positional audio and environmental effects in this game are amazing. The acoustics change depending on the type of environment you're in. Stereo just doesn't do it justice.

Although I probably will end up picking up a PC copy once the price drops just to experience the mods.

ReynardMuldrake
11-24-2011, 11:25 AM
I found a stray dog yesterday and adopted him, now he follows me everywhere. So now I've got two companions!

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 11:34 AM
You enjoy your sweet 2.1 setup while I'm rocking the 5.1 home theater with a 12" sub. The positional audio and environmental effects in this game are amazing. The acoustics change depending on the type of environment you're in. Stereo just doesn't do it justice.

Although I probably will end up picking up a PC copy once the price drops just to experience the mods.

LMAO

Like you can't get a 5.1 setup for a computer.

I'd rather play with headphones anyway so I can hear precisely what's sneaking up on me.

Mr. Laz
11-24-2011, 12:29 PM
idiot console fanboys? or maybe it's people who don't budget $1000 per year to upgrade or replace broken PC garbage.
umm ... the speed of the PC vs Console is completely the same. If one gets outdated then so does the other. The only reason you don't upgrade the console more frequently is because you can't.

people just update their computer because they WANT to and usually enjoy doing that kind of stuff.

Consoles only have 2 benefits over a PC

1. As a marketing tool, some games are released early or only for a certain console. (good luck buying a Wii/PS3/Xbox to cover all bases)

2. ease of use ... consoles are basically plug-n-play, which is good for people who aren't tech savvy.

There is nothing else that you can do on a console that can't be done AT LEAST as well on a PC.

fanboy battle commence!! :)

Bump
11-24-2011, 01:59 PM
umm ... the speed of the PC vs Console is completely the same. If one gets outdated then so does the other. The only reason you don't upgrade the console more frequently is because you can't.

people just update their computer because they WANT to and usually enjoy doing that kind of stuff.

Consoles only have 2 benefits over a PC

1. As a marketing tool, some games are released early or only for a certain console. (good luck buying a Wii/PS3/Xbox to cover all bases)

2. ease of use ... consoles are basically plug-n-play, which is good for people who aren't tech savvy.

There is nothing else that you can do on a console that can't be done AT LEAST as well on a PC.

fanboy battle commence!! :)

I just never understood why PC gamers think console gamers are the debil. I've done both and have had a much better time on consoles.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 02:04 PM
I just never understood why PC gamers think console gamers are the debil. I've done both and have had a much better time on consoles.

Because the rise of consoles watered down the industry and made it cater to the lowest common denominator.

Pants
11-24-2011, 02:18 PM
I enjoy both PC and console. Saying either one sucks is just dumb. Saying that you have to replace "broken PC garbage" every year is fucking retarded.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 02:31 PM
Main reason I will never buy a console is all the horror stories of red rings of death.

If something goes wrong with my PC - which is rare - at least I know how to diagnose and fix the issue.

keg in kc
11-24-2011, 03:41 PM
Console gaming has hurt pc gaming in terms of development. And even now when many companies are doing multiple platform games (like this one), you're seeing an increasing degree of streamlining due to the limitations that consoles bring. Even with a company like BioWare, who is by far my favorite game developer, you saw that kind of thing with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2. Basically, there aren't many companies designing purely for pc anymore, so there aren't as many games that take advantage of the keyboard and mouse setup. So that's probably why some segment of the (admittedly smaller...) pc gaming market doesn't like console gaming. Plus console games are generally (much) shorter than PC games have been traditionally, so the more streamlining and "consolification" you see in the multi-platform gaming market, the shorter the games get, which is something that we pc gamers tend to lament. Especially with RPGs. The days of 300-hour scripted story-driven games are basically over.

QuikSsurfer
11-24-2011, 03:48 PM
You realize that these evil, nasty consoles are just computers?? It's nothing to repair these things or even mod them.
If you're honestly PC exclusive and stand firm on it, then you're missing out and have missed out on a lot of games over the years.
And if you follow Skyrim on PC outside of this little sub thread you've created here at the Planet, you'd know that a TON of people prefer to play this with the easily compatible 360 controller.
I play games on 360/PS3/PC and very rarely iOS, so I'm not exclusive to any system...

The few disgruntled PC-gamer posters that we have here are becoming constant and annoying.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 03:54 PM
It doesn't matter what they are, only what people do with them.

I'm PC exclusive because I don't play that many games. When I do, it's a game like Oblivion or Skyrim, which are best on the PC. And I have 0 interest in multiplayer games.

Single-player experience used to be king in gaming. Now we're lucky if we get a Deux Ex or a Skyrim every few years.

keg in kc
11-24-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm not complaining about it myself, I was just answering Bump's question about why some PC gamers act the way they do. That's the general "logic" behind it.

Speaking just for me, I don't have a problem with consoles, and the only reason I don't have one is that I can't afford one. Whereas I have to have a computer for my job (and can also generally charge upgrades to work...).

But I'd love to be able to play stuff like the Uncharted games, though, if I could. And I've played plenty of cross-platform games. The Dead Space games are two of my favorite games of the last five years, despite the fact that they're only about 10 hours long each. And then, obviously, Mass Effect (which was actually a port from 360 to PC) and ME2.

But the reality is that consoles have had a major impact on pc gaming, and that's where the resentment comes from. But that's only console gamers fault in the sense that there's more of them; ufortunately for PC gamers they're/we're mostly a niche market at this point.

I'm just glad that companies are willing to multi-platform and include us in the equation. Because there's been concern for years that PC gaming was going to die (microsoft itself has worked hard against that...).

At least I still have MMOs. Mostly. I know DCUO has mixed in PS3s. I was afraid for a while that SWTOR would do that, and I'm glad that they did not.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 04:01 PM
It's not a niche market, and the misinformation and grandstanding by console fanboys is another reason we hate them and their stupid consoles.

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/119/1196429p1.html

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/119/1198547/1-graph_1317870483.jpg

keg in kc
11-24-2011, 04:06 PM
You keep on telling yourself that.

QuikSsurfer
11-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Think Steam has anything to do with those numbers?

keg in kc
11-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Facebook.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Calling it a niche market is not accurate. This was before Skyrim had even been out 24 hours.

http://i.imgur.com/FjGaf.png

QuikSsurfer
11-24-2011, 04:12 PM
Facebook.

Haha so true. I see so much of that shit when I need to remote in to a clients workstation. Time management games.

QuikSsurfer
11-24-2011, 04:14 PM
I'd still say anyone who has the option should play these games on PC - Bethesda games specifically. But you can still have a excellent experience on a console.

keg in kc
11-24-2011, 04:19 PM
143K people is nothing in gaming terms.

Now there are still some big PC games, WoW is obviously the best example and I'll be playing SWTOR with a few million people in three weeks, but you can't deny the fact that there just aren't that many games designed for PC specifically anymore. That's just reality. The great majority of any sales numbers you care to bring up will be the result of multi-platform games.

Hell, I can't even think of the last major PC-only game that I played, not including MMOs.

I wish there were more...

QuikSsurfer
11-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Aside from Blizzard games and a few indie series like Penumbra and..... that's all I can think of.

Back to Skyrim.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 04:25 PM
143K people is nothing in gaming terms.

When it's taken within a few hours of the game's release, it's massive, and indicates the popularity and power of the platform.

keg in kc
11-24-2011, 04:28 PM
When it's taken within a few hours of the game's release, it's massive, and indicates the popularity and power of the platform.What were the console numbers for that same period?

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't know. All I'm saying is calling the PC a "niche" market is dumb. Cell phone gaming is a "niche" market.

Fire Me Boy!
11-24-2011, 04:31 PM
Note on Skyrim... if you get into the Thieve's Guild, DO NOT GET RID OF THE ARMOR. :banghead:

keg in kc
11-24-2011, 04:31 PM
I don't know. All I'm saying is calling the PC a "niche" market is dumb. Cell phone gaming is a "niche" market.The point is not so much that it's "niche" as that it's smaller (probably much smaller) than the console market. We PC gamers are basically the red-headed stepchildren.

Hence me asking what the console numbers were at the same time. I could be wrong, but I would venture a guess that they were much, much larger than 143k.

As a PC gamer, I wish that wasn't the case, because it would mean they'd be making more games for me.

And yeah, sorry, Skyrim people, I'll stop hijacking your thread with this. :)

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Note on Skyrim... if you get into the Thieve's Guild, DO NOT GET RID OF THE ARMOR. :banghead:

Prefer my elvish.

Fire Me Boy!
11-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Prefer my elvish.

Trust me on this. Store the armor, but do not get rid of it.

Buck
11-24-2011, 04:54 PM
Clay, if you ever do pick up a console, get Red Dead Redemption.

Best single player experience I've ever had.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Clay, if you ever do pick up a console, get Red Dead Redemption.

Best single player experience I've ever had.

LMAO

GTFO

Buck
11-24-2011, 04:58 PM
What's so funny about that?

Buck
11-24-2011, 05:01 PM
In fact, I wish Skyrim used horses the same way RDR did.

I finally bought a horse and then killed it because it moved no faster than I did.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 05:02 PM
In fact, I wish Skyrim used horses the same way RDR did.

I finally bought a horse and then killed it because it moved no faster than I did.

Wrong. Horses can gallop. And they are far better at climbing mountains.

Buck
11-24-2011, 05:11 PM
Wrong. Horses can gallop. And they are far better at climbing mountains.

I just did a test.

I ran from a sign near Whiterun Stables to the nearest farm.

On foot it took me 25.0 seconds.

On my horse it took me 23.5 seconds.

Buck
11-24-2011, 05:12 PM
If you don't believe me try it for yourself.

I'm wearing Archmages robes, btw. Not sure if that's considered Light Armor or not.

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 05:15 PM
Did you press the gallop button for the horse? There are three different speeds for a horse.

In any case they are worth riding for the mountain climbing alone.

There's also a faster horses mod.

Buck
11-24-2011, 05:17 PM
Did you press the gallop button for the horse? There are three different speeds for a horse.

In any case they are worth riding for the mountain climbing alone.

There's also a faster horses mod.

I used the sprint button. What is the gallop button for the horse? The same as the sprint button right?

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 05:21 PM
I used the sprint button. What is the gallop button for the horse? The same as the sprint button right?

Yeah.

Anyway, you should ride horses for roleplaying purposes. BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT, WOULD YOU CONSOLE WHORE?

Buck
11-24-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, well you know what is stupid, I can't shoot arrows or use my fucking destruction spells while riding a horse.

RDR was all over that. Plus your horse had a clear stamina meter.

Setsuna
11-24-2011, 05:24 PM
It's not a niche market, and the misinformation and grandstanding by console fanboys is another reason we hate them and their stupid consoles.

http://pc.gamespy.com/articles/119/1196429p1.html

http://pcmedia.gamespy.com/pc/image/article/119/1198547/1-graph_1317870483.jpg

Ummm because projected stats are always good indicators. That will never happen. Get that hypothetical bull out of here.

MoreLemonPledge
11-24-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm curious how they expect console growth to halt when it's been growing at approximately the same pace as PC sales. Especially considering we're in the 5th-6th year of the current generation consoles, with new ones coming out in 2012-13...

Hammock Parties
11-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Because consoles are for maggots.

Frazod
11-24-2011, 08:47 PM
I like the precision that comes with using a mouse over a hand-held controller. That's the main reason I prefer the PC.

keg in kc
11-24-2011, 08:50 PM
For the longest time I preferred PC games because they were (much) longer and because they cost less. Those days are over, unfortunately.

Although I think I will get thousands of hours out of SWTOR.

Mr. Laz
11-25-2011, 11:32 AM
back to the game .......

fyi storing dragon bones etc in a dead dragon carcass doesn't always work. I killed one outside of Winterhold and left to sell some stuff. When i came back a few (game)hours later the dragon carcass was gone along with my stuff. :(

Pants
11-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Yeah.

Anyway, you should ride horses for roleplaying purposes. BUT YOU WOULDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THAT, WOULD YOU CONSOLE WHORE?

Horses are good because you can ride them while encumbered.

QuikSsurfer
11-25-2011, 11:43 AM
Horses are good because you can ride them while encumbered.

You can also fast travel while on a horse and over encumbered

Pants
11-25-2011, 11:53 AM
You can also fast travel while on a horse and over encumbered

Yeah, you sure can. I refuse to use companions and can only carry 165 pounds (185 is taken up by my heavy armor, weapons and potions) right now so I get encumbered a lot. My horsie comes in useful.

SomeRandomGirl
11-25-2011, 12:17 PM
I've not purchased a hose yet. Are there faster/better horses at different stables throughout the game or is one horse the same as the rest?

I miss my black steed from the assassins guild in Oblivion.

Mr. Laz
11-25-2011, 12:23 PM
I've not purchased a hose yet. Are there faster/better horses at different stables throughout the game or is one horse the same as the rest?

Girl needs the best hose she can find ... any of the guys around here have a good hose for her?

:fire:

Pants
11-25-2011, 12:28 PM

I have no idea. I bough the ugly mare in Riften because I was encumbered and had to get home to Whiterun. So far she has survived battles with wolves, saber cats, bears, trolls, bandits and even a dragon. Seems to be pretty sturdy.

SomeRandomGirl
11-25-2011, 12:52 PM
Girl needs the best hose she can find ... any of the guys around here have a good hose for her?

hahah Ok I didn't even notice that. Regardless... I need only a good recommendation for a horse as my hose situation is all good.

I just got a laptop from BB last night and I'm having a lot of typos so far while typing. I think my fingers are adjusting to the slightly smaller keyboard. Or then again it could just be my utter exhaustion from standing in that line for too many hours.

Frazod
11-25-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm really paying the price for not getting enchantment training earlier in the game. I have my skill level up to 98 now, but I was in the 90s before I found the guy at the Mages College, and he couldn't train me further. There's only one other trainer, but I think you might need a female character to utilize her since she's in that temple in Markgraf (either that or they're pissed because I stole that statue from them :D ). Either way, it's just taking forever to get through these last few levels to get to 100 and the double enchanting perk.

WhiteWhale
11-25-2011, 12:58 PM
Hey asshole.

Hey moron.

I was mocking console players by pointing out I could use my X-box controller on my PC. I can get a construction set.

I have the game on PC.

I was agreeing with you.

Mr. Laz
11-25-2011, 01:35 PM
hahah Ok I didn't even notice that. Regardless... I need only a good recommendation for a horse as my hose situation is all good.

I just got a laptop from BB last night and I'm having a lot of typos so far while typing. I think my fingers are adjusting to the slightly smaller keyboard. Or then again it could just be my utter exhaustion from standing in that line for too many hours.
hehe :p

just good fun

Mr. Laz
11-25-2011, 01:39 PM
double enchanting perk.
i want that too ... also want double altranoch summoning

double summons
double enchant
weightless heavy armor

gah, it's taking forever.

I have a great full set of uber plate armor ready for double enchant

btw ... don't like that they only let you put certain enchantments on certain items. :cuss:

Pants
11-25-2011, 01:48 PM

double summons
double enchant
weightless heavy armor

btw ... don't like that they only let you put certain enchantments on certain items. :cuss:

Plate armor sucks. Even Orcish is better. Then there's Ebony and Daedric and Dragon to go after that.

Fire Me Boy!
11-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Just got Legendary Dragon Plate armor!!! WOOOO!

whoman69
11-25-2011, 02:38 PM
For the longest time I preferred PC games because they were (much) longer and because they cost less. Those days are over, unfortunately.

Although I think I will get thousands of hours out of SWTOR.

People can write mods for the PC version. They can't for consoles. That added tons of new things for me with oblivion.

QuikSsurfer
11-25-2011, 03:13 PM

Shadowmere returns! Her/His (referenced as both a he and a her in this series) returning cinematic is very cool.
You'll get Shadowmere back after one of the Dark Brotherhood quests.

QuikSsurfer
11-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Just got Legendary Dragon Plate armor!!! WOOOO!

How many dragon bones/scales are required??

Frazod
11-25-2011, 03:31 PM

double summons
double enchant
weightless heavy armor

I was actually at 96 before, not 98. :banghead:

Now I'm at 99. One more hard round of enchanting crap before I can double enchant all my dragonscale armor stuff. :rockon:

Fire Me Boy!
11-25-2011, 03:48 PM
How many dragon bones/scales are required??

Same as other stuff. 2 or 3 bones and 2 or 3 scales for most stuff.

Frazod
11-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Oh shit. I just got a rude lesson in enchanting.

I ASSUMED that once I got the double enchanting perk I could add an additional magical property to each of my existing items. WRONG. I can make new items and double enchant them. Apparently you can't add stuff to existing items.

DAMMIT CARL :cuss:

Buck
11-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Frazod, why the name change? Just curious.

Reaper16
11-25-2011, 04:11 PM
You don't know anything about the Missouri/Kansas rivalry do you? Here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Quantrill

Frazod
11-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Tomorrow's the last time (as it stands right now) that Missouri and Kansas will play each other in football. Just ramping up the venom to a new level for the final game. :evil:

I'll have it changed back afterward.

Buck
11-25-2011, 04:50 PM
Weird, I'm halfway through Ride With The Devil. I wonder if he's in it.