PDA

View Full Version : Other Sports ****Official 2009 MLB Playoffs Catch All Thread*****

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 08:46 PM
Another words you don't have an answer.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ok, let's go through this slowly. For the sake of clarification let's call them Scenario A and B.

Scenario A: The umpire correctly calls it a double. Mauer's on second with nobody out.

Scenario B: He singles and is on first.

Scenario A: Kubel singles. Mauer moves to 3rd base or even scores.

Scenario B: Mauer's at 2nd, Kubel's at first, nobody out.

Scenario A: Cuddyer singles up the middle. MAUER SCORES (if he hadn't already).

Scenario B: Mauer stops at third.

Get it yet?

WilliamTheIrish
It's obviously a bad call but it's really hard to say they didn't **** themselves when you get no runs out of bases loaded nobody out.

The ball that hit fair and was ruled foul was going to be a two base hit. Even playing station to station, Mauer scores on those next two hits.

Mauer should have scored on the 2nd single from 2b but was held. If Gardenhire isn't so stupid, he PR's for Mauer in order to get that run across. But that's what happens when the Twins play the Yankees. Haven't won a game there in almost 3 years.

Pioli Zombie
My point is this (not being a fan of either the Twins or Yankees).

Poor umpiring continues to make a huge difference in critical situations. The Yankees might very well be playing Detroit right now if the home plate umpire correctly rules that Inge was hit by the pitch.

And now an obvious call missed by an ump whose only job is to get THAT CALL right.
How did it hurt the Twins?
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
10-09-2009, 08:48 PM
And that was a great play by Mike Lowell to rob Hunter.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 08:50 PM
The ball that hit fair and was ruled foul was going to be a two base hit. Even playing station to station, Mauer scores on those next two hits.

Mauer should have scored on the 2nd single from 2b but was held. If Gardenhire isn't so stupid, he PR's for Mauer in order to get that run across. But that's what happens when the Twins play the Yankees. Haven't won a game there in almost 3 years.
You ass hole, the next hit was by Mauer, the same guy!! He ended up on second anyway with no outs. The Twins fucked it up by themselves. So tired of teams blaming umpires or fans (Bartman) for when they choke it up themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 08:50 PM
Love the hit and run. Never thought I'd see Guerrero do THAT.

Scioscia's a genius.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 08:51 PM
You ass hole, the next hit was by Mauer, the same guy!! He ended up on second anyway with no outs. The Twins ****ed it up by themselves. So tired of teams blaming umpires or fans (Bartman) for when they choke it up themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

See above explanation.

Pioli Zombie
10-09-2009, 08:55 PM
Ok, let's go through this slowly. For the sake of clarification let's call them Scenario A and B.

Scenario A: The umpire correctly calls it a double. Mauer's on second with nobody out.

Scenario B: He singles and is on first.

Scenario A: Kubel singles. Mauer moves to 3rd base or even scores.

Scenario B: Mauer's at 2nd, Kubel's at first, nobody out.

Scenario A: Cuddyer singles up the middle. MAUER SCORES (if he hadn't already).

Scenario B: Mauer stops at third.

Get it yet?

How do you know in your mythical what ifs that Kubel wouldve gotten the same pitch and the same hit had Mauer been on second?
You don't. The bottom line is Mauer was still on second with nobody out and Twins had the bases loaded with nobody out.
Posted via Mobile Device

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 08:57 PM
How do you know in your mythical what ifs that Kubel wouldve gotten the same pitch and the same hit had Mauer been on second?
You don't. The bottom line is Mauer was still on second with nobody out and Twins had the bases loaded with nobody out.
Posted via Mobile Device

How do you know that it doesn't cost them? A leadoff double changes everything. But you've obviously decided that it didn't. So there's really no point.

WilliamTheIrish
10-09-2009, 09:22 PM
You ass hole, the next hit was by Mauer, the same guy!! He ended up on second anyway with no outs. The Twins ****ed it up by themselves. So tired of teams blaming umpires or fans (Bartman) for when they choke it up themselves.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hey fuckface, if you had two consecutively firing synapses you'd read that I didn't blame the loss on anybody but the fucking team that didn't win.

The call was horrible. That's not debatable. Phil Cuzzie deserves to be ridiculed for missing it when he's within 15 feet of the ball striking 18 inches inside the foul line.

It may have affected the outcome. Probably not, but it's certainly possible you galactic kunt.

4th and Long
10-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Another words you don't have an answer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Another words?

Is that anything like, "In other words?"

WilliamTheIrish
10-09-2009, 09:36 PM
This Red Sox/Angels game is a very nice duel. 1-1 going to the bottom of the 7th.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 09:43 PM
This Red Sox/Angels game is a very nice duel. 1-1 going to the bottom of the 7th.

I like Scioscia's teams in these types of games 9 out of 10 times.

WilliamTheIrish
10-09-2009, 09:55 PM
Big two out RBI... 2-1 Halos. Red Sox have six hits in 16 innings in this series.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 09:56 PM
The Angels are going to be a very tough out in these playoffs. Angels vs. Yankees could be really intriguing.

WilliamTheIrish
10-09-2009, 09:56 PM
OUCH! Pedroia took a helmet to the knee there..

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 10:02 PM
Bye bye Beckett.

Buck
10-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I hate the Red Sox. This game is making me happy.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
10-09-2009, 10:08 PM
With the Sox offense anemic so far in this series, I'd say that should do it for them tonight. Aybar with a 2 run 3b. 4-1 Haos.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 10:10 PM
Phil Cuzzie should be executed for that shit call.. I mean how many f'ing calls these hacks butcher before they get the "Bonds" treatment?

2 outs..

Phil Cuzzi is a fucking abortion and should have his entire family murdered on free to air television.

In the 8th inning of game 4 of the 2005 LCS with two outs he ejected Edmonds from the game after what looked like a very low ball four. Edmonds started to go to first, Cuzzi called him back, Edmonds said "where was it", and he fucking snapped and tossed him.

I went to game 6 of the LCS that year. I have never, in any sport, heard anyone get booed like Phil Cuzzi was when they announced his name before the Busch Stadium crowd that night.

I only wish someone had a Barrett .50 caliber sighted to put a fucking tracer round through his sinus cavity.

Jewish Rabbi
10-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Phil Cuzzi is a fucking abortion and should have his entire family murdered on free to air television.

In the 8th inning of game 4 of the 2005 LCS with two outs he ejected Edmonds from the game after what looked like a very low ball four. Edmonds started to go to first, Cuzzi called him back, Edmonds said "where was it", and he fucking snapped and tossed him.

I went to game 6 of the LCS that year. I have never, in any sport, heard anyone get booed like Phil Cuzzi was when they announced his name before the Busch Stadium crowd that night.

I only wish someone had a Barrett .50 caliber sighted to put a fucking tracer round through his sinus cavity.

Who was it that finished that at-bat for Edmonds? I remember they hit it about 420 feet to dead center, fucking Houston's stupid ass field kept it in tho.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 10:15 PM
Who was it that finished that at-bat for Edmonds? I remember they hit it about 420 feet to dead center, fucking Houston's stupid ass field kept it in tho.

J-Rod, John Rodriguez.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 10:19 PM
With the Sox offense anemic so far in this series, I'd say that should do it for them tonight. Aybar with a 2 run 3b. 4-1 Haos.

You would think so...Brian Fuentes usually gets it done, but he can make it interesting.

Jewish Rabbi
10-09-2009, 10:29 PM
J-Rod, John Rodriguez.

That's it... I was thinking Thomas Howard, but knew that was too far back.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Is Figgins a UFA after this season?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 10:34 PM
Is Figgins a UFA after this season?

Yes. I wouldn't mind the Cardinals taking a look at him. He fits the LaRussa mold perfectly (can play 2nd, 3rd, multiple OF positions), and would be a great leadoff hitter for us.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 10:37 PM
Yes. I wouldn't mind the Cardinals taking a look at him. He fits the LaRussa mold perfectly (can play 2nd, 3rd, multiple OF positions), and would be a great leadoff hitter for us.

He would be a nice fit for a National League team. And it isn't like he just plays those positions...he plays them well. Just a smart baseball player.

Basileus777
10-09-2009, 10:52 PM
Heh. Part of me was actually hoping that Boston would win this series since I think they would be an easier opponent for the Yankees.

CaliforniaChief
10-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Heh. Part of me was actually hoping that Boston would win this series since I think they would be an easier opponent for the Yankees.

I would agree with that. I think the Angels are going to win the American League this year.

tk13
10-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I just saw the highlight of that blown call. That is unbelievable that a line judge would make a call that bad. That's the entire reason they're out there.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-09-2009, 11:20 PM
I just saw the highlight of that blown call. That is unbelievable that a line judge would make a call that bad. That's the entire reason they're out there.

It's Phil Cuzzi. The dude is a world class asshole, and it's not the first time he's royally fucked a team over in the playoffs.

StcChief
10-09-2009, 11:27 PM
I just saw the highlight of that blown call. That is unbelievable that a line judge would make a call that bad. That's the entire reason they're out there.yes that was a good 6" inside the line...wow. he won't see another playoff. if MLB has any sense of honest calls. bad homer calls.

DaFace
10-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Rox/Phillies game postponed a day. I was kinda looking forward to the coldest playoff game in MLB history. :sulk:

BigRedChief
10-10-2009, 02:33 PM
ST. LOUIS — In an apparent attempt to goose the timely hitting in his offense and protect Albert Pujols with bookend sluggers, manager Tony La Russa will shake up his lineup this afternoon and bat Ryan Ludwick second.
La Russa also announced that if there’s a Game 4, Chris Carpenter will start for the Cardinals vs. Chad Billingsley of the Dodgers. It would be the first time in his career he started on 3 days rest.
The Cardinals are 3-for-22 with runners in scoring position during this series, and the Los Angeles Dodgers have boldly proclaimed they have no interest in pitching to Pujols, even when he represents the go-ahead run. They would rather put him on base than risk the crooked number he can produce with one swing.
With both the Cardinals’ offensive struggles in mind and the Dodgers obvious game plan, La Russa swapped Ludwick and rookie Colby Rasmus. Rasmus’ double in Game 2 gave the Cardinals a lead that only the ninth inning could erase. Rasmus is hitting .500 in the series, and his at-bats have been among the most consistent on the team. By putting Rasmus No. 5, La Russa also shifts the island of righthanders in his lineup.
Here are the lineups for Game 3 of the NLDS:
CARDINALS

Schumaker, 2B
Ludwick, RF
Pujols, 1B
Holliday, LF
Rasmus, CF
Molina, C
DeRosa, 3B
Ryan, SS
Pineiro, P
DODGERS

Furcal, SS
Kemp, CF
Ethier, RF
Ramirez, LF
Loney, 1B
Blake, 3B
Belliard, 2B
Martin, C
Padilla, P

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:06 PM
C'mon Jo-el. Be Pineiro, not Pinata.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:08 PM
I really like moving Luddy up to #2 and putting Colby at #5. It's something we should have done a long time ago.

Luddy will get protection, and Holliday won't need it, as they'll put Pujols on.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Brenly is a dumb motherfucker. Chris Carpenter is not a flyball pitcher. Not at all.

Plus, Pineiro throws that sinker regardless of situation.

COME THE FUCK ON BLUE, THAT SLIDER WAS PERFECT!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Umps+Dodgers: 1
Cardinals: 0

kcxiv
10-10-2009, 04:16 PM
lol, i love it when people blame the ref's cause their guys arent getting it done. Chiefs fans anyone? lol

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:20 PM
lol, i love it when people blame the ref's cause their guys arent getting it done. Chiefs fans anyone? lol

That's easy to say when a clear strike three isn't called on your team, and it leads to a run. Stupid fucking cunt.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:24 PM
Keep stringing them together.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Holliday:

http://i41.tinypic.com/2lbcbap.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Hey everyone, it's the 2002 NLCS, on TBS!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:52 PM
ROFL...that one was six inches farther outside than the one he didn't call in the first.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:54 PM
ROFL...that one was six inches farther outside than the one he didn't call in the first.

And that 1-1 pitch to Ethier was closer to the black, as well.

'Hamas' Jenkins
Fuck you, Pinata.

That'll probably do it.

kcxiv
3-0 Bitches. Dre Day all Day.

Tiger's Fan
10-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Good fucking night, Irene.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 04:56 PM
Sinkerball pitchers who throw sinkers letter high= FAIL.

kcxiv
10-10-2009, 04:57 PM
lol This shit is comical now

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 05:00 PM
Pinata: Get the fuck off the team. Decline abritration and fleece some other sad sack franchise out of 4 and 40 so we can have the draft picks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 05:03 PM
Boy Ludwick, you knocked the fucking shit out of that one.

kcxiv
10-10-2009, 05:17 PM
4-0 Dodgers.

Stinger
10-10-2009, 05:18 PM
Well at least I won't have to sweat this game out or the series like game 2......

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Congratulations, Dodger fans. Make the most of your opportunity.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 05:38 PM
ROFL...Tony just absolutely quits. Brings up his worst player on the entire 40 man roster, who shouldn't even be on the PS roster, to pinch hit in the fifth inning of an elimination game.

Can we please fire this cocksucker, along with McRae?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Jesus Christ.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 05:42 PM
On the scale of pathetic postseason offensive outputs, getting shut down by Vincente Padilla is somewhere between getting shut down by Jose Lima and Brandon Backe.

kcxiv
10-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Padilla has pitched great since being a Dodger. He's shut alot of teams down. Also dont forget the Dodgers have the best Era in the Majors. Yep, number 1.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 05:54 PM
Padilla has pitched great since being a Dodger. He's shut alot of teams down. Also dont forget the Dodgers have the best Era in the Majors. Yep, number 1.

I'm not talking about the Dodgers, writ large, I'm talking about Vincente Padilla, he of the career 4.45 FIP.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:03 PM
:spock:

This umpire is fucking Phil Cuzzi level bad. Jesus Christ, Don, nice fucking call on the pitch to Pujols.

Friendo
10-10-2009, 06:15 PM
GD this is some weak shit.:shake:

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:19 PM
GD this is some weak shit.:shake:

It's the 2002 LCS all over again.

We peaked in August, and have been a shit team for the last month. Tony's loyalty to players is Vermeil-esque in its destructiveness. There's no excuse why he should have allowed Franklin to stay in that game after he started walking guys on Thursday.

Compound that with his influence on the FO, and their complicity to give away our best prospects for rentals (Holliday, DeRosa) and extend old players on an unsustainable streak of luck (Franklin), and you have what you have.

This team needs a change of direction. We need to cut ties with Tony. And after the performance of his acquisitions and resignings,...we probably need to fire Mozeliak too.

Friendo
10-10-2009, 06:25 PM
It's the 2002 LCS all over again.

We peaked in August, and have been a shit team for the last month. Tony's loyalty to players is Vermeil-esque in its destructiveness. There's no excuse why he should have allowed Franklin to stay in that game after he started walking guys on Thursday.

Compound that with his influence on the FO, and their complicity to give away our best prospects for rentals (Holliday, DeRosa) and extend old players on an unsustainable streak of luck (Franklin), and you have what you have.

This team needs a change of direction. We need to cut ties with Tony. And after the performance of his acquisitions and resignings,...we probably need to fire Mozeliak too.

I don't keep up with bb much but I sure expected more out of the Cards than this. Any names you'd like to see as replacements for TL?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:33 PM
I don't keep up with bb much but I sure expected more out of the Cards than this. Any names you'd like to see as replacements for TL?

I'd be cool with Oquendo. I think he'd be a fine manager. I'd also like to see Mike Matheny added to the permanent staff. He's served as a ST coach before. I think he'd be a damned good pitching coach, since Duncan is tied to the hip with LaRussa.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Nice inning, sauce.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:40 PM
We're pinch hitting Jason Fucking LaRue??

god fuck.

Friendo
10-10-2009, 06:42 PM
We're pinch hitting Jason ****ing LaRue??

god ****.

heh--see what you mean. what is the overall fan sentiment towards LaRussa in StL?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:50 PM
heh--see what you mean. what is the overall fan sentiment towards LaRussa in StL?

I think that most still want him there. I think that a lot of the Cards fans who aren't die-hard homers, like me, want to see his ass get the fuck out of Dodge.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Broxton just grooved two fastballs. I know they're thrown hard, but if you can't hit that, you can't hit him.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Matt Holliday:

http://i30.tinypic.com/n4hb4k.jpg

Friendo
10-10-2009, 06:53 PM
I think that most still want him there. I think that a lot of the Cards fans who aren't die-hard homers, like me, want to see his ass get the **** out of Dodge.

I seem to recall a couple of years back Tony himself was making noise about leaving, or maybe that was some sort of behind the scenes shake-down?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/14t3giv.jpg

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 06:55 PM
I seem to recall a couple of years back Tony himself was making noise about leaving, or maybe that was some sort of behind the scenes shake-down?

The fucking dickhead does it every year. He's a baby.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 07:09 PM
DeRosa, you can get the fuck out too.

Oh Jesus, Ankiel to end the season.

ROFLCopter.

Friendo
10-10-2009, 07:10 PM
damn, Broxton would give the Babe a run for his money at the training table.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 07:13 PM
Fuck Matt Holliday
Fuck Ryan Franklin
Fuck Tony LaRussa
Fuck Rick Ankiel
Fuck Troy Glaus
Fuck Joe Thurston
Fuck Joel Pineiro
Fuck Mark DeRosa
And Motherfuck John Mozeliak

If only I were lucky enough to never see any of you wear the BOB again.

kcxiv
10-10-2009, 07:18 PM
lol found this picture on a dodger website. haha

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r283/Herc_Bucket/ThinkBlueBitches-1.jpg

Lono
10-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Well so much for the tickets I had for tomorrow's game.

RJ
10-10-2009, 07:59 PM
**** Matt Holliday
**** Ryan Franklin
**** Tony LaRussa
**** Rick Ankiel
**** Troy Glaus
**** Joe Thurston
**** Joel Pineiro
**** Mark DeRosa
And Mother**** John Mozeliak

If only I were lucky enough to never see any of you wear the BOB again.

They were good enough to win a weak division and no more.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-10-2009, 08:17 PM
They were good enough to win a weak division and no more.

You forgot about eviscerating the farm system to do so.

Mojo Rising
10-10-2009, 08:19 PM
This series reminds me of last year when we punched the Cubs in the nose. The Cubs still haven't recovered.

If Duncan leaves, the Cardinals will have the same fate. No playoffs next year.

It was sweet beat the Cards who have had our number.

With the Angels beating Boston this year appears to be the year where the under-dog beats their nemesis. That bodes well for the Dodgers in a Freeway Series. The Angels have had the Dodgers number of late.

I am glad to not have to watch Ryan play anymore. He reminds me of a d***head cop.

Go Dodgers!

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 01:17 AM
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/GDM426/VEB/Panda-01-1.gif

teedubya
10-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Heh... Glad the Cards lost. Fuck them.

BigRedChief
10-11-2009, 01:42 AM
Heh... Glad the Cards lost. **** them.
Went to the playoffs 7 out of the last 10 years.

2 trips to the World Series.

1 World Championship.

Sounds like a pretty good run to me. Whats your team done?

kcxiv
10-11-2009, 02:25 AM

1 World Championship.

I will say it too, fuck them. My team hasnt won since 88, but they just swept the Cards. lol They always kill us, so, this fuck you feels pretty damned good.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
10-11-2009, 02:30 AM

1 World Championship.

yeah but they just got swept

CaliforniaChief
10-11-2009, 09:07 AM
http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz20/GDM426/VEB/Panda-01-1.gif

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/smilies/rofl2.gif

CaliforniaChief
10-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I'm really surprised by the sweep. Honestly I'm surprised the Dodgers won the series, period.

It's just hard for me to believe Ethier and Ramirez could just turn it back on like that, the way they've struggled at the end of the season.

A Freeway World Series looks like a distinct possibility to me. Better activate all the off-duty cops for this one.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dGHZv5Y_lKg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dGHZv5Y_lKg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

L.A. Chieffan
10-11-2009, 09:18 AM
http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/attachment.php?attachmentid=89487&stc=1&d=1255274259

BigMeatballDave
10-11-2009, 09:33 AM
My point is this (not being a fan of either the Twins or Yankees).

Poor umpiring continues to make a huge difference in critical situations. The Yankees might very well be playing Detroit right now if the home plate umpire correctly rules that Inge was hit by the pitch.

And now an obvious call missed by an ump whose only job is to get THAT CALL right.I STILL cannot believe that ump missed that call. Its not like it was close. Horrible. Oh, and Pioli Zombie dumbshit...

BigRedChief
10-11-2009, 09:49 AM
I will say it too, **** them. My team hasnt won since 88, but they just swept the Cards. lol They always kill us, so, this **** you feels pretty damned good.
Yeah for whatever reason we have always beat the Dodgers. Some of those 1980's Dodgers teams were really great and the Cardinals killed them and kicked them out of the playoffs when they looked like shoo-ins for a World series title. Our bats went to sleep and you guys kicked our ass.

All I can say is Congrats :clap: and a tip of the hat.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uD4WSsIpwuM/SgilZkl3a4I/AAAAAAAABJs/X1c-4WH_RxQ/s400/A_Tip_of_the_Hat_by_jollyjack.jpg

L.A. Chieffan
10-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah for whatever reason we have always beat the Dodgers. Some of those 1980's Dodgers teams were really great and the Cardinals killed them and kicked them out of the playoffs when they looked like shoo-ins for a World series title. Our bats went to sleep and you guys kicked our ass.

All I can say is Congrats :clap: and a tip of the hat.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uD4WSsIpwuM/SgilZkl3a4I/AAAAAAAABJs/X1c-4WH_RxQ/s400/A_Tip_of_the_Hat_by_jollyjack.jpg

Youre pretty cool for a Cards fan BRC, I'll give you that.

The Crapinals are still my 2nd most hated NL team because of that 1985 bullshit. Jack Clark and Ozzie Smith can both die choking on each others cocks while Niedenfuer pulls a David Carradine in the corner for all I care.

StcChief
10-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Congrats to Dodgers....we haven't looked good for a month.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 05:31 PM
Yankees/Twins Game 3:

No score through two.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 06:53 PM
"Let's get Denard-ed" Span singles with two out, steals second and scores on a single by Mauer in the bottom of the 6th.

Twins -1

Yankees - 0

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 06:55 PM
"Let's get Denard-ed" Span singles with two out, steals second and scores on a single by Mauer in the bottom of the 6th.

Twins -1

Yankees - 0

Would Mauer be your #1 choice if you were building a team and could steal any position player?

This question was brought up in a Mark Teahen interview...

Was one of those moments when I was struck with the reality of just how freaking good this particular player is. Oh, and Joe is ok, too.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:01 PM
Yes he would.

And that AROID just hit the tying HR.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Would Mauer be your #1 choice if you were building a team and could steal any position player?

This question was brought up in a Mark Teahen interview...

Was one of those moments when I was struck with the reality of just how freaking good this particular player is. Oh, and Joe is ok, too.

Absolutely not.

Pujols.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:05 PM
POsada with a HR. I knew it was going to happen.. but ... awww fuck.

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 07:07 PM
Absolutely not.

Pujols.

He was #2...

I would probably go the Mauer route, too, simply because of, prepare yourselves True Fans, positional value.

Though Albert is clearly the most dominant hitter in the league, the level of drop off to some of the other 1Bs isn't nearly the same the other catchers to JM.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:35 PM
To the bottom of the 8th.

Yankees -2

Twins -1

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:41 PM
Leadoff 2b for the Twins in the 8th.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh that was a huge gaffe by Punto and the 3rd base coach.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:43 PM
Killed the rally. should have been 1st and 3rd w/ nobody out. Instead... runner at 1st w/one out.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:44 PM
Okay, not so much the fault of the 3b coach. Punto just thought the ball was through and Jeter made a pretty heady play.

BigRedChief
10-11-2009, 07:47 PM
He was #2...

I would probably go the Mauer route, too, simply because of, prepare yourselves True Fans, positional value.

Though Albert is clearly the most dominant hitter in the league, the level of drop off to some of the other 1Bs isn't nearly the same the other catchers to JM.you are crazy. Pujols may be the best right handed hitter ever. Yeah, lets pass on him.:rolleyes:

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Mauer up w/the tying run at 1b w/2 out and will face Rivera.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:49 PM
you are crazy. Pujols may be the best right handed hitter ever. Yeah, lets pass on him.:rolleyes:

wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Somebody didn't pick Juicehols!!!!

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Rivera you nasty bitch. Saws Mauer off for a PO 3 unassisted.

BigRedChief
10-11-2009, 07:54 PM
wAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH Somebody didn't pick Juicehols!!!!Their idiots. There is only one best player in the game. There can be only one.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_P24SQm1vFP8/SXiBOto-xpI/AAAAAAAAAkY/MNmM0Ch2acU/s400/highlander1-02.jpg

wild1
10-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Nick Punto = Maurice Leggett

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 07:58 PM
you are crazy. Pujols may be the best right handed hitter ever. Yeah, lets pass on him.:rolleyes:

He's also 36. And I'm not sure if the new organization would have strong pharmaceutical ties.

:Poke:

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:00 PM
Mayhay facing Tex.. and delivers a nice little semi intentional BB.

wild1
He's also 36. And I'm not sure if the new organization would have strong pharmaceutical ties.

He's 29

BigRedChief

:Poke:http://www.forumspile.com/Die-Go_try_this.jpg

WilliamTheIrish

He doesn't juice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111

Only Cubs players do that.

wild1
10-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't believe that he juices illegally. I know that any of these guys can get prescriptions from friendly docs for their ailments, but I don't see him as a Canseco or anything like that.

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 08:03 PM
I don't believe that he juices illegally. I know that any of these guys can get prescriptions from friendly docs for their ailments, but I don't see him as a Canseco or anything like that.

I could care less if he does. He's a great player, and I enjoy watching him play.

Wish some of the Royals would get on the juice, or some better shit if they're already involved.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:05 PM
F'ing Yankees. They show a shot in the dugout and Jeter and the equipment manager are clowning. They know it's just a matter of time.

Rauch BB's ARoid. Two on 1 out.

wild1
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
I could care less if he does. He's a great player, and I enjoy watching him play.

Wish some of the Royals would get on the juice, or some better shit if they're already involved.

I want to watch baseball, not a bunch of WWF wanna-bes have a home run derby.

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 08:08 PM
F'ing Yankees. They show a shot in the dugout and Jeter and the equipment manager are clowning. They know it's just a matter of time.

Rauch BB's ARoid. Two on 1 out.

I know I should be beaten for this, but Jeter is one of my favorite players in the league.

My conscience is now clean...

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 08:09 PM
I want to watch baseball, not a bunch of WWF wanna-bes have a home run derby.

And the likes of David Grimsley?

It's not just the position players, and it's not just the sluggers.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:10 PM
And for a team that "does all the little things" right, the Twins just shite themselves when confronted with the evil empire.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:11 PM
I know I should be beaten for this, but Jeter is one of my favorite players in the league.

My conscience is now clean...

That SOB is held is the palm of God's hands like the Donx. Good shit happens to him. Pisses me off. The play he made on Punto was a real heady play. Im just dislike those pinstripes.

wild1
10-11-2009, 08:12 PM

I've never heard of that person.

I was merely commenting on your comment that you don't care if players are on roids and the teams should all have a steroid arms race.

wild1
10-11-2009, 08:12 PM
Sad for the Twins to be imploding like this.

Sad that the dome won't be imploded as well

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Joe Nathan playing the great classic by Mozart: Arsonists Song

wild1
10-11-2009, 08:14 PM
david grimsley has a website as it turns out : http://davidgrimsley.com/

He looks like a dork, but he's definitely not on roids.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Sad for the Twins to be imploding like this.

It's just what they do vs the Yankees. Haven't won a game vs them since 07.

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 08:16 PM
That SOB is held is the palm of God's hands like the Donx. Good shit happens to him. Pisses me off. The play he made on Punto was a real heady play. Im just dislike those pinstripes.

When people discuss the "It" factor, he's the definition of the term.

The relay that he made in OAK a few years back in the playoffs--I forget the nickname--is a perfect microcosm.

And the Yanks open things up...

wild1
**** **** kubel... there's the cherry on top.

Leave the belly flops to the cardinals' outfielders

WilliamTheIrish
Joe Nathan was also responsible for this years wild fires in San Diego county.

Jewish Rabbi
10-11-2009, 08:17 PM

LAWLS

Jason Grimsley?

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
When people discuss the "It" factor, he's the definition of the term.

The relay that he made in OAK a few years back in the playoffs--I forget the nickname--is a perfect microcosm.

And the Yanks open things up...

Yep. Yep. And yep.

DeezNutz
10-11-2009, 08:18 PM
LAWLS

Jason Grimsley?

Whooops.

Yes, Jason. Where did David come from? Hmm....

Perhaps I'm getting better at blocking the memory of some past Royals.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:20 PM
JOE NATHAN GETS AN OUT!!! THAT'S RIGHT! HE GOT AN OUT.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:25 PM
So, in the span of 5 days "The Hump" Dome gets to to see two celebrations: The Twins winning the AL Central and ths Yankees winning the DS.

Blow that mutha up.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Cuddyer holds back the dam. Leadoff single to RF.

wild1
10-11-2009, 08:27 PM
maybe Rivera got cold in the dugout for 20+ minutes while the twins puttered around in the field. maybe they can get a big hit off him.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Kubel with the K looking...

wild1
10-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Kubel's crapped his pants twice this inning now.

....and some drunken moron is on the field

Maybe the moron is trying to further cool Rivera off.

Deberg_1990
10-11-2009, 08:30 PM
heh..gotta love October baseball in Colorado.

wild1
10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
It worked! Rivera's pitch count is going up here with all the practice throws. The trespassing fan is a genius.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Gotta be tough to try to scale the RF baggie..

wild1
10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Words you never want to hear: It's all up to Delmon Young

CaliforniaChief
10-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Kubel with the K looking...

Kubel's just horrible right now.

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Young K's...

WilliamTheIrish
10-11-2009, 08:35 PM
Ground ball.. 6-3. Game, series, over.

Basileus777
10-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Bring on the Angels.

Four days off until the next game will feel like an eternity. At least both teams will have the same wait.

L.A. Chieffan
10-11-2009, 08:46 PM
So is the NLCS gonna start sometime this year?

DaFace
10-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Rockies/Phillies is turning into a shootout. 4-4 in the bottom of the 4th.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-12-2009, 12:04 AM
Rockies got completely hosed on Utley's swinging bunt "single".

#1) It was a foul ball
#2) It looked like he was out.

Cost them a run, and may cost them the game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-12-2009, 12:15 AM
Middle of the Rockies order can't come through against Lidge.

Tough break in the top of the 9th.

Battery Tossers lead 2-1.

L.A. Chieffan
10-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Funny site makes fun of fans, STL and LA included:

http://tauntr.com/category/types-content/athletic-supporters

DenverChief
10-12-2009, 03:56 PM
Whelp game 4 coming up in about 10 mins...LETS GO ROX!!!!

DenverChief
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
JHC the Umps are trying to give the game to the phillies

L.A. Chieffan
10-12-2009, 04:58 PM
jim tracy ftw

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Tight game in the 8th. Ibanez up with runners at 1st and 2nd w/ 1 out.

2-1 Phillies.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Ibanez draws a BB. Bases juiced, 1 out in the top of the 8th.

DaFace
10-12-2009, 06:42 PM
Rockies just can't keep up with Philly's bats. Hopefully they'll get something going here, but I'm starting to lose my optimism.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 06:45 PM
Betancourt coaxes a pop up 6. 2 out.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Tulowitzke makes a very nice play, 6-3, ends the half inning.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Lee BB's Fowler w/ 1 out.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 06:56 PM
Boys, there's a SPC highlight by Dexter Fowler... anbd it resulted in an E-6. That was outstanding..

2 on 1 out.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Ben Francisco makes the web gem of the series.. 2 out.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:03 PM
Giambi with the broken bat single and Fowler ties the game..

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:05 PM
A long 2b by Torrealba scores Helton ad Giambi. 4-2 Rocks..

DaFace
10-12-2009, 07:05 PM
Well, that worked well.

The Rockies suck. The Phillies are gonna win this 14-4.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Wild pitch and the runners move up 90.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:09 PM
To the 9th... 4-2 Rockies..

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:22 PM
These division series are just the shit. Love the intensity on every AB.

DaFace
10-12-2009, 07:27 PM
Christ.

kcxiv
10-12-2009, 07:27 PM
hehe, Ryan Howard with a clutch hit to tie the game up in the top of the ninth.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
I don't believe this series. Drama. Need to shut off the lead run here.

kcxiv
10-12-2009, 07:28 PM
As a Dodger fan i want the fucking Phillies.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:29 PM
Street hung thst 2-1 pitch and WERTH just missed it..

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Werth is a bad ass. Ryan scores on the single to CF.

kcxiv
10-12-2009, 07:30 PM
Former Dodger Jayson Werth ties the game up.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Actually Werth gave them the lead..

kcxiv
10-12-2009, 07:33 PM
oh ya, gave them the lead, trying to do a few things here at once. haha

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:35 PM
Season on the line for the Rockies..

kcxiv
10-12-2009, 07:46 PM
hehe, couldnt as for a better game to watch as a fan of baseball. this is good stuff. INtense until the very last out.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:49 PM
I just don't see how the Phillies trust Lidge in these situations. The ice around the guy is a little to thin..

DaFace
10-12-2009, 07:50 PM
Damn.

WilliamTheIrish
10-12-2009, 07:53 PM
I just don't see how the Phillies trust Lidge in these situations. The ice around the guy is a little to thin..

Shows what I know.

DaneMcCloud
10-12-2009, 10:37 PM
I'll probably hit at least one Dodgers playoff game, if time permits.

I still hate the Angels from the days of them being in the same division as the Royals.

CaliforniaChief
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I'll probably hit at least one Dodgers playoff game, if time permits.

I still hate the Angels from the days of them being in the same division as the Royals.

I can't believe I'm typing this, but I hope the Angels beat the Yankees. My distaste for the Yankees is so strong.

My hatred for the Angels is from their inferiority complex that causes them to try to be THE team of Los Angeles instead of just embracing their yuppie, OC heritage. Calling themselves the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is akin to a dude that hyphenates his last name when he gets married.

Go Dodgers. (or Doyers)

teedubya
10-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Angels Dodgers would be a good series.... Yankees Phillies would be a good series...

I don't care to see Angels Phillies.... Yankees Dodgers might be good though...

so I guess ANY series but Angels Phillies.

L.A. Chieffan
10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
This guy kinda sounds like Kermit the Frog:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lPshKGz07Y4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lPshKGz07Y4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

L.A. Chieffan
10-15-2009, 06:10 PM
and so it begins...FUCK YOU VICTORINO

kcxiv
10-15-2009, 06:36 PM
Kershaw's curve to strike out Ibanez was fucking dirty.

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 06:38 PM
PHUCK THE PHILLIES!

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 06:39 PM
JUST A LIL' CRUSH@!

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 06:42 PM
do you all like Skip's son, Chip?

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 06:47 PM
this thread kinda' sux, I'm talking to my god-damned self!

kcxiv
10-15-2009, 06:48 PM
haha, Their ST. Louis Cardinals arent playing anymore, so it gets slow. lol

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 06:57 PM
haha, Their ST. Louis Cardinals arent playing anymore, so it gets slow. lol

The Cards choke worse than the Braves, I think. I've tried to bring Frazod over to the chop-shop.

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 07:06 PM
nice LA milf in that royal blue sweater over the catchers left shoulder, very sultry, sassy, classy look, i'd P inherbutt.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2009, 07:16 PM
Kershaw has a very nice little gem thus far. And yes that is a sweet LA milf in the background.

DeezNutz
10-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Kershaw has a very nice little gem thus far. And yes that is a sweet LA milf in the background.

Couple years ago in the NBA playoffs, there was an epic chick with a very low top that had the perfect seat behind the benches to get camera time.

TV folks literally made her move. :cuss:

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Gee Raul, just keep hitting.

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 07:27 PM

I think she went after a weiner, she's suddenly gone.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Wild pitch.. Ibanez to 2nd w/ nobody out.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2009, 07:31 PM
I think she went after a weiner, she's suddenly gone.

Dane McCloud probably showed up and she immediately threw herself at him...

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2009, 07:32 PM
Ruiz makes Kershaw pay. 3-1 Phillies..

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Dane McCloud probably showed up and she immediately threw herself at him...

:bravo:ROFL

Simply Red
10-15-2009, 07:46 PM
damn, man! Argh. Four runs down in the fifth, = no thang.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Dodgers scratch out a run on a botched DP ball by Rollins and Utley. That's a big run. 5-2. Manny up w/2 out.

WilliamTheIrish
10-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Manny with a 2 run blast. 5-4. We got a game.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Manny is such an insufferable cockbag. You have to put one near his skull after that pose on that HR.

chefsos
10-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Manny is such an insufferable cockbag. You have to put one near his skull after that pose on that HR.

And he would have nary a clue as to why you did it.

Edit: Good God, Chan Ho Park is still around?

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Chan Ho Park loooks fucking awesome with that jawline beard and 'stache

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-15-2009, 09:17 PM
George SherrFAIL.

Stinger
10-15-2009, 09:18 PM
BOOM.......... 3 run bomb there

chefsos
10-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Getting interesting again.

Stinger
10-15-2009, 09:44 PM
Manny grounds out to end the rally LMAO

WilliamTheIrish
10-16-2009, 04:34 PM
God game going in LA this afternoon. 1-0 Phillies. Dodgers with 2 on, 0 out in the 8th.

WilliamTheIrish
10-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Phills bungle the 5-4-3 DP ball and Juan Pierre scores the tying run from 2nd base.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 04:40 PM
When did Chase Utley forget how to play 2nd base? Wow.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 04:42 PM
Thome!

WilliamTheIrish
10-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Thome with the pinch single. 1st and 3rd w/1 out.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Hopefully the Dodgers can cash in the gift from Utleyblauch and take this game.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Squeeze here?

88TG88
10-16-2009, 04:48 PM
oh
em
gee

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 04:49 PM
Bases loaded for Kemp

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Kemp you SOB.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Ethier walks, Dodgers lead 2-1!

The Franchise
10-16-2009, 05:03 PM
Come on Manny! Hit that Grand Slam!

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 05:04 PM
Dammit Manny! Broxton against the top of the Phillies lineup for the save.

Pioli Zombie
Baseball. A 2 run inning takes 7 years. There should be a pitching change limit. I did a load of laundry that inning.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
Come on Broxton! Finish this shit.....

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Baseball. A 2 run inning takes 7 years. There should be a pitching change limit. I did a load of laundry that inning.
Posted via Mobile Device

That was cumbersome. It doesn't help that it's Charlie Manuel doing the walking.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Furcahol still has quite the cannon. Alright Broxton, let's get Utleyblauch and win it.

The Franchise
10-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Please God get Utley out before Ryan Howard bends us over.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 05:11 PM
Thank you for jinxing us Carey.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 05:13 PM
YES!

JD10367
10-16-2009, 05:13 PM
I have no love for Phiily. But, as a Red Sox fan, I have no wish to see Manny Ramirez successful. And I don't like L.A. (the city, that is... I have nothing against their sports teams). But I abhor the Yankees more than anything. So, I'm grudgingly rooting for a Freeway Series in which the Angels kick the shit out of the Dodgers.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2009, 05:14 PM
Philly defense and bullpen FAIL.

That's gotta hurt. Wasting an effort like that from Pedro. <del>I wonder what that feels like</del>.

kcxiv
10-16-2009, 05:17 PM
Well, Phillies and Dodgers both gave a game away.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Philly defense and bullpen FAIL.

That's gotta hurt. Wasting an effort like that from Pedro. <del>I wonder what that feels like</del>.

True. Although a Dodgers loss would have been almost as tough for Padilla. He was amazing. Great pitching by both...but Utleyblauch tosses another one away. And fails to get Ryan Howard to the plate.

Basileus777
10-16-2009, 06:25 PM
ROFL @ the Angels defense.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2009, 07:04 PM
No offense, Yankee fans, but any field that gives up HR's to banjo hitters in right @ the rate it does, and let's that shot from Vlad stay in is a fucking joke.

CaliforniaChief
10-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Apparently Vlad felt the same way the way he was trotting.

Basileus777
10-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Good ol' Torii Hunter.

Mecca
10-16-2009, 08:06 PM
The Angels look like a bag of ass.

Basileus777
10-16-2009, 08:21 PM
CC!

Basileus777
10-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Yankees win.

'Hamas' Jenkins
10-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Congrats Baselius. Although I thought you were a scum-sucking Mets fan, for some reason.

Demonpenz
10-16-2009, 09:38 PM
go yankees