PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Why should the Chiefs bring Haley back?

Pages : 1 2 [3]

ToxSocks
12-22-2009, 02:53 PM
I see where you are coming from, but it seems to me that you are looking for reasons to be positive instead of looking at it fully objectively. Maybe Im of base and I am letting the losing effect my ability to be objective because I am starting to presume the worst because that is what we have had to deal with recently.

I hope we made the right choices and that a lot of this first year is chalked up to a total flush of a season to begin with in retrospect a couple years from now.

time will tell

Im trying to look at it objectivly. I could put together a list that's just as long about how this team is fucked. But why?

WE ALL KNOW what is wrong with this team. It's no secret. Some people just want to say that there is nothing to look forward too. I see things that we can build upon.

People wanna say that im full of "ifs" and "Maybe's", well that's all we have right now if we want to look towards the future.

IF, that's right, IF we draft Eric Berry, how much better is our secondary? How many of those long runs and deep passes occur with Berry and Page in the lineup?

IF we can land an ILB in the draft, ala Cinnci, and sign a Hampton or Wilfork, how much better is our front 7?

IF we can add a Golden Tate in the second, or sign one in the offseason, how much better are our WR's?

I really don't think there is a fixing of Cassel, i don't Think Haley can be fixed either. They are what they are. But, im reserving hope. What else can we do?

Coogs
12-22-2009, 02:56 PM
come on you cant fire Haley you just got ride of Herm after 3 years of crap then yas give the team to Haley who had a team of no talent hacks to start with and now with one more win then we would of had under Herm this year you guys want to scrap him and start all over I mean how long do yas want to be rebuilding

I'm not so sure about that anymore. All of the players that are doing any thing good are the ones Herm brought in. It would have been interesting to see what Herm would have done in the off-season compared to what the new regime has done.

Damn! I can't believe I just typed that! I may have to go have a drink or two just because.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2009, 02:59 PM
1. Just because they were on the squad, doesn't mean they haven't improved. What did JC prove last season? What did Studebaker do last season? And the question wasn't whether or not there was pre-existing talent, the question was if there was anything to be positive about. I told you, yet you continue to be negative.

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME? Charles contributed a SHIT TON last year, when he was HEALTHY. Unfortunately, he had issues all year long with his hamstring.

JFC, you act like all of the sudden, after 4 years of college and one in the NFL, the guy woke up and was a good back.

And Studebaker? Again, do you know ANYTHING about these Chiefs? Studebaker was signed LATE in the season off of Philly's practice squad. He's a DIVISION III PLAYER. Not D-I, not D-IA, not D-II. Division THREE. And he was only with the Chiefs for their final 6 games.

FUCK!

2. Hali is a surprise. Did you honestly believe he would see success transitioning into the 3-4? Really? No one here did. Obviously he has his weaknesses. BUT, like i said, we can win with him. As i said, he is no pro-bowler, but TH will not be the reason we loose games.

LMAO

His numbers are nearly IDENTICAL to his numbers as a DE. And apparently, you didn't watch the Cleveland game because were do you think those 300 rushing yards came from?

Oh, that's right: Running over Tamba Hali!

3. Rudy has been improving.

Rudy sucks ass. Unreal

We have plenty of potential RG's right now. At the time we needed a RT. Ndukwe was asked to fill that need. he failed at it. Why start him at RG when we have better RG prospects? And do you seriously not remember how bad Richardson was? He was awful, and then after 1 game against the Browns he is better than O'C? Come on man, at least let's see him play another start before declaring him the best RT on the team.

You're so fucking full of shit. Seriously.

Potential right guards? First off, Wade Smith is THE BEST center, right guard, left guard and right tackle on this football team, bar none. Why he wasn't playing, let alone starting is fucking beyond my comprehension. More proof that Haley can't evaluate talent.

Secondly, Nsukwe started 15 games at right guard last year for the Dolphins, yet the Chiefs played him out of position for weeks at right tackle. More proof of poor talent evaluation.

Richardson? Are you joking? When he filled in for Albert at left tackle, he did a tremendous job. The Browns had EIGHT SACKS of Rothlisberger yet one of Cassel with Richardson on the right side AND the running game was much improved.

If you can't see that, then you might as well stop posting.

4. So what if he is turning 32. The dude can play. He is a stop gap, but a good one. We can win with him. He has opened things up for this offense and there is plenty of reason to believe that he can carry that over. He is a playmaker, and we will ride him till his wheels fall off, same way we did Kennison. You're choosing to look at the glass half emptey. That's on you, dude.

You're choosing to compare his career to Eddie Kennison's, just like some people are choosing to compare Cassel's to Green's.

Well, that shit don't fly.

First off, Chambers numbers have been steadily declining due to injury and age. He has legal issues and marriage issues stemming with an affair with a 25 year-old girl, which is why he was cut by San Diego. She's been charged with 11 misdemeanors. Furthermore, there is absolutely NO guarantee that he'll even want to return and quite honestly, I'd hate to see him get a contract and revert to his lame ass ways in San Diego.

This team should be focused on developing YOUTH, not rehabbing old FUCKS.

BossChief
12-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Better check these stats out. He still has 2 games left this season.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jaredallen/profile?id=ALL454745

I was talking about his time in KC. I should have specified that but it didnt enhance my side of the conversation.ROFL

BossChief
12-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Are you ****ING KIDDING ME? Charles contributed a SHIT TON last year, when he was HEALTHY. Unfortunately, he had issues all year long with his hamstring.

JFC, you act like all of the sudden, after 4 years of college and one in the NFL, the guy woke up and was a good back.

And Studebaker? Again, do you know ANYTHING about these Chiefs? Studebaker was signed LATE in the season off of Philly's practice squad. He's a DIVISION III PLAYER. Not D-I, not D-IA, not D-II. Division THREE. And he was only with the Chiefs for their final 6 games.

****!

LMAO

His numbers are nearly IDENTICAL to his numbers as a DE. And apparently, you didn't watch the Cleveland game because were do you think those 300 rushing yards came from?

Rudy sucks ass. Unreal

You're so ****ing full of shit. Seriously.

Potential right guards? First off, Wade Smith is THE BEST center, right guard, left guard and right tackle on this football team, bar none. Why he wasn't playing, let alone starting is ****ing beyond my comprehension. More proof that Haley can't evaluate talent.

Secondly, Nsukwe started 15 games at right guard last year for the Dolphins, yet the Chiefs played him out of position for weeks at right tackle. More proof of poor talent evaluation.

Richardson? Are you joking? When he filled in for Albert at left tackle, he did a tremendous job. The Browns had EIGHT SACKS of Rothlisberger yet one of Cassel with Richardson on the right side AND the running game was much improved.

You're choosing to compare his career to Eddie Kennison's, just like some people are choosing to compare Cassel's to Green's.

First off, Chambers numbers have been steadily declining due to injury and age. He has legal issues and marriage issues stemming with an affair with a 25 year-old girl, which is why he was cut by San Diego. She's been charged with 11 misdemeanors. Furthermore, there is absolutely NO guarantee that he'll even want to return and quite honestly, I'd hate to see him get a contract and revert to his lame ass ways in San Diego.

This team should be focused on developing YOUTH, not rehabbing old ****S.

Damn, you REALLY dont like it when people disagree with your opinions huh?

Geez Dane, cant a guy have hope anymore?

ToxSocks
12-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Are you ****ING KIDDING ME? Charles contributed a SHIT TON last year, when he was HEALTHY. Unfortunately, he had issues all year long with his hamstring.

****!

LMAO

Rudy sucks ass. Unreal

You're so ****ing full of shit. Seriously.

Potential right guards? First off, Wade Smith is THE BEST center, right guard, left guard and right tackle on this football team, bar none. Why he wasn't playing, let alone starting is ****ing beyond my comprehension. More proof that Haley can't evaluate talent.

This team should be focused on developing YOUTH, not rehabbing old ****S.

Dude, take a chill pill man, you get so worked up over nothing.

Anyhow.......How many big plays did Charles have last year vs this year? You going to tell me he isn't an improving player? And Studebaker, once again you claim he was a talent from last year. Last year, he proved nothing. You saying that he was a DIV III player only reiterates that he is improving, which is exactly what i said.......JFC GRRRR ARRRR! AHHHH!!!Im so Mad YOU FUCKING IDIOT ARRR!!!

Regarding Tamba: I never said he was a great player. But you seem to act like i said that. And yeah, they were running over Gilberry and the rook. How come no one runs 300+ yrds over him when Dorsey is in the game? You're just reaching for shit to argue with me about now. Face it dude, Hali is not a bad player, we can win with Hali. Accept it. Its ok.

And you claiming that Wade Smith is a good RG only reiterates what i was saying about Ndukwe. We needed him to play RT, because we already have guys that can play RG. And who is the best RT, Richardson or Smith? make up your mind.

Oh, ahem, ARGHHHH LMFAO!!!

And im Chambers will get over his marriage issues. You act like he is the first player to ever have a divorce, JFC ARRGHHH

Arghh

ToxSocks
12-22-2009, 03:21 PM
He's a 6th rounder from a Division III school. On a shit team like the Chiefs, who have absolutely no playoff hopes and whose primary mission SHOULD BE to find and build a youthful core of players, Mike Vrabel should be no where near the field except in the event of injury.

That's what is SO damn confusing about the direction of the current Chiefs:

There IS no direction.

PERIOD.

yeah, damn those Chiefs for trying to win games. Lets not put our smartest OLB on the field in an effort to improve the play of the other 10 guys on the field for the sake of this DIV III guy.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Damn, you REALLY dont like it when people disagree with your opinions huh?

Geez Dane, cant a guy have hope anymore?

Hope all you want.

The facts are the facts.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2009, 03:24 PM
yeah, damn those Chiefs for trying to win games. Lets not put our smartest OLB on the field in an effort to improve the play of the other 10 guys on the field for the sake of this DIV III guy.

Exactly. Let's not.

Studebaker has been a playmaker, period.

Vrabel has not.

Studebaker is under contract for the next three years.

Vrabel isn't under contract next season.

Studebaker is 24 years old.

Vrabel is 33 years old.

There is absolutely NO REASON for Mike Vrabel to be on the field with a 3-11 football team when it's quite possible that the younger guy is a better player with far more potential.

It's indefensible.

ToxSocks
12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Hope all you want.

The facts are the facts.

So what positives do you have about the current team right now? You have beaten CP to death with your pessimistic attacks day after day. If you are such an objective expert, i would like to see the positive side of your analysis. Honestly, not trying to be a dick, i really do.

Contrarian
12-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I personally don't agree with how Haley calls a game, or how he manages and handles his team.

But I will say this, he's a rookie head coach, and was given a crappy roster from the start. Im not trying to stick up for the guy, all Im trying to say is, it would be hard for most coaches to thrive under those circumstances.

I absolutely agree with ya.
We had lost 10 games up to the Browns game. We played terrible in all areas last week. I don't understand how most of you view this scenario? Did you think we were going to be good? And if you knew we were going to be bad why are you saying you want a coaching change? When obviously every piece of the puzzle doesn't fit yet. It's just stupid.
A late hired GM, a late hired coach, late hired assistants, rookies that don't perform and lack talent, and veterens on their way out.

Fish
12-22-2009, 03:57 PM
Well here's my Improvement List....

OLine improvement - The OLine actually has a little consistency at the moment. I didn't think they'd get much better after midseason, but they have. Slightly, but it's been enough to give the offense opportunities at least.

J. Charles - What a fucking breath of fresh air after the LJ BS. Charles is quietly and persistently kicking ass since LJ pouted off to Cincy. Even when he's stuck with less than perfect run blocking, he's making things happen. And teams are noticing his big play ability. With LJ, I always expected 15-20yds tops from his best play of the game. With Charles, he can take any random snap to the house. His plays has done wonders for the rest of the offense(Other than Cassel...).

Succop - Mr. Irrelevant has proven he is not. Keep those kickoffs deep...

Hali - I include him only because I didn't think he'd contribute at all. But he is what he is. He's hit his talent ceiling, but despite that we can find uses for his skillset.

Dorsey - He's been great this season for what he's overcome. It's no coincidence that the game he's out, we let some punk nobody wear away all the grass at Arrowhead.

Aggressive 4th down calls - I know Haley has misused it numerous times, but I still love to see us leading the league in 4th down attempts. I love this mindset, and when used correctly I think this can make a real difference in keeping the offense unpredictable. With as little as we have to lose, why not...

Brandon Carr - I'm still not sold on Carr, but I have to say he has improved over the course of the season. He's got some Dale Carter "Big play or big mistake" moments still. But he might hang on in the league after all.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2009, 03:58 PM
So what positives do you have about the current team right now? You have beaten CP to death with your pessimistic attacks day after day.

Fuck off if you can't deal with a realistic opinion.

I said back in May 2008 that the Chiefs would be 2-14. I was correct.

I said in May 2009, they'd be 4-12. We're yet to find out if that was right or wrong.

The bottom line is that unlike you and a select few members, I am objective. I don't see "Unicorns and Rainbows" when I look at this roster.

I don't see a competent head coach who makes sound decisions and plays his best players.

I don't see a competent first time GM, who with more than 45 player acquisitions, has failed to bring any long-term stability to the roster at any position and have failed miserably to bring a playmaker at any position to the team.

If you believe otherwise, I'd like to see actual factual proof because I can back up each and every claim I've made.

Can you?

If you are such an objective expert, i would like to see the positive side of your analysis. Honestly, not trying to be a dick, i really do.

Currently, the only true positive aspect of this team is the 2008 draft. Herm was given control of the draft and for the first time in decades, a foundation was put in place.

It's a damn shame that Scott Pioli couldn't add a fucking thing to this foundation.

Titty Meat
12-22-2009, 04:05 PM
I'll go on record and say Haley should be back next year.

ToxSocks
12-22-2009, 04:21 PM
**** off if you can't deal with a realistic opinion.

I said back in May 2008 that the Chiefs would be 2-14. I was correct.

I said in May 2009, they'd be 4-12. We're yet to find out if that was right or wrong.

The bottom line is that unlike you and a select few members, I am objective. I don't see "Unicorns and Rainbows" when I look at this roster.

I don't see a competent head coach who makes sound decisions and plays his best players.

I don't see a competent first time GM, who with more than 45 player acquisitions, has failed to bring any long-term stability to the roster at any position and have failed miserably to bring a playmaker at any position to the team.

If you believe otherwise, I'd like to see actual factual proof because I can back up each and every claim I've made.

Can you?

Currently, the only true positive aspect of this team is the 2008 draft. Herm was given control of the draft and for the first time in decades, a foundation was put in place.

It's a damn shame that Scott Pioli couldn't add a ****ing thing to this foundation.

Lol. Dude, you're hilarious.

If you predicted a 4-12 team, then why are you mad, lol? All of those issues you listed are symptoms of a 4-12 team. But you saw that coming right? So, you expected, a well coached, talented, 4-12 team? Uhm, ok. If we had everything going your way we wouldn't have a 4-12 season.

And i am not objective? YOU are not objective. Like i said i can put together a nice list of everything that is wrong with this team in conjunction with things that are right. Yet, you can only put together a list of shit that is wrong, yet you're objective? Uhm...ok.

And only a select few members have nothing positive to say about the team. Please......I am in the same exact boat as most on this forum. Just because no one else wants to debate with your stubborn, know-it-all ass doesn't mean that i am alone in my thinking.

I don't wear rainbow colored glasses, i know what this team is. We all do. Just because I don't join you in berrating this forum with negativity doesn't mean i don't know and acknowledge the teams many shortcomings. You pulled that conclusion out of your ass. I've never said this team is great, i never said this team was good. I never said i agreed with Pioli's draft, his F/A signings or Haley's game management. Did I? Yet you want to keep pretending like i've said such things in an effort to try to deter the fact that you are a pessimist. Face it dude. You act like im the first person to call you that.

I'm just calling it how i see it.

But of course, you're the only one who sees a bad team right? Because you know it all, and no positive comment could ever be right. Everything sucks in Dane's world. Pioli should be fired and this entire roster should just go with him after 14 games, right Dane?

And im sure YOU KNOW who Pioli attempted to sign, because you have Pioli's phone tapped, right? You don't know whether or not Pioli attempted to sign good vets. How many good vets would want to come to KC? Is the city enticing...eh no. The team enticing...eh no. The coach...eh, no. So, without overspending in your first year as a GM, how do you propose landing big F/A's?

would you like me to put together a list of shit that is wrong with this team? Will i be more objective in your eyes if i did that? hmm? Make you feel better?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2009, 04:26 PM
The fact that Cassel would even tell a reporter that with a straight face, even if his coaches gave him such a stupid evaluation, just further illustrates that he's part of the problem.

There isn't a fucking quarterback alive who could take that evaluation with a straight face if they had any pride or belief in a team concept.

That just screams "cover your ass".

Pitiful.

Sure as shit, they dropped the lead-in's to those questions:

Nothing like censoring press conferences...

Pitiful II

I'll go on record and say Haley should be back next year.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/sweeney_todd-haley-v2.jpg

ToxSocks
12-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Pitiful.

Pitiful II

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/sweeney_todd-haley-v2.jpg

Nice PhotoShop

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Nice PhotoShop

I wish I could take credit, but no such luck.

ToxSocks
12-22-2009, 05:05 PM
I wish I could take credit, but no such luck.

Ok, well since it isn't yours, they should've fixed the boo boo under Sweeny Todd. lol

Mecca
12-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Todd Haley needs 3 years to prove he is the worst coach in the NFL, we got rid of Herm and got worse, didn't think I'd be saying that.

gblowfish
12-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I think he should be fired.
I told him so.
He did not agree.

Mecca
12-22-2009, 05:17 PM
Well just remember George, it was all your fault just ask those WPI guys.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Lol. Dude, you're hilarious.

You're a moron.

I'm done responding to your bullshit little questions.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2009, 05:22 PM
I think he should be fired.
I told him so.
He did not agree.

LMAO Concur did not occur.

gblowfish
12-22-2009, 05:26 PM
LMAO Concur did not occur.

Haley says "No comment."

SPATCH
I wonder if Dane listens to scream-o music and cuts his wrists and lets the mascara run down his teary-eyed face...

guy has the rationale of a 14 year old girl

DaneMcCloud
I wonder if Dane listens to scream-o music and cuts his wrists and lets the mascara run down his teary-eyed face...

He has the rationale of a 14 year old girl

Go fuck yourself, cockbag.

You bring absolutely nothing to this forum.

Mecca
12-22-2009, 05:28 PM

guy has the rationale of a 14 year old girl

Do you listen to dashboard confessional as you try to get Pioli's nut out of your eye?

SPATCH
Go **** yourself, cockbag.

You bring absolutely nothing to this forum.

stickin to your guns

SPATCH
Do you listen to dashboard confessional as you try to get Pioli's nut out of your eye?

uhhhhh left field

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Haley says "No comment."

LMAO Chiefs Nation says "No Paycheck".

ToxSocks
12-22-2009, 06:08 PM
You're a moron.

I'm done responding to your bullshit little questions.

cuz you have nothing to say but the same ol retired ass bullshit you always spew. No surprise there

RedThat
12-22-2009, 07:00 PM
I've said that for YEARS in this forum.

So, you have owners like the Mara's, Rooney's, Krafts, DeBartolo's and Jones' that have multiple Super Bowls.

Then you have a team that hasn't won but three playoff games in 40 years, a team that went 15 straight years without a playoff appearance and a team that has now gone 16 years straight without a playoff win.

If the Mara's, Rooney's Kraft's, et al are "good owners" what does that make the owner of a team that has been virtually winless in the post-season for 40 years?

I have never been a big fan of Lamar Hunt. I've said it before on this forum, and others disagreed with me, and thats cool and all. But yeah, I think the facts really speak for themselves as far as the Chiefs being a losing franchise, and its directly linked to ownership no question.

hopefully, Clark is different from his dad, but Im not feeling all that optmistic about him either.

DeezNutz
12-22-2009, 07:11 PM
Haley says "No comment."

Thanks for the avi.

orange
12-22-2009, 07:16 PM
But, you don't fire someone after but one year. It is not the Hunt way and it is not the Pioli way, I am speculating.

http://images.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://www.thecabin.net/images/011200/chan___gailey_____.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGQPhoBi9u7pSpCTOgquR0Z6AbZ6g?

kcxiv
04-27-2010, 01:22 AM
I have never been a big fan of Lamar Hunt. I've said it before on this forum, and others disagreed with me, and thats cool and all. But yeah, I think the facts really speak for themselves as far as the Chiefs being a losing franchise, and its directly linked to ownership no question.

hopefully, Clark is different from his dad, but Im not feeling all that optmistic about him either.

No one is willing to give him a chance. Whats he supposed to do in 2 years running the show by himself? Chiefs fans are so used of losing, they just think everything is bad, they dont want to see if a new gm and new ownership can do anything. They arent even given a chance.

People are funny on this website that get all crazy about things and act as if they know more then the front office guys. There are so many ways to build teams and win with them, there is no one right formula. You just gotta get lucky on some picks and anything can happen. No one knows if their pick is going to turn out and make that leap to the next level. Anything can happen.

Sofa King
04-27-2010, 07:35 AM
did you just re-up a fight from 6 months ago?

Bugeater
04-27-2010, 07:37 AM
Yes he did, and I hope you're ready to throw down because you're part of it now.

OnTheWarpath15
04-27-2010, 08:52 AM

Not only that, but the premise of his side of the argument is fucked.

Clark Hunt has been running the show since before Lamar died.

That throws the "last 2 years" bit right out the window.

Hammock Parties
12-26-2010, 12:58 AM
In a perfect world, Haley would be fired.

http://www.nederhoed.com/weblog/media/seal_clubbing.jpg

FIRE THAT MOTHERFUCKER.

Fire him NOW.

Wait, I'm not clear on what you want. Say again?

kstater
12-26-2010, 06:45 AM
The answers to these questions are...nothing.

However we'll see answers that involve things like process, time, yadda yadda.

So Mecca, what would you think about those that consider those answers like process, time, yadda yadda now?

Evidently.

And it's not even that. Most of these gutless schmucks would bring the guy back if he were only on a 1-year deal. Because evidently 1 season isn't enough to recognize abysmal failure when it's staring right at you.

These people can enjoy their principled stance. They'll be the same folks that ease right into the mob in 2011 when the psychotic shit-for-brains we have coaching this team finally gets canned (you can actually witness this phenomenon firsthand with the folks that are only now slowly realizing that Cassel is nothing more than Matt Moore with a large contract).

Only 1.5 seasons too late...

Scott Pioli makes Carl Peterson look like a hybrid of Bill Walsh and Don Shula.

And again - I MFing hate Carl Peterson.

I had only planned on quoting the first one, then I found the second quote.

TheGuardian
12-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Now you see why I said that DJLN is the dumbest mother fucker on here?

Ralphy Boy
12-26-2010, 08:58 AM
Purely speculation on my part, but I'd say he's more inclined to keep those that he hired, replace the ones he didn't and demote Clancy but keep him on staff. He and Pioli could care less if the fans are out for blood.

Personally I think you grade each unit individually and those who are worthy keep their job. At some point, you have to be realistic and acknowledge that certain position coaches are better than others even though a good DB coach can't make up for a horrible DL coach. Clancy peaked as a DB coach; he's been coaching past his skill level ever since.

Though we don't actually have a DB coach, Ronnie Bradford is a defensive assistant who's worked with them this season. He's never been given the title of DB coach, but that could be because Clancy is going to move into the role, like he did in Dallas in 01 & 02.

Not sure which of these idiots thought that getting rid of Pollard was a good idea, and they should lose a testical for it, but all in all that group has been pretty well coached. I haven't looked at how many deep passes we've given up, we're ranked #19 in total passing yards yet we've only got 19 sacks. That makes me think that if we had some QB pressure, the passing game would improve pretty easily. Those 19 sacks happen to be the 2nd lowest total in the league and 28 teams have 25 or more this season.

We are tied for the #22 spot in interceptions, with 11, but teams are completing 59.1% of their passes against us and have a 89.6 QB rating. Having all day to throw obviously results in higher stats in those areas. Slow safeties play a factor too. Then again, when you are playing a team that's ranked #31 in rushing yards allowed, why pass?

Bill Muir probably deserves some credit for coaching the crap he inherited and showing progress as the season has gone on. Cassel was sacked 24 times in the first 7 games compared to 17 times in the last 7.

Fire the WR coach (Dedric Ward and Richie Anderson). There is no way you lead the league in dropped passes and don't fire the WR coach.

Just saying that when you are as bad as we are, you take baby steps and you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Every time someone brings up a thread from the past I immediately think "Oh great, what did I say on this thread that I'm gonna regret?" Thankfully on this thread there isn't much, but Haley & co have certainly done a much better job than I would have expected.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2010, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=kstater;7288362]So Mecca, what would you think about those that consider those answers like process, time, yadda yadda

Jeez, no wonder the guy went into hiding. I've seen alot of fail here, but he set the bar in the last year or so.

Marcellus
12-26-2010, 09:57 AM
[quote=kstater;7288362]So Mecca, what would you think about those that consider those answers like process, time, yadda yadda

Jeez, no wonder the guy went into hiding. I've seen alot of fail here, but he set the bar in the last year or so.

Mecca isn't close to being the biggest dumbass in this thread.

Full of total fail.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2010, 10:02 AM
[quote=PGM;7288449]

Mecca isn't close to being the biggest dumbass in this thread.

Full of total fail.

I know and I don't think he is a dumbass at all, but was he right about anything?

Marcellus
12-26-2010, 10:13 AM
I know and I don't think he is a dumbass at all, but was he right about anything?

No he wasn't but he also isn't telling people they are stupid *****.

Not a 1 of the 4 horsemen appear to have many (and in some cases none) correct posts thoughts or opinions in this thread.

Yet they know more than you do and as I have seen stated and backed up by other horsemen, they are better than you, end of story.

Pablo
12-26-2010, 10:18 AM
LMAO

These threads are going to be bumped forever, aren't they?

Hammock Parties
12-26-2010, 10:19 AM
LMAO

These threads are going to be bumped forever, aren't they?

When we're 7-9 next year the drafturbators will bump them.

Pasta Little Brioni
12-26-2010, 10:20 AM
[quote=PGM;7288504]

No he wasn't but he also isn't telling people they are stupid *****.

Not a 1 of the 4 horsemen appear to have many (and in some cases none) correct posts thoughts or opinions in this thread.

Yet they know more than you do and as I have seen stated and backed up by other horsemen, they are better than you, end of story.

I like many of thier takes, but it's been a rough year for those guys.

Pablo
12-26-2010, 10:20 AM
When we're 7-9 next year the drafturbators will bump them.True story.

Marcellus
12-26-2010, 10:22 AM

Lol, no shit, its a vicious circle.

I do love the immediate defense they go into about - "Is this all CP is about now? Proving people wrong for having an opinion?"

LMAO

Pablo
12-26-2010, 10:25 AM

I do love the immediate defense they go into about - "Is this all CP is about now? Proving people wrong for having an opinion?"

LMAOLOL.

I'm pretty sure that's all CP has ever been about; since I've been here at least.

I could count the number of civil football conversations on one hand.

Saul Good
12-26-2010, 10:28 AM

LMAO

Yep. CP was way better when you couldn't make a post in a thread anywhere on the forum that disagreed with anything they had to say without being called a stupid MF'er.

milkman
12-26-2010, 10:41 AM
LOL.

I'm pretty sure that's all CP has ever been about; since I've been here at least.

I could count the number of civil football conversations on one hand.

There was a time when we did have civil discusssions.

There was a time when namecalling was virtually non existent.

At some point, name calling became much more prevalent, and speaking for myself only, I responded in kind, and it became a part of the every day debates.

Deberg_1990
12-26-2010, 10:45 AM

At some point, name calling became much more prevalent, and speaking for myself only, I responded in kind, and it became a part of the every day debates.

Sounds like a moderator problem.

Marcellus
12-26-2010, 10:45 AM

I can only think of 3 people who call people names on a consistent basis. '

I have been guilty of being drawn into it and have mad a very concerted effort to not do that even when "debating" with the master name caller.

SAUTO
12-26-2010, 11:09 AM

Bound to happen, look at the falcons if you want the model.....
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
12-26-2010, 11:13 AM
Bound to happen, look at the falcons if you want the model.....
Posted via Mobile Device

It's a possibility, because the schedule will be tougher.

However, I also don't believe that one can look at another franchise and point to it as a model for how things will play out.

SAUTO
12-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Falcons had a good year then regressed. Now came back stronger. That's how I can see it playing out.It's a possibility, because the schedule will be tougher.

However, I also don't believe that one can look at another franchise and point to it as a model for how things will play out.
Posted via Mobile Device

LaChapelle
12-26-2010, 11:21 AM
Who will bring you back Whitlock

Marcellus
12-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Falcons had a good year then regressed. Now came back stronger. That's how I can see it playing out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Cassel has already had his sophomore slump, last year. :p

It occurred to me that if we go 11-5 this year year he would have done that 2 out of 3 years a starter (minus the 1st half of the KC game in 2008).

It's a team game and it's not all him by any means but, impressive anyway.

milkman
12-26-2010, 11:22 AM
Falcons had a good year then regressed. Now came back stronger. That's how I can see it playing out.
Posted via Mobile Device

I can as easily see the Chiefs making a couple of picks in the draft, and possibly adding a free agent acquisition, that improves the overall talent, which, in turn, improves the team and continues the upswing.

SAUTO
12-26-2010, 11:35 AM
Team regressed not just the qb. Hence the falcons had a good year then regressed lol . Btw merry christmas marcellus.Cassel has already had his sophomore slump, last year. :p

It occurred to me that if we go 11-5 this year year he would have done that 2 out of 3 years a starter (minus the 1st half of the KC game in 2008).

It's a team game and it's not all him by any means but, impressive anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
12-26-2010, 11:37 AM
I can see this side of it too. just trying to not set myself up to be disappointed. I can as easily see the Chiefs making a couple of picks in the draft, and possibly adding a free agent acquisition, that improves the overall talent, which, in turn, improves the team and continues the upswing.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
12-26-2010, 11:46 AM
I can see this side of it too. just trying to not set myself up to be disappointed.
Posted via Mobile Device

With Atlanta, you did see Matt Ryan have a sophmore slump, of sorts, but you also saw John Abraham stuggle through some injuries, and Michael Turner struggle through some conditioning issues and injuries, as well.

I don't think conditioning is going to be an issue for any of these players, and, while injuries are always a concern, the fact that the key components are younger than Abraham, it's a not something that I'm going to fret over and worry about.

SAUTO
12-26-2010, 12:00 PM
Lol this conversation is backwards isn't it? This season has been great.With Atlanta, you did see Matt Ryan have a sophmore slump, of sorts, but you also saw John Abraham stuggle through some injuries, and Michael Turner struggle through some conditioning issues and injuries, as well.

I don't think conditioning is going to be an issue for any of these players, and, while injuries are always a concern, the fact that the key components are younger than Abraham, it's a not something that I'm going to fret over and worry about.
Posted via Mobile Device

Reerun_KC
12-26-2010, 12:02 PM
The biggest thing I noticed the most about this thread is how ilrelevant Whitlock has become in KC...

jAZ
12-26-2010, 01:11 PM
This thread is reason #265 why people with amateur opinions (myself, and everyone posting on this board) need to not take themselves and their football opinions very seriously, ever. There is a reason we don't get paid to do this stuff.

So much hate tied into justifying your position. We don't have any idea the complexities that go into building a team. It's easy to ignore that fact, but it's still a fact.

jAZ
12-26-2010, 01:24 PM

Sounds like a moderator problem.

That was 10 years ago. This place has been a a-hole competition since early on.