PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Whitlock: Why should the Chiefs bring Haley back?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tribal Warfare
12-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Why should the Chiefs bring Haley back? (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1642298.html)
By JASON WHITLOCK
The Kansas City Star

I’m not arguing that Todd Haley should be fired. I’m wondering what’s the justification for bringing him back.

Loyalty? Fairness?

You throw them overboard with the waiting list for season-ticket holders. Anyone arguing the Chiefs have made progress this season hasn’t heard about what happened inside Arrowhead Stadium on Sunday when the Cleveland Browns visited.

On a day when Cleveland quarterback Brady Quinn threw for 66 yards and two interceptions, the Browns rumbled for 351 yards on the ground and surpassed the 40-point barrier in a 41-34 victory over Haley’s Chiefs.

Keep in mind, the Browns are in the process of wooing Mike Holmgren to take over their organization and can embattled head coach Eric “Dead Man Coaching” Mangini. The Browns are bad. The Chiefs are worse.

It took a total team effort to give Cleveland a road victory.

“When you allow two returns for touchdowns, that’s generally not going to end up being a good thing,” Haley said, scolding the special-teams unit that allowed Josh Cribbs to find the end zone twice on kickoff returns.

“When you drop nine balls, and we had 39 to 40 by the NFL’s count going into this game — 50-plus by my count — it’s going to be very difficult,” Haley said, scolding his receivers for their inability to catch.

“When you allow a team to run the football the way they were able to run the football, you’re not going to have much of a chance to win,” Haley said, scolding a defensive unit that has surrendered 800-plus rushing yards in its last three games at Arrowhead Stadium.

That’s all three units, folks. Special teams. Offense. And defense.

It’s Christmas, and all three phases of Haley’s team are in disarray.

We’ve spent so much time focusing on the shortcomings within Kansas City’s roster, we’ve failed to mention that it’s likely Haley will overhaul his entire coaching staff, too.

You think Clancy Pendergast is coming back as defensive coordinator after some kid named Jerome Harrison gained 286 yards and finished 10 yards shy of the NFL’s all-time rushing record? We know Haley is a hothead. He booted his most qualified assistant (Chan Gailey) before the season. He’s already demoted a receivers coach. He benches receivers when his mood dictates.

Come on, you know Haley’s instincts will tell him to fire everyone except his wingman, Maurice Carthon. Haley can argue that he got this head-coaching position so late last offseason that he was unable to lure top-flight assistants.

Will top assistants want to come work for Haley this offseason? Let’s don’t even deal with the damage Haley has done to his reputation with his wild-man coaching routine and his handling of Gailey. Why would a top assistant come to KC when Haley is going to enter next season on the hot seat?

You know who would come? A coach with ties to Scott Pioli; a coach who thinks he could be the interim head coach if Haley gets fired six weeks into the season. Charlie Weis. Romeo Crennel.

Yes, more of the Patriots Way. A continuation of the flawed philosophy that you can export a winning culture from one city to another. Winning produces its own unique culture wherever it lands.

Let me get back on topic. I’m not saying Todd Haley should be fired. I’m wondering what’s the justification for bringing him back.

Mike Shanahan appears to be headed to Washington. Mike Holmgren apparently is going to take over Cleveland’s front office. Bill Cowher might rejoin the coaching ranks. The Chiefs are going to stand pat with Haley?

What has he shown us that gives us confidence he’ll hire a competent coaching staff? And if the Chiefs are going to be starting over with a new assistant-coaching staff, why not just start all the way over with a new head coach?

I did not say fire Todd Haley. I’m searching for reasons to bring him back. Right now, loyalty and fairness come to mind.

Scott Pioli stuck Haley with a craptastic roster. The stupidity of playing all season with special-team players masquerading as starting linebackers and safeties has caught up with the Chiefs the last month. And so has playing musical waiver wire at receiver.

Haley’s defenders can argue quite persuasively that he hasn’t been given a fair shot. Haley’s critics could argue that Haley has made a bad situation worse.

I’m not arguing anything. And I’m cool with Haley coming back ... as long as he realizes he has to make a boatload of fundamental changes to his coaching approach.

DBOSHO
12-20-2009, 11:25 PM
Im sorry, but i dont seethe difference in "he shouldnt be fired, but why should he be back?"

also, he should be fired.

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 11:29 PM
The "I don't have a stance" column.

Brilliant.

Weak. Weak. Weak.

AZChief
12-20-2009, 11:29 PM
is there a point to this article? usually not a fatlock basher but this was a sub-par effort.

for the first time, i'm leaning towards wanting haley replaced. this team has not improved one iota this season and talent is only a part of the problem...

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2009, 11:31 PM
There is no reason to retain Haley other than the fact he's under contract for 4 more seasons.

I hope that's not a good enough reason.

L.A. Chieffan
12-20-2009, 11:34 PM
Whats the justification? Not looking like idiots for hiring him in the first place.

Knob
Bring back Bernard Pollard after Todd is gone please

TRR
There is no reason to retain Haley other than the fact he's under contract for 4 more seasons.

It takes time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
12-20-2009, 11:35 PM
This is basically him saying Todd Haley should be fired but doing in a way to not make people react because most people won't want to fire a guy after 1 year even though he's been laughably bad.

Brock
12-20-2009, 11:36 PM
This is basically him saying Todd Haley should be fired but doing in a way to not make people react because most people won't want to fire a guy after 1 year even though he's been laughably bad.

So, basically nutless journalism.

KCDC
12-20-2009, 11:38 PM
It's unlikely that a head coach gets fired after one year with the hand Haley was dealt. Haley has made major blunders, no doubt. He thought his ego alone could turn the mediocre into talent. He tried to do it all, and he did it poorly, mostly. But, you don't fire someone after but one year. It is not the Hunt way and it is not the Pioli way, I am speculating.

I think JW put his finger on it. Blame the assistant coaches. If you bring back Haley, you need to show blood to the fans in order to prove that you are sincere about changing losing ways. You start with the assistants. If the failure continues, then you can make a change at the top.

As much as I'd like wholesale change in the coaching and the players, I don't think it will happen. We had hoped, going in to 2009, that this would be a two year process. What we are seeing is that this could be much more, sadly.

smittysbar
12-20-2009, 11:38 PM
It takes time.
Posted via Mobile Device

But does it scare you that the more time we have to see him and this team, that they are getting worse?

kcxiv
12-20-2009, 11:40 PM

We have seen him have it out for people before. This is a different angle and i didnt mind this at all. I was saying towards the end of the game its time for Haley to go. 2 weeks ago i was like whatever happens this season i am ok with Haley coming back, but 2 weeks later thinking hey, Pitt isnt as good as we thought and our win was pure luck not us getting better.

I just dont see a reason to keep haley. Has the defense gotten better? how about the team as a whole? i just dont see anything outside of the online getting better. Jamal is a good guy, but i still worry about his fumbling, but We just did not get better as a team as the season went on.

KurtCobain
12-20-2009, 11:40 PM

There does seem to be a nutless void down there..

CaliforniaChief
12-20-2009, 11:41 PM
There's still 2 weeks left in the season.

If the disaster continues, and we have no reason to believe it won't, the temperature of Haley's seat would grow warmer.

Having said that, I think he'll get at least another year.

Brock
12-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Probably all the assistants will have to go.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2009, 11:43 PM
It takes time.
Posted via Mobile Device

It takes time to do what?

Fire him?

Or are we all supposed to sit back and watch this team be horribly coached by a man who isn't ready and doesn't deserve to be a head coach in the NFL just because he's under contract?

In a perfect world, Haley would be fired.

DaneMcCloud
12-20-2009, 11:44 PM
Probably all the assistants will have to go.

Except Krumrie.

He's got a lifetime contract.

DJ's left nut
12-20-2009, 11:44 PM
"HE JUST NEEDS MORE TIME!!!!!"

[/pioli-smoker]

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 11:46 PM
In his interview on 810 last week, Pioli said that he firmly believes that a HC must determine his own coaching staff.

But let's say Haley is brought back. He'd have to gut damn near his entire staff, whether he wants to or not. So is Pioli, in year 2, potentially going to want to go against one of his core beliefs?

What does that say about the overall quality of the HC if there are already this many problems?

3. So far that's the only quantifiable number anyone can use to claim that there has been progress.

And I'm not buying it. If Herm were still coaching this team, his sorry ass would have won three games with this group.

Bane
12-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Well if Haley goes,why the Fukk keep Pisoli? Oh yeah cause he's a GENIUS.......I remember now.Didn't he hand pick Haley?Fukk it,if 1 goes after 1 season IMO they can all go.

Knob
12-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Cowher and Pioli have been in contact

DJ's left nut
12-20-2009, 11:51 PM
It takes time to do what?

Fire him?

Or are we all supposed to sit back and watch this team be horribly coached by a man who isn't ready and doesn't deserve to be a head coach in the NFL just because he's under contract?
In a perfect world, Haley would be fired.

Evidently.

And it's not even that. Most of these gutless schmucks would bring the guy back if he were only on a 1-year deal. Because evidently 1 season isn't enough to recognize abysmal failure when it's staring right at you.

These people can enjoy their principled stance. They'll be the same folks that ease right into the mob in 2011 when the psychotic shit-for-brains we have coaching this team finally gets canned (you can actually witness this phenomenon firsthand with the folks that are only now slowly realizing that Cassel is nothing more than Matt Moore with a large contract).

Only 1.5 seasons too late...

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 11:52 PM

I have no clue what you're basing this on, and maybe it should be its own thread for discussion.

But what's the general thought process of the Planet on Cowher?

I'd take him in an instant. Right now. Others?

CaliforniaChief
12-20-2009, 11:53 PM
Except Krumrie.

He's got incriminating pictures of Clark Hunt's wife and Tiger Woods.

FYP

RedThat
12-20-2009, 11:53 PM
I personally don't agree with how Haley calls a game, or how he manages and handles his team.

But I will say this, he's a rookie head coach, and was given a crappy roster from the start. Im not trying to stick up for the guy, all Im trying to say is, it would be hard for most coaches to thrive under those circumstances.

Brock
12-20-2009, 11:54 PM
I have no clue what you're basing this on, and maybe it should be its own thread for discussion.

But what's the general thought process of the Planet on Cowher?

I'd take him in an instant. Right now. Others?

Well, hell yeah. I'd take Marty Schottenheimer back in an instant at this point.

Bane
12-20-2009, 11:54 PM

:facepalm:

Sure-Oz
12-20-2009, 11:55 PM
Haley should've never fired gailey, the egomaniac cant even run a damn team let alone the offense as well

DeezNutz
12-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Well, hell yeah. I'd take Marty Schottenheimer back in an instant at this point.

We're so low that it might take another type of Marty-like revival--someone to help this franchise walk again.

For grins, I asked this in another thread and heard crickets: How many games would Cowher have won this season with this exact same roster? More? Less? The same?

Sure-Oz
12-20-2009, 11:58 PM
We're so low that it might take another type of Marty-like revival--someone to help this franchise walk again.

For grins, I asked this in another thread and heard crickets: How many games would Cowher have won this season with this exact same roster? More? Less? The same?

It would help also if our QB wasn't a dumbass, this is the 80's chiefs the way they play

im sick of losing, jamaal charles is the only reason to watch it seems, oh and chambers

Bane
12-21-2009, 12:00 AM
It would help also if our QB wasn't a dumbass, this is the 80's chiefs the way they play

im sick of losing, jamaal charles is the only reason to watch it seems, oh and chambers

And Succop.ROFL
All the drafts we fukked up over the years and he may be the best pick since JA.Priceless.:facepalm:

Jerm
12-21-2009, 12:01 AM
The question for me is, what reputable and good HC is actually going to want to come in and take over this shitfest?

I mean Holmgren looks like he's headed to the Browns but they had to way overpay him and give him total control for it to happen....two things that aren't happening in KC.

Don't see Cowher coming here, Shanahan will go to Washington or Dallas IMO, and could we get Gruden here?

Just don't see it.

Having said that, seeing where this season has gone and that little to no progress has been made I would find it hard to begrudge Pioli for whacking Haley....changes or no changes.

Sure-Oz
12-21-2009, 12:01 AM
And Succop.ROFL
All the drafts we fukked up over the years and he may be the best pick since JA.Priceless.

That was definetly not a genious pick, basically a lucky stab with the last pick in teh draft. definetly an abortion year but we got lucky with him

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 12:02 AM

Cassel played well today, at least that's the word on these here intrawebz. I watched a different game, where some unidentified douche's flutterball was wildly inconsistent.

DBOSHO
12-21-2009, 12:02 AM
The fact that a guy who has never even heard of himself put up almost 300 yards on us tells me all i need to know about haley.

Please GTFO.

Bane
12-21-2009, 12:03 AM
That was definetly not a genious pick, basically a lucky stab with the last pick in teh draft. definetly an abortion year but we got lucky with him

Yeah Im just saying of all the picks for us to get a sleeper on,the last pick of the draft?I love it.:clap:

Sure-Oz
12-21-2009, 12:04 AM
Cassel played great today, at least that's the word on these here intrawebz. I watched a different game, where some unidentified douche's flutterball was wildly inconsistent.

Yeah he was awesome throwing for over 300 yards and 2 tds, and completing 22-40 passes. Throwing a fucking hail mary on the last play and then a check down pass to a blocking RB is hilarious. He better fucking find a clue this offseason. He was lucky that he didn't have atleast 1 INT today

i hate this team

Bane
The fact that a guy who has never even heard of himself put up almost 300 yards on us tells me all i need to know about haley.

Please GTFO.

ROFL
Thats pitiful,no doubt.

Sure-Oz
Yeah Im just saying of all the picks for us to get a sleeper on,the last pick of the draft?I love it.:clap:

Mr. irrelevant doesn't get paid shit either, def. the team MVP along with Charles

Brock
12-21-2009, 12:05 AM
The defense quit today. This is as bad as anything I've seen in 30 years with this team.

Sure-Oz
12-21-2009, 12:06 AM
The defense quit today. This is as bad as anything I've seen in 30 years with this team.

I loved watching DJ chase Harrison on his last TD today...the defense is slow and pathetic. I can't believe they allowed a nobody to run over them all day

bigbucks24
12-21-2009, 12:08 AM
In his interview on 810 last week, Pioli said that he firmly believes that a HC must determine his own coaching staff.

But let's say Haley is brought back. He'd have to gut damn near his entire staff, whether he wants to or not. So is Pioli, in year 2, potentially going to want to go against one of his core beliefs?

What does that say about the overall quality of the HC if there are already this many problems?

3. So far that's the only quantifiable number anyone can use to claim that there has been progress.

And I'm not buying it. If Herm were still coaching this team, his sorry ass would have won three games with this group.

To Whitlock's point, what coaches are going to work for haley next year? Let's forget how he treats people for now. For all we know, he might treat people well to their face and only goes taz devil on the sidelines. But if you were a coach from another team, would you come here knowing that Haley is on the hot seat and if he fails, he will be canned as well as you? Is it worth moving for what could very possible be one and done? If you were the QB coadh for the Cowboys and Haley offered you the OC position, would you take it, knowing full well you could be unemployed in a year?

DJ's left nut
12-21-2009, 12:08 AM

And got rid of a guy just as good as him in Conner Barth.

The Succop pick yields 0 points for Pioli.

Sure-Oz
12-21-2009, 12:10 AM

We should feel lucky he didn't release Jamaal Charles cause of his fumble issues

Bane
12-21-2009, 12:11 AM
Mr. irrelevant doesn't get paid shit either, def. the team MVP along with Charles

I just think its bad when the one position you don't have to worry about is the one you filled with the very last pick of the draft.:shake:

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 12:11 AM
To Whitlock's point, what coaches are going to work for haley next year? Let's forget how he treats people for now. For all we know, he might treat people well to their face and only goes taz devil on the sidelines. But if you were a coach from another team, would you come here knowing that Haley is on the hot seat and if he fails, he will be canned as well as you? Is it worth moving for what could very possible be one and done? If you were the QB coadh for the Cowboys and Haley offered you the OC position, would you take it, knowing full well you could be unemployed in a year?

Yeah, these are good questions. In short, if you have a lame duck coach, you should fire him and move on, period.

DBOSHO
12-21-2009, 12:12 AM

Why keep 2 kickers? Expecially one with a weaker leg?

DJ's left nut
12-21-2009, 12:17 AM
Yeah, these are good questions. In short, if you have a lame duck coach, you should fire him and move on, period.

It's an especially thin limb for guys like Crennel and Weiss.

If Cassel is truly as bad as he's shown this season and we aren't able to completely rebuild our LB corps (seeing as how dicksmoke wasted the entire 2009 offseason), we're still a 5 win team at best, and then if Haley goes, Crennel and Weiss are guys coming off repeat failures w/ Bill Belichick on their resume.

The Belichick tag is quickly becoming the 'Tedford QB' tag of NFL coordinators and staff. McDaniels may or may not be Aaron Rodgers, but I'm pretty sure that we drew Trent Dilfer in Scott Pioli, I'm not exactly looking for Joey Harrington and Akili Smith.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2009, 12:20 AM
Why keep 2 kickers? Expecially one with a weaker leg?

My point being that all we did in drafting Succop was replace the guy we cut.

And no, Barth does not have a weaker leg, as evidenced by Barth's 3 50+ makes a few weeks back.

Had we never made the Succop pick, we'd still have Barth and we'd still be the exact same club. In other words, all Succop's success has done is mask the fact that he cut a pretty good kicker in his own right.

The Chiefs are no better off because Ryan Succop was drafted.

DBOSHO
12-21-2009, 12:23 AM
My point being that all we did in drafting Succop was replace the guy we cut.

And no, Succop does not have a weaker leg, as evidenced by Barth's 3 50+ makes a few weeks back.

Had we never made the Succop pick, we'd still have Barth and we'd still be the exact same club. In other words, all Succop's success has done is mask the fact that he cut a pretty good kicker in his own right.

The Chiefs are no better off because Ryan Succop was drafted.

Wait...succop doesnt have a weaker leg because barth made 50+ kicks?

I get what you are saying, but im ok with drafting a stud kicker with the last pick.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 12:26 AM
People will do anything to bash Whitlock.

He's making a pretty common rhetorical move. Rather than state your case, have the other side state theirs. What evidence is there that Todd Haley deserves to coach this team next year? What has he done to prove that he's qualified to do anything other than work as a trainer on The Biggest Loser?

I asked a similar question earlier today about Pioli. What has he done in KC to show you that he knows anything about personnel evaluation?

Sure-Oz
12-21-2009, 12:28 AM

He's making a pretty common rhetorical move. Rather than state your case, have the other side state theirs. What evidence is there that Todd Haley deserves to coach this team next year? What has he done to prove that he's qualified to do anything other than work as a trainer on The Biggest Loser?

I asked a similar question earlier today about Pioli. What has he done in KC to show you that he knows anything about personnel evaluation?

I hope he isn't our football version of Dayton Moore, not a good 1st year

Mecca
12-21-2009, 12:29 AM

The answers to these questions are...nothing.

However we'll see answers that involve things like process, time, yadda yadda.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Wait...succop doesnt have a weaker leg because barth made 50+ kicks?

I get what you are saying, but im ok with drafting a stud kicker with the last pick.

But Succop's not really a 'stud' kicker. He's just another kicker in a sea of decet kickers. He looks great by comparison because the rest of our draft is dogshit.

Break his #s down, he's making his bones off of chip shots.

He's 8 for 8 on kicks shorter than 30 yards.

He's 2-5 on kicks greater than 49.

In other words, on the gimme kicks that he damn well oughta be good; he is. On the long kicks where the true 'studs' show themselves to be difference makers, he's below average.

Even his game winner against Pitt was a 22 yarder, I'm hardly going to start on his Canton bust just yet on account of a glorified XP.

I wouldn't go calling us set at kicker just yet. I think we had a better one in Barth.

(and you're right, my first post didn't make much sense, it had a typo. I meant to say that Barth does not have a weaker leg)

Titty Meat
12-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Cam Cameron was fired after 1 season and the team did pretty good when he was fired

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 12:30 AM
It's an especially thin limb for guys like Crennel and Weiss.

If Cassel is truly as bad as he's shown this season and we aren't able to completely rebuild our LB corps (seeing as how dicksmoke wasted the entire 2009 offseason), we're still a 5 win team at best, and then if Haley goes, Crennel and Weiss are guys coming off repeat failures w/ Bill Belichick on their resume.

The Belichick tag is quickly becoming the 'Tedford QB' tag of NFL coordinators and staff. McDaniels may or may not be Aaron Rodgers, but I'm pretty sure that we drew Trent Dilfer in Scott Pioli, I'm not exactly looking for Joey Harrington and Akili Smith.

I think it's closer to Penn State running back.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2009, 12:31 AM

I asked that question 5 months ago.

And again 3 months ago.

The answer is evidently that I'm not a GM and should therefore STFU.

Titty Meat
12-21-2009, 12:31 AM
It's also worth mentioning the team that shit canned their GM and will fire the coach put up records aginst the Chiefs.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 12:33 AM
I hope he isn't our football version of Dayton Moore, not a good 1st year

That's exactly what it is, it couldn't be any more evident.

Second in command from a successful team comes in, makes a series of baffling moves, while the organization constantly stresses "players" over talent.

Is there really any difference between "The Right 53" and "25 Ross Gloads"? Of course not.

This is the same group who before the season said they thought they had the Right 53.

Guys like Larry Johnson
Bobby Engram
Monty Beisel
Mike Goff
Sean Ryan
Jake O'Connell

What a crock of shit.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2009, 12:34 AM
It's also worth mentioning the team that shit canned their GM and will fire the coach put up records aginst the Chiefs.

Mangini just needs more time!!!!

Kokinis just needed more time!!!!!

Don't you know that, given enough time, even the least able coaches and executives suddenly become great?

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I asked that question 5 months ago.

And again 3 months ago.

The answer is evidently that I'm not a GM and should therefore STFU.

It's not difficult to surmise how DJ's left nut feels about killing Scott Pioli, and uh, my own proclivities for killing Pioli are well known and oft-lamented facts of ChiefsPlanet lore.

T-post Tom
12-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Whitlock is spot on. And I liked the way he wrote it. It conveys his argument in a way that's more novel than the standard fire-the-head-coach.com type of onslaught commonly seen in this type of situation.

DaneMcCloud
12-21-2009, 12:37 AM
Bobby Petrino won three games in Atlanta before bailing.

WITHOUT a RB, WITHOUT a QB, WITHOUT a left tackle and WITHOUT fan support.

Haley needs to go.

Buh-Bye.

Hammock Parties
I think that's the first time I've seen "craptastic" in print.

DeezNutz

Fine if this were an open debate, but a terrible gesture, generally speaking, for a columnist.

With each column, he needs a more cogent, concise argument. If he had set this up as a type Part I, for example, I'd say ok, but as is, it's poorly written.

Perhaps he could have made the case. Presented the reasons for keeping Haley and developed these reasons a bit more...Something, anything.

bigbucks24
12-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Cam Cameron was fired after 1 season and the team did pretty good when he was fired

No. No. No. That was all luck. They played the NFC West. From 1-15 to 11-5 was only because of the easier schedule. It takes 1 full year to evaluate. No one could have turned this team around in 1 year (unless they got to play the NFC East and then it would only be because of luck.) It had nothing to do with a great judge of talent as a President of Football Operations. It had nothing to do with pick Ireland as a GM. Or Sporano as a HC. Or cutting Zach Thomas (one of the all-time favorite Dolphins) because he was tool old to fit the system. It had nothing to do with trading Jason Taylor (one of the all time favorite Dolphins) because he didn't buy into the new system. It had nothing to do with picking up a QB in free agency (cheap) and building a system around him that fits his talent (so he can finish 2nd in MVP). It had nothing to do with drafting a very good LT with the first pick in the draft and having him signed before the draft so he doesn't miss 1 minute of practice. Or nothing to do with implementing a system that covers up the weakness of the offensive line (wildcat). It's such a gimmick that nearly every NFL team runs it. Or drafting OL and DL in their first draft. Nope. It was all luck and don't you ever say otherwise.

Jerm
12-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Can anyone see Pioli busting the kill shot on Haley and then hiring........Mangini????

Oh Jesus Christ.

:huh:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Fine if this were an open debate, but a terrible gesture, generally speaking, for a columnist.

With each column, he needs a more cogent, concise argument. If he had set this up as a type Part I, for example, I'd say ok, but as is, it's poorly written.

Perhaps he could have made the case. Presented the reasons for keeping Haley and developed these reasons a bit more...Something, anything.

All he needed was to restate his title and follow it with two words: "They shouldn't."

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 12:42 AM
Can anyone see Pioli busting the kill shot on Haley and then hiring........Mangini????

Oh Jesus Christ.

:huh:

I'd go on sabbatical.

Jerm
12-21-2009, 12:42 AM
I'd go on sabbatical.

I'd probably fucking Cobain myself.

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 12:43 AM
All he needed was to restate his title and follow it with two words: "They shouldn't."

Then he would have had a thesis, and all would have been well.

But when I read, "I'm not arguing anything" from a columnist, I wonder who the fuck was sleeping at the editorial desk.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2009, 12:44 AM
Then he would have had a thesis, and all would have been well.

But when I read, "I'm not arguing anything" from a columnist, I wonder who the fuck was sleeping at the editorial desk.

I doubt anyone questions anything Whitlock writes.

DBOSHO
12-21-2009, 12:45 AM
Bobby Petrino won three games in Atlanta before bailing.

WITHOUT a RB, WITHOUT a QB, WITHOUT a left tackle and WITHOUT fan support.

Haley needs to go.

Buh-Bye.

Well obviously you cant play football without those positions.

TEX
12-21-2009, 12:48 AM
No. No. No. That was all luck. They played the NFC West. From 1-15 to 11-5 was only because of the easier schedule. It takes 1 full year to evaluate. No one could have turned this team around in 1 year (unless they got to play the NFC East and then it would only be because of luck.) It had nothing to do with a great judge of talent as a President of Football Operations. It had nothing to do with pick Ireland as a GM. Or Sporano as a HC. Or cutting Zach Thomas (one of the all-time favorite Dolphins) because he was tool old to fit the system. It had nothing to do with trading Jason Taylor (one of the all time favorite Dolphins) because he didn't buy into the new system. It had nothing to do with picking up a QB in free agency (cheap) and building a system around him that fits his talent (so he can finish 2nd in MVP). It had nothing to do with drafting a very good LT with the first pick in the draft and having him signed before the draft so he doesn't miss 1 minute of practice. Or nothing to do with implementing a system that covers up the weakness of the offensive line (wildcat). It's such a gimmick that nearly every NFL team runs it. Or drafting OL and DL in their first draft. Nope. It was all luck and don't you ever say otherwise.

I hear ya. Pioli and Haley could have IMPROVED the team in year 1 instead of making it WORSE.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Clearly Dane thinks we should hire Bobby Petrino.

What a fucking dumbass that Hollywood elitist is.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2009, 12:51 AM
I'd go on sabbatical.

I'm dangerously close to going on one anyway.

I found myself completely apathetic while watching today's game. It occured to me that, win or lose, I don't really care what happens with this team right now.

So why get so pissed off about it?

Unfortunately, I don't really have a backup NFL team. If the Lakers ever pissed me off to this level, I'd become a temporary OKC Thunder fan. If the Blues ever did this, I'd become a temporary Devils fan. If the Cardinals ever did this, I'd become an Angels fan (though the Cardinals would probably have to collectively rape my wife and kill my first-born).

I don't have any idea where I'd turn. If I did, I'd have probably already done so. I've never had this level of vitriole for a team I root for. This just sucks.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 12:56 AM
I'm able to tap into a bemused disgust while watching the games. It doesn't bother me when they lose, and I haven't really seen them play a game they deserved to win.

More than anything, I'm repulsed by the front office of this team, which thinks that there's an alchemical solution that flows from New England.

I'd love to watch these assholes crash and burn somewhere else, but it really fucking sucks that it's gonna happen here.

DBOSHO
12-21-2009, 12:57 AM

I found myself completely apathetic while watching today's game. It occured to me that, win or lose, I don't really care what happens with this team right now.

Unfortunately, I don't really have a backup NFL team. If the Lakers ever pissed me off to this level, I'd become a temporary OKC Thunder fan. If the Blues ever did this, I'd become a temporary Devils fan. If the Cardinals ever did this, I'd become an Angels fan (though the Cardinals would probably have to collectively rape my wife and kill my first-born).

I don't have any idea where I'd turn. If I did, I'd have probably already done so. I've never had this level of vitriole for a team I root for. This just sucks.

Put your trust in sir Thomas Brady.

DeezNutz

Welcome to my world in July of '09, days after the Betancourt trade when Dayton Moore went on 810 to explain the acquisition and "the process," yes, space fans, the mother****ing "process."

And what he proceeded to do was demonstrate that he was the most incompetent sack of shit that I've ever heard pass himself off as a GM. And I was struck with the horror of realizing that my beloved team was probably at least 4-5 years away from competing...that Moore would need to be fired first.

I was seriously bothered for days by this impressive kick to the nuts.

Hammock Parties
I'm able to tap into a bemused disgust while watching the games. It doesn't bother me when they lose, and I haven't really seen them play a game they deserved to win.

More than anything, I'm repulsed by the front office of this team, which thinks that there's an alchemical solution that flows from New England.

I'd love to watch these assholes crash and burn somewhere else, but it really fucking sucks that it's gonna happen here.

Wow, this post is NASTY.

ROFL

L.A. Chieffan
12-21-2009, 12:58 AM
we're gonna be fine guys, stop fucking around

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 01:02 AM
we're gonna be fine guys, stop ****ing around

http://smartpei.typepad.com/robert_patersons_weblog/images/2008/09/09/band.gif

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 01:02 AM
Most of the Chiefs fans right now are experiencing unknown weight loss, fatigue, diarrhea, and fever. But rather than go to the doctor and have to deal with the fact that they have cancer, they'll continue to put it off until they are so hopelessly consumed that they can't even function properly. They don't want to be sick, therefore they aren't sick.

Sorry kids, you've had a relapse of metastatic Carl Peterson.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2009, 01:03 AM
I take solace in the fact that we presently have some genuinely likeable excellent NFL clubs out there.

The Saints and Colts are incredibly easy to root for. The Vikes with Allen and Favre are a lot of fun to pull for as well. The Cardinals with Warner and Fitz, the Eagles with McNabb, Jackson and Maclin, even the Chargers with Rivers and Sproles (seriously, !@#$ you if you don't like Rivers, that dude is nails).

I've pretty much just become an NFL fan. I root against the Patriots, Ravens, Cowboys and Broncos (the Raiders don't deserve my angst) and that's pretty much what I'm left with. At least this isn't the 2002 season when the Raiders, Bucs, Jets, Browns and Giants were good and I was treated to a Sapp/Chucky v. the Raiders SB.

So I've got that going for me.

DJ's left nut
12-21-2009, 01:05 AM
Most of the Chiefs fans right now are experiencing unknown weight loss, fatigue, diarrhea, and fever. But rather than go to the doctor and have to deal with the fact that they have cancer, they'll continue to put it off until they are so hopelessly consumed that they can't even function properly. They don't want to be sick, therefore they aren't sick.

Sorry kids, you've had a relapse of metastatic Carl Peterson.

Scott Pioli makes Carl Peterson look like a hybrid of Bill Walsh and Don Shula.

And again - I MFing hate Carl Peterson.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-21-2009, 02:24 AM
That’s all three units, folks. Special teams. Offense. And defense.

There it was. Right there in the middle.

You're a crafty one JWhit, but I knows how to read ya'.

Titty Meat
12-21-2009, 03:06 AM

You're full of shit Herm could have won 5 games with this team.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-21-2009, 03:23 AM

That really IS the crux of this disaster. We've had all of ONE GAME to stand up, get on our feet, and yell at the top of our lungs at the TV because we were "in it to win it".

And then we find out that it was just a tease and a big fucking fluke. I've been hard on Haley, Pioli, and Cassel; VERY hard on those motherfuckers. And there's going to come a day when "Joe Blow's Way", "Give em a chance", and throwing 800 yards in a game while getting your ass fucking KICKED by a pile of shit team will no longer be enough for more people than the small number who gather here.

Let's throw the excuses out the door RIGHT NOW. I'll start:

Drafting Sanchez to this team would have been a cataclysmic disaster. Had he been thrown directly in to the mix with the Chiefs this season, his career would have been over before it began. And he might not ever amount to anything anyway. But I liked the way that he played in college, I liked the way he carried himself, and I liked the fact that he had humble roots too.
I figured he had not only the skills necessary to come in and elevate the QB play above Thigpen, but that he would be a fantastic persona and focal point to rally the team and the fans because like most of us; he didn't grow up with a silver spoon in his mouth, and he had to work harder and be better for everything he achieved. Does that sound like the midwest and Chiefs Football to you? It sure as fuck does to me.
But he's not doing well, and he chose to align himself with a team and a market that's going ride his ass with all the tenderness of a cheese-grater.

Good luck Mark.

So lets get to the Chiefs. As Hamas pointed out, and as I will now ask; how much more apathy can you take? How much more patience wrapped up in convenient excuses can you fool yourself with? Can you do another three years of this shit? At what point does the losing, brought on by bad decisions make you chuck your bottle of beer at your new Hi-Def TV and cause a ruckus in your world?
I've learned more about football here in one year-plus than I ever knew before. And let me tell you; it's been more of a curse than a blessing. In a way, I miss being naive. I was running around naked in the NFL Garden of Eden, hoping for more wins than losses, and trusting that the people in charge knew more than I, and that someday it would all come together and I could enjoy watching the Chiefs play competitive and WINNING football again.
Well, that shit is done and gone. Old ROR took that bite of apple and forever fucked himself. Maybe increasing my knowledge will pay off down the road when we have less than 40 positions that need talent upgrades, and we can focus on those needs in a rational manner and be thorough in our analysis because we're not a bunch of sailors on a sinking boat, trying to plug 40 hull-breaches as fast as we can.

At the end of the day, all I want is to wake up on Sunday and feel some excitement, hope, and God-willing some pride when the game is over.

I may not be here much longer. I want you all to know that I've enjoyed and appreciated the time I've spent here. I've learned much, made good friends, had epic battles and epic FAIL along the way, and had more fun than not. You can't really ask for more than that.

Jerm
12-21-2009, 03:36 AM
So lets get to the Chiefs. As Hamas pointed out, and as I will now ask; how much more apathy can you take? How much more patience wrapped up in convenient excuses can you fool yourself with? Can you do another three years of this shit? At what point does the losing, brought on by bad decisions make you chuck your bottle of beer at your new Hi-Def TV and cause a ruckus in your world?

Considering this season has been nothing more than an extension of the ABSOLUTE SHIT we saw from Herm/Carl I'm inclined to say not much at all....I'm at the end of my rope.

The fact that this has been branded as basically a year long tryout session and observation process is a ****ing disgrace and a complete slap in the face to all the fans.

I'm done with the excuses, I'm done with the ineptness, I'm done with the holier than thou attitudes, and most of all I'm done with the ****ING PROCESS that Todd spews about every week...sick of it.

Clark and Pioli better get their shit together and take note...this blackout wasn't just an aberration, if we continue to see this shit on the field week in and week out, Arrowhead will be a ****ing ghost town next season.

I like some things about Haley and think he has potential but if he was to get whacked at the end of the season, I wouldn't have a goddamn word to say...wouldn't bother me at all.

Ahhh that felt good.

the Talking Can
12-21-2009, 05:59 AM

it's crazy but i would too....

at least he'd leave us better than he found us....he'd get us organized

to the thread, i think there is 0 chance that pioli fires haley so....

SenselessChiefsFan
12-21-2009, 06:36 AM
I am typically in favor of giving a coach three years to turn it around unless he loses the team.

I am fine with him being fired. I hope he is fired.

The_Doctor10
12-21-2009, 07:42 AM
A tale told by an idiot, signifying nothing...

memyselfI
12-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Why?

The unemployment rate is already high enough.

He and his sideline antics provide entertainment value.

His nickname is 'the cleaner' because he cleared out the stadium providing opportunities for many non-season ticket holders to buy tickets.

Bottom line, I got nuthin.

suds79
12-21-2009, 08:12 AM
I just am having a hard time buying into the "You've got to give a HC X amount of time" argument when there's such huge upgrades out there.

You wouldn't do that from the player side would you?

I mean if Peyton Manning was somehow a FA, we wouldn't or shouldn't say ah we can't yank the starting job from Matt. He's only had one year.

That's what it's like for the HC class this year. Lots of proven SB talent out there.

Forget what's fair. Just try to upgrade the team as much as possible. Players & coaches.

burt
12-21-2009, 08:41 AM
I personally don't agree with how Haley calls a game, or how he manages and handles his team.

But I will say this, he's a rookie head coach, and was given a crappy roster from the start. Im not trying to stick up for the guy, all Im trying to say is, it would be hard for most coaches to thrive under those circumstances.

THis

Deberg_1990
12-21-2009, 08:43 AM
I'm just scared haley won't change, or is just too stubborn to change. Why take that chance? Cut your losses and move on clark and scott....
Posted via Mobile Device

burt
12-21-2009, 08:43 AM

and THIS

Dayze
12-21-2009, 08:52 AM
I wonder if Clark k nows we lost the game.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2009, 08:56 AM
I think the best thing that can happen at this point is for Pioli to sit down with Haley and tell him: (a) he needs to hire a competent OC, (b) he needs to hire a competent QB coach, (c) he's going to treat his coaches with respect and remember they are adults and likely have more coaching experience than he has, and (d) tell him he better be very careful with his hires because they will stay the course with whoever he chooses.

I just think the option of gutting things again at this point will set the team back another 3-4 years. You can't have three separate rebuilds and three different systems over 3 years.

Red Dawg
12-21-2009, 09:00 AM
This article was stupid. Coaches are not on the field. Players win games. Give Haley better players and the team will win. His offense in AZ scored alot of points so get him the WR's to run it and we'll be fine. Clancy I don't like, I hope they go get Romey, but he doesn't have good players either.

No coach in the NFL is such a bad teacher that a team would be this bad just because they are the coach. WE NEED GOOD PLAYERS!

Deberg_1990
12-21-2009, 09:01 AM
I think the best thing that can happen at this point is for Pioli to sit down with Haley and tell him: (a) he needs to hire a competent OC, (b) he needs to hire a competent QB coach, (c) he's going to treat his coaches with respect and remember they are adults and likely have more coaching experience than he has, and (d) tell him he better be very careful with his hires because they will stay the course with whoever he chooses.

I just think the option of gutting things again at this point will set the team back another 3-4 years. You can't have three separate rebuilds and three different systems over 3 years.

This is my argument...how does it set us back 3-4 years? We are already at rock bottom. Haley hasn't improved one area of the team. Not one. There is no justification to keep this turd. We are in the exact same position we were in last year at this time.
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Eddie Kinnison on 810:

"The Chiefs are already on vacation. Todd Haley lost those guys in...maybe...February."

Chiefnj2
12-21-2009, 09:14 AM
This is my argument...how does it set us back 3-4 years? We are already at rock bottom. Haley hasn't improved one area of the team. Not one. There is no justification to keep this turd. We are in the exact same position we were in last year at this time.
Posted via Mobile Device

You are going to sacrifice another draft class (no matter how bad you think it is/was) and put in new schemes for the third time in three years? Plus, look at teams that are continually changing coaches and coordinators - they aren't good. Sadly, I think it's better to stick with what they have to see if they can make it work.

CHIEFS58
12-21-2009, 09:33 AM
i swear hes just a darker version of peter king. useless.

RippedmyFlesh
12-21-2009, 09:40 AM

Sadly that seems to be the MO with the chiefs. Fuck they do that with asst coaches let alone head coaches.

thebrad84
12-21-2009, 11:51 AM
I wonder if Clark k nows we lost the game.

Surely he's read the New York Times sports section by now..

DaneMcCloud
12-21-2009, 12:24 PM

BULLSHIT.

Haley has made mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. There is absolutely NO reason to believe that he will magically "improve" as a head coach.

For FUCK'S SAKE, it took him 14 GODDAMN WEEKS to put the best offensive lineman on this roster on field! Did you SEE how much time Cassel had yesterday? Did you SEE his protection?

And FUCK, it took 14 WEEKS to get Cottam INVOLVED? Bradley INVOLVED? How many weeks did it take to get Charles INVOLVED?

He's a fucking ASS CLOWN. He's clueless as to personnel and he continually calls STUPID FUCKING PLAYS.

And to THINK that there were people around here bitching about AL SAUNDERS playcalling?

FIRE THAT MOTHERFUCKER.

Fire him NOW.

burt
12-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Did you SEE how much time Cassel had yesterday? Did you SEE his protection?

no.....I was blacked out........

Fish
12-21-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm taking the "Maybe" approach along with Dane....

ModSocks
12-21-2009, 12:34 PM
BULLSHIT.

Haley has made mistake after mistake after mistake after mistake. There is absolutely NO reason to believe that he will magically "improve" as a head coach.

For ****'S SAKE, it took him 14 GODDAMN WEEKS to put the best offensive lineman on this roster on field! Did you SEE how much time Cassel had yesterday? Did you SEE his protection?

And ****, it took 14 WEEKS to get Cottam INVOLVED? Bradley INVOLVED? How many weeks did it take to get Charles INVOLVED?

He's a ****ing ASS CLOWN. He's clueless as to personnel and he continually calls STUPID ****ING PLAYS.

And to THINK that there were people around here bitching about AL SAUNDERS playcalling?

FIRE THAT MOTHER****ER.

Fire him NOW.

Damn dude, calm your ass down.

14 weeks to get Bradley Involved? Are you fucking kidding me? Do you not watch him drop the ball every week? Who the hell wants Bradley involved?

And who is this magical offensive lineman that instantly gave Cassel time? I know you're not saying Barry Richardson right? because he looked like ass when he played with the first unit early in the season. And the O-Line has been improving every week, thanks to the improved play of Albert. To chalk it up to Richardson is a bit premature.

And lets not forget, these O-Linemen were playing the browns here.

What you fail to mention is that his play calling is improving every week. He has found things that work for this team. The hurry up O is pretty cool, the motion is a nice wrinkle. He knows how to run Jamal Charles.....The O looked way better with Bowe in there taking pressure off of Chambers. This O made strides, have been making strides.

Ralphy Boy
12-21-2009, 12:37 PM
I think JW put his finger on it. Blame the assistant coaches. If you bring back Haley, you need to show blood to the fans in order to prove that you are sincere about changing losing ways. You start with the assistants. If the failure continues, then you can make a change at the top.

Purely speculation on my part, but I'd say he's more inclined to keep those that he hired, replace the ones he didn't and demote Clancy but keep him on staff. He and Pioli could care less if the fans are out for blood.

Personally I think you grade each unit individually and those who are worthy keep their job. At some point, you have to be realistic and acknowledge that certain position coaches are better than others even though a good DB coach can't make up for a horrible DL coach. Clancy peaked as a DB coach; he's been coaching past his skill level ever since.

Though we don't actually have a DB coach, Ronnie Bradford is a defensive assistant who's worked with them this season. He's never been given the title of DB coach, but that could be because Clancy is going to move into the role, like he did in Dallas in 01 & 02.

Not sure which of these idiots thought that getting rid of Pollard was a good idea, and they should lose a testical for it, but all in all that group has been pretty well coached. I haven't looked at how many deep passes we've given up, we're ranked #19 in total passing yards yet we've only got 19 sacks. That makes me think that if we had some QB pressure, the passing game would improve pretty easily. Those 19 sacks happen to be the 2nd lowest total in the league and 28 teams have 25 or more this season.

We are tied for the #22 spot in interceptions, with 11, but teams are completing 59.1% of their passes against us and have a 89.6 QB rating. Having all day to throw obviously results in higher stats in those areas. Slow safeties play a factor too. Then again, when you are playing a team that's ranked #31 in rushing yards allowed, why pass?

Bill Muir probably deserves some credit for coaching the crap he inherited and showing progress as the season has gone on. Cassel was sacked 24 times in the first 7 games compared to 17 times in the last 7.

Fire the WR coach (Dedric Ward and Richie Anderson). There is no way you lead the league in dropped passes and don't fire the WR coach.

Just saying that when you are as bad as we are, you take baby steps and you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2009, 12:38 PM
BULLSHIT.

For ****'S SAKE, it took him 14 GODDAMN WEEKS to put the best offensive lineman on this roster on field! Did you SEE how much time Cassel had yesterday? Did you SEE his protection?

And ****, it took 14 WEEKS to get Cottam INVOLVED? Bradley INVOLVED? How many weeks did it take to get Charles INVOLVED?

He's a ****ing ASS CLOWN. He's clueless as to personnel and he continually calls STUPID ****ING PLAYS.

FIRE THAT MOTHER****ER.

Fire him NOW.

7 more drinks for a Monday afternoon.

ModSocks
12-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Purely speculation on my part, but I'd say he's more inclined to keep those that he hired, replace the ones he didn't and demote Clancy but keep him on staff. He and Pioli could care less if the fans are out for blood.

Personally I think you grade each unit individually and those who are worthy keep their job. At some point, you have to be realistic and acknowledge that certain position coaches are better than others even though a good DB coach can't make up for a horrible DL coach. Clancy peaked as a DB coach; he's been coaching past his skill level ever since.

Though we don't actually have a DB coach, Ronnie Bradford is a defensive assistant who's worked with them this season. He's never been given the title of DB coach, but that could be because Clancy is going to move into the role, like he did in Dallas in 01 & 02.

Not sure which of these idiots thought that getting rid of Pollard was a good idea, and they should lose a testical for it, but all in all that group has been pretty well coached. I haven't looked at how many deep passes we've given up, we're ranked #19 in total passing yards yet we've only got 19 sacks. That makes me think that if we had some QB pressure, the passing game would improve pretty easily. Those 19 sacks happen to be the 2nd lowest total in the league and 28 teams have 25 or more this season.

We are tied for the #22 spot in interceptions, with 11, but teams are completing 59.1% of their passes against us and have a 89.6 QB rating. Having all day to throw obviously results in higher stats in those areas. Slow safeties play a factor too. Then again, when you are playing a team that's ranked #31 in rushing yards allowed, why pass?

Bill Muir probably deserves some credit for coaching the crap he inherited and showing progress as the season has gone on. Cassel was sacked 24 times in the first 7 games compared to 17 times in the last 7.

Fire the WR coach (Dedric Ward and Richie Anderson). There is no way you lead the league in dropped passes and don't fire the WR coach.

Just saying that when you are as bad as we are, you take baby steps and you don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

I think Dedric ward gets the AX, but not Richie Anderson. Anderson is one of Haley's boys, more so than Ward. At least that's the way it seems to me. I like the idea of demoting Pendergast to DB coach. Bring in Crennel to run the D. At that point, we would have a defensive coaching staff with some good credentials. A superbowl wining DC, a DB coach with DC experience and a defensive assistant with DC experience.

Offensivly, bring in either Wiess or some young, innovative hot shot from the college ranks. (God, please don't promote a current assistant to OC, please, please).

DaneMcCloud
12-21-2009, 12:53 PM
Damn dude, calm your ass down.

14 weeks to get Bradley Involved? Are you fucking kidding me? Do you not watch him drop the ball every week? Who the hell wants Bradley involved?

And who is this magical offensive lineman that instantly gave Cassel time? I know you're not saying Barry Richardson right? because he looked like ass when he played with the first unit early in the season. And the O-Line has been improving every week, thanks to the improved play of Albert. To chalk it up to Richardson is a bit premature.

And lets not forget, these O-Linemen were playing the browns here.

What you fail to mention is that his play calling is improving every week. He has found things that work for this team. The hurry up O is pretty cool, the motion is a nice wrinkle. He knows how to run Jamal Charles.....The O looked way better with Bowe in there taking pressure off of Chambers. This O made strides, have been making strides.

Wow, you REALLY don't get it, do you?

First off, Barry Richardson is a second year player. He started 40 games at Clemson at left tackle. The Chiefs moved him to right tackle. He has IDEAL SIZE for a right tackle at 6'6, 325 pounds. I don't give a FLYING FUCK if he wasn't the the "best" right tackle when training camp broke. He has the most UPSIDE and clearly the most potential out of all the broke-dick FUCKS they stuck out there. The Chiefs weren't going ANYWHERE this season, which is why you put your best and youngest players on the field and let them GROW TOGETHER.

Instead, it took Haley 14 WEEKS to put the best offensive line on the field. That's ABSURD.

As to Bradley, SO FUCKING WHAT? He dropped some passes. Big fucking DEAL. The guy has been used so sparingly, what did you expect? He is the second most talented receiver on the Chiefs squad. To SIT him for 10 weeks for not getting a first down is, once again, ABSURD. The guy SHOULD HAVE BEEN on the field each and every week. Why? Because his presence gives the Chiefs the BEST CHANCE TO WIN. Regardless of drops.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Barry Richardson is exactly the kind of late Oline pick that usually succeeds. A guy who starts 40 games at a top 25 school at LT will generally make it.

MahiMike
12-21-2009, 12:57 PM
"Scott Pioli stuck Haley with a craptastic roster. The stupidity of playing all season with special-team players masquerading as starting linebackers and safeties has caught up with the Chiefs the last month. And so has playing musical waiver wire at receiver."

This pretty much sums it up. Other than Jamaal Charles, who's a stud on this team? You can't blame Haley for the players and you certainly can't blame him for trying to find a WR that can catch a freakin' ball. I'd much rather he played MORE musical chairs with WR's until he finds a couple that stick. Bowe went thru all of training camp, has 4 weeks to get healthy while practicing with the gun machine and he still can't catch. Haley called the plays to win, Cassel threw them on target and they lose scoring 34 points. This is just one game but a great example of how devoid of talent teams like Chiefs, Rams and Lions are. Coaching just isn't that important with that talent. About the only shortcoming I see of Haley is the defense - particularly the play of the d-line. I'd fire the D-line coach and the DC, draft Suh, a center and a LB or 2, trade for Boldin and kick some butt next year.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 12:58 PM
And guess what, Todd Haley kept running LJ out there over Charles. Charles still wouldn't be seeing the field if LJ hadn't opened his mouth.

This team has little talent but that doesn't excuse him being a dipshit.

Fish
12-21-2009, 12:59 PM
"Scott Pioli stuck Haley with a craptastic roster. The stupidity of playing all season with special-team players masquerading as starting linebackers and safeties has caught up with the Chiefs the last month. And so has playing musical waiver wire at receiver."

This pretty much sums it up. Other than Jamaal Charles, who's a stud on this team? You can't blame Haley for the players and you certainly can't blame him for trying to find a WR that can catch a freakin' ball. I'd much rather he played MORE musical chairs with WR's until he finds a couple that stick. Bowe went thru all of training camp, has 4 weeks to get healthy while practicing with the gun machine and he still can't catch. Haley called the plays to win, Cassel threw them on target and they lose scoring 34 points. This is just one game but a great example of how devoid of talent teams like Chiefs, Rams and Lions are. Coaching just isn't that important with that talent. About the only shortcoming I see of Haley is the defense - particularly the play of the d-line. I'd fire the D-line coach and the DC, draft Suh, a center and a LB or 2, trade for Boldin and kick some butt next year.

LMAO

Mecca
12-21-2009, 01:01 PM
He must just turn off his TV when he watches Haley make 4th down decisions.

Coogs
12-21-2009, 01:04 PM
Wow, you REALLY don't get it, do you?

First off, Barry Richardson is a second year player. He started 40 games at Clemson at left tackle. The Chiefs moved him to right tackle. He has IDEAL SIZE for a right tackle at 6'6, 325 pounds. I don't give a FLYING FUCK if he wasn't the the "best" right tackle when training camp broke. He has the most UPSIDE and clearly the most potential out of all the broke-dick FUCKS they stuck out there. The Chiefs weren't going ANYWHERE this season, which is why you put your best and youngest players on the field and let them GROW TOGETHER.

Instead, it took Haley 14 WEEKS to put the best offensive line on the field. That's ABSURD.

As to Bradley, SO FUCKING WHAT? He dropped some passes. Big fucking DEAL. The guy has been used so sparingly, what did you expect? He is the second most talented receiver on the Chiefs squad. To SIT him for 10 weeks for not getting a first down is, once again, ABSURD. The guy SHOULD HAVE BEEN on the field each and every week. Why? Because his presence gives the Chiefs the BEST CHANCE TO WIN. Regardless of drops.

:clap:

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Cam Cameron, 2008. One year, 1-15. Fired.

Lane Kiffin, 2007. One year, 4-12. Fired.

Art Shell, 2006. One year, 2-14. Fired.

Marty Schottenheimer, 2001. One year, 8-8. Fired.

Eric Mangini, 2009. One year, 3-11. Very likely to be fired.

It's been done before, and I'd have no problem if it happened to Haley.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2009, 01:14 PM
This is just one game but a great example of how devoid of talent teams like Chiefs, Rams and Lions are. Coaching just isn't that important with that talent.

Is the dumbest post contest still going on?

Coaching is MORE important when you have this level of talent.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-21-2009, 01:16 PM
This team doesn't need Vince Lombardi. It needs someone with fucking common sense, and no one in this organization seems to have any.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-21-2009, 01:20 PM
This is just one game but a great example of how devoid of talent teams like Chiefs, Rams and Lions are. Coaching just isn't that important with that talent.

Either I missed this in the read through, or my brain has developed the power to block out stupid shit like this while perusing the Planet.

RedThat
12-21-2009, 01:28 PM
No use in stressing about it. Seriously. Whether you want the guy fired or not, we have no control over the situation. All we can do is hope for the best.

We can judge all we want, but one can differentiate between seeing things from a fans perspective compared to either a coaches or players perspective. These guys are in the thick of things, not us.

I don't know what goes on back there but I could only imagine that being a rookie head coach is no different then a newly hired employee on a job with no experience. If you have no experience you're gonna make your share of mistakes. It's inevitable. Obviously there are going to come times when you will not know what you are doing, THAT happens. It's all part of a learning process. He is trying to learn what its like to be a head coach. THATS ONE THING ALL TOGETHER!

Its all part of growth. Growing comes with mistakes. If you don't believe in that, then I don't know what to tell you. And I could only imagine how hard it is to be a head coach alone, in addition, you have a crappy roster to deal with. Sure, Todd Haley has made mistakes, a whole ton of them. But it seems like people want him crucified for it. Relax, he is a rookie. What do you expect? Bill Belicheck, Parcells. Complaining about not playing certain players is way out of our control. Plus the roster is devoid of talent as it is. I don't see any reason to complain about it. Our main focus should be on getting players, and not on the coaches. We should place our attention to getting good football players in here and not act and point fingers like its the coaches responsibility for everything that goes on. A lot of times we put too much focus on the coaches, in reality its the players that win the games. We've always complained about how coaches sucked from Gunther to Greg Robinson, etc...And what has that got us? ZERO! nothing..yup thats right..And did anyone happen to notice a specific trend going on? Why have the Chiefs sucked on defense all these years? Because coincedentally they didn't have enough good players. And, its the same thing today. A lot of people complain about Pendergast, but the bottomline is, the Chiefs don't have enough good players.

There are reasons why he is not playing some guys, who knows? Maybe he is trying to get a feel from the roster? I don't know. But we don't know why he is not playing guys. We think we do, but really we don't know what goes on back there and why he is playing certain guys or better yet what is running in his mind.

Chiefnj2
12-21-2009, 01:53 PM
Cam Cameron, 2008. One year, 1-15. Fired.

Lane Kiffin, 2007. One year, 4-12. Fired.

Art Shell, 2006. One year, 2-14. Fired.

Marty Schottenheimer, 2001. One year, 8-8. Fired.

Eric Mangini, 2009. One year, 3-11. Very likely to be fired.

It's been done before, and I'd have no problem if it happened to Haley.

Those moves worked really well for the Raiders and Skins.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2009, 02:37 PM

I'm sure the shitty ownership has nothing to do with it.

Cavgrunt
12-21-2009, 03:44 PM
Why would Cowher want to come back to KC for the mess this team is in. All he can do is harm his reputation. If they get better he get credit but does he need credit.

Brock
12-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Why would Cowher want to come back to KC for the mess this team is in. All he can do is harm his reputation. If they get better he get credit but does he need credit.

He wouldn't. He'll get his choice of any job he wants.

RedThat
12-21-2009, 03:50 PM

Its funny how the Raiders and Skins have a lot of turnover within their organization, and don't have much to show for.

It really shows how "constant change" can be a bad thing.

Spott
12-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Keeping Haley is a waste of time. He hasn't improved this team one bit and is in way over his head. There are plenty of better coaches out there that will just go by the wasteside if they keep Haley around next year.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2009, 05:05 PM
Its funny how the Raiders and Skins have a lot of turnover within their organization, and don't have much to show for.

It really shows how "constant change" can be a bad thing.

It also shows how meddlesome, know-nothing owners can fuck up a franchise.

I can count the number of good decisions Snyder and Davis have made this decade on both hands.

Don't act like firing those coaches one year in ruined everything.

ChiefsCountry
12-21-2009, 05:09 PM
I am almost ready to hop on the Cowher bandwagon - Pioli isn't building a dyntasy or Super Bowl winner, might as well be 10-6 each year and get lucky every other.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-21-2009, 05:12 PM
It also shows how meddlesome, know-nothing owners can fuck up a franchise.

I can count the number of good decisions Snyder and Davis have made this decade on both hands.

Don't act like firing those coaches one year in ruined everything.

No no no no no, "slow and steady" wins the Carl/Herm.

TEX
12-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Keeping Haley is a waste of time. He hasn't improved this team one bit and is in way over his head. There are plenty of better coaches out there that will just go by the wasteside if they keep Haley around next year.

:clap: This X 2.

ILChief
12-21-2009, 06:44 PM
yeah, I can't believe Haley didn't take a 2 win team, watch the team trade its best offensive player who is a first ballot HOFer and take that team to the Super Bowl. He must suck

Brock
12-21-2009, 06:47 PM
yeah, I can't believe Haley didn't take a 2 win team, watch the team trade its best offensive player who is a first ballot HOFer and take that team to the Super Bowl. He must suck

I take it you don't agree that Haley has been making decisions like a man with his head firmly planted up his own ass?

Knob
12-21-2009, 06:48 PM
:clap: This X 2.

I'll double that

This X 4.:Scanlon:

ILChief
12-21-2009, 06:51 PM
I take it you don't agree that Haley has been making decisions like a man with his head firmly planted up his own ass?

It's tough to gauge Haley as a head coach this year. Every game (except maybe yesterday) his team has been at a disadvantage talent-wise. As a result you have to take risks you normally wouldn't (like going on 4th down all the time) The main problem I have is Pendergast as DC. But Haley was hired so late in the offseason that there weren't exactly alot of top notch assistants available. I Haley deserves a year with an upgraded roster.

Brock
12-21-2009, 06:53 PM
It's tough to gauge Haley as a head coach this year. Every game (except maybe yesterday) his team has been at a disadvantage talent-wise. As a result you have to take risks you normally wouldn't (like going on 4th down all the time) The main problem I have is Pendergast as DC. But Haley was hired so late in the offseason that there weren't exactly alot of top notch assistants available. I Haley deserves a year with an upgraded roster.

Do those risks include kicking the ball to Joshua Cribbs over and over again?

ILChief
12-21-2009, 06:55 PM

well our kick coverage has been decent (up until yesterday) this year so I can't really say too much about it.

OnTheWarpath15
12-21-2009, 06:55 PM

ROFL

Brock
12-21-2009, 06:58 PM
well our kick coverage has been decent (up until yesterday) this year so I can't really say too much about it.

WTF? Even after he just roasted your ass for a 100 yard return?

ILChief
12-21-2009, 07:00 PM
WTF? Even after he just roasted your ass for a 100 yard return?

so you think if you get beat for a long TD pass you should just play prevent the rest of the game? Cribbs had returned 6 kicks for TDs in his career so the odds of 2 in a row were small so yeah I would have kicked to him.

Brock
12-21-2009, 07:01 PM
so you think if you get beat for a long TD pass you should just play prevent the rest of the game? Cribbs had returned 6 kicks for TDs in his career so the odds of 2 in a row were small so yeah I would have kicked to him.

:shake: That's fucked up.

ILChief
12-21-2009, 07:05 PM
:shake: That's fucked up.

no it's not. Cribbs has returned 262 kickoffs in his career. He had 6 TDs going into yesterday. He returned one for a TD. The odds of him doing it again in the same game were very small. Granted, it happened and hindsight being 20/20 they shouldn't have done it. But if they would have kicked the ball out of bounds every kickoff the rest of the game people would be calling him a pu$$y and an idiot for giving up such good field position.

It's just like the people that hate Obama or hated Bush. If Obama/Bush said the sky was blue people would bitch. If you have it out for somebody you'll gripe no matter what.

SPATCH
12-21-2009, 07:10 PM
If we're going to keep the leash this short and fire Haley, as the majority of the planet apparently wishes; what kind of message does that send to prospective coaches? What kind of coach would want to come here?

Whitlock throws out the terms loyalty and fairness as if they are absurd. However, loyalty and fairness are still important to me, and they should be to any person or organization of character.

Loyalty? Fairness? Those are two pretty damn good reasons to me.

ILChief
12-21-2009, 07:14 PM
If we're going to keep the leash this short and fire Haley, as the majority of the planet apparently wishes; what kind of message does that send to prospective coaches? What kind of coach would want to come here?

Whitlock throws out the terms loyalty and fairness as if they are absurd. However, loyalty and fairness are still important to me, and they should be to any person or organization of character.

Loyalty? Fairness? Those are two pretty damn good reasons to me.

Agreed.

Hammock Parties
12-21-2009, 07:28 PM
If we're going to keep the leash this short and fire Haley, as the majority of the planet apparently wishes; what kind of message does that send to prospective coaches?

Don't fail at epic levels.

BigMeatballDave
12-21-2009, 07:30 PM
Why bring him back? I really don't know. One could argue, though, that Herm had another chance after losing 12 games his 2nd season. I'm currently on the fence...

SPATCH
12-21-2009, 07:37 PM

yeah, no prospective coach would factor that in... you're right. my bad everyone.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 07:43 PM

Ladies and gentlemen, Todd Haley posts here and this is proof.

Titty Meat
12-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, Todd Haley posts here and this is proof.

LOL! Do people not comprehend field position?

ILChief
12-21-2009, 07:48 PM

Sure I do, and kicking away from a returner normally doesn't yield good field position. Granted, we got burned this time but 90% of the time, kicking out of bounds or squibbing is bad.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Would you care to discuss Todd Haley's other 500 bad decisions or decisions that have 0 consistency?

Having a bad team is no excuse for being a flaming dipshit on the sideline.

Titty Meat
12-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Sure I do, and kicking away from a returner normally doesn't yield good field position. Granted, we got burned this time but 90% of the time, kicking out of bounds or squibbing is bad.

Pooch kicking it to the 30 doesn't = 14 points

ILChief
12-21-2009, 07:51 PM
Pooch kicking it to the 30 doesn't = 14 points

Normally kicking it to the returner doesn't = 14 pts either. It was sh!tty luck but that doesn't make it a dumb decision.

SAUTO
12-21-2009, 07:52 PM

some here obviously dont, there was a thread about trading for cribbs. i dont think some of the cp brain trust would have
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
You kick to the best returner in the league he returns one so you respond by...kicking to him again.

ILChief
Would you care to discuss Todd Haley's other 500 bad decisions or decisions that have 0 consistency?

Having a bad team is no excuse for being a flaming dipshit on the sideline.

Oh, so now not only are you Mel Kiper Jr, you're Vince Lombardi as well?

Mecca
12-21-2009, 07:55 PM
Oh, so now not only are you Mel Kiper Jr, you're Vince Lombardi as well?

That's such a lovely argument to go to, unicorns and rainbows man since it's the Chiefs it'll work out right?

If the only argument you have for Todd Haley being a dipshit is that I'm not a coach then you can fuck right off.

SAUTO
You kick to the best returner in the league he returns one so you respond by...kicking to him again.

what the odds? is haley the only coach to do that? did they kick to him after the second td? did he get a third?
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief

sure you do. he played the averages and lost. of course hindsight is 20/20

ILChief
12-21-2009, 07:56 PM
That's such a lovely argument to go to, unicorns and rainbows man since it's the Chiefs it'll work out right?

If the only argument you have for Todd Haley being a dipshit is that I'm not a coach then you can fuck right off.

ROFL

Mecca
12-21-2009, 07:56 PM
No wonder you 2 like Haley, you're as fuckin stupid as he is.

Titty Meat
12-21-2009, 07:57 PM
ILChief was created with Rocky Dennis sperm

ILChief
12-21-2009, 07:58 PM
what the odds? is haley the only coach to do that? did they kick to him after the second td? did he get a third?
Posted via Mobile Device

it happened 6 times in NFL history (player returned 2 kicks for TDs in the same game), so Haley did the right thing he just happened to have bad luck.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 07:59 PM
After he ran 1 back he should have never touched the ball again, but hey that makes to much sense I guess.

Mecca
Yea all of Haleys dumb decisions are just bad luck, that's the ticket.

SAUTO

see why do you go there and just skip all my questions? oh yeah the answers dont support what you are saying.
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:00 PM

yeah, he's stupid. if he went to USC he's be brilliant

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:00 PM
You are defending his awful decisions what do you want me to do, mail you a dunce cap for Christmas?

Titty Meat
12-21-2009, 08:01 PM
yeah, he's stupid. if he went to USC he's be brilliant

Is That why Mecca bashes Cassel, you putz?

SAUTO
12-21-2009, 08:01 PM
After he ran 1 back he should have never touched the ball again, but hey that makes to much sense I guess.

funny you are calling people stupid and still cant figure out when to type to or too
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:02 PM
Yea all of Haleys dumb decisions are just bad luck, that's the ticket.

no he's made bad decisions, this just wasn't one of them.

SAUTO
You are defending his awful decisions what do you want me to do, mail you a dunce cap for Christmas?

ok now its time to tell us what you would do
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
Yes critique my grammar, it's obviously extremely important to a debate about how Todd Haley coaches with his head up his ass.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:03 PM
I wouldn't be kicking off to the best returner in the league after he just torched my special teams I know that.

I consider that common fucking sense.

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:03 PM

you sticking up for your girlfriend?

Titty Meat
12-21-2009, 08:04 PM

I've left things in the toilet that are smarter than you.

Brock
12-21-2009, 08:04 PM

Is Haley your girlfriend?

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:05 PM
I think IL should try to explain how the Chiefs weren't completely embarrassed yesterday, that was pretty solid for a laugh.

You can be the biggest Chiefs fan in the world, it doesn't change what this team is and you wanting them to be something else doesn't change reality.

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Is Haley your girlfriend?

Too much facial hair for my liking :)

SAUTO
12-21-2009, 08:06 PM
Yes critique my grammar, it's obviously extremely important to a debate about how Todd Haley coaches with his head up his ass.

coming from the king of posts that have nothing to do with the topic this is ironic.

and if you are going to call someone stupid what do you expect?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:08 PM
So you think Todd Haley is a good coach that makes proper decisions?

ILChief
I think IL should try to explain how the Chiefs weren't completely embarrassed yesterday, that was pretty solid for a laugh.

You can be the biggest Chiefs fan in the world, it doesn't change what this team is and you wanting them to be something else doesn't change reality.

they weren't embarrassed because they lost by one score. If anything was embarrassing it was giving up almost 300 yards rushing. Not getting burned by kickoff returns.

ILChief
So you think Todd Haley is a good coach that makes proper decisions?

I think it's too early to tell if he's a good coach.

Mecca
They were both pretty embarassing, Cribbs and Harrison set a record for total yards of 2 players in a game.

SAUTO
12-21-2009, 08:09 PM

i still havent seen you say exactly what you would have done.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
I think it's too early to tell if he's a good coach.

So he's just going to stop doing stupid shit magically 1 day?

You know to this point he's worse than Herm right?

Mecca
Done in relation to what?

After 1 kickoff TD you don't kick him the ball again, it's simple shit.

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:11 PM
So he's just going to stop doing stupid shit magically 1 day?

You know to this point he's worse than Herm right?

no, he's not worse than Herm. He's a first year head coach. Herm had been a head coach for 8 years.

If he gets some talent to work with, I think Haley can be good.

SAUTO
12-21-2009, 08:11 PM
Done in relation to what?

After 1 kickoff TD you don't kick him the ball again, it's simple shit.

so how would you have gone about accomplishing that? quit skirting the question
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

it's easier to second guess on the internet after you know how the game turned out.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:15 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

You are to posting what Todd Haley is to head coaching.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:16 PM
No one is second guessing no one on this forum would have kicked off the same again in that game.

It's the same as his retarded 4th down decisions.

SPATCH
12-21-2009, 08:17 PM

seriously?

I know Mecca has a huge, throbbing CP-cock.. but are you honestly going to sit here and dome it off?

Are you honestly going to snog on some Mecca-boner?

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:18 PM
No one is second guessing no one on this forum would have kicked off the same again in that game.

It's the same as his retarded 4th down decisions.

I can't even decipher what you were trying to say in that first sentence. Try using punctuation, Mel Kiper III

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 08:19 PM
they weren't embarrassed because they lost by one score. If anything was embarrassing it was giving up almost 300 yards rushing. Not getting burned by kickoff returns.

Almost?

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:19 PM
The end conclusion of this thread, ILChief thinks Todd Haley is doing a good job just cause.

SAUTO
12-21-2009, 08:20 PM

You are to posting what Todd Haley is to head coaching.

great, now that you have that out of the way would you answer that question?

what would you do to make sure the guy who returned one kick for a td didnt get a second?
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:21 PM
The end conclusion of this thread, ILChief thinks Todd Haley is doing a good job just cause.

I'm saying the complete lack of talent makes it near impossible to judge whether he is doing a good job or not.

Have fun pimping Adam Archuletta 2.0 on your avatar.

DeezNutz
great, now that you have that out of the way would you answer that question?

what would you do to make sure the guy who returned one kick for a td didnt get a second?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not kick it to him.

Next question.

Mecca
Why are you asking me a question you know the answer to, are you playing dumb or are you really dumb?

I'm not going to answer questions that a person with basic football knowledge knows the answer to.

ChiefsCountry
Not kick it to him.

Next question.

No shit, it isn't rocket science.

Mecca
Not kick it to him.

Next question.

I only said that like 5 times, I think Jason needs a diagram to understand.

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm saying the complete lack of talent makes it near impossible to judge whether he is doing a good job or not.

Who was responsible for playing LJ in front of Charles?

Pioli AND Haley have shown a complete inability to evaluate talent. And Lance Long with the target.

Mecca

Really so lack of talent is why you do a fake punt at your own 28 in a 1 score game?

SAUTO
Not kick it to him.

Next question.

so you would kick every ko out of bounds?
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:23 PM
And Jason wonders why he gets called stupid in threads.

ILChief
Not kick it to him.

Next question.

yeah letting the other team start near midfield every time is a great idea.

NOTE: I KNOW FULL WELL HE RETURNED A SECOND KICK FOR A TD. The odds of that were slim. Shit happens.

SAUTO
Why are you asking me a question you know the answer to, are you playing dumb or are you really dumb?

I'm not going to answer questions that a person with basic football knowledge knows the answer to.

you keep saying not kick to him. how would YOU accomplish that?
Posted via Mobile Device

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Really so lack of talent is why you do a fake punt at your own 28 in a 1 score game?

that was a bad decision.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:24 PM
I bet IL is someone who voted for Oline on the Chiefs website.

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:25 PM

depends on who's available when we pick.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:26 PM
You are a true Chiefs fan, Oline!

SAUTO

wow that really was relevant
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
If you read that thread you'd understand.

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 08:27 PM
so you would kick every ko out of bounds?
Posted via Mobile Device

The kicker should be able to execute better than that. After all, Succop is one of our two valuable pieces of evidence for progress.

But, yes, starting at the 40 would be better than sacrificing 14 points.

SPATCH
12-21-2009, 08:28 PM

Count me as one who believes in the concept of continuity within an organization... and that a coach should be given a fair shot.

No one would say that Haley is doing a particularly good job this year, but the organization obviously believes he is capable of doing a good job in the near future.

I would rather give Haley the opportunity to learn from his mistakes (as a first year fucking coach) than to undergo yet another god damn regime change.

Continuity.

ILChief
12-21-2009, 08:28 PM

In this rare instance, yes. but history wouldn't bear that out. Just because someone wins the lottery doesn't mean buying lottery tickets is a sound investment.

SAUTO
12-21-2009, 08:29 PM
If you read that thread you'd understand.

and that matters here how?

so back on point here.

if you were a hc of a team and a dangerous kr returns the opening ko for a td you would ko every time out of bounds from that point forward??
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:31 PM
To Jason saying don't kick the ball to Cribbs means kicking it out of bounds, I swear.

This is a futile effort and makes me wish ill upon him.

SAUTO
12-21-2009, 08:32 PM
The kicker should be able to execute better than that. After all, Succop is one of our two valuable pieces of evidence for progress.

before yesterdays game i think we were pretty highly ranked on ST. not so much on D. which would you have trusted more?

starting at the 40 every drive would have been terrible.

we kicked to him after the second td, why didnt he get a third? our ST did what they were supposed to
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 08:33 PM
In this rare instance, yes. but history wouldn't bear that out. Just because someone wins the lottery doesn't mean buying lottery tickets is a sound investment.

Here's the deal: the guy burned you once, really, really badly I might add. He humiliated your coverage unit.

Thus, you don't give him an opportunity to do it again.

This has nothing to do with luck, lightning, or lotteries, and everything to do with a complete lack of common sense from our HC. The same dumbass who called TO, ostensibly, to ensure that we had an opportunity to kick to Cribbs, again.

SAUTO
12-21-2009, 08:34 PM
To Jason saying don't kick the ball to Cribbs means kicking it out of bounds, I swear.

This is a futile effort and makes me wish ill upon him.

we kicked the ball away from him later. guess what? he still got to it, then we squibbed it and gave them great field position
Posted via Mobile Device

Mecca
12-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Look at Deez with a logical post explaining how this works.

What is the argument here Jason, that because the team sucks that excuses Haley doing stupid shit?

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 08:38 PM
Look at Deez with a logical post explaining how this works.

What is the argument here Jason, that because the team sucks that excuses Haley doing stupid shit?

Haley has nothing to work with, and this causes him to act as though he's never watched a football game, much less coached one, on Sundays.

There. Is. No. Excuse.

Haley has been pathetic.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-21-2009, 08:39 PM

"We're running a business"?

Reerun_KC
12-21-2009, 08:47 PM
If it means that Whitlock will have a stroke and the 4 horsemen will have another season of bitching and nitpicking....

Then I am all for it!

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Spite, FTMFW.

Dottefan
12-21-2009, 08:52 PM
I`m not sold on Haley...but not ready to give up on him either.

DaneMcCloud
12-21-2009, 08:55 PM
If it means that Whitlock will have a stroke and the 4 horsemen will have another season of bitching and nitpicking....

Then I am all for it!

Are you for real?

The same guy who stated he was "proud" to watch the Chiefs under Haley for the first time in years?

This season has been nothing but a fucking abortion. They don't know how to evaluate talent, they don't know how to coach and they don't know how to draft.

If Al Davis hadn't been hell-bent on proving that JaMarcus Russell was a true NFL QB, the Chiefs would be 2-12. If Polumalu & Roethisberger hadn't been injured, this team would be 1-13.

It's a fucking joke.

Yet people defend them as if it's the 1980's 49er dynasty.

What a bunch of dumbfucks.

Brock
12-21-2009, 08:56 PM
we kicked the ball away from him later. guess what? he still got to it, then we squibbed it and gave them great field position
Posted via Mobile Device

They never got better field position than their own 30 on a kickoff. That isn't "great field position".

ChiefsCountry
12-21-2009, 08:57 PM
If Al Davis hadn't been hell-bent on proving that JaMarcus Russell was a true NFL QB, the Chiefs would be 2-12.

Well that FatTurd did beat us the first time.

Brock
12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Reerun is under the unfortunate misconception that haley is somehow better than Herm.

Pablo
12-21-2009, 08:58 PM
Count me as one who believes in the concept of continuity within an organization... and that a coach should be given a fair shot.

No one would say that Haley is doing a particularly good job this year, but the organization obviously believes he is capable of doing a good job in the near future.

I would rather give Haley the opportunity to learn from his mistakes (as a first year ****ing coach) than to undergo yet another god damn regime change.

Continuity.You can't be patient at all. They've had 14 games. That's the appropriate window for a GM/HC tandem.

TIME TO CUT BAIT.

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 08:59 PM
They never got better field position than their own 30 on a kickoff. That isn't "great field position".

Well, there went that excuse. Are we left with option B: Haley is a complete fucking moron?

Pablo
12-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Reerun is under the unfortunate misconception that haley is somehow better than Herm.I just hope he's smart enough to fire his entire ****ing staff and bring in a competent DC and an inventive OC. If he isn't; then it's career suicide.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 09:00 PM
You can't be patient at all. They've had 14 games. That's the appropriate window for a GM/HC tandem.

TIME TO CUT BAIT.

So you believe that one day Haley will wake up and just not be a dumbass? That is basically what you are saying.

DeezNutz
12-21-2009, 09:00 PM
I just hope he's smart enough to fire his entire ****ing staff and bring in a competent DC and an inventive OC. If he isn't; then it's career suicide.

The decision about his staff should not be Haley's decision at this point.

Mecca
12-21-2009, 09:02 PM
Even if he gets a better staff around him he's in charge of gameday management, of course it'd be great if he had an assistant for that.

Yo Todd going for it here is not a good move, shut the fuck up we're going for it! Ok Todd have it your way but you're going to look dumb...

Reerun_KC
12-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Are you for real?

The same guy who stated he was "proud" to watch the Chiefs under Haley for the first time in years?

This season has been nothing but a ****ing abortion. They don't know how to evaluate talent, they don't know how to coach and they don't know how to draft.

If Al Davis hadn't been hell-bent on proving that JaMarcus Russell was a true NFL QB, the Chiefs would be 2-12. If Polumalu & Roethisberger hadn't been injured, this team would be 1-13.

It's a ****ing joke.

Yet people defend them as if it's the 1980's 49er dynasty.

What a bunch of dumb****s.

Actually, I am not emotionally connected to Haley as many where with Herm....

Haley can stay or go, doesnt matter to me.... There are alot of things I would like to see changed, but IMO and to me personally, after living with Herm I can survive anything....

Pablo
12-21-2009, 09:06 PM
So you believe that one day Haley will wake up and just not be a dumbass? That is basically what you are saying.I believe once he gets an OC to take care of that side of the ball, he won't be so stressed and retarded on the sidelines and probably make better decisions in general.

He's over-worked. And he did it to himself.

So, yeah; I'm willing to give him more than one season where he basically decided he was going to run the entire ****ing show and failed at it. If Haley insists on the HC/OC role again next year, he's a tard. If he doesn't lobby for an almost completely new coaching staff, including a DC and a QB coach, he's a tard.

But, I'm patient like that. I didn't expect great things this year. But I also didn't expect Gailey to get canned and for us to bring in Pendergast either. If the epic ****-up's continue next year, goodbye. But, I'm not for pulling the plug on a brand new regime right now, especially a first time HC.

No doubt, he's been an epic fail this year. But I guess there's nowhere to go but WAY up.

DaneMcCloud
12-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Actually, I am not emotionally connected to Haley as many where with Herm....

Haley can stay or go, doesnt matter to me.... There are alot of things I would like to see changed, but IMO and to me personally, after living with Herm I can survive anything....

I'd like to see them ALL gone. Pioli included.

Unfortunately, Clark Hunt isn't Steven Ross/Wayne Huizenga or Randy Lerner or Dan Snyder, etc.

Hunt would probably stick with them for a decade without a playoff appearance, much like his father.

The Chiefs ownership sucks fucking ass.

DaneMcCloud
12-21-2009, 09:09 PM
No doubt, he's been an epic fail this year. But I guess there's nowhere to go but WAY up.

That's what people said LAST year.

Reerun_KC
I'd like to see them ALL gone. Pioli included.

Unfortunately, Clark Hunt isn't Steven Ross/Wayne Huizenga or Randy Lerner or Dan Snyder, etc.

Hunt would probably stick with them for a decade without a playoff appearance, much like his father.

The Chiefs ownership sucks ****ing ass.

I think you could add Al Davis in there as well.......

Dan Snyder? R u Serious?

Mecca
I believe once he gets an OC to take care of that side of the ball, he won't be so stressed and retarded on the sidelines and probably make better decisions in general.

He's over-worked. And he did it to himself.

So, yeah; I'm willing to give him more than one season where he basically decided he was going to run the entire ****ing show and failed at it. If Haley insists on the HC/OC role again next year, he's a tard. If he doesn't lobby for an almost completely new coaching staff, including a DC and a QB coach, he's a tard.

But, I'm patient like that. I didn't expect great things this year. But I also didn't expect Gailey to get canned and for us to bring in Pendergast either. If the epic ****-up's continue next year, goodbye. But, I'm not for pulling the plug on a brand new regime right now, especially a first time HC.

You fired him on your Madden franchise admit it.

Pablo
12-21-2009, 09:11 PM
That's what people said LAST year.Yeah, that's just because we'd all built up two decades of hate for CP and 3 years of hate for Herm.