PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stanford Routt Will Visit Chiefs Today

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Marcellus
02-16-2012, 05:48 PM
The Chiefs ranked among the NFL’s top-10 in committed cash last season after signing a number of key free agents, according to Chairman and CEO Clark Hunt.

I pointed out many times during the season that cash comitted (actual $ spent) is a very different # than salary cap $.

Some people have blinders and don't care to know the difference.

NJChiefsFan
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
No no no Clark. You were supposed to use all that money to overpay franklin. By not signing him you proved you don't want to win!!!

Seriously though this is what I've been trying to explain to the denser KC fans for about 2 years now.

I still think its a tad optimistic to think KC is going to go out and be agressive with this money. I don't mean agressive crazy, even just locking up our 2 guys, getting Soliai and an OL. Most KC fans understood why we didn't go after Fanklin once the dust settled, but I think it was more the fear of never using the money at any point more so than not spending it on Franklin.

-King-
02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
“Money is never a consideration when it comes to rebuilding the football team other than we do have to pay attention to the salary cap,” said Hunt.
Mhhmmm.

O.city
02-16-2012, 05:54 PM
Sorry guys, but until I see that we've signed some guys with this money, I'm gonna be skeptical about all this.

-King-
02-16-2012, 05:59 PM
Sorry guys, but until I see that we've signed some guys with this money, I'm gonna be skeptical about all this.

We've re-signed all the top talent we've had. What's to be skeptical about? If these were some players from other teams, then I'd understand, but why wouldn't you believe Clark when it comes to re-signing our own?

Marcellus
02-16-2012, 06:04 PM
We've re-signed all the top talent we've had. What's to be skeptical about? If these were some players from other teams, then I'd understand, but why wouldn't you believe Clark when it comes to re-signing our own?

Who would be the last really good player we drafted that we let walk in free agency?

Ceej
02-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Who would be the last really good player we drafted that we let walk in free agency?

The first name that comes to mind for me is Brian Waters.

BigMeatballDave
02-16-2012, 06:07 PM
Letting Bowe or Carr go is fucking dumb.

-King-

1. He was cut
2. He shouldn't have been resigned anyway

Marcellus

Yea, except we didn't draft him and we cut him, not let him walk in FA over $.

ILChief

We didn't draft him nor did he leave via free agency

Ceej
Yea, except we didn't draft him and we cut him, not let him walk in FA over $.

Then that gets rid of that.

LMAO

Marcellus
02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Then that gets rid of that.

LMAO

It is close to being along the same lines though but I guess I sholdl also add being in their prime.

Neil Smith may be the last guy but he wasn't really in his prime either. Still a bunch of shit.

T-Rich wasn't drafted by KC either.

Ceej
02-16-2012, 06:12 PM
It is close to being along the same lines though but I guess I sholdl also add being in their prime.

Neil Smith may be the last guy but he wasn't really in his prime either. Still a bunch of shit.

T-Rich wasn't drafted by KC either.

Clearly I'm showing my age.

I just popped off the first name that popped into my head when you asked.

Boy, was I wrong.

FAX
02-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Joe Horn?

That was a stupid move.

FAX

NJChiefsFan
02-16-2012, 06:21 PM
I think the thing here is that until now Pioli has locked everyone up ahead of time. Since it hasn't happened with Carr and Bowe, I think its reasonable to atleast be worried they aren't going to see eye to eye.

Marcellus
02-16-2012, 06:24 PM
Joe Horn?

That was a stupid move.

FAX

Horn, he would qualify.

FAX
02-16-2012, 06:26 PM
Horn, he would qualify.

I never understood the logic behind that deal.

FAX

Marcellus
02-16-2012, 06:43 PM
I never understood the logic behind that deal.

FAX

It was pure genious. Horn goes to NO and screws Roaf's wife and we trade a 2nd round pick for a HOF left tackle.

Genious.

Terribilis
02-16-2012, 06:49 PM

Jared Allen

ModSocks
02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Jared Allen

Which is what i was going to say, but then again, we did get some draft picks out of that.

Marcellus
02-16-2012, 06:50 PM
Jared Allen

That would be wrong. Give it some thought.

NJChiefsFan
02-16-2012, 06:51 PM
Which is what i was going to say, but then again, we did get some draft picks out of that.

As great as he was/is I don't think that getting Charles and Albert turned out so bad. Not to mention the spirit of the question being Free Agency, where it was based on not paying them and getting zero back for them.

Marcellus
02-16-2012, 06:51 PM

Trading a 1st and a 3rd round pick for a guy is not letting him walk. Not close.

bevischief
02-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Jared Allen

He was traded dumbass.

ModSocks
02-16-2012, 06:53 PM
Trading a 1st and a 3rd round pick for a guy is not letting him walk. Not close.

Hence the reason i didn't post it

Marcellus
02-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Hence the reason i didn't post it

If you really look at it, we haven't let too many good players we drafted walk over $ in FA.

I hope we keep that trend up.

ModSocks
02-16-2012, 06:58 PM
If you really look at it, we haven't let too many good players we drafted walk over $ in FA.

And if you look at it some more, You'll see that we really haven't drafted very many players worth keeping until recently.

O.city
02-16-2012, 06:59 PM
One reason, outside of the fact that they are great players, that I don't want these guys to walk is what it could say to other potential free agents that would want to come here, or even younger guys already on the roster.

These two guys have done everything they have been asked and more, they have become great players at their positions and deserve to be paid.

Here is hoping we pay them.

Marcellus
02-16-2012, 07:08 PM
And if you look at it some more, You'll see that we really haven't drafted very many players worth keeping until recently.

Way to piss in the punch bowl. :harumph:

jspchief
02-16-2012, 07:41 PM
So the guy that claims Carr is wanting 14m is the same guy that claims Carr is visiting other teams right now?

Sounds like Nick Wright is just making shit up again. Why does this idiot get so much play?

Ugly Duck
02-16-2012, 07:43 PM

For 1st & a 2nd, you could get Palmer

Mr. Laz
02-16-2012, 07:46 PM
so what aren't you skeptical about?

BossChief
02-16-2012, 09:02 PM
I posted the info almost 2 years ago, but Clark Hunt had a little unexpected sit down wirlth FormerDB (some of you know who he is) where they just met up and Clark agreed to answer a few questions for him. This was right after the 2010 draft.

At that time Clark said flat out said his personal priority was to "lock up the young core of this team"

So far, he has absolutely kept his word in every way possible.

In all honesty, I think this whole process will end up with Carr and Bowe BOTH back in KC at fair market value (and that all this is in an effort to find exactly what that is for both guys) unless somebody comes out and goes full retard to sign one of them.

I don't believe for a heartbeat that Carr is demanding 14 million as a final figure or that he has talked to any other team (if he is, there is a team out there that is risking forfeiting draft picks to us for violating league rules, not buying it. Nick is a liar, straight up)

The only way another team is talking to Carr is if we have already tagged him (as FAX suggested earlier) and that they are negotiating with him and are willing to surrender picks for him, in that case I'm all for it.

No way that's the case, though.

Those tags go through the league office and it would be all over NFLN unless Poli found some way of keeping it hush hush.

The most logical explanation is that Nick Wright is a liar.

mcaj22
02-16-2012, 09:06 PM
you know Gunther is talking to him on some backdoor IRC channel or some Ventrilo IP

BossChief
02-16-2012, 09:09 PM
The lions would probably LOVE to have Carr.

beach tribe
02-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Simplicity is a bad troll.

I really think he's just not real bright.

WhiteWhale
02-16-2012, 09:20 PM

I'm a believer that good franchises find role-players in FA and draft their stars. Everyone here was blowing the ****ing eagles (for overspending on back up players) and bitching about us not tossing the farm at a one season wonder who was 30 years old.

We've resigned our stars. We're building a team, not buying one.

I don't want to re-live the DV years, but a lot of KC fans appear to desire that a LOT.

If we draft well and retain our players, we'll be in good shape.

Now if we could just replace our QB....

O.city
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
I want them to draft the stars, which they have done. Now you can bring in more stars thru free agency.

All in all we don't need to bring in "stars" in free agency.

We need a NT, a LG or C, and depth.

Titty Meat
02-16-2012, 09:38 PM
Some of you guys are in denial.

Why would Nick Wright lie about the Carr situation? You do know they are friends right?

So far everything Wright has said about this offseason has been true: Keeping Romeo, Cassel being the guy, and wanting to hire McDaniels.

Chief3188
02-16-2012, 09:46 PM

Why would Nick Wright lie about the Carr situation? You do know they are friends right?

So far everything Wright has said about this offseason has been true: Keeping Romeo, Cassel being the guy, and wanting to hire McDaniels.

Hi Mrs. Wright, how are you doing today?

Titty Meat
02-16-2012, 09:49 PM
Solid argument. Wouldn't expect anything else from this place which is quickly turning into the Chiefs Coalition.

ModSocks
02-16-2012, 09:54 PM
The lions would probably LOVE to have Carr.

Ohhhh.....

That one stings.

I can see that happening. If it did the Lions would be my new most hated team.

It'd be like getting your ass kicked and having your girl taken away by the same dude. If that did happen, Pioli would've gotten a punch in the gut from the Big Bad Bully Gunther for telling teacher he was cheating.

Simplicity
02-16-2012, 10:05 PM
I think most of the teams in the NFL would LOVE having a solid #2 CB with them...

Simplicity
02-16-2012, 10:08 PM
This also brings Cortland Finnegan to the table... FA likely to get out of T and heard 2 different sources saying KC would be a good fit for Cortland... I wouldn't be too sure about this because Finnegan had a couple attitude issues in his past (Andre Johnson)...
Thoughts?

ModSocks
02-16-2012, 10:12 PM
I think most of the teams in the NFL would LOVE having a solid #2 CB with them...

Lol.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Urc Burry
02-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Ohhhh.....

That one stings.

I can see that happening. If it did the Lions would be my new most hated team.

It'd be like getting your ass kicked and having your girl taken away by the same dude. If that did happen, Pioli would've gotten a punch in the gut from the Big Bad Bully Gunther for telling teacher he was cheating.

Lions are in a bad state cap wise... they wouldn't be able to pull it off

Simplicity
02-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Lol.

Obvious troll is obvious.

I forgot to quote the guy who posted the obvious post about the Lions loving to have him. LMAO

Okie_Apparition
02-16-2012, 10:24 PM
:p

mcaj22
02-16-2012, 10:26 PM
please god no to Cort Shittigan.

I'd rather Routt over Finnegan if I had to pick the shiniest between two turds

BossChief
02-16-2012, 10:28 PM

lOLWUT

We never even asked permission to talk to McDaniels.

It's February and nothing has happened with the QB spot but EVERYONE IN THE ORGANIZATION has said there would be and Romeo keeps bringing up Orton.

So, Nick was right about Crennel so far and THAT'S IT.

Do you really think other teams are talking to Carr about signing him when he is still under contract with KC?

Really?

You believe Carr is really asking for the biggest contract ever for a corner?

Geez man.

Titty Meat
02-16-2012, 10:31 PM
lOLWUT

We never even asked permission to talk to McDaniels.

It's February and nothing has happened with the QB spot but EVERYONE IN THE ORGANIZATION has said there would be and Romeo keeps bringing up Orton.

So, Nick was right about Crennel so far and THAT'S IT.

Do you really think other teams are talking to Carr about signing him when he is still under contract with KC?

Really?

You believe Carr is really asking for the biggest contract ever for a corner?

Geez man.

ROFL so now you're denying that McDaniels was the guy the Chiefs wanted?

I'll tell you this.... Nick Wright has actual sources at Arrowhead. I'll take his word for it he's usually not wrong about these kind of things.

Simplicity
02-16-2012, 10:37 PM
please god no to Cort Shittigan.

I'd rather Routt over Finnegan if I had to pick the shiniest between two turds

Cortland is a elite corner... Not sure how he can even be called a turd? Keep trollin' trollololol.

-King-
02-16-2012, 10:40 PM

Friends? ROFL Nick doesn't even communicate with Carr. Everything Nick says, he admits is 2nd and 3rd hand info. He's not friends with Carr. ROFL

Urc Burry
02-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Nick Wright (like many other radio hosts) say shit like this for the listens... And apparently it's working if you actually believe it

mcaj22
02-16-2012, 10:44 PM
Cortland is a elite corner... Not sure how he can even be called a turd? Keep trollin' trollololol.

yea 3 years ago maybe. You do realize the Titans also have two similar home grown CBs like the Chiefs do that have played their way to just under that "not elite" but very good status and have literally outplayed Finnegan in every facet last season

BossChief
02-16-2012, 10:49 PM

I'll tell you this.... Nick Wright has actual sources at Arrowhead. I'll take his word for it he's usually not wrong about these kind of things.

I think it made sense for Pioli to want to bring McDaniels in as the OC and i generally believe what Frank tells the board, but the fact is that when NE brought him in it was reported that they were the only team that even asked permission to talk to him.

If Carr is talking to other teams right now and Wright knows who, he could single handedly get the team a draft pick by calling that team out because it is totally against league rules to even mention a player from another team as you have inteest in him while he is under contract for another team.

Gunther got his team a lost pick for just saying he wouldn't mind signing Page if he was released.

What do you think the NFL would do if they found out a player under contract with one of it's teams was in another town working out for another team?

FAX
02-16-2012, 10:57 PM
I can't believe it.

How many times does that dumbass Nick Wright have to be Wrong before people realize what the deal is with that guy? It's insane the way some people respond to his "information". I mean, really crazy. It's like believing that your dog is Abraham Lincoln or something.

FAX

BigMeatballDave
02-16-2012, 10:57 PM
Cortland is a elite cornerLMAO Okay...

BossChief
02-16-2012, 11:01 PM
I can't believe it.

How many times does that dumbass Nick Wright have to be Wrong before people realize what the deal is with that guy? It's insane the way some people respond to his "information". I mean, really crazy. It's like believing that your dog is Abraham Lincoln or something.

FAX

What if your dog has a beard and a top hat, Mr. FAX?

FAX
02-16-2012, 11:07 PM
What if your dog has a beard and a top hat, Mr. FAX?

In that case, your dog is Daniel Day-Lewis and you should ask him why in the hell he didn't finish off Leonardo DiCaprio when he had the chance.

FAX

WhiteWhale
02-16-2012, 11:10 PM
I want them to draft the stars, which they have done. Now you can bring in more stars thru free agency.

All in all we don't need to bring in "stars" in free agency.

We need a NT, a LG or C, and depth.

We brought in role players last season (including the top WR in FA) and that didn't change the perception. I won't want the team to overpay a guy like Franklin and hurt the team just to prove to some fans that they're 'trying'.

People just look at the cap number and make no effort to look at the context of WHY we have all that space. Nor do they understand that reported cap numbers are always always wrong.

ChiefsCountry
02-16-2012, 11:13 PM

Its just been Joe Horn, John Tait, and Donnie Edwards really. Maybe throw Neil Smith in there, the Chiefs have done a pretty good job of locking up there stud guys.

WhiteWhale
02-16-2012, 11:13 PM

Yup. McDaniels was our top option and we made no effort to even talk to him.

Another example of the stunning logic that's always on display around here.

NJChiefsFan
02-16-2012, 11:17 PM
So the guy that claims Carr is wanting 14m is the same guy that claims Carr is visiting other teams right now?

Sounds like Nick Wright is just making shit up again. Why does this idiot get so much play?

When the rest of the KC media is such a joke, he can pull of having supporters. In a real market I am sure he would have crashed by now.

I certainly can't make a court case out of it, but hearing the Carr interview on Nick Wright did not exactly make me think they ever talked before, let alone were friends. Forgetting all the other Nick Wright stuff, right or wrong, this one isn't logical because teams can't even talk to him until the 2nd week of March.

If people in Arrowhead knew Carr was talking to other teams they would be filing tampering charges. Even if KC thinks Carr may walk, they aren't going to just let him start talking to teams early.

Fat Elvis
02-16-2012, 11:46 PM
Its just been Joe Horn, John Tait, and Donnie Edwards really. Maybe throw Neil Smith in there, the Chiefs have done a pretty good job of locking up there stud guys.

Like Jared Allen?

BossChief
02-16-2012, 11:47 PM

You can take Tait off that list, too.

The bears structured his deal so that we literally couldn't match it.

We were really close to the cap and they structured the deal so that the first year had the bulk of the cash and if KC wanted to match, they would have had to cut multiple players and take multiple years worth of cap hits.

It was pretty much impossible to retain him, or we surely would have.

Neil Smiths agent fucked him.

He never kept Neil in the know of his own contract negotiations and told Neil he could get more money by moving on from KC.

The deal Neil took from Denver was less than the deal KC offered him and I'll never forget the interview Neil did after the deal was signed and they actually told him what KC offered. Neil looked like someone stole his baby.

Horn and Edwards we let walk.

Carl even admitted that letting Donnie walk was his biggest mistake as a GM later on, which should tell you everything you need to know about Carl...he looked at letting Donnie go as a bigger mistake than never drafting a franchise qb and always going after quick fix retreads from the 49ers tree.

jspchief
02-16-2012, 11:51 PM

If they are friends, why would he say Carr is visiting other teams before FA starts?

jspchief
02-16-2012, 11:55 PM
You can find a lot of things to bitch about with this FO, but letting home grown talent go over money isn't one of them.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-17-2012, 12:00 AM
Holy moly I may offer wicked an apology. Simplejackcity (mods make this happen) is giving him a run for his money.

SPchief
02-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Atleast Simplecity is only 15 and I'm assuming this is his first message board.

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2012, 12:15 AM

I didn't realize he was so young. I'll have to take it easy on him. :)

jspchief
02-17-2012, 12:18 AM

What? Hasn't he been here for years?

BigMeatballDave
02-17-2012, 12:18 AM
Like Jared Allen?

Traded

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-17-2012, 12:34 AM
Peter King@SI_PeterKingReply
Retweet

RT @KCKID913: Do you think the Chiefs sign both Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Carr? ... No. Carr more likely.

Hammock Parties
02-17-2012, 12:37 AM
Peter King is more full of fat than he is football insight.

FAX
02-17-2012, 12:43 AM
Retweet

RT @KCKID913: Do you think the Chiefs sign both Dwayne Bowe and Brandon Carr? ... No. Carr more likely.

Peter King's track record of accuracy hasn't been all that impressive of late.

You'd have equal luck reading some chicken bones you threw down on top of an oil drum.

Speaking of which ... since the voodoo guys (or voodudes, as the Argentinians refer to them) can use chicken bones to tell stuff about the future, I wonder why they can't just talk to the original chicken. It seems like, if the bones have information, the entire chicken might be like freaking Connie Chung or Walter Cronkite or Edward R. Murrow or somebody ... only with feathers and a more somewhat limited vocabulary.

FAX

Tribal Warfare
02-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Retweet

If KC makes the choice of re-signing Carr instead of Bowe, another line of thought is the Chiefs will tag Bowe for draft trade bait in hopes of getting another 1st round pick. If they can't they'll sign him to the franchise 1 year contract.

Looking at all of the angles.

jspchief
02-17-2012, 02:58 AM
Peter King's track record of accuracy hasn't been all that impressive of late.

You'd have equal luck reading some chicken bones you threw down on top of an oil drum.

Speaking of which ... since the voodoo guys (or voodudes, as the Argentinians refer to them) can use chicken bones to tell stuff about the future, I wonder why they can't just talk to the original chicken. It seems like, if the bones have information, the entire chicken might be like freaking Connie Chung or Walter Cronkite or Edward R. Murrow or somebody ... only with feathers and a more somewhat limited vocabulary.

FAX

I think you mean the original egg.

The Bad Guy
02-17-2012, 06:02 AM
Well, this doesn't sound good..

shaun smith @autumnsjs90
@BCarr39 u better leave them

2:38 AM - 17 Feb 12 via Twitter for iPhone

3h Iron Horse @BCarr39
@autumnsjs90 u ain't gotta tell me twice. Hit my cell tho

Pushead2
02-17-2012, 06:21 AM

yeah but if you look at his twitter timeline, he re-tweets a ton of fans saying the "Chiefs need to resign Carr".

It's still February too...

YayMike
02-17-2012, 06:33 AM
If you pay him....he will stay...that fucking simple.

BigRock
02-17-2012, 06:43 AM

Given the tweet the Nutcracker was responding to, as well as the rest of Carr's tweets from last night, I gather Carr was making repeated references to the ladies he was seeing at a club, which may or may not be located in Charlotte. And the Nutcracker basically told him not to do anything stupid.

I can provide a more detailed hip-to-Chiefsplanet translation if anyone requests.

Chiefnj2
02-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Neil Smiths agent ****ed him.

Screwed him right into a ring. I think the entire Chiefs team would like to get screwed like that.

The Bad Guy
02-17-2012, 08:00 AM
yeah but if you look at his twitter timeline, he re-tweets a ton of fans saying the "Chiefs need to resign Carr".

It's still February too...

I just saw that part. Didn't investigate into it further. Could mean a lot of different things I guess.

Chiefnj2
02-17-2012, 08:21 AM
I stayed up to watch some dumbass show on nfl network last night because they were going to run down the teams with the most cap space and the players they should go after. Sapp spoke for the Bucs and said they should make Bowe a priority.

Holt gave his opinion on KC. Said they should resign Carr or go after Finnigan. Then he said the next priority should be Mario Williams. He said they have nobody opposite Hali. That was it. No discussion of NT, or the OL or anything else.

They get paid handsomely to come up with that crap.

The Bad Guy
02-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Go after Mario Williams, who was terribly miscast in the 3-4? None of them know Justin Houston?

NFL players are about the worst for providing analysis.

FAX
02-17-2012, 08:38 AM
Go after Mario Williams, who was terribly miscast in the 3-4? None of them know Justin Houston?

It's a strange deal. They wait for guys to suffer a few dozen concussions then hire them to give their opinions. Sounds like the government.

FAX

the Talking Can
02-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Houston is going to be a destroyer next year.

Fuck Mario Williams

FAX
02-17-2012, 09:24 AM
Houston is going to be a destroyer next year.

**** Mario Williams

I hope Crennel takes the chain off that guy this year. I've said it before, but he has a phenomenal first step to the quarterback. One of the best I've ever seen.

FAX

Micjones
02-17-2012, 09:31 AM

Something tells me even a slightly undermarket contract would be a million times (40 million times) more persuasive than a jaded former roleplayer for this team. That exchange doesn't bother me at all.

beach tribe
02-17-2012, 11:50 AM
In that case, your dog is Daniel Day-Lewis and you should ask him why in the hell he didn't finish off Leonardo DiCaprio when he had the chance.

FAX
Carr to Clark
"I drink your milkshake!!!"
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/s_hFTR6qyEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BossChief
02-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Nobody at ESPN or NFLN cares about KC enough to watch the games.

Why should they?

We aren't gonna be on anyones radar until we get a quarterback that creates a buzz.

Even the clueless have given up on Matt Cassel.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-17-2012, 01:06 PM
Jason La Canfora@JasonLaCanforaReply
Stanford Routt making his latest free agent visit today, in Cincy. Was in Buffalo and KC earlier this week. #insideslant

Mr_Tomahawk
02-17-2012, 01:48 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Bengals announced former Raiders HC Hue Jackson will be their new assistant coach, helping secondary and special teams.

Maybe, hopefully, this gives cincy the edge for Routt...

lostcause
02-17-2012, 01:58 PM

5 sacks in 5 games is hardly miscast. This guy was fantastic in his first year at OLB until he tore his pec.

R8RFAN
02-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Bengals announced former Raiders HC Hue Jackson will be their new assistant coach, helping secondary and special teams.

Maybe, hopefully, this gives cincy the edge for Routt...

They are paying him back for the great deal they gave us on Carson

Titty Meat
02-17-2012, 04:06 PM

I saw that too but I thought that was in response to Carr saying "Lights on!!! better run girl!!!!"

ChiefsCountry
02-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Like Jared Allen?

We traded that drunk fucker for Branden Albert and Jamaal Charles.

ChiefsCountry
02-17-2012, 04:26 PM
I bet Detroit makes a run at Carr. Thats home turf for him as well.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-17-2012, 04:29 PM
I bet Detroit makes a run at Carr. Thats home turf for him as well.

Detroit Lions
Last week's figure: $122.8 million
Rollover: About $1.3 million
What it means: The Lions are very close to the projected cap number of about $120 million

Lions don't have the cap room

FAX
02-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Detroit Lions
Last week's figure: $122.8 million
Rollover: About $1.3 million
What it means: The Lions are very close to the projected cap number of about $120 million

Lions don't have the cap room

And that raises a good point.

We're rolling in cash now. But, we need to think about the future as well as next season.

We've seen teams (Tacks, anybody?) totally sell out in order to make it to the big dance (by the skin of their teeth) and cap hell swallowed their ass whole for the next decade. I would hate to see us do that.

FAX

O.city
02-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I agree with Mr. Fax, but we also can sign a ton of free agents, front load the shit outta their contract and be back under the cap next year.

Spending say 40 million dollars this offseason, if managed correctly, wouldn't really hurt us at all next offseason.

mcaj22
02-17-2012, 04:46 PM
what helps us though is the current cap eaters taking up our actual cap spent are all mostly guys on those inflated high pick rookie contracts as well as Mark Castle.

So when Dorsey, T-Jax, Cassel all come off those stupid contracts, that's even MORE space than we already have. So as we sign guys to actual deserving high contracts, these inflated rookie deals are coming to an end and it works out in our favor, or should anyway

jd1020
02-17-2012, 09:47 PM
I agree with Mr. Fax, but we also can sign a ton of free agents, front load the shit outta their contract and be back under the cap next year.

No we cant.

We are looking at Carr and Bowe and 1 other top FA. The rest is going to be used up by depth and the draft.

Spreading $20M among 2-3 top FA's isn't going to front load the shit out of anything.

jd1020
02-17-2012, 09:55 PM
what helps us though is the current cap eaters taking up our actual cap spent are all mostly guys on those inflated high pick rookie contracts as well as Mark Castle.

So when Dorsey, T-Jax, Cassel all come off those stupid contracts, that's even MORE space than we already have. So as we sign guys to actual deserving high contracts, these inflated rookie deals are coming to an end and it works out in our favor, or should anyway

Cassel is actually signed to a fairly reasonable contract. He's already made all of his guaranteed money. He's going to make $5.25M this year. Thats nothing for a starting QB.

Simplicity
02-17-2012, 09:56 PM
Idk but all this talk about teams showing interest in bowe n Carr is starting to bother me... It's like other boys talkin bout your girlfriend ):

FAX
02-17-2012, 10:02 PM
Right now, I'm mainly concerned with this romantic affection, infatuation, uncontrollable lust deal that Uhura has going for Spock. I'm very uncomfortable with it. Spock isn't supposed to have feelings, so it can't go anywhere really and, to be honest, Uhura is acting kind of slutty. I would much prefer that they maintain a professional relationship ... at least while they're on board and all. Besides, if Spock ever decides to settle down, he'll likely want to shack up with a Vulcan chick so they can interactively mind-meld while they do the big nasty. Nope. I don't like it. Not one bit.

FAX

jd1020
02-17-2012, 10:16 PM
No we cant.

We are looking at Carr and Bowe and 1 other top FA. The rest is going to be used up by depth and the draft.

Spreading $20M among 2-3 top FA's isn't going to front load the shit out of anything.

We are $30M under the true cap

Say we resign Bowe to what he's been reportedly after, 5/45. 9M/Y.

21M under the true cap.

We tag Carr, 10.6M.

10M under the true cap.

Sign Soliai and Nicks, probably looking at 8M/Y.

6M over the true cap.

Say we split that extra 20M with them right down the middle and give them 10M a piece for their first year. They are only making an extra 2M in their first year. Which means however long their contract is they are only going to be saving hundreds of thousands, not millions.

~4M over the true cap.

Bye Carr.

Bye Albert. (Sacc just jizzed)

BossChief
02-18-2012, 01:58 PM

21M under the true cap.

We tag Carr, 10.6M.

10M under the true cap.

6M over the true cap.

Say we split that extra 20M with them right down the middle and give them

10M a piece for their first year. They are only making an extra 2M in their first year. Which means however long their contract is they are only going to be saving hundreds of thousands, not millions.

~4M over the true cap.

Bye Carr.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

aturnis
02-18-2012, 02:01 PM

21M under the true cap.

We tag Carr, 10.6M.

10M under the true cap.

6M over the true cap.

Say we split that extra 20M with them right down the middle and give them 10M a piece for their first year. They are only making an extra 2M in their first year. Which means however long their contract is they are only going to be saving hundreds of thousands, not millions.

~4M over the true cap.

Bye Carr.

Yeah. You REALLY don't know what you're talking about do you?

htismaqe
02-18-2012, 04:47 PM

21M under the true cap.

We tag Carr, 10.6M.

10M under the true cap.

6M over the true cap.

~4M over the true cap.

Bye Carr.

Contracts don't count against the cap that way.

Let's just say Bowe gets 5 years, $45M with a $12M signing bonus. Assuming no other bonuses just for the sake of discussion, that's $33M in base salary over the life of the contract.

If it's structured like a lot of modern contracts, it's heavily backloaded. So let's put year 4 at $10M and year 5 at $12M for base salary. That leaves $11M to spread over the first 3 years of the contract. Assuming an even spread with slight escalation, we'll say $2.5M year one, $3.5M year two, $4M year 3.

The signing bonus counts against the cap as prorated against the length of the contract - $12M divided by 5 is $1.4M per year.

So Bowe's theoretical payday would count just $3.9M against the 2012 cap.

htismaqe
02-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Cassel is actually signed to a fairly reasonable contract. He's already made all of his guaranteed money. He's going to make $5.25M this year. Thats nothing for a starting QB.

We'd have a small amount of dead money against the cap to account for his signing bonus but in terms of CASH, he's been paid. We can cut him now and be out basically nothing.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-18-2012, 07:13 PM
Danny Parkins@DannyParkinsReply

Jeffri Chadiha on the #Chiefs re-signing Carr: "Clark Hunt is far too cheap to compete in that type of bidding war."

BossChief
02-18-2012, 07:16 PM
Cassel may only count for 5.25 this year, but that goes up to 7.5 next year and over 9 the following year.

There is no chance we cut him this year, but if he doesnt step up he will be gone next year.

O.city
02-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Chadiha is not a fan of Pioli, at all.

BossChief
02-18-2012, 07:18 PM
If we lose Carr, he better sign a dumbfuck deal somewhere else.

We lose him to a reasonable deal, that will be unforgivable.

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 07:20 PM
I'll add fuel to the fire.

According to PFF Routt led the league in penalties and was burned for 9 TDs, most in the league.

Surprisingly he was actually 19th in coverage, which is very good, and actually better than Carr.

If you can live with one pass interference penalty a game he'd be a good signing IMO. Last year was his first year starting so he could be a guy that will improve. He was also Oakland's best corner.

Hog's Gone Fishin
02-18-2012, 07:23 PM

According to PFF Routt led the league in penalties and was burned for 9 TDs, most in the league.

Surprisingly he was actually 19th in coverage, which is very good, and actually better than Carr.

He'll suck with whatever team he signs with. The Raiders giving him a big contract is meaningless. They are chronic morons.

BossChief
02-18-2012, 07:24 PM

If you can live with one pass interference penalty a game he'd be a good signing IMO. Last year was his first year starting so he could be a guy that will improve. He was also Oakland's best corner.

Shoot us some rankings from the previous two years when he was #2 to Asamughua, will ya?

I thought I remembered you saying once he was ranked real high the year before and that's why he got that "Al Davis Contract"

Hammock Parties
02-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Shoot us some rankings from the previous two years when he was #2 to Asamughua, will ya?

I thought I remembered you saying once he was ranked real high the year before and that's why he got that "Al Davis Contract"

No, absolutely not.

He had a 1.5 coverage rating in 2010. Good, but not great. Penalties were again an issue.

I hope we wouldn't give him big money, though.

The Bad Guy
02-18-2012, 07:44 PM
Danny Parkins@DannyParkinsReply

Jeffri Chadiha on the #Chiefs re-signing Carr: "Clark Hunt is far too cheap to compete in that type of bidding war."

Chadiha now sounds like someone just with an ax to grind.

Bidding war? There won't be one if they franchise him.

Why roll over the cap space if you aren't going to spend it. If he was just going to let it go, he could have just left that cap space alone.

whoman69
02-18-2012, 07:54 PM
Right now, I'm mainly concerned with this romantic affection, infatuation, uncontrollable lust deal that Uhura has going for Spock. I'm very uncomfortable with it. Spock isn't supposed to have feelings, so it can't go anywhere really and, to be honest, Uhura is acting kind of slutty. I would much prefer that they maintain a professional relationship ... at least while they're on board and all. Besides, if Spock ever decides to settle down, he'll likely want to shack up with a Vulcan chick so they can interactively mind-meld while they do the big nasty. Nope. I don't like it. Not one bit.

FAX

Then you need to go back to the non reboot where Nurse Chapel was in love with Spock.

BossChief
02-18-2012, 07:57 PM
If I had to chose between the two, I'd franchise Carr.

Losing Bowe would hurt, but there are options out there to replace him with that are pretty good and if we don't, Cassel might just struggle enough they would be forced to pull him.

Also, if we lose Bowe we still have Baldwin and Breaston ...if we lose Carr we don't have anyone that can replace him.

I just won't understand it if we lose either player.

Hopefully, this is all strategic and we are gonna use other teams to identify the true market value of Carr and are willing to pay that.

BigRock
02-18-2012, 08:06 PM
Why roll over the cap space if you aren't going to spend it.

PR. Any team that didn't roll over their cap space would have gotten killed in the media for it. It didn't cost anything to roll the extra cap space over, so there would be no way for a team to justify not doing it. It would basically be an official announcement that "Nope, we're not going to spend anything. Sorry! But don't worry, we'll be happy to keep taking YOUR money every Sunday."

Even if they don't plan on spending a dime in FA, they still had to do it.

NJChiefsFan
02-18-2012, 08:37 PM
PR. Any team that didn't roll over their cap space would have gotten killed in the media for it. It didn't cost anything to roll the extra cap space over, so there would be no way for a team to justify not doing it. It would basically be an official announcement that "Nope, we're not going to spend anything. Sorry! But don't worry, we'll be happy to keep taking YOUR money every Sunday."

Even if they don't plan on spending a dime in FA, they still had to do it.

You are 100% correct. Whether KC actually uses it or not, they had to roll it over. You can say "hey we had money but nobody was worth it when we looked". You can't say "hey we aren't going to use it" before you even look. I won't accept either comment, but you certainly can't say the second one.

htismaqe
02-19-2012, 07:06 AM
If I had to chose between the two, I'd franchise Carr.

Losing Bowe would hurt, but there are options out there to replace him with that are pretty good and if we don't, Cassel might just struggle enough they would be forced to pull him.

Also, if we lose Bowe we still have Baldwin and Breaston ...if we lose Carr we don't have anyone that can replace him.

I just won't understand it if we lose either player.

Hopefully, this is all strategic and we are gonna use other teams to identify the true market value of Carr and are willing to pay that.

Pretty much how I fell too, especially the part in bold.

htismaqe
02-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Chadiha now sounds like someone just with an ax to grind.

Kind of what I was thinking when I read it.

I'm as pissed off as anybody right now and a lot of people here think I have an axe to grind.

And even *I* think Chadiha sounds like he's lost all objectivity...

:)

DeezNutz
02-19-2012, 07:19 AM
I disagree that it would be more damaging to lose Carr than Bowe. Flowers is very capable, and I believe that it's easier to find viable corners in this league. They might not be able to play at a Carr level, but...and didn't we just draft a KR, err..CB, in the second in the "phenomenal" draft of 2010?

Beyond Bowe, we're very light at WR. Breaston, OK. Baldwin? We have no idea what this guy is or will become. I have to laugh at how much love a rookie with 21 career receptions receives around here. Meanwhile, Bowe gets hammered routinely. The same player who put up 70 receptions in his rookie year and was quickly a 1000-yard receiver, until Haley regressed him and then redeveloped him into a 1000-yard receiver. Congrats, Haley?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-19-2012, 07:47 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/19/stanford-routt-will-be-picking-his-next-team-soon/

Stanford Routt will be picking his next team soon

Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2012, 7:14 AM EST

Cut more than a week ago by the Raiders, cornerback Stanford Routt has yet to select his next team.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that a decision is coming soon.

Since Monday, he has visited the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals. Other teams reportedly were interested.

The release came a day before Routt’s presence on the Raiders’ roster would have made his $5 million base salary for 2012 fully guaranteed. He left Oakland with $10 million in his pocket from 2011 and a $5 million guaranteed roster bonus in 2012.

The news that Routt will soon pick a team comes amid chatter that he’s having trouble generating real interest in his services.

Apparently, at least one team has legitimate interest; if not, there would be no selection for Routt to make.

Pasta Little Brioni
02-19-2012, 07:57 AM
I disagree that it would be more damaging to lose Carr than Bowe. Flowers is very capable, and I believe that it's easier to find viable corners in this league. They might not be able to play at a Carr level, but...and didn't we just draft a KR, err..CB, in the second in the "phenomenal" draft of 2010?

Beyond Bowe, we're very light at WR. Breaston, OK. Baldwin? We have no idea what this guy is or will become. I have to laugh at how much love a rookie with 21 career receptions receives around here. Meanwhile, Bowe gets hammered routinely. The same player who put up 70 receptions in his rookie year and was quickly a 1000-yard receiver, until Haley regressed him and then redeveloped him into a 1000-yard receiver. Congrats, Haley?

The Bowe bashing has always been retarded on this site. This place is unbelievable some times. A guy that comes in makes an impact year one, puts up consistent numbers despite inconsistent QB play and still have to hear shit like TRADE BOWE HE HAS TEH DROPSIES AN NOT ELITES :whackit:

Pasta Little Brioni
02-19-2012, 08:01 AM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/19/stanford-routt-will-be-picking-his-next-team-soon/

Stanford Routt will be picking his next team soon

Posted by Mike Florio on February 19, 2012, 7:14 AM EST

Cut more than a week ago by the Raiders, cornerback Stanford Routt has yet to select his next team.

A source with knowledge of the situation tells PFT that a decision is coming soon.

Since Monday, he has visited the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals. Other teams reportedly were interested.

The release came a day before Routt’s presence on the Raiders’ roster would have made his $5 million base salary for 2012 fully guaranteed. He left Oakland with $10 million in his pocket from 2011 and a $5 million guaranteed roster bonus in 2012.

The news that Routt will soon pick a team comes amid chatter that he’s having trouble generating real interest in his services.

Apparently, at least one team has legitimate interest; if not, there would be no selection for Routt to make.

Buffalo will you accept this rose?

Mr_Tomahawk
02-19-2012, 08:03 AM
Buffalo will you accept this rose?

The decision coming soon gives me hope it isn't us...

Pasta Little Brioni
02-19-2012, 08:05 AM
The decision coming soon gives me hope it isn't us...

I don't get angry about football moves very often, but when I do it'll be Dos loseBoweorCarr. Stay cheap my friends.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 02:59 PM
A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com free agent CB Stanford Routt is close to picking a new team.
Routt has visited the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals, but has reportedly had trouble "generating real interest in his services." It could be an indication he'll have to settle for a one-year deal. With the Chiefs potentially losing Brandon Carr to free agency, Kansas City may be Routt's most likely destination. Related: Bills, Bengals, Chiefs

jd1020
02-19-2012, 03:02 PM
A source with knowledge of the situation tells Profootballtalk.com free agent CB Stanford Routt is close to picking a new team.
Routt has visited the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals, but has reportedly had trouble "generating real interest in his services." It could be an indication he'll have to settle for a one-year deal. With the Chiefs potentially losing Brandon Carr to free agency, Kansas City may be Routt's most likely destination. Related: Bills, Bengals, Chiefs

In before people blindly throw Pioli under the bus...

... too late.

Bowser
02-19-2012, 03:05 PM
As I've said before, Routt would be a great sign, provided we re-sign Carr.

I don't see the problem with this, seeing how the NFL is a pass happy league these days.

Urc Burry
02-19-2012, 03:08 PM
My guess is he will be a bengal

jd1020
02-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Would he play safety or something?

What would be the purpose of signing Routt if we re-signed Carr?

Maybe bounce Flowers to safety?

Hammock Parties
02-19-2012, 03:10 PM

I don't see the problem with this, seeing how the NFL is a pass happy league these days.

He'll want too much money to be a backup.

Bowser
02-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Would he play safety or something?

What would be the purpose of signing Routt if we re-signed Carr?

Can't have too many corners these days. Carr-Flowers-Arenas-Routt-Berry-Lewis would be a nice defensive backfield.

In the end, I just want Carr back. Routt would just be a luxury if that were to happen.

jd1020
02-19-2012, 03:12 PM
Can't have too many corners these days. Carr-Flowers-Arenas-Routt-Berry-Lewis would be a nice defensive backfield.

In the end, I just want Carr back. Routt would just be a luxury if that were to happen.

It would be stupid to pay someone starter money to play backup.

Bowser
02-19-2012, 03:12 PM
He'll want too much money to be a backup.

True, but I don't want him as a starter on my team.

Like I said, a total luxury pick, IF we re-sign Carr. Otherwise he can stay away from KC.

Bowser
02-19-2012, 03:13 PM
It would be stupid to pay someone starter money to play backup.

I never said we should pay him starter money. He's not worth starter money, imo.

jd1020
02-19-2012, 03:15 PM
I never said we should pay him starter money. He's not worth starter money, imo.

Then you can end your dream about him coming here to be backup.

Okie_Apparition
02-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Trade him to St Louis

lostcause
02-19-2012, 03:17 PM
The days of 2 wide receiver base sets are long gone. A nickel corner is pretty much a starting gig.

DeezNutz
02-19-2012, 03:19 PM
In before people blindly throw Pioli under the bus...

... too late.

Haven't most been saying that not re-signing Carr would be a mistake? How is this blindly throwing Pioli under the bus?

BossChief
02-19-2012, 03:21 PM

For every time we say "Bowe did all this without a legit qb"...well, we could also say that "Carr did very well in coverage despite the fact that the team lacked a pass rush for all but 7 or 8 games in 2011"

We can also say that if we make the decision to move on from Cassel, we dont need Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin...we could get by with two good receivers and a solid slot guy.

Shit, Orton got a guy like Brandon Lloyd to be the leading receiver in the NFL.

Ive always been in the camp that thinks quarterbacks make receivers, not the other way around.

All in all, I cant really understand why we have to make this decision.

Plenty of money to spend, just fucking spend it.

Hammock Parties
02-19-2012, 03:21 PM
Routt is 6-2. There's no way he's playing nickel anywhere.

jd1020
02-19-2012, 03:22 PM
Haven't most been saying that not re-signing Carr would be a mistake? How is this blindly throwing Pioli under the bus?

1) Pioli can't offer him a contract until he's a FA.
2) Pioli may offer him a legit deal for his services.
3) Someone else might offer him an over the top deal.
4) Carr might not want to play in KC.

If Pioli has been good at anything, it's been retaining key players. But there's nothing you can do if someone already has 1 foot out the door.

Bowser
02-19-2012, 03:24 PM
Plenty of money to spend, just fucking spend it.This is the bottome line.

I'm not going to go as far as to say he SUCKS, but when you lead the league in TD's allowed and penalites for defensive backs.....

He'll get his money somewhere. If it's here, I really hope he's playing alongside Carr, not replacing him.

lostcause
02-19-2012, 03:25 PM

Assuming this is a valid point, if we're playing the pats in the AFC championship - who do you want lining up on Welker, Carr or Arenas?

Hammock Parties
02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Brandon Flowers. And he would be the guy. He's played nickel in the past.

BigRock
02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
Why do people keep saying this?

lostcause
02-19-2012, 03:28 PM
semantics. the game we're playing is that signing routt and carr isn't necessarily relegating anybody to a backup position. having 3 capable corners is imperative for success in this league.

Urc Burry
02-19-2012, 03:28 PM
Assuming this is a valid point, if we're playing the pats in the AFC championship - who do you want lining up on Welker, Carr or Arenas?

IIRC Arenas was on him most of the game this season and all but shut him dowm

Okie_Apparition
02-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Flowers is always getting mentioned for injuries, though not game missing
Carr is going to have to be signed elsewhere before I'd worry about it
he seems more reliable to be there game to game

Hammock Parties
02-19-2012, 03:33 PM
semantics. the game we're playing is that signing routt and carr isn't necessarily relegating anybody to a backup position. having 3 capable corners is imperative for success in this league.

We have 3 capable corners.

Routt can't play nickel, and would be overpaid in that position anyway, so he's not coming here if we resign Carr.

Someone will give him starter money.

BossChief
02-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Why to people keep talking about the $ Routt is asking for/his market value as if any off us know what that is?

He was cut from a contract that was gonna pay him 10.5 and was "out of whack"

Maybe he is looking for 4-5 million per year...or less.

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 03:54 PM
What the fuck?

DeezNutz
02-19-2012, 03:54 PM
For every time we say "Bowe did all this without a legit qb"...well, we could also say that "Carr did very well in coverage despite the fact that the team lacked a pass rush for all but 7 or 8 games in 2011"

We can also say that if we make the decision to move on from Cassel, we dont need Bowe, Breaston and Baldwin...we could get by with two good receivers and a solid slot guy.

Shit, Orton got a guy like Brandon Lloyd to be the leading receiver in the NFL.

Ive always been in the camp that thinks quarterbacks make receivers, not the other way around.

All in all, I cant really understand why we have to make this decision.

Plenty of money to spend, just ****ing spend it.

And that's what we don't know we have. Baldwin? Mystery. Brokaki? Will he defy the nickname? Breaston? Solid. Not great but solid.

If we move on, particularly if it's to a rookie, it would be essential to give him reliable targets to help in the development process.

Hammock Parties
02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Why to people keep talking about the $ Routt is asking for/his market value as if any off us know what that is?

He was cut from a contract that was gonna pay him 10.5 and was "out of whack"

Maybe he is looking for 4-5 million per year...or less.

That's still more than backups get paid.

O.city
02-19-2012, 03:55 PM
Like already said in this thread, the point is moot.

We have enough money, jsut resign both guys.

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 04:06 PM
But Boss told us Carr wasn't talking to another team cuz it was against the rules and that Wright is full of shit.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:12 PM
But Boss told us Carr wasn't talking to another team cuz it was against the rules and that Wright is full of shit.

Carr cant talk to anyone till Mar 13 at 4pm

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 04:16 PM
Carr cant talk to anyone till Mar 13 at 4pm

You're right teams never tamper.

Okie_Apparition
02-19-2012, 04:17 PM
Dabol is on staff now

Tribal Warfare
02-19-2012, 04:17 PM
If KC doesn't sign Carr it's big indicator IMO that we'll go after someone like Solai and spend the cap cash there.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
You're right teams never tamper.

Not many teams are gonna risk a first round pick and tamper over carr.

Bowser
02-19-2012, 04:18 PM
If KC doesn't sign Carr it's big indicator IMO that we'll go after someone like Solai and spend the cap cash there.

Or that we're just really fucking cheap.

Okie_Apparition
02-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Flowers' injuries catch up for a few games & you send out Rout &..............Brown

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 04:19 PM
Not many teams are gonna risk a first round pick and tamper over carr.

ROFL nobody is going to have to give up a first round pick. Stick to copying and pasting tweets.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:20 PM
ROFL nobody is going to have to give up a first round pick. Stick to copying and pasting tweets.

God You're a dumbass do you even know the nfl rules?

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:23 PM

Plus Pioli has already won a case of tampering for a scub player do you really think any team is gonna mess around with carr before mar 13?

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 04:24 PM
God You're a dumbass do you even know the nfl rules?

LMAO

Why don't you copy and paste them like you do everything else?

DeezNutz
02-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Or that we're just really ****ing cheap.

Hunt getting back the stadium investment before the cap floor kicks in.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:26 PM
LMAO

Why don't you copy and paste them like you do everything else?

Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network is reporting that the Kansas City Chiefs have won a tampering charge against the Detroit Lions. As a result of the ruling by the NFL, the Chiefs and Lions will switch 5th round picks and Detroit will be stripped of it’s 7th round pick. It is not clear exactly what the charge entailed, however it likely stems from some comments made by former KC defensive coordinator and head coach Gunther Cunningham. As the Chiefs continued to cut many dead weight players picked up during the Herm Edwards/Gunther Cunningham era, Gun, who had landed in Detroit [...]

This is for a scub player.

Bowser
02-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Jason LaCanfora of NFL Network is reporting that the Kansas City Chiefs have won a tampering charge against the Detroit Lions. As a result of the ruling by the NFL, the Chiefs and Lions will switch 5th round picks and Detroit will be stripped of it’s 7th round pick. It is not clear exactly what the charge entailed, however it likely stems from some comments made by former KC defensive coordinator and head coach Gunther Cunningham. As the Chiefs continued to cut many dead weight players picked up during the Herm Edwards/Gunther Cunningham era, Gun, who had landed in Detroit [...]

We swicth fifth rounders? So we drop down in the fifth round?

jd1020
02-19-2012, 04:30 PM

... That was last season.

We moved up and the Lions forfeited their 7th.

Mr. Laz
02-19-2012, 04:31 PM
we shouldn't need to either/or

if we do let carr go and spend that money elsewhere it will be because either

1.) there is some problem with Carr that they don't think a big investment with be worth it.

2.) Carr has basically told them that he is bailing for a different market for xx reason.

3.) They don't think they can spend any more big $$ on the secondary. Berry,Flowers are big money guys and they think it will screw the team cap balance to keep spending on the secondary.

If 3 is the case then imo they should of spent it on Carr instead of Flowers but that's just me. I think Carr is physically more gifted and is going to last longer.

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 04:32 PM

Yeah that's not a 1st round pick like you were claiming.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:33 PM

That was last year chiefs had a better record.

Okie_Apparition
02-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I'm thinking the Lions got that pick back, IRC
right before draft time

Bowser
02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
... That was last season.

We moved up and the Lions forfeited their 7th.

:doh!:

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Yeah that's not a 1st round pick like you were claiming.

Its is based on the player involved I'm sure carr could get a 2nd round pick.

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Its is based on the player involved I'm sure carr could get a 2nd round pick.

Like I said stick to copying and pasting. You don't know shit.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:44 PM

Just like you

Tribal Warfare
02-19-2012, 04:45 PM
we shouldn't need to either/or

if we do let carr go and spend that money elsewhere it will be because either

1.) there is some problem with Carr that they don't think a big investment with be worth it.

2.) Carr has basically told them that he is bailing for a different market for xx reason.

3.) They don't think they can spend any more big $$ on the secondary. Berry,Flowers are big money guys and they think it will screw the team cap balance to keep spending on the secondary.

If 3 is the case then imo they should of spent it on Carr instead of Flowers but that's just me. I think Carr is physically more gifted and is going to last longer.

The Carr situation shouldn't be a problem if the Chiefs really do want to resign him, but with the DBs that KC were talking to at the Senior Bowl it looks like they are moving on. KC will spend the cash and invest in the NT position if Carr in KC's mind is asking too much.

Okie_Apparition
02-19-2012, 04:47 PM
I can recall people being up in arms over letting Tongue walk
I don't recall hearing much from him in Seattle
This seems all together differnt, but it was several years ago

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:48 PM

ChiefsandO'sfan
@evansilva Could a team lose a first round pick if they talk to a free agent before Mar 13?

evansilva@ChiefsandO'sfan
if they get caught

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 04:53 PM
ChiefsandO'sfan
@evansilva Could a team lose a first round pick if they talk to a free agent before Mar 13?

evansilva@ChiefsandO'sfan
if they get caught

ROFL more copying and pasting tweets how predictable.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:54 PM
ROFL more copying and pasting tweets how predictable.

You mad I'm right and you're wrong?

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 04:55 PM
You mad I'm right and you are wrong?

No you aren't right because you haven't proved Wright's claim to be incorrect.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM

I don't care what wright said the facts are carr cant talk to anyone till Mar 13 at 4pm

jd1020
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM

What does Wright's claim have to do with the consequences?

A team can talk to Carr, if they want to risk the potential consequence of doing so.

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't care what wright said the facts are carr cant talk to anyone till Mar 13 at 4pm

Why don't you tweet Nick Wright since that's all your good at?

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-19-2012, 05:02 PM
Why don't you tweet Nick Wright since that's all your good at?

http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/you%20mad/grand/2jb8sig.gif (http://gifsforum.com/gif/27654)
More you mad here (http://gifsforum.com/listofgifs/gallery/you%20mad)

BossChief
02-19-2012, 05:05 PM
If Nick Wright wanted to get in good with Pioli and maybe even get an exclusive or two....wouldn't single handedly getting the team another draft pick go a long way towards achieving that?

Also, all Gunther did was say to the media that he would like to bring in Jerrod Page if we cut him (and he didnt even say his name) and his team lost a seventh round pick and had to move down in the 5th round JUST FOR THAT.

The penalty for actually bringing a player in for workout/talks while he is under contract with another team would carry a much stiffer penalty.

I cant remember the player in question, but there was tampering a case a few years ago where the team lost a premium pick.

It wasnt a first rounder, though.

milkman
02-19-2012, 05:06 PM

As Big Rock has pointed out a couple of times, that 30% rule was only in place because of the expiring CBA.

The Chiefs have no restriction on negotiating with and signing Carr before the free agent period begins.

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 05:26 PM
If Nick Wright wanted to get in good with Pioli and maybe even get an exclusive or two....wouldn't single handedly getting the team another draft pick go a long way towards achieving that?

Also, all Gunther did was say to the media that he would like to bring in Jerrod Page if we cut him (and he didnt even say his name) and his team lost a seventh round pick and had to move down in the 5th round JUST FOR THAT.

The penalty for actually bringing a player in for workout/talks while he is under contract with another team would carry a much stiffer penalty.

I cant remember the player in question, but there was tampering a case a few years ago where the team lost a premium pick.

It wasnt a first rounder, though.

I don't know Brandon Carr's agent but what if he has clients on other teams and the agent was simply talking to said team about another player and there like BTW what about Brandon Carr? I don't see why an agent would run to the league about that. No doubt Wright should be pressed on this some more. I'm wondering if the NFL would even give him a call? If we're losing Carr might as well get some compensation for it.

I do know Nick is friends with some players because I've seen him at a club downtown with some guys and he's mentioned several times how he's went to dinner and stuff with them. I don't understand why he'd lie.

jd1020
02-19-2012, 05:27 PM
I don't know Brandon Carr's agent but what if he has clients on other teams and the agent was simply talking to said team about another player and there like BTW what about Brandon Carr? I don't see why an agent would run to the league about that. No doubt Wright should be pressed on this some more. I'm wondering if the NFL would even give him a call? If we're losing Carr might as well get some compensation for it.

I do know Nick is friends with some players because I've seen him at a club downtown with some guys and he's mentioned several times how he's went to dinner and stuff with them. I don't understand why he'd lie.

Who are they talking about in the first place? David Garrard?

BossChief
02-19-2012, 05:30 PM
But Boss told us Carr wasn't talking to another team cuz it was against the rules and that Wright is full of shit.he almost always is.

OK, you dont see how an agent would run to the league about tampering, but you can see how he would make a call to Nick Wright?

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 05:37 PM
he almost always is.

OK, you dont see how an agent would run to the league about tampering, but you can see how he would make a call to Nick Wright?

How so?

You have a great ability to take what I said and twist it. I never once said an agent contacted Nick Wright. I said it's possible Carr himself or another teammate might have told Nick as he's friends with those guys.

Urc Burry
02-19-2012, 05:44 PM
How so?

You have a great ability to take what I said and twist it. I never once said an agent contacted Nick Wright. I said it's possible Carr himself or another teammate might have told Nick as he's friends with those guys.

You think Nick Wright hangs out with players? ROFL

BossChief
02-19-2012, 05:48 PM
That's equally as dumb.

Hey, we are gonna do something that is illegal in terms of our job.

Lets call a news reporter and tell him whats going on.

Does that make any sense?

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 05:52 PM
That's equally as dumb.

Hey, we are gonna do something that is illegal in terms of our job.

Lets call a news reporter and tell him whats going on.

Does that make any sense?

Nick Wright is a news reporter?

milkman
02-19-2012, 05:57 PM
Nick Wright is a news reporter?

You get the point, dumbass.

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 05:59 PM
You get the point, dumbass.

Here comes Milkman to the rescue. Did you bring the knee pads too?

BossChief
02-19-2012, 06:00 PM
You know what I mean, lets not get into some semantics debate.

The most logical explanation for this is that Wright threw something against the wall to see if it would stick.

If the "news he reported" really was legit, he missed a golden opportunity to have his career take the next step.

He could have been the only guy in KC (besides Jack Harry) to get exclusives with the Don and would have single handedly gotten the team a draft pick.

I guess that would have come at the cost of blowing the whistle on a "source" though...

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 06:04 PM
You know what I mean, lets not get into some semantics debate.

The most logical explanation for this is that Wright threw something against the wall to see if it would stick.

If the "news he reported" really was legit, he missed a golden opportunity to have his career take the next step.

He could have been the only guy in KC (besides Jack Harry) to get exclusives with the Don and would have single handedly gotten the team a draft pick.

I guess that would have come at the cost of blowing the whistle on a "source" though...

I think the bridge with Pioli has already been burnt.

Lets hope he gets a call from the NFL though. I don't know why he would put that out there but the guy is a cocky motherfucker.

BossChief
02-19-2012, 06:07 PM
He put it out there because the Brandon Carr situation is a hot topic in KC and he knew it would get people to tune into his show, nothing more.

Id be absolutely shocked if there was ANY validity to the report, whatsoever.

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 06:12 PM
He put it out there because the Brandon Carr situation is a hot topic in KC and he knew it would get people to tune into his show, nothing more.

Id be absolutely shocked if there was ANY validity to the report, whatsoever.

I'll try to find the clip but he briefly mentioned it then moved onto college basketball.

I guess we'll really never know either way.

Messier
02-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Nick Wright is the ultimate jock sniffer.

BossChief
02-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Remember man, he gets paid by the amount of advertising revenue his show generates (though, not directly) and it doesnt always have to have a factual basis.

As long as it gets people to tune in, it raises the amount of "active listeners" to his show and that number is what they sell to the products trying to purchase commercial time.

The higher the number, the more they can charge.

He will get double the listeners if he says he has info about a hot topic than if he goes on the air without something "juicy" even if all he did was make it up an hour before going on air.

Titty Meat
02-19-2012, 06:22 PM
That's true. Anyway enough about that guy.

I've read Routt is a press coverage man guy but from all his highlights i've seen it looks like he was playing some sort of different coverage?

xztop12
02-19-2012, 06:31 PM
the teams in dire need of speed at corner, i dont care what people say. speed changes how they can call the D, if Romeo wants the guy then that's why

DeezNutz
02-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Carr is slow?

milkman
02-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Here comes Milkman to the rescue. Did you bring the knee pads too?

I never revert to gay insults, because I have not idea what anyone's lifestyle is.

My insults are directed at the lack of intellect of an individual's post.

I do wonder, however, why some people seem so obsessed with the gay insults?

RustShack
02-19-2012, 09:03 PM
I've never realized how retarded Bo Pelini was.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-20-2012, 10:31 AM
Routt’s new deal expected today

Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2012, 11:28 AM EST

Reuters
On Sunday morning, we reported that former Raiders cornerback Stanford Routt will soon be picking his next team.

We now expect that decision to be finalized and formalized today.

Routt has visited the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals since being released by the Raiders, who made the move to avoid fully guaranteeing his $5 million base salary for 2012. (Routt nevertheless leaves with $10 million in hand and another $5 million on the way; even DeAngelo Hall thinks that’s a good haul for a short stint in Oakland.)

Since the Chiefs play the Raiders twice per year and they face the possible departure of Brandon Carr via free agency and they use the same kind of man-to-man style with which Routt is familiar, we’ve got a feeling Routt will be wearing an arrowhead on his next helmet.

DeezNutz
02-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Essentially losing Carr would be a cool start to the week.

ModSocks
02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Routt’s new deal expected today

Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2012, 11:28 AM EST

Reuters
On Sunday morning, we reported that former Raiders cornerback Stanford Routt will soon be picking his next team.

We now expect that decision to be finalized and formalized today.

Routt has visited the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals since being released by the Raiders, who made the move to avoid fully guaranteeing his $5 million base salary for 2012. (Routt nevertheless leaves with $10 million in hand and another $5 million on the way; even DeAngelo Hall thinks that’s a good haul for a short stint in Oakland.)

Since the Chiefs play the Raiders twice per year and they face the possible departure of Brandon Carr via free agency and they use the same kind of man-to-man style with which Routt is familiar, we’ve got a feeling Routt will be wearing an arrowhead on his next helmet.

Routt is a Flintstone's Band Aid over the gaping chasm that would be left if we lost Carr.

jd1020
02-20-2012, 10:33 AM
I wont be upset if they do sign Routt and lose Carr, but it depends on what else they plan to do with the money they saved.

Mr_Tomahawk
02-20-2012, 10:34 AM

Well...suck.

Brock
02-20-2012, 10:38 AM
I wont be upset if they do sign Routt and lose Carr, but it depends on what else they plan to do with the money they saved.

Yeah. A better pass rush > Carr, assuming they can get that.

DeezNutz
02-20-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah. A better pass rush > Carr, assuming they can get that.

Already have the rushers in place, just need the nose. I guess I don't understand why this has to be an either/or situation.

jd1020
02-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Already have the rushers in place, just need the nose. I guess I don't understand why this has to be an either/or situation.

Maybe they are looking at trading Dorsey and signing Williams? Who knows. We don't even know if they are going to sign Routt.

Brock
02-20-2012, 10:53 AM

I don't think it should be either, but it just seems to me that most teams don't invest big dollars in 2 corners. Also, more pass rushers is good.

DeezNutz
02-20-2012, 10:53 AM
Maybe they are looking at trading Dorsey and signing Williams? Who knows. We don't even know if they are going to sign Routt.

Yep. All speculative bullshit at the trough this morning.

DeezNutz
02-20-2012, 10:54 AM
I don't think it should be either, but it just seems to me that most teams don't invest big dollars in 2 corners. Also, more pass rushers is good.

True, but most teams put a vested interest in the QB position, too.

I don't know. Just going to be disappointing if we have to see young talent like Carr and Bowe walk.

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Report: Stanford Routt decision nearing

February, 20, 2012
Feb 20

11:44

By Bill Williamson

Former Oakland cornerback Stanford Routt may have a home soon.

According to two league sources, Routt could sign with a team as soon as Monday. The Kansas City Chiefs are one of the teams in the mix for Routt. He visited the Chiefs, along with the Bengals and Bills. There were not any other reported visits. It is feasible that other teams -- the Titans, perhaps -- could still be involved.

If the Chiefs sign Routt, it will be an indication that the team will not re-sign free-agent cornerback Brandon Carr. He will be popular on the free-agent market.

I will be traveling and out of pocket for a few hours later Monday. If the Routt news breaks during that time period, I will have reaction later Monday.

Micjones
02-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Hope he's signing elsewhere. I'd hate to see this team concede Carr.
Unless they know that he has absolutely no interest in coming back.
And even then...it'd probably be wisest to franchise him and get something for him or one more year of his services.

malachi47000
02-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Report: Stanford Routt decision nearing

February, 20, 2012
Feb 20

11:44

By Bill Williamson

Former Oakland cornerback Stanford Routt may have a home soon.

According to two league sources, Routt could sign with a team as soon as Monday. The Kansas City Chiefs are one of the teams in the mix for Routt. He visited the Chiefs, along with the Bengals and Bills. There were not any other reported visits. It is feasible that other teams -- the Titans, perhaps -- could still be involved.

If the Chiefs sign Routt, it will be an indication that the team will not re-sign free-agent cornerback Brandon Carr. He will be popular on the free-agent market.

I will be traveling and out of pocket for a few hours later Monday. If the Routt news breaks during that time period, I will have reaction later Monday.

If KC loses Carr that is a fail in itself, however, if Routt is signed, then it proves the Chiefs are not willing to work on keeping Carr. Doesn't that negate the use of the Franchise Tag on him and the Chiefs essentially lose him for NOTHING AT ALL??

In58men
02-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Routt is garbage. He has a fetish for pass interferences'.

I wouldn't waste my time with him.

Okie_Apparition
02-20-2012, 11:20 AM
Hoping this moves Carr's bowels
Pioli putting the exlax in the negotiations & getting butt cheeks off the pot

ShowtimeSBMVP
02-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Patrick Moran@PatrickMoranBSDReply
Retweet
PFT reports CB Stanford Routt expected to make his FA decision today and predict he joins KC. I agree-- don't think it will be the #Bills.

He covers the bills.

O.city
02-20-2012, 11:42 AM
Well I guess bye bye to Carr if he comes here?

Titty Meat
02-20-2012, 11:43 AM
I'm torn on this. We just paid Flowers and Berry makes a lot at the same time the Chiefs ave over 60 mil to spend. Fuck.

In58men
02-20-2012, 11:43 AM
I guess we don't have money to sign Carr, instead we let him walk and sign this dude.

Routt is garbage, we just downgraded incredibly. Horrible.

Hammock Parties
02-20-2012, 11:46 AM
Patrick Moran@PatrickMoranBSDReply
Retweet
PFT reports CB Stanford Routt expected to make his FA decision today and predict he joins KC.

http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/n/U/moran.jpg

Okie_Apparition
02-20-2012, 11:55 AM
Has there been any media speculation on where Carr goes. Other than the most $$$
Is there room on the dream team, oh wait they got Asamoha(sp?)

WV
02-20-2012, 11:58 AM
I still see no reason why we can't sign both Carr and Routt. And is Routt doesn't want to play the 3rd Cb then screw him.

Okie_Apparition
02-20-2012, 12:00 PM
I'd think an extra DB could be as good as an extra QB until the trade deadline. When you're flush with cap

DeezNutz
02-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Carr to Denver would piss me off sufficiently, and this could be a potential landing spot.

Bump
02-20-2012, 12:08 PM
I guess if replacing Carr with Routt and keeping Bowe would be better than just keeping one of them and replacing the other in the first round of the draft. But Carr is so good, I'd hate to see him go, but that's the NFL. Carr isn't valued by Pioli because he wasn't a premiere pick nor was it his pick. Most GM's have that mentality and it's bullshit.

ModSocks
02-20-2012, 12:11 PM
I guess if replacing Carr with Routt and keeping Bowe would be better than just keeping one of them and replacing the other in the first round of the draft. But Carr is so good, I'd hate to see him go, but that's the NFL. Carr isn't valued by Pioli because he wasn't a premiere pick nor was it his pick. Most GM's have that mentality and it's bullshit.

I guess you can read minds now?

Interdasting.

mcaj22
02-20-2012, 12:12 PM
there is no silver lining here. you have the cap room you do everything you can to keep homegrown talent entering their prime (this is what the Packers, Giants, Steelers, Ravens, etc all do), and give them the payday they deserve, for actually contributing and being good on the team. Instead they settled for the older, cheaper turd when they have more cap space than they know what do with.

this is just a poor move. we arent even cap strapped, it does not make any sense.

Hammock Parties
02-20-2012, 12:12 PM
The Patriot Way basically replaces corners constantly, so fuck Pioli if Carr walks. Don't blame Hunt.

Micjones
02-20-2012, 12:13 PM

Good point. If it means keeping Bowe...this might be the lesser of two evils.
When you have a talented young team sometimes you lose good players.
I hate that fact, but it's a reality of the NFL.