PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Stanford Routt Will Visit Chiefs Today

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Buckweath
02-20-2012, 12:13 PM
Wow unless there is something we don`t know about Carr not wanting to re-sign in KC, it`s really a tough pill to swallow to lose him and downgrade the CB position. This team has no QB, if it can`t manage to keep the talent we have at other positions and dramatically improve our weaknesses (RT, C, NT), clearly there is no hope.

Losing Carr for Routt is a huge disappointment for me.

1ChiefsDan
02-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I guess if replacing Carr with Routt and keeping Bowe would be better than just keeping one of them and replacing the other in the first round of the draft. But Carr is so good, I'd hate to see him go, but that's the NFL. Carr isn't valued by Pioli because he wasn't a premiere pick nor was it his pick. Most GM's have that mentality and it's bullshit.Interesting to know that Pioli hates Tom Fucking Brady, who also wasn't a premier pick. :spock:

Micjones
02-20-2012, 12:15 PM
How good would the secondary be if Routt is signed to play Nickel AND Carr's re-signed?

O.city
02-20-2012, 12:16 PM
He hasn't even signed with us yet, nor has Carr walked.

Lets calm down a little.

Micjones
02-20-2012, 12:17 PM

Lets calm down a little.

QFT.

ModSocks
02-20-2012, 12:17 PM
How good would the secondary be if Routt is signed to play Nickel AND Carr's re-signed?

We don't need a nickel. I don't care how much this board hates Arenas because he was a 2nd round pick (which is fucking retarded, seeing as how the only gripe you can have about a player is where he was picked), he had a good season. And who's to say Routt would even be a good Nickle?

Buckweath
02-20-2012, 12:18 PM
I still see no reason why we can't sign both Carr and Routt. And is Routt doesn't want to play the 3rd Cb then screw him.

Not saying it`s impossible but Carr and Flowers were an excellent CB duo and Arenas a fine nickelback. Then you have Travis Daniels and Jalil Brown as backups. In my mind, the CB position was a strength on this team and didn`t need any major change. That`s what leads me to believe that signing Routt means losing Carr. Adding a 3rd passrusher would have made more sense I think but well we`ll see.

DeezNutz
02-20-2012, 12:19 PM
We don't need a nickel.

Buckweath
02-20-2012, 12:21 PM

Seriously even without Eric Berry, our secondary, outside of the safety playing opposite Kendrick Lewis (piscitelli or other) , had a tremendous year IMO.

mcaj22
02-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Stanford Routt is like 6-1 and a press man CB. He is not playing the 3rd down nickel.

Neither is Carr. They are both too big lol

Mr. Flopnuts
02-20-2012, 12:22 PM
All any of this means to me is we're letting Carr go. As to Carr not wanting to be here, if that's the case, Blow probably doesn't either. To me there is no excuse to not have 1 signed to tag the other, unless they both want out.

Okie_Apparition
02-20-2012, 12:23 PM
This isn't insurance for Flowers is it
Didn't this season end in another. "Hats off to Brandon for fighting through the season with injuries"
Like last season

Mr_Tomahawk
02-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Former Oakland CB Stanford Routt reached agreement with the Kansas City Chiefs.

beach tribe
02-20-2012, 12:28 PM
whoa

Mr. Flopnuts
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
Bye Brandon. You were part of the right 53. But that's all bullshit anyway, so have fun in Denver.

Micjones
02-20-2012, 12:44 PM
Wow. Any numbers available?

Imon Yourside
02-20-2012, 12:59 PM
Routt will be visiting the Chiefs A LOT over the next 3 years.

Mr. Laz
02-20-2012, 01:17 PM

Lets calm down a little.
who are you and what have you done with the real O.city?

:D

Mr. Laz
02-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Stanford Routt is like 6-1 and a press man CB. He is not playing the 3rd down nickel.

Neither is Carr. They are both too big lol

you would think that Carr and Routt would make a good tandem tbh.

they wouldn't be moving Flowers to free safety, would they?

i know ... just a silly idea