PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli Deserves Props

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

ku_jhawk23
04-29-2012, 03:15 PM
The reason the 06 Chiefs were in the playoffs was because Huard was a competent backup QB.

He had a 100 QB rating FFS.

We made the playoffs because we had Larry Johnson and a great line. Period. Huard was no help at all. Cassel with that line would have been incredible.

Dave Lane
04-29-2012, 03:16 PM
7 wins and drafting a tackle who had 12 tackles in 1 season is a great job?

Hey Hoover how come you didn't mention firing the coach after only 3 seasons?

12 tackles in conference USA for FFS. Frickin division II.

O.city
04-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Has he put together a good roster? Yeah.

Until we win playoff games and consistently beat good teams, he doesn't get a whole lot of credit in my book.

ku_jhawk23
04-29-2012, 03:17 PM
Why are you arguing with this moron?

Are you calling me a moron? How about proving me wrong instead.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 03:20 PM
We made the playoffs because we had Larry Johnson and a great line. Period. Huard was no help at all. Cassel with that line would have been incredible.

A guy with a 100 QB rating and, what, a 16-3 TD-INT ratio is quite a huge help.

Brodie Croyle wasn't gonna do that.

And that line was dick for pass protection, moron. Jordan Black gave up 12 or 13 sacks.

Chiefnj2
04-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Giving Pioli credit for Winston is like giving a lifeguard an award for learning CPR 2 weeks after someone drowned. RT has been a dire need for KC from the day Pioli arrived. 4 years later and he finally addresses the position. Give the man a cigar for being 48 months late!

Chiefaholic
04-29-2012, 03:29 PM
I enjoy clubbing baby seals with logic clubs.

Then you better give the logic club back to it's owner when you're finished with it. You sure as hell don't own one of your own.

ku_jhawk23
04-29-2012, 03:30 PM

And that line was dick for pass protection, moron. Jordan Black gave up 12 or 13 sacks.

Nice cherry pick again. When Green was in, we tried to stretch the D. When he went down, we pulled it in and ran. You run with your interior line. We had Waters/Wiegman/Shields and Johnson ran for 1789 that year. Last year, we had Lilja/OldWiegman/Asomghah. Do you really think there is a comparison? Do you really think Huard would have been anything last year? There is a reason he left KC and never amounted to jack.

Chiefaholic
04-29-2012, 03:31 PM
EVERYBODY on this board knows that Casshole isn't good enough to take this team to the next level. But, you sure as hell aren't going to convince me that a legit QB wouldn't take the current team deep into the playoffs. Pioli build a damn fine team in comparison to what he inherited minus the QB.

BossChief
04-29-2012, 03:32 PM
The only way we win a playoff game with Cassel is if we run the ball 50 times.

Dave Lane
04-29-2012, 03:33 PM
Until we win playoff games and consistently beat good teams, he doesn't get a whole lot of credit in my book.

This is the crux of my argument with Pioli. If and when he starts doing these then he'll get the credit from me he deserves and I will look back on this draft and say okay he was right about Poe.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 03:34 PM
Nice cherry pick again. When Green was in, we tried to stretch the D. When he went down, we pulled it in and ran. You run with your interior line.

LMAO

Who cares? You act like you didn't even watch that season.

We won a game that year because Huard made three beautiful passes to set up a game winning field goal. It was like a 50-yard drive with 30 seconds on the clock.

Backup quarterbacks are important.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 03:35 PM
Then you better give the logic club back to it's owner when you're finished with it. You sure as hell don't own one of your own.

Explain how desiring a viable solution at backup QB is not logical.

Explain what's not logical about realizing the Cowboys and Giants both won Super Bowls because they had good backup quarterbacks instead of UFL caliber jerks.

ku_jhawk23
04-29-2012, 03:36 PM
LMAO

We won a game that year because Huard made three beautiful passes to set up a game winning field goal. It was like a 50-yard drive with 30 seconds on the clock.

You just said it. Huard won A game.....1. I watched every game. I'm a season ticket holder. How many were one by someone other than Huard. If you are basing your argument an Huard, you're an idiot.

Blick
04-29-2012, 03:37 PM

98 rating and 11-1 ratio.

ku_jhawk23
04-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Explain how desiring a viable solution at backup QB is not logical.

Explain what's not logical about realizing the Cowboys and Giants both won Super Bowls because they had good backup quarterbacks instead of UFL caliber jerks.

You are talking about 2 instances over 25 years. You don't build an NFL team on a back up QB. Both of those teams had elite defenses. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT KC IS TRYING TO DO.

ku_jhawk23
04-29-2012, 03:40 PM
98 rating and 11-1 ratio.

And that line had nothing to do with those stats at all according to goat

Hoover
04-29-2012, 03:43 PM
I liked Haley, but his inability to work with an OC was his undoing. Then he lost his team. My bitch about Haley is more an indictment on Clark Hunt. We didn't fire Herm until most other teams had filled their coaching positions. We had to get creative, but it was Clark that put us in a bad position, not Pioli. No matter how you put it, 2009 was a tough offseason.

I also find it odd that people bitch about Pioli, but then point out that the Chiefs with Cassel when they ran the hell out of the ball. Hello? With no QB's available to upgrade over Cassel, Pioli is once again getting ready to run the hell out of the ball like we did in 2010

BossChief
04-29-2012, 03:44 PM
LMAO

We have a perfectly fine backup.

Now, all we need is a starter.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 03:47 PM
You are talking about 2 instances over 25 years. You don't build an NFL team on a back up QB. Both of those teams had elite defenses. WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT KC IS TRYING TO DO.

Yeah, and there are certainly more. Those are the two off the top of my head.

Backup QBs are important.

If Cassel goes down, even for only 4 games, we're fucked, barring an extreme stroke of luck.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 03:47 PM
And that line had nothing to do with those stats at all according to goat

That line sucked dick at pass protection.

Brodie Croyle would have had a 65 QB rating if he had played that year.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 03:50 PM
You just said it. Huard won A game.....1..

Huard won that game, and he had a huge 300-yard game against the Seahawks in another close game that we won, and he threw for 260 yards against the Cardinals in another close game.

We lose ANY of those games, the Chiefs don't make the playoffs that year.

We don't have one.

Rasputin
04-29-2012, 03:53 PM
LMAO

That sounds almost like the jaguires game however we were getting our ass kicked and shut out untill they put Croyel in for the last couple of series, in the pouring rain he drove down and scored a TD with .03 sec on the clock LMAO Huard sucked balls. He was best at holding the clipbord on the sidelines for his career in the NFL.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 03:55 PM
Backup QBs on Super Bowl winning teams since 2000

Tony Banks
Drew Bledsoe
Rob Johnson/Shawn King
Rohan Davey/Damon Huard
Rohan Davey
Tommy Maddox/Charlie Batch
Jim Sorgi
Jared Lorenzen
Byron Leftwich
Mark Brunell
Matt Flynn
David Carr

Plenty of shit on that list.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 03:55 PM
The GREATEST SEASON in Chiefs history the last 20 years: 1993.

David Krieg: Won 3 games for us.

In the playoffs: Threw a 23-yard TD in a 3-point Chiefs win.

Surely you can appreciate that, ku_dicklicker

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Huard won that game, and he had a huge 300-yard game against the Seahawks in another close game that we won, and he threw for 260 yards against the Cardinals in another close game.

We don't have one.Like Boss said, we DO have a back up. We have no starter. :)

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 03:59 PM
Backup QBs on Super Bowl winning teams since 2000

Drew Bledsoe

Drew Bledsoe had a HUGE moment in the Pats championship run.

He threw for 102 yards and a TD in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME when Brady got hurt.

The Patriots won that game by ONE TOUCHDOWN.

Oh yeah, and Bledsoe was the starter that season before Brady replaced him due to injury.

Still think backup quarterbacks aren't important? LMAO

ku_jhawk23
04-29-2012, 04:00 PM

We don't have one.

I give up. You're an idiot. Huard is so good that he never suited up for another team after KC. We have a servicable back up. To win with your back up, you ahve to have a structure around him. That is what Pioli is working on, and that is the point of this thread. The OP of this thread tried to bring some rational thought, but some people don't want it. I would tell you to pick another team, but since the chance of a Super Bowl for you is based ont eh back up QB, you are probably out of luck.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:01 PM
What if the impossible happened, and Cassel got us to the AFC Championship game.

We're down 17-14 midway through the third and someone rams into him and he sprains something and has to leave.

Imagine how much you would fucking hate Scott Pioli if Brady Quinn or Ricky Stanzi had to go into the game and they fucked up a possible chance at the Super Bowl?

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:02 PM
I give up. You're an idiot. Huard is so good that he never suited up for another team after KC..

You're missing the point entirely. He was good enough THAT YEAR to get us to the playoffs. He made key plays in several games that a lesser QB would not have made.

We don't have a guy like that on the roster if Cassel goes down.

Unless you have blind faith in Dick Stanzi.

Rasputin
04-29-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah, and there are certainly more. Those are the two off the top of my head.

Backup QBs are important.

If Cassel goes down, even for only 4 games, we're ****ed, barring an extreme stroke of luck.

Are for real? Are kidding? Cassel goes down and that gives opportunity to Stanzi or Quinn to become starters and we can actually see improvement for the team. You are one dilusional man.

J Diddy
04-29-2012, 04:05 PM
What if the impossible happened, and Cassel got us to the AFC Championship game.

We're down 17-14 midway through the third and someone rams into him and he sprains something and has to leave.

Imagine how much you would ****ing hate Scott Pioli if Brady Quinn or Ricky Stanzi had to go into the game and they ****ed up a possible chance at the Super Bowl?

Dude that logic is so messed up. It seems like your requirement is to have Steve Young or Tom Brady as a backup. Hell, we don't even have that as a starter.

First off, if we were in the AFC championship game and that score was that close, it would not be due to Matt's arm it would be due to the running game.

ku_jhawk23
04-29-2012, 04:06 PM
You're missing the point entirely. He was good enough THAT YEAR to get us to the playoffs. He made key plays in several games that a lesser QB would not have made.

No...you're missing the point. If you have a solid team around you, it doesn't matter if Cassel goes down. Do you think that Charles and Berry would have made a difference last year? With them playing with make the playoffs last year with a back up. I'm not missing a point if you have no point to give. Huard had NOTHING to do with the playoffs. NOTHING. Trent Dilfer would love you.

GoHuge
04-29-2012, 04:07 PM
I'm on record as saying I don't think Cassel is the long-term future or the guy taking is to the Super Bowl on his shoulders............but a big shocker right?

Try and look at Scott Pioli's position regarding Cassell OBJECTIVELY in the 2011 Draft and the two weeks after the lockout if at all possible through your hate. I don't get everyone bitching and moaning about Pioli being a dipshit for not getting an OBVIOUSLY better replacement for Cassel starting in 2011 right after the lockout ended. He was coming off that 27-7 season (for the haters we'll just call it an aberration to keep things relatively sane) so why should Pioli have been looking for his immediate replacement coming off a season like that?

From the Pioli and the Chiefs perspective and to almost everyone else that was considered a good year. "Our QB played exactly the way we asked him to and he had a 4 to 1 TD/INT ratio, but man this piece of shit has got to go NOW!!! Damn Pioli all to hell for not making that priority #1!!! I mean especially with all the free agents available to choose from!! You had the superstars Matt HasselbecK and Alex Smith..........not sure how they stopped themselves from jumping on one if not both of these sure things!!

Moving up in the 2011 draft was the only way they could have gotten to a decent QB prospect in the first which were two guys named Jake Locker and Gabbert..........which neither did jack shit but look terrible. You can say they should have picked Andy Dalton with their first pick, but lets be honest. Nobody in the NFL knew he was the 2nd best QB in the draft last year or he wouldn't have been passed over 22 times after Ponder was picked at 12. Not to mention...........this place would have melted down if we picked him at 26 or at our original spot before trading down. Nobody was all over Dalton to be our guy and if you say you were than you are lying. Those were the opportunities the Chiefs had to upgrade a 27-7 guy in 2011.

We saw he went backwards last year when he lost two of his biggest weapons in Charles and TM. With that teams weren't afraid of the run and Cassel did nothing to really help himself out too much. Just being objective here......our line last year was shit, we couldn't run the ball for shit, Run DMC, Battle, and Thomas Jones weren't really making teams respect the run, Baldwin couldn't get on the field, and Bowe was his only legit target. Again not saying Cassel helped himself in any way.

Replacement options for Cassel in 2012. Free agents: Manning......never considered us. Matt Flynn........never a starter. Kyle Orton........didn't want to be here or try and compete for the starting job.

The rest:
Rex Grossman (WAS)
Donovan McNabb (MIN)
Jason Campbell (OAK)
Chris Redman (ATL)
Derek Anderson (CAR)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Josh McCown (CHI)
Shaun Hill (DET)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
David Garrard (FA)
Chad Pennington (FA)
Jake Delhomme (HOU)
Jeff Garcia (HOU)
Dan Orlovsky (IND)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Chad Henne (MIA)
JP Losman (MIA)
Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
David Carr (NYG)
Mark Brunell (NYJ)
Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Vince Young (PHI)
Charlie Batch (PIT)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Byron Leftwich (PIT)
Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)
Kellen Clemens (STL)
A.J. Feeley (STL)
Josh Johnson (TB)
Richard Bartel (ARZ) - Restricted
Max Hall (ARZ) - Exclusive Rights
Tyler Palko (KC) - Restricted
Brian Hoyer (NE) - Restricted
Chase Daniel (NO) - Restricted

We decided to pluck Quinn out of the group. See any other game changers on that list we missed?

Lets see in the draft we had a shot to move up and take on the experiment of Ryan Tannehill which everyone would have been pissed about. Could have moved up 21-22 spots back into the 1st round to take on the Branden Weeden project. I can deal with Poe at 11 because he has all the physical skills you could possibly hope for and quite possibly has the biggest upside of anyone in the draft. It's quite another to mortgage any part of your future on guys that are questions marks that probably won't be starting much if any at all in their first year.

So in the last two years who were the "available no question slam dunks" to come in and replace Cassel and give us a better chance to win on opening day this year?

Not a Cassel hater/supporter. Just asking the question.........who is the guy the Chiefs should have brought in directly after Cassel's 2010, 27-7 TD/INT AFC West Championship season? It's clear to everyone that after a season like that priority #1 should be getting him shipped out of town ASAP and the Chiefs blew it. Who should the savior be/have been to replace that trash?

I listed all the available options..........so who was the magic bullet the Chiefs screwed up on and didn't get?

whoman69
Like Boss said, we DO have 2 back ups. We have no starter. :)

fyp

Ming the Merciless
If Cassel goes down, even for only 4 games, we're ****ed, barring an extreme stroke of luck.

I agree actually.

:)

Rasputin
04-29-2012, 04:08 PM

Look what the Ravens did to us in the playoffs fuck that! Cassel got us destroyed because of his shitty play not the rest of the team. Charles couldn't carry the team by himself we needed a QB to throw the got damn ball.

Rasputin
04-29-2012, 04:09 PM
Now Goatboy is trolling for Cassel JHtits.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:09 PM

I would prefer Stanzi. If Cassel goes down, I'm cheering. If I wanna watch shitty QB play, I'd prefer it be from a 2nd yr QB.

Deberg_1990
04-29-2012, 04:11 PM
I like how how a 30 year old man who lives in grandmas basement with no job thinks he's better than Pioli is at his.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Drew Bledsoe had a HUGE moment in the Pats championship run.

He threw for 102 yards and a TD in the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME when Brady got hurt.

The Patriots won that game by ONE TOUCHDOWN.

Oh yeah, and Bledsoe was the starter that season before Brady replaced him due to injury.

Still think backup quarterbacks aren't important? LMAO

I know what Bledsoe did, you moron. Let's talk Rohan Davey, Jim Sorgi and Jared Lorenzen, or the corpses of David Carr and Mark Brunell.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Dude that logic is so messed up. It seems like your requirement is to have Steve Young or Tom Brady as a backup. Hell, we don't even have that as a starter.

Did you miss the Jeff Hostetler and Bernie Kosar examples?

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I like how how a 30 year old man who lives in grandmas basement with no job thinks he's better than Pioli is at his.
Posted via Mobile DeviceLMAO

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I know what Bledsoe did, you moron. Let's talk Rohan Davey, Jim Sorgi and Jared Lorenzen, or the corpses of David Carr and Mark Brunell.

It doesn't matter.

You just don't know if your starter is gonna be healthy for all 16 games.

You're playing with fire if you're competing for a championship and don't have a guy that come in and play at a competent level.

-King-
04-29-2012, 04:14 PM
Posted via Mobile Device
ROFL Ouch.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Are for real? Are kidding? Cassel goes down and that gives opportunity to Stanzi or Quinn to become starters and we can actually see improvement for the team. You are one dilusional man.

You have blind faith in Stanzi. More power to you, but the chances of him actually being a good QB are slim.

Why anyone would believe in Quinn? LMAO

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:16 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

That's funny.

I'm better at my job than Pioli is at his.

And my grandmother is dead, asshole.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 04:18 PM
It doesn't matter.

You just don't know if your starter is gonna be healthy for all 16 games.

You're playing with fire if you're competing for a championship and don't have a guy that come in and play at a competent level.

Your earlier post:

What? That's ****ing stupid. It's ****ing lunacy for a team to go into the year with no suitable backup QB. Why the **** do you think the 49ers went and got Steve Young even when they had Joe Montana?

I listed a bunch of Super Bowl winning teams who'd basically done just what you called lunacy. In the salary cap era, you have to save money somewhere. For a lot of teams, one area of savings is at backup QB.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Huard had NOTHING to do with the playoffs.

You are basically saying Brodie Croyle could have thrown for 300 yards in a game that year, post a 100 QB rating and throw only one pick.

Do you realize how stupid you sound?

Bowser
04-29-2012, 04:20 PM
If we play a hard schedule, so does the rest of the division. They cancel each other out for purposes of this topic.

While we do probably have the worst qb on paper, I believe we also have the most talent across the board in the division as well.

We should be a "perennial playoff contender" if that means we should be in the playoff hunt each year, despite the need for a quarterback.

Now, are you meaning we should be a perennial playoff contender just becasue we have that kind of ability, or we should be challenging for the AFC West title every year? Because those two things are not mutually exclusive, as that bloodbath loss to the Ravens in the playoffs here a couple of years ago demonstrates.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:20 PM
I listed a bunch of Super Bowl winning teams who'd basically done just what you called lunacy.

Yeah, they were playing with fire. It worked out for them.

Doesn't mean it was smart to do so.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:21 PM
Why anyone would believe in Quinn? LMAOIts not belief, its called hopeful. Plus, I'm just sick of watching Cassel play.

Quinn didnt get many starts in Cleveland. He didnt have NEAR the talent we have here.

Trivers
04-29-2012, 04:22 PM
I'm on record as saying I don't think Cassel is the long-term future or the guy taking is to the Super Bowl on his shoulders............but a big shocker right?

Try and look at Scott Pioli's position regarding Cassell OBJECTIVELY in the 2011 Draft and the two weeks after the lockout if at all possible through your hate. I don't get everyone bitching and moaning about Pioli being a dipshit for not getting an OBVIOUSLY better replacement for Cassel starting in 2011 right after the lockout ended. He was coming off that 27-7 season (for the haters we'll just call it an aberration to keep things relatively sane) so why should Pioli have been looking for his immediate replacement coming off a season like that?

From the Pioli and the Chiefs perspective and to almost everyone else that was considered a good year. "Our QB played exactly the way we asked him to and he had a 4 to 1 TD/INT ratio, but man this piece of shit has got to go NOW!!! Damn Pioli all to hell for not making that priority #1!!! I mean especially with all the free agents available to choose from!! You had the superstars Matt HasselbecK and Alex Smith..........not sure how they stopped themselves from jumping on one if not both of these sure things!!

Moving up in the 2011 draft was the only way they could have gotten to a decent QB prospect in the first which were two guys named Jake Locker and Gabbert..........which neither did jack shit but look terrible. You can say they should have picked Andy Dalton with their first pick, but lets be honest. Nobody in the NFL knew he was the 2nd best QB in the draft last year or he wouldn't have been passed over 22 times after Ponder was picked at 12. Not to mention...........this place would have melted down if we picked him at 26 or at our original spot before trading down. Nobody was all over Dalton to be our guy and if you say you were than you are lying. Those were the opportunities the Chiefs had to upgrade a 27-7 guy in 2011.

We saw he went backwards last year when he lost two of his biggest weapons in Charles and TM. With that teams weren't afraid of the run and Cassel did nothing to really help himself out too much. Just being objective here......our line last year was shit, we couldn't run the ball for shit, Run DMC, Battle, and Thomas Jones weren't really making teams respect the run, Baldwin couldn't get on the field, and Bowe was his only legit target. Again not saying Cassel helped himself in any way.

Replacement options for Cassel in 2012. Free agents: Manning......never considered us. Matt Flynn........never a starter. Kyle Orton........didn't want to be here or try and compete for the starting job.

The rest:
Rex Grossman (WAS)
Donovan McNabb (MIN)
Jason Campbell (OAK)
Chris Redman (ATL)
Derek Anderson (CAR)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Josh McCown (CHI)
Shaun Hill (DET)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
David Garrard (FA)
Chad Pennington (FA)
Jake Delhomme (HOU)
Jeff Garcia (HOU)
Dan Orlovsky (IND)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Chad Henne (MIA)
JP Losman (MIA)
Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
David Carr (NYG)
Mark Brunell (NYJ)
Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Vince Young (PHI)
Charlie Batch (PIT)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Byron Leftwich (PIT)
Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)
Kellen Clemens (STL)
A.J. Feeley (STL)
Josh Johnson (TB)

We decided to pluck Quinn out of the group. See any other game changers on that list we missed?

Lets see in the draft we had a shot to move up and take on the experiment of Ryan Tannehill which everyone would have been pissed about. Could have moved up 21-22 spots back into the 1st round to take on the Branden Weeden project. I can deal with Poe at 11 because he has all the physical skills you could possibly hope for and quite possibly has the biggest upside of anyone in the draft. It's quite another to mortgage any part of your future on guys that are questions marks that probably won't be starting much if any at all in their first year.

So in the last two years who were the "available no question slam dunks" to come in and replace Cassel and give us a better chance to win on opening day this year?

Not a Cassel hater/supporter. Just asking the question.........who is the guy the Chiefs should have brought in directly after Cassel's 2010, 27-7 TD/INT AFC West Championship season? It's clear to everyone that after a season like that priority #1 should be getting him shipped out of town ASAP and the Chiefs blew it. Who should the savior be/have been to replace that trash?

I listed all the available options..........so who was the magic bullet the Chiefs screwed up on and didn't get?

Nice post.

Logic bites sometimes.

Ming the Merciless
04-29-2012, 04:22 PM
If Cassel goes down, I'm cheering.

Congrats for being perhaps the 1st douche bag to go down the 'let's tank the season' / 'I hope Cassel gets injured' path in 2012.

SHows what kind of person you are.

Stay Classy bro...

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/specials/redcarpet/blog/070205/ron_burgundy2_180.jpg

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:23 PM
Do you realize how stupid you sound?LOL Irony

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Congrats for being perhaps the 1st douche bag to go down the 'let's tank the season' / 'I hope Cassel gets injured' path in 2012.

SHows what kind of person you are.

Stay Classy bro...

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2007/specials/redcarpet/blog/070205/ron_burgundy2_180.jpgLOL more dumbassery from you. Keep it up. I'm amused.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:27 PM
LOL Irony

Nothing I have posted on the QB situation is stupid.

It makes complete sense.

Last year we make the playoffs easy if Cassel stays healthy.

If Pioli had done his fucking job, we would have had a legit backup QB instead of a rookie and a total piece of long-hair shit.

Ming the Merciless
04-29-2012, 04:29 PM

COmpared to Dave's idea of "let's hope cassel gets injured" so Brady QUinn can be QB, you look like Lombardi Shakespeare Einstein STramm III

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:30 PM
How can Chiefs fans be so obtuse?

WE WON A SUPER BOWL BECAUSE WE HAD A BACKUP QB WHO COULD PLAY IN LEN DAWSON'S ABSENCE

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:31 PM

It makes complete sense.

Last year we make the playoffs easy if Cassel stays healthy.

If Pioli had done his fucking job, we would have had a legit backup QB instead of a rookie and a total piece of long-hair shit.Wait. I thought the Chiefs sucked. I mentioned before that if there were no injuries, they win 10-11 games.

I was laughed at.

Rasputin
04-29-2012, 04:32 PM
You have blind faith in Stanzi. More power to you, but the chances of him actually being a good QB are slim.

Why anyone would believe in Quinn? LMAO

I'd rather go with blind faith with Stanzi than the known fact that Cassel sucks. I'm not that big on Quinn just that he would be good competion during the preseason to give way to Cassel. Stanzi has the attributes to be a good to great QB what he needs is the opportunity and let him grow with the team. **** Cassel.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:33 PM
COmpared to Dave's idea of "let's hope cassel gets injured" so Brady QUinn can be QB, you look like Lombardi Shakespeare Einstein STramm IIILOL more dumbassery

Newsflash! I'm not the 1st to be hopeful of him being injuried.

I'm still glad he missed almost half of last season. :thumb:

I'm sick of watching the loser shitbag play.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:33 PM
Wait. I thought the Chiefs sucked. I mentioned before that if there were no injuries, they win 10-11 games.

I was laughed at.

Well, yeah. We played 5 shitty QBs.

Tends to skew things somewhat.

Ming the Merciless
04-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I mentioned before that if there were no injuries, they win 10-11 games.

And yet you actively WISH for an injury to the QB.

I was laughed at.

Because you are a fool.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 04:35 PM

WE WON A SUPER BOWL BECAUSE WE HAD A BACKUP QB WHO COULD PLAY IN LEN DAWSON'S ABSENCE

What was the salary cap number for that year?

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:36 PM
And yet you actively WISH for an injury to the QB.

Because you are a fool.Go suck on your mother colostomy bag

Hammock Parties
You people are literally advocating going into the season with a 2nd year QB who has never thrown a pass, and a career loser, as a positive backup QB position.

THINK ABOUT THAT.

We're 8-4, fighting for the division, Cassel sprains his ACL in a key game and Jim Nantz says:

"Cassel's replacement is Ricky Stanzi...who has never thrown a pass in an NFL game."

"I bet this next play is a run, Phil."

SMART FUCKING GM

Hammock Parties
What were the salary cap number's for the backup QB that year?

That has nothing to do with anything, we had plenty of cap room this offseason.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 04:37 PM
That has nothing to do with anything, we had plenty of cap room this offseason.

Of course it has something to do with it. You're going back to pre-cap examples.

Coogs
04-29-2012, 04:38 PM
You people are literally advocating going into the season with a 2nd year QB who has never thrown a pass, and a career loser, as a positive backup QB position.

THINK ABOUT THAT.

We're 8-4, fighting for the division, Cassel sprains his ACL in a key game and Jim Nantz says:

"Cassel's replacement is Ricky Stanzi...who has never thrown a pass in an NFL game."

SMART FUCKING GM

When did you become a Cassel fan?

Pasta Little Brioni
04-29-2012, 04:39 PM
The Poe pick is honestly a complete fucking abortion and no one should be defending it right now.

You don't pick players with shit production at #11. You just fucking don't. It's retarded as hell.

Right now it feels like we drafted Poe because the idiot in charge ignored NT for 3 years, and he backed himself into a corner, and reached.

Fuck that pick. And this is coming from someone who defended Tyson Jackson for a season.

....and if he turns out to be a good player, nobody is going to give a fuck. Look how many guys with "production" fail. Player development is everything.

Ming the Merciless
04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
What was the salary cap number for that year?

Mike Livingston spent it all on cocaine and a failed disco club.

Fritz88
04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
Only people with tiny dicks hate Pioli.

Rasputin
04-29-2012, 04:41 PM

He got to be trolling that's what he does. He can't believe his own dribble.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:42 PM
Of course it has something to do with it. You're going back to pre-cap examples.

Backup quarterbacks aren't expensive. In any era.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 04:43 PM

THINK ABOUT THAT.

SMART ****ING GM

You're really going down this path now?

Brady was 1 for 3 in 2000, before becoming the backup in 2001. Using your logic, Brodie Croyle, post 2007, would have been the better backup choice in that situation.

Rasputin
04-29-2012, 04:43 PM

THINK ABOUT THAT.

SMART ****ING GM

Tom fucking Brady never threw an NFL pass untill he threw his first NFL pass in the NFL. In fact no QB has thrown there first NFL pass untill they threw there first NFL pass dipshit! They all had to have there first.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:44 PM
....and if he turns out to be a good player, nobody is going to give a fuck. Look how many guys with "production" fail. Player development is everything.

Conventional wisdom says the pick is shitty.

So far Pioli has often bucked conventional wisdom and look at the results.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:45 PM
Tom fucking Brady never threw an NFL pass untill he threw his first NFL pass in the NFL. In fact no QB has thrown there first NFL pass untill they threw there first NFL pass dipshit! They all had to have there first.

This isn't relevant.

But Pioli must be incredibly smart if he already knows Ricky Stanzi is a legit backup QB who can keep the ship afloat in the event of disaster during a championship run.

Pasta Little Brioni
04-29-2012, 04:47 PM
"Pioli only plays it close to the vest, he'd never take a risk on a player!!!!"\

"HE NEEDS TO PLAY IT SAFE. GO GUARD!!!!"

Hammock Parties
You're really going down this path now?

Brady was 1 for 3 in 2000, before becoming the backup in 2001. Using your logic, Brodie Croyle, post 2007, would have been the better backup choice in that situation.

Lucky for the Patriots, Bill Belichick was pretty smart.

His decision to make Brady the backup turned out well.

Do you have confidence that Pioli's decision with our backup quarterback situation is equally smart?

Donger
I love this time of year. CP members vehemently arguing about the future which they can't see.

J Diddy
04-29-2012, 04:48 PM
Backup quarterbacks aren't expensive. In any era.
Orton laughs at you.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:49 PM

I'm not a Cassel fan.

It's a hypothetical situation.

Odds are we are 4-8, Cassel sprains an ACL, and we all celebrate.

Then Ricky Stanzi takes over, is even worse, and we celebrate Pioli's impending dismissal.

Rasputin
This isn't relevant.

But Pioli must be incredibly smart if he already knows Ricky Stanzi is a legit backup QB who can keep the ship afloat in the event of disaster during a championship run.

I don't want Ricky Stanzi to be back up and there are quite a few fans like me who want to see Ricky Stanzi become our starting QB. Take the backup arguement and shove it up your ass. We need a starting QB like others have said. Quinn can be our backup and Cassel can be third where he belongs.

Hammock Parties
Orton laughs at you.

Orton was not expensive. Only according to that dicklick running our franchise.

Ming the Merciless
Only people with tiny dicks hate Pioli.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/19676583.jpg

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't want Ricky Stanzi to be back up

Too bad, he is. You must hate Scott Pioli then. Welcome.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:51 PM
I'm not sure which is worse, those who love the Chiefs to a fault, or those who hate every aspect.

Ming the Merciless
04-29-2012, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure which is worse, those who love the Chiefs to a fault, or those who hate every aspect.

That's because you're an idiot.

You're probably not sure whether you like hairy butthole or vagina either...

If I had a quarter for everything you weren't sure of I'd be making Mark Castle type money.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:54 PM

I love my Chiefs.

I hate the assholes stopping them from winning championships.

Short list:

Scott Pioli

Bewbies
04-29-2012, 04:54 PM
Stop feeding the troll.

Ming the Merciless
04-29-2012, 04:55 PM
I love my Chiefs.

I hate the assholes stopping them from winning championships.

Short list:

1) Scott Pioli

2) Dave , who wishes injuries upon our players.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 04:55 PM
Lucky for the Patriots, Bill Belichick was pretty smart.

His decision to make Brady the backup turned out well.

Do you have confidence that Pioli's decision with our backup quarterback situation is equally smart?

I have confidence that Pioli will bring in someone he has reason to think can handle the job of a backup QB. In today's NFL, the job of a backup QB is to mop up at the end of games, come in for a few plays or series while a QB gets looked at, and replace a QB as starter for a game or two. If you need anything more than that, you're pretty much screwed unless you've got a Baltimore Ravens 2000 type of defense.

For all your trolling, Tyler Palko has a better record as a backup quarterback than Brodie Croyle, and Brady Quinn's at least won a couple of games in the NFL.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:56 PM
That's because you're an idiot.

You're probably not sure whether you like hairy butthole or vagina either...

If I had a quarter for everything you weren't sure of I'd be making Mark Castle type money.LMAO

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Stop feeding the troll.

I'm making legitimate points about the importance of the backup quarterback position in the course of winning championships.

If you want to ignore straight facts and documented history, be my guest.

Imagine how fun the 1997 season would have been with Pat Barnes running the offense after Grbac got hurt.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:57 PM
2) Dave , who wishes injuries upon our players.Only Cassel

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:58 PM
If you need anything more than that, you're pretty much screwed unless you've got a Baltimore Ravens 2000 type of defense.

Kurt Warner called. He wants you to polish his MVP trophies.

Rasputin
04-29-2012, 04:58 PM
Too bad, he is. You must hate Scott Pioli then. Welcome.

I don't care that he is the backup right now tard. As long as he gets the opportunity to prove himself and then becomes the starting QB that's when I will be happy with the situation. It still has to play itself out like that. I don't hate Pioli. I hate that he has stuck with Cassel and I hate him for bringing in a retread backup QB to be our starting QB, but I don't hate Pioli for the rest of the team being built. I can like other aspects of what Pioli has done not to hate him. I'm giving Pioli another year before I start hating on him that much but if if Cassel looks like shit and doesn't get pulled then yea I will hate him.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 04:59 PM
"Today's NFL"

LMAO

Today's NFL is a quarterback driven league.

Having a viable backup QB is more important than EVER before.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 04:59 PM
I love my Chiefs.

Nope. You're criticizing them because they played 5 shitty QBs.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Kurt Warner called. He wants you to polish his MVP trophies.

Call Kurt back. Point out that he had that same equivalent on the offensive side, that the Kurt Warner's of the world are extremely rare and almost never appear, and that you're still a complete fucking idiot.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 05:01 PM

It's tough love, dipshit.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 05:03 PM
Call Kurt back. Point out that he had that same equivalent on the offensive side, that the Kurt Warner's of the world are extremely rare and almost never appear, and that you're still a complete fucking idiot.

Who cares? He's a borderline HOFer and a rare talent. The Rams don't win the SB without him. Backup quarterbacks FTMFW.

Also, TJ Yates.

You think the Texans make the playoffs and win a playoff game a year ago with Tyler Palko?

milkman

The Chiefs won a SB because of the defense and the running game.

Mike Livingston was the thrid string developmental QB who only saw the field because Jackie Lee, Dawson's backup, was injured as well.

Livingston sucked.

Ming the Merciless

You can criticize something you love. You wish injury upon the hated.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 05:05 PM

Mike Livingston was the thrid string developmental QB who only saw the field because Jackie Lee, Dawson's backup, was injured as well.

Livingston sucked.

Was he as bad as Brady Quinn?

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 05:06 PM
LMAO

Arguing over backup QBs...

Ming the Merciless
04-29-2012, 05:07 PM

He and Jacky Lee both sucked.

BigMeatballDave

Again, do we really know Quinn's true potential?

Hammock Parties
LMAO

Arguing over backup QBs...

Backup QB is important.

Pioli seems to not give a shit about the position.

You don't think that's a red flag?

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 05:09 PM

He sucks ass. Have you never seen him play? He couldn't find his ass with both hands against the 2009 Chiefs.

milkman
04-29-2012, 05:09 PM

The rest:
Rex Grossman (WAS)
Donovan McNabb (MIN)
Jason Campbell (OAK)
Chris Redman (ATL)
Derek Anderson (CAR)
Caleb Hanie (CHI)
Josh McCown (CHI)
Shaun Hill (DET)
Drew Stanton (DET)
Brady Quinn (DEN)
David Garrard (FA)
Chad Pennington (FA)
Jake Delhomme (HOU)
Jeff Garcia (HOU)
Dan Orlovsky (IND)
Luke McCown (JAC)
Chad Henne (MIA)
JP Losman (MIA)
Sage Rosenfels (MIA)
David Carr (NYG)
Mark Brunell (NYJ)
Kevin O'Connell (NYJ)
Kyle Boller (OAK)
Vince Young (PHI)
Charlie Batch (PIT)
Dennis Dixon (PIT)
Byron Leftwich (PIT)
Charlie Whitehurst (SEA)
Kellen Clemens (STL)
A.J. Feeley (STL)
Josh Johnson (TB)

From that list, both Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton were guys that I would gladly have brought in.

Hill has played some respectable, even very good games for both the 9ers and Lions, and he would be a better game manager than Cassel has ever been.

I have been a fan of Stanton since he was in school, and believe in the right situation he could flourish.

Sage Rosenfel is another I would gladly bring in to compete with Cassel.

He's a solid, albeit, unspectacular game manger.

milkman
04-29-2012, 05:10 PM

He was terrible.

philfree
04-29-2012, 05:12 PM

Livingston sucked.''

LMAO So GoGifs punk queer ass is going to tell milkman about the Chiefs early years SBs? C'mon man!

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 05:14 PM
He sucks ass. Have you never seen him play? He couldn't find his ass with both hands against the 2009 Chiefs.

12 starts isnt enough to fully evaluate a QB. Especially since Cleveland had zero talent around him, other than Joe Thomas.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Do you see me arguing with him? No.

Doesn't invalidate my argument. And you won't see any Mike Livingston's taking stacked teams to the SB in this era.

mlyonsd
04-29-2012, 05:16 PM
It appears to me from this draft Pioli is putting the pieces in place to develop a QB. And, I think Stanzi will end up at #2 when the season starts.

Coogs
04-29-2012, 05:16 PM
I'm not a Cassel fan.

It's a hypothetical situation.

Odds are we are 4-8, Cassel sprains an ACL, and we all celebrate.

Then Ricky Stanzi takes over, is even worse, and we celebrate Pioli's impending dismissal.

Whew! All this talk about being sunk if Cassel goes down is scaring me!

I'm on the other side of the fence on this one from you SG. I really believe if we have a true competition at QB, Stanzi or Quinn beat out Cassel. Now that is not a ringing endorsement for either of these two at this time... I just know what the competition for those two is.

|Zach|
04-29-2012, 05:17 PM
Looking forward to seeing these guys pan out. Feeling pretty good about the whole thing.

Dave Lane
04-29-2012, 05:19 PM

Quinn at least once was a first-round draft pick. Tyler Palko was what anything I have any idea?

whoman69
04-29-2012, 06:28 PM
12 starts isnt enough to fully evaluate a QB. Especially since Cleveland had zero talent around him, other than Joe Thomas.

How many starts does it take? Does he need 21 starts like Ryan Leaf? Does he need 17 starts like Akili Smith? In those 12 starts he completed 52.1% of his passes for 5.4 ypa. He hasn't thrown a ball in a regular season game since 2009. In his three career wins in those 12 starts he was 14-36 185 yards 0/0 TD/INT; 6-19 90 yards 0/0; 10-17 66 yards 0/2. Those are some Tebow like numbers. The Browns felt so confident in him, they traded him for an unknown Peyton Hillis (who was a 6th round pick with less than 400 career rush yards to that point) and a conditional late pick. Despite the fact that Orton finished Quinn's first year there at 3-13, Quinn wasn't on the field for a single down. The next year when Orton started 1-4 the coaches chose to go with Tim Tebow despite the fact he looked horrible in practice.

BTW, the two seasons in which Quinn started games he ended the season on IR.

O.city
04-29-2012, 06:32 PM
Who was he throwing to in Cleveland?

Things aren't always black and white. It's normally all about the situation. Would Rodgers have become here what he is in GB? Probably not.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Based on the Quinn logic, Brodie Croyle should be bringing hope to NFL franchises somewhere.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 06:39 PM
Based on the Quinn logic, Brodie Croyle should be bringing hope to NFL franchises somewhere.

LOL Croyle was a 3rd rd pick and largely unheard of.

You suck at analogies.

scho63
04-29-2012, 06:41 PM
Isn't it ironic that Todd Haley tried to turn all our lineman into Lean Cuisine spokesmen and Pioli is drafting a bunch of heffers-no wonder they didn't see eye to eye

If Cassel plays poorly and they don't give Stanzi/Quinn the chance to play or start, Piloi should suffer the same fate as the Haley/Palko combo platter.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
LOL Croyle was a 3rd rd pick and largely unheard of.

You suck at analogies.

Their career statistics are almost identical.

Croyle has the advantage of having been dumped by only one team.

Bane
04-29-2012, 06:45 PM
You want to draft a WR in the 4th round? Fine. How about you draft a guy who's not a white brokedick piece of shit?

With most of this draft I was fine. You can't expect every player to turn into a stud, but you can draft so that every player (or nearly every player) has some good things going for him.

Last year, I think every single player except for Shane Bannan (a freakin 7th rounder) had good things going for him. It wouldn't be shocking if all of them didn't work out, but at least every single guy had an elite quality about him.

This year, we took Allen, Menzie, Gray, and Hemingway. Stephonson, Wylie, and Long were abortions. If the Poe pick works out, then the draft is a success. However, I give small odds (no more than 35%)

It's why lots of people aren't giving up or hopeless. They're just disappointed.

Or a fat BLACK slobbering piece of baboon shit in the 1st.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 06:49 PM
Their career statistics are almost identical.

Croyle has the advantage of having been dumped by only one team.

Only Denver didnt dump Quinn.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 06:53 PM
Who cares? He's a borderline HOFer and a rare talent. The Rams don't win the SB without him. Backup quarterbacks FTMFW.

Also, TJ Yates.

You think the Texans make the playoffs and win a playoff game a year ago with Tyler Palko?

Kurt Warner had only thrown 11 NFL passes prior to 1999, you dumbass.

Micjones
04-29-2012, 06:54 PM
If you can look at this '08 roster, compare it against today's roster and tell me Pioli doesn't deserve ANY credit...
I'm not sure I can take anything else you say seriously.

No. Player Pos Ht Wt Born Exp College

2 Dustin Colquitt P 6-3 210 05-06-1982 4 Tennessee

4 Tyler Thigpen QB 6-1 225 04-14-1984 2 Coastal Carolina

9 Nick Novak K 5-11 189 08-21-1981 3 Maryland

11 Damon Huard QB 6-3 218 07-09-1973 12 Washington

12 Brodie Croyle QB 6-2 206 02-06-1983 3 Alabama

17 Maurice Price WR 6-1 197 09-11-1985 2 Charleston Southern

21 Kolby Smith RB 5-11 218 12-15-1984 2 Louisville

22 Dimitri Patterson CB 5-10 190 06-18-1983 3 Tuskegee

23 Patrick Surtain CB 5-11 195 06-19-1976 11 Southern Miss

24 Brandon Flowers CB 5-9 187 02-18-1986 0 Virginia Tech

25 Jamaal Charles RB 5-11 199 12-27-1986 0 Texas

26 Jackie Battle RB 6-2 238 10-01-1983 1 Houston

27 Larry Johnson RB 6-1 230 11-19-1979 6 Penn State

29 Dantrell Savage RB 5-8 182 02-15-1985 0 Oklahoma State

30 B.J. Sams CB 5-10 185 10-29-1980 5 McNeese State

31 Maurice Leggett CB 5-11 188 10-02-1986 0 Valdosta State

38 DaJuan Morgan S 6-0 200 10-21-1985 0 North Carolina State

39 Brandon Carr CB 6-0 206 05-19-1986 0 Grand Valley State

42 Mike Cox RB 6-0 250 07-11-1985 0 Georgia Tech

44 Jarrad Page S 6-0 225 10-19-1984 3 UCLA

47 Jon McGraw S 6-3 206 04-02-1979 7 Kansas State

49 Bernard Pollard S 6-1 224 12-23-1984 3 Purdue

50 Napoleon Harris LB 6-3 255 02-25-1979 7 Northwestern

51 Jean-Philippe Darche C 6-0 242 02-28-1975 9 McGill

52 Erik Walden LB 6-2 250 08-21-1985 0 Middle Tennessee State

53 Demorrio Williams LB 6-1 232 07-06-1980 5 Nebraska

54 Brian Waters G 6-3 320 02-18-1977 9 North Texas

55 Pat Thomas LB 6-1 237 01-26-1983 4 North Carolina State

56 Derrick Johnson LB 6-3 242 11-22-1982 4 Texas

59 Donnie Edwards LB 6-2 227 04-06-1973 13 UCLA

60 Brian De La Puente G 6-3 306 05-13-1985 0 California

64 Rudy Niswanger C 6-5 301 11-09-1982 3 LSU

65 Herb Taylor T 6-3 295 09-22-1984 2 TCU

67 Barry Richardson T 6-6 320 05-15-1986 0 Clemson

70 Alfonso Boone DE 6-3 304 01-11-1976 8 Mount San Antonio JC

72 Glenn Dorsey DT 6-1 297 08-01-1985 0 LSU

73 Adrian Jones G 6-4 296 06-10-1981 5 Kansas

74 Wade Smith C 6-4 296 04-26-1981 6 Memphis

76 Branden Albert T 6-5 315 11-04-1984 0 Virginia

77 Damion McIntosh T 6-4 328 03-25-1977 9 Kansas State

80 Jeff Webb WR 6-2 211 01-31-1982 3 San Diego State

81 Devard Darling WR 6-1 215 04-16-1982 5 Washington State

82 Dwayne Bowe WR 6-2 221 09-21-1984 2 LSU

84 John Paul Foschi TE 6-3 270 05-18-1982 3 Georgia Tech

85 Will Franklin WR 6-0 205 10-13-1985 0 Missouri

87 Brad Cottam TE 6-9 270 11-28-1984 0 Tennessee

88 Tony Gonzalez TE 6-5 251 02-27-1976 12 California

90 Turk McBride DE 6-2 278 05-30-1985 2 Tennessee

91 Tamba Hali DE 6-3 275 11-03-1983 3 Penn State

93 Tank Tyler DT 6-2 306 02-14-1985 2 North Carolina State

95 Ron Edwards DT 6-3 315 07-12-1979 8 Texas A&M

97 Brian Johnston DE 6-4 269 12-20-1986 0 Gardner-Webb

99 T.J. Jackson DT 6-0 311 12-12-1983 2 Auburn

chiefzilla1501
04-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Isn't it ironic that Todd Haley tried to turn all our lineman into Lean Cuisine spokesmen and Pioli is drafting a bunch of heffers-no wonder they didn't see eye to eye

If Cassel plays poorly and they don't give Stanzi/Quinn the chance to play or start, Piloi should suffer the same fate as the Haley/Palko combo platter.

Huh? Allen and Stephenson are both lightweights, and they passed up on heavyweights to get them.

Haley forcing Albert to play at a lower weight was absolutely the right move. And it's clear the Chiefs are continuing to draft lighter players in order to play in a zone blocking scheme.

The things people will say to discredit Haley.

Mecca
04-29-2012, 07:11 PM
The smaller linemen is why a nice late round prospect like Brandon Washington wasn't an option for this team.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Kurt Warner had only thrown 11 NFL passes prior to 1999, you dumbass.

So?

I'm just illustrating the importance of a good backup QB.

If you want to go ahead and say Pioli has the same amount of foresight in Ricky Stanzi or Brady Quinn that Dick Vermeil had in Warner, go ahead.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Only Denver didnt dump Quinn.

They sure didn't try hard to keep him.

Kind of like saying the Chiefs didn't dump Orton.

We pretty much did. Not a lot of interest in keeping him.

Just Passin' By
04-29-2012, 07:46 PM
So?

I'm just illustrating the importance of a good backup QB.

If you want to go ahead and say Pioli has the same amount of foresight in Ricky Stanzi or Brady Quinn that Dick Vermeil had in Warner, go ahead.

No, you're changing your argument every time you get slapped down. That's a different thing.

Omaha
04-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Pioli and Cassel both suck.
just not sure which sucks more yet.

Cassel. Cassel sucks more.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 07:49 PM
No, you're changing your argument every time you get slapped down. That's a different thing.

Not hardly.

Understand what I'm trying to say:

I don't think we have a good backup quarterback.

There are many examples throughout NFL history of the importance of that position.

It doesn't matter where those quarterbacks came from. They proved to be vital to their team's success.

BoneKrusher
04-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Cassel. Cassel sucks more.

yeah, after further thought i agree.
he does.

Chiefaholic
04-29-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm making legitimate points about the importance of the backup quarterback position in the course of winning championships.

If you want to ignore straight facts and documented history, be my guest.

Imagine how fun the 1997 season would have been with Pat Barnes running the offense after Grbac got hurt.

Let's discuss the much more important task of a starting caliber QB. The guy capable of a backup position already exists in Casshole and Stanzi.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Let's discuss the much more important task of a starting caliber QB. The guy capable of a backup position already exists in Casshole and Stanzi.

That's kind of irrelevant in the context of this discussion. Pioli has his starter.

The fact he refuses to bring in a viable backup (barring an alignment of the stars with Stanzi) is troubling.

Chiefaholic
04-29-2012, 08:59 PM
That's kind of irrelevant in the context of this discussion. Pioli has his starter.

The fact he refuses to bring in a viable backup (barring an alignment of the stars with Stanzi) is troubling.

No he doesn't...He has Casshole who he made an attempt to replace with Manning. It's obvious that Pioli knows were not set at the QB position, but he has no viable options to replace him with. At this point, I'de start the season with Quinn and have Stanzi fill in is he plays like I believe he will.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 09:05 PM
It's obvious that Pioli knows were not set at the QB position, but he has no viable options to replace him with.

Signing Orton would not have been difficult.

David Garrard, Chad Henne, Josh Johnson and Jason Campbell were also available. They would be excellent backup quarterbacks.

Instead we have an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel option in one hand, and a kid who has never thrown a pass in the other.

Pioli is just a stubborn, arrogant piece of shit.

Chiefaholic
04-29-2012, 09:20 PM

David Garrard, Chad Henne, Josh Johnson and Jason Campbell were also available. They would be excellent backup quarterbacks.

Instead we have an absolute bottom-of-the-barrel option in one hand, and a kid who has never thrown a pass in the other.

Pioli is just a stubborn, arrogant piece of shit.

You say this crap as is you've talked to the individual players and KNOW they actually want to play in KC. The weather and entertainment in KC is crap. Outside of some pretty fine BBQ joints, there isn't alot outside of money that will lure FA's here.

griZZly64
04-29-2012, 09:24 PM
When watching the 1st round live I saw all the players we would want get picked ahead of us. So I told my buddy I'm like NOSE!! Gimmie a NOSE! Then they select Poe.. I haven't stopped celebrating yet. As far as body goes, hes everything I dreamed of for our Dline. I have faith that Romeo can develop Poe into THE premier NT in the lg. I couldn't care less that his career stats in college aren't sexy.

In my mind we just drafted Suh 2.0, gerthier, faster, stronger. It all hinges on his IQ. If he gets it I don't see how he cannot succeed. WIth Suh its easy to notice hes intelligent. Poe is hard to read. I mean he looks big n dumb because of that ridiculous haircut and excessive bling on him and his family members. I hope his looks don't reflect reality. Or else you doomsdayers (99% of CP) may just be right.

griZZly64
04-29-2012, 09:27 PM
You say this crap as is you've talked to the individual players and KNOW they actually want to play in KC. The weather and entertainment in KC is crap. Outside of some pretty fine BBQ joints, there isn't alot outside of money that will lure FA's here.

I do think we could have signed Orton if we wanted to though. He had to like the weapons we have. Orton isn't a top QB but at least he understands and plays chess. With Cassel we're still stuck with a damn checkers player.

milkman
04-29-2012, 09:29 PM
I do think we could have signed Orton if we wanted to though. He had to like the weapons we have. Orton isn't a top QB but at least he understands and plays chess. With Cassel we're still stuck with a damn checkers player.

Sorry.

Checkers are too advanced for Cassel.

We're still playing Sorry.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 09:30 PM

They're backup QBs. I'm sure they'd go just about anywhere the money is right.

In fact we had talks with at least one of those guys if I remember. We put in a pathetic effort.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 09:39 PM

Pioli is just a stubborn, arrogant piece of shit.Orton bolted to Dallas. He's content on holding a clipboard.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 09:45 PM
Orton bolted to Dallas. He's content on holding a clipboard.

Because the Cowboys paid him more.

We didn't want to pay him. Pioli admitted as much.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 09:53 PM
Because the Cowboys paid him more.

We didn't want to pay him. Pioli admitted as much.

I liked Orton, but I have zero interest in a QB who isnt willing to TRY to get a starting gig somewhere.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I liked Orton, but I have zero interest in a QB who isnt willing to TRY to get a starting gig somewhere.

I'm glad we have Matty Try Hard.

GoHuge
04-29-2012, 10:22 PM
From that list, both Shaun Hill and Drew Stanton were guys that I would gladly have brought in.

Hill has played some respectable, even very good games for both the 9ers and Lions, and he would be a better game manager than Cassel has ever been.

I have been a fan of Stanton since he was in school, and believe in the right situation he could flourish.

Sage Rosenfel is another I would gladly bring in to compete with Cassel.

He's a solid, albeit, unspectacular game manger.The point was they are all the same guys. None of them are anymore than game managers and for all the people that want Cassel gone..........that was the list to choose from.

-King-
04-29-2012, 10:24 PM
I'm glad we have Matty Try Hard.

A Qb content with being a back up isn't worth our time.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigChiefFan
04-29-2012, 10:26 PM
Looking back at the draft, Pioli did an excellent job. There weren't alot of pass-rushing 3-4 OLBers in the draft or guards that fit our offense, so he played the cards he was dealt. He got one of the top guards, the best NT prospect and a quality OT prospect. Added some special teamers, who have a chance to make the team, got us a HB, who should make the team and added some competition at WR .

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 10:27 PM
This. A Qb content with being a back up isn't worth our time.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's called sarcasm.

This is a better team with Orton.

-King-
04-29-2012, 10:28 PM
It's called sarcasm.

This is a better team with Orton.

Doesn't matter. He wanted to be a back up.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 10:30 PM
Doesn't matter. He wanted to be a back up.
Posted via Mobile Device

HE COULD HAVE BEEN OUR BACKUP.

Which means...HE WOULD BE THE STARTER IF CASSEL GOT HURT.

THAT

WOULD

BE

AWESOME

BigChiefFan
04-29-2012, 10:30 PM
It's called sarcasm.

This is a better team with Orton.Yes, 1 TD and 2 INT ratio is exactly what the doctor ordered.

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 10:31 PM
This is a better team with Orton.That's a knock on Cassel more than anything else.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 10:34 PM
Yes, 1 TD and 2 INT ratio is exactly what the doctor ordered.

I've already posted the statistical data that supports Orton beyond a shadow of a doubt. And this was with only a few weeks practice time.

So please stop.

Rausch
04-29-2012, 10:37 PM
HE COULD HAVE BEEN OUR BACKUP.

Which means...HE WOULD BE THE STARTER IF CASSEL GOT HURT.

THAT

WOULD

BE

AWESOME

LMAO

|Zach|
04-29-2012, 10:40 PM
meltdown

BigChiefFan
04-29-2012, 10:49 PM
I've already posted the statistical data that supports Orton beyond a shadow of a doubt. And this was with only a few weeks practice time.

So please stop.

You're longing for Kyle "average at best " Orton and you're asking me to stop? Sure thing, babe.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 10:50 PM
Next week I'm starting a "cassel deserves props" thread just for the fun

Blick
04-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Also, TJ Yates.

Let me get this straight.

Houston had a good backup with TJ Yates, a 5th rounder, who'd never thrown an NFL pass prior to last year.

But Pioli doesn't give a shit about having a good backup in KC with Stanzi, who was taken in the same round as Yates.

Got it.

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 11:26 PM
Let me get this straight.

Houston had a good backup with TJ Yates, a 5th rounder, who'd never thrown an NFL pass prior to last year.

But Pioli doesn't give a shit about having a good backup in KC with Stanzi, who was taken in the same round as Yates.

Got it.

You are missing the point again.

Yates is just another example of how important a backup QB can be.

The Chiefs don't have one until proven otherwise, and pinning all your hopes on a guy who has never thrown an NFL pass is pretty dumb.

Not even the Texans did. Leinart was 2nd string.

Rausch
04-29-2012, 11:27 PM
The Chiefs don't have one until proven otherwise, and pinning all your hopes on a guy who has never thrown an NFL pass is pretty dumb.

He can't win until he gets to fucking throw the ball...

BigMeatballDave
04-29-2012, 11:30 PM
pinning all your hopes on a guy who has never thrown an NFL pass is pretty dumb.
Yeah. Dumb.

I cant believe the Colts would invest the #1 overall on a guy who has never thrown an NFL pass...

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 11:32 PM
Yeah. Dumb.

I cant believe the Colts would invest the #1 overall on a guy who has never thrown an NFL pass...

Nice deflection.

J Diddy
04-29-2012, 11:38 PM
Nice deflection.

Isn't that the basis of your argument? That you can't go into a season with a proven pro level quarterback?

Sure you could say that there was a lot of people who think that Luck is going to be a hall of famer but there is also a lot of people who say the same with Stanzi. What makes those peoples opinion more valid than the Stanzi supporters opinions?

BossChief
04-29-2012, 11:41 PM
We actually scouted Yates and chose Stanzi over him.

Funny fact about us taking Stanzi...we took him with Denvers pick.

Blick
04-29-2012, 11:47 PM

Dude won 2 games in 5 starts and averaged under 200 yards a game.

You don't think Stanzi could do that?

Hammock Parties
04-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Isn't that the basis of your argument? That you can't go into a season with a proven pro level quarterback?

No. Where did I say that?

When you're talking backup QBs, though, yeah, I'd prefer an experienced veteran. Otherwise you end up juggling Tyler fucking Palko and Ricky Stanzi. Then you miss the playoffs by a game and suddenly everyone is calling for your head.

J Diddy
04-30-2012, 12:06 AM
No. Where did I say that?

When you're talking backup QBs, though, yeah, I'd prefer an experienced veteran. Otherwise you end up juggling Tyler ****ing Palko and Ricky Stanzi. Then you miss the playoffs by a game and suddenly everyone is calling for your head.

So you have to have an experienced backup but not a starter?

Now I know that the Colts aren't going to do anything this year and that's a factor and I do know that you wanted to keep Orton, but to be honest I don't think Orton wanted to stay. Hell, prior to the end of the season he even stated that it was Cassel's team. So that's that.

We've got an experienced backup and a young guy waiting in the wings. Now you could make a point that they aren't the right guys, but to continuously blow up as if they don't have those guys is dishonest.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:09 AM
We've got an experienced backup and a young guy waiting in the wings. Now you could make a point that they aren't the right guys, but to continuously blow up as if they don't have those guys is dishonest.

We have the worst quarterback situation in the NFL.

We have a bottom 1/3 starter, a guy who is genuinely one of the worst quarterbacks in the entire league (among starters AND backups) and has been for his ENTIRE career, and a kid who has never thrown a pass.

The quarterback situation is unacceptable from top to bottom.

Oh, and Quinn is not experienced. Guys like Jason Campbell and Orton are experienced.

Blick
04-30-2012, 12:14 AM
How was Houston's backup QB situation last year?

Bowser
04-30-2012, 12:16 AM
I heard a sound bite where Pioli said he and the coaching staff believed they had three legit starters at QB on this team. Understanding that he has to say these things if for nothing else than to prop up the very guys he's talking about, I still laughed out loud.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Pretty good when the smoke cleared.

J Diddy
04-30-2012, 12:19 AM
We have the worst quarterback situation in the NFL.

We have a bottom 1/3 starter, a guy who is genuinely one of the worst quarterbacks in the entire league (among starters AND backups) and has been for his ENTIRE career, and a kid who has never thrown a pass.

The quarterback situation is unacceptable from top to bottom.

Oh, and Quinn is not experienced. Guys like Jason Campbell and Orton are experienced.

How does typing in larger font make your case stronger?

We have a quarterback 2 years removed from the probowl, we have a backup that is a former first round pick, who is familiar with the OC and has played in 14 games in 3 years with Cleveland (which coincidentally more games and passes than Rodgers had when he took over), and then we have Stanzi (a 2nd year qb who is the future)

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Let me build a similar depth chart!

Pro Bowl QB:

http://www.cwallc.com/images/team/Steve-Bono.jpg

Former first-round pick:

http://www.kxlh.com/images/thumbnails/A0825E8F05E9B69E83F1BE99106AD433_292_292.jpg

2nd year QB who is the future:

http://sportsmeister.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/jp-losman-426-2.jpg

Holy shit!

That is one solid fucking QB situation.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:24 AM
Let's do it again!

PRO BOWL QB

http://fansofmediocrity.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/gus-frerotte.jpg

Former first-round pick!

http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4da74f3bccd1d5856a270000/jamarcus-russell.jpg

2nd year QB WHO IS THE FUTURE

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/48329/610x_large.jpg

J Diddy
04-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Let me build a similar depth chart!

Pro Bowl QB:

http://www.cwallc.com/images/team/Steve-Bono.jpg

Former first-round pick:

http://www.kxlh.com/images/thumbnails/A0825E8F05E9B69E83F1BE99106AD433_292_292.jpg

2nd year QB who is the future:

http://sportsmeister.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/jp-losman-426-2.jpg

Holy shit!

That is one solid ****ing QB situation.

Not sure what that has to with anything. Please let me in on what former players have to do with this?

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:27 AM
It's an example of how ludicrous your defense is.

Cassel sucks and his Pro Bowl label means shit.

Quinn's first-round label means shit.

Stanzi doesn't even have a label.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:30 AM
I have a 7th round pick, an undrafted free agent and a grocery bagger, how's my QB situation looking?

Hey!

http://emints4.purdy.k12.mo.us/images/famo1/greentrent.jpg

Woo!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Jmv4oU5K4LM/SkseSgfZpoI/AAAAAAAAAyg/sdTyWCnY8JQ/s400/tony-romo2.jpg

Broseph!

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Super+Bowl+XLIII+-MvHHdGyYWDl.jpg

Not bad.

YOUR LABELS MEAN SHIT.

J Diddy
04-30-2012, 12:33 AM
It's an example of how ludicrous your defense is.

Cassel sucks and his Pro Bowl label means shit.

Quinn's first-round label means shit.

Stanzi doesn't even have a label.

First, I offered no defense I merely listed facts. Second, they're obviously facts that you don't think matter. Third, according to the cp consensus rules on quarterbacking in the modern era those players don't count.

So those qualifiers don't do it for you, what would?

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:35 AM
OK. It's good to know you weren't trying to defend a position.

Nothing to see here, move along.

J Diddy
04-30-2012, 12:35 AM
I have a 7th round pick, an undrafted free agent and a grocery bagger, how's my QB situation looking?

Hey!

http://emints4.purdy.k12.mo.us/images/famo1/greentrent.jpg

Woo!

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Jmv4oU5K4LM/SkseSgfZpoI/AAAAAAAAAyg/sdTyWCnY8JQ/s400/tony-romo2.jpg

Broseph!

http://www4.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Super+Bowl+XLIII+-MvHHdGyYWDl.jpg

Not bad.

YOUR LABELS MEAN SHIT.

You should be the CP comedian of the year. I love your temper tantrums. It's humorous.

Let's call it what it is. You don't like the front office and everything they do you will disagree with, mostly in regards to the quarterback position, right?

Blick
04-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Please tell me the difference between Houston's backup QB situation with a failed 1st rounder and an unproven 5th rounder and our situation with a failed 1st rounder and an unproven 5th rounder.

You're saying one is good, and the other is not.

J Diddy
04-30-2012, 12:44 AM
Please tell me the difference between Houston's backup QB situation with a failed 1st rounder and an unproven 5th rounder and our situation with a failed 1st rounder and an unproven 5th rounder.

His argument is with the front office. We could have the second coming of Joe Montana and he would still blast it.

He's and idiot.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:46 AM

Their 5th rounder is a decent player.

When Stanzi proves to be that, I'll give Pioli the benefit of the doubt.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:48 AM
You don't like the front office and everything they do you will disagree with

It's like you don't even pay attention to my posts.

We had a solid free agency period. Pioli has made several good moves here. We have a talented team.

Unfortunately he keeps fucking up big decisions that outweigh all of that in the end.

BossChief
04-30-2012, 12:52 AM
Think how good this team would be next year if Cassel was as good as Shaub.

We would have a chance at the next 5 superbowls and that window would be WIDE OPEN.

J Diddy
04-30-2012, 12:53 AM
It's like you don't even pay attention to my posts.

We had a solid free agency period. Pioli has made several good moves here. We have a talented team.

Unfortunately he keeps ****ing up big decisions that outweigh all of that in the end.

Perhaps because virtually every post that I notice from you is in giant font bashing pioli.

Blick
04-30-2012, 12:55 AM
Their 5th rounder is a decent player.

Decent player based on what?

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Decent player based on what?

Here's a hint: he has more playoff wins than the Chiefs in the last 20 fucking years.

Blick
04-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Here's a hint: he has more playoff wins than the Chiefs in the last 20 ****ing years.

He didn't do shit.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 01:04 AM
The Texans don't make the playoffs without Yates playing well.

Dave Lane
04-30-2012, 07:32 AM
When watching the 1st round live I saw all the players we would want get picked ahead of us. So I told my buddy I'm like NOSE!! Gimmie a NOSE! Then they select Poe.. I haven't stopped celebrating yet. As far as body goes, hes everything I dreamed of for our Dline. I have faith that Romeo can develop Poe into THE premier NT in the lg. I couldn't care less that his career stats in college aren't sexy.

In my mind we just drafted Suh 2.0, gerthier, faster, stronger. It all hinges on his IQ. If he gets it I don't see how he cannot succeed. WIth Suh its easy to notice hes intelligent. Poe is hard to read. I mean he looks big n dumb because of that ridiculous haircut and excessive bling on him and his family members. I hope his looks don't reflect reality. Or else you doomsdayers (99% of CP) may just be right.

See my signature looks like there's a high potential you may end up in there in a couple years.

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 07:41 AM
why does anyone even argue with the loser anymore?

Direckshun
04-30-2012, 07:44 AM
The Texans don't make the playoffs with Yates playing well.

They don't make the playoffs if a lot of factors don't go their way.

If their defense hadn't been wholesale rejuvenated in Phillips' 3-4, they don't make the playoffs.

If Arian Foster hadn't continued destroying worlds, they don't make the playoffs.

If Yates didn't have a 10 year All Pro to relyon , they don't make the playoffs.

Hell -- if the Broncos and Chiefs made smarter moves at QB in 2012 (Broncos starting Tebow all season, Chiefs starting Orton soon as he arrived), they'd both have at least one- or two-game improvements, and the Texans don't make the playoffs.

I haven't been reading this thread, but let's be honest with ourselves, Yates was not carrying the Texans. He was Sanchez-ing it for the most part. Which is what you can hope a 5th rounder can do.

But let's not get so wrapped up in our Pioli Hate that we turn every other team in the league into the Model We Should Be.

Coogs
04-30-2012, 08:28 AM
Isn't it ironic that Todd Haley tried to turn all our lineman into Lean Cuisine spokesmen and Pioli is drafting a bunch of heffers-

Heve you acturally seen our first 3 picks in the draft this year? They are all pretty chiseled.

BoneKrusher
04-30-2012, 08:42 AM
Next week I'm starting a "cassel deserves props" thread just for the fun

http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/epicsmallcopp1.gif

HemiEd
04-30-2012, 08:46 AM
I like your attitude. Most everyone on here is a smartass, incompetent, unknowledgeable "chiefs fan". I dint post much because replies are from dumbasses saying, you spelled a word wrong; Christ.........idiots. Good read, good tude. Open the gates, let the peasants in.

What is "dint?"

J Diddy
04-30-2012, 09:42 AM
What is "dint?"

It's short for dinty moore.

It means he was stewing over what to think.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 01:39 PM
I haven't been reading this thread, but let's be honest with ourselves, Yates was not carrying the Texans. He was Sanchez-ing it for the most part. Which is what you can hope a 5th rounder can do.

But let's not get so wrapped up in our Pioli Hate that we turn every other team in the league into the Model We Should Be.

Oh, I agree completely.

It's pretty clear though that the Texans aren't making the playoffs with Tyler Palko out there.

That's my point.

Pioli has horribly bungled our QB situation two years in a row.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 01:43 PM
Oh, I agree completely.

It's pretty clear though that the Texans aren't making the playoffs with Tyler Palko out there.

That's my point.

I'd say 4 yrs.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 01:48 PM
I'd say 4 yrs.

You're probably right. Croyle was responsible for that 31-0 embarrassment in 2010.

And Pioli learned from that mistake by replace Croyle with someone even worse. LMAO

Coogs
04-30-2012, 01:52 PM

You may be right. I still am anxious to see Stanzi... and Quinn for that matter... perform during the preseason games this year. If they look like total crap, then I will be inclined to belive you. But until then, I am choosing to remain optimistic that one of the two might pan out.

philfree
04-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Two great teams with great QBs. NE Patriots and the Green Bay Packers.

Who has been their backups the last couple years? That's right they both brought in seasoned vets as backups just in case thier starter went down.

No they didn't! I'll go with the young backups like a Stanzi or Flynn before I'll bring in a vet. Normally it's already been determined that the vet is not starter material so I'd rather go with a young guy who might end up being the QBOTF or the next Tom Brady.

You will never develope a QB if all you do is bring in vets to be your backup.

HemiEd
04-30-2012, 03:00 PM
It's short for dinty moore.

It means he was stewing over what to think.

ROFL Thanks.

htismaqe
04-30-2012, 03:09 PM
Two great teams with great QBs. NE Patriots and the Green Bay Packers.

Who has been their backups the last couple years? That's right they both brought in seasoned vets as backups just in case thier starter went down.

No they didn't! I'll go with the young backups like a Stanzi or Flynn before I'll bring in a vet. Normally it's already been determined that the vet is not starter material so I'd rather go with a young guy who might end up being the QBOTF or the next Tom Brady.

You will never develope a QB if all you do is bring in vets to be your backup.

The other side of that coin is the Colts - who had Curtis Painter waiting in the wings.

Of course, they ended up with Andrew Luck, so maybe it IS the way to go. :)

philfree
04-30-2012, 03:19 PM
The other side of that coin is the Colts - who had Curtis Painter waiting in the wings.

Of course, they ended up with Andrew Luck, so maybe it IS the way to go. :)

Well it helps the backup if you don't let the whole roster go to crap while your star is winning games.

Titty Meat
04-30-2012, 03:27 PM
How does a GM who's already fired the coach he hired 3 years ago and traded for one of the worst QB's in the league deserve credit?

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 03:30 PM
How does a GM who's already fired the coach he hired 3 years ago and traded for one of the worst QB's in the league deserve credit?

I dislike Pioli because of his handling of the QB situation.

QBs win SBs. Not HCs.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 03:43 PM

Because homers love sucking cock, basically.

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
You are missing the point again.

Not even the Texans did. Leinart was 2nd string.

arent we in that same situation?

quinn has thrown passes and stanzi at this point would be 3rd string.

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 04:36 PM

for everything else he has done?

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 04:42 PM
for everything else he has done?

Yes. Cassel was a great decision...

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 04:45 PM
Pioli deserves credit for McCluster.

And Mike Brown.

And Bobby Engram.

And Ryan O'Callaghan.

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes. Cassel was a great decision...

yeah if you could actually read you would see that the post i quoted had cassel in it already.

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Pioli deserves credit for McCluster.

And Mike Brown.

And Bobby Engram.

And Ryan O'Callaghan.

and eric berry, asamoah, hudson, signing winston...

there's quite a bit more out there also.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Credit given where it's due.

Pioli has done a marvelous job of building a talented roster that will accomplish nothing.

SAUTO
funny how everything that has gone wrong is on pioli but anything that goes right is on someone else.

this fucking place...

SAUTO
Credit given where it's due.

Pioli has done a marvelous job of building a talented roster that will accomplish nothing.

bullshit, you only gave him credit for the shit players a couple of posts ago.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 04:56 PM
You changed my mind.

Congrats.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 04:57 PM
and eric berry, asamoah, hudson, signing winston...

there's quite a bit more out there also.Eric Berry is a no-brainer. Anyone of us could have made that pick.

Bowser
04-30-2012, 04:57 PM
We haven't won a playoff game in nearly 20 years, and we still have Matt Cassel as our starting quarterback. He has made some moves to improve the team now and for the future, but the Cassel thing negates that.

So, Pioli deserves this...

http://flipthatbird.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/johnny-cash.jpg

qabbaan
04-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Summary:

You have one pompous windbag making about 4,000 "worst draft ever" posts

...and most everyone else saying they may have disagreed with a pick or two, but overall felt it was a pretty sensible draft.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 04:59 PM
funny how everything that has gone wrong is on pioli but anything that goes right is on someone else.

this fucking place...You cant fail on the most important position and expect people praise him.

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Eric Berry is a no-brainer. Anyone of us could have made that pick.

see thats a stupid fucking come back.

how many safeties have been taken top 5?

now someone will say thats haley's pick.

even more idiotic.

because those same people will go around saying pioli tried to screw haley over and was trying to sabotoge him, and find a reason to fire the guy but we spend a #5 on a player just for him? idiots

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 05:03 PM
You cant fail on the most important position and expect people praise him.

yes you can.

failing on a qb doesnt make every other move a mistake.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Agreed.

I praise Pioli for building a talented roster that will never win a playoff game.

He's the brightest retard in special ed.

Hammock Parties
04-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Praise be to Pioli for his accomplishments!

Hitch your wagon to a cloud!

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 05:05 PM
yeah if you could actually read you would see that the post i quoted had cassel in it already.

Where?

Bowser
04-30-2012, 05:06 PM
yes you can.

But it makes him a failure OVERALL, seeing as how nobody wins shit without a top ten quarterback.

That Piloi just keeps hanging onto Cassel like a security blanket is beyond understanding.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 05:06 PM
yes you can.

Thats correct, but the team fails as a result of not having a quality QB.

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 05:08 PM
here is the original post i quoted
Where?

now if you arent smart enough to know what qb billay was talking about i dont know what to tell you

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 05:11 PM
But it makes him a failure OVERALL, seeing as how nobody wins shit without a top ten quarterback.

That Piloi just keeps hanging onto Cassel like a security blanket is beyond understanding.

i dont see it as holding on to his blankey, we tried for manning, he wasnt interested.

the chiefs obviously arent interested in giving up 3 1s and a 2 for a qb either, i would, but if that the way they feel the team needs to be built then theres nothing i can do about it.

we have drafted stanzi, signed quinn, maybe one of those guys will be a player.

thats all we have to rely on at this point until next draft.

who should they have taken at 11 this year that would be our franchise qb?

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 05:18 PM
here is the original post i quoted

now if you arent smart enough to know what qb billay was talking about i dont know what to tell youYeah, but YOU didnt mention Cassel. Cassel is the dealbreaker.

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Yeah, but YOU didnt mention Cassel. Cassel is the dealbreaker.

what the fuck are you talking about?

he mentioned firing haley and trading for cassel and asked what pioli should get credit for.

i said everything else.

why the fuck would i mention cassel? he was already mentioned.

dumbass.

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 05:23 PM
what the fuck are you talking about?

he mentioned firing haley and trading for cassel and asked what pioli should get credit for.

i said everything else.

why the fuck would i mention cassel? he was already mentioned.

dumbass.ROFL Such anger? Hot in the shop today?

Bowser
04-30-2012, 05:24 PM
i dont see it as holding on to his blankey, we tried for manning, he wasnt interested.

the chiefs obviously arent interested in giving up 3 1s and a 2 for a qb either, i would, but if that the way they feel the team needs to be built then theres nothing i can do about it.

we have drafted stanzi, signed quinn, maybe one of those guys will be a player.

thats all we have to rely on at this point until next draft.

who should they have taken at 11 this year that would be our franchise qb?

This year at 11? Nobody.

But how many years does Pioli need to watch Cassel bumble around the field, averaging 160 yards a game to go with a TD and a pick or two to realize that this guy isn't the answer?

SAUTO
ROFL Such anger? Hot in the shop today?

no about 70 degrees.

i just cant stand idiocy.

and you, sir, are an idiot.

stonedstooge
So does anyone have an idea of what kind of plan the Chiefs are on? Are the Chiefs going into the 4th year of a 5 year plan or maybe 6 or 7 year plan? Kind of curious to where we are at

SAUTO
04-30-2012, 05:25 PM
This year at 11? Nobody.

But how many years does Pioli need to watch Cassel bumble around the field, averaging 160 yards a game to go with a TD and a pick or two to realize that this guy isn't the answer?

who has been available at our pick in the last 3 years?

i get what you are saying here, i really do, but until we have someone that can consistently do a better job what should the chiefs do?

BigMeatballDave
04-30-2012, 05:26 PM
no about 70 degrees.

i just cant stand idiocy.

and you, sir, are an idiot.Okay.

I misread the posts.

You suck at capitalization, so its a push.

Bowser
04-30-2012, 05:33 PM
who has been available at our pick in the last 3 years?

i get what you are saying here, i really do, but until we have someone that can consistently do a better job what should the chiefs do?

The way I see it, the Chiefs need to do better in pursuing a real QB either in the draft or free agency or deal with fans being pissed about it. I for one don't plan on spending money out at the stadium while Cassel is still our QB, unless he has some miraculous turnaround that nobody not named Pioli saw coming.

And if I'm not mistaken, Stanzi is the only quarterback we've invested a draft pick in under Pioli, not counting the Cassel trade, and he didn't even sniff the field after playing somewhat sparingly in the preseason. Maybe this season will be different since they're not dealing with a lockout, who knows. But it's safe to say Pioli specifically has apparently turned a blind eye to what Cassel is, and that's really just not acceptable.

suzzer99
04-30-2012, 06:05 PM
As less-than-scintillating at the TJax pick has turned out to be, Pioli has to get credit for not going with Aaron Curry - the consensus and safe pick for us at #3.

Ming the Merciless
04-30-2012, 06:08 PM
yeah if you could actually read

If he could actually read his life would be a lot better in many ways. Poor dude.