PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Pioli Deserves Props

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Chief Roundup
05-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh yeah?

**** you.

No. I don't swing both ways. And you are not sucking my cock you waste of bandwith.

Micjones
05-02-2012, 02:40 PM
It's not so much the 12 games...it's that people saw those 12 games and decided he didn't even deserve another chance.

That's pretty bad, and that's two franchises doing that.

And I'm sure he'll be #3 here in KC, proving that he does, in fact, suck a large amount of cock.

Tampa Bay and Cleveland may have very different evaluation processes, but Quinn was far more efficient after his first 12 starts.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 02:40 PM
It's not so much the 12 games...it's that people saw those 12 games and decided he didn't even deserve another chance.

And I'm sure he'll be #3 here in KC, proving that he does, in fact, suck a large amount of cock.

Yeah, Denver really tried.

He started a whopping 0 games.

The Franchise
05-02-2012, 02:41 PM
I get that part, but that's only important to the REST of Freeman's career.
He'll most certainly be done in Tampa Bay if he doesn't prove himself in 2012.

In being just 25 after next season he'll have 5-6 more years left in his body, but he'll be all but finished as an NFL starter. He isn't going to get another chance to be "the guy" unless the QB, he'll most certainly be backing up, goes down due to injury.

He DOES NOT have 5 more years to prove himself to the Bucs.

You don't think he'll get another chance to prove himself?

If he falters this year and is let go by the Bucs (which I doubt)......he'll undoubtedly get picked up by a team looking for a QB and he'll get his second chance.

Hammock Parties
No. I don't swing both ways. And you are not sucking my cock you waste of bandwith.

Bringing up Rich Gannon to defend any shitty QB was played out 3 years ago with Cassel.

What's next? Quinn throws 24 picks and you bring up Trent Green?

Fuck that shit. I'm tired of the fucking true fans constantly referring to giant exceptions to the rules to prop up some piece of shit who should be playing UFL ball.

The Franchise

He was not starting over Tebow or Orton in Denver. I wish people would fucking get that point. Quinn has had exactly ONE chance so far in the NFL....and even that was fucked up.

Chief Roundup
05-02-2012, 02:42 PM
Rich Gannon never actually showed anything. When you throw out the rose-colored revisionist history, he produced nearly IDENTICAL results to Elvis Grbac in KC and in Oakland, he played in a dink and dunk offense with two HoF WRs.

Rich Gannon may be one of the most overrated QBs in Chief fan history.

That all my very well be true but he out played Grbac and most wanted Gannon to stay in the starting role. Instead Marty put Grbac back in the lineup and we lost. Yet Gannon went on to Oakland and took them to a SB. All after the age of 32.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Yeah, Denver really tried.

He started a whopping 0 games.

There's this thing called practice, where players can show their skills.

Teams do evaluate players in practice.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 02:45 PM
There's this thing called practice, where players can show their skills.

Teams do evaluate players in practice.

LMAO

One of the dumbest things I've read here.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
LMAO

One of the dumbest things I've read here.

How do you think Brodie Croyle won the Chiefs' starting job in 2008?

It certainly wasn't based on 2007.

He won it based on training camp and preseason.

Bottom line is that if Quinn had shown ANYTHING after 12 horrible starts in Cleveland, the Browns or the Broncos would have tried to keep him.

I don't even know why we're having this discussion. Pioli will never open the QB position up for competition here. It's Cassel's job until Pioli is fired, or Cassel sustains horrible injury.

Chief Roundup
05-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Bringing up Rich Gannon to defend any shitty QB was played out 3 years ago with Cassel.

What's next? Quinn throws 24 picks and you bring up Trent Green?

**** that shit. I'm tired of the ****ing true fans constantly referring to giant exceptions to the rules to prop up some piece of shit who should be playing UFL ball.

Dude if you would pay attention you would know that I want Cassel out of here. I am tired of his worthless ass.
I was just pointing out that it has happened and will probably happen again.
Some of you need to take your sensitivity down a notch or 100. Geez.

htismaqe
05-02-2012, 02:48 PM
That all my very well be true but he out played Grbac and most wanted Gannon to stay in the starting role. Instead Marty put Grbac back in the lineup and we lost. Yet Gannon went on to Oakland and took them to a SB. All after the age of 32.

No he didn't out play Grbac AT ALL.

Grbac - 10 games, 57% completion, 6.2 YPA, 11 TD, 6 INT, 8-2 W/L
Gannon - 6 games, 56% completion, 6.5 YPA, 7 TD, 4 INT, 5-1 W/L

The idea that Gannon outplayed Grbac is 100% pure nostalgia and nothing more.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
I'm very sensitive when people bring up dumbshit arguments that we heard three years ago to defend a shitty QB.

They were dumbshit arguments then, they are dumbshit arguments now.

Maybe we should go resign Tyler Thigpen so his legion of true fans can use the Rich Gannon defense to pimp him.

Chief Roundup
05-02-2012, 02:49 PM
How do you think Brodie Croyle won the Chiefs' starting job in 2008?

It certainly wasn't based on 2007.

He won it based on training camp and preseason.

Bottom line is that if Quinn had shown ANYTHING after 12 horrible starts in Cleveland, the Browns or the Broncos would have tried to keep him.

I don't even know why we're having this discussion. Pioli will never open the QB position up for competition here. It's Cassel's job until Pioli is fired, or Cassel sustains horrible injury.

He won it by default. We had Damon Huard and Tyler Thigpen for his competition.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 02:51 PM
He won it by default. We had Damon Huard and Tyler Thigpen for his competition.

WRONG. They had an open competition between Huard and Croyle.

Huard sucked balls, so Croyle took it based on training camp and preseason.

Conversely, Huard won it the season prior based on the same criteria.

Chief Roundup
05-02-2012, 02:55 PM
WRONG. They had an open competition between Huard and Croyle.

Huard sucked balls, so Croyle took it based on training camp and preseason.

Yeah Huard has always sucked. Therefore there really wasn't any competition considering we drafted Croyle albeit in the 3rd round.

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2012, 02:57 PM
Unpossible. Clay said he sucks.

Clay says alot of stupid shit. The more you ignore him the better.

ChiefsCountry
05-02-2012, 02:58 PM

Grbac/Gannon myth that is always debunked by stats. Marty made the right call on the QB that day, the rest of it was just typical Martyball playoff version.

Micjones
05-02-2012, 03:00 PM
You don't think he'll get another chance to prove himself?

Where?

In Tampa Bay? I'd highly doubt that.
Teams have walked away from draft picks much sooner than 4 seasons as the starter.

Could he get another chance elsewhere?
I suppose...but I'd highly doubt it'll be as a starter unless a team's in DIRE need of a starting QB. And even then I think that's a toss up.

If he doesn't prove himself in Tampa Bay nobody's gonna be in a rush to turn their franchise over to a player who's still a questionmark after 4 years as a starter.
He'll be a backup who'll have to wait on a starter to go down for another opportunity.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Clay says alot of stupid shit. The more you ignore him the better.

LOL I know.

He's just arguing with anything about anyone.

His days are numbered, and he knows it as soon as the Chiefs win 10 this season.:)

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 03:05 PM

All I know is, it was a hugh mistake to go back to Grbac for playoffs.

This is why I still hate Marty.

htismaqe
05-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Where?

In Tampa Bay? I'd highly doubt that.
Teams have walked away from draft picks much sooner than 4 seasons as the starter.

Could he get another chance elsewhere?
I suppose...but I'd highly doubt it'll be as a starter unless a team's in DIRE need of a starting QB. And even then I think that's a toss up.

If he doesn't prove himself in Tampa Bay nobody's gonna be in a rush to turn their franchise over to a player who's still a questionmark after 4 years as a starter. He'll be a backup who'll have to wait on a starter to go down for another opportunity.

David Carr, Joey Harrington, all of these guys get 2nd chances. He'll have to potentially compete in his 2nd stop but he'll still get a shot.

htismaqe
05-02-2012, 03:14 PM
All I know is, it was a hugh mistake to go back to Grbac for playoffs.

This is why I still hate Marty.

Why?

I'll bet you can't come up with one objective reason to start Gannon in the playoffs.

The Franchise
05-02-2012, 03:16 PM
David Carr, Joey Harrington, all of these guys get 2nd chances. He'll have to potentially compete in his 2nd stop but he'll still get a shot.

This.

There are always going to be teams who are looking for a QB....and are willing to give a young guy a second chance.

Chief Roundup
05-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Why?

I'll bet you can't come up with one objective reason to start Gannon in the playoffs.

Because Gannon had the "hot hand". Because the team didn't really care for Grbac.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 03:18 PM
Why?

He was the hot hand. 5-1 entering the playoffs.

Grbac played against the Saints in the final game of the season and was not good. It was a horrible decision. If its not broke, don't fix it.

htismaqe
05-02-2012, 03:20 PM
He was the hot hand. 5-1 entering the playoffs.

Grbac played against the Saints in the final game of the season and was not good. It was a horrible decision. If its not broke, don't fix it.

Gannon was 3 for 4 for 7 yards in that Saints game. The defense had 3 picks.

Revisionist history.

htismaqe
05-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Because Gannon had the "hot hand". Because the team didn't really care for Grbac.

3 completions, 7 yards.

The DEFENSE had the hot hand - all season in fact.

Revisionist history.

Chiefnj2
05-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Pioli deserves credit for assembling a team that in 3 years has gone through 1 head coach, 4 OC's, will be on its 2nd DC and just finished in last place in the division in year 3, and set a franchise record for fewest points scored ever. Kudo's to you Mr. Pioli.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Gannon was 3 for 4 for 7 yards in that Saints game. The defense had 3 picks.

Revisionist history.

LOL Grbac was 5-14

whoman69
05-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Grbac/Gannon myth that is always debunked by stats. Marty made the right call on the QB that day, the rest of it was just typical Martyball playoff version.

The stats don't account for the fact that Grbac was rusty coming off injury. Gannon was working and should not have been replaced. The fact their numbers are so similar that to say Grbac should have been inserted in another Marty mistake. Marty doesn't have his playoff record without reason.

Micjones
05-02-2012, 04:08 PM

You just proved my point.

Carr left Houston after 5 seasons and made just 4 more starts the rest of his career. He was a backup the rest of the way though.
Carr took over for Jake Delhomme, in Carolina, AFTER an elbow injury.

Harrington left Detroit after 4 seasons and made 21 more starts, BUT...
He was a backup at all three of his future stops.
He took over for Daunte Culpepper, in Miami, AFTER a shoulder injury (and remember Culpepper tore his knee up just one season prior).
He went on to Atlanta where he was Michael Vick's backup...until he was suspended for the '07 season.
After that year...he was cut again and never played another game.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Haha I know Freeman is better than Cassel, but to act as if he is some great player worth #3 overall is lunacy.

I'm tempted to start calling him "Black Castle"

Freeman wasn't worth the #3 overall but Tannehill was worth trading 2nd and 3rd round picks for?

Wow.
Truth...try it sometime.
So you're saying Freeman wasn't worth a #3 but Tannehill was worth the #8 plus a 3rd rounder?

Gimme a break.

I've said over and over that I'd cap it as a second rounder to move up...but that we could move to 6 for a third and 11.

Who the fuck ever said 8th and a third?

ROFL

Lets try to stick to the facts here.
Whatever suits their argument.Ironic.

I've never said I would give that much for Tannehill.

Someone stated a number of games a qb has to play before you can really see what you have.

Don't remember who or how many, but I remember reading it once. I want to say that is around 36 starts. Or somewhere real close to that number.

You can look at a clear difference between games before and after that line...but that alone might have moved way up with the new rules, too. I'd say you should have a good idea about your quarterback after two years starting nowadays.

Rich Gannon never actually showed anything. When you throw out the rose-colored revisionist history, he produced nearly IDENTICAL results to Elvis Grbac in KC and in Oakland, he played in a dink and dunk offense with two HoF WRs.

Rich Gannon may be one of the most overrated QBs in Chief fan history.

it's not like the guy won the league MVP trophy or anything...

All in all, I don't think Freeman is much better than a guy like ....Jason Campbell...but he could prove me wrong in the coming years.

He would be an obvious upgrade to Cassel, but so would a space monkey.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 04:42 PM
All in all, I don't think Freeman is much better than a guy like ....Jason Campbell...but he could prove me wrong in the coming years.

When did Campbell go 25/6?

Josh Freeman honestly reminds me of Ben Roethlisberger on a significantly less talented team.

Not only did he go 3500/25/6 his 2nd year, he had 364 rushing yards.

He's mega talented.

SAUTO
05-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Cassel and Freeman both had good years when they played a weak schedule.

Then they shit the bed the next year against better competition.

True about Freeman being younger, he COULD rebound but is not a given like clay is trying to act.

This is a stupid fucking argument
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 05:22 PM
And even with those facts, Freeman is still better. He completes passes at a higher rate, he throws for more yards.

Rain Man
05-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm not sure of a good place to put this, so I'll put it here.

If you know your Chiefs history, you've heard the story of how Gene Upshaw was drafted by the Raiders specifically in response to Buck Buchanan. Buck was a behemoth athlete, and couldn't be handled by just anyone, so Al Davis drafted Upshaw as a specific strategy (and maybe Shell, too).

So...our division has Phillip Rivers, who as we all know is the greatest quarterback to never appear in the playoffs, and the Raiders added Carson Palmer, an injury shy formerly talented quarterback, and the Broncos added the Ghost of Peyton Manning, plus or minus a few vertebrae.

Could the drafting of Dontari Poe be a specific countermeasure to a strong quarterback division? Granted, we were desperate for a nose tackle to begin with, but having a guy who can push the pocket backwards would be very valuable when you have two dyanamos like Hali and Houston coming in from outside.

This assumes that Poe plays on passing downs, I guess. I have no idea on that. But it makes for a nice theory.

SAUTO
05-02-2012, 05:35 PM
And even with those facts, Freeman is still better. He completes passes at a higher rate, he throws for more yards.

IMO at this point ,Ill use a htis here, one has shown he's cat shit against good competition and one has shown he's dog shit.

But against a good schedule they have both been shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
05-02-2012, 06:49 PM

Rich Gannon was nothing more than a game manager that season, but GrBac played as shitty a game as we had seen him play when he was inserted back into the lineup in that last game against the Saints.

That decision might have actually derailed his career, because before that he did look like a good QB, and he never looked the same again.

As for the Cassel vs. Freeman argument, the fact that is completely overlooked is that Cassel had 3 years of NFL coaching before he got his first start, and his mechanics and ability to read defenses were shit, which is why Josh McDumbass went to far more spread sets than he had used before as the season progressed in '08.

Almost everyone viewed Freeman as a talented but highly raw QB coming out of school, and considered him a project.

Those kinds of QB are usually developed from the bench in at least their first season, but as something of a project, inconsistency for the first 2 or 3 years should be expected.

This should be his make or break year, though.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 06:51 PM
So...our division has Phillip Rivers, who as we all know is the greatest quarterback to never appear in the playoffs

What? He has like 3 or 4 playoff wins. Played in an AFCC.

Philip Rivers > all Chiefs QBs since Dawson.

htismaqe
05-02-2012, 07:29 PM
Truth...try it sometime.

I've said over and over that I'd cap it as a second rounder to move up...but that we could move to 6 for a third and 11.

Who the **** ever said 8th and a third?

It's called conjecture. I wasn't attributing any specific draft pick compensation to you - I was using placeholders FOR THE SAKE OF ARGUMENT. The comment about the #8 and a 3rd rounder was a DIRECT response to someone else - I even quoted them.

JFC on a moped. Exhale Randy Savage.

Brando
05-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Dammit Carl :banghead:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

htismaqe
05-02-2012, 07:33 PM
The stats don't account for the fact that Grbac was rusty coming off injury. Gannon was working and should not have been replaced. The fact their numbers are so similar that to say Grbac should have been inserted in another Marty mistake. Marty doesn't have his playoff record without reason.

How bad was Grbac in the playoff game then?

Oh that's right, he wasn't bad at all. He was 24-37 for 260 yards a TD and zero INTs. In fact, he was the ONLY bright spot on offense that day. The running game was SHIT.

We lost that game because the defense couldn't stop Terrell Davis and Tony Gonzales got called for a phantom PI.

Revisionist history.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 07:44 PM
How bad was Grbac in the playoff game then?

Oh that's right, he wasn't bad at all. He was 24-37 for 260 yards a TD and zero INTs. In fact, he was the ONLY bright spot on offense that day. The running game was SHIT.

We lost that game because the defense couldn't stop Terrell Davis and Tony Gonzales got called for a phantom PI.

Revisionist history.

This.

However, there is an argument to be made that Gannon wouldn't have choked at the end.

htismaqe
05-02-2012, 07:48 PM
This.

However, there is an argument to be made that Gannon wouldn't have choked at the end.

There's an argument to be made that we would have gotten shut out with Gannon at the helm. He couldn't press the ball downfield at all and when the running game wasn't on that was a recipe for disaster.

Hammock Parties
05-02-2012, 08:01 PM
He couldn't press the ball downfield at all and when the running game wasn't on that was a recipe for disaster.

This isn't true.

See the 49ers game that year.

He also averaged more YPA than Grbac.

BigMeatballDave
05-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Not sure why you guys are slobbering over Grbac.

The Chiefs won 5 straight going into the final game where Grbac was complete ass.

Marty made a mistake not starting Gannon. Period.

BossChief
05-02-2012, 08:22 PM
A can't believe anybody argues FOR Grbac.

OnTheWarpath15
05-02-2012, 08:24 PM

I can't believe anyone is arguing for either of them.

Rain Man
05-02-2012, 10:19 PM
What? He has like 3 or 4 playoff wins. Played in an AFCC.

Philip Rivers > all Chiefs QBs since Dawson.

Admittedly, my research on the topic was scant before I posted.

htismaqe
05-03-2012, 07:24 AM

Of course, that's NOT AT ALL what I said.

Arguing AGAINST Gannon <> arguing FOR Grbac.

For someone who throws 4-year old temper tantrums about people being "intellectually dishonest" you shouldn't be so quick to put words in people's mouth.

You are the biggest fucking baby on this board, bar none.

Chiefnj2
05-03-2012, 07:27 AM
This.

IIRC there were a series of errors by Ted Popson who didn't get out of bounds on 2 occasions during the 2 minute drill.

madmike
05-03-2012, 07:30 AM
I really like the Cyrus Gray pick in the 6th round that was a great value pick, I think gray could be a better version of mccluster for us.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 07:35 AM

Um, no. That would be Laz.

That is fairly common knowledge:)

Thig Lyfe
05-03-2012, 08:59 AM
Matt Cassel sucks.

htismaqe
05-03-2012, 09:04 AM
Matt Cassel sucks.

So do you. :p

CrazyHorse
05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
I can't believe anyone is arguing for either of them.

Says the guy arguing for Sanchez over Cassel. Niether one of those guys could hold Grbac or Gannons jock. What ever that's worth.

Thig Lyfe
05-03-2012, 09:16 AM
So do you. :p

http://i.imgur.com/lJHNP.gif

The Franchise
05-03-2012, 09:34 AM

For someone who throws 4-year old temper tantrums about people being "intellectually dishonest" you shouldn't be so quick to put words in people's mouth.

Fucking truth.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Romeo is mediocre. He's not terrible.

Like all mediocre head coaches, if you give him a franchise QB to work with, he can appear to be a great coach when he's really not.

Still waiting...:shake:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Matt Cassel sucks.

The only upside to missing a season is that I did not have to watch Matt Cassel.

SuperChief
05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lJHNP.gif

Fucking Jimmy.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Romeo is mediocre. He's not terrible.

Like all mediocre head coaches, if you give him a franchise QB to work with, he can appear to be a great coach when he's really not.

Tony Dungy

SuperChief
05-03-2012, 10:48 AM
You are the biggest ****ing baby on this board, bar none.

Are you blind, or do you just have GoatCheese on iggy?

-King-
05-03-2012, 10:56 AM

ROFL Ouch
Posted via Mobile Device

Thig Lyfe
05-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Are you blind, or do you just have GoatCheese on iggy?

Goat cheese is actually fucking delicious, BTW FYI.

OnTheWarpath15
05-03-2012, 11:05 AM

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1014/1330432714_94d31e02cf.jpg

qabbaan
05-03-2012, 11:26 AM
As less-than-scintillating at the TJax pick has turned out to be, Pioli has to get credit for not going with Aaron Curry - the consensus and safe pick for us at #3.

Good point.

royr17
05-03-2012, 11:31 AM
I really like the Cyrus Gray pick in the 6th round that was a great value pick, I think gray could be a better version of mccluster for us.

Dexter McCluster ? He reminds me more of a player in mold of Kevin Faulk.

saphojunkie
05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
The only way that I can see Cassel getting pulled is that he looks lost in TC, looks like complete shit in preseason and then comes out and completely shits the bed in the first 6 games of the season. And I mean 3 TDs to 10 INTs bad. He will have to actually LOSE us games based on how bad he is.

Other than that happening.....Cassel will play the entire season.

Cassel has not played a full season once. He will get injured yet again, and the world will finally see what, if anything, Brady Quinn can do when actually given a chance to play with legitimate offensive weapons.

Regardless of the outcome, history says that Cassel will not be starting 16 games for the KC Chiefs.

htismaqe
05-03-2012, 12:00 PM
Cassel has not played a full season once. He will get injured yet again, and the world will finally see what, if anything, Brady Quinn can do when actually given a chance to play with legitimate offensive weapons.

Regardless of the outcome, history says that Cassel will not be starting 16 games for the KC Chiefs.

Actually history suggests he'll start 15 games. 1 game really isn't a chance for anybody to show anything.

Quinn would have to throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs to win a job in one game.

saphojunkie
05-03-2012, 12:01 PM

It wasn't that he outplayed Grbac. It's that we were winning with Gannon, and we changed horses midstream. I agree - people need to remember the situation was the problem, not the difference in talent.

That said, Grbac visibly sucked and Gannon just didn't look as bad. Kind of like when Orton took over. While not actually a significantly better QB, he just was easier on the eyes.

saphojunkie
05-03-2012, 12:03 PM
Actually history suggests he'll start 15 games. 1 game really isn't a chance for anybody to show anything.

Quinn would have to throw for 300 yards and 4 TDs to win a job in one game.

He's done it before ! (once) :)

Sun 11/22 @DET

COMP -21 ATT -33 YDS -304 COMP% -63.6 TD -4 INT -0 RTG -133.1

saphojunkie
05-03-2012, 12:08 PM
I do as well.

I didn't want to tell anyone...

htismaqe
05-03-2012, 12:20 PM
It wasn't that he outplayed Grbac. It's that we were winning with Gannon, and we changed horses midstream. I agree - people need to remember the situation was the problem, not the difference in talent.

That said, Grbac visibly sucked and Gannon just didn't look as bad. Kind of like when Orton took over. While not actually a significantly better QB, he just was easier on the eyes.

They were winning with Grbac too. Everybody only remembers the last game.

Nobody remembers that, with Grbac at the helm, the team was arguably the BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL the first half of that season.

That team had one of the best defenses ever fielded in KC as far as takeaways, a defense that manufactured points as good as any in the history of football.

To argue that Gannon could have won that playoff game if he had played in place of Grbac is 100% revisionist history.

BossChief
05-03-2012, 06:15 PM

Haha

ok

You make two posts saying that I made claims that I never once made and when I call you on your bullshit you backpeddal and act like you didn't make the claims about me (even though you directly quoted me and made your claim) then you have the nerve to try to turn things around as if I put ANY words in your mouth.

If you don't want to have people call you intellectually dishonest, don't be.

It's that simple.

BigMeatballDave
05-03-2012, 08:35 PM

Nobody remembers that, with Grbac at the helm, the team was arguably the BEST TEAM IN FOOTBALL the first half of that season.

That team had one of the best defenses ever fielded in KC as far as takeaways, a defense that manufactured points as good as any in the history of football.

To argue that Gannon could have won that playoff game if he had played in place of Grbac is 100% revisionist history.

Winning 5 straight going into that final game is the kicker.

You dont change dicks in midstream.

Titty Meat
05-04-2012, 02:07 PM
"I've seen teams change QB and it's been a disaster"

Yup Scott Pioli deserves credit.

Thig Lyfe
05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Matt Cassel sucks

whoman69
05-09-2012, 06:18 PM
Matt Cassel sucks

You're going to have to back up such a baseless accusation.

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-14-2012, 10:22 AM
"I've seen teams change QB and it's been a disaster"

Yup Scott Pioli deserves credit.

He really said this? Of course he did. I thought our drafts were supposed to get better and better. Mmm...yeah.

Thig Lyfe
05-14-2012, 10:25 AM
I read somewhere that he deserves POOPS, not props.

BossChief
05-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Pioli gets a franchise quarterback in the 5th round and people still bitch.
:evil:

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-14-2012, 10:30 AM
Pioli gets a franchise quarterback in the 5th round and people still bitch.
:evil:

Start the fool. Please. Shat Crapple makes my bowels ache.

Fish
05-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Start the fool. Please. Shat Crapple makes my bowels ache.

I... uhhh..... that's... ummmm....

I got nothing...

BossChief
05-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Anybody bring RIOT gear?

saphojunkie
05-14-2012, 10:56 AM

The quote isn't "don't change horses in midstream....UNLESS you're getting onto a horse you rode for a long time before this current horse!"

You just don't change horses midstream. It's like pulling a pitcher during a shutout. Who cares if you're replacing him with a Cy Young winner? The guy is succeeding. Why mess with it?

Sweet Daddy Hate
05-15-2012, 03:19 PM
See, if your current horse is glue factory-fodder, then changing to a new horse, even in the middle of the race, is a wise descision.