PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Thoughts on Preseason Game #2

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 12:24 AM
Dane's an asshole. He makes it difficult to hang here. I got to think there are better things to do then listen to some nuttless squirrel try to make his mark on a chief’s message board.

Then leave.

But I'm sure you're both right: Jon Baldwin deserves three full years to prove that he belongs in the NFL.

Rasputin
08-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Shit for brains?

LMAO

You are abolutely clueless about the game of football and prove with each subsequent post.

Good job.

Ditto for you bud. You don't know any more shit than the rest of us but you like to talk a big game.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Then leave.

But I'm sure you're both right: Jon Baldwin deserves three full years to prove that he belongs in the NFL.

By mid season, he will be the talk of the town.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 12:28 AM
Ditto for you bud. You don't know any more shit than the rest of us but you like to talk a big game.

LMAO

Really. That is fucking rich.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:28 AM

:popcorn:

(this will not end well)

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 12:29 AM
By mid season, he will be the talk of the town.

Who, Baldwin? Let's hope so. He hasn't shown dick yet.

mcaj22
08-19-2012, 12:32 AM
This. Some guys just need the feel of being part of the offense. When they don't get fed the ball makes it harder for them to consentrate when they do get the ball. I'm not saying this is the case tonight, no excuse for Baldwin to fumble it, but got to go back to him just to help with his confedence & be abel to redeem himself. Got to feed the playmakers the ball. Dwayne Bowe is the same way got to keep them from feeling left out there on an island by themselves. That is the life of a WR. That also what you want is a guy who can progress during the game and get it rolling. I think that is on the QB to help guys build that confidence in them. Should have gone right back too him for that opportunity.

This is awful logic when the team is built the way it is. You cant have guys like Baldwin get upset when they dont "get theirs." We dont have Aaron Rodgers that can distribute it to 4 or 5 WRs at any given time. That is why the pick is basically not what fits the current team. You need players like Breaston that can compliment Bowe. Not guys like Baldwin and McCluster that expect to get their touches over better talent like Charles, Hillis, etc in the run game.

Rasputin
08-19-2012, 12:34 AM
:popcorn:

(this will not end well)

Well for some reason he decides to pick on me tonight. He will call me names and and say how stupid I am. Then on another night he will be lurking for his next victim just waiting to pounce it's what he does. Like I said he is a big tough internet bully.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh54/Jagutopia/bully_demonise1.jpg

Dane McCloud

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:36 AM
Who, Baldwin? Let's hope so. He hasn't shown dick yet.

I dont think he is ready to go against the leagues #1 corners quite yet, but that he can beat #2 corners enough to be productive.

Once Bowe gets back into the lineup and other teams dont look at Baldwin as a focal point, he will be able to get some man up looks on guys that are 5-6 inches shorter than him, arent as fast and arent even close to as athletic.

Ill keep saying this...if Baldwin didnt break his hand in a locker room fight with Jones (who has had that problem almost everywhere he has played) he would have probably takenn our offense to another level last year and I think the same holds true this year for the kid.

If Cassel can continue to develop and improve...the skill position players on this team can begin to flourish at some point THIS YEAR.

Is it just me, or does it seem plausible that "the game has slowed down" for Matt Cassel?

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 12:39 AM
I dont think he is ready to go against the leagues #1 corners quite yet, but that he can beat #2 corners enough to be

We'll see. So far, he hasn't given me any reason to believe he's as good as Breaston, let alone be a #1.

ChiefsCountry
08-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Tonight's game was basically a team that came in way over confident against a team that had a major chip on its shoulder from last week's blowout. Chiefs thought they would walk in to St. Louis and roll the Rams like they did Arizona last week. Rams came out and knocked us in the mouth right off the bat and they didn't react until the second quarter. Starters started to get in the flow and by halftime they were playing pretty well. Regular season we probably turn it on in the second half and cruise to victory. Cassel played well for just dinking it down the field most of the night. I swear he is like somebody who has sports cars in the garage but drives around on the bicycle in the yard because its safer. Oh well, its nice to see him play well now for the idiots like Pioli and Pawnmower to yap it up now until we meet a legit playoff team and he shits himself. Life of a Chief fan. Stanzi played tonight like Cassel did against the Ravens. Holy shit, he fucked himself. Oh well, 5th round picks don't win Super Bowls so no biggie in the scheme of things. Rams played like they wanted it more tonight, thats pretty much the bottom line tonight. Atlanta game can't come soon enough.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Well for some reason he decides to pick on me tonight. He will call me names and and say how stupid I am. Then on another night he will be lurking for his next victim just waiting to pounce it's what he does. Like I said he is a big tough internet bully.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh54/Jagutopia/bully_demonise1.jpg

Dane McCloud

Dane provides a valuable service/presence to this community.

You may not always agree with him, but he isn't some dumbass loudmouth.

Dude knows more about this team than most here and isnt afraid to voice his opinion as loud as he wants.

FYI if you keep it cival with him and ask for his reasoning on his opinions, he will usually offer them up and more times than not, they might just change your own opinion.

But, if you chose to go down the road of "poking the bear with a stick" dont be shocked when you get a bear claw across the mouth...and one that doesnt have apple filling.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 12:42 AM
Is it just me, or does it seem plausible that "the game has slowed down" for Matt Cassel?

I don't think we'll know where Cassel is until five or six games ino the regular season. The early returns look promising but that could change quickly.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:44 AM
We'll see. So far, he hasn't given me any reason to believe he's as good as Breaston, let alone be a #1.

WTF has happened to Breaston this offseason?

Dude fell the fuck off.

DMC is above him on the depth chart.

What gives?

ChiefsCountry
08-19-2012, 12:45 AM

Dude fell the **** off.

What gives?

Cassel is a worthless piece of shit.

xztop12
08-19-2012, 12:46 AM
Cassell DJ/tamba and charles were the only players we had

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 12:47 AM

Dude fell the fuck off.

What gives?

Who knows? My gut tells me that Daboll is so confident in his ability that he's "testing" McCluster in an attempt to find a role for him in this offense.

But that is pure speculation on my part.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:48 AM
Cassel is a worthless piece of shit.

He may be a worthless piece of shit, but unfortunately he is the best piece of shit we have for 2012.

Maybe Daboll is to Cassel as Harbaugh is to Alex Smith.

I dont think its out of the realm of possibility to think this team can have a similar type of year as last years 49ers had if thats the case.

Rasputin
08-19-2012, 12:50 AM
This is awful logic when the team is built the way it is. You cant have guys like Baldwin get upset when they dont "get theirs." We dont have Aaron Rodgers that can distribute it to 4 or 5 WRs at any given time. That is why the pick is basically not what fits the current team. You need players like Breaston that can compliment Bowe. Not guys like Baldwin and McCluster that expect to get their touches over better talent like Charles, Hillis, etc in the run game.

Then I would say that falls on the QB for not being good like Aaron Rogers lol.

I'd say your right, but I like to watch guys get "theirs" just to prove that they can be productive when they get it. If not then they are worthless to the team other than the big body for blocking is a big plus for Baldwin.

Any one notice McCluster trying to throw a block on a LB when we were down at the goal line? It was good effort, it was kind of funny, not a great block but he seemed to make the guy turn away from the ball carrier.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:51 AM
One thing is absolutely certain.

This team needs it veterans and young veterans to step up this year ACROSS THE BOARD and this game should have been a HUGE wake up call to show how much more work they need to do if they want to be able to step up and play with the big boys.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 12:52 AM

Dude fell the fuck off.

What gives?

Breaston is fine, dude.

You know what the problem is.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Love the people that are all up on Cassel's bag. He's like a con man. He has this style that leaves a box score making him look like a pro bowl QB, but its like he makes plays with absolutely no regard to what impact it has on the teams actual chances of winning. He's whoring QB rating at the expense of an offense that can actually compete with playoff caliber teams. Need 9 yards for the first down? Box score says Matty completed it (for 7). Down by 14? Matty went on a 12-14 streak (for a FG and the team lost by 18).

Buckle your seatbelts football fans. Matty is gonna take us on another Pro Bowl season ride. Yes, we'll get embarrassed by the true competitors of the league, but we may fall assbackwards into the playoffs by winning the worst division in the NFL. And boy oh boy, look at Matty's stat line.

Brilliant post.

This is why I am fucking obsessed with nitpicking every mistake he makes.

Chiefs Nation needs to hear it so every time he fucks up, they have a mental library of what a shithead he is.

Bravo, sir. You are fighting the good fight.

Rasputin
08-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Dane provides a valuable service/presence to this community.

You may not always agree with him, but he isn't some dumbass loudmouth.

Dude knows more about this team than most here and isnt afraid to voice his opinion as loud as he wants.

FYI if you keep it cival with him and ask for his reasoning on his opinions, he will usually offer them up and more times than not, they might just change your own opinion.

But, if you chose to go down the road of "poking the bear with a stick" dont be shocked when you get a bear claw across the mouth...and one that doesnt have apple filling.

I've seen Dane Mcclouds takes. Some I agree with some I don't, if he don't agree he lashes out that is his problem. I'm not going back down from him. However I'd much rather have a peaceful conversation with him as I'm not one going around picking fights talking Chiefs football amongst friends.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 12:56 AM
Dexter is a classic OVERACHIEVER, dude.

850 offensive yards for a 165 pounder is a lot.

We are going to come to internet blows over this.

He hasn't done shit for a #36 and you know it.

So far he's king of the 5-yard dumpoff completion this preseason.

Exciting motherfucking player for sure.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 12:58 AM
Dexter McCluster is kicking big time ass out there and is arguably our best receiver

He had 3 catches for 23 yards because he is a useless bastard who can't get open past 10 yards (unless the coverage is completely blown via play action like last week)

Honestly dude, go fuck yourself until you wake up about DMC.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:01 AM

Look at the second round of the 2010 draft and show us the more productive players from that round.

It's hard to argue against him being in the top five from that round/class.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:01 AM

Are you fucking trolling or something? LMAO

He's just going out there doing what he's ALWAYS done: dumping the fucking ball off and letting other players be the playmakers.

I saw one fucking throw tonight that was impressive, that sideline route to Boss.

The rest of the shit was horrid.

Couldn't even give Baldwin a chance to go get the ball on that deep throw before halftime. Not even a CHANCE.

He sucks and will be the death of this fraudulent regime, and I am so looking forward to it.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:05 AM
Look at the second round of the 2010 draft and show us the more productive players from that round.

It's hard to argue against him being in the top five from that round/class.

I've rehashed this several times already. He was a horrible pick. We could have had Rob Gronkowski, Nate Allen, TJ Ward, Koa Misi, Lamarr Houston, Toby Gerhart, Carlos Dunlap or Brandon Spikes.

All those guys are much better players than DMC at this point, and I'd still argue that Arellious Benn and Golden Tate will be far better wide receivers, since they can actually do stuff down the field.

Dex is a #4 WR who catches dumpoff passes. He's a fucking worthless dreadlocked hobbit, and I don't give a shit about his bullshit stats from last season.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 01:05 AM

Make me a list of all of the players in NFL HISTORY that have gained 850 yards worth of offense in a year while being 165 pounds.

Now, dance.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Make me a list of all of the players in NFL HISTORY that have gained 850 yards worth of offense in a year while being 165 pounds.

Now, dance.

I don't give a shit. He's not a fucking RB.

He's a worthless midget WR who averaged 7 yards a catch last night. ROFL

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Why do people rehash mistakes from yrs past?

Find something else to bitch about. You can't change it.

I swear this place will shut down if the Chiefs ever win a SB.

Wtf will everyone complain about?

BossChief
08-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Are you fucking trolling or something? LMAO

He's just going out there doing what he's ALWAYS done: dumping the fucking ball off and letting other players be the playmakers.

I saw one fucking throw tonight that was impressive, that sideline route to Boss.

The rest of the shit was horrid.

Couldn't even give Baldwin a chance to go get the ball on that deep throw before halftime. Not even a CHANCE.

He sucks and will be the death of this fraudulent regime, and I am so looking
forward to it.

My hatred for Cassel is well documented on here and the coalition (when I posted there) as I hated the idea of making a move for him since months before it was indeed done.

That doesn't mean I'm gonna ignore obvious signs of improvement in the guys game.

His arm is visably stronger
His accuracy is noticeably better
He still needs more improvement, but his poise is better than I can remember it. He seems to keep his eyes on the receivers more than in years past...but that doesn't mean he didn't stare at the rush a couple times.
Somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 of his passes were intermediate throws that were on the money.

I don't expect the guy to become Aaron Rogers...but I do expect him to continue to improve because he is billed as a guy with a really good work ethic.

I was a fan of Haley and hate Cassel...doesn't mean I will ignore his improvement just to try and appear "right"

There very well could be truth to the reports that Haley just didn't "click" with Cassel and Daboll does.

For this team to have a chance at a real run, that MUST be true.

Like I said...hopefully, Daboll is to Cassel what Harbaugh was to Alex Smith.

Bewbies
08-19-2012, 01:16 AM
If you're going to make an excuse for Baldwin use the dipshit in my avatar. He is also the reason people think Bowe isn't a top 5-6 WR in the league.

Fuck its an easy argument to make and actually has merit unlike him needing 3 yrs...

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:18 AM
LMAO

The dude was the checkdown king. He made two throws down the field all night, dude.

And he overthrew a deep ball to Baldwin, giving him no chance to catch it.

It was classic Cassel.

What are you smoking?

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:22 AM
I've rehashed this several times already. He was a horrible pick. We could have had Rob Gronkowski, Nate Allen, TJ Ward, Koa Misi, Lamarr Houston, Toby Gerhart, Carlos Dunlap or Brandon Spikes.

What? You can't be serious, can you?

I'll obviously give you Gronk, which is a no brainer. But no fucking way on Gerhart, Dunlap or Spikes. Misi had a fine rookie season but fell of big time last year.

All those guys are much better players than DMC at this point, and I'd still argue that Arellious Benn and Golden Tate will be far better wide receivers, since they can actually do stuff down the field.

No, they're NOT better to this point. Benn and Tate have both seriously underperformed and with better QB's, I might add.

You lose this round.

TinyEvel
08-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Ya know, if you rule out the first five minutes, it was an evenly-matched game. /homer

Chiefs=Champions
08-19-2012, 01:23 AM
My man Baldwin getting shit for a fumble is laughable. Shit happens if he does it more than once THEN worry about it. Also him not getting targets is Matts fault. He was open and in single coverage, Matt has to get him the damn ball..

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:23 AM
Why do people rehash mistakes from yrs past?

Find something else to bitch about. You can't change it.

I swear this place will shut down if the Chiefs ever win a SB.

Wtf will everyone complain about?

Not repeating

TinyEvel
08-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Clay, your two issues with the team cancel each other out:

1) Cassel can't throw a long ball
2) McCluster can't run well out of the backfield but has some speed.

SOLUTION: MCCluster the slot receiver to catch the check-downs.

Advantage: Pioli

BossChief
08-19-2012, 01:24 AM
I don't give a shit. He's not a fucking RB.

He's a worthless midget WR who averaged 7 yards a catch last night. ROFL

No, he is a guy that has looked like our best receiver so far in 2012 and last year as a rb he averaged 4.5 yards per carry.

If I were you, I would look at what Daboll did with Reggie Bush and how DMC has improved under him (so far) and temper my hate for this player before he puts clown shoes on you.

Remember all the points I made last year about DMC with Orton as the qb?

If Cassel keeps throwing the ball on intermediate routes like he has been, thats gonna open up the area DMC and the TEs work in.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:25 AM
My man Baldwin getting shit for a fumble is laughable. Shit happens if he does it more than once THEN worry about it. Also him not getting targets is Matts fault. He was open and in single coverage, Matt has to get him the damn ball..

I am really anxious to see what Baldwin can do once the ball's in his hands. I'll most certainly give him a pass tonight but I'd like to see him make that catch in the future.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:26 AM
Short bullshit below:

(13:02) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 81-T.Moeaki to KC 21 for 1 yard (31-C.Finnegan).

(12:30) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 89-J.Baldwin to KC 28 for 7 yards (21-J.Jenkins).

(7:45) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 25-J.Charles to KC 29 for 11 yards (31-C.Finnegan).

(6:57) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 22-D.McCluster to KC 34 for 5 yards (43-C.Dahl; 21-J.Jenkins).

(6:13) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 22-D.McCluster to KC 41 for 7 yards (21-J.Jenkins).

(5:28) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 25-J.Charles to KC 48 for 7 yards (90-M.Brockers).

Good throws:

(:28) 7-M.Cassel pass short right to 80-K.Boss to KC 37 for 17 yards (43-C.Dahl) [55-J.Laurinaitis].

(13:55) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 80-K.Boss to STL 40 for 17 yards (58-J.Dunbar).

(13:19) 7-M.Cassel pass deep right to 85-J.O'Connell to STL 21 for 19 yards (27-Q.Mikell).

Back to the bullshit:

(12:33) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 22-D.McCluster to STL 10 for 11 yards (21-J.Jenkins).

(1:10) (Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short left to 32O-S.Draughn to KC 32 for 12 yards (25-J.Gordy).

(1:10) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 7-M.Cassel pass short middle to 80-K.Boss to KC 40 for 8 yards (43-C.Dahl).

OK, I was wrong. He made 3 throws that weren't short-ass bullshit garden variety crap.

DUDE IS SO FUCKING AWESOME!

Wake up.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Clay, your two issues with the team cancel each other out:

1) Cassel can't throw a long ball
2) McCluster can't run well out of the backfield but has some speed.

SOLUTION: MCCluster the slot receiver to catch the check-downs.

Advantage: Pioli

Yeah, let's pull Steve Breaston, a 1,000-yard wide receiver, off the field, in favor of a guy who is useless past 10 yards.

LMAO

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Short bullshit below:

Good throws:

Back to the bullshit:

OK, I was wrong. He made 3 throws that weren't short-ass bullshit garden variety crap.

DUDE IS SO ****ING AWESOME!

Wake up.
What was his yards per attempt?

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:29 AM
DUDE IS SO FUCKING AWESOME!

Wake up.

Which of those throws were for negative yardage?

Look, I'm not giving the guy a "pass" but he has looked sharper this preseason than in the past. It's proven that Haley couldn't game plan or call plays for dick and since we're stuck with Cassel this year, let's see how he performs with Daboll before blaming him for being alive.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:31 AM
What? You can't be serious, can you?

I'll obviously give you Gronk, which is a no brainer. But no fucking way on Gerhart, Dunlap or Spikes. Misi had a fine rookie season but fell of big time last year.

Toby Gerhart is an excellent complementary RB.

Carlos Dunlap has 14 sacks in two years and is a starter on a nasty defense.

Brandon Spikes is also a starting ILB.

Most of those players I listed are solid starters.

Dexter is a #4 WR, and fucking fail in comparison.

The Dexter pick continues to get worse and worse. #36 for a guy who catches dumpoffs and does nothing with them. LMAO

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Yeah, let's pull Steve Breaston, a 1,000-yard wide receiver, off the field, in favor of a guy who is useless past 10 yards.

LMAO

If this were the regular season, you might have a point. But since Steve Breaston is, by far, the most accomplished receiver on the roster at this point, giving other receivers a look isn't a bad idea.

Get a grip, Dude. While I think it matters to a degree, it's still preseason and the Chiefs do have a new OC.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:32 AM
What was his yards per attempt?

What was his TD-to-INT ratio?

/Casselhomers

His OL sucks, though.

/Casselhomers

I blame Haley

/Casselhomers.

Dude is the checkdown king.

TinyEvel
08-19-2012, 01:32 AM
Clay is only 250 Lbs and a gallon of spray tan away from being Jwhit.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:33 AM
Look, I'm not giving the guy a "pass" but he has looked sharper this preseason than in the past.

I disagree entirely.

He's just doing the same thing he did in the last preseason game last year: execute his con artist scheme to perfection.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:34 AM
Toby Gerhart is an excellent complementary RB.

So, you'd rather the Chiefs spend the #36 overall on Gerhart instead of getting Hillis on the cheap in FA?

Carlos Dunlap has 14 sacks in two years and is a starter on a nasty defense.

And Houston was a better bargain with just as much upside.

Brandon Spikes is also a starting ILB.

With the same pass coverage ability as Belcher.

Most of those players I listed are solid starters.

They aren't a better fit for the Chiefs. To say that McCluster hasn't been solid, especially when he's had 3 TD's from receiving and rushing and more than 1,000 yards combined, is ludicrous.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2012, 01:35 AM
What was his TD-to-INT ratio?

/Casselhomers

His OL sucks, though.

/Casselhomers

I blame Haley

/Casselhomers.

Dude is the checkdown king.

Lol I was just wondering...

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:37 AM
What's ludicrous is defending McCluster at all.

He's a shitty #4 WR.

Yeah, that's better than an actual playmaker like Toby Gerhart...or a pretty nice pass rusher like Carlos Dunlap...or a beast TE like Gronkowski.

To say those players are worse than a guy who averaged 7 yards a catch tonight is hilarious. To bring up his pathetic rushing stats in defense of him is even more hilarious.

The McCluster pick just gets worse and worse. And yet people on this board think he's our best receiver. WHAT?

He'll probably get 10 snaps a game when Bowe is back.

TOTALLY WORTH THAT PICK NOW, HUH?

BossChief
08-19-2012, 01:40 AM
1) 6 passes that went for more than 10 yards in a half a game is improvement from Matt. I'll take that as an average from him for the year, if that's the case.

2) McCluster had more yards than Breaston last year. Also, I think it's funnyyou throw out that Dexter had 850 yards last year, but use Breastons 1 season he had 1006 yards as some arguing point. Dexters 850 are MORE yards than ANY YEAR Breaston had with exception of that one 1006 yard season.

So far, Daboll has Dexter above Breaston and before you try to claim it's because of some "Pioli is trying to save face for a bad pick herp"...realize that Pioli gave Breaston a mid level free agent deal with about 10 million in guarantees. Awfully silly to think he wouldnt want that guy to play because he is forcing Daboll to move DMC up the depth chart.

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2012, 01:40 AM
Please shut the fuck up about "The Dexter Pick" and #36.

Its been 2 yrs. Get the fuck over that.

If you dislike the player, fine. Argue that point.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:41 AM
What's ludicrous is defending McCluster at all.

He's a shitty #4 WR.

Yeah, that's better than an actual playmaker like Toby Gerhart...or a pretty nice pass rusher like Carlos Dunlap...or a beast TE like Gronkowski.

To say those players are worse than a guy who averaged 7 yards a catch tonight is hilarious. To bring up his pathetic rushing stats in defense of him is even more hilarious.

The McCluster pick just gets worse and worse. And yet people on this board think he's our best receiver. WHAT?

He'll probably get 10 snaps a game when Bowe is back.

TOTALLY WORTH THAT PICK NOW, HUH?

You're a fucking dumbass.

You're going to tell me that he wasn't a better selection than 27 other picks in Round Two of the 2010 draft? Seriously?

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:42 AM
1) 6 passes that went for more than 10 yards in a half a game is improvement from Matt. I'll take that as an average from him for the year, if that's the case.

What?

He didn't throw the ball past 10 yards.

The players who caught his shitty short throw did all the work.

Wake up.

2) McCluster had more yards than Breaston last year.

Yeah, OK. Fuck you. Dexter will get 10 snaps a game this year as the #4 WR. Watch.

So far, Daboll has Dexter above Breaston

So far, you're being incredibly ignorant. Steve Breaston started the fucking game tonight. He's the #2. So, you're wrong.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:43 AM
You're a fucking dumbass.

You're going to tell me that he wasn't a better selection than 27 other picks in Round Two of the 2010 draft? Seriously?

I've already identified at least 5 players (closer to 10) who offer a lot more value.

It's not hard to offer more value than a #4 WR who lacks playmaking ability, let's be honest.

It's not hard at all.

Dex was a horrible pick that the highest paid GM in football fucked up hard on.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Please shut the fuck up about "The Dexter Pick" and #36.

Its been 2 yrs. Get the fuck over that.

If you dislike the player, fine. Argue that point.

What's ridiculous is that he's acting like McCluster is Junior Siavii or Kris Wilson or Eddie Freeman or Turk McBride or William Bartee.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:45 AM
What's ridiculous is that he's acting like McCluster is Junior Siavii or Kris Wilson or Eddie Freeman or Turk McBride or William Bartee.

He's EXACTLY like those players.

He's a shitty #4 WR who catches dumpoffs and little 5-yard outs.

He's nothing special whatsoever.

Tonight proved it.

Chiefs=Champions
08-19-2012, 01:45 AM
I am really anxious to see what Baldwin can do once the ball's in his hands. I'll most certainly give him a pass tonight but I'd like to see him make that catch in the future.

Sure. But when u only get two targets and one is a shitty low percentage pass at the end of the half, i think its unfair to dog him. Hell get his time to shine and i think hell take it. Its a pitty however that the best part of his gsme is being a deep threat and we have a qb who struggles to pass past 15 yards..

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:46 AM
I've already identified at least 5 players (closer to 10) who offer a lot more value.

It's not hard to offer more value than a #4 WR who lacks playmaking ability, let's be honest.

It's not hard at all.

Dex was a horrible pick that the highest paid GM in football fucked up hard on.

Bullshit.

How many games did Dunlap win on his own? How many games did Misi win on his own? How many games has Gerhart won on his own?

Without McCluster, this team would have been sitting home in the playoffs his rookie season. Add that to his contributions at any position he's been asked to play, and I'd say he's been a pretty integral part of the Chiefs the past two seasons. And I expect that role to grow this year.

Chill with the histrionics, Dude.

Fat Elvis
08-19-2012, 01:47 AM
Sure. But when u only get two targets and one is a shitty low percentage pass at the end of the half, i think its unfair to dog him. Hell get his time to shine and i think hell take it. Its a pitty however that the best part of his gsme is being a deep threat and we have a qb who struggles to pass past 15 yards..

Try 1.5 yards...you give Cassel too much credit.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:49 AM
You expect his role to grow?

As the #4 WR?

In a run-first offense?

Dane, come on man.

You know how many catches the #4 WR is worth in a Matt Cassel/Brian Daboll offense?

About 15, maybe 20.

Go look it up. Look up the history of #4 wide receivers in Matt Cassel offenses.

THEY DON'T DO SHIT.

And since Dex is a worthless receiver who has zero ability past 10 yards (unless he's open by 10 yards, which isn't going to happen often), he'll do less than shit.

Chiefs=Champions
08-19-2012, 01:49 AM
He's EXACTLY like those players.

He's a shitty #4 WR who catches dumpoffs and little 5-yard outs.

He's nothing special whatsoever.

Tonight proved it.

Youre trying way too hard to put McCluster down. He like Baldwin can only take the chances given to him. Hes done that. Good for him.

Yes it was a shitty pick. Probs time to get over it.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:51 AM

I'll get over it when people stop defending the pick.

The dude isn't close to our best receiver. LMAO

BossChief
08-19-2012, 01:52 AM
This is an instance of Clay trying to grow as a poster by trying to stick to his guns and not flip flop and to a degree, I can respect that.

The thing is....Dexter is looking like a guy that will play A LOT more than he thinks and being he is quickly earning the trust of Cassel, will also get his share of passes thrown in his direction.

Like I've said a few times before, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see DMC gain MORE yards this year with LESS touches.

The guy is very quick in and out of his cuts and now runs routes that are very detail oriented.

It's gonna be hard for linebackers to cover him one on one when we shift and motion him around to FORCE teams into those situations.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 01:54 AM
Youre trying way too hard to put McCluster down. He like Baldwin can only take the chances given to him. Hes done that. Good for him.

:thumb:

He's only a shitty pick if you compare him to Gronk. Any of other positions that Clay listed weren't positions of need.

Misi wasn't going to replace Belcher. Dunlap is a 4-3 guy. Benn is garbage. So on and so forth.

crazycoffey
08-19-2012, 01:57 AM
All in all I think this was a good reality check after last week. I don't think our defense is as bad as it looked at the beginning of the game however after last week maybe they thought they could just walk out there and the Rams would fold.

Baldwin disappointed me with the fumble.

Defense got shredded on the opening drive

I'll cut the defense a little slack on the 2nd drive since the Rams did have a short field

JC looked very good
Hilis looked very good
Boss looked very good
Cassel looked very good

Bannon looked like ass
Stanzi looked like ass
The Refs looked like ass

Jc and hillis are good. Line, not horrible. Watched the game live and Baldwin was wide open down the field multiple times. Cashole didn't even try once. I am saying helen Keller would have better vision. I just decided to get completely off the casshole bandwagon. Not that I had more than a foot before....

Quinn has the best arm. That may be all I need to get on his bandwagon. But I'd like to see him with the starters.

Stanzi isn't ready to be a starter. Sorry. I saw glimpses of damon huard fetal flaws.

The announcer at the dome sounded like norm mcdonald.

Poe has a long way to go.

Flowers, I hope your just being precautious. Or heal fast.

Boss over moeaki. Heard it here first.

Can we ever learn to cover a fucking tight end? Ever?

Fisher had the rams better prepared than RC had the chiefs prepared.

Deboll gets too cute with playcalling when things start to go bad. Mixed feelings.

Dustin will punt his way to our MVP again.

Replacement refs blow.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Also, Dexter is solidifying his place on this team as the slot receiver with every catch...might as well stop calling him a #4 receiver at this point...until, you know, he actually is one.

Shit, there were more than a few plays tonight where he was lined up out wide.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 01:58 AM
The thing is....Dexter is looking like a guy that will play A LOT more than he thinks

Based on what?

He is not the #3 when Bowe returns.

He is the #4.

Dunno why it's so hard for people to see this.

As for me sticking to my guns, if all Dex continues to do is catch dumpoffs, well, shit, I win this whole argument.

Chiefs=Champions
08-19-2012, 01:59 AM
I'll get over it when people stop defending the pick.

The dude isn't close to our best receiver. LMAO

WHO FUCKING CARES WHAT SOME IDIOTS THINK!? Most of the time its people just defending him and not the pick anyway. But you insist upon ruining thread after thread berating the guy.

Honestly you give a lot to this site, but fuck it gets annoying.

crazycoffey
08-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Oh and mccluster is the least of our worries on offense

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 02:01 AM
Based on what?

He is the #4.

As for me sticking to my guns, if all Dex continues to do is catch dumpoffs, well, shit, I win this whole argument.

It's all about the defensive matchups.

There will be some teams in which Breaston matches up better and some teams in which McCluster will match up better.

It's a good problem to have.

Chiefs=Champions

He's only a shitty pick if you compare him to Gronk. Any of other positions that Clay listed weren't positions of need.

Misi wasn't going to replace Belcher. Dunlap is a 4-3 guy. Benn is garbage. So on and so forth.

A very valid argument.

TimeForWasp
What in the hell is NFL.com thinking? That gay ass Irishman with the blue suit?

Hammock Parties
WHO FUCKING CARES WHAT SOME IDIOTS THINK!?

I do.

It pains me to see people supporting worthless players like Dexter and Matt.

Chiefs=Champions
08-19-2012, 02:02 AM
BTW im of the opinion that Dex will have a good year. After all the looks hes been getting this preseason, the odds are in favor of him featuring a lot this year.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 02:03 AM
It's all about the defensive matchups.

There will be some teams in which Breaston matches up better and some teams in which McCluster will match up better.

Steve Breaston had 61 catches last year. We won games because of plays he made.

If we take him off the field for a guy who is worthless down the field....and this is one point even the Dexter homers can't argue, the dude IS worthless past 10 yards...Daboll is asinine.

Asinine.

Chiefs=Champions
08-19-2012, 02:05 AM
I do.

It pains me to see people supporting worthless players like Dexter and Matt.

Im going to walk away now, because i cant bare the thought of typing one more word (good or bad) about Dexter McCluster. The results will speak for themselves, well see...

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 02:05 AM
Daboll is asinine.

I'd prefer to wait until the regular season before making that determination.

crazycoffey
08-19-2012, 02:06 AM
Based on what?

He is the #4.

Mccluster may well lead the receivers in production. But only because casshole is blind and/or scared

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2012, 02:07 AM
Clay, I'm moving to Florida soon and I'm going to visit Dex' restaurant and post pics on here just to spite you.

LOL

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Mccluster may well lead the receivers in production. But only because casshole is blind and/or scared

Whoa. That would be awful.

If McCluster led the Chiefs in receiving yards, they're looking at a 1-15 or 2-14 season.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 02:08 AM
Breaston 2011 yards: 810
McClusters 2011 yards: 844 yards

And the trend continues into 2012.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 02:09 AM
Clay, I'm moving to Florida soon and I'm going to visit Dex' restaurant and post pics on here just to spite you.

Are you really? Cool man, congrats!

Somehow, I think you'll like it better than Ohio (plus, IIRC, you'll be close to your son).

Hammock Parties

LOL

Take a massive shit and clog one of the toilets.

I think this is a real possibility. And Dane is right, we'd suck in this case.

And then I could champion Dexter as the worst Chiefs player ever. :evil:

DaneMcCloud

Isn't that total yardage for McCluster and not just receiving yards?

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 02:10 AM

Pretty sure you're trolling with this post, because only a fucking idiot would compare RB yards to WR yards, especially when one player is no longer even a RB.

:facepalm:

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Okay, as "enlightening" as this has been, I'm off to bed.

'Night, All!

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 02:11 AM
Isn't that total yardage for McCluster and not just receiving yards?

Yeah. He had 328 yards receiving.

Mostly on BS dumpoffs.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 02:12 AM
Are you claiming that versatility is a hinderance and not a strength?

He averaged 4.5 yards per rush...not exactly poor performance.

crazycoffey
08-19-2012, 02:12 AM
well, now there is absolutely no question, this team is fucked if Cassel goes down.

cough spit ugh

I disagree. We'll be better with an injured matt and Brady's arm throwing deep at least three times a game.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 02:15 AM
Let me also say that when you have "bs dumpoff" options like Hillis, Charles and Dexter....I have no problem with Cassel checking down as long as he is throwing passes to the receivers and spreading the ball around.

He does that and those "bs dumpoffs" will be highly effective.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 02:16 AM
He averaged 4.5 yards per rush...not exactly poor performance.

It was poor enough that he's no longer a RB.

Game, set, match.

Now we get to see him fail as a WR. A position he already failed at as a rookie.

Rasputin
08-19-2012, 02:23 AM

Game, set, match.

Now we get to see him fail as a WR. A position he already failed at as a rookie.

Well he sure has the coaches fooled doesn't he? He is going have a bunch of LBs & DBs fooled too when he makes assclowns out of them. Yep Dex is going have the league fooled just how good he is, but not Clay that is for damn sure.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 02:26 AM

Game, set, match.

He isn't a running back because the team needed to replace Jones and Battle.

That added with the need to fill the slot receiver role and DMCs hard work towards earning that role have us where we currently are.

With DMC as the full time slot receiver...at least until if/when Wylie takes the job from him.

crazycoffey
08-19-2012, 02:31 AM
Were we really all that prepared, or were we playing a shitty Arizona team?

The starting D got gashed tonight.

We talked about this at the game. I agree the d got gashed, but I also don't think the d playcalling was anything more than vanilla either. No blitz packages. Just safe regular calls. Don't know if that was planned or if I missed something.

Agree Baldwin was open almost all night, stanzi sucks, poe was on the ground too many times, casshole plays too safe, team didn't seem prepared, and Kellen Clemens isn't much worse than casshole.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 02:34 AM
Well he sure has the coaches fooled doesn't he? He is going have a bunch of LBs & DBs fooled too when he makes assclowns out of them. Yep Dex is going have the league fooled just how good he is, but not Clay that is for damn sure.

Dex won't have 400 yards this year.

#4 WR = shit

BigMeatballDave
08-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Are you really? Cool man, congrats!

Somehow, I think you'll like it better than Ohio (plus, IIRC, you'll be close to your son).

Thanks, and yes, I'm moving to be closer to him.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Last thought before bed.

http://i.imgur.com/kdSU4.jpg

bevischief
08-19-2012, 03:41 AM
Positives:

Charles looked like he trusts the knee and that he hasnt lost his explosion, vision or strength in his runs. Definitely a good sign.

Cassel looked like he is trying to take the next step in his development (sad that at 30 that is even an issue) by trying to push the ball more on intermediate routes. His arm looks visibly stronger and his accuracy seems to have improved...as does his poise, albeit not by leaps and bounds.

Playcalling is much better on offense. I know, I know preseason blah blah...but the plays are in on time and most of the time have been effective.

Hillis looks to be ready for another 2010 year...dude reminds me of a more talented Mike Alstott...hopefully he continues to secure the ball and isnt careless with it in crucial situations like he was in 2010...if he does, our running backs will be in beast mode.

Jerrell Powe looks to be a guy that should probably get some sub package work and is probably deserving of more than that. He is seemingly disruptive on a lot of plays he is in for and if this team is gonna blitz more and use man coverage as much as they are, he can be an asset in a "Jay Ratliff" type role as a penetrating nose when we blitz.

Allen looked to be in beast mode and should be promoted immediately to starting left guard.

Dexter McCluster is kicking big time ass out there and is arguably our best receiver (until Bowe gets his back into the swing of things. He is getting consistent separation and is catching almost everything thrown his way. If he keeps it up, he will provide a valuable weapon to this offense.

Kevin Boss is looking like a stud pickup more and more aqnd should allow our offense to use he and Moeaki similarly to how Gronk/Hernandez get used in NE. Really good value signing.

Dontari Poe is already starting to flash, if you look close enough. He is splitting doubles and beating blocks regularly and had a couple pressures tonight. They need to put him at the3 nose and keep him there...LIKE THEY SAID THEY WERE GONNA DO.

The negatives:

Stanzi looked like hot garbage. No redeemable features were on display tonight. Just a poor showing.

Dorsey/Torbino/Jackson all looked like ass. Not sure what was up tonight with them, but they all looked soft.

The whole secondary...even Berry looked bad tonight and whats really bad is that the Rams have one of the weakest receiving cores in the league and we couldnt even slow them down.

Did I mention Stanzi?...biggest opportunity of his life to show something and he really played poorly.

Bailey...where the **** was he?

Albert has a rough game, too...gave up a couple pressures and a sack iirc. Its a shame...I figured he would be looking very impressive this time of the year in a contract year.

Baldwin...another of "my guys" that underachieved tonight...although I think a large part of that is because he is a guy you just need to throw a few passes a game to him and let him go get it and these guys arent doing that for the kid....they need to show some confidence in him by making it a point to do that.

I hope Romeo turns it up a couple notches in practice this week to get the starters some good work before next week...thats the game that these guys need to be almost ready to line up in a regular season game and if we look out of rythem...that will almost undoubtedly carryover into the regular season.

This team has a lot of work to do to start to realize their potential and if we dont get it going pretty fast, Clay is gonna end up looking like a genius at the end of the year.

I agree.

Rasputin
08-19-2012, 03:42 AM
We are going see the starters into the second have against Seattle & I think we are going have a much better outing then. The regular starters should be set to go & D Bowe show is back. I don't expect a lot out of him rest of the preseason just going be nice he is back with the team atcivities.

jspchief
08-19-2012, 03:52 AM
Let me also say that when you have "bs dumpoff" options like Hillis, Charles and Dexter....I have no problem with Cassel checking down as long as he is throwing passes to the receivers and spreading the ball around.

He does that and those "bs dumpoffs" will be highly effective.

This is true. The problems is, based on what we've seen from Cassel in his first 3 years, the short passing game is 95% of his game. It's not like he throws short when the defense is spread and goes deep when the D plays up. He just throws short high percentage passes almost exclusively. It stunts the entire offense.

As for McSpinmove, Clay won't have to worry about him for much longer. Every defense in the league is going to know that Matty Pro Bowl does nothing but throw short crossing patterns to him and its only a matter of time before a safety or LB finds Dex stretched out for an off target throw. He's going to get blown up.

DBOSHO
08-19-2012, 04:24 AM
On a semi sidenote, I love the whitr jerseys

lcarus
08-19-2012, 04:42 AM
I don't think we'll know where Cassel is until five or six games ino the regular season. The early returns look promising but that could change quickly.

I think the biggest problem with this team is just going to be consistency honestly. It's gonna be a rollercoaster season I think.

milkman
08-19-2012, 05:28 AM
He isn't a running back because the team needed to replace Jones and Battle.

That added with the need to fill the slot receiver role and DMCs hard work towards earning that role have us where we currently are.

With DMC as the full time slot receiver...at least until if/when Wylie takes the job from him.

You don't move a RB that you believe is a productive RB to WR.

That 4.5 YPC is a mirage.

Handoffs on passing downs, when the defense doesn't care if the RB gains 6 or 7 yards.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 06:41 AM
Typical Planet overreaction. Happened one way after Game 1, but the pendulum has swung the other way and it's panic time.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 06:44 AM
I think the AFC West is safe in confirming it's "worst division in football" status. Yet, once again.

Holy crap your pro takes are worse than your college ones ROFL

Ace Gunner
08-19-2012, 06:45 AM

Handoffs on passing downs, when the defense doesn't care if the RB gains 6 or 7 yards.

114 carries is a mirage to you?

milkman
08-19-2012, 06:47 AM
114 carries is a mirage to you?

Pay attention, you useless cunt.

I didn't say the carries were a mirage.

I said the 4.5 ypc were.

Ace Gunner
08-19-2012, 06:48 AM
Pay attention, you useless ****.

I didn't say the carries were a mirage.

I said the 4.5 ypc were.

You are kind of spineless.

milkman
08-19-2012, 06:54 AM
You are kind of spineless.

That makes all kinds of sense.

Ace Gunner
08-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Is it possible a dwarf can run the rock on an NFL crap team and avg 4.5 ypc on more than 100 carries? Ya. Is it possible some dumbshit is going to call it a lie based in the fact the player is pint sized? Ya.

Ace Gunner
08-19-2012, 07:06 AM
The Chiefs' weakness was once again exposed during last night's game.

The OL could not get the run game hooked up and had trouble blocking inside during pass plays.

The DL had zero pressure and allowed huge gaping holes for Jackson to run through.

OctoberFart
08-19-2012, 07:08 AM
Well hold off on that Superbowl for KC. I wanted KC to look good so that you fools would get all homered up and get your mullet curls tightened up.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 07:11 AM
Fart, you need to worry about your own flawed team.

OnTheWarpath15
08-19-2012, 07:16 AM
Love the people that are all up on Cassel's bag. He's like a con man. He has this style that leaves a box score making him look like a pro bowl QB, but its like he makes plays with absolutely no regard to what impact it has on the teams actual chances of winning. He's whoring QB rating at the expense of an offense that can actually compete with playoff caliber teams. Need 9 yards for the first down? Box score says Matty completed it (for 7). Down by 14? Matty went on a 12-14 streak (for a FG and the team lost by 18).

Buckle your seatbelts football fans. Matty is gonna take us on another Pro Bowl season ride. Yes, we'll get embarrassed by the true competitors of the league, but we may fall assbackwards into the playoffs by winning the worst division in the NFL. And boy oh boy, look at Matty's stat line.

This pretty much sums it up.

The friend I took to the game last night said something similar after a dumpoff to Charles:

"This is going to be our offense this year - 1 yard pass to [insert player here] and hope they pick up 6 yards."

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Wow... a preseason game and everybody is acting like it is a game to get into the playoffs...

I would love to be giving you people hell about your team as I usually do but I can't ever find enough interest to try...

It's nothing but a glorified scrimmage , if you come out of the game without injuries regardless of the score you win. Raiders lost because acquired injuries in the game.

milkman
08-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Is it possible a dwarf can run the rock on an NFL crap team and avg 4.5 ypc on more than 100 carries? Ya. Is it possible some dumbshit is going to call it a lie based in the fact the player is pint sized? Ya.

I dont give a rat's ass about his size.

Jackie Battle is a hell of a lot bigger, and he is every bit as useless.

McCluster was drafted because he was touted as this fast and elusive playmaker.

He is neither exceptionally fast, nor elusive.

He is far from a playmaker.

He's a guy that got a bunch of meaningless yards on a bunch of meaningless carries.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:19 AM
Well hold off on that Superbowl for KC. I wanted KC to look good so that you fools would get all homered up and get your mullet curls tightened up.

Mullet Curls LMAO ROFL LMAO

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 07:20 AM
Wow... a preseason game and everybody is acting like it is a game to get into the playoffs...

I would love to be giving you people hell about your team as I usually do but I can't ever find enough interest to try...

It's nothing but a glorified scrimmage , if you come out of the game without injuries regardless of the score you win. Raiders lost because acquired injuries in the game.

You've stuck to your guns all along when it would be easy to fling shit(unlike your buddy September Fart). Props. I might feel a biiiiit guilty owning that av after the season :D

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:22 AM
You've stuck to your guns all along when it would be easy to fling shit(unlike your buddy September Fart). Props.

You got to admit though, the "Mullet Curls" shit was funny as hell LMAO

Ace Gunner
08-19-2012, 07:22 AM
I dont give a rat's ass about his size.

Jackie Battle is a hell of a lot bigger, and he is every bit as useless.

McCluster was drafted because he was touted as this fast and elusive playmaker.

He is neither exceptionally fast, nor elusive.

He is far from a playmaker.

He's a guy that got a bunch of meaningless yards on a bunch of meaningless carries.

So, Jackie Battle and Dex are similar players. That is hilarious how you think.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 07:23 AM
You got to admit though, the "Mullet Curls" shit was funny as hell LMAO

Well, when you have a shaved, tatooed forehead, it's easy to get jealous of those of us with hair.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Well, when you have a shaved, tatooed forehead, it's easy to get jealous of those of us with hair.

Reckon he has a face tattoo too?

milkman
08-19-2012, 07:26 AM
So, Jackie Battle and Dex are similar players. That is hilarious how you think.

JFC, you a fucking moron.

I didn't say they were similar.

I said they are both useless, just like your dumb ass.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 07:27 AM
Reckon he has a face tattoo too?

Probably some of those stick ons. He's trying to "look" tough after all. It's the Raider Way.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Probably some of those stick ons. He's trying to "look" tough after all. It's the Raider Way.

I have a Raiders Mask, I may take a pic of me in it and use it for my avatar.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Tell the truth

If you had a choice of two RB's that NEVER got hurt...

Would you picK JC or DMC?

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 07:30 AM
Do it. Don't forget to put on the Road Warrior shoulder pads too. You could still be a wrestler.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Do it. Don't forget to put on the Road Warrior shoulder pads too. You could still be a wrestler.

I have a big head so it will have to be a glamour shot

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 07:32 AM
Tell the truth

Can't go wrong with either one really. Of course I'm going to be partial to Charles after he nearly set the YPC alltime record though. Unfortunately, durability is the only thing holding either back from raping the league.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:37 AM
Can't go wrong with either one really. Of course I'm going to be partial to Charles after he nearly set the YPC alltime record though. Unfortunately, durability is the only thing holding either back from raping the league.

Yup... Right now, our season teeters on the health of DMC... We have no room at all for injury... The Raiders are going in the right direction and will compete this year very well but this won't be our year I will predict atleast 8-8 though. Carson is a good QB but he is not a good QB for the offense we are running now, that rollout stuff is not a Carson strength.. I am not particularly impressed with the offensive scheme so far with the exception of DMC.. Front 4 on D will be impressive though.. DVD getting roasted by scrubs don't make me happy either... But what the hell, just like the economy... Over Spend and you will eventually have to pay the piper.... we are going to have to do that now I guess.

milkman
08-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Tell the truth

The funny thing is, JaMaal Charles has actually been more durable, and has averaged nearly a full yard and a half per carry better than McFadden in their respective careers.

McFadden's best season for YPC is only .1 yard better than Charles worst.

So, yeah, I am taking Charles.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:39 AM
Cheaps are a couple players away from being a legitimate contender, I just don't know why they won't spend some of that surplus money to get them over the hump since they are close... A real QB would make the Cheaps scary

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 07:45 AM
The funny thing is, JaMaal Charles has actually been more durable, and has averaged nearly a full yard and a half per carry better than McFadden in their respective careers.

McFadden's best season for YPC is only .1 yard better than Charles worst.

So, yeah, I am taking Charles.

Meh, either one is a luxury... I will take a healthy DMC personally because of the punishing running style.

milkman
08-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Meh, either one is a luxury... I will take a healthy DMC personally because of the punishing running style.

I don't know.

I think speed wears down a defense quicker and more effectively than power.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 07:55 AM
...and the Chiefs have both :fire:

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 08:00 AM
I don't know.

I think speed wears down a defense quicker and more effectively than power.

I may be wrong but I think the 40 times for both are 4.33 for DMC and 4.34 for Charles so speed should not even be compared with the two.

milkman
08-19-2012, 08:12 AM
I may be wrong but I think the 40 times for both are 4.33 for DMC and 4.34 for Charles so speed should not even be compared with the two.

I am not comparing speed, but rather comparing styles.

As you pointed out, McFadden is a more punishing runner, so he's not using that speed with the same effectiveness that Charles uses his.

That is, of course, the product of their size difference, but's it relevant to the issue.

Charles is stronger than most give him credit, but he doesn't seek out contact the same way that McFadden does.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 08:14 AM
I am not comparing speed, but rather comparing styles.

As you pointed out, McFadden is a more punishing runner, so he's not using that speed with the same effectiveness that Charles uses his.

That is, of course, the product of their size difference, but's it relevant to the issue.

Charles is stronger than most give him credit, but he doesn't seek out contact the same way that McFadden does.

I would take either one on my team and if we had JC instead of DMC and if the Cheaps had DMC I doubt either one of us would be complaining when they are both healthy.

milkman
08-19-2012, 08:23 AM
I would take either one on my team and if we had JC instead of DMC and if the Cheaps had DMC I doubt either one of us would be complaining when they are both healthy.

Well, I would not have even gone to make comparisons if you hadn't asked.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Well, I would not have even gone to make comparisons if you hadn't asked.

Obviously we are going to differ on this question, I didn't even think the results would have been different, although I expected a dumbass to reply instead of cordial fans like yourself and PGM

In58men
08-19-2012, 08:35 AM
Last time Chiefs went 2-0 in preseason was back in 2003 lol

bricks
08-19-2012, 08:47 AM
I don't worry too much about the preseason but I'll say this,

Yesterday's game gave us an indication of how important Flowers is to the Chiefs football team. The Rams did the smart thing by attacking Flowers replacement.

They exposed the team weakness really well. I also think Belcher is a big liability in coverage. I wouldn't be surprised come season time that teams decide to attack in his area.

bricks
08-19-2012, 08:53 AM
And Cassel is clearly the starter.

Competition at QB isn't even close. There just is none. I'm trying to figure whether Stanzi has a long ways to go or if he just isn't that good? Quinn forget about it. Im not gonna place my hopes in him.

*At least Cassel is playing well though. That's the only positive I can take from this point.

Coogs
08-19-2012, 08:58 AM
BossChiefs take on the game 100 posts or so ago was probably the closest to what I took out of it.

And I will throw in a couple of additional thoughts to that.

For better or worse, it appears we are going to have the 2010 Matt Cassel.

Game one featured the run over the pass, and went into the win column. (first half)

Game two featured the pass over the run, and went into the loss column. (first half)

And the MO for the passing game for both games followed much along the Charlie Wies plan... which makes sense.

TEX
08-19-2012, 08:58 AM
And Cassel is clearly the starter.

Competition at QB isn't even close. There just is none. I'm trying to figure whether Stanzi has a long ways to go or if he just isn't that good? Quinn forget about it. Im not gonna place my hopes in him.

*At least Cassel is playing well though. That's the only positive I can take from this point.

You're correct - it's not close. That was the plan from the get go though we were told otherwise. Quin is clearly # 2. Wish we had a # 2 that was better but we don't. Stanzi doesn't belong in the NFL.

TEX
08-19-2012, 09:03 AM
I don't worry too much about the preseason but I'll say this,

Yesterday's game gave us an indication of how important Flowers is to the Chiefs football team. The Rams did the smart thing by attacking Flowers replacement.

They exposed the team weakness really well. I also think Belcher is a big liability in coverage. I wouldn't be surprised come season time that teams decide to attack in his area.

The bigger weakness is the non existent pass rush. The DL is the weak link of the defense. Has been for years, which is why the Chiefs can look great on defense one week and next get run all over. The Rams had no problems running the ball up the middle at will. Their # 1 OL totally dominated our #1 DL. Until the Chiefs get a solid DL, the up and down play will continue. This is the reason why I couldn't understand how all off season some kept saying how awesome our defense is / was. It's only gonna be as good as the DL will let it be.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 09:05 AM
People say that because it was a top 5 defense the 2nd half of the year last year. They faced Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Big Ben in that stretch, so the people calling it a fluke are talking out of thier ass.

They had 20 sacks in that span, you are overreacting.

oldman
08-19-2012, 09:19 AM
I've only seen the games on TV, but is Breaston even getting open or is he doubled? I don't think we've targeted him once.

TEX
08-19-2012, 09:29 AM
People say that because it was a top 5 defense the 2nd half of the year last year. They faced Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, and Big Ben in that stretch, so the people calling it a fluke are talking out of thier ass.

They had 20 sacks in that span, you are overreacting.

Top 5? Really? Over the 2nd half. You sure they were top 5 against the run over that span???

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Top 5? Really? Over the 2nd half. You sure they were top 5 against the run over that span???

I'll have to find the stats Boss or someone posted them towards the end of the year last year. Don't remember thier run ranking.

R8RFAN
08-19-2012, 09:36 AM
Ol "Hot Tub" Boss played pretty good last night what I saw

BoneKrusher
08-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Ol "Hot Tub" Boss played pretty good last night what I saw

he's a keeper fo sho.

Ace Gunner
08-19-2012, 09:55 AM
The bigger weakness is the non existent pass rush. The DL is the weak link of the defense. Has been for years, which is why the Chiefs can look great on defense one week and next get run all over. The Rams had no problems running the ball up the middle at will. Their # 1 OL totally dominated our #1 DL. Until the Chiefs get a solid DL, the up and down play will continue. This is the reason why I couldn't understand how all off season some kept saying how awesome our defense is / was. It's only gonna be as good as the DL will let it be.

Ya, last night should be a wake up call to the "12 - 4" homers. This team is still as inconsistent without Todd Haley running it.

This was "2011 season meltdown" part II.

DJ got the dumbs again too.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Some of you guys are crying over nothing.

It's the preseason.

Do you bitches think GB is in chicken little mode because they lost to the Browns like 100-5?

Peyton Manning has 0 tds and like 4 picks.

It's preaseason...we have no idea what the two teams coaching staffs wanted to get out of this game, therefore it's hard to judge anything but one on one performances in these matchups.

Especially in game two of the preseason.

Simplicity
08-19-2012, 10:17 AM

It's the preseason.

Do you bitches think GB is in chicken little mode because they lost to the Browns like 100-5?

It's preaseason...we have no idea what the two teams coaching staffs wanted to get out of this game, therefore it's hard to judge anything but one on one performances in these matchups.

/thread

oh and + rep.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 10:19 AM

For every rushing attempt he had in a worthless situation, he had one where we ran him up the middle in short yardage.

Those cancel each other out IMO.

Look, was it a good pick at 36? Probably not.

Has Dexter shown year to year improvement? Absolutely.

His routes this preaseason have been great.

Not good, GREAT.

He is getting separation on nearly every route he runs and will help us win games this year.

Pasta Little Brioni
08-19-2012, 10:25 AM

It's the preseason.

Were you the one that got those defensive stats for the Chiefs last 8 games last year? Can't find them anywhere.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 10:33 AM
Not me.

suzzer99
08-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Hey Cassel, Dexter is wide open. Better scramble. Out of your perfect pocket.

http://i.imgur.com/ANUy1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pzl6f.jpg

RAGE

suzzer99
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
And you "talk" like a Homer-Dumbass.

If Jon Baldwin needs three seasons to prove his worth, he was a ****ing awful selection.

Well he had less than a half season of typical rookie development last year, factoring in the strike and the fact that Thomas Jones is a raging cunt. Also the guy was an admitted project who had to learn a lot of nfl technique from scratch.

WilliamTheIrish
08-19-2012, 11:33 AM

It's the preseason.

Why would any Chiefs fan care about GB's loss? Or Manning's picks? Those two QB's have proven their worth in this league.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Well he had less than a half season of typical rookie development last year, factoring in the strike and the fact that Thomas Jones is a raging cunt. Also the guy was an admitted project who had to learn a lot of nfl technique from scratch.

Again, if he's a project at #21, he was a horrible selection. As I mentioned earlier, A.J. Green and Julio Jones certainly didn't need three years, nor did Baldwin's teammate, Dwayne Bowe.

Baldwin, IMO, has been disappointing to date but hopefully, that changes quickly.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Again, if he's a project at #21, he was a horrible selection. As I mentioned earlier, A.J. Green and Julio Jones certainly didn't need three years, nor did Baldwin's teammate, Dwayne Bowe.

Baldwin, IMO, has been disappointing to date but hopefully, that changes quickly.

He wasn't taken at 21.

Even if he was, he was well worth the risk.

His upside is an elite receiver.

suzzer99
08-19-2012, 11:51 AM

How can you compare 4th and 6th overall to a late first-rounder? AJ Green and Julio Jones weren't ever considered projects. Taking a flyer on a skill-position unpolished guy with freakish talent in the late first round is completely standard. The hope is you wind up with a guy like Green or Jones even if it takes him a year or two longer to develop.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 12:09 PM
He wasn't taken at 21.

Even if he was, he was well worth the risk.

His upside is an elite receiver.

Eh, 26, whatever. There is no good reason as to why he should take three years to develop.

DaneMcCloud
08-19-2012, 12:10 PM
How can you compare 4th and 6th overall to a late first-rounder? AJ Green and Julio Jones weren't ever considered projects. Taking a flyer on a skill-position unpolished guy with freakish talent in the late first round is completely standard. The hope is you wind up with a guy like Green or Jones even if it takes him a year or two longer to develop.

Belichick compared them and said Baldwin was just as good.

Nightfyre
08-19-2012, 12:11 PM
I have said this consistently since we drafted him: Baldwin has Fitz-level upside.

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 12:20 PM
I have said this consistently since we drafted him: Baldwin has Fitz-level upside.

achieving that upside to Fitz level means having a top tier QB:shrug:

boogblaster
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
D flat
O kinda
Team needs to improve

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
achieving that upside to Fitz level means having a top tier QB:shrug:

Ignorant post.

Btw...why don't you try cramming more into your sig?

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Eh, 26, whatever. There is no good reason as to why he should take three years to develop.

Strike ?? Casshole?? Haley ???

milkman
08-19-2012, 12:25 PM
Ignorant post.

Nothing new here.

GloryDayz
08-19-2012, 12:27 PM
Welp, at least I was able to download and configure Opera during the game since the beasts removed Chrome! We'll see...

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Ignorant post.

State your case.

Think Rice still would be miles ahead in stats without Montana and Young? Don't get me wrong Rice with his work ethic would still be in the elite class but he wouldn't be miles ahead of everybody if he had he to deal with QB's like Cassel. He just happened to get lucky having those HOF QB's for the majority of his career(how many WRs get that lucky btw) combined with his work ethic to be the best.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 12:36 PM
State your case.

Think Rice still would be miles ahead in stats without Montana and Young? Don't get me wrong Rice with his work ethic would still be in the elite class but he wouldn't be miles ahead of everybody if he had he to deal with QB's like Cassel. He just happened to get lucky having those HOF QB's for the majority of his career(how many WRs get that lucky btw) combined with his work ethic to be the best.

What the fuck does that have to do with Fitzgerald?

He seemed to get there without a quarterback.

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 12:54 PM
He seemed to get there without a quarterback.

He did ?? Warner ? Don't get me wrong I believe Fitz would have gotten to that elite level eventually but my whole point is when you have HOF QB's to get your career off to a great start( a la Rice and Fitz) it makes it much easier to get to that Rice/Fitz level of play of which Baldwin DOES NOT have that luxury in Cassel and WHY it will take Baldwin longer IMHO. I along with many others here I believe he has the physical tools to get to that level but he also needs a top tier QB to utilize ALL of his abilities. And top tier QB is not defined as HOF caliber either. But Cassel is not even in the top 20 of this league at this point IMO.

jd1020
08-19-2012, 12:55 PM
He did ?? Warner ? Don't get me wrong I believe Fitz would have gotten to that elite level eventually but my whole point is when you have HOF QB's to get your career off to a great start( a la Rice and Fitz) it makes it much easier to get to that Rice/Fitz level of play of which Baldwin DOES NOT have that luxury in Cassel and WHY it will take Baldwin longer IMHO. I along with many others here I believe he has the physical tools to get to that level but he also needs a top tier QB to utilize ALL of his abilities. And top tier QB is not defined as HOF caliber either. But Cassel is not even in the top 20 of this league at this point IMO.

Fitz isn't going in to the HoF because of 2 years of Warner.

milkman
08-19-2012, 01:01 PM

Just roll with it.

Shrink is an idiot.
This is not new.

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 01:06 PM

You missed the whole point. Dane McDouche said it shouldn't take 3yrs to develop but when you have T Jones caused injury setback because you are an insecure rookie and you have Todd Haley to deal with during a strike ridden year for a rookie especially difficult because you don't get honed up on the playbook and no coaching in the OTA's with Cassel as your QB then it will take you awhile to get up to speed.

No one is questioning whether Baldwin has Fitz tools and Fitz type of play in him but it sure helps when you don't have to deal with an injury during a strike ridden year and have a HOF QB throwing to you to get your career off to a great and fast start like FITZ and RICE did !!

jd1020
08-19-2012, 01:08 PM
You missed the whole point. Dane McDouche said it shouldn't take 3yrs to develop but when you have T Jones caused injury setback because you are an insecure rookie and you have Todd Haley to deal with during a strike ridden year for a rookie especially difficult because you don't get honed up on the playbook and no coaching in the OTA's with Cassel as your QB then it will take you awhile to get up to speed.

No one is questioning whether Baldwin has Fitz tools and Fitz type of play in him but it sure helps when you don't have to deal with an injury during a strike ridden year and have a HOF QB throwing to you to get your career off to a great and fast start like FITZ and RICE did !!

Fitzgerald had already been in the league for 4 years when Warner played his first full season as the starter in Arizona.

milkman
08-19-2012, 01:08 PM

Kurt Warner didn't become the full time starter, you fucking useless dumbass, until Larry Fitzgerald had already established himself as one of teh elite receivers in the league.

Barret
08-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Hey Cassel, Dexter is wide open. Better scramble. Out of your perfect pocket.

http://i.imgur.com/ANUy1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pzl6f.jpg

I am not a QB coach or anything but what is disturbing about the 2 pictures above is it seems as though Cassel has completely locked onto either 1 side of the field or 1 player being #80 as he is running the crossing route.

In the first picture it looks like Cassel is waiting for #80 to get open and see which way the LB is going. Is he covering #80 or #22. If Cassel is following #80 with his eyes and the LB can read that then there is no reason to follow #22

What is more disturbing is who is at the 48 yard line and wide open?

SAUTO
08-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Where is the fifty two yard line?
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
08-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Where is the fifty two yard line?
Posted via Mobile Device

LMAO

RunKC
08-19-2012, 04:41 PM
I just don't understand how the hell people (aka Clayton) keep bashing Cassel for this performance?

13/18, 142 yards, 8 yard average per completion, 4/6 on 3rd down all with his WR fumbling and his OT ruining a drive with 2 straight penalties.

Yes Cassel has been bad the past 3 years, but the way he's playing right now is encouraging.

He plays like he did in 2010 and we win the division.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 04:46 PM
I just don't understand how the hell people (aka Clayton) keep bashing Cassel for this performance?

Because it's a mirage.

When 10 of his completions are bullshit garden variety dumpoffs, I can see where we're headed.

Especially when his idea of "getting the WR involved" is dumping it to Dexter.

That said, the 3 completions where he threw the ball down the field were very nice. Kevin Boss FTMFW.

RunKC
08-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Because it's a mirage.

When 10 of his completions are bullshit garden variety dumpoffs, I can see where we're headed.

Especially when his idea of "getting the WR involved" is dumping it to Dexter.

That said, the 3 completions where he threw the ball down the field were very nice. Kevin Boss FTMFW.

If it's leading to first downs and points I don't give a shit. When Bowe gets back he's going to fuck defenses up.

BossChief
08-19-2012, 05:00 PM
He looked pretty good considering Bowe wasn't playing.

Bowe is gonna open the offense up if Cassel can distibute the ball effectively.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 05:03 PM
If it's leading to first downs and points I don't give a shit. When Bowe gets back he's going to fuck defenses up.

It leads to losses during real football.

Quarterbacks who keep dumping the ball short are like catnip to good defenses.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 05:04 PM

Now all of a sudden we need Bowe? LMAO

chiefzilla1501
08-19-2012, 05:07 PM

13/18, 142 yards, 8 yard average per completion, 4/6 on 3rd down all with his WR fumbling and his OT ruining a drive with 2 straight penalties.

Yes Cassel has been bad the past 3 years, but the way he's playing right now is encouraging.

Because nobody is interested in repeating 2010. We want a team that can consistently be a super bowl contender. We don't want a team that has to build around the qbs weaknesses. We want a team that acts as a support group to the qbs many strengths.

The fear is that the chiefs win the division in unimpressive fashion, lose in the playoffs, but this team becomes further disillusioned that cassel is the answer. We'd be a lot less pessimistic if it didn't seem like this front office as bending over backwards to stubbornly prove that cassel is our long term answer.

Titty Meat
08-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Bowe catches that ball Cassel throws in the end zone. Is anyone else not impressed with Baldwin at all?

SAUTO
08-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Bowe catches that ball Cassel throws in the end zone. Is anyone else not impressed with Baldwin at all?
Come on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 05:14 PM

Why would they be?

So far the highlight of his career is beasting Jalil Brown in training camp.

Titty Meat
08-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Come on.
Posted via Mobile Device

What? His hands are very questionable. There's no way right now he's a #1 WR.

chiefzilla1501
08-19-2012, 05:17 PM

I think what bothers most people is that this supporting cast has become so good that a very good qb would make this offense downright unstoppable. Can you even imagine Aaron Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton, Cam, cutler, Eli, big Ben, Stafford, Bradford, Schaub, Romo, or rivers operating in this offense? In a qb driven league, we have a guy who barely broke the top half of qbs. The fact that we still can be competitive with this kind of qb play only opens up the obvious statement that a top tier qb (not even an elite one) would overnight make this team go from being a playoff contender to a super bowl contender.

SAUTO
08-19-2012, 05:19 PM
What? His hands are very questionable. There's no way right now he's a #1 WR.

That pass to the endzone was terrible
Posted via Mobile Device

Coogs
08-19-2012, 07:15 PM

When we ran more than we passed we won 10 times. We also lost a game (Houston) where we ran more. (There may be more than this one, but I don't care to go back and look right now)

When we passed more than we ran, we lost.

First half under Cassel...

Game 1. Ran more times. Up at half... Won

Game 2. Passed more times. Down at half... Lost

If we run more times than we pass in 2012 then you may be correct. We just may win the division. Just like we did in 2010.

Titty Meat
08-19-2012, 07:18 PM

When we ran more than we passed we won 10 times. We also lost a game (Houston) where we ran more. (There may be more than this one, but I don't care to go back and look right now)

When we passed more than we ran, we lost.

First half under Cassel...

Game 1. Ran more times. Up at half... Won

Game 2. Passed more times. Down at half... Lost

If we run more times than we pass in 2012 then you may be correct. We just may win the division. Just like we did in 2010.

We didn't lose last night because of Matt Cassel.

jd1020
08-19-2012, 07:19 PM
We weren't losing against the Rams because we passed more than we ran. Our D was shit and we turned the ball over.

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Fitzgerald had already been in the league for 4 years when Warner played his first full season as the starter in Arizona.

Wrong. Fitz drafted in 04. Warner signed in 05. Again, Fitz proved his rookie yr he was special and Warner was able to accelerate and expose his greatness from there on out with a little Leinert hiccup along the way. Baldwin does not have that luxury in a QB situation here but I believe he will have his great moments but they just won't be as often as we would like with Cassel at the helm.

Chiefs Pantalones
08-19-2012, 07:51 PM
We're gonna be primarily a running team. That's our identity with a QB like Cassel. If he's passing the ball more than 30 times then we're screwed. He's a game manager. Run the ball, play defense, don't make mistakes, check downs are ok, etc. That's the way it looks so far anyway. When Cassel has to throw the ball a lot even HE looks uncomfortable. I don't think he wants to be "the guy."

Coogs
08-19-2012, 07:59 PM
We didn't lose last night because of Matt Cassel.

I didn't say we did.

I'm just stating the facts, and I will sit back and wait for you to disprove this...

Not always... in either case... but more likely than not... when we throw more than we run with Matt Cassel, we lose. When we run the ball more, we win.

Facts are facts.

I will wait for your rebuttal to disprove this.

jd1020
08-19-2012, 08:00 PM
Wrong. Fitz drafted in 04. Warner signed in 05. Again, Fitz proved his rookie yr he was special and Warner was able to accelerate and expose his greatness from there on out with a little Leinert hiccup along the way. Baldwin does not have that luxury in a QB situation here but I believe he will have his great moments but they just won't be as often as we would like with Cassel at the helm.

God you are dumb as hell. Warner wasn't the full time starter in Arizona until 08. STFU already.

Coogs
08-19-2012, 08:01 PM
We weren't losing against the Rams because we passed more than we ran. Our D was shit and we turned the ball over.

That goes for you too.

dj56dt58
08-19-2012, 08:10 PM

According to the thing they did on Kurt Warner on NFL Network, Fitz was fine with being good and had no desire to be the best..Kurt pushed him to become the best

Messier
08-19-2012, 08:20 PM
I didn't say we did.

I'm just stating the facts, and I will sit back and wait for you to disprove this...

Not always... in either case... but more likely than not... when we throw more than we run with Matt Cassel, we lose. When we run the ball more, we win.

Facts are facts.

I too have facts. Throw to Jon Baldwin but incomplete = win

Throw to Jon Baldwin complete but fumbles = lose.

Therefore, we must not complete passes to Jon Baldwin.

Disprove that.

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 08:21 PM
when we throw more than we run with Matt Cassel, we lose. When we run the ball more, we win.

Facts are facts.

BINGO !!

milkman
08-19-2012, 08:23 PM
God you are dumb as hell. Warner wasn't the full time starter in Arizona until 08. STFU already.

Dumb is an inderstatement.

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 08:23 PM

Disprove that.

Coogs ain't talkin about Baldwin he is talking about Cassel. Disprove it !

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 08:24 PM
According to the thing they did on Kurt Warner on NFL Network, Fitz was fine with being good and had no desire to be the best..Kurt pushed him to become the best

Proves my point that Fitz needed a top tier QB to make him better !!

Chiefnj2
08-19-2012, 08:26 PM
I didn't say we did.

Facts are facts.

Weren't there more rushing attempts against the Rams than Cassel pass attempts?

Chiefshrink
08-19-2012, 08:26 PM

Check the stats from 05 on. Like I said, a minor Leinert hiccup.

Messier
08-19-2012, 08:31 PM
Coogs ain't talkin about Baldwin he is talking about Cassel. Disprove it !

Did you know that on average when a team throws more than they run in a game lose the game?

Not sure if the dumb point, thats not really a point, is meant to be a shot at Cassel, but as was said earlier, Cassel was one of the positives from the Rams game.

Now, disprove that Jon Baldwin must not catch a pass or we lose.

Coogs
08-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Weren't there more rushing attempts against the Rams than Cassel pass attempts?

Not when Cassel was in. First half was 18 passes and 13 (?) rushes. (Not sure where sacks play into stats).

Pro-rated out, in a full game that is 36 passes and 26 runs. In the past, for the Chiefs that translates into a losss. For the elite QB's... not so much.

Again, this is not always the case. But it is the norm.

Cassel 3:16

Messier
08-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Not when Cassel was in. First half was 18 passes and 13 (?) rushes. (Not sure where sacks play into stats).

Pro-rated out, in a full game that is 36 passes and 26 runs. In the past, for the Chiefs that translates into a losss. For the elite QB's... not so much.

Again, this is not always the case. But it is the norm.

Cassel 3:16

How many passes resulted in first downs?

milkman
08-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Proves my point that Fitz needed a top tier QB to make him better !!

You're a fucking moron.

In Fitzgerald's second season, well before Warner became the starter, he caught 103 passes, the most in a single season for 1409 yards and established himself as one of the elite receivers in the league.

Just shut up, you dipshit.

You have never gotten a single fucking thing right.

Ever.

jd1020
08-19-2012, 08:38 PM
You're a ****ing moron.

In Fitzgerald's second season, well before Warner became the starter, he caught 103 passes, the most in a single season for 1409 yards and established himself as one of the elite receivers in the league.

Just shut up, you dipshit.

You have never gotten a single ****ing thing right.

Ever.

Fitzgerald has really missed Warner too. He just had, by far, one of his best seasons as a receiver last season averaging 17.6 ypc, compared to his previous best 14.9 with Warner in 08. One of his worst productive years came in 09, with Warner, when he averaged a measly 11.3 ypc, compared to his next worst 12.6 in 10.

Coogs
08-19-2012, 08:38 PM

Disprove that.

Baldwin caught some balls in 2011. Throw in those stats to back up your hypothesis, and I will listen.

Coogs
08-19-2012, 08:39 PM
How many passes resulted in first downs?

Don't know. Don't care. 40+ games of stats to back up a fact.

It's kind of goes back to what everyone is/was blasting Clay about earlier in the thread. Checkdowns are not going to get it done.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Did you know that on average when a team throws more than they run in a game lose the game?

Why don't you look up some stats on some of the best teams in the league.

See how often they throw.

See how often they run.

Then get back to me.

Hint: they throw more than they run.

This isn't 1995.

Messier
08-19-2012, 08:47 PM
Don't know. Don't care. 40+ games of stats to back up a fact.

It's kind of goes back to what everyone is/was blasting Clay about earlier in the thread. Checkdowns are not going to get it done.

Then you didn't your research on the subject an can be ignored.

Coogs
08-19-2012, 08:50 PM
Then you didn't your research on the subject an can be ignored.

Not sure what you mean?

I've done the research. I'm guessing at this point several have checked my research. No one has disputed it. Not even Poili.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Why are people arguing 2011 Matt Cassel on the 2012 game 2 thoughts thread?

Coogs
08-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Why are people arguing 2011 Matt Cassel on the 2012 game 2 thoughts thread?

Who is doing that?

I'm arguing the 40+ starts in his Chiefs career Matt Cassel vs 2012.

Run more we probably win. Throw more, most likely we lose.

Messier
08-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Not sure what you mean?

I've done the research. I'm guessing at this point several have checked my research. No one has disputed it. Not even Poili.

The reason the Chiefs lost the game was not because they threw more than than they ran. They lost because they got down early, and turnovers.

If anything Cassel kept them in the game by passing.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 09:01 PM
The reason the Chiefs lost the game was not because they threw more than than they ran. They lost because they got down early, and turnovers.

It has nothing to do with winning or losing.

It has to do with what Cassel did in the game, which was a bunch of bullshit that people are now praising.

Which is exactly what happened in the last preseason game last year when he was 15 of 17.

Messier
08-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Why don't you look up some stats on some of the best teams in the league.

See how often they throw.

See how often they run.

Then get back to me.

Hint: they throw more than they run.

This isn't 1995.

That is correct, the only playoff team to do that was the 49ers.

Chiefnj2
08-19-2012, 09:02 PM
Orton moves the ball and he's a god. Cassel moves the ball and people go back to 2009. Got it.

Messier
08-19-2012, 09:03 PM

It has to do with what Cassel did in the game, which was a bunch of bullshit that people are now praising.

Which is exactly what happened in the last preseason game last year when he was 15 of 17.

By the way he had two more passes over 15 yards.

Messier
08-19-2012, 09:03 PM

And sorry, that's not what coogs is arguing.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 09:04 PM
Orton moves the ball and he's a god. Cassel moves the ball and people go back to 2009. Got it.

Orton moved the ball because he threw the ball down the field.

Interestingly enough, the only good drive we had with Cassel in that game, the only TD we scored? He threw the ball down the field.

Funny how that works.

Hammock Parties
08-19-2012, 09:04 PM
By the way he had two more passes over 15 yards.

He threw three passes over 15 yards for the whole game.

They all came on the same drive.

We scored a TD on that drive.

More of that, not that dink and dunk bullshit, thanks.

Coogs
08-19-2012, 09:05 PM

Maybe. And maybe if the full game is played out with starters we comeback and win with Cassel throwing the ball more than we run it. That has happened before.

Bottom line is though, chances are when we throw it more than we run it, we are going to lose.

Clay is onto something. Checkdowns are not going to get it done. Looks good on the stat sheet though.

Messier
08-19-2012, 09:05 PM
He threw three passes over 15 yards for the whole game.

They all came on the same drive.

We scored a TD on that drive.

More of that, not that dink and dunk bullshit, thanks.

I agree.

Coogs
08-19-2012, 09:08 PM
And sorry, that's not what coogs is arguing.

Clay and I are not always on the same page. This time/issue we are.

Frankie
08-19-2012, 09:11 PM

Barret's post (#436) is on the money. Cassel has minimal to no field vision. Imagine the receiver on top of Clay's photo being Bowe. It doesn't make a difference if Cassel is too bereft of peripheral vision to see him. Cassel's mind tends to lock on the receiver he wanted in the 1st place. If said receiver is covered he's screwed, and by extension, so are we.

Frankie
08-19-2012, 09:14 PM

Disprove that.

Cassel posts under userid Messier. :D

crazycoffey
08-20-2012, 12:05 AM

Baldwin was covered on about only that play. Swear to god. Im not a coach or a qb and Baldwin got almost no looks in my opinion. At least, the very least, 5 plays the ball should have been thrown his way. Im not even trolling, the outcome would have been dramaticly improved.

chuxtrux
08-20-2012, 12:06 AM
I thought Romeo looked sad. He's been coaching a while and he's been in a lot of games. I think he was wondering if it was all worth it. The long hours. The time away from his family. His whole life was spent on a child's game. He wasn't changing his community through advanced medicine skills or using his leadership to change policies. He is getting old and I think he is starting to wonder for purpose in his life. I think that's why the team play soft. It could also be because of the TWA Dome. That doesn't spark the rugged individualism personality traits you need to have to succeed in football. I don't think any of these things are permanent. Sometimes all it takes is a good night sleep to get out of one of those moods.

petegz28
08-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Clay is pissed because when we were pinned deep in our own territory and down 14-0, Cassel didn't come out throwing 40 yard bombs from our 10 yard line.

BoneKrusher
08-20-2012, 06:31 AM
i have a question
whats up with Baldwin?
i thought this was gonna be his coming out season.
so far he's playing more like Alec Baldwin than Jon Baldwin.

BigMeatballDave
08-20-2012, 06:36 AM
i have a question
whats up with Baldwin?
i thought this was gonna be his coming out season.
so far he's playing more like Alec Baldwin than Jon Baldwin.

He's 2 games into the preseason.

Give it a regular season game, at least.

BoneKrusher
08-20-2012, 06:38 AM
He's 2 games into the preseason.

Give it a regular season game, at least.

yeah i know it's early but all the hype coming from TC was this guys turned into a monster.
in Saturdays game (2nd Quarter) he was going against the Rams second string and did nothing.

bevischief
08-20-2012, 06:44 AM
Ask Cassel.

BoneKrusher
08-20-2012, 06:51 AM
Ask Cassel.

great point.
i just assumed since Cassel was throwing the ball at TC as well.